PDA

View Full Version : A320 CATII/III callouts

dream747
3rd Nov 2018, 01:48
Hi all,

Does anyone know where in the manuals have Airbus moved the CAT 2/3 autoland callouts to? In the past it used to be under the standard callouts summary for each phase section, however with the revision of manuals over time I can't seem to find them anymore.

Thanks!

FlightDetent
3rd Nov 2018, 23:48
I am not momentarily aware of any specific CAT II/III callouts, and do not even remember them from the Standard Calls chapter where you said they used to be.

However, the "Task Sharing for CATII/III Approach": ex PRO-SRP-FMGS-APPROACH (or even more ex FCOM 4), seems to be dissolved.

QRH has a new element AUTOLAND which has the task sharing.
FCTM has a rather nice chapter APPROACH USING LOC G/S FOR CATII CATIII (FCTM-PR-NP-SOP-190/Approach-GUI).

Maybe someone can fill what I missed. FCOM rev JUL 2018.

iceman50
4th Nov 2018, 02:54
It is the same on the A330 they have removed the "old tables" where the information was in one place. You now have to read the Normal Procedures and all the callouts are embedded in the text. In the A330 there is an Auotland section, FCOM PRO-NOR-SOP-19 P3/6 for Flare and Rollout, the "LAND" and "CONTINUE" calls for ILS / LVO are embedded in PRO-NOR-SOP-18C P4-4/22. I realise the references will be different but should hopefully be in similar sections. A retrograde step.