PDA

View Full Version : Starting again.

nowayman
4th Apr 2018, 13:43
Hi all,
Looking for any info and guidance from anyone who has had a bit over 12 months off flying and looking to get back into it? Got 3000 hours, a320 rated and have worked for a major. I notice a lot of companies require last flight within a specific time frame but does anyone know a way around this or any companies not requiring this? Or is there something I could do that i'm not aware of to get going again? No health issues or problems with licence, was just needed elsewhere for a while, an unforeseen circumstance.
Thanks

Intruder
5th Apr 2018, 00:08
Get your Instrument Currency check.

parabellum
5th Apr 2018, 01:04
As Intruder says, re-new your instrument rating, possibly get a base check in as well just to show willing.

nowayman
5th Apr 2018, 09:24
I could contact the Ansett Training Centre and do an IR renewal there which i'm more than happy to do. Not sure I understand the base check. I've done it before while employed in the airline but not sure how it works privately per se.
Are you guys speaking from experience or just spitballing?

Thanks for the advice!

Intruder
5th Apr 2018, 21:05
I was out of the cockpit for 4 years after I retired from the Navy. When I got the opportunity to fly 747s, I did a couple hours in a C172 sim, took my Instrument Currency check, and built up another 50 hours in Aeronca Champ.

It worked for me!

flyboyike
6th Apr 2018, 10:44
Hi all,
Looking for any info and guidance from anyone who has had a bit over 12 months off flying and looking to get back into it? Got 3000 hours, a320 rated and have worked for a major. I notice a lot of companies require last flight within a specific time frame but does anyone know a way around this or any companies not requiring this? Or is there something I could do that i'm not aware of to get going again? No health issues or problems with licence, was just needed elsewhere for a while, an unforeseen circumstance.
Thanks

Won't that same major hire you back?