PDA

View Full Version : 777 ND question

punkalouver
25th Jan 2019, 00:39
Hi,

Was recently reading a thread in another forum and a 777 pilot was discussing CAT III approaches. He posted some picures of the PFD on approach amd I was wondering what the red lines are on the PFD.

The link is here(scroll about 2/3 down),

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/175938-boeing-777-pilots-review-10.html

Sorry guys, can't change the title where I accidentally put ND.

bigduke6
25th Jan 2019, 03:49
Hmm......Now I am curious also.

On the B-744, the red areas would be areas to keep the pitch bar out of to comply with a TCAS RA, same with the red area/ bar on the VSI.

Chesty Morgan
25th Jan 2019, 06:01
That's the PFD for a start.

Those red lines are definitely the TCAS areas to avoid. Why they're displayed I have no idea.

However, something doesn't ring quite right about the bloke who posted it all. It's almost like he's quoting from a book...

200' DH for a CAT3? Nope.
Taking pictures on a CAT3 approach? Nope.
Every possible PFD selection turned on. Unlikely.

I smell a Walt .

clackerbag
25th Jan 2019, 16:58
That's the PFD for a start.

Those red lines are definitely the TCAS areas to avoid. Why they're displayed I have no idea.

However, something doesn't ring quite right about the bloke who posted it all. It's almost like he's quoting from a book...

200' DH for a CAT3? Nope.
Taking pictures on a CAT3 approach? Nope.
Every possible PFD selection turned on. Unlikely.

I smell a Walt .

That's because it looks like PMDG's 777 for P3d. The screen bezels give it away...

Fursty Ferret
25th Jan 2019, 20:37
They're screenshots from a flight simulator game, not photographs. That's why you have the weird TCAS symbology.