PDA

View Full Version : Belfast City Airport-2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

DUB19
8th Jul 2020, 18:58
[QUOTE=panpanpanpan;10832233]Good to see another route returning. Did KLM ever increase their flights or were they once per day Monday to Friday? I know there was rumour of an early morning departure at one stage but don't remember it actually happening.]

I think a second frequency with KL is overdue at this stage. The route clearly has the demand to support it. Do KL have any plans to introduce more flights?

Alteagod
8th Jul 2020, 21:26
The problem apparently was trying to get an 0630 departure from BHD. That issue may now have gone withe BE demise

Alteagod
9th Jul 2020, 10:28
I suspect things probably changed a bit since the Ryanair days at BHD and locals not so willing to be accommodating to pre 0630 noise.

Startledgrapefruit
9th Jul 2020, 11:44
I suspect things probably changed a bit since the Ryanair days at BHD and locals not so willing to be accommodating to pre 0630 noise.
Locals !!
Most of the "Locals" as usual were not local and then the good Dr who was head of her own PR company had her army out telling the residents the planes would be flying so low they would need to cut your chimney pots off.
Wonder who gave her all the funding ?

PinOnTheRight
9th Jul 2020, 19:21
The problem apparently was trying to get an 0630 departure from BHD. That issue may now have gone withe BE demise

While an 0630 departure from BHD shouldn't be an issue, I suspect they'd ideally want out before this. The majority of their first wave UK tend to fall between 0600-0610, and Dublin even earlier at 0555 to make connections for their second wave AMS departures.

DUB19
9th Jul 2020, 19:22
While an 0630 departure from BHD shouldn't be an issue, I suspect they'd ideally want out before this. The majority of their first wave UK tend to fall between 0600-0610, and Dublin even earlier at 0555 to make connections for their second wave AMS departures.

aren’t there restrictions in place which limit flights beyond 9pm and before 6am?

Startledgrapefruit
9th Jul 2020, 19:59
aren’t there restrictions in place which limit flights beyond 9pm and before 6am?
0630 to 2130 scheduled flights
Extensions granted to 2359
After that curfew

​​​​​​

PinOnTheRight
9th Jul 2020, 20:02

I believe it's 0630-2130 local. Extensions beyond 2130 can be granted by the ADM but I don't think there are exceptions to pre 0630 departures.

Geolog
9th Jul 2020, 20:14
Interesting article tucked away in today's Daily Mail, indicating that a further £11m has now been allocated to maintain 5 sea freight routes GB to NI and to cover flights to BHD and LDY 'which are at risk of being cut off without Govt support'. No time frame indicated. Yet Easy from BFS and Ryan from DUB are operating similar routes ostensibly without subsidy.

Startledgrapefruit
9th Jul 2020, 21:30
Interesting article tucked away in today's Daily Mail, indicating that a further £11m has now been allocated to maintain 5 sea freight routes GB to NI and to cover flights to BHD and LDY 'which are at risk of being cut off without Govt support'. No time frame indicated. Yet Easy from BFS and Ryan from DUB are operating similar routes ostensibly without subsidy.
Probably to prevent a monopoly or have back up incase of another airline failure.
But most likely government back handers to corrupted people who upset kittens.

Alteagod
12th Jul 2020, 12:19
According to a poster on SOU thread an announcement is being made this week regarding BHD. Is this the Stobart story??

mart901
12th Jul 2020, 12:46
According to a poster on SOU thread an announcement is being made this week regarding BHD. Is this the Stobart story??

Blue Islands doing a lot of expansion at SOU, a route to BHD would be a logical next step.

cuthere
12th Jul 2020, 12:54
If you actually read the Southampton thread, it’s clear the airline in question is Eastern.

Eastern W20/21 ScheduleAs mentioned in the Eastern thread they have released their initial winter schedule. Looks as though they will be getting some more ATR72-600 as their current planned Southampton schedule indicates that 4 of them will be based!

- Aberdeen and Teesside not on sale yet.
- Leeds Bradford reduced to 11x weekly J41.
- Belfast City, Dublin and Newcastle all 12 weekly with a morning and evening flight on weekdays and one flight Sat/Sun

allan1987
12th Jul 2020, 13:02
I think it might be as on the 3rd July on Belfast City Aiport facebook page a video was put about the BA Cityflyer Belfast City to London City new route, also said this a start of number announcements over a fortnight.
The only new announcement at moment so far has been the restart of KLM to Amsterdam

SWBKCB
12th Jul 2020, 13:02
SOU-BHD bookable on the Eastern website - 2 flights on weekdays, Atr-72.

mart901
12th Jul 2020, 13:05
I'd forgotten Eastern were up and running on SOU. Possibly Blue Islands may do EXT? They have increased presence there

allan1987
13th Jul 2020, 00:07

Blue Islands Loganair codeshare, confirmed.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-53380327

Will just need to see now if Stobart Air and Eastern Airways Tie-up happens now.

Startledgrapefruit
13th Jul 2020, 08:27
Blue Islands Loganair codeshare, confirmed.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-53380327

Will just need to see now if Stobart Air and Eastern Airways Tie-up happens now.
Just like "Airlines of Britain " again.

Wycombe
13th Jul 2020, 16:40
Just like "Airlines of Britain " again.

Or Flybe, with their former mini-hub at SOU (connecting to JER/GCI from Scotland and the north) and MAN (connecting to Scotland from the south and JER/GCI)!

Startledgrapefruit
15th Jul 2020, 15:42
Thursday is normally a day the City like to make big announcements
As Friday is a day social media is busy

Alteagod
15th Jul 2020, 20:43
Couldn't agree with you more. I wonder if it is joining too many dots together but EDI is losing its BACF base and BHD is gaining BACF including a night stop.

Brian did seem confident of majority of BE routes been taken up.

allan1987
15th Jul 2020, 21:09
Have to take your word on that, never really monitored when these announcements are made. Question is, are these announcements plural or singular? Harbour boss did announce on twitter to expect plural over the next few weeks which ends this Friday. Options are limited, more Eastern routes, more Loganair routes and the possibility of Lingus Regional. Destinations still to be guessed at I suppose although again I believe the Harbour CEO is on record as having said all previous FlyBe routes had been backfilled. Interesting times!

Whatever the announcements happen to be, I hope it goes some way to securing jobs both within the airport and locally. Have to admit I still feel sorry for the ex FlyBe personnel watching "their" old market getting carved up, still think its a shame that ended how it did.

Im not sure if 4 routes (MAN, BHX, EDI, LGW,) will be as Aer Lingus Regional since Stobart Air said they will not bankroll expansion at Belfast City, though i could be wrong.

There could be some tieup with Stobart Air and Eastern Airways. Seeing that there is a tieup with Loganair and Blue Islands.

Not sure if it happens what agreement will be. Could be lease of 4 ATR 72s and 2 E190s and also run the 4 Belfast routes for Stobart Air.

Alteagod
16th Jul 2020, 17:29
I was whipped up to a frenzied expectation of glad tidings but alas not today. I will not rest until I hear what news we have.

allan1987
16th Jul 2020, 18:15
I was whipped up to a frenzied expectation of glad tidings but alas not today. I will not rest until I hear what news we have.

looking like could be tomorrow :)

can pick Belfast City Airport on Aer Lingus website choose EDI, BHX, LBA, GLA and MAN, no dates, times, or prices though.

mart901
16th Jul 2020, 18:38
looking like could be tomorrow :)

can pick Belfast City Airport on Aer Lingus website choose EDI, BHX, LBA, GLA and MAN, no dates, times, or prices though.
EMA on there now and EXT just appeared

cuthere
16th Jul 2020, 20:10
If correct, I’m surprised (though very pleased) they chose EXT over BRS. Mainly as they already do DUB-BRS.
If it comes to pass, then this is great news for City.

Alteagod
16th Jul 2020, 20:19
Indeed glad tidings for all including ex BE crew if a base is in the offing.

DUB19
16th Jul 2020, 20:26
No sign of the Gatwick route, not really a surprise considering EI’s attempt at the route a few years ago and BAs new LCY route.

cornishsimon
16th Jul 2020, 21:56
Really surprised at ext over brs and Nqy both of which are already served by EI

nonetheless great news

cs

craigyton2
16th Jul 2020, 22:06
It looks like the new destinations from BHD have now disappeared from the booking engine? Or it might just be my error.

Willo 3D
17th Jul 2020, 06:44
Really surprised at ext over brs and Nqy both of which are already served by EI

nonetheless great news

cs

Not really as Flybe used to serve Exeter to Belfast City

Alteagod
17th Jul 2020, 09:46
I thought EI was not going to bankroll expansion in BHD. Take it someone rattled the magic money tree.

ExoticSkier
17th Jul 2020, 10:55
Would I be correct to guess that this expansion is all Stobart trying to snap up Flybe's profitable routes.
Problem is Stobart do not have a recognisable brand so they have chosen to work with the Aer Lingus Regional brand which is a no brainer with their existing Aer Lingus partnership.

Startledgrapefruit
17th Jul 2020, 11:28
Would I be correct to guess that this expansion is all Stobart trying to snap up Flybe's profitable routes.
Problem is Stobart do not have a recognisable brand so they have chosen to work with the Aer Lingus Regional brand which is a no brainer with their existing Aer Lingus partnership.
As I have put forwards in a discussion before.
If it's not orange or has a harp on the tail it won't matter what its called
​​​​​​ people Google "Belfast city to london'
i have lots of experience of "oh I just googled it"

Alteagod
17th Jul 2020, 18:30
Hopefully just a hiccup in proceedings at this stage.

DUB19
18th Jul 2020, 12:55
Article regarding EI BHD routes

https://www.irishnews.com/business/2020/07/18/news/aer-lingus-linked-with-seven-new-routes-from-belfast-city-airport-2009101/

SWBKCB
18th Jul 2020, 13:33
Somebody been reading Pprune?? :suspect:

Alteagod
18th Jul 2020, 14:56
I am sure the press have staff to monitor social media for potential story's

Husky One
18th Jul 2020, 15:26
It will happen. Unfortunately it’s not much use for the ex Flybe crew because Stobart have enough of their own lot they put under redundancy to bring up north. They might hire a few token cabin crew and a few jobs is better than no jobs.
Aer Lingus want Stobart off their patch in DUB so EI can fly the flights themselves as they’re struggling for work too.

cumbrianboy
18th Jul 2020, 18:21
I’m fairly confident Aer lingus have no interest in flying the likes of dublin Newquay themselves, or any of the other stobart routes - that’s just not the case.

Aer lingus Grant stobart the franchise and they are very involved in the operation. I’m fairly confident the arrangement with stobart works very well for both companies.

VickersVicount
18th Jul 2020, 19:29
So three operators on eg GLA-Belfast?
Guess which one will ditch it first...My bet would be Loganair (if they even start it now after EI)

Cozy F
18th Jul 2020, 20:48
Well I would doubt of the operators on parade it will be easyJet - or Ryanair - who’ll blink on GLA, MAN, LBA, EMA, or any of the other routes in the offing! 😏

Husky One
19th Jul 2020, 11:30
Stobart don’t just fly to Newquay. There are plenty of routes they currently do from DUB that may cultivate interest from the main player particularly if they’re struggling to find work for their own operation. In a changing world the playbook has been ripped up. This forum of armchair experts has no real clue of the dynamic between the stakeholders in this or whatever agreements they make with their unions. No amount of imported ATRs and crew at BHD will make up for the loss of Flybe. It will however make some contribution to the local economy which can only be good. Regarding Loganair I wouldn’t back them to fail either on GLA. They’re not bad at this game and I wish them luck.

cumbrianboy
19th Jul 2020, 12:58
I am well aware of what stobart operate out of dublin and also what Aer lingus operate out of dublin.

my point is, Aer lingus do NOT want stobart off their patch. They are discussing an extension of the contract. Stobart do something mainline can’t do, the provide frequency. The whole regional model is to feed long haul, point to point is happily served by Ryanair - it’s not EIs core market. The airbus is just too big for that high frequency market. And where here is demand For specific peak flights for more than an ATR the two work hand in hand. Like MAN and BHX.

the point is, Belfast has nothing to do with dublin and the Belfast operation is a good move for both sides. Aer lingus have the brand and reputation and stobart the right aircraft for that market

they also support stobart in Belfast city as do the pilots of Aer lingus.

Alteagod
19th Jul 2020, 14:13
Would EI/Stobart have the same interline agreements in place that BE had?. Stobart are currently feeding into the DUB hub but a BHD operation would in effect be point to point around the UK if none existed. Yes there is a healthy market for that but business but it always intrigued me the number of EK/EY/VS customers transfering via GLA/BHX/MAN on the BE flights ex BHD. Mind you i guess covid has killed that share of the market in the medium term.

The96er
19th Jul 2020, 14:57
Would EI/Stobart have the same interline agreements in place that BE had?. Stobart are currently feeding into the DUB hub but a BHD operation would in effect be point to point around the UK if none existed. Yes there is a healthy market for that but business but it always intrigued me the number of EK/EY/VS customers transfering via GLA/BHX/MAN on the BE flights ex BHD. Mind you i guess covid has killed that share of the market in the medium term.

The ORK-MAN carries (Or used to) a healthy load that would transfer onto VS/EY/EK etc.. so would, I suppose be no different to any possible BHD-MAN route. There was also a healthy load connected to VS flights to and from DUB. Bag loads of 70+ bags for an ATR to DUB due connections from the VS network was not uncommon at MAN.

SWBKCB
19th Jul 2020, 15:00
If the BHD flights are done by Stobart as part of the EI deal, they will surely interline with One World airlines - they will be Aer Lingus flights. Why would they interline with IAG competitors? Of course, there maybe PAX who self-transfer.

cumbrianboy
19th Jul 2020, 19:10
EI provide interline for a number of non IAG airlines and always have done. A lot of Dublin flights still carry the EY code and certainly a lot feed into VS etc ...

Alteagod
19th Jul 2020, 20:10
Oh thats very informative as it was not uncommon for all the bagss on a BE MAN or GLA all to be onward connections. Cheers for that

ECR
19th Jul 2020, 21:57
EI provide interline for a number of non IAG airlines and always have done. A lot of Dublin flights still carry the EY code and certainly a lot feed into VS etc ...
This was one of the conditions attached to approval of the IAG take over Aer Lingus.

"The clearance decision is conditional upon the following commitments, which address the Commission’s concerns:

the release of five daily slot pairs at London-Gatwick airport to facilitate the entry of competing airlines on routes from London to both Dublin and Belfast ; and
Aer Lingus continuing to carry connecting passengers to use the long-haul flights of competing airlines out of London-Heathrow, London-Gatwick, Manchester, Amsterdam, Shannon and Dublin."

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_15_5371

EI-BUD
19th Jul 2020, 22:21
my point is, Aer lingus do NOT want stobart off their patch. They are discussing an extension of the contract. Stobart do something mainline can’t do, the provide frequency. The whole regional model is to feed long haul, point to point is happily served by Ryanair - it’s not EIs core market. The airbus is just too big for that high frequency market. And where here is demand For specific peak flights for more than an ATR the two work hand in hand. Like MAN and BHX.

hi Cumbrianboy,
I would suggest that they currently are not discussing the extension of the contract. IAG will invite tenders at the appropriate stage. I would guess that Stobart got some commitments in relation to BHD, I.e. Stobart are unlikely to be building an Aer Lingus branded operation at BHD only to loose the franchise in less than 2 years. I'd guess they have an agreement that says 'if' Stobart doesn't maintain the franchise as it currently stands, then they may be able to continue the franchise for BHD operations. That would be my take on what is taking place, that's if these rumours materialise. I did see the listings on the app last week also, so I'd have a high degree of confidence something happens this week...

allan1987
19th Jul 2020, 22:53
This makes sense its more to do with Stobart running the BHD routes that Aer Lingus. If Stobart lose the franchise, Stobart will still have the Base at BHD will just need to find a new franchise partner run with. Though latest news is that, the CAA has withdrawn its decision to remove Flybe's operating license and route license because of the appeal by Flybe's administrators and the regulations adopted by the EU.

Though this was more to do Cyrus and Flybe's administrators. I have no idea if Stobart is still involved with this or not. I know that Stobart air was brought back only so that Stobart Air does not collapse or lose the franchise with Aer Lingus.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Airlines/Licensing/Requirements-and-guidance/Airline-licensing-decisions/

Alteagod
20th Jul 2020, 10:10
The real story behind this must have more twists and turns than a roller coaster. It will be fascinating to see what actually happens. Just to add another twist. Post brexit would Stobart not need a UK AOC to operate domestic UK flights 🤪

irishlad06
20th Jul 2020, 10:26
The real story behind this must have more twists and turns than a roller coaster. It will be fascinating to see what actually happens. Just to add another twist. Post brexit would Stobart not need a UK AOC to operate domestic UK flights 🤪

As far as I am aware there has already been an agreement between the UK and Irish governments to treat it as CTA so an airline that is Irish or British can operate domestic flights in both countries - just presently there are no British carriers operating domestic flights in Ireland.

Startledgrapefruit
21st Jul 2020, 14:33
Still no announcement(s) from Harbour? All very curious. Wonder what the delay is?
Not got a clue. Was told it was Thursday last week
They seem to be in the "green room" in the booking system , just waiting to be announced for sale

OneBellEnd
21st Jul 2020, 15:05
Takes a long time to get one's paws on taxpayers' money, and even longer to meander through the public system of checks and balances before someone puts the actual cheque in the post.

After all the boss of Stobart very clearly advised the Irish media a week or two ago that it won't be them what's bankrolling this plan.

Many a slip tween a cup and a lip.

Jamie2009
21st Jul 2020, 17:37
Takes a long time to get one's paws on taxpayers' money, and even longer to meander through the public system of checks and balances before someone puts the actual cheque in the post.

After all the boss of Stobart very clearly advised the Irish media a week or two ago that it won't be them what's bankrolling this plan.

Many a slip tween a cup and a lip.

Perhaps the Gov are waiting to see if anyone is going to lease some cheap Q400s and crews to cobble together a smaller Flybe and retake BHD. This admin process cant go on forever and they've got the licences back - who knows.

BFS watcher
22nd Jul 2020, 08:14
From below neither Aer Lingus or Stobart have a UK AOC and from 31st October will require a foreign carrier permit which will not be given for
domestic services. Note from the AOC holders, both Ryanair and Wizz already have UK AOCs

https://www.caa.co.uk/Data-and-analysis/Approved-persons-and-organisations/Datasets/Lists-of-approved-persons-and-organisations/Holders-of-air-operator-certificates/
https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Airlines/Licensing/Foreign-carrier-permits/Foreign-carrier-permits---scheduled-and-charter-flights/

Alteagod
22nd Jul 2020, 11:39
That could be an issue alright for them

EI-BUD
22nd Jul 2020, 13:57
From below neither Aer Lingus or Stobart have a UK AOC and from 31st October will require a foreign carrier permit which will not be given for
domestic services. Note from the AOC holders, both Ryanair and Wizz already have UK AOCs

https://www.caa.co.uk/Data-and-analysis/Approved-persons-and-organisations/Datasets/Lists-of-approved-persons-and-organisations/Holders-of-air-operator-certificates/
https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Airlines/Licensing/Foreign-carrier-permits/Foreign-carrier-permits---scheduled-and-charter-flights/
doesn't it say 31st October 2019?

Alteagod
22nd Jul 2020, 14:03
Now i think about it im almost nearly fairly pretty certain that I read that EI had applied for this and received so ignore my previous enquiry.

Fly757X
22nd Jul 2020, 14:25
Is there not a more general exception anyway for Irish carriers operating domestically in the UK and vice versa? I seem to remember reading this earlier in the thread actually

cuthere
22nd Jul 2020, 15:08
Do we really believe (despite BFS Watcher’s highest hopes to the contrary) that any airline planning on setting up at BHD and intent on flying from/to U.K. destinations won’t have considered whether they have the appropriate AOC?

Either they don’t have any intention of operating the routes listed on the EI website/Irish News story (thereby rendering irrelevant the AOC issue), or, and stay with me here, they do, have the necessary paperwork/permissions and will announce it all soon enough.

Husky One
22nd Jul 2020, 17:17
The issues around foreign carrier operation are real enough. The CAA are hoping the govt see some sense overall on the EU aviation front but are not counting on it. They are therefore peddling a pretty strong stance on all these issues including aoc and licensing. The bottom line is if you want to be sure, you’ll need a UK AOC. Ryanair thought the risk big enough to get their own. The risk hasn’t gone away. If anything it’s got worse.

DUB19
23rd Jul 2020, 07:54
All 7 EI destinations back up on the website, looking like today they could be officially announced.

Prices and times are now showing.

Fly757X
23rd Jul 2020, 08:48
All 7 EI destinations back up on the website, looking like today they could be officially announced.

Prices and times are now showing.

Looks a very fair schedule, from the routes that have times so far, 3 A/C will be required which will undoubtedly rise to 4, potentially 5 once MAN, LBA & GLA have times.

BHX5DME
23rd Jul 2020, 08:50
BHX schedule

Monday to Friday ATR72 from 14.09.20

0805 – 0850 - EI3640 / EI3641

1545 – 1615 – EI3646 / EI3647

1920 – 1955 – EI3648 / EI3649

Saturday

0805 – 0850 – EI3640 / EI3641

1140 – 1225 – EI3642 / EI3643

Sunday

1155 – 1225 – EI3642 /EI3643

1545 – 1615 – EI3646 / EI3647

1920 – 1955 – EI3648 / EI3649

Ian

Plane mad 134
23rd Jul 2020, 08:52
And here are the EDI times thanks to SeanM on Twitter:
BHD-EDI
0715-0805 EDI (M-Sa)
1610-1700 EDI (M-F&Su)
1835-1925 EDI (Su)

EDI-BHD
0840-0935 (M-Sa)
1735-1830 (M-F&Su)
2020-2115 (Su)

This is at 13x weekly before it increases to 18x weekly.

cuthere
23rd Jul 2020, 09:15
Clearly, they thought through the issues around an AOC etc. Fair play to them. Hope it works well.

JSCL
23rd Jul 2020, 09:21
I think we can all accept that A) This is a pretty impressive move by EI and B) It's going to keep Stobart around for time to come.

JobsaGoodun
23rd Jul 2020, 09:38
In my mind this is about Aer Lingus protecting their feed at Dublin by keeping Stobart in business.

Stobart Group stated that they wouldn't bankroll Stobart Air in any expansion so it would appear that Aer Lingus were persuaded to help. All the routes will be the commercial responsibility of Stobart Air but clearly it makes sense for Aer Lingus to help them out rather than let them get into financial difficulty and put their DUB feed at risk. How long will it be before Stobart Group look to try and offload the airline on Aer Lingus?

JSCL
23rd Jul 2020, 09:45
In my mind this is about Aer Lingus protecting their feed at Dublin by keeping Stobart in business.

Stobart Group stated that they wouldn't bankroll Stobart Air in any expansion so it would appear that Aer Lingus were persuaded to help. All the routes will be the commercial responsibility of Stobart Air but clearly it makes sense for Aer Lingus to help them out rather than let them get into financial difficulty and put their DUB feed at risk. How long will it be before Stobart Group look to try and offload the airline on Aer Lingus?

The latter point may be an inevitability. But CityJet were also pitching to take on the EI work, so it's not as though Stobart are the only player in town. There's multiple ACMI operators with ATR's available now.

JobsaGoodun
23rd Jul 2020, 10:05
True, but I guess maintaining the status quo just now is hugely valuable to EI as they and Stobart attempt to recover from Covid.

What they've done makes complete sense, but I'm not sure if under normal circumstances EI would've permitted Stobart to use the brand to connect points outside of Southern Ireland. I think there is more to be gained in this for Stobart than for EI but it could be that EI intend to replace Stobart on some rotations ex DUB in order to keep their own staff/fleet in use, thus enabling Stobart to launch ex BHD. However, having ceased operations for Flybe on IOM and at SEN, Stobart probably had sufficient spare aircraft to deploy outside of their DUB based fleet.

brian_dromey
23rd Jul 2020, 10:11
The Stobart schedule seems very impressive. From what I can see they require 5 aircraft, with GLA timings yet to become visible on the website. The pattern seems to be first fright out and then an afternoon and evening flight. It seems sensible to me. I wonder if they plan to fill the blanks over time, so even though this is a strong schedule there is good room for growth, should that prove sustainable. BIRMINGHAM

EI3640 BHD 0650 BHX 0805
EI3646 BHD 1430 BHX 1545
EI3648 BHD 1805 BHX 1920

EI3641 BHX 0850 BHD 1015
EI3647 BHX 1615 BHD 1735
EI3649 BHX 1955 BHD 2115

EAST MIDLANDS

EI3680 BHD 0715 EMA 0830
EI3688 BHD 1745 EMA 1900

EI3681 EMA 0900 BHD 1010
EI3689 EMA 1930 BHD 2040

EDINBURGH

EI3650 BHD 0715 EDI 0805
EI3656 BHD 1610 EDI 1700
EI3658 BHD 1900 EDI 1950

EI2651 EDI 0840 BHD 0935
EI3657 EDI 1735 BHD 1830
EI3659 EDI 2020 BHD 2115

EXETER

EI3690 BHD 1010 EXT 1140 1—45-7

EI3691 EXT 1210 BHD 1340 1—45-7

GLASGOW

EI36?? BHD GLA

LEEDS/BRADFORD

EI3670 BHD 0650 LBA 0800
EI3678 BHD 1820 LBA 1930

EI3671 LBA 0830 BHD 0945
EI3679 LBA 2000 BHD 2115

MANCHESTER

EI3610 BHD 0635 MAN 0740
EI3614 BHD 1500 MAN 1605
EI3618 BHD 1835 MAN 1940

EI2611 MAN 0825 BHD 0935
EI3618 MAN 1640 BHD 1750
EI3619 MAN 2010 BHD 2120

Is there not a more general exception anyway for Irish carriers operating domestically in the UK and vice versa? I seem to remember reading this earlier in the thread actually

Hard to know, but EI did used to operate flights from the UK to Europe, in the 70s long before the EU and before "5th Freedom" flying was a common occurrence. EI is likely to have grandfather rights under historic agreements between Ireland the the UK, rather like how Irish Citizens retain the right to live and work in the UK after the 31st of December. The legal status of Irish citizens in the UK (and Vice versa) is fascinating and complex in equal measure.

exchanged_gorilla
23rd Jul 2020, 10:24
BHD-MAN and BHD-BHX up to 4 daily

Fly757X
23rd Jul 2020, 10:25
The Stobart schedule seems very impressive. From what I can see they require 5 aircraft, with GLA timings yet to become visible on the website. The pattern seems to be first fright out and then an afternoon and evening flight. It seems sensible to me. I wonder if they plan to fill the blanks over time, so even though this is a strong schedule there is good room for growth, should that prove sustainable. BIRMINGHAM

EI3640 BHD 0650 BHX 0805
EI3646 BHD 1430 BHX 1545
EI3648 BHD 1805 BHX 1920

EI3641 BHX 0850 BHD 1015
EI3647 BHX 1615 BHD 1735
EI3649 BHX 1955 BHD 2115

EAST MIDLANDS

EI3680 BHD 0715 EMA 0830
EI3688 BHD 1745 EMA 1900

EI3681 EMA 0900 BHD 1010
EI3689 EMA 1930 BHD 2040

EDINBURGH

EI3650 BHD 0715 EDI 0805
EI3656 BHD 1610 EDI 1700
EI3658 BHD 1900 EDI 1950

EI2651 EDI 0840 BHD 0935
EI3657 EDI 1735 BHD 1830
EI3659 EDI 2020 BHD 2115

EXETER

EI3690 BHD 1010 EXT 1140 1—45-7

EI3691 EXT 1210 BHD 1340 1—45-7

GLASGOW

EI36?? BHD GLA

LEEDS/BRADFORD

EI3670 BHD 0650 LBA 0800
EI3678 BHD 1820 LBA 1930

EI3671 LBA 0830 BHD 0945
EI3679 LBA 2000 BHD 2115

MANCHESTER

EI3610 BHD 0635 MAN 0740
EI3614 BHD 1500 MAN 1605
EI3618 BHD 1835 MAN 1940

EI2611 MAN 0825 BHD 0935
EI3618 MAN 1640 BHD 1750
EI3619 MAN 2010 BHD 2120

Hard to know, but EI did used to operate flights from the UK to Europe, in the 70s long before the EU and before "5th Freedom" flying was a common occurrence. EI is likely to have grandfather rights under historic agreements between Ireland the the UK, rather like how Irish Citizens retain the right to live and work in the UK after the 31st of December. The legal status of Irish citizens in the UK (and Vice versa) is fascinating and complex in equal measure.

Cheers for the explanation. :ok:

Overall a very comprehensive and fulfilling schedule and as you say, hopefully one which can be altered and added to over time.

Alteagod
23rd Jul 2020, 10:34
Looks like BHD gains 5 nightstop ATRS and a Cityflyer Embraer when schedule gets up and running. At last a good news story for the staff.

Fly757X
23rd Jul 2020, 10:52
No mention of GLA now on the official announcement as per their Facebook page. Maybe an agreement has been reached between LM/EI to sell the LM service through EI's system too.

Alteagod
23rd Jul 2020, 10:57
And had they not also applied for LGW slots. Still a great coup for airport.

SWBKCB
23rd Jul 2020, 11:01
So where are the 5 ATR's coming from?

mart901
23rd Jul 2020, 11:43
There was some in storage I believe anyway, and I'm gathering what they had at SEN and other BE operations plus reduced services and some dropped routes elsewhere.

brian_dromey
23rd Jul 2020, 12:18

Before the collapse of flyBe there were 2 each on the Isle of Mann and at Southend. Stobart have announced the closure of both those bases, so that makes four. There will also be capacity freed up at the other bases, predominantly DUB. GLA does seem an omission at present - the LM schedule is pretty good and fares not bad either, STK probably don't feel the need to compete at this stage. the cougars are empty enough without slogging it out at this stage. I think STK were denied most of the LGW slots? Of course IAG and VS do have a large slot pool that they may wish to protect by leasing them to Stobart - but BA have their own services to LCY and LHR, LGW wouldn't add much for them.

Fly757X
23rd Jul 2020, 12:41
Before the collapse of flyBe there were 2 each on the Isle of Mann and at Southend. Stobart have announced the closure of both those bases, so that makes four. There will also be capacity freed up at the other bases, predominantly DUB. GLA does seem an omission at present - the LM schedule is pretty good and fares not bad either, STK probably don't feel the need to compete at this stage. the cougars are empty enough without slogging it out at this stage. I think STK were denied most of the LGW slots? Of course IAG and VS do have a large slot pool that they may wish to protect by leasing them to Stobart - but BA have their own services to LCY and LHR, LGW wouldn't add much for them.

They’re also returning 3, EI-GPN/O/P so I’d say they’ll still need to find some form of extra capacity.

brian_dromey
23rd Jul 2020, 12:51
They’re also returning 3, EI-GPN/O/P so I’d say they’ll still need to find some form of extra capacity.

Those are ex flyBe on the SAS contract and delivered early this year. I don't think Stobart operated them in scheduled service? Or if they did it was brief.

LBIA
23rd Jul 2020, 12:52
Belfast City - Leeds Bradford increases from 13x to 16x weekly from October 26th

EI3670 BHD 0650 LBA 0800 Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa --
EI3676 BHD 1455 LBA 1605 Mo ------- Th Fr -- Su
EI3678 BHD 1820 LBA 1930 Mo Tu We Th Fr -- Su

EI3671 LBA 0830 BHD 0945 Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa --
EI3677 LBA 1635 BHD 1750 Mo ------- Th Fr -- Su
EI3679 LBA 2000 BHD 2115 Mo Tu We Th Fr -- Su

virginblue
23rd Jul 2020, 12:58
Interesting that they do not see potential for some more "thin" routes just like the EXT service that could keep the ATRs busy between 11 am and 4 pm. Obviously they do not see a point in competing with easyjet from BFS on routes such as NCL, IOM or LPL. But there are also unserved destinations such as CWL.

Alteagod
23rd Jul 2020, 13:22
I would suspect rhat this will all be very much a use it or lose it schedule that will be subject to some teeeking in the months ahead. I would not be surprised to see additional destinations appear especially next summer, JER or NQY for example come to mind. Some left field destinations could be SEN or ORK

Fly757X
23rd Jul 2020, 13:24
Those are ex flyBe on the SAS contract and delivered early this year. I don't think Stobart operated them in scheduled service? Or if they did it was brief.

Yeah it was very brief, I remember seeing GPP and GPN operating quite a bit from memory, seen GPO only a few days after it entered service from Dublin. GPP however wasn’t in long as far as I know.

allan1987
23rd Jul 2020, 13:42
Yeah it was very brief, I remember seeing GPP and GPN operating quite a bit from memory, seen GPO only a few days after it entered service from Dublin. GPP however wasn’t in long as far as I know.

Stobart still have

EI-FMJ was painted in flybe livery now white
EI-FSK White
EI-FSL White
EI-GPP White
EI-GPN withdrawn not sure if going elsewhere
EI-GPO being transferred to Sky express

mart901
23rd Jul 2020, 13:45
Interesting that they do not see potential for some more "thin" routes just like the EXT service that could keep the ATRs busy between 11 am and 4 pm. Obviously they do not see a point in competing with easyjet from BFS on routes such as NCL, IOM or LPL. But there are also unserved destinations such as CWL.

Quite possibly will happen but I'd say they've allowed themselves the opportunity to increase frequency as demand allows, that's been suggested in the press release. Demand likely won't be like before given C19 but some of these routes sustained 7 daily so I'd say that will be the first thing that will be done.

mart901
23rd Jul 2020, 14:39
EXT is going daily from 28.03.21

Fly757X
23rd Jul 2020, 15:15
Stobart still have

EI-FMJ was painted in flybe livery now white
EI-FSK White
EI-FSL White
EI-GPP White
EI-GPN withdrawn not sure if going elsewhere
EI-GPO being transferred to Sky express

From what I heard it was all the GPx that we’re due to go. I suppose only time will tell.

True Blue
23rd Jul 2020, 21:33
I see Ezy has just rolled out its latest round of cancellations for Bfs flights into September. Either Ezy are being seriously pessimistic or Stobart are being very overly optimistic. It will be interesting to see if all these flights operate as put on sale today.

cuthere
24th Jul 2020, 00:50
You could argue these EIR schedules are ambitious. But then if FlyBe as an entity had survived what do we imagine they would have continued to offer from BHD (reminder to BFS aficionados, BE didn’t fold because of BHD)? I’ve been affected a fair bit by EZY hashing and rehashing their BFS-BRS schedule, but am grateful it exists at all at the minute. The fact EIR feels able (for now) to start these routes should be welcomed. If C19 ends up reducing frequency then I’m sure they’ll do what EZY have done: offer a comprehensive schedule from their base airport initially, then can it when it’s apparently not viable.

EI-BUD
24th Jul 2020, 01:53
I would suspect rhat this will all be very much a use it or lose it schedule that will be subject to some teeeking in the months ahead. I would not be surprised to see additional destinations appear especially next summer, JER or NQY for example come to mind. Some left field destinations could be SEN or ORK

Exactly, great slack in the schedule on return of 1st wave aircraft, summer seasonal routes come to mind like Jersey and Isle of Man (a daily mid morning would work fine and just make an easyJet airbus operation unattractive to them, it's a hop at circa 70 miles. Other opportunities might be Cardiff as a daily leisure orientated route, Cork has potential perhaps an early departure from ORK to BHD (and vv) and staging on to say BHX, BHD may also provide flexibility for the BHX and EDI to Shannon routes which were ideally timed to meet the Transatlantic services ex Shannon, but that's all clearly for a later date. Donegal could be worth a try, if marketed properly could be a surprise.
​​​​​​A flight to Shannon every other day might also be worthy of consideration once the US get over the pandemic, feeding passengers to the US ...

The volumes on these routes when served by Flybe were impressive particularly MAN and BHX. Given the lower capacity and the reduced demand, no reason why EIR can't capture a respectable share of the market...

ECR
24th Jul 2020, 09:09
Exactly, great slack in the schedule on return of 1st wave aircraft, summer seasonal routes come to mind like Jersey and Isle of Man (a daily mid morning would work fine and just make an easyJet airbus operation unattractive to them, it's a hop at circa 70 miles. Other opportunities might be Cardiff as a daily leisure orientated route, Cork has potential perhaps an early departure from ORK to BHD (and vv) and staging on to say BHX, BHD may also provide flexibility for the BHX and EDI to Shannon routes which were ideally timed to meet the Transatlantic services ex Shannon, but that's all clearly for a later date. Donegal could be worth a try, if marketed properly could be a surprise.
​​​​​​A flight to Shannon every other day might also be worthy of consideration once the US get over the pandemic, feeding passengers to the US ...

The volumes on these routes when served by Flybe were impressive particularly MAN and BHX. Given the lower capacity and the reduced demand, no reason why EIR can't capture a respectable share of the market...
I agree that there may be room for expansion to perhaps include other destinations, but don't think Shannon or Cork would be among them.

Flybe seemed to run a lot of marginal or even unprofitable routes so I'm sure if Cork was even vaguely viable they would have tried it. They would presumably have had some data on the route as from what I recall it was operated as a Flybe franchise by Manx2 before the tragic crash. I think the ATR planes would just be too big for the route. If it was going to work it would need a smaller plane and Eastern or Loganair would be better placed for this.

I can't see the point of a flight to Shannon as I don't think there would be the point to point demand. It would also make little sense for connecting traffic from Belfast as there is a direct bus from Belfast to Dublin Airport which takes less than two hours. Dublin provides a much wider range of destinations than Shannon and will also benefit from lower taxes than a ticket starting in Belfast. An even wider range of destinations from Belfast is provided by BA connecting in Heathrow (or Aer Lingus connecting to their partners via Heathrow).

Hopefully it is successful for them as competition will hopefully keep Easyjet prices competitive.

euromanxdude
24th Jul 2020, 09:15
Flybe seemed to run a lot of marginal or even unprofitable routes so I'm sure if Cork was even vaguely viable they would have tried it. They would presumably have had some data on the route as from what I recall it was operated as a Flybe franchise by Manx2 before the tragic crash. I think the ATR planes would just be too big for the route. If was going to work it would need a smaller plane and Eastern or Loganair would be better placed for this.

Flybe had nothing to do with Manx2. BHD-ORK was not operated as Flybe franchise. Pure Manx2 operation

virginblue
24th Jul 2020, 09:15
Donegal could be worth a try, if marketed properly could be a surprise.

Do you suggest a BHD-CFN route on an ATR72? For starters, it is hardly 120 miles...

ECR
24th Jul 2020, 10:12
Flybe had nothing to do with Manx2. BHD-ORK was not operated as Flybe franchise. Pure Manx2 operation

Apologies, I've obviously got completely mixed up. I think I'm confusing this and the Flybe incident where it 'crash' landed safely at Belfast International (from Belfast City) without front landing gear,

Alteagod
24th Jul 2020, 10:37
The EI service to JFK via SNN from BFS in the 1990s regularly had more pax for SNN than to JFK. Mostly weekend breaks and golfing breaks.The MD11 N272WA was a cow to trim that used to operate the sevice.

EI-BUD
24th Jul 2020, 12:03
Do you suggest a BHD-CFN route on an ATR72? For starters, it is hardly 120 miles...
I think it is worth a try when the economic climate improves, it's a long uncomfortable drive to Donegal and besides the aircraft down time could mean a filler between flights. Potentially 4 times a week.

I take the points re Shannon, but we'll see how it all goes.

EI-BUD
24th Jul 2020, 12:04
Flybe seemed to run a lot of marginal or even unprofitable routes so I'm sure if Cork was even vaguely viable they would have tried it. They would presumably have had some data on the route as from what I recall it was operated as a Flybe franchise by Manx2 before the tragic crash. I think the ATR planes would just be too big for the route. If was going to work it would need a smaller plane and Eastern or Loganair would be better placed for this.

It was originally Jetmagic followed by Aer Arann..

Husky One
25th Jul 2020, 00:55
Jersey European used to fly BHD-ORK in the 90’s using their Shed.

CCR
25th Jul 2020, 04:09
I used fly on the Aer Arann/Stobart ATR72 services between Belfast and Cork in the noughties and the loads were always good. They had a double daily service between Belfast and Cork.
When the flight was full, I used take a flight from Dublin to Cork. There were actually 11 flights a day from Dublin to Cork between Aer Arann and Ryanair during the Celtic Tiger era.
Ryanair eventually drove Aer Arann off the route with super low fares. Irish Rail also had an impact when they introduced hourly departures between Dublin and Cork as well as the new motorway when it was completed in 2010.

The drive from Belfast to the border these days is via motorway and dual carriageway. Once you cross the border into the Republic, the roads are better and it's motorway all the way to Cork. A drive from Belfast to Cork takes 4 hours.
Thats the biggest obstacle to a reintroduction of Belfast-Cork flights, though it probably still is viable with business traffic as a double daily after the pandemic.

An Aer Lingus Regional feeder service from Belfast to Shannon for transatlantic flights would certainly attract business travellers with US immigration being done in Shannon.
That would be more profitable for Aer Lingus than the A330 Belfast to US flights via Shannon that they did in the 1990s.
The Aer Lingus Regional Belfast to Shannon service could at some stage be upgraded to the Aer Lingus A321NEO that Aer Lingus operate from Shannon to the US if demand is sufficient from Belfast. Though leisure pax will probably still drive or take the bus to Dublin airport.

Alteagod
31st Jul 2020, 14:42
I see that is is being reported on RTE that EI reviewing ORK and SNN operations. Might have helped sway decision to open BHD base.

PPRuNeUser0176
31st Jul 2020, 15:02
Its EI reviewing the mainline bases not Stobart bases. EI had no say the new routes from BHD.

DUB19
3rd Aug 2020, 22:52
Anyone know how the loads were on the KLM AMS today?

DUB19
6th Aug 2020, 14:56
EI-FAS (EIR ATR) just landed from Kerry

mart901
21st Aug 2020, 14:06
MME going double daily on 3 days per week from next month.

allan1987
21st Aug 2020, 19:49
ABERDEEN AND BELFAST FLIGHTS FROM TEESSIDE AIRPORT DOUBLED

https://www.teessideinternational.com/aberdeen-and-belfast-flights-from-teesside-airport-doubled/

From Monday 7 September the Aberdeen flights will depart twice a day on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with an additional connection running on Sundays. Belfast will take to the skies with a twice-daily service on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays alongside new weekend routes for leisure passengers.

Alteagod
22nd Aug 2020, 07:56
Is SOU also not going double daily a few days?

The Nutts Mutts
22nd Aug 2020, 08:51
SOU goes double daily from the 14th September.

ECR
28th Aug 2020, 09:43
Some of the Aer Lingus Regional flights to Belfast City have started yesterday.

Unfortunately though this morning's EI3651 from Edinburgh seems to have been diverted to Dublin.

mart901
30th Aug 2020, 21:19
Looking at EI/LHR for summer 21 they have 4x daily every day. That's the highest frequency its been for a while. The original plan this year was similar to last with 4x daily only certain days.

Alteagod
30th Aug 2020, 21:26
Massive EI pressence at BHD moving forward and the IAG group in general with additional LCY flights. Great to see. Maybe even see the sun routes back. Im sure the demand will be there next year

DUB19
30th Aug 2020, 21:41
Looking at EI/LHR for summer 21 they have 4x daily every day. That's the highest frequency its been for a while. The original plan this year was similar to last with 4x daily only certain days.

don’t see the 4x daily LHR happening. They have the usual 13:10 flight scheduled and the extra flight at 13:15. The 13:15 flight is double the price of the other flights also.

allan1987
30th Aug 2020, 21:51
Massive EI pressence at BHD moving forward and the IAG group in general with additional LCY flights. Great to see. Maybe even see the sun routes back. Im sure the demand will be there next year

That is a good question, I wounder would it be BA Cityflyer or Eastern Airways would run to LGW and few sun routes next year

camperdown9
31st Aug 2020, 07:38

I was looking at LHR-BHD rtn for June and July next year and at the moment the schedule on the website is still just showing three flights. Do you know the times of the extra flight?

The current schedule isn't great if you are going westbound I mean to Belfast for a day. The earliest EI can get you there is 1230.

Alex

ECR
31st Aug 2020, 16:28
I was looking at LHR-BHD rtn for June and July next year and at the moment the schedule on the website is still just showing three flights. Do you know the times of the extra flight?

The current schedule isn't great if you are going westbound I mean to Belfast for a day. The earliest EI can get you there is 1230.

Alex
Not sure what day of the week you are looking to travel, but looked at a couple of random days in June and July and there is a British Airways flight from LBR-BHD which will get into Belfast at 8.30am. It also looks like BA is cheaper than Aer Lingus.

The96er
31st Aug 2020, 16:39
Not sure what day of the week you are looking to travel, but looked at a couple of random days in June and July and there is a British Airways flight from LBR-BHD which will get into Belfast at 8.30am. It also looks like BA is cheaper than Aer Lingus.

Now that scope clauses and other agreements are being discraded in this brave new world, expect to see a harmonisation of scheduling, particually between IAG companies such as EI and BA across the sea. Does it really make sense to have night stopping crews at each end. LHR to BHD/DUB come to mind with a 2 airline/single offering approach.

Downwind_Left
31st Aug 2020, 17:20
Now that scope clauses and other agreements are being discraded in this brave new world, expect to see a harmonisation of scheduling, particually between IAG companies such as EI and BA across the sea. Does it really make sense to have night stopping crews at each end. LHR to BHD/DUB come to mind with a 2 airline/single offering approach.

To clarify the scope clause hasn’t been discarded. It’s been slightly amended, and would still not permit Aer Lingus to operate BA branded service to/from London.

The96er
31st Aug 2020, 17:28
To clarify the scope clause hasn’t been discarded. It’s been slightly amended, and would still not permit Aer Lingus to operate BA branded service to/from London.

I was infering more to a harmonisation of scheduling, i.e. alternate BA/EI flights throughout the day using a common terminal/check-in process etc... as oppsed to currently BA and EI operating their own independent scheduling/checkin using different terminals (At the London end)

BHD2BFS
1st Sep 2020, 21:39
Quick question from anyone technically minded.
with the news that EI are to deploy 2 A320-lr aircraft somewhere in the uk... could BHD be a possibility?
the LR clearly have more powerful engines than FR did back in the day and more powerful than the 320 currently based there by EI
Could the 321 make it to the west coast from BHD?

PPRuNeUser0176
1st Sep 2020, 21:43
Quick question from anyone technically minded.
with the news that EI are to deploy 2 A320-lr aircraft somewhere in the uk... could BHD be a possibility?
the LR clearly have more powerful engines than FR did back in the day and more powerful than the 320 currently based there by EI
Could the 321 make it to the west coast from BHD?

Nope.

They have performance issues out of DUB on them. Just as well they dropped opposition to the new runway. Most have extra fuel tanks.

camperdown9
2nd Sep 2020, 07:57
Do you mean the east coast?
I would guess if Northern Ireland ever gets scheduled transatlantic flights again then JFK, EWR or BOS are much more likely that SEA, SFO, LAX etc.
I think I read on another forum that EI would have problems using the A320-lr on the DUB-MSP route so west coast would be out.

Not sure that they could operate the A320-lx to the east coast of the USA from BHD?

BHD2BFS
2nd Sep 2020, 16:59
Apologies east coast is what I meant

Husky One
2nd Sep 2020, 22:57
Wouldn’t have the range using that runway length.

SeanM1997
8th Sep 2020, 20:02
Loganair S21 schedule:

Aberdeen - 7x weekly (1x daily)
Dundee - 4x weekly (Mon, Thu, Fri & Sun)
Glasgow - 20x weekly (3x daily Mon-Fri & Sun, 2x daily Sat)
Inverness - 7x weekly (1x daily)

mart901
8th Sep 2020, 20:05
Loganair S21 schedule:

Aberdeen - 7x weekly (1x daily)
Dundee - 4x weekly (Mon, Thu, Fri & Sun)
Glasgow - 20x weekly (3x daily Mon-Fri & Sun, 2x daily Sat)
Inverness - 7x weekly (1x daily)

Great to see increase on Glasgow. Hopefully things keep building up.
EIR start BHX and MAN next week.

mart901
13th Sep 2020, 17:47
Departures board for tomorrow looks so much fuller than it did only a few short weeks ago.
Roll on EMA and LBA starting too.

DUB19
13th Sep 2020, 19:43
Departures board for tomorrow looks so much fuller than it did only a few short weeks ago.
Roll on EMA and LBA starting too.

Any idea how the loads have been on the new EIR flights?

irishlad06
17th Sep 2020, 09:13
Any idea how the loads have been on the new EIR flights?

this mornings BHD-MAN 49 on way out and 48 on inbound

66 and 65 on the afternoon / evening service

SeanM1997
18th Sep 2020, 09:03
Loganair launches its Dundee - Belfast City route today (18 September 2020). Initially the route will operate 2x weekly with flights on Fridays and Sundays. In Summer 2021, the route will increase to 4x weekly flights with Monday and Thursday rotations added.

This is Loganair's fourth route to Belfast City following Aberdeen, Glasgow and Inverness

BFS101
30th Sep 2020, 12:43
Some good news!!
I had noticed that local operator Travel Solutions announced a Lake Garda program for summer 2021, direct flights from BHD.
Today on the Barrhead Travel social media page confirms the program and flights with British Airways, presume Cityflyer weekend work.

pcpmitch
1st Oct 2020, 07:50
Eastern Airways have postponed the increase to double daily on the BHD-SOU route.

Shame as I now have a very inconvenient flight time to SOU, evening instead of morning.

Alteagod
1st Oct 2020, 13:47
Thats a surprise but maybe linked to the furter postponing of more cruises from Southampton. They always accounted for a fair few of the BE pax profile.

SealinkBF
1st Oct 2020, 15:25
Great to see increase on Glasgow. Hopefully things keep building up.
EIR start BHX and MAN next week.

Seems off that Loganair didn’t go for Edinburgh too.

Alteagod
2nd Oct 2020, 08:32
Fantastic to see BA LHR nightstop back again.

DUB19
6th Oct 2020, 22:12
Eastern Airways to start Cardiff JS41 11 January 2021

Alteagod
7th Oct 2020, 06:39
Excellent i wonder if that's better use of VLY aircraft

PDXCWL45
7th Oct 2020, 09:13
Excellent i wonder if that's better use of VLY aircraft
It is using the Anglesey aircraft yes.

UlsterFly
13th Oct 2020, 10:51
Stobart not getting off to a great start...

75% of the cabin crew they took on a couple of months ago, who only finished their course a week or two ago, were made redundant last week!

Schedules appear to have been cut across most routes.

OneBellEnd
13th Oct 2020, 13:59
Yes, schedules broadly cut in half - probably need less aircraft. A sign of our times. 😒

Relevant story from media below.

Belfast City – What happens next? (https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/306XCoyBqsDR2OfvJuhd)

OneBellEnd
13th Oct 2020, 14:09
Article here.Belfast City - What happens next?Aer Lingus has published a tender for the operation of its Aer Lingus Regional brand ahead of the expiration of its existing contract with with Dublin-based Stobart Air at the end of 2022.
Former International Airlines Group (IAG) Chief Executive Willie Walsh said earlier this year that a number of other airlines had already approached IAG and its Irish subsidiary about the contract.

Stobart Air currently operates one ATR42-600 and 12 ATR72-600s on behalf of Aer Lingus. The smaller turboprop is used on routes from Dublin to the Isle of Man and Donegal, while the larger Avions de Transport Régional aircraft fly to various destinations in the UK from Dublin, Cork, Shannon and Belfast City where five aircraft are based.

It does not operate any other scheduled or charter flights on top of its Aer Lingus Regional operations. Earlier this year, the carrier said it hoped to extend its contract with Aer Lingus to ensure a "sound financial footing" for its business going forward.

Stobart Group, which owns Stobart Air and Southend Airport, is said to be currently in talks over the sale of its stake in the airline and lessor Propius Leasing to another lessor, Falko Regional Aircraft which has its origins at BAe Regional Aircraft and is the recent owner of CityJet, now solely a wet lease operator.

The LSE listed engineering group sold Stobart Air to the Connect Airways consortium as a part of the doomed takeover plan for Flybe. Following an arrangement with the receivers it is now owned by Everdeal Holdings Ltd, which is owned by the Stobart Group (45%); Invesco (42%); Cenkos Securities (8%); and Pádraig Ó Céidigh (5%), Aer Arann's former Chairman.

escaped.atco
13th Oct 2020, 17:48
While this is not a pleasant situation for any Stobart crew, am I correct in thinking that it will not directly impact Belfast City? The routes will hopefully continue albeit perhaps with a different subcontractor.

I suppose the question is who has a suitable fleet of aircraft that could replicate what Stobart does, I would think its a lot easier to make a profit with a turboprop than a half full jet these days!

Wycombe
13th Oct 2020, 19:06
who has a suitable fleet of aircraft that could replicate what Stobart does

There are quite a few Q400's now sat around at various airfields in north-western Germany.

escaped.atco
13th Oct 2020, 20:27
There are quite a few Q400's now sat around at various airfields in north-western Germany.
I must admit to having had some hopes a while ago of seeing a FlyBe Mk2 resurrected from the administration process but I think it was unlikely then and even more so each day that passes. Any other potential viable airlines/contractors out there? The options are limited!

allan1987
13th Oct 2020, 21:14
I must admit to having had some hopes a while ago of seeing a FlyBe Mk2 resurrected from the administration process but I think it was unlikely then and even more so each day that passes. Any other potential viable airlines/contractors out there? The options are limited!

Would be quite limited to Loganair and Eastern Airways. Unless possibly but unlikely CityJet would able to take some of the Q400's and make Virgin Connect MK2

Albert Hall
13th Oct 2020, 21:26
The prospects of Flybe MkII are so alarming that it's hard to see this being taken seriously. It was an airline which failed to generate substantive profits in the best of times, and although there will be a queue of people ready to decry the efforts of Saad, CO-W and those who followed, the incontrovertible truth is that none of them found the winning formula needed to make the business truly sustainable. Three rounds of management later - not all of whom could have been totally incompetent (surely!!) - and you are left with the conclusion that this was a fundamental problem with the business model that none of them could fix.

The notion that it could somehow return and create a sensible raison d'etre during the worst downturn that this industry has ever seen is fanciful. In times as dire as those we face today, I can see why the prospect may provide some faint hope that some will latch onto, but it is just that.

JSCL
13th Oct 2020, 21:40
Would be quite limited to Loganair and Eastern Airways. Unless possibly but unlikely CityJet would able to take some of the Q400's and make Virgin Connect MK2

City Jet currentky undergoing process to add E170 and E190 to its fleet. Entirely possible they're a good runner for this with reduced SAS work and Brussels work no more.

Albert Hall
13th Oct 2020, 21:46
...apart from the issue that the Aer Lingus Regional operation is confined to turboprops, as I understand it!

ECR
13th Oct 2020, 21:53
I seem to recall Air Nostrum at one time being linked as a potential suitor for Aer Lingus Regional. The are already an IAG franchisee operating the Iberia Regional brand.

allan1987
13th Oct 2020, 22:04
City Jet currentky undergoing process to add E170 and E190 to its fleet. Entirely possible they're a good runner for this with reduced SAS work and Brussels work no more.

This looks very possible for Cityjet and Virgin Connect using E190s

https://careers.cityjet.com/pilot-careers/fleet-technical-specialist-ejet
CityJet are seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Flight Operations Department. Reporting to the Chief Pilot, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the entry into service of the E-190 into a busy Regional ACMI airline.

The96er
13th Oct 2020, 22:07
I seem to recall Air Nostrum at one time being linked as a potential suitor for Aer Lingus Regional. The are already an IAG franchisee operating the Iberia Regional brand.

I seem to recall Air Nostrum registering Hibernian Airlines and obtaining an Irish AOC with the intention of bidding for the EI regional franchise. That was a few years ago and not heard much since.

SealinkBF
14th Oct 2020, 10:02
I seem to recall Air Nostrum registering Hibernian Airlines and obtaining an Irish AOC with the intention of bidding for the EI regional franchise. That was a few years ago and not heard much since.

Didn’t CityJet and Air Nostrum merge?

EI-BUD
14th Oct 2020, 12:16
This looks very possible for Cityjet and Virgin Connect using E190s

https://careers.cityjet.com/pilot-careers/fleet-technical-specialist-ejet
Virgin Connect.
Isn't that dead and gone...?

EI-BUD
14th Oct 2020, 12:17
Didn’t CityJet and Air Nostrum merge?
No the process didn't complete....

allan1987
14th Oct 2020, 12:35
Virgin Connect.
Isn't that dead and gone...?

Not sure
Found this on the flybe form

https://assets.ey.com/content/dam/ey-sites/ey-com/en_uk/generic/flybe-limited-administration/ey-flybe-progress-report-5-march-2020-to-4-september-20.pdf

Future conduct of the Administration The Joint Administrators will continue to deal with the Administration in line with the stated objective. Future tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:

selling the remaining business as a whole in an attempt to deliver a transaction that sees all or the majority of assets transfer, together with a number of retained employees;

liaising with the CAA in relation to the Operating Licence (as required) and any other activities in relation to the preservation of licences and the landing slots;

Though could another reason why Cityjet is interested in buying Stobart Air and bringing in E190's

OneBellEnd
14th Oct 2020, 16:47
Sale of Ireland's Stobart Air in jeopardy (https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/mXJCCx10DfL8G4U3Dm_L)

OneBellEnd
14th Oct 2020, 16:52
Sale of Ireland's Stobart Air in jeopardy13.10.2020Talks between Falko Regional Aircraft (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/entity/FALK), a lessor that controls CityJet (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/WX) (WX, Dublin Int'l (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airports/2201)), and Stobart Group (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/entity/STOB) over the sale of Irish regional specialist Stobart Air (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/REB) (RE, Dublin Int'l (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airports/2201)) are in jeopardy as the future of the latter's crucial contract with Aer Lingus (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/EI) (EI, Dublin Int'l (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airports/2201)) is uncertain, the Irish Independent has reported.

While some unnamed sources said that the negotiations had all but collapsed over a number of factors, including Stobart Air's USD100 million liabilities, other sources said that talks were ongoing but an offer had yet to be tabled.

Stobart Air currently depends entirely on its regional contract with Aer Lingus, wherein it operates all of its aircraft - one ATR42-600 (https://www.ch-aviation.com/aircraft-variants/ATR4260) and twelve ATR72-600 (https://www.ch-aviation.com/aircraft-variants/AT72600)s - under the Aer Lingus Regional brand. However, reports have recently surfaced that Aer Lingus launched a tender for an operator of these services after the end of 2022, instead of extending the current deal with Stobart Air. Should Stobart Air lose the contracts, its business model would be in jeopardy.

Stobart Group hopes to finalise the sale of the airline by February 2021. The holding said that it was "engaging actively with a number of parties interested in acquiring its stake in Stobart Air".

True Blue
14th Oct 2020, 19:37
USD100M liabilities. That is a big sum for a small airline in the current economic climate.

EI-BUD
15th Oct 2020, 11:36
USD100M liabilities. That is a big sum for a small airline in the current economic climate.

Certainly a lot of money, but in airline terms True Blue this isn't big, considering it is less than the price of 2 new airbus 320s.
What matters is for they can finance their operation for the coming months until we can get through this awful period. The challenge is how investable the business is, and that hinges on securing the franchise for the next contract.

JobsaGoodun
15th Oct 2020, 12:21
However, it is a lot of liability to any prospective buyer if there's the potential for the EI regional flying contract to go elsewhere in 2022.
Hopefully, they'll be able to secure an extension to protect the business in the longer term

southside bobby
15th Oct 2020, 12:36
It IS a lot of money..
Poor example...NO airline even pre-Covid hands over wads of cash to pay for A320`s up front & complete.

escaped.atco
15th Oct 2020, 19:16
Its a lot of cash to the average Joe Bloggs but I think EIBUD was just trying to put it in perspective. So in this case I don't think it is a poor example - in my opinion.

southside bobby
15th Oct 2020, 19:37
Not too sure any perspective would reflect other than USD100M is a VERY large liability.

EI-BUD
15th Oct 2020, 22:33
Its a lot of cash to the average Joe Bloggs but I think EIBUD was just trying to put it in perspective. So in this case I don't think it is a poor example - in my opinion.
Thank you Escaped. Atco.
Nice when somebody has your back 👌

DUB19
27th Oct 2020, 15:18
Aer Lingus appear to be switching the morning departure from BHD to LHR to 7:40 am. The route will be 3x daily according to the EI website

ECR
27th Oct 2020, 16:38
This is certainly a much more useful time for those travelling to London from Belfast, but I hope it doesn't lead to IAG cancelling the (night stopping) early morning BA flight.

Alteagod
10th Nov 2020, 00:23
Loganair to launch MME flights from FEB 2021.

mart901
10th Nov 2020, 05:34
Two airlines flying to MME?

DUB19
12th Nov 2020, 20:27
British Airways A321 Neo due to operate BA1414 from LHR tomorrow morning - I believe it is for demand purposes

Alteagod
12th Nov 2020, 21:39
I believe nearly fully booked on inbound

DUB19
18th Nov 2020, 14:53
AMS appears to have been suspended until mid December

SKOJB
18th Nov 2020, 15:35
lucky if it is, other regionals until mid Feb!

Alteagod
18th Nov 2020, 16:51
As long as it comes back. Mid December is actually not that far away in the grand scheme of things.