PDA

View Full Version : Eurowings Europe F/O

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Fieldins
23rd Nov 2016, 19:52
Hi all! I got the invitation mail for the DLR test for Eurowings.
Anyone got the same mail?
Any preview interview feedback?

Thanks!

Mlambin
23rd Nov 2016, 21:08
I applied few months ago but still nothing here.

Best of luck !

germandude
24th Nov 2016, 12:16
which stage? GU or FU?

Fieldins
24th Nov 2016, 13:47
The mail said only DLR.

padigs
24th Nov 2016, 15:11
nothing for me

appfo09
24th Nov 2016, 21:51
may I ask n through which website did you applied for this position ?

Fieldins
25th Nov 2016, 11:10
career.aero it's the only way I think

appfo09
27th Nov 2016, 18:26
Thank you, mate. This is the website through which I have also applied. I also received the DLR data policy form which I have to complete and send it to the email address written on the email I received from them.

I wish you all the best ! Good Luck !

Fieldins
28th Nov 2016, 21:17
Anyone got a feedback after the dlr form?

germandude
29th Nov 2016, 12:23
I also received the form but no response yet. But it is only one week.

Fieldins
3rd Dec 2016, 10:20
Anyone in Hamburg the 20th December?

Arewerunning
26th Dec 2016, 11:16
guys, just for your benefits: the NET pay in EU EW for FOs (sames applies for CPTs) is probably one of the lowest in europe:

FO monthly NET circa 2500 euros
CPT monthly NET circa 4000 euros

Furthermore they bond you for 3 years.

Do everybody a favour and do not apply.

cheers

P40Warhawk
26th Dec 2016, 12:07
It is not the best salary. I agree, but tell me where you get better salaries. There are not so many.

New company, there will be strikes and then they will get better conditions.
And a bonding for 3 years? Yeah so? You fly A320. Could have been worse. A Jetstream for instance.

dirk85
26th Dec 2016, 12:31
I can't believe there are Captains willing to fly for that kind of money, in Germany. Disgusting. And people saying it's not that bad...

Denti
26th Dec 2016, 12:53
Interestingly enough airberlin is currently in the process if hiring roughly 200 new FOs, mainly for their EWE wetlease operation with a starting salary in excess of 58k € a year gross. And upgrading internally for that as well, starting salary around 135k € for current non-LTU FOs (those get another 20k on top). All under the EWE operation.

McNugget
26th Dec 2016, 14:32
but tell me where you get better salaries. There are not so many.

Is that a joke?

Tell me where you will get worse salaries.

P40Warhawk
26th Dec 2016, 20:21
Germania, Enter Air, Nordica and enough more examples.

Or not even a salary. For instance in Gran Cru. There you have to PAY for 500 hours and during those 500 hrs NO salary.

Tell me then WHERE there are jobs where starting salary is BETTER then Eurowings. I dont say that what EW offers is great, but there are WORSE offers.

Arewerunning
26th Dec 2016, 20:43
I see a lot of people might not have grasp the difference between EW EU (eurowings europe, Austria AOC & company) and Eurowings GmbH (German Aoc and company).

I was talking about EW EU...NOT the German company.

Nevertheless, I see from some responses that the salaries should be revised, maybe 1500€ FOs and 3000€ CPTs...

dirk85
26th Dec 2016, 21:47
Germania, Enter Air, Nordica and enough more examples.

Or not even a salary. For instance in Gran Cru. There you have to PAY for 500 hours and during those 500 hrs NO salary.

Tell me then WHERE there are jobs where starting salary is BETTER then Eurowings. I dont say that what EW offers is great, but there are WORSE offers.

I speak for what I know and any company in Italy or France is offering starting salaries AT LEAST 70% higher than that. Even bloody Wizzair pays more, FFS!
You need to go to Eastern Europe to find lower salaries...

Fieldins
28th Dec 2016, 09:41
Any feedback from the DLR in Dec 20?

P40Warhawk
29th Dec 2016, 09:21
As a beginner with low hours, we have so much to chose from he dirk?

If you make your first 500-1000 hrs on type the market will look a lot better.
Besides once you are in EW more negotiations will take place for T&C's with Union Back up.

ludosky350
29th Dec 2016, 09:58
Is it really possible to join the company without speaking german ?

appfo09
30th Dec 2016, 08:07
They prefer to take pilots that can speak German at least at level B2!

For you that went on their selection, it would be a great to hear your experience.

Thank you!

germandude
30th Dec 2016, 20:12
Hi,

Does anyone have Infos about the screening for FO? Is the announced LOFT part for CPT and Accelerated Command FO's only or will everyone needs to so this. Thanks for info, greetings.

Fieldins
3rd Jan 2017, 05:23
Hi guys! Who is preparing the DLR for the 19th January?? Test results during preparation??

All the best!

Svetlana16
10th Jan 2017, 20:50
Hi there,
regarding Eurowings Europe I can not recommend anyone to go there, unless you just finished flight school and really need this type rating or flying experience.
Expect the selection process as very "selective", you have to spend a lot of money and travel 3 times to different places and the chance to pass all this selection events is very low if you don`t prepare all this things very very intensively!!
Even with A320 experience, you will find it extrem difficult to pass the second stage, the SIM!! The reason: You must fly the Airbus like a Cessna, it`s complete Single Pilot operation in raw data and you will have to knew all about Lido charts since you must use them. There is no auto pilot.....
There is another pseudo PNF Captain supposed to help you but if they don`t like you he rather disturbs you more than being of any help. Pay attention for their "ATC" instructions, they try to disturb you by this while you have to do something else. For me it was clear that with this selection they are looking for pilots coming directly from flight school. Don`t even bother to apply if you have experience or hoping for the fast upgrade.
And after the SIM, you even have to pass this psychological interview in Hamburg. It`s completely random. You can have a lot of hours and they can tell you for example that you are not enough motivated to be a pilot (maybe not motivated to fly for them...).
It`s the typical Lufthansa style selection. Unfriendly and the kind of Dr. Astronaut screening where they show you how great they have analysed everything about you and if you don`t fit into their "box" you can`t be a good pilot in their opinion.

On the other hand - you may prepare for most things (except the psychologist probably) and pretend to fit into their "German box" but it takes a lot of time and money to train - without any guarantee of success. There are certain companies in Germany to prepare for this test so it`s probably not only the company that is profiting from this unreasonable selection (and how effective this selection in reality is we can see from this most stupid crash within the Lufthansa group - Germanwings....).
For sure they could just have a normal one day selection like most companies have but they can`t - and for me it looks like there are too many people profiting from this test.... or maybe they can impress the insurance company with their pilot selection results??
Anyway, if you want to experience this "Astronaut show" and want to lough about German psychologists (who probably wanted to fly themselves once but did not make it), go there - but don`t expect more than a bad show......:ugh:

P40Warhawk
11th Jan 2017, 15:03
I do totally agree with you Svetlana. All the points you make are absolutely true.
To be hones. Yes the chance to fly Airbus A320 is a good reason to apply and the salaries are maybe not great, but I have seen worse.

But that Astronaut show is true.
This test and psychological nonsense has nothing to do with the fact of being a good or bad pilot.
If you fail, then you will not be able to apply within LH group ever again.

For instance if you fail in BA, then you can come back later again as I understood. Same with many other companies. A person can improve.

Here an example.
I know a pilot, he did apply in Germanwings yeaaaars ago. Failed DLR. Is possible.
Then he got job as Lease pilot in a agency and guess what. That agency leased him out to Germanwings to fly in GWI Aircraft. After contract was over with that agency, GWI told this pilot that he performed well and that they wished to hire him to fly for GWI, but said, sorry we cannot because you failed DLR. In meanwhile they let a pilot fly an AC who was known having mental problems but returned to cockpit with at the end 100 something deaths.

I like living in Germany, but I dont see it happen that I get a job as FO in a German company unless they go onto Compass Test. Compass is not easy at all, but it is reasonable. You can prepare for it and have a good chance to pass.

In Germany TUI, Condor, SXD ( will be DLR as i heard ), LH, Eurowings and outside Germany, Turkish Airlines, Luxair, Cargolux use this DLR system.

Hopefully it will change, but I guess it will NOT :(. Otherwise I would have really liked to take the chances.

captain.weird
11th Jan 2017, 16:53
Passing DLR isn't that hard. If you train well enough with the given material, you'll be fine. 10-14 days of preparation should be enough. Keep an Excel file with your scores and give everything you have. Practice A LOT, but not too much. Otherwise it will be repetition.

For which airline did you do the DLR?

PS: AFAIK Cargolux does Mollymawk now.

P40Warhawk
11th Jan 2017, 17:31
So far I didnt do any DLR's.

Fieldins
13th Jan 2017, 17:45
Svetlana16 are you TR?

CEDRICO
13th Jan 2017, 19:23
Hello,

My question is not directly related to Eurowings but mainly dealing with DLR test.
I am a 39 years old french fighter pilot (3700TT) who is speaking basic german (B2).
I assume that it will be easier for me to take the DLR test in english.

I applied for Austrian as Ready Entry FO (LH group).
They answered to my application saying:
"Are you sure your german knowledge is sufficient to take the DLR test in german? We do not accept the applicant to take the DLR test in english":ouch:

Since we only have one chance to take the DLR test (tell me if I'm wrong) and that I potentially want to apply for Condor, Tui, Eurowings, Sunexpress, Air Berlin, Flyniki..., does anyone know if:
- one of these airlines accept DLR tests taken in english?
- it's possible to pay myself for a DLR test in english that could be recognised by these airlines later on?

I just want to get information before doing anything which will be irreversible.
Do you think german level B2 is enough to succeed in selection process (Astronauts' tests apart:rolleyes:) and to work in a german airline as a FO or am I loosing my time?

Thanks for your help!

Denti
13th Jan 2017, 19:58
Cant help with the DLR test and B2 level german (have no idea how good that is), however for the time being airberlin and flyniki do not use the DLR test, they use a different test setup through Interpersonal. No idea if thats available in english.

P40Warhawk
13th Jan 2017, 20:50
If I were you CEDRICO, go for Cargolux. Mollymawk test. Should be in English. Luxair also DLR but I think that should be in English.

CEDRICO
14th Jan 2017, 11:46
Hello,

Thanks for your replies.
If anybody else has information about DLR/german level, I will be happy:O!

P40Warhawk, I did thank you by PM for the advice but after investigating if you are speaking about Cargolux Italy (base MXP 747F) which is recruiting now, be aware that the TR cost is 64000€!
Being paid 2200€/month means you suggest me to work for free for the 3 next years:ugh:

Cheers

Cedrico

Svetlana16
14th Jan 2017, 18:34
@ CEDRICO:
In the past you could do the DLR Test for one company and it was usually recognised for another company - usually. Like Lufthansa BU was good for Eurowings and Condor. But I am not sure if for example the English Turkish DLR Test would be good for Austrian etc. On the other hand, I believe you won`t have that many problems if the test is in German, since the test is highly standardised. There are several companies that prepare you for this test - or just buy the CD and cosscheck your results in the internet with other candidates, so you get a good feeling if you are prepared enough or not. This will help you to pass the first level. But if they have ATPL questions in German in the first part, than you are probably f.... (in the past they did not have them).
I was writing already about the second level (SIM) and the third (group exercises) and last (final interview, stress interview with psychologist from DLR and pilot).

The other question - why you would like to waste all this energy and for which salary and working conditions later?

Would it not be a better way to get your A320 rating (probably you would have to co-sponsor it), possibly with WizzAir or some small eastern European company (eg. Enter Air in Poland is also desperate) fly in this company, get the upgrade very fast and than go to China with a nice 4/4 contract.

From different German friends (internal and external) I have heard that within Lufthansa group they don`t really like ready entry pilots because their "cockpit culture" is rather based on a system where everybody comes from the same back ground/flight school. They would accept your application just because they must by law (because of discrimination). As a conclusion I would not focus too heavy on Eurowings/Austrian etc. Actually I have heard that there is now one pilot trying to go to curt because he believes it would be a discrimination that his application with Austrian was refused with a failed Lufthansa DLR test. So this is probably why they are very careful not to reject ready entry pilots application. If rumors would intensify they would be able to proof by selection invitations that most of the ready entry pilots "unfortunately" did not pass their "strict" selection. You can ask yourself if you want to participate in this?
Even the ex DDR Interflug pilots had to do this DLR Test, many did not pass this test..... There was a "unification" of Germany but not within the two German national carriers -Lufthansa and Interflug.
Just remember, they don`t like any people who did not go to their flight school as one usual question is, which NFF (Pilot course of LH) you went.....
But with modern employment law it`s difficult to only choose 20 year old pilots if there are also experienced pilots on the marked so it will be interested how Lufthansa will manage this change.
Just keep in mind, this selection is designed for ab-initios candidates, for pilots without flying experience because this is what this test was originally designed for, to predict the possibility of a future successful pilot (Lufthansa used to pay in the past 100% of the flight training to it`s pilots).
Of cause this is just my personal opinion and experience.
Cheers Sveta

Svetlana16
14th Jan 2017, 18:35
@ Fieldins: Yes TR and experienced

Denti
14th Jan 2017, 20:22
@Svetlana16, a lot what you write about has been true, in the past, for KTV Lufthansa (Lufthansa mainline, cargo, germanwings). However, those jobs are right now being slowly outsourced into Eurowings Europe. There have been no new entries into the KTV world for the last few years, and there won't be any in the future, except if something fundamental changes within lufthansa management.

But Lufthansa has hired ready entries whenever their own flight schoold (and KLM) couldn't provide enough cadets, so there are quite a few ready entries flying in lufthansa, and yes, they do not have a course number, but do have the same rights and possibilities like everybody else, with the exception of some very few old germanwings captains that are locked into that airline.

The german employment market is a mess right now, although there are quite a few jobs to be had. airberlin is hiring as fast as they can train, eurowings europe does the same, with a very real possibility for a fast upgrade, especially with a few hours jet exprience. However, the contract state for eurowings europe will be austria, not germany, even if based in germany.

Nearly the whole german aviation market is under the influence of lufthansa currently, either directly or indirectly. And it is not a good influence, they do put massive pressure on terms and conditions, via incredibly bad t&cs at Eurowings Europe, Sunexpress germany and now they put a lot of pressure on airberlin as well. TUIfly is under pressure as it is being sold to a joint venture of TUI and Etihad, with the principal AOC held by flyNiki with extremely bad conditions, the new benchmark for TUIfly.

appfo09
15th Jan 2017, 11:03
Does anybody of you guys know for how long they actually keep DLR records on file? I guess there should be some sort of data protection and discrimination policies in place. I cannot believe that they keep records forever if they are allowed to do this in the first place.

CEDRICO
15th Jan 2017, 11:14
Hi,

Thank you Svetlana16 and Denti for these explanations.
Your advices sound good!

I will surely waste my time and my money but I will however try the DLR once expecting an airline which salary is above the 20k€ ish at Wizzair.
DLR could be taken as a warm up for other selection process.
It could be seen as a paying training:rolleyes:
Challenges are something I like even if I have to accept that ATPL questions in german must be hard:ugh:

China is something great for those who like this lifestyle!

@Svetlana16, are you native german?
May I ask you for which airline are you working for?

Cheers

Cedrico

Svetlana16
15th Jan 2017, 19:01
I agree with many things Denti said. Just I would see the situation more conservative.
Since several years there was very little growth in the German aviation comparing worldwide growth (pls compare date from several sources)
Half year date 2016: Middle East +10.6%, Asia pacific +8.4%, Africa + 8.4%, Europe +3.8% and GERMANY -0,8%

http://www.bdl.aero/de/veroffentlichungen/zahlen-zur-lage-der-branche/
http://www.presseportal.de/pm/113858/3242954
http://www.airliners.de/luftverkehr-in-deutschland-waechst-schwaecher-als-globaler-markt/32509

Actually the "growth" in Germany is the lowest in Europe ( I believe partly because of the stupid taxation but also because of non competitive (too high) salary maybe???....). This was leading to the situation that there was hardly any upgrade within Lufthansa or Air Berlin (upgrade time like 15 Years LH, 10 years AB???)
Quite a few companies went bankrupt such as Hamburg Airlines, Contact Air, OLT, Augsburg Airways etc. Some aviation company that employed pilots were Condor (the Lufthansa Holliday airline - its own Lufthansa pilots went back to their mother company because Condor was sold and Germania, which created a few jobs in the pay-to-fly marked).
I do not see the traffic in Germany that much increasing right now. It's just a major shift of airplanes from one company to another AND a better utilization of equipment (Air Berlin). The real growth of Eurowings Europe is almost non existing.
I heard that Air Berlin now needs a few more pilots because some experienced First officers temporarily left Air Berlin for a captain position in China a while ago when the situation looked another from now.
A real growth in employment would go together with a strong growth in aviation- and this I can't see at the moment for Germany.
Also in the past companies world wide usually would use contract pilots (e.g. Germanwings did this in the past) to cover temporary urgent need of experienced crew. This I can't see at the moment either with Air Berlin or Eurowings, another indication that the real demand probably is not that high at the moment or the demand can be easily arranged by normal scheduling and recruiting.

My humble opinion regarding Lufthansa group staffing is, that they would like to use the wealth of experience and knowledge from the senior Air Berlin First Officers to give them a chance for captaincy within Eurowings Group and open the doors for many desperate ready entry pilots without any flying experience (of cause connected with payment for type rating). The market in Germany and neighboring country's at this moment is full of desperate ATPL ready-entry candidates searching for employment and which are ready to fly for any condition - Lufthansa knows this for sure.

Therefore, I can't see that much of a real chance for EXPERIENCED ready entires pilots going to Eurowings.

With nearly 4000h anybody would be more happy to look for a fast upgrade in companies such as Wizzair or others and comparing to Eurowings, Wizzair really upgrades!! (So far I never heard of anybody who was employed with Eurowings and got his upgrade). Personally I think that nowadays even a 737 rating is much more valuable than an airbus rating to become a captain very quickly.

So to come back to CEDRICO, in your position I would rather look for ANY fast upgrade than a "well known airline" because to become a captain on a major aircraft is everything that counts. As a captain you have generally speaking about two times higher salary and also probably two times higher chances to find employment comparing to a first officer.
In my opinion, going to Eurowings would be very risky. Nobody knows until today if this thing is working or not. What if the deal between LH and Air Berlin will not be approved?
In my opinion the chance that Eurowings would succeed is quite low. Why? Because I have the impression that successful companies grew out of its own, not by taking over other companies having a mix of different cockpit cultures etc. This hardly worked in history and has lead to many failures starting with Swissair etc. Successful companies in general start from zero. Only in this way they can be very efficient AND COMPETITIVE.
Eurowings needs to do something new.....
EasyJet and Ryanair were so successful also because they avoid taxes. Even worse, they use the tax payer to fly to provincial airports.... For example I had the impression when working for them that for the Crews they are holding the yellow carrot in front of you telling you that in xxx years you will also have this salary. It's like buying a ticket with those companies. The final figure is difficult to guess.....
And most of the crew are self employed with those companies having no salary when they are sick etc. Now this is so widely known that this business is not working anymore and 2017 is the year when many countries start to exchange tax information with each other so how can Eurowings close this gap?

*** DLR as a warm up for others will not work since this selection is unique. Even what you study for this test is useless for piloting.
*** with Wizzair for example you have a low brutto salary but many crews are employed via Switzerland and in many countries the cost of living is probably 50% less than Germany. But at the end the biggest issue is actually taxation!!! So please compare net salary / cost of living and things would looke much different.

Svetlana16
16th Jan 2017, 18:56
Lufthansa keeps your data 365 days (https://www.be-lufthansa.com/en/jobs-und-ausbildung/pilot/#/en/about-your-application/applicant-data-protection/)
But DLR keeps also your data! As far as I understand until you ask them to delete this data!

You could do this request any time. Then with your next application you say that you never went there.

(If some body did it like this in the past please contact me)

In my understanding discrimination of pilots comparing to other employers because they could apply again after 365 days but a pilot can not!
ONLY PILOTS CAN APPLY ONLY ONCE - EVEN WITHIN THE LUFTHANSA GROUP!!!!

There is no "German logic" for this (it's an old relict because this DLR testing was designed to assess in advance the chance that you would pass successfully the Lufthansa flight education.

Sonicfox
16th Jan 2017, 19:16
I received an email the 22/12/2016 from Eurowings Europe too with the DLR affirmation form. No response so far about the date of the tests.

appfo09
17th Jan 2017, 11:37
Sonicfox, have you done the DLR test before with another airline of Lufthansa?

ludosky350
17th Jan 2017, 16:42
I received the mail with the DLR affirmation form and wait for an invitation

Sonicfox
17th Jan 2017, 17:04
Sonicfox, have you done the DLR test before with another airline of Lufthansa?

No this is the first time

mark-one
18th Jan 2017, 11:36
Hi,
Just a simple question.

If One in the past had attended the DLR test for a Lufthansa Company airline and he failed, how time he needs to wait in order to applicate again and perform another DLR test?

Thanks!

P40Warhawk
18th Jan 2017, 12:51
One time fail means never again in LH group.

austrian71
18th Jan 2017, 13:16
P40 - sorry, not true, I also thought like you, but when I did my DLR GU for Eurowings AT we had out of 6 gusy 3 that failed once to three times the DLR GU and they could do it again, one of them will fly for EW AT.
@Sweta
I am agreeing in most points, but if you can effort to live with an F/O salary as F/O in a major airline at your homebase I think its worth to think about - in my case, 46y., A320 TRI, LoCo Capt- and thinking about step back to RHS - but anyhow - a lot of pro΄s and contras, for sure.

Fieldins
26th Jan 2017, 17:39
Hi guys! who is waiting for the sim screening?

Fabian89
8th Feb 2017, 22:59
Hi guys,
Anybody invited for a dlr. I have sent my dlr affirmation on the 22 of december. I have called Eurowings and they say that they didnt receive a response of dale yet and that I have ro be a bit more patient.

Svetlana16
9th Feb 2017, 03:15
Hi there, anybody with good good news from the DLR? How did you enjoy the test/DLR/Hamburg?
Any feedback?
Was it easy the Test? Anything relating to flying which you had to do there or just full of psycho ability and capacity tests?

Seems they don't get enough pilots ->> Sigmar aviation is searching now, probably without DLR??

And regarding a negative DLR test, you have to trick this psycho clowns there: Ask the DLR to delete all your tests. Second you can apply again and just say that you never applied to any Lufthansa company - but better to do this maybe 6 months later....
Lufthansa is not allowed to keep any records longer than one year (the DLR can, it's a different story and that's why you must tell them to delete your profile).

Fieldins
9th Feb 2017, 06:18
Hi Svetlana16! I passed the test! It has been difficult, but not impossible if you prepare it!
Only ATPL questions are related to flying! (60 questions).

propje
10th Feb 2017, 02:22
Svetlana my take on it,

Applied for DEC (Eurowings Austria) PMI base through Sigma Aviation Services, part of screening process involves,

The screening process follows the LH Group standard model:
1. Basic Testing (*DLR or SWISS psychometric/aptitude testing) 2. SIM Check Ride
3. Assessment Centre (Group Exercise and Individual Interview)
Note that all candidates are required to complete all three stages of the assessment in order to be successful. No exceptions can be made with regard to 'skipping' stage 1 unless you have a valid DLR test report from within the past two year period.

REMAX11
10th Feb 2017, 12:55
so regarding the captain salary in EW EU I have just been updated by a friend that recently joined in January: a full month of basic salary for a cpt with few hours is 3200 euro netto (albeit for 14 month)! I mean, how could they find people willing to fly for them?

Svetlana16
11th Feb 2017, 20:03
The very funny thing is, that none of this Air Berlin TRI's and TRE's, who are training the Eurowings pilots, had to do this DLR test (confirmed from a friend doing the Sunexpress/ Eurowings A330 Operation).
There is also rumors that some AUA captains did not do the DLR test but flying for Eurowings?
So you are trained by trainers who did not do this full DLR test but from you they want you to pass it? Strange you think? No it's normal.

I tell you guys, this Eurowings thing is a joke - 3 days selection at different places across Europe for a lousy salary of 3000 NETT something for captains salary? (Which I don't believe....but anyway)
Each selection day for maybe 2-4 pilots they pay one whole day for 2 instructors from Lufthansa mother company?
Your ATPL is not enough, no they send you to a psychology screening to Hamburg and you will be x- rayed if you are suitable to be a pilot (how good they are in this you can see for example with Andreas Lubiz, ex Germanwings F/O).
Do you knew any low cost company wasting money like this? Go into the orange hanger (for example doors trainer) of easy jet and compare it with Lufthansa training center, you knew the difference, and you will see why Lufthansa airlines or even German people can never run a successful low cost company (because they are to honest and they can not accept 80% and relax - own opinion). Probably they need to do it like easy jet or Rhynair when selling tickets. You never knew from the beginning how much the ticket will cost ( at least in the past it was like this, now it's changing a bit). I have the impression those low cost companies trick their crew.

I can't believe how desperate people must be to work for such a boring operator? One guy I knew was a few years with the old Germanwings and he said - terrible, terrible terrible. If he had stayed there he would resignate mentally. He was so fed up and bored..... and Germanwings was not his first job. It's the treatment, the flights, the low cost **** and saving at the wrong side.... I believe Eurowings might be the same. You end up among very young streamlined young career orientated guys who talk to you as a captain what you want to hear. Who never have seen anything else because starting after school directly with flight training.....

Guys did you want to have a life or work in a flying factory?
There are a few nice jobs out there where you can still enjoy the art of flying.....

And guess what. I heard that now just after one year searching and running selections they could not find anymore experinced German pilots without negative DLR test so they are trying now to go international.

Anyway, do what you have to do. Everybody is responsible for his own life.

sun shines every day
17th Feb 2017, 12:07
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but think you are barking at the wrong tree.

The catch here, as usual is to go there and get rated (or upgraded) and leave ASAP. 3 years bond is good enough to earn your stripes and get confidence enough for when you land a better paying job (Eastward) and you find yourself flying alone most of the time. You need to be absolutely sure of yourself when moving to Far East and earning nearly a Million in three years.

As a general rule, the Sun comes from East and so does the green!

The thing is people complain about P2F and/or low salaries. Governments and Unions can't (won't) prevent deregulation from finding its way and spread like a virus.

The only weapon we can collectively use is either by not applying (someone always will) or more wisely massively applying, succeeding and refuse it in the end, simply because of the terms which are not satisfactory. Milk them with flights and hotels (if applicable), go test yourself, you might end on knowing someone and learn a little bit.

One old dog who claimed that he made more than 10.000 pilot interviews in a big three of the ME said he could know in less than 5 seconds the person he had in front of him, also confided that many applicants came merely for sight seeing and a nice flight and hotel with no real intention of staying even if sucessful.

Otherwise would they be recruiting after over 15 years in a row?

Have them taste their own medicine!

Shutdownatpl
21st Feb 2017, 11:52
Just to clarify? Do i need German language knowledge to do DLR test and for rest of selection. I am not german and don't speak Germany.

Mlambin
21st Feb 2017, 14:35
Good question.

I had a mail yesterday asking me for CV licence medical etc and then I have to call them when I update those informations. Asking specifically to call seems good though ?

Shutdownatpl
21st Feb 2017, 14:39
I had exactly same email. And even initially German language was not a requirement after reading this thread I see that DLR is done in german...? or not? anyone can confirm it?

Fieldins
21st Feb 2017, 15:14
I made the DLR in english!

Shutdownatpl
21st Feb 2017, 16:02
thank you...

arrowcapitan
24th Feb 2017, 13:27
Hi ,

I got an email last week, Was asked to update my profile and to call them as well ....All I know is that there is an assessment on the 09MAR which is fully booked . I don't speak german myself ...

Mlambin
25th Feb 2017, 07:49
I gave the call after updating my application. They ask me to call back the day after because the lady taking care of it is on assessment. I call back the day after and a gentlemen told me to send a simple mail what I have done.

I was disappointed after the second phone call. Expecting to talk to someone.

Now I an waiting!

Reveal1
25th Feb 2017, 23:04
I'm still waiting with no reply at all after 3 letters and phone calls and emails and so on, from the month of November to be compensated as they deliver back my luggage after 1 weeks and broken too!!!
Eurowings, Germanwing :=

arrowcapitan
27th Feb 2017, 14:40
any update guys ?

arrowcapitan
28th Feb 2017, 12:48
I got invited for the DLR TEST . :)

Mlambin
28th Feb 2017, 13:56
Congrats!

I am waiting news after updating my profil. I hope something good will come.

Any good way to prepare to dlr for free ;-) ?

maverickflyer
28th Feb 2017, 14:03
Arrowcapitan, when do you have the DLR Test?

Fieldins
28th Feb 2017, 17:19
@Mlambin Hey, I think you can't find a software preparation for free... I used Skytest and I passed.. for English review the grammar and synonyms!

Mlambin
1st Mar 2017, 09:16
I got invited as well, I will get the Skytest pack to prepare it.

What do you mean by review grammar and synonyms?

Fieldins
1st Mar 2017, 09:55
Basically, the English test is about grammar rules, and synonyms. Grammar I mean all the basics rules, question tags, plural, and so on.
synonyms are quite hard... (for me) difficult words never heard before...
Then I found also some sentences "common saying".
Look also in the german forum pilotenboard.de!

Sonicfox
1st Mar 2017, 19:07
I sent the DLR affirmation the 22 December and they just told me I have to wait more. they are not able to tell me an approximate date

Mlambin
2nd Mar 2017, 06:24
Not yet but I send it yesterday only.

I bought the Skytest app and how my God it's getting difficult. Electricity is a nightmare.

appfo09
2nd Mar 2017, 08:56
If you have applied as Ready Entry you can skip this part Mlambin. So that's good news for you today.

Practice makes perfect! Good Luck!

Mlambin
2nd Mar 2017, 09:06
I apply months ago for that position but Don remember the name of the position. I send the DLR Affirmation as they ask we will see now.

I start using the Skytest app, not that easy :-) electricity and optics were fun already

Griffon_PMI
3rd Mar 2017, 08:07
Same here,

sent the DLR affirmation form in January and called them to ask a month after... they said DLR has a big queue and they can not give me an estimated date...
I got some software to train the DLR from a friend, but it seem to be old as the test names you mention (electricity and optics) don't have anything to do with mine.

I have things like ROT: rotation cubes, RMS: Running Memory (sequence of numbers backward), SKT: Concentration (triangles with dots), VMC: visual memory (shapes)....
Do you guys have something like that?

I guess Ill have to buy the skytest...

Shutdownatpl
3rd Mar 2017, 09:25
skytest is way forward, but would not spend money unless you invited to attend DLR first. As its mainly used in germany/Luthansa group in particular.

would make efforts applying everywhere else rather then just hoping on eurowings

Mlambin
3rd Mar 2017, 12:22
This sounds like a bad news after I got the "good one".
Anyway for me it is too late I bought already the Skytest app. It's fun as well so it's not completely lost.

Let's keep hoping I will get called for that DLR.

arrowcapitan
4th Mar 2017, 00:01
are you allowed to write on a piece of paper for the maths questions ?

sun shines every day
4th Mar 2017, 15:21
Gents, a lot has to be explained about the DLR. In order to help community, feedback from (successful) applicants is essential. Personal techniques and relevant infos are more than welcome.

Applicants do not apply to DLR test. The airline proposes applicants to the DLR test according to their own preferences and criteria. The test is conducted every two weeks only, meaning they will take some time to fill the seats with applicants. Should one expect an answer longer than most counterparts, it may mean that the airline has put some other applicants ahead according with their current needs. The "good thing" is that most will fail the test, so more time to study/prepare yourself and more chances to succeed.

PREPARATION:
When you receive the invitation you will get a password for the DLR training website and can expect a comprehensive information list with tests to be expected (but not all). Alternatively, you can buy access to similar tests online. From what I read so far, this will help you improve significantly. Some exams are not exactly the same as in training, either less time in reality, more/different figures/or info provided through headsets, rather than written on the screen.

For my own experience DLR provided tests are enough. Fell free to think differently.

ON THE EXAMINATION DAY:
The address is: Sportallee 54A (right wing of the building), 5th floor, then go left off the elevator/stairs. Be there on time or before, after all this is Germany! You can't go wrong here.

The room has 48 stations (seats and tables) 6 rows x 8 columns, although it is not supposed to be full on examination date, in case of equipment failure. Each table has a touchscreen and a joystick. There is a waiting room next to this room, with a toilet next door and some free water dispenser (no coffee as it increases your blood pressure and it's also diuretic).

For about 15 minutes, they will brief you about the airline's requirements and what to expect while collecting your documents. They are easygoing (for Germans), and provide sets of instructions before each test with a very calm voice.

Before each test, you will have a few chances to practice the test. Only when every applicant terminates the practice period, there will be a questions period before actual test, so everyone starts at the same time getting the same chance.
DLR has the BU (for ab-initio applicants) and the GU (for ready entry pilots) tests. Tests for Captain positions do not contain English or Aeronautical knowledge.

They come in this order (irrelevant):

ROT
SKT
>>10 minute break<<
RMS
KRN
234 Personality questions (in 40 minutes)
>>10 minute break<<
VLR
VMC
>>10 minute break<<
96 Cockpit Management questions (attitude and leadership style - for Captains)
OWT
>>1 hour lunch break<<
MIC

These tests are done with a computer, meaning they are inflexible regarding time and assistance. No paper, calculator, cellphones allowed.
Read all DLR (and your recruiting agency's) information thoroughly so you can save time on examination day.
They (DLR) write things like this in the preparation package "you can't expect your employer to teach you things you should already know according to your license", etc..

Typically German, I suppose.

On the instruction phase, assume you haven't read the sets of rules before. This will force you to read everything from scratch and obtain the required mindset, then you will have a chance to practice without time or score pressure. You'll end flying the Airbus, so you better off starting to read instructions from the beginning. The same applies here, no joke!

TIPS:
ENS - Disregard if you are doing well on training. There are a few 5th grade books or get an updated grammar. I don't mean to offend anyone, but for most, ENG is not mother language - even for the one's who is - most write/speak according to what seems right, sometimes it isn't.
KRN & RAG - Google vedic math tricks. You will be amazed! Allow yourself some time to learn.
KRN - They provide information through headsets, then purely mental calculation.
RAG - You are allowed to use pen(cil) and paper, but really no time to sketch you thoughts.
FWT - Get the dust off your ATP books. Expect Law, Ops procedures, Wx and Performance questions mainly.
OWT - Stay as far off the screen as you can to gain perspective. Be advised, actual test is all the way at Level 3 from training made available online by DLR beforehand.
SKT - Memorize only the Keywords (Colour/Orientation/Dots) two by two. You have 15 seconds for this. Repeat them in that order as many times as you can, before and during the test. When they change, do this again.
ROT - It might help to train everyday. Close your eyes and picture the cube. It shifts from easy to difficult.
1) Remember that if position is LEFT/RIGHT, you can move cube FRONT/BACK [over it's edges] as many time as you'd like and it will stay on that position.
2) Remember that if position is FRONT/BACK, you can move cube LEFT/RIGHT [over it's edges] as many time as you'd like and it will stay on that position.
VLR - This is actually one of the few natural skills you have to use here. You can sharpen speed by training, but you can difficultly fool this simple test. Step back from the screen to gain perspective. You have 5 seconds to memorize turn sides (L/R) so try overlap your LEFT/RIGHT hand over the other according with turn side. This will allow you not to forget or get confused (read line 1 from VLR).
RMS - Ever asked yourself why phone number usually only have 9 digits? Memorize sequence 3 by 3 or 4 by 4 and you will memorize at least the last 6 digits easily.
1) The trick is to repeat them to yourself when the sequence ends because you have to write them in reverse and can only erase the last two digits.
2) They will start with difficult sequences and then blend some hard/easy ones with no order nor warning. Some have as little as 7 digits, so don't expect 5 seconds after audio starts to pay attention!
VMC - Incredibly this was the test people complained the most. (Read line 1 from VLR)
1 two-back, 2 three-back, 2 four-back 2 five-back sequences. Should you make this one mostly correct, you can bet that DLR will recommend you to ESA Astronaut Training Center in Koln. 🤥
MIC - Being an Airbus FO helps. Use left hand to input touchscreen and right hand to control joystick. The joystick behaves "like the side stick" although feeling is different.
1) You set TURN and/or CLB/DSC desired rate and release it to neutral position and it will continue on that position until you counteract to break TURN/CLB/DSC rate.
2) You have plenty of time. Approximately 45 minutes training and 10-15 minutes test.

Try to remember, they want good pilots, not perfect. In some tests 85-90% is target, in others 30% is very good. Think of this whole day as a "game" and don't take it too seriously. This will help you relax and succeed. You will also meet new people. Probably some will be your colleagues and friends afterwords.

Good luck, hopefully you won't need it.

Just keep an open mind!!!

Fieldins
5th Mar 2017, 08:23
You can use paper and pencil ONLY for the maths problem test!
I used the DLR CBT for one month, every day, one time for exercise... and for the MIC another software... it was not easy but when you will go for the test, for sure you'll be more self-confident!!!
I agree with sun shines every day, you have to find your way in order to make each exercise comfortable for you!

Good luck

Mlambin
5th Mar 2017, 08:47
Thanks for those very nice informations! I am preparing with Skytest everyday around 90min.

I feel more confident reading this and hope that I will be called soon!

arrowcapitan
5th Mar 2017, 12:43
Thank guys . If anyone is going for the sim assessment please let us know and would be nice if share the feedback .

Mlambin
6th Mar 2017, 16:25
Question regarding the DLR test. In the Skytest app they make us practice calculations of different type that doesn't look really important for a Pilot. Are those type of calculations asked at the real DLR test?

appfo09
6th Mar 2017, 18:45
They are not part of the DLR GU test. Unless you are not bothered doing them just to refresh some old school stuff. Mental Arithmetics are very important, though, where the majority of people struggle the most.

Good Luck and keep on practicing. I am in the same boat as you.

Mlambin
6th Mar 2017, 20:11
Ok ok !

Yes best of luck for you too !

arrowcapitan
7th Mar 2017, 17:58
HI ,

I'm not sure if you can help me with this one but is there a trick behind the cube folding test ? :ugh:

Fieldins
7th Mar 2017, 19:14
In my test I didn't have this exercise!

arrowcapitan
7th Mar 2017, 19:25
I hope so hehe.

Aves88
8th Mar 2017, 16:43
I have an invitation to the Eurowings "Basic Testing" next month, but it's quite difficult to find a lot of information about it.
From the DLR preparation downloads that are provided I assume that it's the normal DLR GU? But then again I wodner why they'd rename it to "Basic Testing" in that case.

@Fieldins
You said that cube folding (PPT) was not part of your test, however, the test is in the preparation folder? Or maybe they did another kind of testing back then, right now I'm a little confused as in what tests to actually expect.

Fieldins
9th Mar 2017, 06:36
@Aves88 In my test I had all of the ex in the cbt except PPT. Plus ATPL and CRM questions!

Inverted21
9th Mar 2017, 08:48
Hey everyone! I got my invitation 😃. Anyone else invited to the 21st of April selection (Basic Testing)? Does anyone know how many phases of selection there are, and what the timespan is? I read in a 2015 post 4 phases. Is it still up-to-date?

Mlambin
9th Mar 2017, 11:00
@Aves88: when did you send your DLR Affirmation form?

Ihatemondays
9th Mar 2017, 13:11
For dlr physics you can use vimana software,
for rest use skytest and dlr cbts together,
at first few days your scores will be low but after the first week they rise quite high.
Preperation is the key, do all the modules at least once every day.
If you like the terrible translations of google translate and need some tactics, you can check "http://forum.airporthaber.com/forumdisplay.php?f=291".
Very good tactics to score high for the modules of dlr1.

I also believe dlr 2 is about preperation.
I would suggest you to ask questions to yourself as if you were from human resources.
Ask questions as much as possible.
Try to find solid reasons to possible questions.

Aves88
9th Mar 2017, 16:01
@Fieldins
You mentioned your test was in English though, right? Did everyone have the tests in English or could you choose?

@Inverted21
From what I read it's still 4 phases.
1) DLR GU (or similar)
2) Sim-Screening
3) Single (and possible group) tests plus that bridge loading test.
4) Interview

3) and 4) should be in consecutive days though. So theoretically you could count as either 3 or 4 phases.

@Miambin
A week or two before christmas I think. I applied back in September 2015.

@Ihatemondays
I don't think there's a physics test. Normally the physics test is substituted by the general ATPL test for ready entries.

Fieldins
10th Mar 2017, 04:55
Yep, you can choose. HAM for the English test, ZRH and VIE only German!

flyhigh788
10th Mar 2017, 15:04
Is there anyone of you already flying for EWE?

If yes, any further Information would be highly appreciated. E.g. Is ID-Travel possible, How many sectors do you guys fly per month in average... ?

Inverted21
12th Mar 2017, 11:33
@Aves88, Thanks!
You said "next month" in march, so I will probably see you in HAM on the 12th of April?

Also regarding flyhigh788: what was your timespan from DLR GU until starting date?

GerPilot
12th Mar 2017, 12:44
Hi! Is there anyone that went the last FEB. to DLR ASSESMENT that can give us a good feedback?

Also any of you know if in MENTAL ARITHMETIC is possible to use pen and paper? Or just only in MATHEMATICS?
Thanks in advanced!

Fieldins
13th Mar 2017, 06:29
MENTAL ARITHMETIC is Mental! ;) no paper no pen! (like for ALL the tests) you have on the desk, the monitor (touch screen) and a joystick! On your side, you will have the headphones (to use ONLY when they'll tell you).
The only test with paper (2 and you can request more if you need) and pencil (they will give you) is Mathematics (RAG)and you will have this test after the lunch break (in my case).

The day has been like this:

ATPL questions
SKT
VLR

10 mins

ROT
RMS
Psyco Question

10 min

VMC
CRM
KRN

Lunch (1h)

RAG
ENS
OWT
MIC

Finish at 16:15

Good luck guys!

GerPilot
13th Mar 2017, 08:49
Thanks million for the info Fieldins. Did you go for the SENIOR FAST TRACK POSITION ASSESMENT or for THE FO POSISTION?
I've heard they are not the same aren't they?
What about ATPL question? Any info about that?
Thanks for your help and cooperation.

Aves88
13th Mar 2017, 15:53
@Fieldins
I'm starting to wonder if your test is the same that I've got invited to. The CBT link I have has no VLR and RAG in them, even though I know they exist.

Could it be possible that they have two different tests? I'm thinking maybe one for Germans and one for everyone else?

@Inverted21
Unfortunately not! My test is before yours already.

arrowcapitan
13th Mar 2017, 20:15
mine is on the 12 APR .

Fieldins
14th Mar 2017, 06:46
@aves88, VLR or WFG is the SPATIAL ORIENTATION (arrows)and RAG are the Maths exercise (X has 3 beers and drink 1, how many beers has x?) ;). I made it in HAM in English, I don't know if they change it or change the CBT. You can find this exercises in the SKytest software!

Aves88
14th Mar 2017, 14:00
@Fieldins
I've done both of them before at DLR, been there too many times for my own good :p . Just surprises me that both VLR and RAG are included, as the DLR GU doesn't have them. Also surprised that both of the tests aren't listed in the provided preperation folder, even though I know there are official CBT's for both of them. I can live with it though I guess, if that means no PPT...

@wings_atpl
Great review, thanks! Sorry to hear though that you didn't make it.

Shutdownatpl
14th Mar 2017, 17:29
atpl questions, multiple choice right?

Fieldins
14th Mar 2017, 17:43
Yes 4 possible answers

Inverted21
14th Mar 2017, 18:16
Thanks for the info @Wings_atpl. Did you hear it right away?

@Fieldings, Where are you now in the selection process? and did you make 7-10 in the RMS? For now I only reach 4-7 (25% in the CBT)

Does anybody know where the SIM is and if it's "do-able"?
Does anybody know if the FU is also in English? DLR gives no answer about that.

I'm trying to prepare the best I can, but I'm getting more nervous the more I practice... Tough feeling :8

Fieldins
14th Mar 2017, 19:13
I'm waiting the SIM! My score was between 24/27%

Inverted21
14th Mar 2017, 19:23
Thanks! I hope I'm on the right path, my other scores are ok. I still have a month or so (what am I saying, the correct DLR answer is √841 days :rolleyes:)

@Fieldings, already a date?

Fieldins
15th Mar 2017, 05:50
no but we are speaking about a looong wait.. at least they said for FO there is to wait months!

SwedishFly
15th Mar 2017, 16:22
Hello folks!
So I got invited to do the basic testing and im sitting with the tests at home right now.
Are the math for real? Are you supposed to calculate the sqaure root of 1xxx, or 7/8*1384 in your head without a paper and penn? Thats crazy? Are they looking for Rainmen or pilots?
Anyone know what % of the average score you need in order to pass the basic testing?

Aves88
17th Mar 2017, 23:21
@SwedishFly
Mental Arithmetic is one of those tests where you need some luck to get a good question pool. I've done it twice at DLR and twice received quite some tricky questions, while other people had super easy ones (talking about fairness of giving everyone the same chance...).
Either way, even with a bad pool you can still solve a lot of questions by knowing square numbers up to 30 and cubic numbers up to 10. It's said that 6 correct answers are enough to pass, which is very doable. Just don't set that as your target, practice a lot, learn some math tricks, and just try to get the best out of it.

KarelWiel
19th Mar 2017, 14:12
Hi Guys,
also got an invite for Basic Testing..
Just not sure if it's BU/GU or GU only...

anyone who could advise?

SwedishFly
19th Mar 2017, 20:34
Thank you guys for your inputs!

JM1899
19th Mar 2017, 20:49
Hi Guys,
also got an invite for Basic Testing..
Just not sure if it's BU/GU or GU only...

anyone who could advise?

if you applied as ready entry it is the GU.
Anyone who got an invitation with less than 500hrs and without type rating?

Mlambin
20th Mar 2017, 13:44
I did without QT and less than 500h. I'm waiting for a DLR date.

KarelWiel
20th Mar 2017, 15:33
I got invite for basic testing, less than 500hr and no TR..

Mlambin
30th Mar 2017, 09:54
I will receive a date in the next 2-3 weeks for the DLR. I keep preparing with Skytest and I feel getting ready soon. What do you suggest to prepare else than that?

Did anyone had a technical interview with them and can talk about it?

xcocorb
6th Apr 2017, 08:21
Thanks for the feedback on previous pages guys. I was informed about my Basic test less than 2 weeks prior to the test which is on the 12th of April in Hamburg. I asked them for another date but they said they were not sure if or when the next one will be so I accepted it.

can anyone maybe give some more info about CRM test?

Thanks in advance!

Inverted21
21st Apr 2017, 11:23
Thnx for the help regarding the DLR GU(Basic Testing) everyone. I got through.

I will hear about a SIM date within 3 weeks. Anybody passed the SIM yet?

Will it be on the a320 totally? Or partly on the PIT?
What do they expect from you in general?
Are they nice? Or do you have to "prove" yourself.
What "Major flat Airport" did they choose?
Impossible SID? Or climb runway track after passing 2000' direct to the BCN?
What is "the accaleration altitude" they're constantly talking about? Standard IATA climb profile, or a typical Lufthansa thing?

@xcocorb, the CRM were like 50 questions not being right or wrong regarding what you think about a situation in the aircraft.

eg. The cabin crew is as important to a flight as the cockpit crew.
Totally agree
Slightly agree
Neutral
Slightly disagree
Totally disagree

Just tell them how you think a company with the best possible CRM would look like. I would not remember anymore what I answered because it was from the heart. Same think for the psychological questions.

Ohh yeah, one more thing anybody could had noticed... KRN is audible!!! and you only hear the question once!!! Also the answering time is not always 30secs. But variable between 10-30 secs. and you hear the annoying loud BEEEEEP 5 secs. before the end of the time, just when you're getting to the answer in your head. :\

Anyway, NEVER to do the DLR again

ManualFlight
22nd Apr 2017, 05:13
Congratulations! Good job!
Did they ask you to do the PPT test (folding / unfolding cubes) as well?
Just asking since you've just been there.

Cheers & Good luck for the SIM!

Inverted21
22nd Apr 2017, 10:00
That test was not in the GU(Basic Testing). The tests we had were quite straight forward to what the preparation file said.

ENS - a bit harder, but similar to the CBT

KRN - questions were given by headphone, a bit easier than CBT, but see last post

OWT - a bit harder, but similar to the CBT (we had it just after lunch

RAG - was NOT asked but train it just in case. It's not that hard and a good training

RMS - Same as CBT

ROT - Easier than CBT, but the speed will become progressively a bit faster than CBT. Due to the progressive speed, starting slower than level 1 in the CBT you will have the first 10 (always) correct.

SKT - Same as CBT, but a different color blue. (for me it worked out to whisper the question continuesly from top to bottom eg. RED RIGHT, RED RIGHT, RED RIGHT. And then you whisper out loud the next triangle. Repeat the first word (RED LEFT) press top, repeat the second word (BLUE RIGHT) press bottom, another word (YELLOW UP) press right).

VLR - Way faster than CBT, also the lines drawn are much longer which makes it harder. For me it worked out to stare at the screen instead of watching the actual line, and look which turn it makes by your perephrial view.

VMC - this one is killing. New symbols and more symbols. Try to do the first series as good as possible. In the last ones I was like, YES, NO, YES, YES, NO, COULD BE, I THINK I SAW A BLACK ONE BEFORE, NEVER SAW THIS SYMBOL, LETS CLICK NO FOR A COUPLE OF TIMES, NOW A YES FOR A CHANGE... :confused:

FWT - Random database. Be lucky or be ..... without kissing.

PSYCHO -

CRM - See last post.

MIC - They keep that for last. All tired with "square eyes", slightly irritated and sad about what you think you scored on the other tests, aaand BAMM!!! I had no skytest or something like that. But I heared from other guys that you can train this type of test with that program. You get a 45min. training and a 15min. examination. It feels like flying in a heavy CB.

So that is about it. Prepare to be a zombie the night after the test. :ooh: Something with the F in I AM SAFE

JulesW
25th Apr 2017, 14:27
Hi,

I've been invited for the GU on 22/06 (Basic Testing)

Well done Inverted21!

Did they ask any ATPL Questions?

Thanks in advance.

Inverted21
25th Apr 2017, 14:30
@JulesW

Yes they did. They weren't hard. I guess on page 5 or 6 there's a reply on the ATPL part. Good luck! And prepare well! It is called FWT in my reply ;)

JulesW
25th Apr 2017, 14:35
How did you prepare for them because for me it's a while ago for me...

ManualFlight
25th Apr 2017, 14:38
Spoke to a friend yesterday who went for the basic testing as DEC: no ATPL questions. Just saying'.

Inverted21
25th Apr 2017, 14:45
I enter as a low time FO non TR... It could be that those tests are different.

try ACE technical pilot interview, or something like that book with less errors. Cheers!

mng558
25th Apr 2017, 20:13
One question regarding the DLR OWT:

I'm curious whether the scales of all nine instruments are equally aligned, meaning e.g. if the 12 o'clock position of one instrument has a value of 1, will this also be the case for the other eight instruments?

This would make things a lot easier :)

Thanks!

JulesW
26th Apr 2017, 11:57
I bought skytest for preparation.

Skytest has a chapter about Physics and Technical Comprehension. Is this also stuff to know for the BU (basic test) in Hamburg?
In other words do they question you about electricity, magnetism, mechanics, optics, thermodynamics, waves?

Fieldins
26th Apr 2017, 12:01
@mng558 yep the position is the same!

xcocorb
26th Apr 2017, 17:54
I passed the basic test which was held on 12th of April in Hamburg. I can advise anyone preparing for the test not to waste time and money with skytest. The official DLR CBT is perfectly suited for training. Be careful with English language test. It was really tough. ATPL questions were not so hard, and there were only 30 of them.

I would appreciate if anyone could say a few words about the sim assessment. Which airport was used at the assessment? They gave us charts for 11 airports, but I guess there are some which they prefer for the assessment.

For the guys that passed in April, what did they tell you about the date for the nest stage? I was told that it will probably be in June or July but they will inform me in a timely manner.

Inverted21
26th Apr 2017, 21:10
Yup, they told me I'd get an email regarding the next step in about a month since last Friday. So those dates will probably be correct.

Fieldins
27th Apr 2017, 04:09
@xcocorb, @Inverted21 I passed the DLR in January, still waiting for the SIM! They said June/July also to me! See you soon!

xcocorb
27th Apr 2017, 05:14
I am guessing they are waiting for a certain number of individuals to pass the basic testing before they organize sim assessment. I know that they also had basic test in Vienna one week after our test in Hamburg

stn
28th Apr 2017, 04:39
Are the employment terms listed at career.aero? I couldn't find them. I'm employed elsewhere, but I had an application entered years ago, I presume, and out of curiosity wanted to see the terms after they asked me to update my application.

xcocorb
28th Apr 2017, 17:46
They have uploaded terms and conditions for PMI base, it is in the download section on career.aero

stn
28th Apr 2017, 18:56
Thanks, found it.

Good luck to all applying. I've went through dlr-like tests (successfully) enough times for the time being already and not too keen on taking them on just for the fun of it :)

flyhigh788
30th Apr 2017, 11:20
@stn: haha, that was the same what I was thinking after discovering the conditions/salary.

Can hardly imagine they find experienced guys willing to accept these conditions + pay a life in Vienna with this.

xcocorb
4th May 2017, 17:06
Did anyone hear anything yet for the second round?

appfo09
7th May 2017, 16:35
Hi fellows,

Does anyone of you who did the Basic Testing in English, why there is no ENG version of the tests on the Coaching Portal website.
I received the following link Index of /coaching/Coaching-Portal/EWG (http://www.hh.dlr.de/coaching/Coaching-Portal/EWG/), but I am just wondering why are all tests only found in German.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

mng558
7th May 2017, 17:14
Try removing the G at the end. There's a subfolder 'english' where you can find everything in a zip file. For whatever reason, they're using a slightly different selection of CBTs for english speaking applicants. While PPT is missing there, they included VLR and RAG instead.

Inverted21
7th May 2017, 20:01
The quickest answer would be that you are invited by/ applied for EWG. This is Eurowings Germany. You are on the Eurowings Europe forum (Austria)

Mlambin
16th May 2017, 16:34
Hey here,

I have my test in July and i'm practising everyday after work. I really need and want to succeed it.

Does anyone knows the amount of pilot they are inviting for this test and what is the percentage of success.

It's not my last chance but maybe one of them as I finish my training 7 years ago, I really want to secure this test and have an interview after it.

germandude
17th May 2017, 07:48
Hi,

its quite hard to tell how many they are inviting, but I would guess its somewhere around 300 in total per year as they are in need for ~30 pilots per year.

Passrate of the first stage is a little bit varying but overall between 35-40% I guess.

Second stage is the simulator screening. Passrate is approx 60-70%.

Third stage is the psychological Assesment, where you have 30-45% passrate.

Last stage is the interview where you have 40-50% passrate.

Overall it is the standard Lufthansa selection with a total passrate below 10%.

All passrates and the crew demaned are just a rough estimated. It is also possible that they will take everyone at a stage on one day and no one on another.

There are 2 really important tasks for the first stage: 1) practise everythin as much as possible at home 2) keep calm and totaly focused on the day.

Good luck.

Mlambin
17th May 2017, 11:26
Ok ok.

Passrate seems low ! Let's see :-)

xcocorb
20th May 2017, 12:30
Hey guys,

Any news about the second round? Did anyone talk to Interpersonal about it?

Inverted21
22nd May 2017, 10:14
Regarding phase 2 (SIM): I got the news, probably not during the summer. No Sim slots available.

Regarding phase 1 (BASIC TESTING): Around 90% failed during my testdate...

xcocorb
24th May 2017, 15:27
yeah, they probably need experienced pilots now that can start flying immediately this summer.

I guess the only thing we can do now is to wait, and hope for the best

TheSkiingPilot
29th May 2017, 10:24
Hey guys,

I have been invited for the First Stage of the Eurowings assessments, Basic Testing.

I have no idea what would be expected for this so any tips would be greatly appreciated! I would really appreciate an overview of what I should expect, and any insider news on the assessment process.

If anyone has been through the Eurowings assessment process recently, please DM me! I'd love to get in touch.

Inverted21
1st Jun 2017, 09:22
Hey SkiingPilot,

nice to hear you got invited for the GU (Basic Testing).

This is the well known DLR (German Psychometric Test on the highest possible standard). If you read this entire Thread except for the whining part on the first couple of pages (like every PPRuNe thread), you'll get a good impression.

From my point of view there is nothing more to learn in this stage.
Also via your career.aero login -> downloads, you should find enough info regarding all the stages.

Good luck on your Prep!

TheSkiingPilot
1st Jun 2017, 10:55
Thanks Inverted21

Yeah seems like quite a difficult process they put you through and the success rates seem very very low, but of course a chance is a chance and anyone with an invitation should take it with excitement. What would be the best way to prepare for this first stage?
Also, do you know how long after the Basic Testing stage comes the next stage of the interview process? (Might be getting a little too ahead of myself haha)

Thanks once again.

md eleven
3rd Jun 2017, 13:08
Hi all

I have been invited to the DLR test beginning of July (GU) and I am a bit confused.

I use the CBT software to prepare myself and the included modules I got are:
SKT, OWT, RMS, VMC, ROT, PPT, ENS and KRN.

Reading through this thread it seems that they also test VLR and RAG on the day? I have no preparation software for these tests.
I doubt they change the test-modules from batch to batch, no?

md eleven
3rd Jun 2017, 18:42
Hi everyone

I have been invited to the DLR test beginning of July but I am a bit confused.

I will have to do the GU test and have received a link with all the training modules to download.

The following modules were sent to me:

SKT, OWT, RMS, VMC, ROT, PPT, ENS and KRN

According to people just a few posts above, they also had to complete a RAG and a VLR test. I haven't received any training software for these tests. Also they are not listed on my protocol sheet.

Have they changed anything or have they forgotten to send me stuff?

Thanks

TheSkiingPilot
4th Jun 2017, 07:38
What are people using to prepare for the Eurowings assessment?

md eleven
4th Jun 2017, 12:28
What are people using to prepare for the Eurowings assessment?

I use the CBT (software provided by the DLR).

There is something called Skytest which costs about 80 Euros. It covers the same tests apparently.
Some people say it is worth it, some say it isn't.

I see how I get along with the CBT tests. If I feel it doesn't get me where I need to be I might take a look at skytest.

Some of these tests are ridiculously difficult like RMS or VMC, others are actually not too bad and I strangely enjoy them ( ROT, SKT, OWT).

I keep a record of every attempt with my percentages so I can track my progress. The most frustrating bit is when you reach 90+ percent on level 1 and then start training on level 2 and drop down to 70 or something. To pass the selection level 3 is what is expected apparently.

Good luck

TheSkiingPilot
4th Jun 2017, 19:55
Wow thank you for the detailed answer. I actually didn't know they give you a preparation pack...maybe it's too early, I've been scheduled for August.
Right, so prep prep prep, practice practice practice!

Thank you!

md eleven
5th Jun 2017, 09:14
Usually you will get a link to the prep software with your invitation (at least I did).

Once you do, start straight away. These tests are designed to see how much time you are willing to spend preparing yourself.

At the beginning there will be a lot of frustration, but don't let that deter you. After a while things will get better.

To give you one example:
There is a test where a voice says a sequence or random numbers ( 8, 3, 2, 9, 4, ...). At some point the voice will stop, but you don't know when.
Your task is to write down the last 6 (or so) digits, but in reverse order!

The first time I tried my brain was stumbling about and after the test I didn't know if I should be crying or laughing (I went for laughing).

After a few days I am getting pretty good at it. My record so far has been recalling 8 numbers.

So practice, practice, practice.

By the way, which bases did they offer you and which one did you choose as your nbr1?

TheSkiingPilot
5th Jun 2017, 14:05
Okay I understand I'll try and find that link then!
I haven't been offered a base or anything as of yet. I think I'm probably still in the early stages. I'm not sure!

md eleven
5th Jun 2017, 14:25
Normally when you fill in your application form they ask you where you want to be based.
The job offer usually comes with restrictions in terms of bases you can apply for (wherever they need pilots at that time).

I was able to choose between Vienna, Salzburg and Palma de Majorca.

Interesting bases all of them.

EDDT
5th Jun 2017, 18:02
VIE SZG PMI are all the bases they have right now.

Did they say anything about future bases?

md eleven
5th Jun 2017, 18:15
No, not for the moment.

Looks like VIE will be the biggest base. SZG will only get one aircraft for now. I am not sure how many planes will go to PMI.

I made PMI my first choice. Who knows, if the unthinkable happens and I somehow manage to get through all of this they might, just might allow me to live there. :)

Fieldins
5th Jun 2017, 18:57
when they asked for the base??

jturbop
5th Jun 2017, 20:10
They didnt ask for my base preference.

Does anyone know the passrate for the DLR, some tests are REALLY difficult especially on level 3 and do you have to speak fluent german to succeed the selection for eurowings europe?

Fieldins
6th Jun 2017, 08:10
Anyone is going for the sim screening?

md eleven
6th Jun 2017, 08:53
when they asked for the base??

When I filled in the online application (you know, the work history and flying hours document) on the last page I was asked which base I would prefer.
I had to rank them in order (there were three drop-down menus). I was given VIE, SZG and PMI.

I filled them in rather randomly and wrote to interpersonal that i would be happy living in any of those places. Not sure if they pass such information on to EW.

I guess the question of base will come up right at the end at the HR interview. Still a long road until then :)

Regarding pass-rate: No one knows for sure, but it seems about 90% - 95% fail the initial DLR test. The sim weeds out another 60% - 70%. I am not sure about the interview.

Chances are slim, but it is a chance and I will embrace it :)

Good luck to everyone.

MFhotdog
6th Jun 2017, 09:24
They didnt ask for my base preference.

Does anyone know the passrate for the DLR, some tests are REALLY difficult especially on level 3 and do you have to speak fluent german to succeed the selection for eurowings europe?

Have a look at some older posts, there is a detailed pass rate listing.

Is here anyone who already passed the assessment? How long is the time between last stage and start date? What bases are offered? Will there be also bases in germany? Where will the rating take place?

Thanks for any info.

Inverted21
6th Jun 2017, 11:13
Anyone is going for the sim screening?

Hey, does this mean you got your date? I'm still on hold. Theys said probs until after the summerpeak.

ShineOn
6th Jun 2017, 11:18
What are the backgrounds of people being invited to selection? How long between application and invite, thanks!

md eleven
6th Jun 2017, 11:37
Don't know about others but here is my background:

I applied a few weeks ago and got the invitation last week. I have an (f)ATPL with 350 odd hours total. I have spent the last few years working in pilot training operating Level-D sims and as stand-in pilot (737/747).

I live in the UK but I am originally from Austria (ICAO engl 6 / German fluent) and I am probably one of the oldest applicants (41).

I am currently preparing for the DLR-GU test which is tough going.

Hope this helps.

Anyone else doing their DLR test in July?

Mlambin
6th Jun 2017, 16:28
I have my DLR on the 20st of July.

Background: Finish school in 2010 and no jobs yet (I didn't really apply for few years because I lost faith but I am fully back on track now). 272h TT working in the hospitality in Brussels.

I got invited in February.

jturbop
7th Jun 2017, 11:08
I have to go to Hamburg in July as well.

Does anyone have more information about a possible starting date for one of the 3 bases?

@Mlambin & mdeleven: do you speak german?

md eleven
7th Jun 2017, 14:01
No starting date yet, but summer is a busy period so I would guess it won't be until autumn before they start training the new guys. Most airlines don't have the capacity during the busy summer months.

Yes, I speak German. It is my mother tongue.

Mlambin
7th Jun 2017, 16:30
I don't speak German but I have bases. I am on a self-learning process. Not an easy language!

jturbop
7th Jun 2017, 19:15
For me the same lol.

Does anyone know if we can expect the PPT on the DLR and how many ATPL questions can we expect approx?

Good luck for everyone!!

md eleven
8th Jun 2017, 07:36
Tests for ready entries are
ATPL,MIC,OWT,PPT,RMS,ROT,SKT,VMC,Maths (apparently they are all acoustic), English and a psychological profiling test.

I don't know how many ATPL questions there are, but you are expected to do some maths; fuel flow, climb rate, scales, ISA deviation etc.
Then a lot of questions regarding air law, procedures (CAT1,2 approaches) and met questions.

Hope this helps.

xcocorb
11th Jun 2017, 21:36
Hey, does this mean you got your date? I'm still on hold. Theys said probs until after the summerpeak.

I am also hoping to hear that someone got invited for the second round. This waiting seems to take forever, but hopefully it will all be worth it at the end.

Metterlich
19th Jun 2017, 07:00
hi,

thats cool, would you give a feedback on your Assessment these days?

kimono1950
25th Jun 2017, 10:31
Can anyone confirm the Cpt salary is 3200 net ?

If so, what an insult for the profession.

And you need to pass an astronaut assessment for this kind of :mad:

The guys in the mngt need a brain inspection !

dirk85
25th Jun 2017, 12:13
It's the pilots applying for this company who need a brain inspection and medical revoked, not management.

Mlambin
26th Jun 2017, 04:46
Better having that job and salary that being stuck like me in a bar after 7 years looking for a cockpit.

Life is not about pixels on your computer screen but happiness. Let me tell you that in my situation, flying and having 1500 would be an major improvement in my happiness!

flyhigh788
28th Jun 2017, 13:55
If there is anyone of you who recently did the SIM as rated, please send me a PM:)

XanderFly
3rd Jul 2017, 21:57
Why bother that much concerning the salary? F/o payment net is € 2.500, but additional sector pay is € 50. With 2-4 sectors each day, it is a very welcome addition to the standard salary.

Time81
3rd Jul 2017, 22:38
Where did you get this from? Sector pay only applies for sectors exceeding the 284 ones which are already covered by base salary.

XanderFly
4th Jul 2017, 13:49
Hi Time81, from the info package from Eurowings Europe, base Palma de Mallorca. 284 sectors should be 205, if I read the package:

- The employee is only entitled to be paid additional sector remuneration if more than 205 sectors (the “tripping limit”) are flown for Eurowings Europe in a calendar year. The employee will receive additional sector renumeration for every sector flown in a calendar year for Eurowings Europe beyond the "tripping limit". (currently 205 sectors). Additional sectors will be paid on a monthly basis.

How many sectors can I expect to fly in a working day?
It is industry average for point to point carriers like EWEU to fly 2 to 4 sectors in a working day.

Time81
5th Jul 2017, 08:53
For PMI it's 204, but VIE/SZG 281 sectors. I was only considering VIE/SZG when answering your post.

For VIE/SZG you can expect around 2.000 net per month (or 2.500, if you consider the two additional salaries) which already include 281 sectors. For every additional sector you'll get 50 EUR (before tax and social insurance). I don't wanna argue about whether this is a good or bad contract - everyone needs to decide in his/her own; I just wanted to clarify that the sector pay is only for additional sectors and not from sector 1 on.

germandude
5th Jul 2017, 13:22
Hi,

is there anyone who passed the assessment and is waiting to start the training?

ZorroFrench
5th Jul 2017, 13:26
Hello guys,

I 'll try the DLR for a F/ O non rated postion on July, but I was wondering if I pass what will be the next phase?

antoniomg
5th Jul 2017, 17:09
Hi,

Does anyone know at around what time does the tests end? I'm trying to book a flight at 18:00LT, but i don't know if I am able to get to the airport on time...

Thanks

XanderFly
7th Jul 2017, 13:14
For PMI it's 204, but VIE/SZG 281 sectors. I was only considering VIE/SZG when answering your post.

For VIE/SZG you can expect around 2.000 net per month (or 2.500, if you consider the two additional salaries) which already include 281 sectors. For every additional sector you'll get 50 EUR (before tax and social insurance). I don't wanna argue about whether this is a good or bad contract - everyone needs to decide in his/her own; I just wanted to clarify that the sector pay is only for additional sectors and not from sector 1 on.

Thanks for the clarification, Times. Good to know that there are differences in sector pay between the bases. To me it's positive that the TR is being paid and the contract is permanent.

XanderFly
7th Jul 2017, 13:18
Hello guys,

I 'll try the DLR for a F/ O non rated postion on July, but I was wondering if I pass what will be the next phase?DLR GU, Sim screening (A320), assessment center, psychological assessment, interview.

ZorroFrench
7th Jul 2017, 13:26
thanks XanderFly, seems to be a very long processus...

ZorroFrench
7th Jul 2017, 13:27
So to summarize it's like 2500 euros net plus a Type Rating bonded?

flyhigh788
8th Jul 2017, 16:07
No. To summarize for VIE base it will be 2100 net and you will receive sector pay after 281 sectors in a year.

jmvdb22
25th Jul 2017, 10:48
I am invited to do the DLR in Hamburg on 17 August, any others that will attend that day?
Also any tips for the test next to practising a lot?

Mlambin
25th Jul 2017, 17:04
Practice everything you received in the downloaded package so you will feel confident.

For the test you can't practice, best of luck ! I was there on the 20th of this month I am waiting for the results.

jmvdb22
26th Jul 2017, 09:11
Thanks! Best of luck to you as well.

As for the people saying you(me) shouldn't accept the pay they offer and such, I'm seriously wondering if you'd turn down the opportunity when offered while you were just starting your career in the current market.
The pay might not be great, but I'd be making more than I am at my current job, and I'd be doing that while flying. Seems like all positives to me, but please do correct me if you think there is a better opportunity I might have missed.:rolleyes:

Peter62
26th Jul 2017, 17:15
Hi Mlambin. Did you do Sim Check also, or just test on those CBTs that you can download?
Even I'm going to Hamburg on 17/8, quite nervous right now :-)

ZorroFrench
27th Jul 2017, 09:58
hey fols,

I was on the session of 20 July and just saw on the website Career Aero that my application is " closed " probably means that I was unsuccesful at the DLR

Anyone on the same situation?

maverickflyer
27th Jul 2017, 11:34
hi guys, Im also going for the DLR tests in HAM the 17th. I haven't booked my hotel yet. Any recommendations? Thanks and good luck to all!

Griffon_PMI
27th Jul 2017, 12:05
I went to Hamburg on the 20th this month... today I got the email with the "no positive feedback"

About the hotel, I stayed at the Ibis and it was good enough, but just next to it there was a Hostel much cheaper and decent looking.
The test itself was a bit different than the CBTs, OWT and RMS are faster, ROT is easier getting faster in time, the figures in VMC are not the same... the KRN is much more simple, but you receive the numbers by audio...

Good luck!

HNH
27th Jul 2017, 14:11
For the others that went for the DLR earlier, are you TR on the A320 or other aircrafts? Experience etc?

Mlambin
27th Jul 2017, 19:31
I just received a positive answer after passing the DLR from the 20th ! So proud.

@Peter62: No i did not do Sim check yet. I am waiting for a date.

@ZorroFrench & Griffon_PMI: Best of luck for your next airlines interview !

@Fieldings: Do you think this PDF file available on career.aero is what we should prepare for the SIM ?

"SIM Screening
Ready Entry
First Officer & Captain
Candidates"

Peter62
27th Jul 2017, 20:19
Congratulations Mlambin. Hope the rest will go as well as this one. Now it's just practice so that we also succeed :)

XanderFly
31st Jul 2017, 15:48
Is anybody able to confirm that ATPL questions are NOT part of the first stage (DLR in Hamburg), when applying for FO (non-rated, low hour)? Thanks in advance!

Ayusing
31st Jul 2017, 18:56
Hi guys!

I was called for the First Stage the 13rd of September. Who is in?

I'm cheking the DLR Training examples and It'll be a very busy period :confused:

Time81
1st Aug 2017, 13:28
Is anybody able to confirm that ATPL questions are NOT part of the first stage (DLR in Hamburg), when applying for FO (non-rated, low hour)? Thanks in advance!

ATPL questions are part of the first stage in Hamburg!

Sablaster
1st Aug 2017, 13:35
If anyone is interested, I found a nice additional free training test for DLR where you can see whether you are above or bellow average and also someones best score.

https://dlrsinavi.com/module/running-memory-span

The link is for RMS, but there are also other modules.
It's on Turkish I think, but you can understand the things you need.

Happy practicing :rolleyes:

Ayusing
1st Aug 2017, 16:12
Thank you Sablaster for your help!

On the other hand, for people going the 13rd of September. I have the next modules of DLR to practice (Sent by Eurowings via link): ENS, KRN, OWT, RAG, RMS, ROT, SKT, VLR, VMC. I can see that for German they also have PPT but it's not in the English folder.

In addition to this, some people say that the module KRN the figures are given via headseat and other that are given via screen. can anyone confirm that? :confused:

Thank you for the information!

appfo09
2nd Aug 2017, 11:26
Hi fellows!

Do the ATPL Questions come in German on the Basic Testing DLR GU?

Thank you!

Sablaster
2nd Aug 2017, 18:19
Any tips for OWT? My mind becomes chaotic when I start that one :confused:

Mlambin
7th Aug 2017, 14:14
If you select English every single thing during the day will be in English except when it comes to order your food at lunch time

Did someone passed the Sim check with them ?

appfo09
7th Aug 2017, 18:32
@Mlambin - Congrats for passing the first stage. All the best for the next one.
So ATPL questions all come in English; That is awesome!

AlphaFloor45
9th Aug 2017, 14:15
Hello everybody

For the document called biographical data, what is additional questions "THY" "LUX" and "DLH" ?

Which one do we have to answer ?

Thanks !

jmvdb22
9th Aug 2017, 14:37
If you'd look those up on google you'd find the answer, although I'm not sure which would be LUX, but I'd expect they mean either Cargolux or Luxair, THY is Turkish Airlines, DLH is Lufthansa (Deutsche Lufthansa for clarification haha). As Eurowings is part of Lufthansa, I'd go with the latter. Also only do part A if you haven't done the DLR before.

chm000
10th Aug 2017, 10:42
Hi everyone,
I'll be in Hamburg on 13th of September and thanks to all for the information above.

KRN (Mental Arithmetic) test:
From what i've been told: oral presentation of the calculation.
But I'd like to know your feedback: type of operation, how many numbers in the calculation, time to calculate, etc.

So could you just give us some examples, please?

XanderFly
10th Aug 2017, 17:13
What's the dress code for the DLR? Normal suit with tie, or do you need to show up in pilot uniform?

Ayusing
11th Aug 2017, 07:41
Hi! I'll be the 13th of Sept. in HAM too. It's strange because they give the KRN practice by screen. I guess the operation will be more or less the same than in the practice. Let's see if we have feedback from the collegues.
Regards!

Shutdownatpl
11th Aug 2017, 15:20
I have problem opening a CBT provided by DLR, I am using apple system, once i download apple users.zip and extract it just pdf files and pictures etc.. any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

ego180
11th Aug 2017, 18:11
Open the OWT files with Mozilla Firefox ...

jolimp
18th Aug 2017, 20:20
I went there in t-shirt and jean. You do not met anybody but a tactile screen

Kerropi
21st Aug 2017, 12:42
Quick question:
I have succesfully past GU and simulator assesment with Lufthansa Cityline in 2011. But never had the chance to do the FU due to circumstances. Now I want to try again. If invited do I have to do GU and simulator assesment again?

chm000
22nd Aug 2017, 13:05
Hi everyone,

KRN (Mental Arithmetic) test:
From what i've been told: oral presentation of the calculation.
But I'd like to know your feedback: type of operation, how many numbers in the calculation, time to calculate, etc.

So could you just give us some examples, please?

Hi,
sorry to ask it once again...could anybody give us some example of KRN exercice given at the DLR test?
Thank you.

Sablaster
22nd Aug 2017, 19:07
Does anyone know how long the max sequence is for the actual RMS test, for example more than 15? And does the real test include a number 0?

Sambo77
19th Sep 2017, 06:52
Thats correct, oral presentation of arithmetics. and the calculations are almost like the ones handed out in the CBT practice modules.

padigs
19th Sep 2017, 16:13
Hello every body no news from eurowings, new DLR or SIM sessions?

Mlambin
19th Sep 2017, 17:58
Just get an answer today regarding the sim. They give priority to captains. No date.

AlphaFloor45
21st Sep 2017, 12:18
Invited for DLR on 16th october :)

Sablaster
26th Sep 2017, 10:27
Me too :ok:

My friend passed DLR test in April and haven't got a call for the Sim yet:bored:

AlphaFloor45
1st Oct 2017, 20:21
Yes ... I also have a friend in the same situation (DLR in august and still no date for sim). Apparently an Air Berlin history seams to be the cause ...I hope our DLR session will not be useless ...

Mlambin
2nd Oct 2017, 07:50
Good point, I hope too i succeed in July and wait for a Sim session.

maverickflyer
2nd Oct 2017, 13:04
I passed the DLR in August and I'm also waiting for the sim session. Do you think we should call and ask or simply wait?

padigs
2nd Oct 2017, 14:10
Don't know

Sablaster
2nd Oct 2017, 18:05
Well Air Berlin will influence all of us wishing to enter EW definitely, whether we like it or not, also Monarch airlines is out, so lets just hope that the money they spent for the DLR testing is not thrown away.

And one more thing, a good part of those who passed DLR earlier will probably get (and probably already got) a job in the mean time. We must hope for the best, and forget the rest!

flyhigh788
15th Oct 2017, 11:12
Well Air Berlin will influence all of us wishing to enter EW definitely, whether we like it or not, also Monarch airlines is out, so lets just hope that the money they spent for the DLR testing is not thrown away.

And one more thing, a good part of those who passed DLR earlier will probably get (and probably already got) a job in the mean time. We must hope for the best, and forget the rest!

One thing I can assure you: They do not care about the few Euros they invested in the DLR ...

Sablaster
15th Oct 2017, 15:13
One thing I can assure you: They do not care about the few Euros they invested in the DLR ...

Unfortunately I couldn't agree more, but as they say, hope dies last...

Sablaster
20th Oct 2017, 13:44
Just received positive feedback for the DLR, if anyone is interested I can write in detail about my experience.

appfo09
20th Oct 2017, 17:25
Hi Sablaster! Congratulations!
I am glad to hear that you succeeded on the DLR. It is for sure not an easy test at all. Please be so kind and write me about your experience. I will also attend an assessment very soon, therefore I am interested to know how everything went.

Thank you !

Sablaster
30th Oct 2017, 11:32
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply.

So here's what it looked like from my perspective.

Tip 1: Prepare... prepare a lot! Read everything from the manuals that they handled you.

Tip 2: Start from the lvl1 and then progress to upper lvls, otherwise you'll be just frustrated.

Most of the things that you want to know is written on this post.

ENS - try thatquiz.org really nice for the synonyms that you'll have on the real test. It was not an easy test, but it depends from your general English knowledge, go through provided test few times.

KRN/RAG - There's just audio tasks, if you want you can buy Skytest, it helped me for this one, but its just personal preference.

FWT - You have some questions posted here, also go trough your books, and optionally Avexam. Questions difficulty - medium.

OWT - Clocks are slightly different (needle pointing on a number is much more easier to see, hard black coloured). Speed lvl 3, my avg was 90-95%
day before test.

SKT - Exactly the same lvl3. Try combining provided DLR tests with Skytest, my avg 98%.

ROT - Same voice from provided material, starts really slow lvl 1 and then progress but not as fast as lvl 3, something between lvl 2-3 till end, my avg 90-100%.

VLR - Easiest one, 10x10cm square on display lvl3, also the same as provided from materials, my avg always 100%.

RMS - Again, same voice, same speed, lvl2, my avg was btw 30-36%. If you can remember 6-7 numbers I think you'll pass.

VMC - 2,3,3,4,5 slightly different figures pretty much like Skytest but again not the same. my avg was btw 80-88%.

MIC - if you bought Skytest don't practice too much, principle is the same but it looks and feels totally different, you'll have a lot of time to practice there before real test starts (45 mins practice, and then 15 mins for test). Joystick is Logitech Extreme3DPro.

CRM/Psycho tests - just answer questions as honestly as possible, don't think too much.

Please don't let the exercises stress you or it will be counterproductive, on most of them you just can't achieve 100% and its perfectly fine. As far as I know you are competing against average tests results. Give your best, practice and focus when you're there, try to get enough sleep before assessment so you could give your optimum performance.

I wish you all the best! :ok:

padigs
3rd Nov 2017, 17:12
Hello guys any new from Eurowings, Sim session or interviews?

Sonicfox
4th Nov 2017, 11:38
No news to date. But given the time between one selection and the other I must assume the need for pilots is very low. After all, they have just 8 aircrafts.

nebojsar
4th Nov 2017, 21:49
Just received positive feedback for the DLR, if anyone is interested I can write in detail about my experience.

Yes please! :ok:

Fabian89
2nd Dec 2017, 09:27
Hey Guys,

I did my simulator assessment on the 22th of November and fortunately I passed. Now I am waiting for the next stage. Anybody invited for that stage. They told me I have to wait for a while because they have to have a group of English speakers to do the next stage.

Mlambin
2nd Dec 2017, 19:33
Hey,

You are applying for FO ?
I succeed the DLR in July when did you passed yours ?
How long before the date they contacted you ? Can you provide me some infos i really want to succeed !

Fabian89
5th Dec 2017, 10:09
Yes I am applying for FO. I succeed in April the DLR. I called them every two/ three weeks. And suddenly at the beginning of November they told me there was a slot available on the 22th. So three weeks before the date I knew.

You do your assessment with two assessors. One is your pilot monitoring. Althought he was more an assistant, because he is not even make the rt by it selfs and he is only doing it if you give him the order.

The day started with a briefing. Very relaxt and nice people. You will do the briefing with four people. Two assessors and another applicant. The briefing takes about 1:30 minutes. Thereafter they ask you who wants to start first. I had a late flight back so that makes me automatically second. I rmtook a lunch during the assessment of the other applicant. The other guy failed by the way.

Then it was my turn. They explained me the lay out of the A320. ( take 1 or 2 lessons in a simulator a320. That helps). Then i started to prepare my SID. it was a difficult one with many NDB's on Hamburg. After that some airwork. Remember your pilot monitoiring is doing everything by orders. He answer only atc by himself. Thereafter a ILS, go around and ndb approach. They told me immidiately that i passed and after that we did a loft flight, which was very nice. You cant succeed nor fail for it.As I said now I have to wait for other applicants.

padigs
5th Dec 2017, 16:39
Thx for the feedback for the SIM I think that I need to call them to have a slot for a SIM.

Warlock1
27th Dec 2017, 12:27
Hi All;
I got the following email today:

'.....With this mail we like to invite you for the first step in the selection process, the Basic Testing.
This examination takes place on the: - 31.01.2018 in Hamburg
To receive the invitation for this event contact us by email. For this, please use the answer-button of your email program.''

Am I right to assume this is the invitation for the DLR (Basic testing)? If so, is one month even enough to prepare for this test or should I request an alternative later date?
Thanks all for any feedback

Sky95
28th Dec 2017, 09:47
Same email for me.. But today

tfggomes
4th Jan 2018, 12:04
Hy guys,
I've just received today one email like the last one.
Can you give more information about the data received on the pack to study, the locations you stay in Hamburg, the time needed to be there?
Thanks

ROKVIATOR
5th Jan 2018, 10:25
I had that email but I think I am not going. Is it worth the shoot? Hundreds of people just for a DLR for eurowings? Doesn't seem too good