PDA

View Full Version : MAM QF Casuals

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Chibi88
18th Feb 2019, 06:17
So good to see that everyone's progressing well. Thank you for all the informations and guidance guys! Enjoy your training! Let's go to Sydney!

7A7
18th Feb 2019, 22:02
Hi everyone,

For those who are still waiting to progress just be patience. I know it's disheartening seeing everyone getting calls and you're not but you will get there. It took me 6 months.

Congratulations to those who has offers for ground school. My biggest advice is
STUDY - STUDY - STUDY and STUDY like there is no tomorrow....
Ground school (EPs) is very tough. If you don't study you can and will fail in exams.
​​​​​​
4 people in my training group got removed from failing too many exams.
I am not scaring you but giving you a glance into the course and prepare, be prepared.

​​​​​​Good luck with you up coming training 👍😊

Catherine_93
18th Feb 2019, 22:09
So good to see that everyone's progressing well. Thank you for all the informations and guidance guys! Enjoy your training! Let's go to Sydney!

Thank you Chibi .. wish you all the best of luck 😘♥️

Catherine_93
18th Feb 2019, 22:13
Hi everyone,

For those who are still waiting to progress just be patience. I know it's disheartening seeing everyone getting calls and you're not but you will get there. It took me 6 months.

Congratulations to those who has offers for ground school. My biggest advice is
STUDY - STUDY - STUDY and STUDY like there is no tomorrow....
Ground school (EPs) is very tough. If you don't study you can and will fail in exams.
​​​​​​
4 people in my training group got removed from failing too many exams.
I am not scaring you but giving you a glance into the course and prepare, be prepared.

​​​​​​Good luck with you up coming training 👍😊

Thanks for your advice. ♥️😘

Chibi88
19th Feb 2019, 08:00
Hey guys
soooo exciting to have received my Golden call today:)
look forward to GS
Perth based

Hey Tina, just saw your post. I'm from Perth base too. Which AD did you attend? Any idea how many of us from Perth? See you in Sydney! Xx

sjg747
20th Feb 2019, 04:42
Guys finally the wait is over! Just received the call today got offered the position, for those who are still waiting might expect to get the call from MAM soon too! Keep us updated and see you in Sydney on the 4th of March xox

Congratulations! can you please let me know the contract terms pay etc?? thx so much

becmac66
26th Feb 2019, 02:13
Hey, I just received a call for ground school in 2 weeks. Unfortunately had to decline as I have to give my current employee 4 weeks. Are ground schools quite regular? thankx for the info.

Tinamariexo
26th Feb 2019, 04:16
Hey Tina, just saw your post. I'm from Perth base too. Which AD did you attend? Any idea how many of us from Perth? See you in Sydney! Xx

Hey , awesome so excited to meet Perth based girls. AD Lol um November......
no not sure how many Soz hun
Bring on Sydney ✈️🌍
Have you received flight, accommodation etc details yet ? Xo

Eve Melbourne
26th Feb 2019, 10:26
Hey guy's is there anyone on here going to Sydney ground school 7th March? Is there a group chat for this class? If not I'll make one. I was originally supposed to be in 4th March school but my medical didn't clear in time but I'm so happy for the golden call today. to be apart of 7th of March if you are in this school be great to know and make a group of people on wassap like we did for 4th of March school. Not long to go now bring on ground school 😍✈

Tinamariexo
26th Feb 2019, 10:43
Oh hey again,
soz hun I had to go back through dates
22nd November 2018 Attended AD to be exact ��
Were you there too ? Xo

Tinamariexo
26th Feb 2019, 13:17
Hey ,
i start on the 7th definitely close , can’t wait bring on Sydney ��

Eve Melbourne
26th Feb 2019, 21:48
Hey Tina Maria do you way to add each other on wassaap I don't know how to msg you privately. So excited ! I'll be training with you in ground school 😊

Eve Melbourne
26th Feb 2019, 21:53
Hey, I just received a call for ground school in 2 weeks. Unfortunately had to decline as I have to give my current employee 4 weeks. Are ground schools quite regular? thankx for the info.
hey hun I heard once you turn down a ground school it takes them ages for the next one as you are in a pool now on a waiting list. Hopefully your process won't take as long as I've heard other people do when you turn them down .

Eve Melbourne
26th Feb 2019, 21:55
Thank you Chibi .. wish you all the best of luck 😘♥️
Hey chibi I seen you are in 7th of March ground school I'm trying to get a wassap group chat I'm in your class but melb based private message me your number if you like so I can add you so excited!! One week to go 😊

Eve Melbourne
26th Feb 2019, 21:58
Hey , awesome so excited to meet Perth based girls. AD Lol um November......
no not sure how many Soz hun
Bring on Sydney ✈️🌍
Have you received flight, accommodation etc details yet ? Xo
hey hun are you in 7th March ground school? I'm Syd I'm trying to get a group chat together for our class only one week to go!!! So excited!! Private message me if you like so I can add you yay ! Look forward to training in ground school 😊

Chibi88
27th Feb 2019, 01:59
Hey ,
i start on the 7th definitely close , can’t wait bring on Sydney ��

Hey Tina! Oh yes! I was there but in the morning session, hehe.. Can't wait! I haven't received the flight and accomodation details. Have you? Xx

Chibi88
27th Feb 2019, 02:05
Hey chibi I seen you are in 7th of March ground school I'm trying to get a wassap group chat I'm in your class but melb based private message me your number if you like so I can add you so excited!! One week to go 😊
Hi Eve! Congratulations for the golden call! I've sent you a PM 😊

Tinamariexo
27th Feb 2019, 06:22
Hey Chibi , I was their morning as well, look forward to seeing u , we will get an email by the beginning of March, I spoke to them already. Have u packed yet . ��✈️X

Chibi88
27th Feb 2019, 06:40
Hey Chibi , I was their morning as well, look forward to seeing u , we will get an email by the beginning of March, I spoke to them already. Have u packed yet . ��✈️X
Hi Tina!
Oh wow.. Can't wait to see you next week! 😊
That's cool, I just open my empty luggage thinking how to fit everything for 7weeks😅. Have you? Do we get 20Kg allowance ?

Tinamariexo
27th Feb 2019, 10:51
:)Chibi ! Hehe.... I went shopping today thinking exactly the same n I have soooo much sitting in my open suitcase
Not sure of they weight, anything over 20kg bonus :)xo

Chibi88
2nd Mar 2019, 00:43
Hey all!
I’m a MAM PER based F/A, I started in November. Just thought I’d let you guys know if you didn’t already that being a casual, we don’t get full rostered duty rosters. Every month we get about 3/4 duties allocated to us, if we’re lucky. The rest are AV spans which means you’re on call. In our ground school none of us knew this.. It’s okay if you don’t have kids or live far from the airport. I live over an hour away and always give myself 2 hours to get to the airport but when you’re on call - they give 2 hours notice
The AV spans are generally 4am - 4pm, 11am -11pm. and they can call us at 2am for a 4am start if that’s the start time of your AV span. So it’s a long day of being on call, we get paid 1hrs pay every 3hrs. In saying that though I have been called out almost every day I’ve been on call 😊
If you have any questions feel free to message me on facebook, my username is my fb name! good luck with your ground schools. Sydney is the best for EPs 😁

Hi Madi! Thank you for this info! I really appreciate this. Are all exams in writing or will there be some multiple choice? Haha.. Kinda nervous about exams. Xx thank you

Chibi88
2nd Mar 2019, 00:50
:)Chibi ! Hehe.... I went shopping today thinking exactly the same n I have soooo much sitting in my open suitcase
Not sure of they weight, anything over 20kg bonus :)xo
Hey Tina, all packed? 😆 My flight is In the morning, are you gonna be on the same flight? If you are, see you there! Xx

Madi_burr
2nd Mar 2019, 06:52
Hi Madi! Thank you for this info! I really appreciate this. Are all exams in writing or will there be some multiple choice? Haha.. Kinda nervous about exams. Xx thank you

The exams are so easy if you study! from memory there was about 2/3 written and the rest were all multiple choice on the computers for EPs and iPads during service training 😊
You have to get 80% to pass otherwise you have to come back and resit, if you fail that you get a letter sent to MAM, I think you can fail 3 times and then they pretty much ask you to leave. They give you a fair shot though because it costs them lots of money to send us through training

flyhighmnl
4th Mar 2019, 21:48
Good Day!

I received an email for an assessment day and there are documents to bring on that day. Can anyone help me on the list of the documents from category A-D? There was no file attached to the email. Or where can I email them to ask for the list? Thank you.

Chibi88
5th Mar 2019, 10:26
Good Day!

I received an email for an assessment day and there are documents to bring on that day. Can anyone help me on the list of the documents from category A-D? There was no file attached to the email. Or where can I email them to ask for the list? Thank you.
Hi, can you see the photo attached?
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1080x1920/screenshot_20190305_192338_word_a8d866a71acfc660a1520b3e7761 26639f886a2b.jpg

Eve Melbourne
5th Mar 2019, 21:40
Woo hoo!!! The day has come so excited to meet you all Perth class what a process it has been to get here to everyone just starting the process be patient and positive it's a hard process they put you though everything but so so worth it!!! Can't wait for ground school see you in Sydney today 7th March class 😍🙌✈

Oblique2018
13th Mar 2019, 02:23
After a very long 3.5 months with all the hurdles. . Golden Call. April training date . Hang in there everyone. Every day , Step by Step, . “Your speed doesn’t matter. Forward is forward.”

flylove
13th Mar 2019, 22:01
After a very long 3.5 months with all the hurdles. . Golden Call. April training date . Hang in there everyone. Every day , Step by Step, . “Your speed doesn’t matter. Forward is forward.”
Hi Oblique2018.
Congratulations!
After almost 5 months I finally received my golden call a couple of days ago.
Yes hang in there everyone who is going through the process. Some may take longer than others for lots of various reasons.
Hang in there and remain positive :)

leilajas
18th Mar 2019, 22:48
Any news about Sydney? I have heard nothing.

katoppy
19th Mar 2019, 22:02
hey guys!! I finally received my golden call yesterday after 7 months!!! Soooo excited. Is anyone else here attending the GS in Sydney on April 5th? I’d love to make a chat or something to meet you all before we fly out!! If you are, feel free to add my Facebook - Kat Oppy. Can’t wait, see you in Sydney ✈️✈️

flylove
19th Mar 2019, 22:32
Any news about Sydney? I have heard nothing.
Are you referring to the upcoming Sydney Ground School, or your Sydney based application?

Eve Melbourne
19th Mar 2019, 23:33
Hey Guy's for everyone going to Sydney in April I'm currently in Sydney right now for ground school we are in our 2nd week of EPs I'm giving you guys the heads up it's hard!!!! Very intense you have exam every 2nd day your practical you are watched on everything you do there are so many things to remember commands drills I highly recommend you start reading the manual when you get access to it we have the most amazing trainers who really make sure you understand everything you need to dedicate every waking moment to studying I haven't left the area where I am because I just constantly study study study any time you have off because you don't have much time to remember everything. I guess I'll be seeing you guys when you come to Sydney as we all stay in the same hotel I suggest you start preparing yourself mentally and physically emotionally because it does take a toll on your body the stress the pressure lack of sleep and the written exams are tough. but If you are passionate enough and have the drive you can push yourself to the max believe in yourself and know you can do this all the best guys see you in Sydney 😊😊😊

Oblique2018
20th Mar 2019, 00:10
Hi Kat and Flylove.
Yes I am in the April GS. Which base are you two going to be at? I’m ADL . Congrats and see you soon.

Eve,
thanks so much for the insight. Good luck with the rest of it. . Exciting stuff

leilajas
20th Mar 2019, 03:55
Are you referring to the upcoming Sydney Ground School, or your Sydney based application?
Yes, they advertised for Sydney, but I don’t know if anyone has heard anything?

Eve Melbourne
20th Mar 2019, 04:25
Yes, they advertised for Sydney, but I don’t know if anyone has heard anything?
I'm referring to the next ground school in April there is a Melbourne based class coming 4th of April and another state 5th of April I'm not to sure what state that is. I'm currently in ground school now in my 2nd week of EPs and it's very tough so just prepare because it is intence who ever is coming to Sydney ground school 5th or 4th see you then 😊

flylove
23rd Mar 2019, 22:33
I'm referring to the next ground school in April there is a Melbourne based class coming 4th of April and another state 5th of April I'm not to sure what state that is. I'm currently in ground school now in my 2nd week of EPs and it's very tough so just prepare because it is intence who ever is coming to Sydney ground school 5th or 4th see you then 😊

Thanks Eve Melbourne for the heads up - much appreciated!
I fly to Sydney 4th April, and my training starts on the 5th.
I am MEL based.
Can't wait to start and meet everyone!! 🤗😀

Wingwing
16th Apr 2019, 07:00
Is anyone on here who attended MEL AD on 12/3/19?

flygirl26
2nd May 2019, 15:32
Hi,

I attended that assessment day. How did you go?

flygirl26
2nd May 2019, 15:47
Is anyone here heading to Sydney for GS on May 12th? Would love to chat and get familiar with my new "family".

Would also love to hear from anyone who's completed or in the process of GS a little on what to expect. Although I've been though GS before with a different airline I'm still super nervous!

Wingwing
3rd May 2019, 08:34
Is anyone here heading to Sydney for GS on May 12th? Would love to chat and get familiar with my new "family".

Would also love to hear from anyone who's completed or in the process of GS a little on what to expect. Although I've been though GS before with a different airline I'm still super nervous!

Hi Giulia

Ive tried to message you however it says you need to delete some messages to receive new ones.

We are going to same GS on 13/5

Hope to hear from you soon

flygirl26
3rd May 2019, 09:53
Hi,

I can't seem to quite work out how to use the private messages! I have sent you a private message with my Facebook name, we can chat there if it's easier.

Chat soon! x

========================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Windowseat1
6th May 2019, 02:10
Hi Giulia

Ive tried to message you however it says you need to delete some messages to receive new ones.

We are going to same GS on 13/5

Hope to hear from you soon

Hey I’m attending too. Can’t wait to meet everyone. X

givemewings
9th May 2019, 03:44
you need to dedicate every waking moment to studying I haven't left the area where I am because I just constantly study study study any time you have off

as someone who has done QF EPs as well as EK and several others, I STRONGLY advise you to have some "down time" or you will find it very hard to get through the course. You can't function on it study. Even if it's only 30 mins to watch a silly show on tv or 15 mins walk around the block, do something to give your mind a break. I've seen people try the "study only" mode and it's trouble.

PS I did 98% or higher on every exam ever using this method so it does work.

good luck trainees!

islandwings
20th May 2019, 05:25
Hi there, I've applied for CC in Brisbane directly with Qantas International and it's in progress. Is this where you all applied of did you apply through a subsidiary? I see and read MAM. Is this a different company? Can you please shed some light on the avenues you apply for Qantas. Also how do you contact MAM or any other agents. Hope this makes sense. Congrats to those who have made it to GS. Cheers :)

Bella18
23rd Jul 2019, 02:34
Hi
just wondering if anyone reading the forum attended the AD last Tuesday in Melbourne? Any progression?

exmax
29th Jul 2019, 08:37
Hi
just wondering if anyone reading the forum attended the AD last Tuesday in Melbourne? Any progression?

Hi,

I attended the morning session, I submitted my documents last week for the ASIC so I’m just waiting. How about you?

Bella18
29th Jul 2019, 10:51
Hi exmax
I also attended the morning session and have submitted my documents and am waiting for ID security clearance. 😊

exmax
4th Aug 2019, 07:10
It looks like it’s gone a bit quiet and people are at the same stage with background checks.

Update - I got the Final Qantas Security clearance status ✅

Bella18
6th Aug 2019, 02:15
Update - I got the final Qantas security clearance too !!! ✅. Next step is Medical....... I think 😊😊

Bella18
11th Aug 2019, 12:03
Hey exmax
I have my medical Tuesday. Any update on your application? 😊

Bella18
20th Aug 2019, 08:15
Hi ex max
i got my golden call today !! 👏🏻👏🏻 Very excited. Starting training school 13th September.
Have you heard anything? 🙏🏻😊✈️ Or is anyone else on this forum going to training school on 13/9 also ?

exmax
22nd Aug 2019, 08:49
HI Bella,

Congratulations, thats great news. I'm on hold due to personal reasons. Hopefully there'll be another ground school available in the near future.

Bella18
23rd Aug 2019, 12:22
Hi ex max
hang tight there will definitely be another ground school soon. Hope all is ok for you
look forward to flying together one day soon 😊✈️

Bella18
5th Sep 2019, 12:05
Hi is anyone who is Melbourne based starting training school next Friday 13th ? 😊

hlmelbs
17th Feb 2020, 05:32
Hi guys

I know that no one posted anything here lately but is anyone waiting for ground school?

ajfraser1
17th Feb 2020, 09:17
Hi guys

I know that no one posted anything here lately but is anyone waiting for ground school?

hi yes I am 🙂

Alohaangel88
17th Feb 2020, 09:43
yes I am waiting for mel base training, no clue from them when we will hav ground school

Hi guys

Franny
23rd Feb 2020, 03:21
same here . On hold waiting for ground school