PDA

View Full Version : a320 bomb on board

nj314
4th Jun 2018, 01:42
We all know the famous procedure when bomb on board is to play with the outflow valvle to keep delta P= 1. But all this is only when landing is not possible within 30min.

QRH says if landing is possible, the only 2 things to do is advice company and prepare cabin. Does it mean that we can ignore the delta P, cab alt + 2500 etc. to descend and land asap?

Thanks.

Pugilistic Animus
4th Jun 2018, 04:29
I wholey doubt that anyone will answer this...me? I don't know and I don't care

Pugilistic Animus
4th Jun 2018, 04:34
With that being said El Al passes cargo and luggage through a pressure chamber to defeat hypsometric activated IEDs

donpizmeov
4th Jun 2018, 04:53
Can you explain how you would land without doing that?

Feather44
4th Jun 2018, 07:04
QRH says if landing is possible, the only 2 things to do is advice company and prepare cabin. Does it mean that we can ignore the delta P, cab alt + 2500 etc. to descend and land asap?

Well, that's what the QRH says

Goldenrivett
4th Jun 2018, 07:16
Does it mean that we can ignore the delta P, cab alt + 2500 etc. to descend and land asap?
Yes. Once the aircraft is below the maximum cabin altitude achieved, then you can depressurise the cabin completely by opening the outflow valves. Provided you don't climb any higher, then the altitude switch won't be triggered.

Capt Fathom
4th Jun 2018, 07:19
Call me paranoid, but maybe this should not be discussed here?

wiggy
4th Jun 2018, 09:33
Call me paranoid, but maybe this should not be discussed here?

Your’re not paranoid. Most companies will have a “do not discuss security matters” in the Ops manual...

Whilst the text of what is in the relevant QRH/FCOM/FCTM (as appropriate) is no doubt in the public domain I’d hope nobody starts drifting into discussing anything beyond that.

mickjoebill
9th Jun 2018, 14:44
The El Al treatment is not widely in the public domain
Please consider redacting.and respond via PM to OP.

Remembe, there is more chance of catching the bad guy if the bombs remains are on the ground and not in the deep blue...

mjb

IFLY_INDIGO
9th Jun 2018, 14:52
QRH is clear.. LAND ASAP. if not able to land within 30 minutes, apply the proc further