PDA

View Full Version : MAM QF Casuals

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Holly_1711
27th Aug 2018, 09:19
if Anyone wants to talk and ask me questions about anything just message me on Facebook under Holly Dickson, my profile picture is of me with a yellow floral top on. It won’t let me reply back to anyone on here. Thanks xx

loulou30
28th Aug 2018, 01:08
I had my golden call Tuesday I go to ground school 29th August there is a group of 16 going from Perth . When I spoke to MAM I asked we are the first group but there are going to be more ground school dates . Good luck
Great news Bec, congratulations all the best with Ground School it will be the most stressful/fun thing you’ve ever done. Hopefully see you in the skies

CityFly
28th Aug 2018, 02:20
I had a call asking about base preference and notice period today. Hope that’s a good sign.

Holly_1711
28th Aug 2018, 07:45
Did anyone receive a phone call today on a private number? I missed the call unfortunately :/ I have a feeling if might be Qantas as it wasn’t my work calling me and it wouldn’t of been anyone I know, just curious.... 🤔

anjjelicaa
28th Aug 2018, 11:33
ANYONE STARTING GROUNDSCHOOL ON MONDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER ? Add me on Facebook Anjelica Simiona if you are 😊

crewwannabe2
28th Aug 2018, 12:55
Did anyone receive a phone call today on a private number? I missed the call unfortunately :/ I have a feeling if might be Qantas as it wasn’t my work calling me and it wouldn’t of been anyone I know, just curious.... 🤔

I got a call from MAM today offering GS on Monday. Told them I need to give notice at my work place so hope they will allocate me to GS at a later date.

do they give you contracts as soon as you agree to a GS date? Prefer to sign a contract before resigning lol

anjjelicaa
28th Aug 2018, 13:00
I got a call from MAM today offering GS on Monday. Told them I need to give notice at my work place so hope they will allocate me to GS at a later date.

do they give you contracts as soon as you agree to a GS date? Prefer to sign a contract before resigning lol

Yes they will send you the contract to you via express post and you can sign it!

Holly_1711
28th Aug 2018, 13:13

did they call you from a private number? They’ll understand that you need to give your work plenty of notice then as soon as another date comes up they should let you know ✈️

crewwannabe2
29th Aug 2018, 11:11
did they call you from a private number? They’ll understand that you need to give your work plenty of notice then as soon as another date comes up they should let you know ✈️

did you manage to call Qantas back or did they try you again today ?

LauraG87
29th Aug 2018, 11:13
My ground school has been postponed due to personal reasons. I was supposed to start GS today in Sydney but I’m on hold until the next available. You’ll be allocated another GS start date. Don’t stress too much 😁

crewwannabe2
29th Aug 2018, 12:02
My ground school has been postponed due to personal reasons. I was supposed to start GS today in Sydney but I’m on hold until the next available. You’ll be allocated another GS start date. Don’t stress too much 😁

I hope all is well though :), had a proposed date on 26th Sept, maybe they may allocate that to you as well!

LauraG87
29th Aug 2018, 12:17
I hope all is well though :), had a proposed date on 26th Sept, maybe they may allocate that to you as well!

Yes, just family stuff. I just couldn’t leave for 7 weeks and be away.
Thry said they hold my position for the next 12 months.

crewwannabe2
29th Aug 2018, 22:35
Yes, just family stuff. I just couldn’t leave for 7 weeks and be away.
Thry said they hold my position for the next 12 months.

Hope they will have a class in Melbourne in the coming weeks :))

7A7
30th Aug 2018, 13:58
Hi all,

I got an email on the 15th, August asking for RSA, 1st aid and water competency certificate by the 17th, August.
Sent mine in on the 16th, it's now 2 weeks and no emails.

They were really rushing for those documents and now they're going all quite.
Is anyone in the same position as me?

Holly_1711
2nd Sep 2018, 13:08
A new week tomorrow girls, another week to see if we get to find out when we’re going to ground school 🤞🏻✈️ If someone hears something about the next date for ground school, please let me know xx

Madi_burr
2nd Sep 2018, 23:12
Hi all,

I got an email on the 15th, August asking for RSA, 1st aid and water competency certificate by the 17th, August.
Sent mine in on the 16th, it's now 2 weeks and no emails.

They were really rushing for those documents and now they're going all quite.
Is anyone in the same position as me?

Same here! have you done your medical?

Holly_1711
3rd Sep 2018, 08:33
Me too! I emailed them and they said my medical has cleared, so maybe you girls should email them and see if your medical has been cleared? Then once that’s been cleared they’ll give us dates about ground school

7A7
3rd Sep 2018, 11:09

Hi Madi,

Thought I was the only one in this position, glad to know I'm not alone ;)
I haven't received my invitation to do medical yet.
I emailed them asking if they've received my documents (RSA, 1st aid, water certificate) and they said 'yes', it took them a week and half to reply so Im guessing they are heaps busy!
Gotta continue with the waiting game
tick - tock -tick - tock
haha :)

H83
3rd Sep 2018, 23:34
has anyone’s applied for BNE base?
I applied over a month ago and just received an email to complete an online questionnaire.

Just a coupe of quick questions if anyone can answer :)

Are the training schools only done in Sydney? If yes, do they fly you there or is this at your own cost including accomodation?

With mam crew, which aircrafts are they trained in? As there are quite a few different types in qantas fleet I just was curious.

Skydreamer90
5th Sep 2018, 06:06
I applied over a month ago and just received an email to complete an online questionnaire.

Are the training schools only done in Sydney? If yes, do they fly you there or is this at your own cost including accomodation?

With mam crew, which aircrafts are they trained in? As there are quite a few different types in qantas fleet I just was curious.

I got the email for the questionnaire on Monday as well, hopefully we find out soon if we have progressed! With GS as far as I am aware it's wherever they have spots available so it could be in Brisbane or somewhere else (hopefully Brisbane!).

givemewings
5th Sep 2018, 06:43
They must need people for Perth. Got the email on Monday to do that personality quiz thing.

Nice that at least one company is interested in former staff. Virgin asked me to do the video then sent me the "you're not what we're looking for" email which I take to mean "too old and too experienced" 😂😂😂

Madi_burr
5th Sep 2018, 07:38
Hi Madi,

Thought I was the only one in this position, glad to know I'm not alone ;)
I haven't received my invitation to do medical yet.
I emailed them asking if they've received my documents (RSA, 1st aid, water certificate) and they said 'yes', it took them a week and half to reply so Im guessing they are heaps busy!
Gotta continue with the waiting game
tick - tock -tick - tock
haha :)

I did my medical just over 2 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything. They're hiring for Perth again and should be doing another round of interviews in the next few weeks so maybe we'll hear back after that. Although it would be nice to know what's going on!

Holly_1711
5th Sep 2018, 07:53
I did my medical just over 2 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything. They're hiring for Perth again and should be doing another round of interviews in the next few weeks so maybe we'll hear back after that. Although it would be nice to know what's going on!

Is there a ground school on the 26th of September? I saw Crewwannabe2 reply on here saying their going on the 26th. Kind of hoping we get into that one, otherwise I can’t see them doing another ground school for this year being so close to Christmas.

givemewings
5th Sep 2018, 16:39
My original ground school was over Christmas, don't rule anything out! 😂

crewwannabe2
6th Sep 2018, 01:05
Is there a ground school on the 26th of September? I saw Crewwannabe2 reply on here saying their going on the 26th. Kind of hoping we get into that one, otherwise I can’t see them doing another ground school for this year being so close to Christmas.

are you Melbourne based?

KWA123
6th Sep 2018, 01:32
Hey all!

I did my questionnaire on Monday for BNE base, just waiting to hear back. But I do have a few questions if anyone can help.

1- I was looking at the EBA for MAM cabin crew and I assume the $35.27 per hour rate is only for flight hours? I know DTA is constant if you're on a trip, but surely it can't be both for the whole time?
2- Is "short haul" purely domestic or can you be assigned the odd international as well? seems a little vague.

Thanks, and best of luck to all those waiting to hear back :ok:

crewwannabe2
6th Sep 2018, 02:11
My original ground school was over Christmas, don't rule anything out! 😂

they didnt have earlier ground school options?

dreamjob_99
6th Sep 2018, 11:16
Hi Guys, earlier last month I applied for causal Cabin Crew role with MAM based in BNE I made it through to assessment day next Wednesday at 1pm. I am only 19 years of age and have no previous experience in the industry, I’ve only worked at McDonald’s for the past 4.5 years. I notice it’s a behavioural question interview and was wondering if anyone could give me questions they asked at the assessment day? And what the timeline of the day Is like etc. This is my dream job and have never wanted anything in my life more then I this position, would love to go in confident and prepared so any information would be appreciated. Kind Regards :)

givemewings
6th Sep 2018, 16:10
Dream job, you'll be fine. McDonald's let's you see the whole spectrum of people I'm sure.

just think of a few examples you can give them... e.g. a rowdy patron, when you went above and beyond for a customer, when did you have a conflict with a colleague or customer and how did you deal with it... etc etc. I'm sure you'll be able to think of lots.

just keep in mind when you give your example "START Situation Task Action Result. What was happening? What did you need to achieve? What action did you take? What was the result?

don't be afraid to give a negative example where something didn't work out (They will likely ask one like this anyway) just remember to focus on what you learnt and how you would approach the situation differently next time.

good luck!

givemewings
6th Sep 2018, 16:14
they didnt have earlier ground school options?

nope! 🤣 I got the call and flew out two days later. We did I think 3 weeks, got sent home over Christmas for I think 2 days, back again then sent home over NY as both times the accommodations had conflicting bookings. I guess it was cheaper to fly us back and forth twice than to keep us in Sydney. We stayed in serviced apartments in the city which was great. Didn't even have to share. Score! Not sure what it's like now though.

As for Short Haul it depends what the EBA says. When I was flying we could do any destination up to 10hr flight time so we could fly anything the 737, 767 And A330 flew up to that. It also depends on base. Perth got more internationals on average than Sydney because there were less crew and we had the SIN DPS CGK patterns

miffy777
10th Sep 2018, 13:15

I received an email last week asking me to answer questions which I answered.

I then received an email Thursday morning inviting me to attend the AD on 12/9. It went to my junk folder and I didn't see it until Friday morning. Luckily I looked there!

I'm very excited for Wednesday!!

KWA123
10th Sep 2018, 22:51
Hey all.

I applied for BNE base, did the questionnaire the day it was sent out but still haven't heard anything back. Given theres an AD tomorrow does that mean its a no?
Do they send you a "no" email if you're unsuccessful, or is it a case of no news is good news and I might get invited to the next one?
Im confused haha

Best of luck tomorrow for those going!

Holly_1711
11th Sep 2018, 08:54
Is there any girls from Perth base that have completed everything and now just waiting to hear for a ground school date? Hope I’m not the only one 😭😂

loulou30
12th Sep 2018, 04:24
Is there any girls from Perth base that have completed everything and now just waiting to hear for a ground school date? Hope I’m not the only one 😭😂
Hey Holly check your inbox I sent you a PM

Holly_1711
12th Sep 2018, 07:33
Hey Holly check your inbox I sent you a PM

i didn’t get one :(

dreamjob_99
13th Sep 2018, 07:42
Hi guys, could someone please tell me what the medical involves?? I wanna get myself ready and work on my fitness, also I can touch my toes but my knees bend a little not a lot though, do you think that will be ok? Or they must be straight at all times? Thanks guys

kind regards.

crewwannabe2
13th Sep 2018, 22:46
Hi guys, could someone please tell me what the medical involves?? I wanna get myself ready and work on my fitness, also I can touch my toes but my knees bend a little not a lot though, do you think that will be ok? Or they must be straight at all times? Thanks guys

kind regards.

Hey

It's nothing too difficult, urine and breath test.. then goes on to some QnA and a blood pressure test.

After that they do some stretch test with your limbs and they'll ask you if anything hurts etc. The physical test involves push ups, sit ups ,side planks and step ups on a small step for about 3 mins or so.

they will then ask you to lift a suit case of 20kg and 7kg ..

that's about it! Good luck :)

miffy777
15th Sep 2018, 13:29
Hey dreamjob_99, how did you go on Wednesday? have you heard anything? :)

dreamjob_99
15th Sep 2018, 21:19
Hey dreamjob_99, how did you go on Wednesday? have you heard anything? :)

Hi miffy777, I went really well thank you. Qantas have done my reference checks so I assume next stage will be Medical and ASIC. Thanks for asking :)

sachcho
16th Sep 2018, 17:32
Hi Holly ,

Anything yet ?
Rgds

dreamjob_99
16th Sep 2018, 20:47
Hey guys, how many push ups did you all have to do in medical? Sorry for all these questions just doing some fitness training atm and want my fitness on point.
Thanks guys.

TomFen87
16th Sep 2018, 21:16
Hi miffy777, I went really well thank you. Qantas have done my reference checks so I assume next stage will be Medical and ASIC. Thanks for asking :)

Hi, dreamjob_99 was this for Brisbane base? Did you interview on Wed 12SEP? AM or PM? Also, did QF email you advising your references were getting checked or did your references tell you they got checked? Thanks so much, and congrats so far!

Holly_1711
17th Sep 2018, 02:59
Hey guysss 👋 does anyone know how to contact the Qantas/MAM recruitment team by email?

dreamjob_99
17th Sep 2018, 03:43
Hi, dreamjob_99 was this for Brisbane base? Did you interview on Wed 12SEP? AM or PM? Also, did QF email you advising your references were getting checked or did your references tell you they got checked? Thanks so much, and congrats so far!

Hello, yes it was for BNE. I was in the PM session, have you heard anything? Were you in Am or Pm?

QF emailed me advising they were checking references.

miffy777
18th Sep 2018, 12:21
:rolleyes:

Hello, yes it was for BNE. I was in the PM session, have you heard anything? Were you in Am or Pm?

QF emailed me advising they were checking references.

Makes me wonder if you are correct. As the process you described above doesn’t follow the process QF/MAM follow when it comes to reference checking.

givemewings
18th Sep 2018, 17:07
Not really, you get an automatic email from Xref when a referee completes a reference and I got one again once the employer (Qantas) had accepted them and they were under process. Maybe this is what previous poster is referring to? :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder if you are correct. As the process you described above doesn’t follow the process QF/MAM follow when it comes to reference checking.

TomFen87
19th Sep 2018, 07:07
Not really, you get an automatic email from Xref when a referee completes a reference and I got one again once the employer (Qantas) had accepted them and they were under process. Maybe this is what previous poster is referring to?

I got a congrats email to progress and complete the Qantas Security and ASIC checks (which I did). It also said in 24 hours the link for reference checks will come.

dreamjob_99
19th Sep 2018, 08:31
:rolleyes:

im 100% correct, there was a whole group of us who got the email the next day stating that they wanted our references for xref and Qantas directly called me informing me that references were done and i‘m now up to my ASIC :)

B.Alexander
19th Sep 2018, 11:45
Hi all!
I attended the Perth assesment day waiting eagerly checking my mail.
I have a few questions though!
In regards to ASIC and proof of residency for the past ten years, how am I supposed to obtain this information, especially if I lived in New Zealand eight years ago.

givemewings
19th Sep 2018, 16:33
B, it may be that a document showing your address from that time will be enough. Did you have a driver's license there? Or medicare card? Might be possible to get record if that. But if in doubt I'd email the talent acquisition team and ask if they have preferred documentation that you need for that. It might be as simple as getting a police check done from NZ authorities

TomFen87
19th Sep 2018, 22:08
Hi all!
I attended the Perth assesment day waiting eagerly checking my mail.
I have a few questions though!
In regards to ASIC and proof of residency for the past ten years, how am I supposed to obtain this information, especially if I lived in New Zealand eight years ago.

They send a document through with the check email which explains everything and exactly what you need.

B.Alexander
20th Sep 2018, 04:27
Is anyone able to let me know what I need for the physical and medical? :)

B.Alexander
20th Sep 2018, 12:12
hello everyone!
I had my assessment day yesterday got an email this morning about Xref my references completed them, can anyone explain to me the steps of the process? Like how long it will take for them to get back to me about my references, when I have to start doing my medical, physical, ASIC, does this mean I was successful?? I’m all a little confused...
thank you!!

dreamjob_99
22nd Sep 2018, 02:16
hello everyone!
I had my assessment day yesterday got an email this morning about Xref my references completed them, can anyone explain to me the steps of the process? Like how long it will take for them to get back to me about my references, when I have to start doing my medical, physical, ASIC, does this mean I was successful?? I’m all a little confused...
thank you!!

Hi, if they’re doing reference checks you have definitely been successful. About a week after my references were checked I got a phone call saying I’ve been successful and need to complete my ASIC and medical. My ASIC is nearly done, next step is medical and also having to provide your RSA and First Aid and lastly your swimming certificate which they’ll give to you to take to your local pool to show you’re compentent to swim
50mtrs freestyle and tread in water for 3mins.

crewwannabe2
22nd Sep 2018, 09:13
Anyone heading to GS on Wednesday 26th?

Madi_burr
24th Sep 2018, 06:21
3 of us girls from Perth are going to GS on the 3rd October 🙌🏻 anyone else?

givemewings
24th Sep 2018, 17:39
Friend who also applied got the ref check email after AD, was away from home and not checking emails as out of range. It's a long weekend in Perth, they may have forgotten.

Monday morning got an email "unsuccessful" so I guess even they don't know which it is 😂😂

im waiting on my refs to be accepted.

sachcho
25th Sep 2018, 04:06
3 of us girls from Perth are going to GS on the 3rd October 🙌🏻 anyone else?
Have u signed your contract yet Madi ? Where is perth will ground school be held ?

Madi_burr
25th Sep 2018, 23:39
Have u signed your contract yet Madi ? Where is perth will ground school be held ?

Yep got it yesterday! It's in Sydney :-)

7A7
26th Sep 2018, 01:43
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there losing hope with this ever 'prolonged' process?

Went for my assessment day in June,
Reference checked in July.
IDs checks cleared August.
Sent required documents in Ausgust.
October is nearly here and still stuck with no progress while other people are ready for ground school and signing contracts.

I sent them an email and they said 'someone will be in contact shortly' and that was 3 weeks ago.
Sent them another email recently and they said to direct all MAM inquiries to another email address...

Anyone experiencing the same ordeal as me or am I just unlucky?

B.Alexander
26th Sep 2018, 23:29

Aww im so jealous! I’m also from Perth, I had my assesment day last week got references done, just did the qantas hr ID background check. I wish they were sending me off in a couple of days but still a long process for me :(

sachcho
27th Sep 2018, 00:22

Delighted for u.. Enjoy training ... have they asked u to bring anything especially for training .. how much preparation have u to do ?

sachcho
27th Sep 2018, 00:27
Hi everyone,

October is nearly here and still stuck with no progress while other people are ready for ground school and signing contracts.

I sent them an email and they said 'someone will be in contact shortly' and that was 3 weeks ago.
Sent them another email recently and they said to direct all MAM inquiries to another email address...

Dont lose hope and get frustrated ... its always a different timeline for different people.. ive read of people who had their initial interviews in 2017.. so its a matter of time.. Good luck !!!

Madi_burr
27th Sep 2018, 02:35
Hi everyone,

Sounds the exact same as me, I was getting so frustrated too!
I know it's hard but stay patient, my friend went for an assesment day 2 weeks ago and they told her there's a ground school locked in for over Christmas so hopefully you'll get into that one!

Madi_burr
27th Sep 2018, 02:37
Delighted for u.. Enjoy training ... have they asked u to bring anything especially for training .. how much preparation have u to do ?

I'm literally just packing my life up for 7 weeks and hoping for the best haha
The only things they told us to bring is the paperwork they mailed out to us and a passport photo 🤷🏻*♀️

rach94
27th Sep 2018, 08:23
Does anyone know when qantas hire for casuals? It seems like they just put an ad out maybe may/June? Been checking the website since August and nothing yet!

7A7
28th Sep 2018, 10:37
Sounds the exact same as me, I was getting so frustrated too!
I know it's hard but stay patient, my friend went for an assesment day 2 weeks ago and they told her there's a ground school locked in for over Christmas so hopefully you'll get into that one!

Hi,
I'm not sure if it will ever happen but I will try and stay positive :)
I truly hope nobody will ever go through this ridiculous ordeal.

At first I thought it might be my RSA that's holding me back because it's from another state but if you're working in the air going from states to states I don't think this really matters.

Anyways good to know there are still available dates though...... Thanks for the positive feed everyone :)

givemewings
28th Sep 2018, 16:31
You'll want to bring corporate clothes to wear in ground school til uniform week.

Use a mix and match so you don't have to bring too much stuff. Gym clothes, Pjs, a couple of going out outfits as you'll go for some dinners etc with your group. Jeans and runners for any pracs that require long sleeves and pants (not sure if fire training is still live)

Not sure if accommodation is still apartments with cooking facilities or not. For my group we had apartments in CBD area of Sydney, went home over Xmas, back for a week and had rooms near QF head office, back across for NY, then back to the apartments after NY. It's probably different now, but we didn't share rooms which was nice.

you'll gave to wear "business casual" on your flights to/from as well if I'm not out of date now.

unfortunately my references haven't responded so that's likely me out if the running. :(

B.Alexander
3rd Oct 2018, 06:24
Hey guys, my ACIC result was approved after two days, I have green ticks for everything except Aus check results and Final qantas security clearance status, its nearly been two weeks. Anyone else experienced this? Just find it so odd how one can be so quick..

Also what did people wear to their medical? I was thinking like comfy gym wear just because of the physical aspect.. but then again I didn't want to look silly.

givemewings
3rd Oct 2018, 16:17
I'm out. Seems they won't accept references from Gulf airlines as they say they won't give them (although they do give a letter confirming dates of employment and that you resigned rather than were terminated)

I explained that I had sent one earlier this year which was accepted so let's see what they say. If they won't take that, I don't have any other to give that's at least months duration

baliboi
4th Oct 2018, 10:16
I recently attended an assessment day in Melbourne, my background checks have all been cleared/approved (green tick) and my references have been done. It’s been a week since and I’m wondering how long till my medical? Does anyone know or have been asked by QF to do there medical?

dreamjob_99
4th Oct 2018, 17:55
I recently attended an assessment day in Melbourne, my background checks have all been cleared/approved (green tick) and my references have been done. It’s been a week since and I’m wondering how long till my medical? Does anyone know or have been asked by QF to do there medical?

I just received a email about medical a week after security checks were approved, yours will come soon I’m sure.

rach94
4th Oct 2018, 20:50
has Everyone on here applied on the qantas website when the opportunity becomes available? Is there another website that offer the job? I’ve been looking for ages and can never find an opening! Not sure if I’m looking at the wrong site 😞

7A7
5th Oct 2018, 00:05
I just received a email about medical a week after security checks were approved, yours will come soon I’m sure.

Your medical came fast!
My security is all green except for printing.
They asked me for 1st aid, rsa and water competency but no medical emails yet.
​​​​​​
I've been waiting for 6 weeks now.
So exhausting -_-

baliboi
5th Oct 2018, 11:32
Does anyone know what they do in the medical, what tests they do? Blood & urine samples? What do they make you do in it? Just really curious!

dreamjob_99
5th Oct 2018, 21:43
Does anyone know what they do in the medical, what tests they do? Blood & urine samples? What do they make you do in it? Just really curious!

You need to do 20 sit-ups, 15 push ups, side plank each side for 30 seconds, 10 squats, 3min step up test and your heart rate must be 100 beats per minute. Then you do the waiters bow, lift 20kg and lift 2 7kg weights. Then it’s the usual drug tests, touch your toes, check mobility in the legs and measure them.

dreamjob_99
5th Oct 2018, 22:43
Your medical came fast!
My security is all green except for printing.
They asked me for 1st aid, rsa and water competency but no medical emails yet.
​​​​​​
I've been waiting for 6 weeks now.
So exhausting -_-

it did, was very surprised. It’s only been 3 weeks since my assessment day. I hope your email comes very soon.

B.Alexander
6th Oct 2018, 05:40
I'm a little stressed out physical test wise. Im not the strongest female.... are we able to do female push ups? I cant do a normal push up and theres no way id be able to learn in a short time frame :(

dreamjob_99
6th Oct 2018, 07:15
I'm a little stressed out physical test wise. Im not the strongest female.... are we able to do female push ups? I cant do a normal push up and theres no way id be able to learn in a short time frame :(

I’m the same, I just learnt how to do real push ups 3 weeks ago so far can do 12-13 in a row but last two I get so weak. I’m a guy but for some reason hope they let us do knee pushups. My physical is Friday will let you know

B.Alexander
6th Oct 2018, 15:19
I’m the same, I just learnt how to do real push ups 3 weeks ago so far can do 12-13 in a row but last two I get so weak. I’m a guy but for some reason hope they let us do knee pushups. My physical is Friday will let you know

Thank you! Im really nervous.. surely they cant fail someone just because they cant do proper push ups :(

givemewings
6th Oct 2018, 15:45
Yikes with that medical they're pretty much excluding anyone who's ever had a back or shoulder injury (which is a LOT of former crew as odds are you'll injure your back at some point on the job)

I had an injury due to a pax dropping a bag on my head it's healed now but while I can lift the required weight to open exits I'm meant to avoid it unless necessary. So the idea of doing all that puts me off. Before the medical just checked your balance and coordination and to ensure you could lift the exits properly. I've never been able to touch my toes and Dr said it's fine if I have always been that way but by the sounds if this they'd fail me. Bit worrying

dreamjob_99
7th Oct 2018, 23:54
Yikes with that medical they're pretty much excluding anyone who's ever had a back or shoulder injury (which is a LOT of former crew as odds are you'll injure your back at some point on the job)

I had an injury due to a pax dropping a bag on my head it's healed now but while I can lift the required weight to open exits I'm meant to avoid it unless necessary. So the idea of doing all that puts me off. Before the medical just checked your balance and coordination and to ensure you could lift the exits properly. I've never been able to touch my toes and Dr said it's fine if I have always been that way but by the sounds if this they'd fail me. Bit worrying

that’s horrible, I’m sure everything will work out for you. Just practice and you’ll do great. Hope your back doesn’t cause you to much discomfort :)

iwanttofly994
8th Oct 2018, 06:38
Hey B.Alexander, I sent you a pm, not sure if you got it :)

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

baliboi
9th Oct 2018, 09:44
This whole process makes me feel so anxious aha! It’s so long. Will get there eventually! Any rumours on ground school dates?

7A7
12th Oct 2018, 05:53
Hi all,

Did anyone went to Melbourne assessment day back in June and is still waiting for their medical or just waiting in general for any progress?

Cheers,
✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

workinthesky
14th Oct 2018, 23:20
Went to an interview with Mam in BNE over a month ago, does anyone know when there will be a ground school, or has anyone got an email or phone call?

dreamjob_99
15th Oct 2018, 06:46
Hi guys, Has anyone heard anything or has been told a date for GS? Brisbane base.

TomFen87
15th Oct 2018, 23:02
Went to an interview with Mam in BNE over a month ago, does anyone know when there will be a ground school, or has anyone got an email or phone call?

Security (ASIC) checks were started by most mid SEP shortly after the interview as well as reference check emails. Most are on medicals now. Someone rang the other day and no GS date in sight. Usually won't until they have enough passed the medical stage to start a GS.

B.Alexander
16th Oct 2018, 23:47
All green ticks for me :)
waiting for the medical email

workinthesky
17th Oct 2018, 05:50
Are you BNE based?

Madi_burr
18th Oct 2018, 07:18
I'm a week into my EP's atm, don't stress apparently there's about 2-3 more MAM groups coming through after mine. There's already been 2 before this one. I think the next will be over Christmas but don't get your hopes up 😬

workinthesky
19th Oct 2018, 02:08
Thanks Madi, Good luck with your EP,s.Are you enjoying it?

SparklingWater
21st Oct 2018, 11:32

Hey Baliboi.
I think we were at the same recruitment day.

I have have completed my security checks, X-reference checks and completed my Boday Care Pre-Employment last Friday 12 October 2018. I still haven’t heard anything back. I rang the doctors office where I attended and they said they have already given the results to Qantas.
Have you heard anything yet ?
Do you know how long it takes ?
TIA

Holly_1711
21st Oct 2018, 14:09
Hey everyone 👋
I’m from Perth Base, I came home from Sydney ground school last week due to me getting an infection and tonsillitis 😭 they’ve put me on hold for 12 months so hopefully I get into another ground school soon! 🤞🏻

I know now it’s hard but don’t stress about the medical or anything, if you’ve made it as far as the medical you will eventually get your call and be off to ground school. It took me 3 weeks to hear for a ground school date after my medical, patience is everything and we got this! 💪🏻✈️

baliboi
21st Oct 2018, 19:51
Hey Baliboi.
I think we were at the same recruitment day.

I have have completed my security checks, X-reference checks and completed my Boday Care Pre-Employment last Friday 12 October 2018. I still haven’t heard anything back. I rang the doctors office where I attended and they said they have already given the results to Qantas.
Have you heard anything yet ?
Do you know how long it takes ?
TIA

No I haven’t heard a thing, hoping no news is good news. They did say at the assement day 6-12 weeks. We’re going into our sixth week now! Hopefully I’ll find out about a medical soon and any possible ground school dates!

workinthesky
22nd Oct 2018, 22:36
Can you tell me what type of aircraft you are learning for domestic?

B.Alexander
23rd Oct 2018, 01:16
PERTH BASED
Medical is tomorrow, I don't think they start contacting people about ground school until a majority have completed medicals.
If it gets around two weeks after the medical maybe send qantas an email asking if they have received the results.

Madi_burr
23rd Oct 2018, 01:18
Thanks Madi, Good luck with your EP,s.Are you enjoying it?

Thanks! Yeah its great. We got really lucky with an amazing instructor and a good small group! It's a lot of theory and information to take in especially if you're new to aviation like me, but I find the exams are really quite easy if you study. Everybody has been really lovely and welcoming so far! the really only bad thing is MAM don't give any food allowances for training haha

workinthesky
23rd Oct 2018, 03:13
Is it 9-5 most days or is a mix of different starts and finishes, also what aircraft are you learning?

workinthesky
23rd Oct 2018, 06:17
Did anyone have to give MAM a water competency certificate and was it tread water for 3 mins and swim freestyle for 50 metres?

Pollygeorge
23rd Oct 2018, 07:05
PERTH BASED
Medical is tomorrow, I don't think they start contacting people about ground school until a majority have completed medicals.
If it gets around two weeks after the medical maybe send qantas an email asking if they have received the results.

B.Alexander when did you hear about your medical? I think we were on the same interview day, so i’m hoping i’ll hear soon too! Good luck tomorrow!!

danlloyd1
23rd Oct 2018, 15:14
Is it 9-5 most days or is a mix of different starts and finishes, also what aircraft are you learning?

My GS was a whole completed mixed bag... some 0430 starts, some 0700 starts, some 1700 starts... it's completely different each day! If on MAM contract, you will learn B737 and A330 aircrafts...

Madi_burr
24th Oct 2018, 03:34
My GS was a whole completed mixed bag... some 0430 starts, some 0700 starts, some 1700 starts... it's completely different each day! If on MAM contract, you will learn B737 and A330 aircrafts...

Yeah exactly the same with ours. It depends on the day, who needs to use the trainer/what you're doing for the day. There are a couple other GS on at the moment and re-current training too.
737's and a330s for short haul :)

B.Alexander
24th Oct 2018, 05:00
B.Alexander when did you hear about your medical? I think we were on the same interview day, so i’m hoping i’ll hear soon too! Good luck tomorrow!!

I got a text and a email about my medical the day after I received all green ticks!
I did the online detail part 20 minutes after received a call from a Melbourne number to book it in.
I found the medical really easy!! I over thought it a lot.. hearing test, vision test, basic exercises like lady push ups squats and lifting weights.
Just waiting on my call from Qantas although I heard from someone else GS starts 30th November so fingers crossed!!!

Pollygeorge
25th Oct 2018, 02:35
I got a text and a email about my medical the day after I received all green ticks!
I did the online detail part 20 minutes after received a call from a Melbourne number to book it in.
I found the medical really easy!! I over thought it a lot.. hearing test, vision test, basic exercises like lady push ups squats and lifting weights.
Just waiting on my call from Qantas although I heard from someone else GS starts 30th November so fingers crossed!!!

I’ve been stressing about the medical too, but you’ve made me feel heaps better! Lady push ups FTW!
I got my text and email today so will let you know how I get on!
Hope you hear from them soon! ✈️

SparklingWater
25th Oct 2018, 09:32
Don't suppose you heard where about the location of the GS was for 30 November?

B.Alexander
26th Oct 2018, 01:38
Don't suppose you heard where about the location of the GS was for 30 November?

All GS are based in Sydney as that is where their training centre and head office is located.

B.Alexander
26th Oct 2018, 01:41
Someone tried to private message me but I am not able to reply!
If anyone from Perth wants to contact me with any questions my Facebook is Briar Learmond :)

rach94
28th Oct 2018, 06:35
Finalllly yay Melbourne base is open again, anyone recently applied?!

baliboi
29th Oct 2018, 22:23
Finally did my medical on Friday, I overthought it so much ahah. Results were sent off to Qantas on Monday! Does anyone know how long the wait is now?

Mirror8
7th Nov 2018, 09:25
No I haven’t heard a thing, hoping no news is good news. They did say at the assement day 6-12 weeks. We’re going into our sixth week now! Hopefully I’ll find out about a medical soon and any possible ground school dates!

Hi everyone,
I attended the assessment day for Melbourne on the 11th of September and my checks have been gradually progressing since then. I completed my reference and background checks late September. Completed my medical on the 10th of October. Been in contact with the Talent Acquisition team RE updates but I’ve been told there are internal processes that need to be completed. Getting a little anxious and worried since it’s been 7 weeks now. Has anyone from MEL been called in for GS? My RSA, First aid and water competency is still pending. Thanks everyone and good luck! :)

givemewings
12th Nov 2018, 15:05
Quick q, are they still including hearing and eye test in medical? Or does QF do that later/separately?

Also the medical email wants you to pay first before you can book, were there many time slots available? I don't want to pay up only to find there's none for a couple of weeks.

thanks

workinthesky
12th Nov 2018, 20:29
Medical appointments were very generous with time slots and they did hearing and eye tests all in the same medical

baliboi
16th Nov 2018, 08:29
Anyone got any tips on ground school, what to expect etc

rach94
21st Nov 2018, 08:15
is anyone attending the AD in Melbourne on 4th of Dec? Also how many people were in everyone’s AD’s getting nervy this one seems way more intense then others.

Mirror8
21st Nov 2018, 08:28
is anyone attending the AD in Melbourne on 4th of Dec? Also how many people were in everyone’s AD’s getting nervy this one seems way more intense then others.

The assessment day I attended had around 20 people... everyone was lovely so don’t worry. I’m not sure what they look for as I honestly couldn’t tell if they liked me or not. It was a surprised to see I made it to the next round. Just be yourself and enjoy :)

givemewings
21st Nov 2018, 15:05
Baliboy,

work hard and study but make sure you take time out for a bit of fun and self care. Balance is key.

givemewings
21st Nov 2018, 15:06
Thanks workinthesky. Things got a bit hectic for me, had to fly interstate short notice as family member was I'll and noe suddenly moving house so I haven't done my medical yet. Hopefully it won't be a problem

givemewings
21st Nov 2018, 15:08
Most vs is in Sydney but if they still have the 737 SIM in Melbourne it's possible you'll spend time there too. I heard in the past that MEL base had done GS there and flew down to Sydney for a few days but I'm not sure if that was just a special case (maybe LH crew converting to SH?)

rach94
22nd Nov 2018, 01:44
Most vs is in Sydney but if they still have the 737 SIM in Melbourne it's possible you'll spend time there too. I heard in the past that MEL base had done GS there and flew down to Sydney for a few days but I'm not sure if that was just a special case (maybe LH crew converting to SH?)

my friend just finished Melbourne based GS they went to Sydney for the service part of the training at the end, from what she has told me everything else was in Melbourne

Chibi88
26th Nov 2018, 03:42
Hey guys, I just received my Xref. How's everyone's doing?

jees111
26th Nov 2018, 04:35
I just received an invite for MEL assessment day on 15th June. Will anybody else be there? Would be great to know someone there :))
Hi Hope you are selected and started flying..
Would you please share the process you had in AD??
Mine is on this Dec 3... Hope you will help..
Thanks in advance

jees111
26th Nov 2018, 11:18
Hi there

Hope you have started training or flying!!
Saw your tread in here..
i have got my AD in Mel On 3rd Dec.
Would you be able to share your interview exp if you dont mind..

Thanks in Advance.
Jees

rach94
26th Nov 2018, 18:54
Hi there

Saw your tread in here..

Thanks in Advance.
Jees

mines on the 4th! Have to let us know how you go!
Also does anyone know if XRef is done via email or phone?

Chibi88
26th Nov 2018, 19:57
Hi there

Saw your tread in here..

Thanks in Advance.
Jees
Good luck! It was behavioural interview consisting few stages on that day. Don't worry, just be yourself. There was around 20 Candidates in the morning.

Chibi88
26th Nov 2018, 19:59
mines on the 4th! Have to let us know how you go!
Also does anyone know if XRef is done via email or phone?
Xref was done via email. Good luck!

dreamjob_99
30th Nov 2018, 21:49
Hi there

Saw your tread in here..

Thanks in Advance.
Jees

Hi Jess, I am based in Brisbane and had my assessment day on September 12th. It went for 3 hours and consisted of group activities we had to make a superhero with 6 features etc. Then we had a written assessment about emergency procedures so you read a piece of paper and answer the questions on the next page. Then was one on one interview and you actually get interviewed by flight attendants so it’s less daunting. 3 months later and I’m finally starting ground school tomorrow. So excited and so nervous. Our ground school is mainly in Brisbane. We go to Sydney for a couple days at the start and fly back home and do training here for 3 weeks. Then we fly to Melbourne for 24hrs. Then we’re off to Sydney for 2 weeks for service training, I graduate on 21st of January but have my first flight on 15th of January.
hope that helps.

57son
2nd Dec 2018, 07:02
I was contacted by MAM about GS startling 17 Dec which would have been in Melbourne. I needed to give more notice so will do GS next year. They don’t have any dates for GS next year but could be either in Melb, Sydney or Brisbane they said.

Princess Noddy
6th Dec 2018, 12:24
Has anyone who attended the ADL assessment day on Wednesday 28th November heard from QF?

em_matto
7th Dec 2018, 01:11
Has anyone who attended the ADL assessment day on Wednesday 28th November heard from QF?

Princess Noddy,
I attended the ADL ad and I received an email from xref to send in my references on 4/12/18. Have you heard anything?

Simba04
8th Dec 2018, 00:53
Many of you talk about green ticks. Am I missing something? The stage I’m up to is waiting for Qantas to get back to me about my reference checks.

Chibi88
8th Dec 2018, 23:11
How was your procedure with ASIC/AusCheck? I received an email to upload it somewhere all my documents, but I have to wait for another email to complete it. How was your process,Is it the same?

Tamika
10th Dec 2018, 03:53

I attended AD on the 4th in Melbourne too! I have completed my reference checks and I'm now waiting to hear back!! The wait is killing me! lol. Were you in the AM or PM session? SO HAPPY I HAVE FOUND THIS THREAD AND SOMEONE FROM THE SAME AD!!! :)

Tamika
10th Dec 2018, 03:55
Has anyone else on here attended AD and completed ref. checks and is waiting to hear back !? :eek:

flylove
10th Dec 2018, 09:33
Hi everyone.
I'm waiting on response from reference check.
Applied for MEL base and attended AD on 4th December. Anyone else from this AD also at the same receuitment stage?

Simba04
10th Dec 2018, 10:15
I also attended the AD on the 4th of December and am waiting to hear back post reference checks. Seems we’re all in the same boat waiting to hear back. Good luck everyone 😀

Jade93
10th Dec 2018, 11:53
Hey guys!
I attended the Melbourne assessment day on Tuesday 4th of December at 9:00am 😊

Received an email from Xref on Thursday 6th in the afternoon to send my references information.

References completed their bit by Friday 7th lunchtime and now I wait... checking my emails every chance I get 🤞🏻😬

Wishing everyone luck and I’ll keep updated here!

Simba04
10th Dec 2018, 21:52
As we all wait patiently I thought I’d share what I’ve prepared for the next stages providing they’re happy with my references it may help others be prepared.

Next from what I’ve read is they’ll ask for an ASIC form to be filled and they’ll need us to send our signed documents so I’ve scanned them ready to go.

Then medical and fitness testing. I’ve been practicing side planks, push ups, sit ups and stretching.

Then at some stage they’ll request my first aid, RSA (current as they expire) and water Competency test.
I found the water Competency test form online rang my local pool and they arranged a lifeguard to test me.
So I now have all three ready for when required.

Hope this helps some.

Jade93
11th Dec 2018, 00:43
As we all wait patiently I thought I’d share what I’ve prepared for the next stages providing they’re happy with my references it may help others be prepared.

Next from what I’ve read is they’ll ask for an ASIC form to be filled and they’ll need us to send our signed documents so I’ve scanned them ready to go.

Then medical and fitness testing. I’ve been practicing side planks, push ups, sit ups and stretching.

Then at some stage they’ll request my first aid, RSA (current as they expire) and water Competency test.
I found the water Competency test form online rang my local pool and they arranged a lifeguard to test me.
So I now have all three ready for when required.

Hope this helps some.

Awesome! Very helpful!

I was reading through this thread last night and seen everything about the water competency test so will have to get that organised this week.

Im in the same boat everything scanned and ready to go! I haven’t done side planks in a long time so have to practice those! Haha

eek! Fingers and toes are crossed everything goes well for everyone 😁

em_matto
11th Dec 2018, 23:06
Yeah I've completed my other certificates it's just the water competency one I've gotta do!! I wish they gave us more time omg I'll be winging it literally!!!! And still no golden call!!!! :(

theskyismyhome,

How did you complete the water competency test? Is there a form from Qantas or does the lifesaver fill something out?

Simba04
12th Dec 2018, 11:10
I just googled Qantas water Competency test and there was a form online. I printed it out and called my local swimming pool and arranged a time to be assessed.

Jade93
13th Dec 2018, 19:28
Got an email yesterday requesting signed documents and a current photo (not sure if they want passport style photo or just one taken at home) and 10 years Address history!

😁😁😁

flylove
14th Dec 2018, 04:22
Anyone receive any further updates recently following reference checks?
I'm still patiently waiting :)

Chibi88
14th Dec 2018, 11:28
Just done with my ASIC-AUSCHECK- background check. All I need to do is to upload the certified documents in their homepage.And also need to upload a current passport size photo. No smile, no hair covering the face. The staff id will be issued then. Currently waiting for all the green ticks. Mine might be longer because I lived In overseas before. All the best

Windowseat1
14th Dec 2018, 12:15
Just done with my ASIC-AUSCHECK- background check. All I need to do is to upload the certified documents in their homepage.And also need to upload a current passport size photo. No smile, no hair covering the face. The staff id will be issued then. Currently waiting for all the green ticks. Mine might be longer because I lived In overseas before. All the best

Hey,
I just completed my ASIC/AUSCHECK today too. For ADL Base. Hope you hear back soon 😃

Chibi88
14th Dec 2018, 23:57
Hey,
I just completed my ASIC/AUSCHECK today too. For ADL Base. Hope you hear back soon 😃
Nice! Hope the process is smooth for you too! :)

Chibi88
18th Dec 2018, 06:25
I was asked to take a new photo since the photo is not clear enough. Took the photo at the post office 😔 Bad choice. I was trying to contact the ID services, but the line was not functioning. Now I'm worried.

Simba04
18th Dec 2018, 08:20
I was asked to take a new photo since the photo is not clear enough. Took the photo at the post office 😔 Bad choice. I was trying to contact the ID services, but the line was not functioning. Now I'm worried.

My post office offered a quality guarantee, I'd go back and demand they retake it for free, mine also for free emailed the pic to me.
I wouldn't stress too much I had to resubmit my form too as it was missing a document.

Chibi88
18th Dec 2018, 08:55
My post office offered a quality guarantee, I'd go back and demand they retake it for free, mine also for free emailed the pic to me.
I wouldn't stress too much I had to resubmit my form too as it was missing a document.
Hi Simba04,
Thanks for sharing. I was asked for extra documents, but I have no idea where shall I upload them since all documents asked were uploaded earlier. Do you have the same issue? Or different? Was trying to call the ID services, but the number can't be reached. Glad to know your photo was fixed.

Simba04
18th Dec 2018, 08:58
Hi Simba04,
Thanks for sharing. I was asked for extra documents, but I have no idea where shall I upload them since all documents asked were uploaded earlier. Do you have the same issue? Or different? Was trying to call the ID services, but the number can't be reached. Glad to know your photo was fixed.

Go back to your original link and you’ll be able to go on and edit your paper work and resubmit your photo.

Windowseat1
18th Dec 2018, 12:09
Hi Simba04,
I had to resubmit my Forms today as well. When I called ID services I couldn’t get through either. Not sure why they would offer a number for help that’s not working.

Simba04
18th Dec 2018, 19:30
I called them yesterday too as I was unable to delete my passport and add my license instead, I got through, I was informed that after 6pm the forms would be updated and they were. I’ve now deleted my passport and added my license and resubmitted.

Good luck all

Jade93
19th Dec 2018, 08:12
[QUOTE=Simba04;10338759]I called them yesterday too as I was unable to delete my passport and add my license instead, I got through, I was informed that after 6pm the forms would be updated and they were. I’ve now deleted my passport and added my license and resubmitted.

Good luck all[/QUOTE

I got the email as well yesterday but my license is being sent out via mail because it needed renewal so I’m guessing I have to wait until I get it 😥😓 do we need these other documents signed by a qantas employee again? (All the documents I got signed on open day we’re uploaded and now they need more)

Eve Melbourne
19th Dec 2018, 13:05
Who attended the 4th of December assessment day at the 1pm-4pm session I have made it through past the refx checks and going to the airport to tomorrow to get one of the Qantas crew mangers to sign off on my documents.

For the security ASIC card. I been told it can take 5-6 weeks to clear but just depends. Can be quicker then that I know the next ground school is end of January was in the preparation on the Ad day so excited guys!!

To all who have made it to this stage you pretty much have the job congrats!! just have to pass security and medical. I personally think the process is going very fast. I would love to hear from you if you are in the same boat as me. 😊

Windowseat1
19th Dec 2018, 15:59
[QUOTE=Simba04;10338759]I called them yesterday too as I was unable to delete my passport and add my license instead, I got through, I was informed that after 6pm the forms would be updated and they were. I’ve now deleted my passport and added my license and resubmitted.

Good luck all[/QUOTE

I got the email as well yesterday but my license is being sent out via mail because it needed renewal so I’m guessing I have to wait until I get it 😥😓 do we need these other documents signed by a qantas employee again? (All the documents I got signed on open day we’re uploaded and now they need more)
Sorry that sounds so annoying. Hope it gets sorted soon. I received an email to give an additional document for Category C as there was a recent change since the assessment day. We now had to give 2x documents for Category C. I did Medicare and a bankcard. I met one of the Managers at the airport in Adelaide to get the document signed. On Dec 14th.

She said the change literally came in effect a week ago. If you received that email then there should be an email address for one of the managers if you had any issues.

I hope this helps. Good luck. 😊

Tamika
19th Dec 2018, 19:40
Who attended the 4th of December assessment day at the 1pm-4pm session I have made it through past the refx checks and going to the airport to tomorrow to get one of the Qantas crew mangers to sign off on my documents.

For the security ASIC card. I been told it can take 5-6 weeks to clear but just depends. Can be quicker then that I know the next ground school is end of January was in the preparation on the Ad day so excited guys!!

To all who have made it to this stage you pretty much have the job congrats!! just have to pass security and medical. I personally think the process is going very fast. I would love to hear from you if you are in the same boat as me. 😊

I attended the AD on the 4th but the morning session. Completed reference checks last week but havent heard anything since 😭😭😭 Starting to lose hope now with everyone hearing further already.

Simba04
20th Dec 2018, 01:17

Good luck all[/QUOTE

Dont stress everyones resubmitting by the sounds I have to now get a bank card witnessed and attach it through with my medicare card or licence. There's only room for 4 documents but they now need 5 so one now has to be photocopied and attached with another and put through together. We'll all get there.

Chaflyi
21st Dec 2018, 13:37

Good luck all[/QUOTE

I also have the same situation as my license is expired and I have to wait for another 2-3weeks to get the new one dues to Christmas and New Years period, I am now a little worried that my application won’t process through the next stage as I will not have anything to update my documents until after new year. anyone else have the same issue or have any suggestion who should I contact?

Chibi88
21st Dec 2018, 14:08
[QUOTE=Jade93;10339141]

I also have the same situation as my license is expired and I have to wait for another 2-3weeks to get the new one dues to Christmas and New Years period, I am now a little worried that my application won’t process through the next stage as I will not have anything to update my documents until after new year. anyone else have the same issue or have any suggestion who should I contact?

Have you try contacting the ID services? They told me it Is fine if we have to wait to resubmit any new document as it is understandable .I then called Perth office yesterday and went to the airport to certify my credit card. Don't worry. They will process yours after the holiday. It won't affect anything.

Jade93
21st Dec 2018, 19:01
Hey guys!

Update since I last posted, thanks for your replies :)

I ended up calling them and they said that I only needed my bank card and Medicare card for my extra docs (not my license), I’m getting them signed off on the 28th when I come back from holidays. Then I will resubmit, they said that was all good!

Hope everyone has a nice Christmas and hope to hear good things for all of us in the new year!! 😁🤞🏻✈️

Simba04
21st Dec 2018, 19:26
Hey guys!

Update since I last posted, thanks for your replies :)

I ended up calling them and they said that I only needed my bank card and Medicare card for my extra docs (not my license), I’m getting them signed off on the 28th when I come back from holidays. Then I will resubmit, they said that was all good!

Hope everyone has a nice Christmas and hope to hear good things for all of us in the new year!! 😁🤞🏻✈️

Hmmm I was required to have 5 documents, My birth certificate, licence, Medicare and Bankcard (on the same page) and my rate notice. I had to get it all resigned yesterday even though some were already correct but because they all need to be signed by the same manager.

Be careful those who are getting bits of documents signed at different times as you'll need to chase down the same manager to sign your licences too.

flylove
21st Dec 2018, 20:03
Hey everyone,
I am also waiting on some things. I wouldn't stress about it all too much. I think the holiday season is actually a good thing for all of us, especially those awaiting ID documents, as the holiday break season will slow the 'whole recruitment process' down, allowing more time for us to get things organised.
I'm personally not expecting any further update or development until at least the first week of the new year.
Safe and happy Festive Season to all of you :)
Let's hope the new year brings good news for us all :)

Chaflyi
22nd Dec 2018, 01:21
[QUOTE=Chaflyi;10341480]

Have you try contacting the ID services? They told me it Is fine if we have to wait to resubmit any new document as it is understandable .I then called Perth office yesterday and went to the airport to certify my credit card. Don't worry. They will process yours after the holiday. It won't affect anything.

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I have to wait until Monday as they’re closed Saturday and Sunday. May I ask which office did you called? Is it QF office or just the airport office, where do you get the number from? As I need my documents to be signed as well.

Chibi88
22nd Dec 2018, 11:41
[QUOTE=Chibi88;10341498]

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I have to wait until Monday as they’re closed Saturday and Sunday. May I ask which office did you called? Is it QF office or just the airport office, where do you get the number from? As I need my documents to be signed as well.
Hi there,
Yes, the Perth Cabin Crew Base office. It's at the airport. I got the number from the QF Sydney office when they sent me the email base number for any enquiries. Or else when you call the 1300 number get them to provide you your base office number on Monday. Hope all go smoothly for you.

Chaflyi
22nd Dec 2018, 13:08
[QUOTE=Chaflyi;10341922][left]
Hi there,
Yes, the Perth Cabin Crew Base office. It's at the airport. I got the number from the QF Sydney office when they sent me the email base number for any enquiries. Or else when you call the 1300 number get them to provide you your base office number on Monday. Hope all go smoothly for you.

thank you 🙏🏽

Simba04
23rd Dec 2018, 06:29

Meeee I was at the afternoon session. I can't wait to find out our ground school date. I too have found the process quick. As I knew it was intensive and therefore thought the initial processes would take longer.

Simba04
29th Dec 2018, 21:51
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas. How is everyone progressing, I've finally after 4 attempts had my id document paperwork approved. Can't wait to hear more in the new year from HR.

Chibi88
29th Dec 2018, 22:01
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas. How is everyone progressing, I've finally after 4 attempts had my id document paperwork approved. Can't wait to hear more in the new year from HR.
Merry Christmas to you,
Thanks to you after 2 attempts I now only waiting for 2 more ticks. 😊

Simba04
29th Dec 2018, 22:04
Merry Christmas to you,
Thanks to you after 2 attempts I now only waiting for 2 more ticks. 😊

I'm glad I was able to help you, I had to submit my marriage certificate but it's all sorted now thankfully. :)

flylove
7th Jan 2019, 23:56
Happy New Year to everyone.
Anyone had any further update recently?

Eve Melbourne
8th Jan 2019, 05:03
Hi guy's can anyone tell me how far along you guys are in the ACIS check?? I only have 3 more green ticks to go excited as!! I think everything is going pretty fast.

How are you all going? Anyone from Melbourne assessment day 4th December. Shouldn't be to far away now. Then medical Hope to get into the first ground school. We have a wassap page to for the people that where at the 4th December in Melbourne love for you guys to join if you where there as we are all in the same boat with this process all the best to everyone going through 🎉

Simba04
8th Jan 2019, 07:20
I was in the 4th of December assessment day too and I too only need three more green ticks. I can’t wait and keep checking my emails. I’d love to join the what’s app. It would be awesome to know people before ground school.

Eve Melbourne
8th Jan 2019, 08:28
I was in the 4th of December assessment day too and I too only need three more green ticks. I can’t wait and keep checking my emails. I’d love to join the what’s app. It would be awesome to know people before ground school. That's awesome!! I'm so excited for you looks like we will be in the same ground school. Add me on fb Eva Morehu and dm me your number I'll add you to the group. Let's hope rest of our process his fast 😊

Tamika
8th Jan 2019, 09:23
I am from Melbourne assessment day on the 4th of December too and just got an email today saying im through to security checks !! I am so excited !! Would love to know more details about the whatsapp group !! Cant wait to chat more to you all. What an exciting time !!

Catherine_93
9th Jan 2019, 15:37
Hello everyone
So glad that I could reach this website where we can share where we are at in our applications.
I’m from ADL AD November the 28th. Still waiting for all my ticks to be done ✅ . There is four more ticks
Is anyone one in the same boat ?

Catherine_93
9th Jan 2019, 15:42
Happy New Year to everyone.
Anyone had any further update recently?

Happy new year flylove :)
still waiting for all my ticks to be done ✅ I just track my ASIC application as soon as I wake up every morning 🤦🏻*♀️

Simba04
10th Jan 2019, 21:59
Happy new year flylove :)
still waiting for all my ticks to be done ✅ I just track my ASIC application as soon as I wake up every morning 🤦🏻*♀️

Same here I’m just waiting for more ticks too. I may check more than once a day 🙈

Chibi88
11th Jan 2019, 03:34
Happy New Year guys,

I am going to do my medical check up next week once I'm back from Japan. So excited. How's everyone's progress? I got all tick completed. :)

Simba04
11th Jan 2019, 03:52
Happy New Year guys,

I am going to do my medical check up next week once I'm back from Japan. So excited. How's everyone's progress? I got all tick completed. :)

Thats awesome, can I ask what assessment day did you attend?

Chibi88
11th Jan 2019, 03:55
Thats awesome, can I ask what assessment day did you attend?
Mine was on 22 Nov 2018 In Perth.

Simba04
11th Jan 2019, 03:59
Mine was on 22 Nov 2018 In Perth.

Thanks for being quick, awesome mine was ten days after, hopefully I get all my green ticks ASAP and then medical.

Chibi88
11th Jan 2019, 07:19
Thanks for being quick, awesome mine was ten days after, hopefully I get all my green ticks ASAP and then medical.
Don't worry, yours will be soon too! Keep updating each other ok!

Catherine_93
11th Jan 2019, 11:28
Happy New Year guys,

Hey Chibi88
I received the medical email today advising to make the payment and answer a questionnaire. I did but I haven’t heard back to schedule an appointment yet. I also still got some ticks to be done. ( I’m Adelaide base ) AD 28th of November

Chibi88
12th Jan 2019, 03:56
Hey Chibi88
I received the medical email today advising to make the payment and answer a questionnaire. I did but I haven’t heard back to schedule an appointment yet. I also still got some ticks to be done. ( I’m Adelaide base ) AD 28th of November
Hi Catherine93,
I guess they will call you on Monday for the appointment. Don't worry, maybe they haven't update your ID services or they just wanted to expedite the process, either way seems good :) All the best and keep us posted.

Catherine_93
12th Jan 2019, 04:12
Hi Catherine93,
I guess they will call you on Monday for the appointment. Don't worry, maybe they haven't update your ID services or they just wanted to expedite the process, either way seems good :) All the best and keep us posted.

Thank you so much Chibi ♥️
I will let you know guys about any updates. Good luck for you 😘

flylove
15th Jan 2019, 06:53
Hi everyone,
For those who received the email for the medical, can you please advise - did the email come from QF, or from someone else?
Anyone from Melb ADs received medical email yet? Hoping it will come soon 🙏😀

Jade93
15th Jan 2019, 18:58
Hey flylove! I’m from Melbourne AD and I received an email from an external company not QF, I had to pay first then they asked me to do a questionnaire then was called to book in medical! Hopefully your email is coming! I didn’t have all my green ticks I’m still missing some! Hope this helps!

flylove
15th Jan 2019, 21:12
Hey flylove! I’m from Melbourne AD and I received an email from an external company not QF, I had to pay first then they asked me to do a questionnaire then was called to book in medical! Hopefully your email is coming! I didn’t have all my green ticks I’m still missing some! Hope this helps!
Thanks Jade93 :)
I have all green ticks completed.
I will keep looking out for the medical email. Yes hopefully will come soon.
Well done to everyone so far x

Windowseat1
16th Jan 2019, 16:09
[QUOTE=Chibi88;10358455]Hi Catherine93,
I guess they will call you on Monday for the appointment. Don't worry, maybe they haven't update your ID services or they just wanted to expedite the process, either way seems good :) All the best and keep us posted.[/QUOTE

Hey, I just booked in for my medical next week. For Adelaide Base. Feels like it’s getting close now. 😄😄

Chibi88
16th Jan 2019, 23:34
[QUOTE=Chibi88;10358455]Hi Catherine93,
I guess they will call you on Monday for the appointment. Don't worry, maybe they haven't update your ID services or they just wanted to expedite the process, either way seems good :) All the best and keep us posted.[/QUOTE

Hey, I just booked in for my medical next week. For Adelaide Base. Feels like it’s getting close now. 😄😄
Yayy!That's great! Let us know your progress!😊😄

Catherine_93
17th Jan 2019, 05:39
Hello everyone
I’ve done the medical test and still have some green ticks to get them done.
How is everyone progressing??
Just to remind you: my AD was on 28th of NOV / ADL base

Bloom123
18th Jan 2019, 05:35
Hello everyone

Hi, I also attended ADL AD, I sent you a message.

-----------------------------------------

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

Chibi88
18th Jan 2019, 06:35
Hello everyone
Hey Catherine,
I had my medical test done too! And now been waiting for ID card printing for the last 8days. Lol.

Catherine_93
18th Jan 2019, 09:39
Hey Catherine,
I had my medical test done too! And now been waiting for ID card printing for the last 8days. Lol.

Wow, that’s great 😍
So did you get the AusCheck done ?!! Because I haven’t yet.
And you’re gonna be based in ADL, aren’t you??? Hopefully we’re gonna be in the same GS 🙏🏼

Bloom123
18th Jan 2019, 10:06
Hello everyone

Hi, I’m also ADL base, still waiting for 3 green ticks, did my medical on Wednesday. How are you progressing?

Chibi88
21st Jan 2019, 13:20
Wow, that’s great 😍
So did you get the AusCheck done ?!! Because I haven’t yet.
And you’re gonna be based in ADL, aren’t you??? Hopefully we’re gonna be in the same GS 🙏🏼
Oh no.. I'm a Perth base! But hopefully we'll see each other In Sydney one day! And yes, all the green ticks are cleared. All the best. Now it's waiting game

Catherine_93
21st Jan 2019, 14:27
Oh no.. I'm a Perth base! But hopefully we'll see each other In Sydney one day! And yes, all the green ticks are cleared. All the best. Now it's waiting game

Hopefully 🙏🏼
Wish you the best of luck 😘😘 and let us know your progress 😍

flylove
22nd Jan 2019, 03:32
Hi guy's can anyone tell me how far along you guys are in the ACIS check?? I only have 3 more green ticks to go excited as!! I think everything is going pretty fast.

How are you all going? Anyone from Melbourne assessment day 4th December. Shouldn't be to far away now. Then medical Hope to get into the first ground school. We have a wassap page to for the people that where at the 4th December in Melbourne love for you guys to join if you where there as we are all in the same boat with this process all the best to everyone going through 🎉
Hi Eve Melbourne,
How is your application progrressing? I am from Melbourne AD too.
Have you received your medical email yet? I am still waiting for mine.
Anyone else from Melbourne AD on Dec 4th still awaiting medical email?

Jade93
23rd Jan 2019, 01:30
Hi Eve Melbourne,
How is your application progrressing? I am from Melbourne AD too.
Have you received your medical email yet? I am still waiting for mine.
Anyone else from Melbourne AD on Dec 4th still awaiting medical email?

hey! I’m from Melbourne ad 4th December :)
i received my medical email last Monday and have now completed medical, I would definitely ring them to get an update on when your medical email is coming!!

Chibi88
24th Jan 2019, 06:15
After a week I was told today to go and see my GP to redo my eye test. Since my eyesight is not good, and I'm wearing contact lenses all the time. What a weird things to be a problem. I was flying these 12 years with contact lenses and now it's a problem. :( Not quite happy with this

flylove
24th Jan 2019, 21:11
After a week I was told today to go and see my GP to redo my eye test. Since my eyesight is not good, and I'm wearing contact lenses all the time. What a weird things to be a problem. I was flying these 12 years with contact lenses and now it's a problem. :( Not quite happy with this
oh no Chibi88 that must be a bit frustrating for you. I guess the upside is they are giving you an opportunity to get it double checked, rather than just knocking you out.
Hopefully you can get the check done quickly. Good luck 💜

Chibi88
25th Jan 2019, 02:34
oh no Chibi88 that must be a bit frustrating for you. I guess the upside is they are giving you an opportunity to get it double checked, rather than just knocking you out.
Hopefully you can get the check done quickly. Good luck 💜
Thank you Flylove,
I guess I was pretty upset since it was a long process. But I've seen my GP and all good now. Actually Bodycare explained It was just a formality, to confirm that I am wearing contact lense with prescription, and not having a severe condition. Lol, I feel better now 😆😅. How's your progress?

flylove
29th Jan 2019, 21:19
Everything has gone very quiet! Anyone received any further updates lately?

Catherine_93
30th Jan 2019, 00:59
Everything has gone very quiet! Anyone received any further updates lately?

yes flylove .. nothing new since we’ve done the medical test.
I’ve just got some more green ticks and still have two more.
I’m really tired of waiting 🤦🏻*♀️😔

Chibi88
30th Jan 2019, 02:00
yes flylove .. nothing new since we’ve done the medical test.
I’ve just got some more green ticks and still have two more.
I’m really tired of waiting 🤦🏻*♀️😔
It's a long wait. Are you guys working at the moment? It's gonna be very last minute for a notice then. I'm bored😏😑

Catherine_93
30th Jan 2019, 02:14
It's a long wait. Are you guys working at the moment? It's gonna be very last minute for a notice then. I'm bored😏😑

yes I’m. But as casual so pretty much bored as well. I can give notice two weeks prior. Do you reckon they gonna give us less than two weeks notice?
Also, I think public holidays caused this long delay :(

Chaflyi
1st Feb 2019, 04:53
Guys finally the wait is over! Just received the call today got offered the position, for those who are still waiting might expect to get the call from MAM soon too! Keep us updated and see you in Sydney on the 4th of March xox

Catherine_93
1st Feb 2019, 09:49
Guys finally the wait is over! Just received the call today got offered the position, for those who are still waiting might expect to get the call from MAM soon too! Keep us updated and see you in Sydney on the 4th of March xox

OMG congraaaaaaats .. Good luck ♥️♥️ 😍😍😍😍
which base are you ??

Windowseat1
1st Feb 2019, 09:54

Such awesome news, and plenty of notice too. Good luck and hope you have a blast!! 🙃🙃

Jade93
1st Feb 2019, 12:23
Me too!! Got the call at lunchtime today and start training on the 4th of March! So keen! Can’t wait for everyone to get their call and to meet you all!

Catherine_93
1st Feb 2019, 12:34
Me too!! Got the call at lunchtime today and start training on the 4th of March! So keen! Can’t wait for everyone to get their call and to meet you all!

How exciting !!! Good Luck Jade ♥️♥️🙏🏼🙏🏼
I haven’t heard back yet..

Chaflyi
1st Feb 2019, 13:39
OMG congraaaaaaats .. Good luck ♥️♥️ 😍😍😍😍
which base are you ??

Melbourne base, what about you? :) :)

Chaflyi
1st Feb 2019, 13:41

Congrats to you!! are you melb base? See you in Sydney.

Catherine_93
1st Feb 2019, 16:04
Melbourne base, what about you? :) :)
I’m ADL base. And still waiting..

flylove
1st Feb 2019, 21:34
To everyone who has received their Golden Call, a massive congratulations to you all. That is such brillianr news! :ok: so happy for you :)
Hopefully mine is still on it's way :rolleyes:

Simba04
1st Feb 2019, 21:47
To everyone who has received their Golden Call, a massive congratulations to you all. That is such brillianr news! :ok: so happy for you :)
Hopefully mine is still on it's way :rolleyes:

yes congratulations to those who’ve got their calls.

Im sure they only just started calling people last night, plenty of us still waiting. Not long now 😀

Chibi88
2nd Feb 2019, 00:34
Congratulations guys! So happy to hear this. I hope the rest of us will get the call soon too! 😅 It looks like most of the first calls are for MEL aren't they?🎉

Windowseat1
2nd Feb 2019, 01:29
Congratulations guys! So happy to hear this. I hope the rest of us will get the call soon too! 😅 It looks like most of the first calls are for MEL aren't they?🎉

I think you might be right. I’m Adelaide Base. AD 28th Nov. and still waiting.

Good luck in GS guys. 😊😊

Jade93
2nd Feb 2019, 03:39
Congrats to you!! are you melb base? See you in Sydney.

yay!! I’m melb base :)

Katielee
3rd Feb 2019, 07:51
Has anyone applied for Mam casual cc sydney based?
The job posted Jan 25th and I applied on 26th,

However I did not get any email from MAM.

Not even application acknowledgement email such as 'thanks for the application...'

Can anybody please tell me if you get one after applied?

Windowseat1
3rd Feb 2019, 11:47

Not even application acknowledgement email such as 'thanks for the application...'

Hey,

No acknowledgement email.
After about 2 weeks if they are interested they will send you a questionnaire. Then if your successful they will send an invitation to a Assessment Day.

Good luck. 😀

Catherine_93
3rd Feb 2019, 12:08
I think you might be right. I’m Adelaide Base. AD 28th Nov. and still waiting.

Good luck in GS guys. 😊😊

We’re in the same boat. Let’s hope something for tomorrow 🙏🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Catherine_93
3rd Feb 2019, 12:12

I’ve just checked my emails up. There’s no acknowledgement email. Don’t worry 😘
Good luck and let us know your progress 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Tinamariexo
4th Feb 2019, 13:17
Hey guys
soooo exciting to have received my Golden call today:)
look forward to GS
Perth based

We’re in the same boat. Let’s hope something for tomorrow 🙏🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Catherine_93
4th Feb 2019, 18:10
Hey guys
soooo exciting to have received my Golden call today:)
look forward to GS
Perth based

Congratulations 😍😍😍
when is it gonna start ??
Good luck ♥️♥️

Tinamariexo
4th Feb 2019, 18:48
Thanks hun
GS first day 7 of March , Fly out in 4 weeks
Bring on Sydney 💞💞💞✈️🌍

Congratulations 😍😍😍
when is it gonna start ??
Good luck ♥️♥️

em_matto
6th Feb 2019, 06:14
Hey guys! I’m Adelaide Base. Has anyone else from Adelaide got their golden call yet? Still waiting 🤞🏼 :)

Catherine_93
6th Feb 2019, 17:02
Hey guys! I’m Adelaide Base. Has anyone else from Adelaide got their golden call yet? Still waiting 🤞🏼 :)

I haven’t. Still waiting 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Bloom123
6th Feb 2019, 17:59

Hi I’m also ADL base, what stage are you up to?

em_matto
6th Feb 2019, 19:50

I’ve got all my green ticks and finished my medical almost 3 weeks ago now :) how about you?

Windowseat1
6th Feb 2019, 20:42

Im ADL Base and I’m still waiting. I had my medical 2 weeks ago, and that’s the last I’ve heard. What about everybody else?

flylove
6th Feb 2019, 21:21
Im ADL Base and I’m still waiting. I had my medical 2 weeks ago, and that’s the last I’ve heard. What about everybody else?Hey everyone,
I'm MEL base and haven't received any further update since medical 16 days ago..
We will get there guys!

Bloom123
6th Feb 2019, 23:35
Im ADL Base and I’m still waiting. I had my medical 2 weeks ago, and that’s the last I’ve heard. What about everybody else?

Yes same, had my medical 3 weeks ago now, and haven’t heard anything back since.

Bloom123
7th Feb 2019, 02:51
I’ve got all my green ticks and finished my medical almost 3 weeks ago now :) how about you?

Ive still got one more green tick to go. I did my medical 3 weeks ago also. Do you have any form of social media, Facebook? Can communicate on there maybe. 😊

Windowseat1
7th Feb 2019, 04:18
Ive still got one more green tick to go. I did my medical 3 weeks ago also. Do you have any form of social media, Facebook? Can communicate on there maybe. 😊

Apparently there is a bunch of girls going maternity leave in Adelaide this year. So I’m confident they haven’t forgotten us.

Im not getting excited until they ask for our Water Competency, First Aid and RSA certicate. Thats when you’re really close.

Hang in in there guys. 😊

em_matto
7th Feb 2019, 07:42

Hi! We're in a similar boat! I have Facebook. My name is Emily Mattingly :) feel free to add me or message

Jade93
7th Feb 2019, 08:29
Apparently there is a bunch of girls going maternity leave in Adelaide this year. So I’m confident they haven’t forgotten us.

Im not getting excited until they ask for our Water Competency, First Aid and RSA certicate. Thats when you’re really close.

Hang in in there guys. 😊

hey hey!!

They ask for water competency, rsa and first aid after the golden call! I got the call on Friday just gone and received an email yesterday to provide the above certificates! Hang in there everyone!!

flylove
11th Feb 2019, 04:20
Hey gang!
Anyone received any further update since the last post? I haven't heard anything...still patiently waiting! 😊

em_matto
11th Feb 2019, 05:47
Hey guys. I’m Adelaide base, just got the call today!

Windowseat1
11th Feb 2019, 05:55

Great News! When do you start.? 😊

em_matto
11th Feb 2019, 05:56
Great News! When do you start.? 😊

thank you :) I start 12th March !

flylove
11th Feb 2019, 06:06
That's fantastic em_matto
Congratulations!! I was beginning to think things had come to a big halt.
Well done....hopefully good news is coming soon for more of us :)

Katielee
11th Feb 2019, 06:07
I’ve just checked my emails up. There’s no acknowledgement email. Don’t worry 😘
Good luck and let us know your progress 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Have you gotten email yet? I'm checking my box everyday and it's been 2 weeks now since the job advertisement.. ::((

em_matto
11th Feb 2019, 06:14
That's fantastic em_matto
Congratulations!! I was beginning to think things had come to a big halt.
Well done....hopefully good news is coming soon for more of us :)

Thank you! What is your status? Hopefully some news ASAP

flylove
11th Feb 2019, 09:11
I'm still waiting to hear em_matto.
Yes hopefully some good news soon. 🙂🙂

Catherine_93
11th Feb 2019, 14:54
Have you gotten email yet? I'm checking my box everyday and it's been 2 weeks now since the job advertisement.. ::((

Oh No I’m at a different stage. I received the golden call today and I hope you will reach this stage soon as well 😘♥️
But when you asked us I went back to the old emails to remember and make sure but I couldn’t find any acknowledgement email so I told you there’s nothing to worry about, just be patient and let it go 😘
Wish you all the best of luck ♥️

Catherine_93
17th Feb 2019, 00:36
Hello everyone
I’m just wondering has anyone who received the Golden Call been asked at any stage so far to get RSA, First Aid and Water Competency ?

Simba04
17th Feb 2019, 00:39
Hello everyone
I’m just wondering has anyone who received the Golden Call been asked at any stage so far to get RSA, First Aid and Water Competency ?

I got an email about 5 days after my golden call to submit them.

Catherine_93
17th Feb 2019, 00:43
I got an email about 5 days after my golden call to submit them.
Oh thank you so much Simba 😘
I’ll be based in Melbourne now and my GS is on the 4th. Can I contact you on FB or anything?

Simba04
17th Feb 2019, 01:31
Oh thank you so much Simba 😘
I’ll be based in Melbourne now and my GS is on the 4th. Can I contact you on FB or anything?

my friend will contact you x