PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Airways-2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

SWBKCB
13th Feb 2020, 08:39
Isn't Carlisle also covered from NCL? And has the Eastern base left NCL?

Rottweiler22
13th Feb 2020, 09:03
Isn't Carlisle also covered from NCL? And has the Eastern base left NCL?

The Carlisle is a damp lease. Aircraft and flight deck are from an Estonian carrier called NyxAir. Cabin crew are Loganair, based from Newcastle. From what I remember, CAX is a temporary contract (2 years I think). Which is why LM won’t have their own base there. They want as few bases as possible, as maintenance of their ageing fleet is much cheaper and easier.

I didn’t think Eastern were pulling out of NCL, just going down from 2 to 1 aircraft, and just doing 1 ABZ per day. But this was a few weeks ago, so plenty could have changed since then. The NCL-ABZ must be dead in the water for Eastern with Loganair on the patch, so I reckon they may as well fully pull out of NCL and go to MME where there is no competition (and no disrespect, but nobody to compare their poor reliability with).

Jamesair
13th Feb 2020, 10:04
Correct, NCL - ABZ down to 1 per day but operated by an ATR72

Rottweiler22
13th Feb 2020, 12:55
Correct, NCL - ABZ down to 1 per day but operated by an ATR72

Ah, that makes sense. In that case, it sounds like a full Eastern base closure of Newcastle, as the ATR is ABZ based.

Still, having seen some of their loads, a Jetstream 41 was massively oversized. Never mind an ATR.

Saabdriver1
13th Feb 2020, 13:00
If you're thinking the LM base at Newcastle won't be there for long, I'm pretty sure time will prove you wrong. Brussels, Stavanger and soon Bergen and Newquay are all routes that you could not easily fly from NCL without a base. The issue with NWI was that the two routes of ABZ and EDI were both to existing Loganair bases. There's just no comparison between the two.

Cautious Optimist
15th Feb 2020, 19:06
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I've seen reports that the three Eastern E190s are ex Flybe, but Flybe operate 195s and the press release seems to be quite clear about 190s, can anyone clarify? Ta

Jenny Tails
15th Feb 2020, 21:38
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I've seen reports that the three Eastern E190s are ex Flybe, but Flybe operate 195s and the press release seems to be quite clear about 190s, can anyone clarify? Ta

Try G-FBEI, G-FBEJ and G-FBEK

P330
16th Feb 2020, 08:06
So, E195s then.

N707ZS
16th Feb 2020, 09:59
E195s Wonder if these might appear in the Teesside master plan for holiday flights.

Tagron
16th Feb 2020, 10:06
And perhaps the reason for confusion is that the correct technical designation for these "E195s" is ERJ-190-200LR. For verification see G-INFO, where Embraer 195 is shown as the Popular Name..

P330
16th Feb 2020, 11:54
E195s Wonder if these might appear in the Teesside master plan for holiday flights.

Certainly the right size aircraft to fill at good yields. More than enough range and comfort for the Spain runs.

SWBKCB
16th Feb 2020, 12:37
Certainly the right size aircraft to fill at good yields. More than enough range and comfort for the Spain runs.

Only if the Mayor's pockets are deep - 195 won't be able to operate at the prices locals will want to pay.

Also, am I right in that the 195 can't do LCY? If so, that rules out the CFE rumour.

Flightrider
16th Feb 2020, 13:19

Haven't Flybe already tried that with the very same aircraft?!

fjencl
16th Feb 2020, 13:26
I guess time will tell wherever Eastern Airways decide to base there 170/190's

SKOJB
16th Feb 2020, 13:26
Haven't Flybe already tried that with the very same aircraft?!

not sure of yield but the BE lease charges were through the roof!

TartinTon
16th Feb 2020, 19:42
not sure of yield but the BE lease charges were through the roof!

A common misconception. The lease rates were through the roof on the 175's. The 195's are just an expensive aircraft to operate. 175 operating costs weren't that dissimilar to the Dash's.

BAladdy
17th Feb 2020, 02:13
Do you have a link to these reports?

Jenny Tails
17th Feb 2020, 07:46
Do you have a link to these reports?
https://www.easternairways.com/news/65/embraer-e-jets-return-to-eastern-airways-fleet

virginblue
17th Feb 2020, 08:11
The E195's official designation is E190-200. Maybe that is the reason, because Eastern also uses the somewhat uncommon designation E170-100LR in its press release for the E170 (the E175 officially is the E170-200).

NickBarnes
17th Feb 2020, 08:49
https://www.easternairways.com/news/65/embraer-e-jets-return-to-eastern-airways-fleet
What I find strange in that press release is the mentioning of ABZ - NWI which they no longer operate :ugh:

JSCL
17th Feb 2020, 08:50
I can assure you now - Eastern have no desire to be operating the E-Jets on short hops. They're going after a different market it seems.

NickBarnes
17th Feb 2020, 09:01
I can assure you now - Eastern have no desire to be operating the E-Jets on short hops. They're going after a different market it seems.

This is definitely sensible and good news!

P330
17th Feb 2020, 10:47

Do we have any clue what this maybe? Could Spanish bucket and spade routes be really on the cards?

BAladdy
17th Feb 2020, 10:52
I have read this article however, I was more interested in the source of the reports that Cautious Optimist referee to in there post. As haven’t heard or read anywhere that the aircraft are ex BE.

The original press release states:

“Both the Embraer 170 and 190 have the ability of offering steep approaches to restricted airports, good short-field performance and long-range operations making them one of the most flexible aircraft in the up to 100-seat market”

The E170 fulfils all the criteria listed above, However I believe the E195’s are fitted with more than 100 seats and I am not sure if they have the steep approach capabilities mentioned in the original press release.

Expressflight
17th Feb 2020, 11:06
The Embraer 195 definitely cannot operate into LCY.

fjencl
17th Feb 2020, 13:32
Maybe somebody with company inside information will be able to furnish some more news on where the 170/190's are going to operate and be based at.

Cautious Optimist
17th Feb 2020, 13:42
Talk of the 170 being parked at MME when not doing charter work, not sure how true that is

gkmeech
17th Feb 2020, 15:19
Maybe they are going to use these exFlybe machines on the summer sun routes out of Southampton, which Flybe have abandoned.

stewyb
17th Feb 2020, 18:31
Maybe they are going to use these exFlybe machines on the summer sun routes out of Southampton, which Flybe have abandoned.

Don’t think so, would have been announced by now for S20!

fotheringay
17th Feb 2020, 21:35
Just out of interest, does anybody know what the load factors were when Flybe flew out of Norwich to Alicante and Malaga?

P330
19th Feb 2020, 11:00
Has anything been discussed about what would happen to Eastern’s operations if Flybe ceased trading?

ATNotts
19th Feb 2020, 12:53
Just out of interest, does anybody know what the load factors were when Flybe flew out of Norwich to Alicante and Malaga?

Whatever they are, they are largely immaterial to whether the routes were a success financially. Sell 100 seats at £10 each and you've got £1000 revenue, sell the same 100 seats at £100 and you've got £10000. It's the revenue that counts, not the load factor.

Has anything been discussed about what would happen to Eastern’s operations if Flybe ceased trading?

It would be surprising with such a scenario and it's effect on Eastern had not been discussed by Eastern's management. I suppose it's just conceivable that the addition of three E190 / E195 (delete which not applicable) may be some sort of contingency since they apparently don't have any concrete work for them, at least so far as has been publicly announced.

P330
19th Feb 2020, 14:53
Whatever they are, they are largely immaterial to whether the routes were a success financially. Sell 100 seats at £10 each and you've got £1000 revenue, sell the same 100 seats at £100 and you've got £10000. It's the revenue that counts, not the load factor.

It would be surprising with such a scenario and it's effect on Eastern had not been discussed by Eastern's management. I suppose it's just conceivable that the addition of three E190 / E195 (delete which not applicable) may be some sort of contingency since they apparently don't have any concrete work for them, at least so far as has been publicly announced.

That is interesting.

I believe Eastern don’t directly sell anymore, so if Flybe went, how would Eastern be able to sell capacity on their flights? Presumably, they would have to resurrect their own sales side? Clearly I am thinking of the MME operation which will soon have a very big Eastern presence (sold through Flybe).

ATNotts
19th Feb 2020, 15:47
That is interesting.

I believe Eastern don’t directly sell anymore, so if Flybe went, how would Eastern be able to sell capacity on their flights? Presumably, they would have to resurrect their own sales side? Clearly I am thinking of the MME operation which will soon have a very big Eastern presence (sold through Flybe).

If they cherry picked the profitable routes and ignored the chaff I would have thought setting a new independent reservations / sales operation may be a small price to pay. The trick would be to not pick up any of the more marginal routes, and given that my hypothesis involves taking on E-jets, then thin routes would also be a no no.

Don't begin to know how they perform financially with Flybe, but I would imagine the likes of BHX and SOU to GLA / EDI may be interesting, also perhaps routes like BHX and MAN to Milan and Stuttgart could prove viable provided the leasing costs on the 190/195s were a better deal than the one that Flybe got themselves into.

Albert Hall
19th Feb 2020, 16:09
Word on the street is that the Embraer 190s are an aspiration and a long way off becoming a reality. Most of the discussions above could appear to be just as speculative.

The 170 is the aircraft they originally had in their fleet.

TartinTon
19th Feb 2020, 17:52
Word on the street is that the Embraer 190s are an aspiration and a long way off becoming a reality. Most of the discussions above could appear to be just as speculative.

The 170 is the aircraft they originally had in their fleet.

According to Jethros the 3 x 190s have been acquired by Eastern with no in service dates. On an unrelated matter Flybe return their next 195 to the lessor tomorrow, the one after that on 13 Mar and the next one on 18Apr....

virginblue
20th Feb 2020, 10:18
Before some get carried away - in this month's Airliner World, the news item on Eastern's plan to acquire E190s has the information that the aircraft are intended to strengthen the airline's charter operation.

Skipness One Foxtrot
20th Feb 2020, 10:53
Given Flybe are now quite possibly going to close, given Virgin Connect is no more than a name with six weeks to go before the summer season and no business plan to feed VS announced, what's the contingency plan for T3 on day one if their whole booking engine and payment process closes down with Flybe?

I remember how long it took, how much it cost and how much pain and hassle doing so inflicted on Loganair, as they had to put in a new website to deal with this, but they had months of notice.
It's not an overnight fix, given the likely revenue gap and lack of confidence, is there a business plan to address this danger?

willy wombat
20th Feb 2020, 11:12
The obvious answer would be to do a deal with someone else - Loganair?

JSCL
20th Feb 2020, 11:14
Eastern may possibly still be onboarded with AirKiosk and may possibly be loading schedules as a contingengy... it's all sub-hosted, so very little work on their website and more for ops on the backend.

rhutch28
23rd Feb 2020, 15:58
Anyone know why G-CDEB has returned to Humberside from being in storage at Orebro since April 2019. Are they planning on returning it to service
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-cdeb

mmeteesside
23rd Feb 2020, 20:41
Anyone know why G-CDEB has returned to Humberside from being in storage at Orebro since April 2019. Are they planning on returning it to service
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-cdeb

More than likely, with two extra aircraft worth of work coming online in next few weeks at Teesside. First one starts in two weeks and then 27th April the second arrives.

N707ZS
23rd Feb 2020, 22:04
They have been told they must improve their punctuality at Teesside so this might be a back up aircraft for when things go tec.

N707ZS
25th Feb 2020, 15:06
The 170 has been doing the rounds today Humberside, Teesside to Aberdeen, still all white. Could do with the billboard logo back on again to advertise the airline.

Robert-Ryan
28th Feb 2020, 01:12
Surprised no-one has commented to Wednesday's Teesside-Alicante announcement, significantly removed from Eastern's usual business model!

Gunfighter52
28th Feb 2020, 08:35
I believe it was also implied in the local papers by Eastern that it was possibly a precursor to an expanded network in 2021.

Gunfighter52
28th Feb 2020, 08:39
I believe it was also implied in the local papers by Eastern that it was possibly a precursor to an expanded network in 2021.
Further to my own post:Roger Hage, Eastern Airways’ General Manager Commercial & Operations, said:

“This is fantastic news that we are in a position to offer an initial summer 2020 program of sun flights to Alicante from Teesside. This is all part of our growing partnership with Teesside with major plans for 2021, aside from the six domestic and Irish new routes we’ve already announced enhancing regional connectivity.”

Jenny Tails
28th Feb 2020, 08:55
Certainly a big bet for them and still not massive utilisation of the airframes. Still if they are willing to take the punt then I hope it works out well for them.

SWBKCB
28th Feb 2020, 08:58
Surprised no-one has commented to Wednesday's Teesside-Alicante announcement, significantly removed from Eastern's usual business model!

Am I making this up but didn't they try something to places like VRN from the MME, HUY and NWI when they got the E70's the first time??

Not that we'll ever find out, but be interesting to know how much of the commercial risk Eastern are carrying on these flights.

Dissapointing on the likes of FB to see £240 return described as "expensive" - no pleasing some people!

jensdad
28th Feb 2020, 09:31
Dissapointing on the likes of FB to see £240 return described as "expensive" - no pleasing some people!
It's all relative I guess. Eastern are in an environment where a family of 3 or 4 can fly from Newcastle or Leeds Bradford for roughly the same price. Hopefully there'll be enough people who appreciate the convenience of having an international airport on their doorstep.
I agree, though, that what a lot of folks see these days as their entitlement to virtually free travel isn't really commercially (or environmentally) sustainable. And FB keyboard warriors who can't see a piece of good news without whingeing about it boil my water as well!

oldart
28th Feb 2020, 10:42
If I am correct the seat pitch on the E170 is 32", which I believe is the same for a seat, maybe with TUI, that you have to pay extra for. This brings the flight cost to a more reasonable level and also the seating is two X two, which would suit a family of four better.

virginblue
28th Feb 2020, 10:50
The punters also seem to overlook that Eastern will only be operating during high season. Very unlikely that the likes of easyJet and Jet2 give away tickets from LBA or NCL to ALC for a tenner in July or August....

LGWAlan
2nd Mar 2020, 12:22
MME-ALC 0800-1050/1150-1440 Monday and Friday BE7780/1 17/7/20 through to 11/9/20 according to Amadeus.
However - suspect timings incorrect as it shows 1h50 out and 3h50 home!

Gurnard
2nd Mar 2020, 13:57
Might be worth checking again. I read that as 2h50 both ways. Don't forget the time difference too.

FFHKG
2nd Mar 2020, 14:27
A flight time of 2h50 from MME sounds about right. Jet2 are showing a flight time from NCL to ALC as 3h5 this coming summer.

LGWAlan
3rd Mar 2020, 12:14
indeed - duration showed as 1h50 on amadeus.

Now been updated to be 0800-1150 out with a flight time of 2h50

LBIA
5th Mar 2020, 14:11
Eastern Airways to open 3x ex flybe operated routes.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/eastern-airways-to-operate-independently-after-flybe-demise-21596

Southampton - Manchester
Southampton - Newcastle
Aberdeen - Birmingham

Albert Hall
5th Mar 2020, 14:59
Head to head with Loganair on two of the three new routes. Crazy - surely there is enough to go around without going up against each other.

flyerguy
5th Mar 2020, 15:04
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/920x2000/94c25681_b8c4_476e_8bce_e6980e34708a_be1c4741c719a0d740c7c17 95893db6d19df7af0.png
Looks like there is a booking system behind the blue box. Looks like there reactivating there booking system.

rhutch28
5th Mar 2020, 15:58
Do Eastern have enough planes to run the new services?
Any idea what planes they will use for them?

Atlantic Explorer
5th Mar 2020, 16:21
Head to head with Loganair on two of the three new routes. Crazy - surely there is enough to go around without going up against each other.

For the love of god, has nobody learned anything in the regional market? Let’s just squander a heap of cash on thin routes in competition with each other and make a loss while we’re at it! Unbelievable!

Letsflycwl
5th Mar 2020, 16:28
For the love of god, has nobody learned anything in the regional market? Let’s just squander a heap of cash on thin routes in competition with each other and make a loss while we’re at it! Unbelievable!

Have to agree with you there.....Eastern (or Loganair) should look at the Regional Airports where BE we’re prominent and look at the potential at these airports......

In my case, CWL has lost BHD, CMF, ORK, DUB, EDI, GVA, JER & CDG. Loganair have quickly taken over the EDI but that leaves the “main” routes to BHD, DUB & CDG with no operator at all.

With no other competitors on routes like this (not just from CWL) you’d think they’d look into the potential than going straight into compete with other new carriers on the same routes.

bycrewlgw
5th Mar 2020, 18:19
Have to agree with you there.....Eastern (or Loganair) should look at the Regional Airports where BE we’re prominent and look at the potential at these airports......

In my case, CWL has lost BHD, CMF, ORK, DUB, EDI, GVA, JER & CDG. Loganair have quickly taken over the EDI but that leaves the “main” routes to BHD, DUB & CDG with no operator at all.

With no other competitors on routes like this (not just from CWL) you’d think they’d look into the potential than going straight into compete with other new carriers on the same routes.

Ah that word ‘potential’. Unfortunately they only have a limited number of A/C and crew so they’ll go where they can make the money. If that’s competing against another airline they’ll do it. It could be that CWL - BHD For example is too marginal. The routes will start up again eventually but let’s be realistic, BE haven’t been gone a day yet...

HH6702
5th Mar 2020, 19:25
Those routes may be the biggest market and could cope with 2 airlines

NCL-SOU used to be operated for years with eastern and Flybe.

T3 will know how big these markets are and profits to be made out of them

Albert Hall
5th Mar 2020, 19:57
Isn't the answer more insidious: this is pretty blatant that Eastern are just trying to irritate Loganair, presumably into taking them over?

Can't see it happening myself but it is the only rational explanation for deliberately going head-to-head on two routes when there are literally handfuls of others to enjoy to yourself.

mullac30
5th Mar 2020, 20:37
Isn't the answer more insidious: this is pretty blatant that Eastern are just trying to irritate Loganair, presumably into taking them over?

Can't see it happening myself but it is the only rational explanation for deliberately going head-to-head on two routes when there are literally handfuls of others to enjoy to yourself.
If they really did want to irritate LM, then surely they would try the Northern Isles routes again?

fjencl
6th Mar 2020, 18:43
From 1000am tomorrow morning, Eastern Airways ticket booking and flight search engine will go LIVE on there web site.

Letsflycwl
6th Mar 2020, 19:03
Would Eastern contemplate any of the core BE routes from CWL to BHD, DUB or CDG? Especially as they are already a known airline operating to ABZ, VLY & MME.

rpmac
6th Mar 2020, 20:01
Surprised that Eastern haven't taken on the BHD to LBA route, usually 4 to 5 flights a day.

Atlantic Explorer
6th Mar 2020, 20:13
Would Eastern contemplate any of the core BE routes from CWL to BHD, DUB or CDG? Especially as they are already a known airline operating to ABZ, VLY & MME.

With what? They’ve got a very small fleet as it is.

Letsflycwl
6th Mar 2020, 20:42
With what? They’ve got a very small fleet as it is.

Well they had started to advertise for CWL cabin crew before the collapse of BE happened. They already have x1 J41 based there too which is primarily for the Government PSO service to VLY. An additional J41 could easily fit in both BHD & DUB to their network.

PDXCWL45
6th Mar 2020, 20:43
You may think I'm being pessimistic but I wouldn't get your hopes up about routes being replaced at Cardiff especially in the short term. It'll most likely take Cardiff the longest to recover from this.

SealinkBF
6th Mar 2020, 20:51
Why are Eastern going into competition with Loganair?

6th Mar 2020, 22:48
For flights booked on flybe services operated by our franchise partners, Eastern Airways and Blue Islands, these continue to operate as normal today and we ask you to contact them directly at [email protected] or on 08703-669100 for Eastern Airways.

Is this a clumsy wording, or are Eastern doing customer service for Blue Islands?

SWBKCB
7th Mar 2020, 10:38
From 1000am tomorrow morning, Eastern Airways ticket booking and flight search engine will go LIVE on there web site.

Not working for me yet - anybody else been able to access it?

flyerguy
7th Mar 2020, 11:01

Blue Islands went live this morning so maybe a bit of confusion?

SWBKCB
7th Mar 2020, 11:12
Nope - none.

Teesside Airport: Eastern Airway's booking system to go live after Flybe collapse (https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18288275.teesside-airport-eastern-airways-booking-system-go-live-flybe-collapse/)

fjencl
7th Mar 2020, 12:37
YES its working now

SWBKCB
7th Mar 2020, 14:01
Cheers - sorted now. One minor addition noted is a couple of IOM flights over August Bank Holiday from Teesside.

NorthEasterner
7th Mar 2020, 14:18
Looks like Eastern will be basing a F100 (lease?) and a ER-4 at SOU.

SOU - NCL
up to 2 daily:
0710 and 1510 (MON-THU)
1110 and 1510 (FRI)
1510 (SUN)

Only displays 2 daily on the SOU-NCL and 1 afternoon flight on the NCL-SOU - Maybe this is a website error, or will position elsewhere empty?

SOU - MAN
0715 and 1515 (Mon-Thu)
1115 and 1515 (Fri)
1515 (Sun)

LBA and MME look remain unchanged

JSCL
7th Mar 2020, 14:19
Is it possibly the E170? Designation is 100LR.

fjencl
7th Mar 2020, 14:42
Sounds correct then ........

rhutch28
7th Mar 2020, 17:54
​​​​​​Booking system now showing Embraer 170 for the Manchester - Southampton flights

fjencl
7th Mar 2020, 18:16
Perhaps they have another Embraer 170 coming to the fleet as with only 1 currently, then it wont be able to operate a MME - ALC - MME and a SOU - MAN - SOU at similar times on Mondays

stewyb
7th Mar 2020, 19:01
Perhaps they have another Embraer 170 coming to the fleet as with only 1 currently, then it wont be able to operate a MME - ALC - MME and a SOU - MAN - SOU at similar times on Mondays

Maybe they will have the ex BE e95’s by then!

N707ZS
7th Mar 2020, 22:04
Their other 170 is still stored at Lourdes.

oldart
8th Mar 2020, 09:59
I would imagine that Eastern could be taking on ex Flybe crew to work some of their new routes, once they have been through the health and safety issues, they should be able to fly within a short period of time.

Irish Cream
8th Mar 2020, 12:04
Who is financing this expansion?

SWBKCB
9th Mar 2020, 17:55
Who is financing this expansion?

They're hardly pushing the boat out - they'll got very good deals from the airports involved, re-instated the leases of two a/c that have been parked up for months as nobody else wants them and also using the under utilised ERJ-145's - I don't think they're renowned as being big payers, either...

Albert Hall
9th Mar 2020, 18:49
I'm hearing that they definitely haven't got a deal at Southampton for the Newcastle route.

Letsflycwl
9th Mar 2020, 18:56
Recruiting for crew at CWL according to their careers webpage.....

Wycombe
9th Mar 2020, 20:06
Message up on the Eastern website this evening....

We apologise for the delays in customers trying to reach us today (Monday 9 March 2020), having already taken over 3,000 bookings so far today. Our teams have been inundated with calls and emails and are working hard to respond to everyone quickly. Our phone lines are open again at 8am tomorrow or book directly here on the website

LBIA
13th Mar 2020, 18:01
Looks like Eastern Airways have started to feel the down turn effect due to the on going out-break of the #CoronaVirus as they have just announced quite a few flight cancellations for next week and its also temporary suspending its recently started Birmingham to Aberdeen route,

https://www.easternairways.com/announcements/coronavirus-information?fbclid=IwAR1or2-oQQRYtCkC4CcW2DUjLro-WN_yU0wKGU7cJm4K6GOyitKg1Wg68-4

The following services will NOT be operating, and all other flights remain as scheduled;

Monday 16th March:
T3 7604 Leeds Bradford – Southampton transferred to T3 7606 at 1710hrs
T3 7605 Southampton-Leeds Bradford transferred to T3 7607 at 1900hrs
T3 7661 Aberdeen-Wick refunded
T3 7662 Wick-Aberdeen refunded
Tuesday 17th March:
T3 7641 Aberdeen-Humberside transferred to T3 7645 at 1535hrs
T3 7642 Humberside-Aberdeen transferred to T3 7640 at 0645hrs or T3 7646 at 1735hrs
Wednesday 18th March:
T3 7604 Leeds Bradford – Southampton transferred to T3 7606 at 1710hrs
T3 7605 Southampton-Leeds Bradford transferred to T3 7607 at 1900hrs
T3 7640 Humberside-Aberdeen transferred to T3 7642 at 1045hrs
T3 7641 Aberdeen-Humberside transferred to T3 7645 at 1535hrs
Thursday 19th March:
Friday 20th March:

Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd March:
All our Aberdeen-Birmingham / Birmingham-Aberdeen services have been suspended with a revised start date now of Monday 23rd March. Passengers will be contacted regarding their options.

SealinkBF
19th Mar 2020, 17:15
Wick Aberdeen indeed suspended until 17th April. This leaves Wick Airport with no schedule services from 28th March.

SWBKCB
20th Mar 2020, 17:59
Roger Hage, Eastern Airways’ General Manager Commercial & Operations, said: “Given the current Covid-19 reductions in travel, we have held back from announcing a number of route start dates at both Southampton and Belfast City as determining these dates isn’t feasible in the immediacy.

“We can confirm Southampton-Dublin is among seven routes we have held off announcing but once there is a clear view when services will return to normal, we will confirm all routes and start dates to help ensure regional connectivity around the UK is expanded, especially given this will be paramount to the UK’s economic recovery.”

https://www.easternairways.com/news/72/eastern-airways-holds-off-planned-new-route-announcements

PDXCWL45
20th Mar 2020, 21:27
Hopefully one of the future Belfast city routes will be to Cardiff.

Letsflycwl
20th Mar 2020, 21:34
Hopefully one of the future Belfast city routes will be to Cardiff.

Hopefully CWL will be one but will but guess they have more important things to worry about at present and wish them and all the other airlines all the best during this uncertain time

LBIA
24th Mar 2020, 12:35
Eastern Airways suspending majority of its flights:

https://www.easternairways.com/announcements/coronavirus-information

Updated Tuesday 24th March 2020 at 10:30

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

Due to the effects of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and Government instruction relating to essential travel only, Eastern Airways will suspend the majority of its scheduled network for the short term for a period of 24 days from Wednesday 25th March 2020 until currently Friday 17th April 2020. This includes flights from Aberdeen (except Humberside service), Anglesey, Belfast City, Cardiff, Dublin, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle, Southampton, Teesside International, Wick.

For those passengers who are no longer travelling, we can offer one single rebooking option for travel to be completed by 23 October 2020, subject to original fare class availability. Rebooking requests to be emailed to [email protected]?subject=Eastern%20Airways . All customer enquiries are via email only.

Any passenger with a Flybe booking should contact their payment provider for a refund.

We will continue to follow Government guidance on wider travel restrictions and further adjustments may be required.

We appreciate the curtailment of travel provides difficulties for those including key workers, and we will endeavour to re-establish a schedule as Government guidelines allow.

Humberside – Aberdeen flights will continue on a temporary revised schedule from Wednesday 25th March to Friday 17th April 2020 as below:
Humberside-Aberdeen route Mon-Fri only
Humberside-Aberdeen 0945dep/1110arr T3 7642
Aberdeen-Humberside 1435dep/1600arr T3 7647

New route start dates
Aberdeen-Birmingham new route revised start date 27 April 2020
Southampton-Dublin start date to be advised
Teesside-London City start date remains 27 April 2020

Gunfighter52
24th Mar 2020, 18:11
Embraer 145 5N-BWQ has returned from its stint in Nigeria and will return to service as G-CIYX.

Hotel Uniform Yankee
29th Apr 2020, 19:28
None of Eastern Airways flights appear to be bookable, even the HUY to ABZ. Are they still operating?

davidjohnson6
29th Apr 2020, 19:41
Try using Chrome. Firefox doesn't seem to work with Eastern's website

Wolfgang5150
1st May 2020, 15:06
Apparently you can book flights, just wondering how they're implementing social distancing, are they testing passengers?

Wolfgang5150
20th May 2020, 23:36
Would you want to get onboard a full J41?

SWBKCB
21st May 2020, 05:32

As much as any other full airliner - this is an industry wide issue.

allan1987
31st May 2020, 20:55
Eastern Airways starting up on the Monday 22nd June on specific routes

Coronavirus (COVID-19) reduced travel restrictions:

Due to the effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic significsntly reducing and Government advice allowing for the removal of many travel restrictions, Eastern Airways has been working in conjunction with all our airport, aircraft cleaning and passenger care providers to ensure robust and approaprite measures are in-place throughout all aspects of your journey. Individual airports will detail specific measures or requirements in-place for your specific journey with us.

As a result, we are pleased to confirm following detailed planning with all our airport partners and service providers, the following scheduled services will commence on the following dates, each with an initial single daily weekday service in each direction.

Monday 22nd June:

ABERDEEN - NEWCASTLE

ABERDEEN - TEESSIDE

ABERDEEN - SOUTHAMPTON*

SOUTHAMPTON - BELFAST CITY

SOUTHAMPTON - MANCHESTER

TEESSIDE - ABERDEEN

TEESSIDE - BELFAST CITY

Monday 29th June:

LEEDS BRADFORD - SOUTHAMPTON

TEESSIDE - SOUTHAMPTON

Monday 6th July:

TEESSIDE - LONDON CITY

Other Services:

Some services will have dates advised in the coming days, including Aberdeen-Wick, Cardiff-Anglesey, Cardiff-Teesside, Cardiff-Aberdeen, Teesside-Dublin, Southampton-Dublin in addition to a number of new services.

LlamaFarmer
31st May 2020, 21:55
Good to see they ran it through a spellchecker first

panpanpanpan
31st May 2020, 23:11

Another way to look at it. Would you be statistically at less risk sharing a space with 30 people or sharing a space with 150 people on a larger aircraft? Is there less chance of someone having the virus amongst 30 as opposed to several amongst 150?

The last option is of course that we all continue to hide behind our sofas for the remainder of 2020 and perhaps the first few months of 2021. The money fairy will naturally continue to pay for all of our mortgages and living expenses. This money is free and does not have to be paid back - ever. After we have all hidden away for at least a year I hate to say it but there's a chance the virus will still be present. As will various other nasty bugs that have also been present for years and years.

Or we could start to live our lives again and use air travel sensibly and take precautions. We adapted to new security after 9/11, we can adapt to this, on either large or small aircraft.

Cloud1
1st Jun 2020, 06:41
Another way to look at it. Would you be statistically at less risk sharing a space with 30 people or sharing a space with 150 people on a larger aircraft? Is there less chance of someone having the virus amongst 30 as opposed to several amongst 150?

The last option is of course that we all continue to hide behind our sofas for the remainder of 2020 and perhaps the first few months of 2021. The money fairy will naturally continue to pay for all of our mortgages and living expenses. This money is free and does not have to be paid back - ever. After we have all hidden away for at least a year I hate to say it but there's a chance the virus will still be present. As will various other nasty bugs that have also been present for years and years.

Or we could start to live our lives again and use air travel sensibly and take precautions. We adapted to new security after 9/11, we can adapt to this, on either large or small aircraft.

The problem comes back once again to the media unsurprisingly. The British public are so swayed by what the headlines say there is a large amount of the population who are seemingly too scared to sit on an aircraft but will happily congregate in large groups in the parks or on the beach. If the media was to run some headlines on the evidence around aircraft air filters, included interviews with the aircraft manufacturers and discussed the likelihood’s of contracting Covid in those circumstances assuming face masks are worn I think this may offer some reassurance.

But of course this would be a more positive spin news story so won’t likely get coverage.

Keeping the middle seat empty and a 14 day quarantine just isn’t necessary. Do a temperature check at the entrance to the airport - ok it will delay getting in but it’s no worse than having to queue to get your baggage screened before entering the terminal like you do in some airports in the world. And it will hopefully only be temporary.

I am not sure anymore whether people fear getting on an aircraft or simply don’t want to go abroad / don’t want people entering the U.K. because of the risk of infection. If it’s the latter then more needs to be done to enforce the current restrictions as stupid as they seem to be. So many people yesterday were out in our park drinking with more and more getting drunk at which point social distancing went out the window.

SWBKCB
1st Jun 2020, 06:51
As this is an Eastern Airways discussion, can you clarify what types of filters are fitted to their fleet, and which a/c have middle seats?

Albert Hall
1st Jun 2020, 07:50
I'm not sure whether there was a degree of irony in the original post. The middle seat on a J41 is probably the most uncomfortable place to be on any commercial aircraft, with or without Coronavirus at large....

jamestkirk
1st Jun 2020, 10:14
I obviously incorrectly thought that EA would not survive the last few years. But RL's business model yet again in working and that is great for the employees.

Flybe's demise has no doubt given them some great opportunities to further the business.

Wish the best for them. It will be interesting to see if there is a fleet expansion/addition.

LlamaFarmer
1st Jun 2020, 16:06
JTK I was of the same opinion, I was surprised it survived as far as January 2020.

I'm completely flabbergasted that coronavirus lockdown hasn't killed it off. Perhaps it has managed to furlough all the staff for a few months and go into hibernation with low ongoing costs essentially.

Cautious Optimist
1st Jun 2020, 17:05
Their finances available on the usual company check websites paint a worrying picture

Atlantic Explorer
1st Jun 2020, 18:34
JTK I was of the same opinion, I was surprised it survived as far as January 2020.

I'm completely flabbergasted that coronavirus lockdown hasn't killed it off. Perhaps it has managed to furlough all the staff for a few months and go into hibernation with low ongoing costs essentially.

RL no doubt pumping his own fortune into the business to keep it afloat, it’s personal to him. Any other owner and it would have gone to the wall years ago.

LlamaFarmer
1st Jun 2020, 20:46
RL no doubt pumping his own fortune into the business to keep it afloat, it’s personal to him. Any other owner and it would have gone to the wall years ago.

I suppose he made a lot from selling it to Bristow then buying it back, so I guess he can afford to keep it going for a while.

Cloud1
1st Jun 2020, 21:05
As this is an Eastern Airways discussion, can you clarify what types of filters are fitted to their fleet, and which a/c have middle seats?

No. It may be an Eastern thread but I can still make a comment regarding aviation travel and my perception of customer attitude to air travel. Most customers won’t know the difference between Eastern’s fleet and any other plane.

Fly757X
5th Jun 2020, 00:13
Would appear both G-CHMR/CISK have appeared on listings over at Skyworld...

G-CHMR (MSN 145405) https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts/erj-145-mp-for-sale/

G-CISK (MSN 145570)
https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts/easa-erj-145-lr-for-sale/

allan1987
5th Jun 2020, 00:40
Would appear both G-CHMR/CISK have appeared on listings over at Skyworld...

G-CHMR (MSN 145405) https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts/erj-145-mp-for-sale/

G-CISK (MSN 145570)
https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts/easa-erj-145-lr-for-sale/

SE-DZA (MSN145070) is for sale/lease as well
https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts/easa-erj-145-ep-for-sale-lease/

Fly757X
5th Jun 2020, 01:12
SE-DZA (MSN145070) is for sale/lease as well
https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts/easa-erj-145-ep-for-sale-lease/

Cheers, Was wondering why it made its way back to HUY.

rog747
5th Jun 2020, 05:44
I need to go to Yorkshire asap for a day trip - it is for business
(ATM we cannot stay overnight under the current lock-down rules) and it is a bloody long drive from sleepy Dorset to go for the day, not even gonna go there.

Great, let's fly I thought -

I live fairly local to SOU and wish to use, and support my local airport -
Eastern re-start LBA 29 June.

Very p'''d off to see that although they are now flying again to/from LBA their flight times are totally useless for a day trip - 17.05 departure from SOU.
This will never work for us, so why did they even bother?

OK let's go to LHR -
BA have just announced last week they are dropping their LBA from LHR - An almost continuous link since before my days working at BMA at LHR when we took over the LBA service from BA in 1980. BMA did 4 daily Viscount flights.

Ugh.............

adfly
5th Jun 2020, 06:36
I need to go to Yorkshire asap for a day trip - it is for business
(ATM we cannot stay overnight under the current lock-down rules) and it is a bloody long drive from sleepy Dorset to go for the day, not even gonna go there.

Great, let's fly I thought -

I live fairly local to SOU and wish to use, and support my local airport -
Eastern re-start LBA 29 June.

Very p'''d off to see that although they are now flying again to/from LBA their flight times are totally useless for a day trip - 17.05 departure from SOU.
This will never work for us, so why did they even bother?

OK let's go to LHR -
BA have just announced last week they are dropping their LBA from LHR - An almost continuous link since before my days working at BMA at LHR when we took over the LBA service from BA in 1980. BMA did 4 daily Viscount flights.

Ugh.............
I expect they'll be a further easing of the lockdown rules before the routes start, I'd be very surprised if in a months time it is still not allowing overnight stays. I guess it's a tricky one for the airlines, they have to balance offering flexibility against the very low demand at the moment.

However the lack of any coherent roadmap of planned lockdown easing from the Govt is very frustrating for individuals and businesses. Then again it's hardly surprising considering the incompetence seen at most stages of this situation by them...

N707ZS
5th Jun 2020, 06:59
rog747 are the Teesside time any use to you. On checking. looks like night stop only either way.

rog747
5th Jun 2020, 07:18
N707ZS -
No sorry the MME is not on sale yet - I looked at that.

Adlfy -
Yes it maybe that after July 4th we may know that hotels and B&B's can reopen, with the Govt allowing overnight stays - I can hang on a wee while to see if that happens.

BOHEuropean
18th Jun 2020, 19:02
G-CDKB flew back to Örebro Airport, Sweden, on 18th June 2020. Has this been returned to the lessor or just on maintenance?

PintofDoom
18th Jun 2020, 20:32
This aircraft has gone for a C check and should return in 2 weeks time.

BOHEuropean
18th Jun 2020, 20:40
This aircraft has gone for a C check and should return in 2 weeks time.

Thanks for the information :)

NorthEasterner
18th Jun 2020, 20:50
Just been doing some looking around, and most of their restarting routes seem to be entirely based on utilising the J41 aircraft. With notable exception on MME-ALC, MME-DUB and MME-LCY.

There also seems to be a few routes missing from sale on website: ABZ to WIC, NCL and SOU as well as MME-CWL. Along with MME-IOM (which I believe was expected due to TT races cancelled).

Anyone know what is happening with T3's ATR's (G-IACY and IACZ), are they being used solely for Oil / Charter? As well as Embraer 145s and 170 and the Saab 2000s. ?

mmeteesside
18th Jun 2020, 21:11
Just been doing some looking around, and most of their restarting routes seem to be entirely based on utilising the J41 aircraft. With notable exception on MME-ALC, MME-DUB and MME-LCY.

There also seems to be a few routes missing from sale on website: ABZ to WIC, NCL and SOU as well as MME-CWL. Along with MME-IOM (which I believe was expected due to TT races cancelled).

Anyone know what is happening with T3's ATR's (G-IACY and IACZ), are they being used solely for Oil / Charter? As well as Embraer 145s and 170 and the Saab 2000s. ?

Teesside will have 2x J41, a Saab and E170 eventually. E170 probably utilised elsewhere too but operating ALC on Mon/Fri, Saab works LCY and DUB, with J41s doing ABZ/BHD/CWL/NQY/SOU routes. CWL returns at the end of August when everything appears to be back to full schedule (at the moment anyway!)
Believe one of the ATRs was meant to be going to SOU for MAN/DUB

Cautious Optimist
19th Jun 2020, 00:32
The E170 is thought to be operating the Jersey flight from MME too. Both E145s are for sale at the below website, but they have the 5N- one back again so not sure if they're keeping that? I remember reading the IAC contract work was coming to an end so the ATRs are freed up.

https://www.skyworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Embraer-145-LR-MSN145570-OP-APR2020.pdf

Atlantic Explorer
19th Jun 2020, 06:38
The E170 is thought to be operating the Jersey flight from MME too. Both E145s are for sale at the below website, but they have the 5N- one back again so not sure if they're keeping that? I remember reading the IAC contract work was coming to an end so the ATRs are freed up.

https://www.skyworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Embraer-145-LR-MSN145570-OP-APR2020.pdf

ATRs going to SOU to be based. IAC contract has finished.

Hotel Uniform Yankee
19th Jun 2020, 12:26
NCL to ABZ doesn't appear to be bookable with Eastern anymore. Has this route gone too?

ATIS31
19th Jun 2020, 15:07
NCL to ABZ doesn't appear to be bookable with Eastern anymore. Has this route gone too?
WIC - ABZ Gone Staff made redundant today. That leaves WIC with no scheduled air services anymore

davidjohnson6
19th Jun 2020, 15:09
PSO from Scottish Govt ?

ATIS31
19th Jun 2020, 17:51
PSO from Scottish Govt ?
Be interesting to see what the response is. But I won't hold my breath !

rog747
23rd Jun 2020, 06:56
Does Eastern actually work with the airports they fly to?

Great, booked flights SOU-MME-SOU for July for a business meet in North Yorkshire, fares only £49 each way, whereas LBA is £100+ o/w...
Go to hire a car at MME airport and all rental locations are closed by 18.30 when Eastern Airlines flights arrive - You really cannot make this up...... Huge fail again.

BA318
23rd Jun 2020, 07:29

Great, booked flights SOU-MME-SOU for July for a business meet in North Yorkshire, fares only £49 each way, whereas LBA is £100+ o/w...
Go to hire a car at MME airport and all rental locations are closed by 18.30 when Eastern Airlines flights arrive - You really cannot make this up...... Huge fail again.

That can be fairly common at small airports. Even here in Sweden, the car rental places at Skavsta close before the last Ryanair flight and at Arlanda they close before the last SAS flight from London lands. I doubt the airlines decide their timings based on the operations of a car hire company.

most can make arrangements for an extra fee.

rog747
23rd Jun 2020, 07:34
That can be fairly common at small airports. Even here in Sweden, the car rental places at Skavsta close before the last Ryanair flight and at Arlanda they close before the last SAS flight from London lands. I doubt the airlines decide their timings based on the operations of a car hire company.

most can make arrangements for an extra fee.

Yup and that extra fee makes a <24 hour car rental almost £150.

My point was that both Eastern and MME want to make a go of things with UK connectivity - All of Easterns' flights arrive after 6pm
If Eastern want to make a go of the newly announced LHR and LCY route to MME then stuff like car rental should be available.

I've canx'd all the flights now got my money back -
I now gather the actual SOU-MME service may not now operate anyway, so I would likely have been re protected on the Leeds or NCL services.
Anyway I think I back now again to using the car....

caaardiff
23rd Jun 2020, 07:48

Not really sure how you can blame Eastern for that? They operate the service based on demand/slots/aircraft availability, not when the car hire is open. You'd think if car hire was important you'd have done your research before booking the flight, especially at an Airport the size of MME and with the current changes to operations.
Also, Europcar do an out of hours service for £60, which still makes it cheaper than LBA. So you clearly just wanted a moan rather than doing proper research.
I see you even moan about the LBA route on the Leeds thread. Can't please everyone.

rog747
23rd Jun 2020, 07:58
Not really sure how you can blame Eastern for that? They operate the service based on demand/slots/aircraft availability, not when the car hire is open. You'd think if car hire was important you'd have done your research before booking the flight, especially at an Airport the size of MME and with the current changes to operations.
Also, Europcar do an out of hours service for £60, which still makes it cheaper than LBA. So you clearly just wanted a moan rather than doing proper research.
I see you even moan about the LBA route on the Leeds thread. Can't please everyone.

With all due respect I worked at LHR with BMA for many years when we had 5 x DC-9 MME rotations a day - I'm not daft you know.

What amazes me is that airlines today such as Eastern will have no chance on getting these routes viable if timing and infrastructure is absent/lacking -
I am quite easily pleased but if we want to see recovery (post Covid - post Flybe - post almost everything else) then some foresight has to be in the business plan surely?
I have tried again and again to use my local airport and to support it but to no avail.

virginblue
23rd Jun 2020, 08:06
Realistically, car rentals will have odne their maths. Keeping the office open for the last arriving flight of the day most likely does not pay off at smallish airports as there will be a hire only once in a while

rog747
23rd Jun 2020, 08:15
Oh dear - obviously you have never dealt with business flyers lol

caaardiff
23rd Jun 2020, 08:16
With all due respect I worked at LHR with BMA for many years when we had 5 x DC-9 MME rotations a day - I'm not daft you know.

What amazes me is that airlines today such as Eastern will have no chance on getting these routes viable if timing and infrastructure is absent/lacking -
I am quite easily pleased but if we want to see recovery (post Covid - post Flybe - post almost everything else) then some foresight has to be in the business plan surely?
I have tried again and again to use my local airport and to support it but to no avail.

Times have obviously changed since DC-9's were gracing the skies. Shouldn't you be taking your complaint up with the Hire Car companies rather than the Airline? What do you expect Eastern to do, change their flight times to suit Hire Car companies opening hours, making routes less business friendly? Or paying the hire companies to stay open just on the off chance that someone wants to hire a car in the middle of a global pandemic?

rog747
23rd Jun 2020, 08:31
If you want a route to work - Firstly you look at do the times suit your business model? Well, yes an 18.30 arrival is very nice - home for tea for the locals.

Airlines always used to work closely with Car Hire Companies especially for the ease of businessmen, or has all of that fallen by the way side too?

Seems if MME Tees-side, Eastern, and SOU all want this to work then sorry but none of this is rocket science - If it does not work then it will surely fail.

BA318
23rd Jun 2020, 08:31

Get a grip. The world is a different place since BMI were flying let alone flying DC-9s. I travel weekly for business (including during Corona) and first thing I check is how I’ll get from the airport - is car hire/train available and then I make my decision on which flight suits my plan. I don’t call Lufthansa and complain that my flight arrives too late. Insulting people and saying they obviously never dealt with business flyers doesn’t make your argument right.

Other than Heathrow where there are car hire options open 24/7, almost all airports have some flights arriving or departing after the car hire has closed.

rog747
23rd Jun 2020, 08:36
Get a grip. The world is a different place since BMI were flying let alone flying DC-9s.

Other than Heathrow where there are car hire options open 24/7, almost all airports have some flights arriving or departing after the car hire has closed.

Sadly old chap BA have now canned my first choice LHR-LBA - No more flights between the City pairs anymore...Thus I did try and ''go and use local'' but alas to no avail.

Come on - you would have thought with Easterns' arrivals all landing after 6pm that a Car Rental would be open for some sort of business revival plan?

JSCL
23rd Jun 2020, 08:37
Get a grip. The world is a different place since BMI were flying let alone flying DC-9s. I travel weekly for business (including during Corona) and first thing I check is how I’ll get from the airport - is car hire/train available and then I make my decision on which flight suits my plan. I don’t call Lufthansa and complain that my flight arrives too late. Insulting people and saying they obviously never dealt with business flyers doesn’t make your argument right.

In my world, my secretary books all my travel and wouldn't think twice at paying a small fee for an out-of-ours collection if it was required and more convenient in terms of travel time. But it is what it is, I guess? I'm sure the hire company will look to adust as flights ramp up again there.

oldart
23rd Jun 2020, 08:47
Rog747. Out of hours car hire £60, how much was the B and B? Mountain out of a mole hill comes to mind!

jamestkirk
23rd Jun 2020, 08:48
I think you'd better leave it mate and write to Avis etc.

rog747
23rd Jun 2020, 08:53
Sadly LOL I'm not on expenses, and no longer have a Secretary (Those were the days)
I still need a B&B - I cannot do this trip as a day trip except possibly on the train - at least when they dont cancel me at the last minute like last week lol

Yes Jamestkirk - I am obviously on a complete and utter loser and despite trying my best to support our ailing airlines and airports I'm afraid its back to my car (again)

Startledgrapefruit
23rd Jun 2020, 09:02
I think you'd better leave it mate and write to Avis etc.
Actually they should write to the airport
Then they will go to the car hire company as they probably have a contract to provide with car hire
Then they will zoom each other or whatever they have up north
Then the airport will contact you back with a letter saying....... The satisfaction of our customers is our number one priority however in these challenging times our Tennant is unable to blah blah blah blame them not us..... And we hope you continue to use our airport and support us in the future.
​​​Result !

caaardiff
23rd Jun 2020, 09:12
Rog747. Out of hours car hire £60, how much was the B and B? Mountain out of a mole hill comes to mind!
Absolutely, and I think that's the biggest point of this entirely pointless complaint. There IS hire car available out of hours, where like everything in this post DC-9 world, you have to pay for it

Expressflight
23rd Jun 2020, 09:22
So you clearly just wanted a moan rather than doing proper research.

That sums it up nicely.

virginblue
23rd Jun 2020, 10:22

I assume this was directed at me. Well, I am a business flyer as well and I am also part of the business world - where things are usually done on the basis whether there is a business case or not. Apparently there is no business case for car rental companies to keep their airport office at MME open for evening flights which, based on the size of the aircraft used into MME, appears to make some sense as the number of suits staggering off the aircraft and renting out a car on a daily basis will be very small. The airport or the airline could off-set the additional costs, but apparently for them it is not a business case either. As others have pointed out, it does not mean that anyone is stuck at the airport, it is just a little bit more expensive to depart on a car.

Fletch
23rd Jun 2020, 10:53
With regards the MME-LCY route, is there any particular company/industry cluster in the Teesside area that is supporting this route? Or is it a generic City/Financial Sector/London route?

I'm not familiar with the industry around the Teesside area so apologies if it's obvious.

toledoashley
23rd Jun 2020, 10:56
There is a bit of a Fintech bubble in Durham, but apart from that that I'm not sure.

Fly757X
23rd Jun 2020, 10:58
According to G-INFO, G-CIHD (VH-XNE) and G-CIHE (VH-XNF) have been registered to Eastern in the last few weeks.

Are these to enter service now after 6 years of being down and out?

SWBKCB
23rd Jun 2020, 11:36
With regards the MME-LCY route, is there any particular company/industry cluster in the Teesside area that is supporting this route? Or is it a generic City/Financial Sector/London route?

I'm not familiar with the industry around the Teesside area so apologies if it's obvious.

The petro-chemical industry has kept KLM going for years with more renewables lately, otherwise it will by pretty generic - and there's a Mayor with an election next May :ok:

Fletch
23rd Jun 2020, 12:01
Well I hope the Mayor has a big cheque book! Hopefully all the new routes work out. The London flights do look they could be up against it though with the train times to central London.

N707ZS
23rd Jun 2020, 13:20

Mayor is trying to get a government department to move to Teesside. There are/was a number of tec companies in the area.

davidjohnson6
23rd Jun 2020, 13:24
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/23/chancellor-will-send-treasury-staff-to-the-north-of-england

SWBKCB
23rd Jun 2020, 13:26
I think many govt depts. now have rules against flying domestically, especially where there isn't a clear time/cost benefit over the train.

N707ZS
23rd Jun 2020, 15:09
I think many govt depts. now have rules against flying domestically, especially where there isn't a clear time/cost benefit over the train.
I am sure the Cummings procedure will vote for the plane instead of the train.

oldart
24th Jun 2020, 08:17
Plane against the train from Teesside to central London, probably a dead heat. It all goes down to cost of tickets, interesting!

tigertanaka
24th Jun 2020, 09:49
The trains are no faster today compared to 15 years ago when 150,000 pax regularly flew LHR-MME. Of course this was not all O&D traffic as there would clearly have been some connecting traffic and environmental concerns are clearly higher up the agenda today than they were then.

As oldart says, price is key. For business people wanting to get an early train from Darlington to London for a pre 10am arrival you will be talking £100+ one way in standard class (in normal times), with the trip back (fixed time) costing £50-£100 so £150-£200 for the return journey. A standard open return on the train is well over £300.

highwideandugly
24th Jun 2020, 10:24
Wonder if the mayor will dig deep into his magic ,never ending money fund and offer free car parking in light of Newcastle announcement?

N707ZS
24th Jun 2020, 10:27
Plane against the train from Teesside to central London, probably a dead heat. It all goes down to cost of tickets, interesting!
Also you get on the plane people settle, might go to the toilet and it lands at the other end. The train, it stops and starts all the way people coming and going and possibly without a seat standing in the isle and then someone might nick your luggage on their way out.

N707ZS
24th Jun 2020, 10:31
Wonder if the mayor will dig deep into his magic ,never ending money fund and offer free car parking in light of Newcastle announcement?
It already is free for 3 hours compared to £3 for 10 minutes. We seem to be crossing between threads here.

mmeteesside
24th Jun 2020, 10:32
Teesside already offer free parking upto 3 hours and have done for years. I see no reason to change that really, longer stays are about the same level.

SWBKCB
24th Jun 2020, 11:03
It already is free for 3 hours compared to £3 for 10 minutes

And six pounds to go through the departure gate.... :ok:

mmeteesside
24th Jun 2020, 11:15
And six pounds to go through the departure gate.... :ok:
Indeed, though it has been committed to being removed in the future, I dare say the £3 drop off fee won't be when the Airport returns to profitability...?

inOban
24th Jun 2020, 11:26
Also you get on the plane people settle, might go to the toilet and it lands at the other end. The train, it stops and starts all the way people coming and going and possibly without a seat standing in the isle and then someone might nick your luggage on their way out.
I understood that most rail users sit down, get out the smartphone, tablet or laptop and don't move. After all the trains have power sockets and free wi-fi. The annoying ones are those who hold long phone calls revealing their personal or company secrets. The big advantage of the train is frequency, 2-3 trains an hour.

SWBKCB
24th Jun 2020, 11:29
After the first three hours, how does MME compare for parking?

Buster the Bear
24th Jun 2020, 12:16
According to G-INFO, G-CIHD (VH-XNE) and G-CIHE (VH-XNF) have been registered to Eastern in the last few weeks.

Are these to enter service now after 6 years of being down and out?
I had assumed that they were taken for spares, but registering them would seem that may not be the case?

Fly757X
24th Jun 2020, 12:37
I had assumed that they were taken for spares, but registering them would seem that may not be the case?

Thats what I thought too. From pictures from last year they’re fairly beaten anyways.

N707ZS
24th Jun 2020, 12:50
I had a conversation with an Eastern engineer last year he said some of the airframes nose legs have been damaged and are beyond economic repair. Perhaps the Australian two are in better condition, or it might be just a bit of paperwork.

jetstream7
24th Jun 2020, 13:34
Who has replaced Eastern on the IAC contract?

Ta.

Wycombe
24th Jun 2020, 13:43
....a consortium of Babcock and Loganair, who will operate out of Sumburgh instead of Scatsta.

ivor toolbox
24th Jun 2020, 20:54

Think you'll find its to do with regulations concerning using airframes for spares, and needing certification from Australia for any items removed as spares while still Aussie reg.

Putting them on G reg saves a whole heap of paperwork issues

Ttfn

N707ZS
24th Jun 2020, 22:43
They have been G reg for years, change of ownership took place recently.

Expressflight
25th Jun 2020, 07:39
..... since 4th July 2014 in fact.

tigertanaka
26th Jun 2020, 13:18
Eastern applied for 38 slots at LHR (presumably for MME-LHR?) for the upcoming winter season and got none. In fairness, hardly any airlines got any extra slots.

https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/LHR-W20-Initial-Coordination-Report-NEW.pdf

JSCL
26th Jun 2020, 13:23
Eastern applied for 38 slots at LHR (presumably for MME-LHR?) for the upcoming winter season and got none. In fairness, hardly any airlines got any extra slots.

https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/LHR-W20-Initial-Coordination-Report-NEW.pdf
Yet interestingly Flybe is still allocated 190 slots...

Wolfgang5150
2nd Jul 2020, 22:52
Do Eastern still have a contract with Airbus/Bae?

Fly757X
2nd Jul 2020, 23:09
Do Eastern still have a contract with Airbus/Bae?

No, BMI took it and then Loganair continued it after their cessation.

BOHEuropean
4th Jul 2020, 07:45
Embraer 145 5N-BWQ has returned from its stint in Nigeria and will return to service as G-CIYX.

I note this aircraft has been re-registered as 2-TEZK to Eastern Airways International Ltd. on 07 May 2020

Is it still the plan that this aircraft will return to service with Eastern Airways at G-CIYX? Since the others are available for sale currently, does this mean the ERJs are being phased out?

PintofDoom
4th Jul 2020, 08:34
The Eastern 145s are all up for sale and being phased out of the fleet. In favour of the 41s, Saab 2000s, ATRs and 170s second one is due to return as well. Once more atrs arrive the Saabs will eventually leave. And the 41s will continue in service until God knows when.

allan1987
4th Jul 2020, 15:33
Wasn’t sure if the Ex Flybe Dash 8-Q400’s for sale or lease on Skyworld Aviation, was going to Eastern Airways, I do notice that there is ERJ 190 100 LR for sale/lease/ACMI on there as well.

This includes the 3 Embraer ERJ 145 for sale

allan1987
10th Jul 2020, 14:35
The Eastern 145s are all up for sale and being phased out of the fleet. In favour of the 41s, Saab 2000s, ATRs and 170s second one is due to return as well. Once more atrs arrive the Saabs will eventually leave. And the 41s will continue in service until God knows when.

Is there 4 or more ATRs to come and still 3 e190 to come?

PintofDoom
10th Jul 2020, 15:02
Is there 4 or more ATRs to come and still 3 e190 to come?

As far as I know there are no longer plans for the 190s. The ATRs maybe expanded if more can be leased although this is dependent on how the new routes perform.

BAladdy
12th Jul 2020, 07:36
W20 schedule has started to be released. Looks like they are planning to base at least 4 ATR’s at SOU.

Routes that have yet to released for W20 are.

Aberdeen to Teeside
Cardiff to Anglesey
Cardiff to Teeside
Southampton to Teeside
Teeside to Dublin
Teeside to London City

oapilot
12th Jul 2020, 10:00
According to Jethros, KA and KB have been returned to Lessor. This just leaves 2 2000s now; RZ has gone to Orebro, (presumably for a C check) and EB.

Wonder if they are going to replace them (and the 145s if they manage to sell them) with ATRs?

jethro15
12th Jul 2020, 10:44
RZ has been returned as well.

N707ZS
12th Jul 2020, 14:44
Must be a good time to pick up some reasonable ATRs with a number of airlines ceasing operations, there's a fleet of planes at LIAT Airlines for a start, oldest 7 years old.

SWBKCB
12th Jul 2020, 14:55
Yes - would imagine there are deals to be struck for companies with good financial support.

Albert Hall
12th Jul 2020, 16:17
Yes - would imagine there are deals to be struck for companies with good financial support.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. The plan for extra ATRs at Southampton with nothing to keep the aircraft busy between morning and evening is an interesting move for both aircraft and crew utilisation.

Lessors will be desperate to place aircraft but only with airlines with strong credit ratings. The only thing worse than an aircraft not on lease is an aircraft impounded with the lessor having to pay big airport and Eurocontrol bills to reclaim their asset. With the Flybe experience having scarred many, credit-worthiness of airline lessees will be critical.

I’d heard the Saab 2000 leases ended in acrimony after a big fall-out with the lessor. The lessor has no new customer for the aircraft but apparently did not want to leave them with Eastern anyway. It’ll be interesting to see if ATR lessors feel differently.

SWBKCB
12th Jul 2020, 16:40
What's the status of the first 2 ATR's - owned or leased? Where they part of the buy back deal from Bristow?

Albert Hall
12th Jul 2020, 16:50
Happy to stand corrected here but I thought those two aircraft were leased directly to Eastern by Nordic Aviation Capital. Don’t think Bristow are/were involved but I can’t say with certainty so will defer to anyone who can !

PintofDoom
12th Jul 2020, 20:03
Happy to stand corrected here but I thought those two aircraft were leased directly to Eastern by Nordic Aviation Capital. Don’t think Bristow are/were involved but I can’t say with certainty so will defer to anyone who can !

Both aircraft were owned directly by Bristows but subsequently sold to NAC on a sale and leaseback arrangement when Bristows needed more liquidy as the aircraft were part of a compensation package for the H225s. Eastern have taken over the leases of the two aircraft after the divorce from Bristows.

​​

Wycombe
13th Jul 2020, 09:19
Looks like the 2 aforementioned AT72's are currently making their way from ABZ to SOU.

s_insania
13th Jul 2020, 11:24
Looks like the two Jetstream’s have gone to Aberdeen to operate the BP oil flights to Sumburgh which seem to have restarted. Do they still have crews in ABZ?

PintofDoom
13th Jul 2020, 12:03
Looks like the two Jetstream’s have gone to Aberdeen to operate the BP oil flights to Sumburgh which seem to have restarted. Do they still have crews in ABZ?

There are still crews in ABZ purely for the BP ops, others went Loganair and the rest were made redundant.

oapilot
13th Jul 2020, 13:48
Sad news for the crews involved. Could they not move south with the ATRs?

PintofDoom
13th Jul 2020, 17:13
Sad news for the crews involved. Could they not move south with the ATRs?
They were given that option but Easterns compensation package to relocate is pitiful added to the fact that SOU has opened and closed so many times not many were willing to take the risk.

allan1987
14th Jul 2020, 15:04
Looks like still getting 1 Embraer E190?
As ER-ECC was flown from Chisinau to Humberside then an hour later flown to East Midlands Airport to be painted

SKOJB
14th Jul 2020, 15:40
Looks like still getting 1 Embraer E190?
As ER-ECC was flown from Chisinau to Humberside then an hour later flown to East Midlands Airport to be painted

where will they place their Embraer jets I wonder?

PDXCWL45
14th Jul 2020, 16:11
where will they place their Embraer jets I wonder?
Best guess is Southampton.

N707ZS
14th Jul 2020, 17:14
Will it be white or might it have Eastern on it.

SWBKCB
14th Jul 2020, 17:19
I believe they're going down the Norwegian route - pictures of famous Teessiders! :ok:

davidjohnson6
14th Jul 2020, 17:30
SWBKCB - whose face will be first ? Roy Chubby Brown perhaps ?

SWBKCB
14th Jul 2020, 17:33
SWBKCB - whose face will be first ? Roy Chubby Brown perhaps ?

Who's that?

The Nutts Mutts
14th Jul 2020, 17:43
They could stick Bob Mortimer's face on a jet and call it the Shooting Star.

N707ZS
15th Jul 2020, 09:38
It will be Major Ben then.

Fly757X
15th Jul 2020, 10:36
The frame that went from HUY-EMA is now listed in Skyworld: https://www.skyworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Embraer-190-MSN-19000130-May-2020-KSB-2.pdf

Maybe not for Eastern after all?

JSCL
15th Jul 2020, 10:39
The frame that went from HUY-EMA is now listed in Skyworld: https://www.skyworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Embraer-190-MSN-19000130-May-2020-KSB-2.pdf

Maybe not for Eastern after all?
It's been listed there for some time.

Fly757X
15th Jul 2020, 10:45
It's been listed there for some time.

Ah right gotcha. I Check there regularly just hadn't realised it. Cheers.

SWBKCB
15th Jul 2020, 10:53
Notice the ad mentions "Fresh exterior white paint " :ok:

SKOJB
15th Jul 2020, 11:13
Notice the ad mentions "Fresh exterior white paint " :ok:

Blimey, Eastern have more cobbled together liveries than BE. Not going to help sell the brand for future expansion plans!

The Nutts Mutts
15th Jul 2020, 11:32
Blimey, Eastern have more cobbled together liveries than BE. Not going to help sell the brand for future expansion plans!

It's a fair point... compare Eastern's brand with what Blue Islands have done to relaunch themselves. With BI and Loganair now entering into a codeshare, you've got a combination of two different and distinct brands, each with a strong and obvious home market.
In contrast Eastern have a mishmash of aircraft types, many aircraft unpainted, probably fairly low brand awareness amongst the general public, and quick expansion into lots of previously unserved airports. I really hope they make it work, but right now the BI/Loganair combo looks like the slicker and more recognisable operation in marketing terms.

Gunfighter52
15th Jul 2020, 11:33
CDKA is due to position from ABZ to MME this afternoon according to Teesside Airport Movements.

mmeteesside
15th Jul 2020, 12:19
With three E190's coming in I assume they have something lined up for them. It'd be an odd time to be adding 100-seat jets to a fleet that has been restricted small aircraft dedicated to regional flying. It will be interesting to see what.

SKOJB
15th Jul 2020, 12:27
With three E190's coming in I assume they have something lined up for them. It'd be an odd time to be adding 100-seat jets to a fleet that has been restricted small aircraft dedicated to regional flying. It will be interesting to see what.

Maybe restarting the SOU Sun routes left by BE? always popular

LlamaFarmer
15th Jul 2020, 19:31
It's a fair point... compare Eastern's brand with what Blue Islands have done to relaunch themselves. With BI and Loganair now entering into a codeshare, you've got a combination of two different and distinct brands, each with a strong and obvious home market.
In contrast Eastern have a mishmash of aircraft types, many aircraft unpainted, probably fairly low brand awareness amongst the general public, and quick expansion into lots of previously unserved airports. I really hope they make it work, but right now the BI/Loganair combo looks like the slicker and more recognisable operation in marketing terms.

Find me 10 people outside of ABZ and SOU that know Eastern even exist...

I'm being slightly facetious, but by far the vast majority of the public don't know they exist.
Even a lot of my UK colleagues, (and I'm based in the south of the UK for a well-known airline), do not know Eastern exists.

SWBKCB
15th Jul 2020, 19:46
How many know Loganair or Blue Island exist?

Startledgrapefruit
15th Jul 2020, 20:05
How many know Loganair or Blue Island exist?
Google where you want to fly from and to......
If easy or Ryan don't do it then you go with who does.

Albert Hall
15th Jul 2020, 20:33
With three E190's coming in

Beyond the initial press statement several months ago, is there actually any proof that these 190s are still coming? I certainly haven't seen any sign to suggest they are, but that's not to say I've been watching that closely!

Curious Pax
15th Jul 2020, 20:56
Beyond the initial press statement several months ago, is there actually any proof that these 190s are still coming? I certainly haven't seen any sign to suggest they are, but that's not to say I've been watching that closely!

Air Moldova 190 ER-ECC routed Chisinau-Humberside-East Midlands yesterday reportedly on delivery and for painting.

Atlantic Explorer
16th Jul 2020, 07:22
I suspect that these leases were signed before covid came along and now they are committed to them. Quite what there going to do with a small fleet of 170/190s along with the 145s they’ve still got is beyond me.

The last time the 170s were at the company, it was just a money pit with them sat around most of the time doing nothing with crew/ contractors being paid daily rate sat around in hotels. I suspect this venture won’t be too much different other than the crew will probably be on salary.

wont be long before even more of the boss’s money needs to get pumped in to keep things afloat. Any other company would have been gone years ago.

stewyb
16th Jul 2020, 08:46
I suspect that these leases were signed before covid came along and now they are committed to them. Quite what there going to do with a small fleet of 170/190s along with the 145s they’ve still got is beyond me.

The last time the 170s were at the company, it was just a money pit with them sat around most of the time doing nothing with crew/ contractors being paid daily rate sat around in hotels. I suspect this venture won’t be too much different other than the crew will probably be on salary.

wont be long before even more of the boss’s money needs to get pumped in to keep things afloat. Any other company would have been gone years ago.

They could utilise the E90 at SOU on the old BE sun routes. W20 to ALC & AGP would work!

Startledgrapefruit
16th Jul 2020, 08:49
They could utilise the E90 at SOU on the old BE sun routes. W20 to ALC & AGP would work!
Think BHD-MAN-BHX-LGW might be announced soon.
That would suit ?

Alteagod
16th Jul 2020, 10:06
Thats a lot of stops just to get to LGW. Doubt many would go for that.

RA85684
16th Jul 2020, 16:45
Great Dane have some pretty long E jet routes. I wonder if T3 would be interested in establishing them at MME? I could certainly see LCY and DUB, possibly BHD going E190 and bringing fares down. They have the legs for the Canaries, Tunisia, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus out of Chubby Brown Intl. So if they're big and brave and sign on with a travel agent to assist sales it could just pay off for them.

I'd suggest they might need a larger fleet to commit to SOU, but it would be great to see it come back to life, as well as the other airports that died with Flybe.

Now is not the time, but if Eastern, Logan, Aurigny, Stobart and Blue Islands play their cards right and carve their niches, once covid-19 is no longer a consideration there might be a platform for regional growth.

Rivet Joint
16th Jul 2020, 18:40

Agreed, very odd move. It’s not a good plane for Sun routes, it’s too small. I suspect this is linked to that lunatic mayor at Teeside who somehow has a pot of money to blow on making Teeside a viable airport, which is never going to happen. Didn’t someone mention that he wanted sun routes to be introduced? I suspect he is bankrolling this jet.

SWBKCB
16th Jul 2020, 19:58
RJ - if you're going to insult the man, you could at least do him the courtesy of spelling the area he represents correctly.

caaardiff
17th Jul 2020, 07:56
Despite all of the expansion, Eastern only appear to be recruiting at CWL. Is the page out of date? CWL recruitment was also happening back in Feb/Mar before the pandemic. Given that they appear to have cut MME-CWL, there's only the twice daily CWL-VLY route from CWL which shouldn't be too difficult to recruit 1 or 2 cabin crew for.

https://www.easternairways.com/careers/cabin-crew

10 DME ARC
17th Jul 2020, 11:22
Could Eastern being using E190's to replace Flybe at CWL?? If the assembly still got money to spend??

SKOJB
28th Jul 2020, 15:31
Heard no more on the 6 new routes that they were going to reveal once out of lockdown (plus SOU-DUB which has been announced). Is it likely they were also pitching for the 6 at BHD that Aer Lingus Regional eventually won?

Alteagod
28th Jul 2020, 15:35
I had forgotten about them. Not all BE routes ex BHD have been filled.

SKOJB
28th Jul 2020, 15:39
I had forgotten about them. Not all BE routes ex BHD have been filled.

thanks, just seems coincidental!

SeanM1997
28th Jul 2020, 15:56
Heard no more on the 6 new routes that they were going to reveal once out of lockdown (plus SOU-DUB which has been announced). Is it likely they were also pitching for the 6 at BHD that Aer Lingus Regional eventually won?

Eastern now have 4 ATR72s at Southampton. There are gaps in the middle of the day should they want to increase frequency or add more routes. No aircraft based at Belfast City (BHD) at present, but they may have been waiting for Stobart Air to announce before doing so.

Looking at the schedules, the following aircraft seem to be based:
Cardiff - 1x J41
Humberside - 1x J41
Leeds/Bradford - 1x J41
Southampton - 4x ATR72
Teesside - 1x E190, 2x J41, 1x S2000

That leaves the 2x E145 new (3x) Embraer (170/190) aircraft, 2x ATR72 and 1x J41 unaccounted for. This would either be new bases or grow Southampton for European flights.

Regarding the new routes, there was SOU-DUB but also LBA-NQY and MME-NQY added. Meanwhile, ABZ base closed (along with ABZ-NCL and ABZ-WIC) whilst MME-CWL remains off-sale for the foreseeable.

SWBKCB
28th Jul 2020, 16:02
Where are the other ATR's coming from - they only have two at present? What does the E190 at MME do? aren't the E145's up for sale??

allan1987
28th Jul 2020, 16:38
There is an order in for 4 ATR72-600
1 E190 (ER-ECC) has been painted white at East Midlands,
1 JS41 (G-MAJU) has gone to cranfield
looks like G-MAJK (JS41) has been repaired and now back in service
1 E170 Still to come back from storage
more likely to replace G-CDEB (S2000)
the 2 E145 are up for sale
think 2 new routes will be CWL-BHD and CWL-DUB
There is only 2 ATR72's both are at SOU

SKOJB
28th Jul 2020, 16:39
Where are the other ATR's coming from - they only have two at present? What does the E190 at MME do? aren't the E145's up for sale??

No idea on the number of ATR’s but 2 are now based at SOU and I believe any new ones will replace the Saab and E145 fleet. Be good to see the E190 in new colours!

The Nutts Mutts
28th Jul 2020, 16:41
Eastern now have 4 ATR72s at Southampton. There are gaps in the middle of the day should they want to increase frequency or add more routes. No aircraft based at Belfast City (BHD) at present, but they may have been waiting for Stobart Air to announce before doing so.

Looking at the schedules, the following aircraft seem to be based:
Cardiff - 1x J41
Humberside - 1x J41
Leeds/Bradford - 1x J41
Southampton - 4x ATR72
Teesside - 1x E190, 2x J41, 1x S2000

That leaves the 2x E145 new (3x) Embraer (170/190) aircraft, 2x ATR72 and 1x J41 unaccounted for. This would either be new bases or grow Southampton for European

Right now Eastern only have 2 ATRs at SOU.

SeanM1997
28th Jul 2020, 16:50
Right now Eastern only have 2 ATRs at SOU.

Winter 2020, SOU based aircraft:
ATR72 0645 SOU-MAN 0755
ATR72 0655 SOU-NCL 0820
ATR72 0705 SOU-BHD 0830
ATR72 0710 SOU-DUB 0820

Wycombe
28th Jul 2020, 16:55
Right now Eastern only have 2 ATRs at SOU

....and not exactly highly-utilised at the moment, just covering 1 daily (weekday) flights to BHD, NCL and MAN currently.
2nd daily weekdays flight to MAN due to start next week, and DUB (5 weekly) from 17/08.
Further frequency increases on BHD, NCL and MAN from 31/08

JSCL
28th Jul 2020, 17:15
Looked at a few MAN flights and some are showing J41 on the return legs. System error or some voodoo?

Albert Hall
28th Jul 2020, 19:18
They even have some flights which go out as a Jetstream 41 from SOU and the same rotation returns as an ATR72 - it does that five days a week. If they've got a magic handling agent, maybe that's where the extra ATRs are coming from! Quite impressive. As long as they don't reverse the spell one day and you send an ATR72 and get a J41 in return....

Is there not a question that whatever any airline has on sale at the moment for the coming winter (routes, frequencies, equipment) is rather aspirational versus the reality of what might actually happen? I don't think Eastern would be alone in that. Loganair's schedule still has loads of ATR72s scattered around too, and BA still has high frequencies showing on a lot of routes that are hard to imagine happening.

Fly757X
28th Jul 2020, 19:36
They even have some flights which go out as a Jetstream 41 from SOU and the same rotation returns as an ATR72 - it does that five days a week. If they've got a magic handling agent, maybe that's where the extra ATRs are coming from! Quite impressive. As long as they don't reverse the spell one day and you send an ATR72 and get a J41 in return....

Is there not a question that whatever any airline has on sale at the moment for the coming winter (routes, frequencies, equipment) is rather aspirational versus the reality of what might actually happen? I don't think Eastern would be alone in that. Loganair's schedule still has loads of ATR72s scattered around too, and BA still has high frequencies showing on a lot of routes that are hard to imagine happening.

Loganairs schedule has had the ATRs that were due to operate GLA/EDI-SOU replaces with ERJs now, removing the need for extra frames. However by the looks of the schedule the 2nd -600 they have is to enter soon. Anyways apologies for going off topic.

Albert Hall
28th Jul 2020, 19:50
I'm glad you can keep up with it all.

But back to the thread title, four ATR72s all doing two flights a day each doesn't seem very real-world. It seems more like an effort to put a schedule into the system to be attractive to anyone booking.

allan1987
10th Aug 2020, 16:59
looks like the Saab 2000 went tech in NQY? as seems G-CISK Embraer 145 was sent this afternoon today for replacment flight back to MME