PDA

View Full Version : MAM QF Casuals

Pages : [1] 2 3

Princess Noddy
30th May 2018, 23:27
Aoplied almost three weeks ago, the day after applications opened & haven’t heard anything since the initial acknowledgment. Has anyone heard anything? I’m applying for ADL.

Kadara
1st Jun 2018, 09:37
I just received the link for psychometric testing today.

Kadara
2nd Jun 2018, 00:28
Oh I got this email today too I think! Have you done it?

Yes, I completed it just after I received it.

Louise Kelly
2nd Jun 2018, 10:53
Hi I'd like to apply for PER base but cannot get the recruitment form to work. It won't let me 'send' as the drop-down menu for 'How did you hear about us' is not functioning - how do you get round that to lodge an application?

theskyismyhome
2nd Jun 2018, 13:30
Hi I'd like to apply for PER base but cannot get the recruitment form to work. It won't let me 'send' as the drop-down menu for 'How did you hear about us' is not functioning - how do you get round that to lodge an application?

Hi, oh no! Try visiting the recruitment tab (sorry won’t let me link it) and click on the apply online button at the bottom! Well that’s how I applied for the job anyways! Good luck :)

theskyismyhome
3rd Jun 2018, 06:35
Yes, I completed it just after I received it.

I just completed the questionnaire as well! Let me know if you hear anything :)

LozC
4th Jun 2018, 10:28

Hi Louise Kelly, I’m having the same issue! Did you end up getting it sorted? I’ve tried on different devices and it does the same thing.

Does anyone else know what I can do to get my application in?

Thanks

givemewings
4th Jun 2018, 17:42
Is this still for Contract C?

Kadara
4th Jun 2018, 20:40

I’ve heard this recruitment drive is most likely for the category B contract.

crewflyer
5th Jun 2018, 04:23
Hi givemewings,

The new recruits will be on contract D which is 14-19 days availability. However Qantas/MAM will have final say on how many days you are given when roster are published, you can work more than 19days.

givemewings
5th Jun 2018, 06:12
Thanks for that. And everything else is as per C? No choice in which days like A had? Pay guaranteed min hours like C? Curious bc I used to fly on C and considering applying

Princess Noddy
5th Jun 2018, 11:02
I was looking for an email in Junk & luckily found the isometric test email....let's hope we all get interviews... Keep posting!

Princess Noddy
5th Jun 2018, 11:06
Originally, it was going to be B contract which allows more flexibility from FA perspective but now D. I'm not sure about the minimum hours pay. May be difficult to plan around another job if you need to supplement income.

givemewings
5th Jun 2018, 12:18
Yeah C wasnt veey flexible at the time (20 days) plus option to pick up 1-5 more if you wanted to. So other jobs were hard. Sounds like this might be a combo of B/C regarding days etc. C was pay guaranteed 80hr per month roster whether that was flights, AV spans or airport.

Princess Noddy
5th Jun 2018, 21:39
Hi..can I just check with you, when I opened the online test it launched straight into questions, no instructions or practice questions, which took me by surprise. Was it the same for you? I’m hoping I didn’t click too many neutrals..I haven’t heard anything back yet. Fingers crossed for all of us.

crewflyer
5th Jun 2018, 22:06
B contact is 3 days guaranteed per roster period (28days) and you can request for more AV Spans ( reserve days) its again up to QF/MAM how many days they allocate you. No longer offering

C contact is 19 days guaranteed per roster period (28days) and you can request for more AV Spans (reserve days)its again up to QF/MAM how many days they allocate you. No longer offering

All new employees to MAM will be on D contract. When I was MAM I bid for 19 days and got about 15-19 days. Your on reserve 90% of the roster and have about 1-2 trips pre allocated.

theskyismyhome
5th Jun 2018, 22:21
Hi..can I just check with you, when I opened the online test it launched straight into questions, no instructions or practice questions, which took me by surprise. Was it the same for you? I’m hoping I didn’t click too many neutrals..I haven’t heard anything back yet. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Yes haha that happened to me too! You should be all good! Fingers crossed we hear something!

JRF2
6th Jun 2018, 03:40
Hi all :)

I have also completed the psychometric testing and waiting to hear back! I have a few questions for anyone who may be able to help.

I have only ever flown on a full time contract, this is the first time I have applied for casual and so just trying to see what I am getting myself in to haha.

I note that above it is mentioned that all new MAM employees will be on a D contract, is anyone able to explain what this is? Also, when you say 19 days guaranteed, is this 19 days guaranteed either on SBY or flying? And if it is mostly SBY then what is the likely hood of being called in?

Thank you :)

nw787
6th Jun 2018, 04:22
I applied 8 days ago and haven't received anything yet from MAM. Is this normal?

givemewings
6th Jun 2018, 14:44
Thanks for he info. Same issue as previous posters- page error when using the regular apply button, and when going through the Apply-LinkedIn button it brings up nothing in the drop down which is a mandatory field.

No contact info on Workday or MAM sites to let them know this is happen. Tried on several devices/browsers too

cc2018
7th Jun 2018, 06:50
Thanks for he info. Same issue as previous posters- page error when using the regular apply button, and when going through the Apply-LinkedIn button it brings up nothing in the drop down which is a mandatory field.

No contact info on Workday or MAM sites to let them know this is happen. Tried on several devices/browsers too

I have emailed the operations email in hopes to receive a reply as I am getting the same error :(

cc2018
8th Jun 2018, 09:53
I finally got in but same as above can't get past the "how did you hear about us" section
:( I just want to apply

Kadara
8th Jun 2018, 10:25
B contact is 3 days guaranteed per roster period (28days) and you can request for more AV Spans ( reserve days) its again up to QF/MAM how many days they allocate you. No longer offering

C contact is 19 days guaranteed per roster period (28days) and you can request for more AV Spans (reserve days)its again up to QF/MAM how many days they allocate you. No longer offering

All new employees to MAM will be on D contract. When I was MAM I bid for 19 days and got about 15-19 days. Your on reserve 90% of the roster and have about 1-2 trips pre allocated.

Thanks for the information crewflyer!

Has anyone else received assessment day invitations today? I haven't confirmed a session yet (so the information may be on the next page), but I'm struggling to find a location for the assessment day. I'm assuming it's in SYD?

Princess Noddy
8th Jun 2018, 10:45
Hi JRF2

Treat the info below as third hand, I can’t vouch for the accuracy.
A friend told me the roster for D’s will most likely be 12 hour AV Reserve spans...
For every three hours on reserve, FA’s are paid for one hour.
Comany pre-allocates 14-19 days of ‘duty’ (could be all AV) at company discretion.
It is possible to be called out at the end of a 12 hour reserve & be gone for three days - after waiting around all day - so planning a personal life could be tricky.
Friend is unaware of a minimum number of hours pay per month (unlike C contract that has a minimum of 80 hours pay per month). Worth checking this as D contract talks in days, not hours.
FA can request three consecutive days off prior to the rostering cut off date.
Can also request less than 19 days duty, this will be at company discretion.
Going sick upline, it seems pay stops..
Roster is rolling 14 days.
Training wage is the national minimum pay.
Hourly pay around $35 per hour
Overtime $15 per hour
DTA $6 per hour
Drafting is permitted.
Casuals can be contacted on days off to be advised of a duty for their next rostered day.
That’s about all he can think of. Hope that helps. X

Princess Noddy
8th Jun 2018, 10:51
And nooo, I haven’t received an invite to assessment day in ADL...
any one else?

theskyismyhome
8th Jun 2018, 11:03
And nooo, I haven’t received an invite to assessment day in ADL...
any one else?

No I haven't received an invite to the assessment day either! :( Oh fingers crossed for both of us!

givemewings
8th Jun 2018, 11:09
So basically, the pay is the same as what C got 8-10 years ago. Yikes. OT at that time kicked in over 100 hours I think? And max 120? Or it was possibly OT after 120 and max 140, I can't recall.

C didn't have any sick leave or annual leave either (except one calendar month per year to be taken all at once, unpaid) I don't think we got paid sick upline either, just accommodation. I got sick for a good chunk of time out of my base and I basically lived off a loaf of bread and hot chicken from the Coles down the street as at the time I had no money (only cash at home) and payday was ages away... lol... so that's no surprise it's not paid now either. They did organise all the usual stuff like dr, transport to/from dr etc etc

I wonder if the training is still all in SYD/MEL or if they are doing classroom in PER and sending over for EPs... I had heard that was how it was going to be done shortly before I left, but no idea if that is how it's done now. There is the facility in Perth as there is a 737 cabin sim down in Jandakot, but it's not QF spec as far as I know

nw787
8th Jun 2018, 11:52
I just received an invite for MEL assessment day on 15th June. Will anybody else be there? Would be great to know someone there :))

Princess Noddy
8th Jun 2018, 12:39
D contract unpaid annual leave can be split into 2 x 2 week blocks, first two or last two weeks of a roster..& Australia’s minimum wage that applies for training is around $18 per hour..eek!

Kadara
8th Jun 2018, 12:52
Would anyone happed to know the average monthly pay on the D contract?

Also, what opportunity is there for a base transfer to BNE from MEL/PER/ADL.

givemewings
9th Jun 2018, 01:47
Training pay sounds a bit disappointing... when I trained it was the same hourly as normal ($35) for whenever you were in the classroom, plus DTA as we were out of Base. Basically 7 weeks of DTA 24/7 :ok: my pay packets were never so good, lol.

I mean I get why they are doing it (cost must have been huuuuuge) bit if you train in Base the wage should be the same. If you're out of Base I think a lower rate is fair bc they'd be paying for accommodation etc.

Anyway the point is moot as the application still doesn't work *shrug*

givemewings
9th Jun 2018, 01:51
Kadara, when I was there Base transfer wasn't an option for casuals. Only if they applied for FT and got it, then served the waiting period.

as for reserve, it wasn't so bad. You just had to be contactable. You weren't tied to home lime you are with some airline's.

The best part was the 2 hour min call out. Hopefully it still applies. Because if you were prepared, you could sit reserve at the beach during summer:cool:

cc2018
9th Jun 2018, 04:09
Training pay sounds a bit disappointing... when I trained it was the same hourly as normal ($35) for whenever you were in the classroom, plus DTA as we were out of Base. Basically 7 weeks of DTA 24/7 :ok: my pay packets were never so good, lol.

I mean I get why they are doing it (cost must have been huuuuuge) bit if you train in Base the wage should be the same. If you're out of Base I think a lower rate is fair bc they'd be paying for accommodation etc.

Anyway the point is moot as the application still doesn't work *shrug*

I am actually getting so frustrated I can't make the application work... I might call them Tuesday because they may not even be aware there is an issue. Seems like its a few people from Perth so hopefully they can fix it and we can apply :) ill let you know if I have any luck!

Princess Noddy
9th Jun 2018, 08:40
Kadara, when I was there Base transfer wasn't an option for casuals. Only if they applied for FT and got it, then served the waiting period.

as for reserve, it wasn't so bad. You just had to be contactable. You weren't tied to home lime you are with some airline's.

The best part was the 2 hour min call out. Hopefully it still applies. Because if you were prepared, you could sit reserve at the beach during summer:cool:

I believe the call out is now: you must be available immediately with a maximum call out of two hours.

7A7
9th Jun 2018, 14:49
Did anyone noticed in the invitation email they stated 'research Network Aviation'?
Does this means the casual positions is for the Fokker 100 and A320 for QantasLink?

I thought MAM employs casuals for Qantas's domestic arm not QantasLink network...

givemewings
10th Jun 2018, 02:21
I don't know, Network has a separate job listing via the QF site.

I mean it's possible, MAM contracts for a lot of places, but it seems counter productive to go through a labour hire company just to crew for your subsidiary instead of yourself. That's adding extra layers of administration that aren't needed because QF have done it themselves in the past

Princess Noddy
10th Jun 2018, 07:20
Did anyone noticed in the invitation email they stated 'research Network Aviation'?
Does this means the casual positions is for the Fokker 100 and A320 for QantasLink?

I thought MAM employs casuals for Qantas's domestic arm not QantasLink network...

Which location are you applying for?

7A7
10th Jun 2018, 13:55
Which location are you applying for?

I applied for MEL

JRF2
10th Jun 2018, 22:43
Hi JRF2

Treat the info below as third hand, I can’t vouch for the accuracy.
A friend told me the roster for D’s will most likely be 12 hour AV Reserve spans...
For every three hours on reserve, FA’s are paid for one hour.
Comany pre-allocates 14-19 days of ‘duty’ (could be all AV) at company discretion.
It is possible to be called out at the end of a 12 hour reserve & be gone for three days - after waiting around all day - so planning a personal life could be tricky.
Friend is unaware of a minimum number of hours pay per month (unlike C contract that has a minimum of 80 hours pay per month). Worth checking this as D contract talks in days, not hours.
FA can request three consecutive days off prior to the rostering cut off date.
Can also request less than 19 days duty, this will be at company discretion.
Going sick upline, it seems pay stops..
Roster is rolling 14 days.
Training wage is the national minimum pay.
Hourly pay around $35 per hour
Overtime $15 per hour
DTA $6 per hour
Drafting is permitted.
Casuals can be contacted on days off to be advised of a duty for their next rostered day.
That’s about all he can think of. Hope that helps. X

Thank you so much for all that info! it is a great help :)

JRF2
10th Jun 2018, 22:43
I just received an invite for MEL assessment day on 15th June. Will anybody else be there? Would be great to know someone there :))

I will be there :) I booked the 1pm session.

Princess Noddy
11th Jun 2018, 01:05
That’s odd...I saw National Aviation for PER

theskyismyhome
11th Jun 2018, 10:50
Thanks for the information crewflyer!

Has anyone else received assessment day invitations today? I haven't confirmed a session yet (so the information may be on the next page), but I'm struggling to find a location for the assessment day. I'm assuming it's in SYD?

Hi what base did you apply for? I haven't received an assessment day invitation yet :/

nw787
11th Jun 2018, 11:51
I will be there :) I booked the 1pm session.

I booked in the 0900 session. :) A shame we aren't in each others session!

cc2018
12th Jun 2018, 02:52
I spoke to them today (everyone who can't access!) and they said it was because it had closed about two weeks ago...

they may readvertise soon so if I see anything ill let you guys know :)

Madi_burr
12th Jun 2018, 03:01
Has anyone heard back for Perth assessment day after the psych test?

givemewings
12th Jun 2018, 11:21
Well thats a bit silly, it shouldn't let you get in at all if it's ot active. I preferred the old site where you could still lodge an EOI and be notified when they started actively recruiting again

Princess Noddy
12th Jun 2018, 12:23
Has anyone been invited to ADL interviews? I haven't heard anything.

cc2018
13th Jun 2018, 04:40
Well thats a bit silly, it shouldn't let you get in at all if it's ot active. I preferred the old site where you could still lodge an EOI and be notified when they started actively recruiting again

i know I was so disappointed. Hopefully they readvertise after these assessment days. They said to keep checking the website but I’m not sure how as if it’s always advertised and looks open I don’t know how we are supposed to know if it’s open or closed. Sounds like a better deal doing an EOI then letting us know when recruitments open. They were super lovely and helpful though!

givemewings
13th Jun 2018, 14:40
They were super lovely and helpful though!

yes that was my experience with the office staff, always helpful I never had any issue with them at all.

Princess Noddy
15th Jun 2018, 14:13
Did you call MAM?

givemewings
15th Jun 2018, 14:36
They've updated the website, so the recruitment part isn't active. I suppose they will add it again when they're looking.

Maybe they read here 😄

danlloyd1
15th Jun 2018, 23:14
I applied for the MAM Adelaide-based Domestic Short Haul position and have been invited to an attendance day next Thursday (21st / June) after having submitted the initial application and a follow-up questionnaire they sent out.

danlloyd1
16th Jun 2018, 01:37
Has anyone been invited to ADL interviews? I haven't heard anything.

I received my invitation yesterday!

cc2018
16th Jun 2018, 03:09
Did you call MAM?

i did yes :)

theskyismyhome
16th Jun 2018, 04:01
I received my invitation yesterday!

Me too! What time session did you pick?

JAM13
16th Jun 2018, 05:59
Hi All,

Best of luck for the upcoming Assessment Days.
Have I missed a detail somewhere, but is there a size specification for the full length photo we are to provide.
Thanks!

danlloyd1
16th Jun 2018, 06:39
Me too! What time session did you pick?

I chose the 9am-12pm session.

theskyismyhome
16th Jun 2018, 12:24
I chose the 9am-12pm session.

Oh me too! Looking forward to meeting you! :)

happyflight
17th Jun 2018, 00:42
Anyone still waiting for MEL assessment day?
I know there was an assessment day on the 15th of Jun.
I completed questionnaire email a few weeks ago and I haven't hear anything after that..
Does it mean that I failed?....

cc2018
17th Jun 2018, 01:39
They've updated the website, so the recruitment part isn't active. I suppose they will add it again when they're looking.

Maybe they read here 😄

hahha maybe! That’s great! I’ll keep checking to see if they advertise again. Which base were you looking at applying for?

sachcho
18th Jun 2018, 05:08
Has anyone heard back for Perth assessment day after the psych test?
Hii Everyone!!!!
Good luck with AD and enjoy , the process is sooo much fun..
Can someone please telll me how different Network Aviation and MAM casual are for Perth base ??? its very confusing as to how each other operates under the same banner but two very different advertisements and so on !!!
And is there a basic salary ? And hourly pay and overtime is on top of that or ..the wage is made only of the hourl pay.. someone who knows please explain !!!!!
Thanx heaps...

Princess Noddy
19th Jun 2018, 08:54
Anyone still waiting for MEL assessment day?
I know there was an assessment day on the 15th of Jun.
I completed questionnaire email a few weeks ago and I haven't hear anything after that..
Does it mean that I failed?....

i comoleted my online test for Adl on 5th June & there is an assessment day here tomorrow but I haven’t heard anything either...no rejection, no invitation.

cc2018
19th Jun 2018, 23:42
Hii Everyone!!!!
Good luck with AD and enjoy , the process is sooo much fun..
Can someone please telll me how different Network Aviation and MAM casual are for Perth base ??? its very confusing as to how each other operates under the same banner but two very different advertisements and so on !!!
And is there a basic salary ? And hourly pay and overtime is on top of that or ..the wage is made only of the hourl pay.. someone who knows please explain !!!!!
Thanx heaps...

i think I was speaking to you in the Qantas forum but the job closed about a week ago and I still haven’t heard anything about a video interview. Just waiting waiting! Was the video interview hard?

nw787
20th Jun 2018, 06:34
Has anybody that attended the MEL assessment day on the 15th heard anything yet?

sachcho
20th Jun 2018, 11:31
i think I was speaking to you in the Qantas forum but the job closed about a week ago and I still haven’t heard anything about a video interview. Just waiting waiting! Was the video interview hard?

Hiii ... they gv u questions and then they gv u about 30 secs to prepapre your answer and then automautomatically it will start recording ... not hard but answers need to be of a very customer oriented and teamplayer self... not hard at all..

sorry i missed yo question ..

cc2018
20th Jun 2018, 12:06
Hiii ... they gv u questions and then they gv u about 30 secs to prepapre your answer and then automautomatically it will start recording ... not hard but answers need to be of a very customer oriented and teamplayer self... not hard at all..

sorry i missed yo question ..

thats okay! Thanks so much. Were you then invited to an assessment day? I applied almost 3 weeks ago. Hopefully I get some news soon :)

nw787
21st Jun 2018, 12:19
I attented MEL assessment last Friday and today recieved instructions to undertake a security check in order to obtain my ASIC. Has anybody else heard any good news?

SBB
21st Jun 2018, 21:03
I attented MEL assessment last Friday and today recieved instructions to undertake a security check in order to obtain my ASIC. Has anybody else heard any good news?
I was at the assessment day in Mel last Friday too and have not received any response yet. Did you get an email back from them stating to undertake security check? Did they say anything else?

JRF2
21st Jun 2018, 21:38

nw787 that's amazing news!
I also attended this assessment day, I received an email on Tuesday that my references were being checked but I haven't heard anything more yet. Fingers crossed :)
Do you know when your references were done?

nw787
22nd Jun 2018, 06:00
I was at the assessment day in Mel last Friday too and have not received any response yet. Did you get an email back from them stating to undertake security check? Did they say anything else?

Hi SBB, The email i received requested that i send in my 3 verified ID forms, passport photo for the asic and 10 yrs of address history. It was an email from QF recruitment and they also provided me with my QF staff number. Happy days! I hope your email comes soon!!!

nw787
22nd Jun 2018, 06:25
nw787 that's amazing news!
I also attended this assessment day, I received an email on Tuesday that my references were being checked but I haven't heard anything more yet. Fingers crossed :)
Do you know when your references were done?

I haven't received any correspondance with regards to my references yet... did your email have any reference to MAM or QF? Mine came from Qantas HR services and didn't say anything about MAM. I ask because I applied for QF international last year and have been on active hold for over a year. Congrats on getting to the reference stage!!

JRF2
22nd Jun 2018, 06:51
Hi SBB, The email i received requested that i send in my 3 verified ID forms, passport photo for the asic and 10 yrs of address history. It was an email from QF recruitment and they also provided me with my QF staff number. Happy days! I hope your email comes soon!!!

Thats so exciting nw787! Do you know when they checked your references?

nw787
22nd Jun 2018, 08:33
Oh I see! No mine was from Xref and just said it was on behalf of Qantas. But I have only applied for MAM so that’s who I assume it would be 😁 that’s so exciting for you!!

Keep us all updated with how your reference checks and subsequent checks go! Good luck to everybody else that attended! 😁

LauraG87
25th Jun 2018, 05:36
Hi all!
So i attended the MAM Qantas casual cabin crew assesment day on the 14th June 2018. I still havent heard anything frkm them. Does anyone know if they email you either way? Succesful or not?

danlloyd1
25th Jun 2018, 06:01
Hey everyone! I attended the assessment day in ADL (Thurs 21st July at 9am) and I heard back today (Monday 25th July at 3:15pm) via email that they'd like my references submitted as soon as possible. Guess I'm through to the next stage!

theskyismyhome
25th Jun 2018, 06:37
Keep us all updated with how your reference checks and subsequent checks go! Good luck to everybody else that attended! 😁

Hi, I attended the assessment day in ADL on the 21st June and I received an email today on behalf of Qantas in regards to my reference checks!

JRF2
25th Jun 2018, 06:40
Hi, I attended the assessment day in ADL on the 21st June and I received an email today on behalf of Qantas in regards to my reference checks!

congrats theskyismyhome! Let us know how you go! Hopefully we hear more soon 😁

loulou30
25th Jun 2018, 11:34
Hi just wondering if anyone from the Perth open day on the 19th have heard anything? Thanks

nw787
26th Jun 2018, 06:25
Has anybody else submitted their background checks to obtain an asic? I received my referee email today but received my asic application email about 5 days ago. Has anybody heard anything about ground school dates? I am going to MEL base btw :)

JRF2
28th Jun 2018, 00:57
Has anybody else submitted their background checks to obtain an asic? I received my referee email today but received my asic application email about 5 days ago. Has anybody heard anything about ground school dates? I am going to MEL base btw :)

I submitted mine last night :) I haven't heard anything about ground school dates, but also keen to know. I will also be going to MEL base :)

LauraG87
28th Jun 2018, 01:01
Got my email for reference checks!! Gah!! Was stressing out for a little while haha

Sindh
28th Jun 2018, 01:03
Hi , i have received a email to do my background check, however when i click on the link it asks me to enter my DOB and last name , inspit of my information being right im getting an error saying information provided don’t match . Can any one please help me with a contact number to contact them .
Thank you .

nw787
28th Jun 2018, 02:29
I submitted mine last night :) I haven't heard anything about ground school dates, but also keen to know. I will also be going to MEL base :)

Awesome! I will send you a private message okay so check your inbox :)

Jecht
28th Jun 2018, 03:04
Has anyone had success contacting that talentaquistion email address they provided us? I emailed them after my interview as they requested, so we could organise an appointment to get one of my IDs properly certified. It's been over 2 weeks now, and no response from them at all.

Madi_burr
28th Jun 2018, 23:26
Has anyone had success contacting that talentaquistion email address they provided us? I emailed them after my interview as they requested, so we could organise an appointment to get one of my IDs properly certified. It's been over 2 weeks now, and no response from them at all.

Im having the exact same problem!!! PLEASE let me know if you get in contact with someone. I need my documents verified as well but there's no contacts on the application? :-(

LauraG87
28th Jun 2018, 23:46
I’m so. confused! What documents need to be verified? On assessment day they checked our birth certificate, ids and Medicare etc. they were all signed by the assesors. And what is 10 years address history? Is that like a bank statement or bill?

Jecht
28th Jun 2018, 23:57
Im having the exact same problem!!! PLEASE let me know if you get in contact with someone. I need my documents verified as well but there's no contacts on the application? :-(

I guess we keep waiting until we get told that we've been successful candidates.

LauraG87
29th Jun 2018, 00:44
Can someone please clarify for me as I’m getting so frustrated lol
so I attended the MAM cabin crew assessment day in Melbourne on the 14th June.
I received my xref emails, references have been checked. But I now have s problem with my verified documents!
So they were all signed on the day but never given back to me. In my email it has given me an employee number etc but I have no documents to upload :( it’s only asking for a photo and 10 years address history. Anyone else in the same boat?

nw787
29th Jun 2018, 20:29
Can someone please clarify for me as I’m getting so frustrated lol
so I attended the MAM cabin crew assessment day in Melbourne on the 14th June.
I received my xref emails, references have been checked. But I now have s problem with my verified documents!
So they were all signed on the day but never given back to me. In my email it has given me an employee number etc but I have no documents to upload :( it’s only asking for a photo and 10 years address history. Anyone else in the same boat?

Your best course of action would be to contact talent acquisition directly.

LauraG87
30th Jun 2018, 01:04
I have emailed them but still no reply. It feels very unorganised. Why keep our verified documents if we needed them to upload via the ID services website?

Madi_burr
30th Jun 2018, 07:51
The talent acquisition replied to my email Friday afternoon and she is putting me in contact with someone from Perth so hopefully will hear back on Monday about where to get my documents signed 😮

nw787
30th Jun 2018, 11:30
I have emailed them but still no reply. It feels very unorganised. Why keep our verified documents if we needed them to upload via the ID services website?

It is strange that they kept your documents. I received mine back straight away. Perhaps it was an admin error? Definitely try to call them on monday. Otherwise if you're in a position to get them verified at any large airport with actual qantas ground crew just go and ask to speak with a manager and get them to sign and then send those docs through on your application web page.

nw787
30th Jun 2018, 11:31
The talent acquisition replied to my email Friday afternoon and she is putting me in contact with someone from Perth so hopefully will hear back on Monday about where to get my documents signed 😮

Sounds good let us know how you go okay.

danlloyd1
2nd Jul 2018, 02:16
I received my email to get my ASIC check today!

TIMELINE:

May 24th: Applied for Adelaide-base
June 1st: Received email asking me to fill out the questionnaire
June 15th: Received email regarding assessment day
June 21st: Went to the assessment day
June 25th: Was contacted my XREF to obtain my references
July 2nd: Was contacted by QANTAS to obtain my ASIC

LauraG87
2nd Jul 2018, 02:24
It is strange that they kept your documents. I received mine back straight away. Perhaps it was an admin error? Definitely try to call them on monday. Otherwise if you're in a position to get them verified at any large airport with actual qantas ground crew just go and ask to speak with a manager and get them to sign and then send those docs through on your application web page.
I’m assuming the verified documents are the photocopies of our birth certificate, drivers license etc
They were 100% kept by assessors, along with a form we filled out, the one that had our height.

danlloyd1
2nd Jul 2018, 02:30
I’m assuming the verified documents are the photocopies of our birth certificate, drivers license etc
They were 100% kept by assessors, along with a form we filled out, the one that had our height.

It is strange that they kept yours. What they did for me was sight my original A, B, C, and D documents and then sign the photocopies of A, B, C, and D documents before giving them back to me. They said, "take these signed ones home and then we'll ask you to scan them in when you get to the ASIC check". The only documents they were supposed to keep was the documentation form, your CV, and your photo.

LauraG87
2nd Jul 2018, 02:49
It is strange that they kept yours. What they did for me was sight my original A, B, C, and D documents and then sign the photocopies of A, B, C, and D documents before giving them back to me. They said, "take these signed ones home and then we'll ask you to scan them in when you get to the ASIC check". The only documents they were supposed to keep was the documentation form, your CV, and your photo.
It’s very strange.
Ive emailed the talent acquisition but have heard nothing from them. I’ve looked everywhere for my documents thinking maybe they did give them back but I cannot find them anywhere. Unless I may have left them in the folder, along with my cv, photo and documentation form

Mariahlouise
2nd Jul 2018, 13:34
Have you heard anything yet? What day and session did you attend

Madi_burr
2nd Jul 2018, 13:50
Sounds good let us know how you go okay.

I have a meeting on Wednesday to get my documents signed :-)

aviationgal
3rd Jul 2018, 02:09
Hey guys! Where is everyone up to on the application process? Does anyone know if we’ve made it this far to obtain a ASIC we are pretty well in as long as we pass the medical/drug testing side of things?
Also, any one heard any rumours on the start date for the ground school as well? I’m ADL base.
Congrats to everyone that has made it this far!
Thanks in advance.

Jecht
3rd Jul 2018, 04:30
Has anyone been told theyve been successful or been rejected since the interview with MAM? Onto the 3rd week and just want some news now 🙃

LauraG87
3rd Jul 2018, 09:58
Has anyone been told theyve been successful or been rejected since the interview with MAM? Onto the 3rd week and just want some news now 🙃
I received my reference check email about 2 weeks ago and asic clearance about a week ago.
Maybe shoot them an email and touch base with them.

LauraG87
3rd Jul 2018, 09:59
who are you having a meeting with? I need some documents signed too.

LauraG87
3rd Jul 2018, 11:35
Have you heard anything yet? What day and session did you attend
I went to the MEL assessment day on the 14th June at 9am :) xref asked for my references and Qantas HR asked for my signed documents.

Brooke1998
3rd Jul 2018, 12:00

Hey! Who did you contact to get documents signed?? And how long did it take to hear back from them?!

aviationgal
3rd Jul 2018, 12:53
Hi , i have received a email to do my background check, however when i click on the link it asks me to enter my DOB and last name , inspit of my information being right im getting an error saying information provided don’t match . Can any one please help me with a contact number to contact them .
Thank you .
they may have got your details wrong which is why it’s not working. Did you get an email saying all the questions we have be sent to them. Just email them and clarify they have the right date of birth or spelling. :)

nw787
8th Jul 2018, 03:06
Has anybody heard anything new recently?

Jecht
8th Jul 2018, 03:26
All I've heard is they don't confirm youve got the role until after security and medical checks. So if you're feeling anxious not knowing how you went for your interview and reference checks, and it's been a few weeks since, Im assuming we were successful passing that stage. As I imagine they would have rejected candidates after a couple weeks. So get you security application sent and wait 😊

danlloyd1
8th Jul 2018, 14:04
I'm just waiting for my ASIC to clear!!

nw787
8th Jul 2018, 20:19
I'm just waiting on my last green tick for my ASIC application and I am hoping we find out more information soon with regards to medicals and possible GS dates :)

theskyismyhome
8th Jul 2018, 21:09
I'm just waiting on my last green tick for my ASIC application and I am hoping we find out more information soon with regards to medicals and possible GS dates :)

I’m waiting too for my ASIC to clear, had to re-do photo so hopefully that doesn’t push me too far back! How long ago did you submit your ASIC?

nw787
9th Jul 2018, 01:39
I’m waiting too for my ASIC to clear, had to re-do photo so hopefully that doesn’t push me too far back! How long ago did you submit your ASIC?

I had a similar issue which held me back. I submitted it originally about 3 weeks ago but was contacted last Monday and advised that there was an error with my name. Rectified it immediately and have now only got 1 green tick left to go. Hopefully when we all get the green ticks they start to move forward with the medicals and GS :)
I have read some horror stories in the QCCA thread about people waiting over a year... hopefully that doesn't happen to us.

theskyismyhome
10th Jul 2018, 05:27
I had a similar issue which held me back. I submitted it originally about 3 weeks ago but was contacted last Monday and advised that there was an error with my name. Rectified it immediately and have now only got 1 green tick left to go. Hopefully when we all get the green ticks they start to move forward with the medicals and GS :)
I have read some horror stories in the QCCA thread about people waiting over a year... hopefully that doesn't happen to us.

Ahhh right right! I still only have the initial first green tick, I’m praying I get some more ticks soon! I know I’ve been reading the same thread and I’m worried and nervous - hope we don’t get put on hold and have to wait a year! That must be so frustrating! Fingers crossed we hear some news soon!!!!!

LauraG87
12th Jul 2018, 00:03
Ahhh right right! I still only have the initial first green tick, I’m praying I get some more ticks soon! I know I’ve been reading the same thread and I’m worried and nervous - hope we don’t get put on hold and have to wait a year! That must be so frustrating! Fingers crossed we hear some news soon!!!!!
From what I can remember on Assessment day, the talent acquisition advised we’d be starting ASAP to help with the busy Christmas time. So yeah, hopefully it’s not all smoke and we actually start GS real soon!

Madi_burr
12th Jul 2018, 05:20
[QUOTE=Brooke1998;10187349]Hi Brooke, sorry for the late reply!
have you got it sorted yet?
I went to the cabin crew base office next to the airport and met with Gregory to sign my documents last wednesday.
Did you get an email from Qantas with a link to send all your application enquires?
x

theskyismyhome
14th Jul 2018, 23:19
From what I can remember on Assessment day, the talent acquisition advised we’d be starting ASAP to help with the busy Christmas time. So yeah, hopefully it’s not all smoke and we actually start GS real soon!

Hey is anyone else having trouble accessing the Qantas ID link? It keeps coming up as error for me!

LauraG87
14th Jul 2018, 23:57
Hey is anyone else having trouble accessing the Qantas ID link? It keeps coming up as error for me!
I was the other day. I tried logging in on my computer but it wouldn’t work, so I tried my phone and it worked. Weird.

theskyismyhome
15th Jul 2018, 06:45
I was the other day. I tried logging in on my computer but it wouldn’t work, so I tried my phone and it worked. Weird.

Ah I’ve just tried on both my laptop and phone and it’s still saying internal server error :/ anyone else the same?

LauraG87
15th Jul 2018, 06:52
Ah I’ve just tried on both my laptop and phone and it’s still saying internal server error :/ anyone else the same?

I think it may be the actual site itself as it’s doing it to me now :/

theskyismyhome
15th Jul 2018, 23:05
I think it may be the actual site itself as it’s doing it to me now :/

Its back up working now! Thank god haha I just wanted to check how my application was progressing!

LauraG87
15th Jul 2018, 23:26
Its back up working now! Thank god haha I just wanted to check how my application was progressing!
Ok! I just checked my ticks to see how they’re going...all green :)
What now??!! Anyone else have all their green ticks?

LauraG87
16th Jul 2018, 00:26
Just got my email from Bodycare to do my medical :) :) :)
Anyone else??
Exciting times ahead!

nw787
16th Jul 2018, 00:32
Anyone else??
Exciting times ahead!

That's great :)
I haven't received mine yet. Do they allow you to do your medical at any GP or is there a particular doctor that they send you to?

LauraG87
16th Jul 2018, 01:00
That's great :)
I haven't received mine yet. Do they allow you to do your medical at any GP or is there a particular doctor that they send you to?
I just completed my questionnaire and they said someone from bodycare will be in contact to book in for my medical.
I’m assuming it’s with a bodycare dr as I just paid something like $317...
i highly doubt they’ll let us go to any doctor, I think these people are proper workplace doctors :)

theskyismyhome
16th Jul 2018, 03:20
Anyone else??
Exciting times ahead!

Oh nice amazing! So once we have all green ticks is that when we get the email for medical? I only have 3 ticks haha :/

LauraG87
16th Jul 2018, 04:02
Oh nice amazing! So once we have all green ticks is that when we get the email for medical? I only have 3 ticks haha :/
Yeah, I had 3 green ticks for about a week lol I was stressing a little bit, then I just reminded myself I’m no criminal lmao :)
once you get all green ticks you’ll get an email from bodycare to pay for the medical and then you’ll receive a text msg to do a online medical assessment and then a aptitude assessment. It’s basic questions like ‘in the last 12 months, have you injured yourself while drinking?’...I had a giggle at some of the questions Haha
But don’t stress too much if you haven’t got all your green ticks just yet, it just takes some time.

sachcho
16th Jul 2018, 08:39
[QUOTE=givemewings;10168138]So basically, the pay is the same as what C got 8-10 years ago. Yikes. OT at that time kicked in over 100 hours I think? And max 120? Or it was possibly OT after 120 and max 140, I can't recall.

#Givemewings .. are you in for Perth vacancies ? May i please ask what stage are u at ?

7A7
16th Jul 2018, 13:27
Hi everyone,

They said they are hiring for the busy period, December to March and then they went quite.

Does that mean after March you will be out of work or given like 2 flights a fortnight?

Also, they said our casuals have gone to become full time at Qantas. How long is the wait though?
​​​​​​
Are you able to transfer base if you are MAM?

Sorry, many questions I have... ?_?

danlloyd1
16th Jul 2018, 13:45
Hi everyone,

They said they are hiring for the busy period, December to March and then they went quite.

Does that mean after March you will be out of work or given like 2 flights a fortnight?

Also, they said our casuals have gone to become full time at Qantas. How long is the wait though?
​​​​​​
Are you able to transfer base if you are MAM?

Sorry, many questions I have... ?_?

When you're hired by MAM, they put you on a 'D contract'. This is a minimum of 14 shifts and maximum of 19 shifts per 28-day roster. However, you can pick up more shifts by calling crewing in Sydney. Crewing do your rosters and can see how many shifts you worked in previous months, and then assign base on this. Be eager for the shifts and you'll get shifts in return.

To transfer to Qantas mainline (and become full-time), you need to work for MAM for a year. This is due to MAM / Qantas rules where you need to work for MAM for a year before requesting a transfer with any Qantas subsidiary (Q catering, Qantas international) - however, you can apply for these if they're publicly hiring/advertising for positions.

And yes, you can transfer after a year.

7A7
17th Jul 2018, 03:48
When you're hired by MAM, they put you on a 'D contract'. This is a minimum of 14 shifts and maximum of 19 shifts per 28-day roster. However, you can pick up more shifts by calling crewing in Sydney. Crewing do your rosters and can see how many shifts you worked in previous months, and then assign base on this. Be eager for the shifts and you'll get shifts in return.

To transfer to Qantas mainline (and become full-time), you need to work for MAM for a year. This is due to MAM / Qantas rules where you need to work for MAM for a year before requesting a transfer with any Qantas subsidiary (Q catering, Qantas international) - however, you can apply for these if they're publicly hiring/advertising for positions.

Thanks danlloyd1 for the answers, appreciate it much ;)

I think it's better to work for MAM and move up in the world to full time. Qantas international positions are competitive not mention the looooong wait for ground school, difficult but not impossible but.

nw787
17th Jul 2018, 21:42

Thanks for all that info danlloyd1, that answers a few questions that I had as well.

Have now received my medical email and have paid the fee and now waiting for them to contact me to make a booking :)

Has anybody heard any rumours about GS dates?

theskyismyhome
17th Jul 2018, 22:50
Yeah, I had 3 green ticks for about a week lol I was stressing a little bit, then I just reminded myself I’m no criminal lmao :)
once you get all green ticks you’ll get an email from bodycare to pay for the medical and then you’ll receive a text msg to do a online medical assessment and then a aptitude assessment. It’s basic questions like ‘in the last 12 months, have you injured yourself while drinking?’...I had a giggle at some of the questions Haha
But don’t stress too much if you haven’t got all your green ticks just yet, it just takes some time.

Hahaha oh good good!!!!! Awesome thanks so much!

danlloyd1
18th Jul 2018, 14:17
Does anyone know how long it normally is between passing the medical assessment and the commencement of ground school?

theskyismyhome
24th Jul 2018, 02:00
No idea! Done your medical yet? I did mine today!

Mariahlouise
24th Jul 2018, 14:26

I completed my medical test on the 19th of July and haven’t heard anything back yet. It’s so nerve racking waiting to hear haha

nw787
24th Jul 2018, 21:34

How did you find the medical? I have mine today :)

theskyismyhome
24th Jul 2018, 21:42
It was ok, found some of the physical exercises a little hard! But fingers crossed haha! Good luck :)

Mariahlouise
24th Jul 2018, 22:00
How did you find the medical? I have mine today :)

I personally didn’t find it to bad but I was nervous as hell haha

theskyismyhome
25th Jul 2018, 22:49
I completed my medical test on the 19th of July and haven’t heard anything back yet. It’s so nerve racking waiting to hear haha

Omg wow you’ve been waiting a while!!!! I know I hate the nerves and stress of waiting but we’ve come this far so hopefully not too much longer haha! What base are you?

danlloyd1
26th Jul 2018, 04:10
Did ACIC take longer than AusCheck to approve background, for anyone else?

Mariahlouise
26th Jul 2018, 06:59
I’m melbourne base how about you?
Yeah and I’m overseas as well so they can’t call me either haha

Mariahlouise
26th Jul 2018, 07:01
Did ACIC take longer than AusCheck to approve background, for anyone else?

Mine took around 2 weeks altogether I think.

crewwannabe2
26th Jul 2018, 13:38
I personally didn’t find it to bad but I was nervous as hell haha

I just got my medical email. What was involved in the medical.. was there any blood test/needles involved? Hate needles :( haha

Mariahlouise
26th Jul 2018, 14:38
When you pay for the medical test and do the questioner you’ll get an email telling you what they’ll be doing but it’s the usual hearing, eyesite and colour test, alcohol and drug test just a urine sample haha no needles or blood tests and now they do physical test as well

nw787
26th Jul 2018, 22:19
For those that are MEL base and arent already based there; what do you intend on doing about accommodation? I will be moving to MEL and unsure about where to move. Feel free to PM me if you're in the same situation so that we can organise something :)

crewwannabe2
26th Jul 2018, 22:25
When you pay for the medical test and do the questioner you’ll get an email telling you what they’ll be doing but it’s the usual hearing, eyesite and colour test, alcohol and drug test just a urine sample haha no needles or blood tests and now they do physical test as well
Thanks!! Just did the questioner hope the physical test isn't too hard haha

Mariahlouise
27th Jul 2018, 11:50
Thanks!! Just did the questioner hope the physical test isn't too hard haha

I’m not sure if everyone does the same but I did a 3 minute step test, push ups, planking, squats, and balance test and the physio just checks your muscles and makes you do stretches. If you want you can message me on facebook?

gabbyw
28th Jul 2018, 11:35
Has anybody recieved any training dates?
just got back from europe completed my security clearance, waiting on my medical email. Was anxious i was too late in doing it all because I was away.

gabbyw
28th Jul 2018, 12:02
Has anybody been given training dates yet?

Mariahlouise
30th Jul 2018, 03:05
just got back from europe completed my security clearance, waiting on my medical email. Was anxious i was too late in doing it all because I was away.

i know a few people who started last week melbourne base training. I’m just waiting to hear back from my medical which I did 13 days ago. Haha I’m just on my Europe trip.

Does anyone know the email to contact Qantas for our application?

theskyismyhome
30th Jul 2018, 03:08

No I haven’t received any emails about ground school! I completed my medical last Tuesday so just on the final waiting leg now! Which base are you? I’m ADL :)

nw787
30th Jul 2018, 03:08
Has anybody been given training dates yet?

I haven't received any training dates yet. I completed my medical last Wednesday so hopefully once they get enough numbers to conduct a GS they let us know dates.

theskyismyhome
30th Jul 2018, 03:09
i know a few people who started last week melbourne base training. I’m just waiting to hear back from my medical which I did 13 days ago. Haha I’m just on my Europe trip.

Yes I’ll DM you!

Madi_burr
30th Jul 2018, 03:09
Has anybody from Perth done their medical yet?
If yes, how was it? I'm a bit nervous for the physical haha

nw787
30th Jul 2018, 05:59

Are those people that started training last week employed as mam or qcca?

Mariahlouise
30th Jul 2018, 06:01

I believe they were MAM but I could be wrong

gabbyw
30th Jul 2018, 06:06

They will do more for melbourne yes?? Im so anxious I'm too late.

Mariahlouise
30th Jul 2018, 08:21
Yeah they’ll be more training dates or they’ll send us to Sydney or something. A lot of people are still doing their medicals so don’t stress haha.

7A7
30th Jul 2018, 23:13

Has anyone done their water competence test yet?
I'm still waiting for background checks but thought I would ask to see what is involved so I can practice swimming now and be prepared for it.

Thanks

Mariahlouise
30th Jul 2018, 23:18
It’s just the background and medical tests I didn’t do any water competence test

QUOTE=7A7;10210519]Hi all :)

I'm still waiting for background checks but thought I would ask to see what is involved so I can practice swimming now and be prepared for it.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

7A7
30th Jul 2018, 23:39
It’s just the background and medical tests I didn’t do any water competence test

QUOTE=7A7;10210519]Hi all :)

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Oh that's great :)
The recruitment lady said there was a 50m swimming and 3minutes water treading competency test.
Good to know it doesn't need to be done...

crewwannabe2
31st Jul 2018, 03:30
Yeah they’ll be more training dates or they’ll send us to Sydney or something. A lot of people are still doing their medicals so don’t stress haha.

yups dont worry I'm still doing my medicals it's schedule for next week

Mariahlouise
31st Jul 2018, 03:31
Haha yeah it could happen not sure or be tested during training

Mariahlouise
31st Jul 2018, 08:21
yups dont worry I'm still doing my medicals it's schedule for next week

Are you Mam?

7A7
31st Jul 2018, 13:39
Haha yeah it could happen not sure or be tested during training

I found an old post regarding swimming in another forum, not sure how accurate this is though...

By view_from_the_top
Posted on 2nd May 2016
Forum PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions - Cabin Crew Ground School Tips?
Excerpt
'Im currently studying to be a pilot full time doing my multi rating and found Ground School for QF more intense.
Also make sure you can swim, two blokes from my intake got dropped because they couldn't swim fully clothed for 100m and tread water'

7A7
31st Jul 2018, 13:42
Link to original article
https://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/578308-cabin-crew-ground-school-tips.html

theskyismyhome
3rd Aug 2018, 07:33
Anyone heard any news or rumours about GS dates? This waiting is killing me! :/

Mariahlouise
3rd Aug 2018, 08:27
Yeah tell me about it I’m checking my emails so many times a day and nothing. Have you done your medical?

Mariahlouise
3rd Aug 2018, 08:27
Anyone heard any news or rumours about GS dates? This waiting is killing me! :/

Yeah tell me about it I’m checking my emails so many times a day and nothing. Have you done your medical?

theskyismyhome
3rd Aug 2018, 08:43
Yep all done! Did it about a week and a half ago! :) Hahaha same checking like 5 times a day legit!

Mariahlouise
3rd Aug 2018, 08:46
Haha yeah it’s been 15 days for me maybe they don’t have any training dates. I think it’s good we haven’t heard anything should mean we did good with our medical. I check like 1000 times hoping something would pop up.

Mariahlouise
3rd Aug 2018, 08:47
Yep all done! Did it about a week and a half ago! :) Hahaha same checking like 5 times a day legit!

Haha yeah it’s been 15 days for me maybe they don’t have any training dates. I think it’s good we haven’t heard anything should mean we did good with our medical. I check like 1000 times hoping something would pop up.

Mariahlouise
3rd Aug 2018, 09:03

FAR CU
3rd Aug 2018, 10:46
Please pardon a mere male butting in. All the chit-chat reminds me of the progenitor of all airline cabin staff recruiting in Australia. She was 'Matron' Holyman, one of the family of Holymans who started the whole business in 1935 with humble beginnings linking Launie with Flinders Island. They became the ANA of Ansett/ANA. (A pity that that only a few today running their feet off have time for the history of the business, the Deborah Wardleys and the 'old boilers' that Reg famously called this brethren, you aspire to.)

Letting Fly: Deborah Wardley Australia's Trail-Blazing Pilot, Elaine McKenna & Deborah Lawrie, Allen & Unwin 1992,

nw787
3rd Aug 2018, 12:10
:rolleyes:

Madi_burr
3rd Aug 2018, 12:36
I'm from Perth and still haven't done my medical yet..
On our assessment day they mentioned GS would be in October but could change 😁

Mariahlouise
3rd Aug 2018, 13:08
I'm from Perth and still haven't done my medical yet..
On our assessment day they mentioned GS would be in October but could change 😁

oh okay I don’t think there in a hurry cause I’m my assessment day in June they said the busy period is December to March.

aviationgal
6th Aug 2018, 01:12

Thanks

The water testing will be completed through our ground school, they have a big pool and they get you to jump in fully closed with a life jacket on swim to the other side then back and then they will chuck a life raft in the pool and everyone hasn’t to climb in there. It’s a cool room they have like water sprinkle down from the ceiling and have storm noises to put you in a proper scenario. Once you climb in the life raft you’ll have to put cover up as a team together. (They shut the lifts off as well sometimes)

7A7
6th Aug 2018, 12:03
The water testing will be completed through our ground school, they have a big pool and they get you to jump in fully closed with a life jacket on swim to the other side then back and then they will chuck a life raft in the pool and everyone hasn’t to climb in there. It’s a cool room they have like water sprinkle down from the ceiling and have storm noises to put you in a proper scenario. Once you climb in the life raft you’ll have to put cover up as a team together. (They shut the lifts off as well sometimes)

Thanks aviationgal for that insight, its a relieve hearing that.
I was worried they would be testing you swimming fully clothed and treading water for few minutes.
Time to hit the local pool and swim like there is no tomorrow!

kai_87n
6th Aug 2018, 13:46
Seek is advertising Perth and Brisbane positions again now! Good luck everyone!

theskyismyhome
6th Aug 2018, 21:54
Thanks aviationgal for that insight, its a relieve hearing that.
I was worried they would be testing you swimming fully clothed and treading water for few minutes.
Time to hit the local pool and swim like there is no tomorrow!

Hahaha don’t worry 7A7 I will be doing the same! Swimming pool here I come!

Mariahlouise
6th Aug 2018, 22:56
The suspense and wait is killing me to find out about training dates haha

theskyismyhome
6th Aug 2018, 23:04
The suspense and wait is killing me to find out about training dates haha

SAME!!!!!!!!

Mariahlouise
6th Aug 2018, 23:09
[QUOTE=theskyismyhome;10216742]It’s like I have a really bad itch and can’t stop it haha

theskyismyhome
6th Aug 2018, 23:25
[QUOTE=theskyismyhome;10216742]It’s like I have a really bad itch and can’t stop it haha

HAHAH yes!!!! I’ve started watching cabin crew vlogs which isn’t really helping getting my mind of it haha

Mariahlouise
7th Aug 2018, 03:10
[QUOTE=Mariahlouise;10216747]

haha omg me too! Gets me super excited though about training and all

HAHAH yes!!!! I’ve started watching cabin crew vlogs which isn’t really helping getting my mind of it haha

Mariahlouise
7th Aug 2018, 08:50
Haha same here I’m watching a guy called Kyle on YouTube his an international flight attendant for Qantas in Brisbane his vlogs are amazing

[QUOTE=Mariahlouise;10216747]

theskyismyhome
7th Aug 2018, 08:59
Haha same here I’m watching a guy called Kyle on YouTube his an international flight attendant for Qantas in Brisbane his vlogs are amazing

OMG HAHAHA THAT IS WHO IVE BEEN WATCHING AS WELL! That’s so freaky 😂
[QUOTE=theskyismyhome;10216765]

Mariahlouise
7th Aug 2018, 09:34
[QUOTE=Mariahlouise;10217037]Haha same here I’m watching a guy called Kyle on YouTube his an international flight attendant for Qantas in Brisbane his vlogs are amazing
Hahaha it’s super addictive

OMG HAHAHA THAT IS WHO IVE BEEN WATCHING AS WELL! That’s so freaky 😂

LauraG87
8th Aug 2018, 01:41
Anyone else just get their golden call?? MAM just called to offer me the position 😁 ground school starts 29th August 2018!!!

theskyismyhome
8th Aug 2018, 01:52
OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! No I haven’t received anything ahhhh fingers crossed I hear something soon!!! Is your ground school in Melbourne or Sydney?!

LauraG87
8th Aug 2018, 01:56
I’m Melbourne based but ground school is in Sydney.

theskyismyhome
8th Aug 2018, 01:57
I’m Melbourne based but ground school is in Sydney.

Ah amazing!!!! OMG I hope I get called for that ground school!!! Praying 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Mariahlouise
8th Aug 2018, 02:21
They emailed me saying they couldn’t contact me to call them back ASAP. Is you accomodation and all covered?

QUOTE=theskyismyhome;10217811]OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! No I haven’t received anything ahhhh fingers crossed I hear something soon!!! Is your ground school in Melbourne or Sydney?![/QUOTE]

LauraG87
8th Aug 2018, 02:22
They emailed me saying they couldn’t contact me to call them back ASAP. Is you accomodation and all covered?

Yes, all accommodation and flights are covered by them 😁
QUOTE=theskyismyhome;10217811]OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! No I haven’t received anything ahhhh fingers crossed I hear something soon!!! Is your ground school in Melbourne or Sydney?!
[/QUOTE]

Mariahlouise
8th Aug 2018, 02:55
Super exciting massive congrats to you 😊 does anyone know if you are able to ask for another ground school when another one becomes available or do they recommend you start like ASAP?

Mariahlouise
8th Aug 2018, 17:26
Anyone else just get their golden call?? MAM just called to offer me the position 😁 ground school starts 29th August 2018!!!

got my golden call today too I’m melbourne base but also doing ground school in Sydney so I’ll see you there 😊 if you want we can exchange social media

crewwannabe2
9th Aug 2018, 07:51
got my golden call today too I’m melbourne base but also doing ground school in Sydney so I’ll see you there 😊 if you want we can exchange social media

Congratsss!!! I did my medicals yesterday how long before I hear back? Some.of the exercises were quite hard haha

Hope I'll hear back soon!

theskyismyhome
9th Aug 2018, 08:12
Congratsss!!! I did my medicals yesterday how long before I hear back? Some.of the exercises were quite hard haha

Hope I'll hear back soon!

What base are you crewwannabe2? I’m ADL it’s been about 2 weeks since I’ve done my medical haha and I’m still waiting! Hope to get a call over the next few days :)

theskyismyhome
10th Aug 2018, 08:31
Hey has anyone received their golden call yet for ADL base? :/

givemewings
10th Aug 2018, 17:05
Thanks danlloyd1 for the answers, appreciate it much ;)

I think it's better to work for MAM and move up in the world to full time. Qantas international positions are competitive not mention the looooong wait for ground school, difficult but not impossible but.

Wouldn't get my hopes up for that; when I was previously employed with then I was there more than 2 years and there was no opportunity for transfer for MAM to QF long haul . We had to apply just like anyone else off the street. As for the crew who had already been there for years, I only knew a few who transferred to full time short haul. Maybe it's different now but you'd likely still come after mainline domestic crew in the scheme of things if positions became available in long haul.

aviationgal
11th Aug 2018, 09:53
Hey has anyone received their golden call yet for ADL base? :/
I haven’t heard anything yet, & I’m ADL. Been stressing because I did my medical 2 weeks ago. The lady who did my pee test said the testing would take 1 week to be cleared but idk if we are waiting for other people so they have enough to start a ground school or what? STRESSING 😢😢😢

theskyismyhome
11th Aug 2018, 21:45
I haven’t heard anything yet, & I’m ADL. Been stressing because I did my medical 2 weeks ago. The lady who did my pee test said the testing would take 1 week to be cleared but idk if we are waiting for other people so they have enough to start a ground school or what? STRESSING 😢😢😢

Hey girl it’s okay we should hear something really soon! I did my medical 2.5 weeks ago the waiting is killing me - fingers crossed praying for some news this coming week 🙏🏼

danlloyd1
12th Aug 2018, 08:14
Don’t fret!! I’m Adelaide base and myself and two other people are doing our medicals tomorrow... they’re probably waiting for us and others before giving the calls! Especially if they called you, confirmed the date and we all failed medicals and they didn’t have enough to do a ground school... they’d have to call you again!!

7A7
12th Aug 2018, 14:30
Wouldn't get my hopes up for that; when I was previously employed with then I was there more than 2 years and there was no opportunity for transfer for MAM to QF long haul . We had to apply just like anyone else off the street. As for the crew who had already been there for years, I only knew a few who transferred to full time short haul. Maybe it's different now but you'd likely still come after mainline domestic crew in the scheme of things if positions became available in long haul.

Well that doesn't sound very promising.... :ooh:
When did you leave MAM?
the lady at assessment day said 'our casuals went to become full time employees with Qantas, if you stick around long enough that opportunity will come'

What is the pay like, is it enough to live on without getting a second job and do you get any travel perks?
It would be ideal to be able to fly back home few times a month without having to pay for full fare... ahah...

Skydreamer90
14th Aug 2018, 05:30
Hey, has anyone applied for the Brisbane base and heard anything yet?

crewwannabe2
14th Aug 2018, 07:49
Hey all

do we normally get a call from HR once we pass our medicals and have an allocated training date or they will notify you if you pass your medicals via email followed by a call after a training date becomes available?

:)) thank youu!!

flyingbabe1
14th Aug 2018, 11:03
Well that doesn't sound very promising.... :ooh:
When did you leave MAM?
the lady at assessment day said 'our casuals went to become full time employees with Qantas, if you stick around long enough that opportunity will come'

What is the pay like, is it enough to live on without getting a second job and do you get any travel perks?
It would be ideal to be able to fly back home few times a month without having to pay for full fare... ahah...
My friend just transitioned from Mam to QF long haul mainline he was there for just over 1 year, he did have to go through the same interview as the general public

7A7
14th Aug 2018, 11:59
My friend just transitioned from Mam to QF long haul mainline he was there for just over 1 year, he did have to go through the same interview as the general public

Was it just the interview or did he had to do the whole application from scratch?

flyingbabe1
14th Aug 2018, 20:57
Was it just the interview or did he had to do the whole application from scratch?
He said he applied internally, went to the interview , waited 2 weeks for the yes call and was booked straight into conversion ground school.

7A7
15th Aug 2018, 06:59
He said he applied internally, went to the interview , waited 2 weeks for the yes call and was booked straight into conversion ground school.

That is so much better than going through the whole process, taken out many, many steps.
Thanks for the info :)

danlloyd1
15th Aug 2018, 07:52
I just received an email from MAM, asking for my RSA, water competency certificate and first aid within the next two days...

theskyismyhome
15th Aug 2018, 08:04
I just received an email from MAM, asking for my RSA, water competency certificate and first aid within the next two days...

I just got that email too! That is not enough time omg I'm freaking out I need swimming practice!!!!!!

nw787
15th Aug 2018, 08:43
Have you guys completed those certificates yet? I just need to complete my water competency assessment... they didn't give much notice!
Don't freak out its so easy to do and you can take as long as you want to swim the distance required :)
Have you still not received your golden call???
Don't worry... it's looking very promising for you :)

theskyismyhome
15th Aug 2018, 08:47
Have you guys completed those certificates yet? I just need to complete my water competency assessment... they didn't give much notice!
Don't freak out its so easy to do and you can take as long as you want to swim the distance required :)
Have you still not received your golden call???
Don't worry... it's looking very promising for you :)

Yeah I've completed my other certificates it's just the water competency one I've gotta do!! I wish they gave us more time omg I'll be winging it literally!!!! And still no golden call!!!! :(

kai_87n
15th Aug 2018, 11:22
I got the email too!!!!! I work full time so no way I can get this all done in 2 Days 😞

crewwannabe2
15th Aug 2018, 11:38
Me too, received the email today and i don't think I can complete it in time

they did say that these certs can be submitted during training etc. Didnt know they would need it this soon. Haven't received any news about medical clearance too

7A7
15th Aug 2018, 14:51
Hi all,

I also received the email asking for RSA, First Aid and water competency.
such short noticed, if you haven't got RSA or first Aid there is no way you could get them by Friday 6pm.

Im pretty sure if you book in for classes and show them the receipt and able to obtain it within reasonable time then they should be fine with it.

I knew they would be asking for the water competency certificate, I'm gonna 'wing it' like theskyismyhome (https://www.pprune.org/members/479036-theskyismyhome) said.

Still havent done my medical yet, is anyone in the same stage as me?

loulou30
16th Aug 2018, 02:10
Hi everyone, I also received the email requesting forms does anyone know if RSA’s expire? I didn’t think they did however the email said must be valid which has thrown me off. Is anyone from Perth still waiting on there ID to clear?

theskyismyhome
16th Aug 2018, 05:08
I FINALLY GOT MY GOLDEN CALL TODAY FOR ADL BASE!!!!!! The time has finally come!!

nw787
16th Aug 2018, 05:43
I FINALLY GOT MY GOLDEN CALL TODAY FOR ADL BASE!!!!!! The time has finally come!!

Woohoooo!! Congrats!! When does GS start?

theskyismyhome
16th Aug 2018, 06:06
Woohoooo!! Congrats!! When does GS start?

29th August - same as you!!!!!

nw787
16th Aug 2018, 06:53
29th August - same as you!!!!!

No way! in syd??

theskyismyhome
16th Aug 2018, 07:28
No way! in syd??

YES!!!!!!!!!

crewwannabe2
16th Aug 2018, 07:46

Congrats!!!! Well done :))) did they mentioned anything about the deadline to submit the docs by tmr?

kai_87n
16th Aug 2018, 09:42
I still don’t know what to do about the email!!l I feel like all I can do is email back saying I won’t be able to meet the timeframe :( ! Rsa you need to renew them when they are due to expire. Well for nsw I just got my email notification to renew. But I don’t have a WA Rsa so not sure!

Madi_burr
16th Aug 2018, 13:37
Hi all,

I also received the email asking for RSA, First Aid and water competency.
such short noticed, if you haven't got RSA or first Aid there is no way you could get them by Friday 6pm.

Im pretty sure if you book in for classes and show them the receipt and able to obtain it within reasonable time then they should be fine with it.

I knew they would be asking for the water competency certificate, I'm gonna 'wing it' like theskyismyhome (https://www.pprune.org/members/479036-theskyismyhome) said.

Still havent done my medical yet, is anyone in the same stage as me?

I just submitted all of my documents today, had to cancel my shift and do an all day first aid training course.. and go to the pools!
I received an email yesterday morning to do my online medical assessment and then after would be notified when my physical would be but still waiting for that!

nw787
16th Aug 2018, 19:20
I still don’t know what to do about the email!!l I feel like all I can do is email back saying I won’t be able to meet the timeframe :( ! Rsa you need to renew them when they are due to expire. Well for nsw I just got my email notification to renew. But I don’t have a WA Rsa so not sure!

Give them a call today and I'm sure they won't mind if they receive them by start of business Monday morning as I doubt TA work over the weekend. Don't stress too much.
Madi... that's dedication!

7A7
16th Aug 2018, 22:49
I just submitted all of my documents today, had to cancel my shift and do an all day first aid training course.. and go to the pools!
I received an email yesterday morning to do my online medical assessment and then after would be notified when my physical would be but still waiting for that!

Great to hear! :)
Just submitted mine last night...
​​​​​​
The water assement was a mess for me, when I turned up they explained I had to dive, retrieve a weight, back sculling, swim 25 metres with a 2 kilos weight and done in long pants and shirt.....

I showed them the document and they said they thought it's for a police swimming test. The guards in the pool didn't have their licences number with them so I almost was not able to do it but an offer duty guard happens to be around with his licence.

Any ways it's all done now. If you're going for you're assement make sure you tell them it's for 'flight attendent'

Have a good weekend everyone ...

danlloyd1
17th Aug 2018, 02:59
Give them a call today and I'm sure they won't mind if they receive them by start of business Monday morning as I doubt TA work over the weekend. Don't stress too much.
Madi... that's dedication!

Do you have their number?? I’ve been trying to contact them, but with no luck..

Madi_burr
17th Aug 2018, 07:21
Great to hear! :)
Just submitted mine last night...
​​​​​​
The water assement was a mess for me, when I turned up they explained I had to dive, retrieve a weight, back sculling, swim 25 metres with a 2 kilos weight and done in long pants and shirt.....

I showed them the document and they said they thought it's for a police swimming test. The guards in the pool didn't have their licences number with them so I almost was not able to do it but an offer duty guard happens to be around with his licence.

Any ways it's all done now. If you're going for you're assement make sure you tell them it's for 'flight attendent'

Have a good weekend everyone ...

omg no way! what a mess. thank god you didn't have to do all that!
I've just been booked in for Wednesday next week for my medical so fingers crossed :)

crewwannabe2
17th Aug 2018, 07:28
Do you have their number?? I’ve been trying to contact them, but with no luck..

I've emailed them saying if I can have an extension. Ill get my documents ready by Monday so hope for the best !

danlloyd1
17th Aug 2018, 07:59
Turns out my urine sample was too diluted and I need to supply it again... doubt I’ll make the 29th ground school now :(

givemewings
19th Aug 2018, 16:00
Think it depends when you did it. RSAs done I WA never used to expire. I first did mine in 2004. The job I have now requires it and I thought I'd have to do it again but they accepted mine (that has no expiry date) I think I just have to keep on top of any changes and know the variations for our premises.

You can do them online now anyway in a few hours

crewwannabe2
20th Aug 2018, 06:55
Hey guys

does anyone have QF talent acquisition number? If anyone of you can DM me their number that would be greatttt

Bec123
20th Aug 2018, 07:58
hi,has anyone from Perth had a golden call yet??? Does anyone know if there is more then one ground school date?? All my security checks are cleared done my medical and sent in all my documents last week still haven’t heard anything.

loulou30
21st Aug 2018, 07:44
hi,has anyone from Perth had a golden call yet??? Does anyone know if there is more then one ground school date?? All my security checks are cleared done my medical and sent in all my documents last week still haven’t heard anything.

Hey Bec my security ID has just cleared and I know someone that is doing her medical tomorrow we are both from Perth so I Wouldn’t stress too much just have to play the waiting game. Also I saw they advertised on seek for Bris and Perth base so maybe they didn’t get enough number for group school. Anyway good luck hope you hear back soon good luck !

Bec123
21st Aug 2018, 09:54
Hey Bec my security ID has just cleared and I know someone that is doing her medical tomorrow we are both from Perth so I Wouldn’t stress too much just have to play the waiting game. Also I saw they advertised on seek for Bris and Perth base so maybe they didn’t get enough number for group school. Anyway good luck hope you hear back soon good luck !
hi Lou thanks for replying I am getting a little bit inpatient
Lol. I wonder if the next ground school will be in 7 weeks the not knowing is hard. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens I’ll keep you up dated if I hear anything. Good luck

flyingbabe1
22nd Aug 2018, 04:46
omg no way! what a mess. thank god you didn't have to do all that!
I've just been booked in for Wednesday next week for my medical so fingers crossed :)

Did they send a form for the swimming test, Ive been asked to supply the certificate, but not sure what to say at the swimming pool complex

7A7
22nd Aug 2018, 07:56
Did they send a form for the swimming test, Ive been asked to supply the certificate, but not sure what to say at the swimming pool complex

Didn't they attached a PDF in the email?
Let us know and we can send you one.

Make sure you call up your local pool and make a booking and tell them it's for a 'flight attendent swimming assement'

I rocked up to the pool and the aunty at the pool expected me to dive and swim fully clothed with 2K weight.... Be clear with them otherwise they will think it's for something else....

Good luck and you will be fine....

Madi_burr
22nd Aug 2018, 23:33
Lol. I wonder if the next ground school will be in 7 weeks the not knowing is hard. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens I’ll keep you up dated if I hear anything. Good luck

Hey Bec, feel free to find me on facebook if you want to chat there! I just did my medical yesterday and going to do my urine test today. I emailed and asked about GS dates and they said that dates will be set after medical/security checks clear.. so hopefully we won't be waiting long 🤔

danlloyd1
23rd Aug 2018, 00:48
YESSSS! Just heard about ground school for ADL base commencing next Wednesday 29th August!!

nw787
23rd Aug 2018, 01:52
YESSSS! Just heard about ground school for ADL base commencing next Wednesday 29th August!!

Congrats!! See you next week :)

crewwannabe2
24th Aug 2018, 00:04
Congrats!! See you next week :)
Is anyone in Melbourne base still awaiting training dates?

anjjelicaa
24th Aug 2018, 05:37
Is anyone in Melbourne base still awaiting training dates?

YESSS ME😩😩😩😩I’ve done everything thought they may have called this week 🤦🏽*♀️

Bec123
24th Aug 2018, 09:51
I had my golden call Tuesday I go to ground school 29th August there is a group of 16 going from Perth . When I spoke to MAM I asked we are the first group but there are going to be more ground school dates . Good luck

sachcho
25th Aug 2018, 06:17
I had my golden call Tuesday I go to ground school 29th August there is a group of 16 going from Perth . When I spoke to MAM I asked we are the first group but there are going to be more ground school dates . Good luck
Hi Bec123.
Your ground school is not in Perth ? Where is it ?
thanx

Bec123
25th Aug 2018, 09:42
Hi Bec123.
Your ground school is not in Perth ? Where is it ?
thanx
16 going from Perth to ground school in Sydney.

Madi_burr
25th Aug 2018, 09:52

Im so jealous!
Good luck & have fun! let us know how it is 😊

crewwannabe2
27th Aug 2018, 02:22
Im so jealous!
Good luck & have fun! let us know how it is 😊

hope they will call us this week! Haha it's been almost 2.5 weeks since my medicals