PDA

View Full Version : Eurowings Europe F/O

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

vp89
16th Nov 2018, 19:16
Hi mas618!
It sounds that you should get a proper salary if you are based in VIE/PMI during training. Otherwise, i.e. for German bases, you would get only training allowance rather than a salary of 1500 EUR.

mas618
17th Nov 2018, 05:26
Thx! Really depends on what an "employment contract" cover? Is that the same as a paycheck? I'm going to sim assessment on the 7th of December, so I'll ask them when I'm there..

Regards

Mas
​​

nder
17th Nov 2018, 21:01
Hey everyone, Did anyone get an invitation for an online DLR test and called up for a SIM session without an MCC here?

FlyingDutchman24
19th Nov 2018, 01:30
Hello there guys,

I presume the CQ conducted by Eurowings is relatively straight forward which include an interview and group assessment. I was wondering if these two activities focus more on the candidate's personality, rather than their technical side which I assume was tested via the BQ and the Sim Assessment. Would be awesome if someone could assist in shedding a bit more light on this final stage, cheers!

anotherwanabee
21st Nov 2018, 17:37
Hello everybody.
First I would like to share my experience with IP selection for Eurowings.
I don't want to ruin my ongoing selection so I will not reveal anything too specific, but I'll do my best to release a part of the stress that you may have now :)

BQ :
You don't have to be an astronaut guy. Without revealing anything specific I can tell you it could be very helpful to practice on Skytest the following exercices at a "medium" level of difficulty :
- Pair of Scales
- Character Combinations Test
- Codes Memory Test
- Shapes Test
- Multitasking with Color Tanks (but has not been used in the last few weeks)
- Multitasking with Instruments
- PFD Tracking Test
- Stack Test
- Cube Folding Test
- Cube Comparison Test
- Number Blocks Test
- Mental Arithmetics
- Math Word Problems

But on my opinion : don't practice to much because skytest is not 100% like the BQ, so there is maybe a small risk that you will feel uncomfortable if you spend hundreds of hours on Skytest.
If you are below average in an area, it could be compsensate by higher score in another area (that was the case for me I am apparently a disabled personn with the perception test),BUT english and ATPL questions are not compensable. Below a certain mark you fail the whole BQ. Achtung Freunde !

SIM FNPT

You will have a small briefing and the examiner is very relaxed, does his best not to add stress to your stress at this moment. It is stressful ! I was on my nerves!
We had to perform a SID up to 5000ft, then after steepturns (45deg) then ask to enter into the hold (VOR/DME fix) caution : calculate/estimate wind correction : 3 times wind correction during outbound leg.
I think I was at 6 or 8 DME when asked to continue direct the VOR to hold, so approx 2 or 3 min to figure out what to do, so you have time. wind aloft was quite significant (20kts) so it must be taken into account !
The simulator is, well not exactly a real aircraft, if feels a bit funny on the controls but it is manageable. No emergency are to be carried out during this test.
Then you hold, one complete holding pattern, then standard ILS from the beacon, you fly the ILS, you land pull parking brake.
And : (important!) you are asked to self assess yourself (part of the notation).
After a small debriefing the examiner tells you immediatly if you pass or not.
My feeling : approach briefing and flying at the same time the procedure was what I found to be the most difficult part of the test, I almost forget to speak about the DA !

Then you have all you need to succeed, I wish you best of luck ! Oh yes : I know it is important : during my two days at IP : rate of success at BQ : around 70 or even 80 % (self gross estimation)
Rate of success SIM : 7 out of 8.
This is aptitude test : in a day if everyone is above the threshold the everyone pass.

Voila :)

Then may I ask you something : my CQ is coming not before february 19 : almost 2 month after the SIM : is it something some of you are experiencing as well ? I fear that they will have covered all their needs of young FO in 2 month, don't you think ?

Then for the CQ, well I am eager to read here any friendly info to help us better prepare for that day.

Good luck all with your selections !

JulStaR13
24th Nov 2018, 11:30
Hello Anotherwanabee,

Thank you for your information on the SIM session. I will do the SIM on the Seneca in few days in HAM. I really imagine that this is very basic flying (turns, climbs, descents, ILS, holdings, G/A...) and it seems the examiner is relax so I'm not so worried.

Can you please just tell us what the SIM looks like: do you have to know procedures (i don't know the seneca) and all the configurations (RPM and mixture for example)? Have you had any experience on this A/C? You confirm the charts provided are Jeppesen and not LIDO as on the A320 SIM? Did you choose the airport where you operated?

Regarding the 2-month period before you can attend the CQ, don't be afraid, i passed the DLR in 2017, and 9 months after I was invited to continue the process with the SIM.. I just that they cannot hire 200 pilots in 2 months, rather it is diluted on several months/years, that's why they don't need you immediately.

Good luck !

anotherwanabee
24th Nov 2018, 14:24
Hello JulStaR13.
For the sim you have very precious information regarding procedures on career.aero, in your "download" section. There is the Sim pitch/power table and also a brief description of the mission.
For your questions :
You don't have to play with the mixture. It stays full rich at all time.
I had no experience on PA34, did my MEP on a DA42... But the sim is quite light on the controls, I don't think it is meant to be acting like real aircraft.
I confirm that the charts are Jeppesen, not LIDO.
You don't choose your airport, it is assigned for you by the examiner. We all (the group of 4) had the same airport the day of my simulator session. No GPS no Autopilot. And it is indeed friendly atmosphere and mainly basic instrument flying is required to pass. You are allowed to do mistakes if there is no "kiling item" amongst them.

Good luck :) !

AlainA
28th Nov 2018, 05:20
Hello guys!

I have my FNPT check on the December 19th afternoon, anyone else?

Have a nice day!

HNH
28th Nov 2018, 05:37
Anyone had the FFS, and would like to share some pointers?

Aurel31
28th Nov 2018, 13:37
Anyone had the FFS, and would like to share some pointers?

Hello,
For the FFS, it is exactly as said in the file downloadable on line. No trick, No failure for the non rated.

HNH
28th Nov 2018, 21:11
Hello,
For the FFS, it is exactly as said in the file downloadable on line. No trick, No failure for the non rated.

You know which airport being used?

mas618
30th Nov 2018, 14:45
Does anyone have any info on terms and conditions for the FO position in VIE or PMI? Roster pattern, days off and so on..?

Mas

mas618
30th Nov 2018, 14:47
Hello everybody.
First I would like to share my experience with IP selection for Eurowings.
I don't want to ruin my ongoing selection so I will not reveal anything too specific, but I'll do my best to release a part of the stress that you may have now :)

BQ :
You don't have to be an astronaut guy. Without revealing anything specific I can tell you it could be very helpful to practice on Skytest the following exercices at a "medium" level of difficulty :
- Pair of Scales
- Character Combinations Test
- Codes Memory Test
- Shapes Test
- Multitasking with Color Tanks (but has not been used in the last few weeks)
- Multitasking with Instruments
- PFD Tracking Test
- Stack Test
- Cube Folding Test
- Cube Comparison Test
- Number Blocks Test
- Mental Arithmetics
- Math Word Problems

But on my opinion : don't practice to much because skytest is not 100% like the BQ, so there is maybe a small risk that you will feel uncomfortable if you spend hundreds of hours on Skytest.
If you are below average in an area, it could be compsensate by higher score in another area (that was the case for me I am apparently a disabled personn with the perception test),BUT english and ATPL questions are not compensable. Below a certain mark you fail the whole BQ. Achtung Freunde !

SIM FNPT

You will have a small briefing and the examiner is very relaxed, does his best not to add stress to your stress at this moment. It is stressful ! I was on my nerves!
We had to perform a SID up to 5000ft, then after steepturns (45deg) then ask to enter into the hold (VOR/DME fix) caution : calculate/estimate wind correction : 3 times wind correction during outbound leg.
I think I was at 6 or 8 DME when asked to continue direct the VOR to hold, so approx 2 or 3 min to figure out what to do, so you have time. wind aloft was quite significant (20kts) so it must be taken into account !
The simulator is, well not exactly a real aircraft, if feels a bit funny on the controls but it is manageable. No emergency are to be carried out during this test.
Then you hold, one complete holding pattern, then standard ILS from the beacon, you fly the ILS, you land pull parking brake.
And : (important!) you are asked to self assess yourself (part of the notation).
After a small debriefing the examiner tells you immediatly if you pass or not.
My feeling : approach briefing and flying at the same time the procedure was what I found to be the most difficult part of the test, I almost forget to speak about the DA !

Then you have all you need to succeed, I wish you best of luck ! Oh yes : I know it is important : during my two days at IP : rate of success at BQ : around 70 or even 80 % (self gross estimation)
Rate of success SIM : 7 out of 8.
This is aptitude test : in a day if everyone is above the threshold the everyone pass.

Voila :)

Then may I ask you something : my CQ is coming not before february 19 : almost 2 month after the SIM : is it something some of you are experiencing as well ? I fear that they will have covered all their needs of young FO in 2 month, don't you think ?

Then for the CQ, well I am eager to read here any friendly info to help us better prepare for that day.

Good luck all with your selections !
About the sim - is it RMI ADF instrument or fixed scale? And what about VOR flying - is it HSI style?

Thank you

Mas

jevanbh1
2nd Dec 2018, 15:25
Hey all,
I have an FNPT Sim on Jan 18th 2019 - has anyone else got a Sim check on the same day?
Thanks

anotherwanabee
3rd Dec 2018, 11:22
For the Sim, you have an HSI.
Any feedback about the CQ ?

tmracing
7th Dec 2018, 15:43
I got an invitation for the BQ in January. Is there someone else?

TotalRecall
13th Dec 2018, 18:05
Hi there, regarding the ATPL questions: anyone knows how many are? % to pass? any subjects in particular? thanks!

Shen505
20th Dec 2018, 18:07
Hello everyone!

Just to ask some info about the Corporate qualification (anything like if and how to prepare, overall experience, difficulty, suggestions ecc will be super appreciated).

Thank you in advance and all the best! ;-)

inner
23rd Dec 2018, 14:30
Hi

2 questions: 1) anybody has an idea how the roster is looking like?? 2) Does the Eurowings crew do night stops as well? It would be a good outfit for me except the driving to Germany is a bit long. So night stops would be more than welcome.

tx and have a nice x mass!

dxd888
2nd Jan 2019, 11:29
Anyone going for BQ on the 11th Jan Hamburg?
Message me if so!
I am all alone!

thanks

a32officer
3rd Jan 2019, 16:48
Hi Aviators ,

I just passed my SIM Screening on the A320 - it went great I must admit. The assessment pilots tried everything to calm us down, even gave us some candy bars (want to have some candy :) just follow me to EW).
Initially I had to follow the Weser 2C (WSN2C) departure with coneventional navigation sources, followed by the LBV holding and the STD Approach out of LBV for ILS 15. Than STD missed approach followed by radar vectors for NDB 23.

Departure: Normal T/O - use your procedures and don`t overreact on the side stick.
ILS 15: Descent planning out of the hold + speed managment and early config is the key.
Holding: STD Holding briefing - nothing special expected
NDB 23: Very rough briefing from my side, they put me a bit under pressure in order to stay on time with the sim sessions - but it went well in limits
Landing: Very easy, they tell you when to IDLE the PWR and when to flare

Airbus: Very easy to fly - very good advice from my IP "Touch it like Dog-**** - Take it with two fingers" and only think in 2D - means don`t pitch and roll together, one after the other. I did my prep in a A320 fixed base Sim in EDDF/FRA at Happy Landings with an IP from Aegean. Can highly recommend them.

Next Steps: Heeeelpppp - I am not good in interviews. I am scheduled for the 18 of Jan in EDDH. Any hints, any infos?

Happy new yeat to all of you

MGO1204
4th Jan 2019, 10:56
Hi,

a32officer, thank you for the information about the screening!

Did you fly any airwork, e.g. steepturns, slowflight or climbing/descending turns?

Thank you once again.

jjohn
4th Jan 2019, 14:59
Is there anyone going to HAM on Jan 26? Personally I have been studying "ACE The Technical Pilot Interview" and have decided to invest 80 € on the Skytest iOS app.

Burger81
4th Jan 2019, 20:03
Is there anyone going to HAM on Jan 26? Personally I have been studying "ACE The Technical Pilot Interview" and have decided to invest 80 € on the Skytest iOS app.

How is the iOS app? Do you think this is good enough for getting realistic practice for the BQ, or would it be better on a PC/Laptop with joystick etc? I am also using the ACE book too.

Good luck.

jjohn
5th Jan 2019, 12:41
How is the iOS app? Do you think this is good enough for getting realistic practice for the BQ, or would it be better on a PC/Laptop with joystick etc? I am also using the ACE book too.

Good luck.

Thank you Burger81. Good luck to you too. I am working away from home and didn't think to bring my joystick, so the iOS app is my only option. I hope not to have wasted 80 euros.

Burger81
5th Jan 2019, 16:27
Thank you Burger81. Good luck to you too. I am working away from home and didn't think to bring my joystick, so the iOS app is my only option. I hope not to have wasted 80 euros.
Thanks.
Ah right ok. I am in similar position, but will be home for a few weeks before my assessment, so wondering whether to get the iOS meantime, or wait for the PC version. I would assume I have to pay twice if wanting to use different versions!? 🙄

pilotsaad
7th Jan 2019, 08:37
I have an appointment in 21 feb!Good luck anyway

jjohn
7th Jan 2019, 19:18
Thanks.
Ah right ok. I am in similar position, but will be home for a few weeks before my assessment, so wondering whether to get the iOS meantime, or wait for the PC version. I would assume I have to pay twice if wanting to use different versions!? 🙄

That 's correct. You have to pay twice to use different versions.

mai-fatto
8th Jan 2019, 10:36
Hello Guys !
Could any one help me about Atpl Question in Basic Qualification Test for Eurowings ?
Any one can give me a feedback about it ?
Also in PM.
Indeed ,thanks a lot !!

mas618
8th Jan 2019, 10:44
Hello Guys !
Could any one help me about Atpl Question in Basic Qualification Test for Eurowings ?
Any one can give me a feedback about it ?
Also in PM.
Indeed ,thanks a lot !!
As stated before you can expect random questions from all subjects. What I did was to get on atpl.online.com for a month and then just hit the banks to recap as much as possible.. No calculations or use of formulas on my sitting though. Goog luck.

R777B
28th Jan 2019, 13:22
ATPL question are pretty easy, no calculations needed. you will have few questions from different subjects. All in all I think about 40 questions on 30 minutes.

Ashamax
29th Jan 2019, 05:32
Has anyone been able to find out, what the pay is during training (Eurowings Europe VIE/PMI)?

​​​​​​From the job advert is states that one will get 1500 euros pr month during training to cover expenses, but further down it states:
"Candidates

that already have more than 500 hours of flight experience on an aircraft > 19,5t

or are stationed at an Austrian / Spanish location

receive an employment contract incl. compensation with the according Eurowings Group Airline at the start of training."

So does that mean that you get the normal salary + expends paid during training only expenses paid?

I can't pay my bills at home and live for 1500euro a month..?

All other candidates receive a training contract incl. monthly expense allowance of 1500 Euro gross.

Hi Mas!

If you are based in Germany, you will get a training pay during the TR, until you start actually flying (although I' not sure if the LIFUS is considered as part of the training or not). If you are based in VIE, you will have a contract from day 1 (they cannot make a trainee contract as in Germany), which means you will get a full salary including (I guess) 75 hours of flight duty even if you don't fly (the new contracts are great). So it would be something around 2800€/month net (income tax are deducted from your gross salary). If you are based in PMI, this is slightly different, but they will get new contracts soon that will be very similar with VIE. And there will be retroactivity, which means that even if you start with the old contracts, when the new one will be in force, you will get the difference.
Now, I have to say, Eurowings Europe is a good place to fly!

Cheers!

Max

mas618
29th Jan 2019, 07:02
Hi Mas!

If you are based in Germany, you will get a training pay during the TR, until you start actually flying (although I' not sure if the LIFUS is considered as part of the training or not). If you are based in VIE, you will have a contract from day 1 (they cannot make a trainee contract as in Germany), which means you will get a full salary including (I guess) 75 hours of flight duty even if you don't fly (the new contracts are great). So it would be something around 2800€/month net (income tax are deducted from your gross salary). If you are based in PMI, this is slightly different, but they will get new contracts soon that will be very similar with VIE. And there will be retroactivity, which means that even if you start with the old contracts, when the new one will be in force, you will get the difference.

Cheers!

Max
HI Max! Thank you very much for the info. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the CQ day - I have been put on wait list for upcoming dates, but havet heard anything.. Other people I know have been put on wailist for a job when CQ has been completed...

cavok_flyer
5th Feb 2019, 13:31
OK, check this:

I have MINIMAL IR hours on a mix of C172RGs, DA40/42s and have received an invitation for an interview on 11th March, with no commercial experience, and +50 years old. :ok:
The group session should be alright, but I am fairly certain I'll tank on the technical test. Washed out once in the RCAF on this point and I'll expect to mess up here, too. Nevertheless, I've got nothing to lose (have decent paying job as it is) and going to do my level-headed best. :} :E

Maybe things will change now that Germania has gone west...

AlainA
6th Feb 2019, 19:27
Hello everyone,
has someone else been waiting more than 2months for CQ invitation???
i have called them twice and been told that no dates are available....

Same for me....

cavok_flyer
7th Feb 2019, 11:12
Hello everyone,

Mine took close to 6 weeks before the first response that my application would move on to "Review". After that, it took 1 week untilI receiving the inviation for an assessment in Hamburg.

mas618
7th Feb 2019, 11:13
Hello everyone,
Did the sim on 7.th of December and haven't heard anything yet, despite being put on a wait list for any cancellations...

Diamondocean
10th Feb 2019, 22:46
Hi, my box shows full, unless I have no single message?....I don't get it...Can anybody explain? I have just registered here. Anyway, @Cavok_flyer: I think you replied, but I cannot read your answer.....

==================================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

cavok_flyer
11th Feb 2019, 11:08
Hi, my box shows full, unless I have no single message?....I don't get it...Can anybody explain? I have just registered here. Anyway, @Cavok_flyer: I think you replied, but I cannot read your answer.....

==================================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Got the same message when I tried to respond to you. I'm going for the 1st assessment.

TOLIP7
13th Feb 2019, 12:25
Hello guys,

My question is simple and it might look a little bit strange... What can I expect on a CQ? Is it an interview? Psico tests? CRM questions?
I'm not asking for any specific info, just what is a CQ?

I've been searching on the internet and I didn't find any clear answer.

Thanks!

appfo09
13th Feb 2019, 12:37
The term CQ stands for Corporate Qualification. Expect a personal interview with HR people probably also a technical Pilot and/or training Captain of the company. Although I never went through it myself at this stage they want to evaluate whether you are a good fit within the company organizational and cultural structure.

The reason why a lot of people are still waiting for an invitation onto the next stage is that currently there is a waiting list.

Hope that helps and good luck!

AlainA
13th Feb 2019, 13:14
Hello guys,

My question is simple and it might look a little bit strange... What can I expect on a CQ? Is it an interview? Psico tests? CRM questions?
I'm not asking for any specific info, just what is a CQ?

I've been searching on the internet and I didn't find any clear answer.

Thanks!
Hi,

I did the CQ for Anisec few weeks ago, it was a personal interview with 1 captain and 1 psy, then a group exercise by 3, and a final interview at te end of the day for a kind of debriefing and the last chance to ask something concerning the training process, etc...

TOLIP7
13th Feb 2019, 19:05
Thanks so much for the fast answers, guys!

colbeny
13th Feb 2019, 21:26
Hi Mas!

Cheers!

Max

Hey Max,

I can remember from an article about Eurowings last year that a Mobility package is available for those who are not residents in Vienna. This is a benefit from the new collective labour agreement accepted at the end of last year. Have you got any information about this?

Oh meanwhile I found the article:

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthansa-group/eurowings/breakthrough-in-eurowings-collective-labour-agreement-in-austria/

Cheers,

colbeny

mai-fatto
14th Feb 2019, 00:20
After the "Bankrupt" of Germany airline , I think is very difficult for new pilots to enter in Eurowings, even though they passed the selection process.I guess the market of pilots in Germany will be saturated for at least the next two years.

Rotate15
16th Feb 2019, 16:05
A few words about my experience:
I attended the BQ in Hamburg a few weeks ago.
I took my time and prepared using different types of tools prior to the assessment. Also the information provided over here was useful for me.
However after taking the tests I was told that I actually failed a number of sections and I can reapply after 24 months.
The approximate pass rate that day was 25%.
I have over 6000 hours flying experience including 3500 wide body jet. Actively flying for a well known carrier.
Well seems like I am not suitable to be a pilot after all :E
Good luck to everyone who is about to take the exams.

pilotsaad
25th Feb 2019, 11:18
HI guys!
Anyone who has BQ in 11 March in Hamburg?
Kinds

cavok_flyer
25th Feb 2019, 14:33
I'm going :ok:

pilotsaad
26th Feb 2019, 10:12
I'm going :ok:
HI!
That sounds good!
Do you have any preparations tips?
Kinds

Shen505
26th Feb 2019, 13:29
Hi! I recently passed the whole selection process with EW and i'm now in the waiting list for the TR, so if there is anybody out there in the same situation please feel free to get in contact, we can exchange info news ecc.. Cheers:)

fly low fly fast
1st Mar 2019, 14:28
HI guys!
Anyone who has BQ in 11 March in Hamburg?
Kinds
I too will be going, are you using any software to practice there assessment?

Geneblq
2nd Mar 2019, 11:00
Hello everyone;
I received an email from Eurowings Europe stating that they selected my profile but up to now all the "assessment" dates are full.. also said they'll call me in the future, to be patient and wait.
That was a month or so ago... anyone got a similar reponse from them?

cavok_flyer
2nd Mar 2019, 13:16
HI!
That sounds good!
Do you have any preparations tips?
Kinds

Reviewing ATPL OPs, Air Law, and Performance via Aviation Exam (did my ATPLs 5 years ago :ooh:) and bought the SkyTest module. SkyTest makes me feel so useless and dumb, I've pretty much given up on it. Downloaded the samples from the assessment web page and now feel better about my abilities/chances :ok:

PositiveGhostrider
6th Mar 2019, 11:01
Where can I find those samples from the assessment page? Or are those not open to the public?

cavok_flyer
7th Mar 2019, 08:58
You get a link in the confirmation email.

cavok_flyer
11th Mar 2019, 20:17
Ok, so I did the assessment today. Here are a few tips:

1. Basically no parking at Interpersonal. I stayed at Motel One which is a 10 minute walk to the assessment. Ask the hotel if you can leave your bags there so you can travel light.

2. DO NOT SHOW UP EARLY. I was there about 30 minutes early and there is no need. They open the doors about 10 minutes before the start time so have a bigger breakfast or sleep longer.

3. No need to bring food (unless your're a vegan) or water. Lots and lots of prepared snacks (ie. smoke salmon, soup, brie on a bun, chocolate bars, coffee, juice, water, etc).

4. Do not use Skytest for Interpersonal/EW . Waste of money and time. I bought it and regret forking out 80€ for it. The samples they provide in the acceptance email are enough. Over half of the tests in Skytest are not applicable to this selection process.

Everything is well organized and calm. They explain all the tests at least twice (Powerpoint presentation and again in the test). No surprises and you can ask questions. No real surprises in the test. Be comfortable with ATPL OPs, Air Law, and Performance, and a bit of Aerodynamics. Even if you have a copy of the question banks that are a few years old, no panic, they're fine. All the question are "basic" APTL and no stupid questions like how many lights in a CAT II approach and what is the spacing. Concentrate on operational type questions and don't worry about "dumb" EASA gotcha crap ie. how many crash axes in an a/c with 600+ seats.

Stay calm and you'll pass. About 50% of us passed today. :ok:

jjohn
12th Mar 2019, 08:40
Well done for your assessment Cavok_Flyer. However, I am sorry to disagree with you, but Skytest for Interpersonal was very useful for me. I don’t think I would have passed the assessment without it. The graphics are different for sure, but the type of tests were very similar and at least I knew what to expect. Good luck for the next step, mine is in three weeks’ time.

cavok_flyer
12th Mar 2019, 09:42
Well done for your assessment Cavok_Flyer. However, I am sorry to disagree with you, but Skytest for Interpersonal was very useful for me. I don’t think I would have passed the assessment without it. The graphics are different for sure, but the type of tests were very similar and at least I knew what to expect. Good luck for the next step, mine is in three weeks’ time.

To each his own. If you only do the example tests that Interpersonal uses and their equivalent in Skytest, then maybe it may help some people. It would have not made a difference with my results. Skytest is apparently more for the DLR than the Interpersonal application process. People who did the DLR first and then Interpersonal said that the DLR is more demanding.

Banana Joe
12th Mar 2019, 14:46
SkyTest have a CBT specific to the Interpersonal application process.

cavok_flyer
13th Mar 2019, 10:02
That is what I purchased, but, like, whatever. :ok:

Pinuz89
4th Apr 2019, 15:21
Hello guys,

I had a call yesterday from Eurowings, confirming the appointment for the first step: the Basic Qualification.

Today I heard a friend of mine, he's waiting for his step 3, so he passed the sim as well, but unfortunately I got the bad news that they are not doing TR till the end of 2019, because they are full.

Is that true ?

Antonio Montana
8th Apr 2019, 10:13
Morning Pinuz
Seeing it can take months for things to happen in this industry, I would not worry too much about a start date at the end of the year.
The first thing is to get the job offer. After that you can look at other options.
The company I was working for a few years ago went into liquidation, I secured a new job within 2 months, but did not start for another 3 months.
Things can and do take time. I would not look at any quick fix, especially Eaglejet, that works for some and not for others.
I would read what I wrote for you on another thread regarding DODAR etc and see if you can get some books on CRM, work on your personal skills.
Good luck

Pinuz89
8th Apr 2019, 10:37
Morning Pinuz
Seeing it can take months for things to happen in this industry, I would not worry too much about a start date at the end of the year.
The first thing is to get the job offer. After that you can look at other options.
The company I was working for a few years ago went into liquidation, I secured a new job within 2 months, but did not start for another 3 months.
Things can and do take time. I would not look at any quick fix, especially Eaglejet, that works for some and not for others.
I would read what I wrote for you on another thread regarding DODAR etc and see if you can get some books on CRM, work on your personal skills.
Good luck

I know, things are not quick in this environmnet.
Anyway I'm going there, and see what happen.

szefcu
11th Apr 2019, 10:30
Anybody here for Eurowings Qualification with Interpersonal in Hamburg on the 17th of May and wants to share room in Airport Hostel (5 min walk to the test center)? Feel free to contact me via e-mail: [email protected]

lacensilk
16th Apr 2019, 13:48
Hi guys,
applied a month ago, today got a mail that they will invite me for BQ as soon as they have appointments available. How long did you wait for that to happen?

Pinuz89
16th Apr 2019, 17:50
Hi guys,
applied a month ago, today got a mail that they will invite me for BQ as soon as they have appointments available. How long did you wait for that to happen?

I waited a month with no answers at all, then when I raised the phone they gave me one live !
I suggest to send an email to interpersonal, liaising with them for an appointment.

lacensilk
16th Apr 2019, 19:23
I waited a month with no answers at all, then when I raised the phone they gave me one live !
I suggest to send an email to interpersonal, liaising with them for an appointment.

Thanks man, did that, now waiting..just hoping it wont get too long cause im probably the most broke pilot on this planet

mdt13
17th Apr 2019, 07:22
Good morning everyone, a question for you guys, I am going to apply for Eurowings in a matter of days as I am waiting to get my licence.. On they website they specify they don't have DLR test, and yet I've been reading the comments on this thread and you all are speaking about tests which seems very similar to the DLR. So I was wondering if anyone can explain what are the stages of the selection process with Eurowings and what to expect from those stages, at least to have an idea. Thanks to everyone who will answer in first place and good luck with your selections!!

tomasm123
19th Apr 2019, 20:48
Hey guys,

I applied today. I speak spanish aswell as English ICAO 6. Do you guys think that is a plus? I have no airline experience. How probable is it that I will get called to some kind of interview?

Pyro87
20th Apr 2019, 21:49
I do not know whether some guys are interested in preparation classes. However, I attended one of those and passed my assessment easily. If anybody is looking for professional assessment preparation, I can highly recommend the guys from Airline Entry Training. They offer live online classes for the DLR and Interpersonal test which starts from 99€ per day. The website is in German. I was able to translate everything with google. The classes are offered in English as well.

Cheers

cavok_flyer
21st Apr 2019, 05:16
Once you get an appointment for the GU (German for General Untersuchung -> General Examination(s), since you have a licence, you then refered to as Ready-Entry) they send you all the information in an email with links to various files. If you download all the files, somewhere in there one called EW Berwerbungsprozess. This details the steps that you can look forward to :} . Everything is explained to you beforehand so really no need to stress right now. I still do not recommend getting Skytest, but if it makes you feel better, get it and kill some time between applying for other airlines.

appfo09
21st Apr 2019, 15:21
Hi cavok_flyer

Is the test now called GU again? Did it not remained the same after they changed it to BQ Interpersonal from DLR?

Please update!

cavok_flyer
21st Apr 2019, 16:20
sorry, my bad. EW call it BQ. What‘s in a name...

lacensilk
6th May 2019, 17:15
anyone in Hamburg on May 17th for BQ?

seven3
8th May 2019, 13:38
anyone in Hamburg on May 17th for BQ?
See below
Anybody here for Eurowings Qualification with Interpersonal in Hamburg on the 17th of May and wants to share room in Airport Hostel (5 min walk to the test center)? Feel free to contact me via e-mail: [email protected]

​​​​​​​I am there on the 16th.

lacensilk
8th May 2019, 16:59
See below

I am there on the 16th.

​​​​​​​When are you leaving? Maybe we can meet for coffee to share experiences?

IFLYyouBREATH
8th May 2019, 18:01
There are about 14 tests,
English, ATPL, mental calculation x2, maths, attention, concentration, multi tasking, logic, memory x2,... Personality....

At the end, you are individually received in a room, and they give the positive or negative feedback, they debrief with you about your results.
I would assume that the pass rate is 80% for all candidates and 90% are german speaking.
​​

Next step is Simulator and another day Corporate Qualification

lacensilk
8th May 2019, 18:03
English, ATPL, mental calculation x2, maths, attention, concentration, multi tasking, logic, memory x2,... Personality....

At the end, you are individually received in a room, and they give the positive or negative feedback, they debrief with you about your results.
I would assume that the pass rate is 80% for all candidates and 90% are german speaking.
​​

You mean that simulator is the same day as BQ?

IFLYyouBREATH
8th May 2019, 18:07
You mean that simulator is the same day as BQ?

Nop, 2 weeks after

lacensilk
8th May 2019, 18:10
Nop, 2 weeks after

Lots of money needed...I just hope that if I pass I will get first payment relatively soon, but probably it is not going to be that way. Is it fixed twoweeks? Also in Hamburg?

IFLYyouBREATH
8th May 2019, 21:22
Lots of money needed...I just hope that if I pass I will get first payment relatively soon, but probably it is not going to be that way. Is it fixed twoweeks? Also in Hamburg?

It's not fixed two weeks.

You can ask for stand by tickets on Eurowings routes for the Corporate qualification if I am not mistaken

IFLYyouBREATH
8th May 2019, 21:24
Hey guys,

I applied today. I speak spanish aswell as English ICAO 6. Do you guys think that is a plus? I have no airline experience. How probable is it that I will get called to some kind of interview?

Where did you do your training?

OkayOkay
10th May 2019, 18:11
Hi guys,

​​​​​​Currently revising for the BQ. In terms of Atpl questions I'm going over Air law, ops, pof, perf, met and IFR/VFR comms.

Can anyone suggest if this will be sufficient or whether I should also be reviewing other subjects such as Aircraft general knowledge and gen/radio nav?

​​​​Any advice Or PMs will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

==========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

hiandrew
13th May 2019, 13:49

​​

can you give more information?
thanks

alb92
14th May 2019, 13:34
Anyone know what the current estimated waiting time is from completing CQ to actually starting?

Have another job offer (but inferior job), which will be a one year contract, and wondering if I should go through with it. If it is a 6+ month wait, then I think I'd go with the other job.

On a related note, have Eurowings been willing to go with a later start date, or is it a situation where you lose the job offer if you cannot start on the date they give you?

TSGR
14th May 2019, 14:38
I sent You a message on mentioned e-mail.

regards TSGR

Daddy Fantastic
14th May 2019, 19:25
Is Euro wings still doing 3 separate interviews including that silly psychometric nonsense that could have just been done online instead of travelling all the way to Hamburg?

Surely they could easily combine everything into a 2 day session that is back to back and make like easier for all involved!

todisflying
14th May 2019, 22:54
Guys! do you know how many pilots are they looking for? Is the BQ as difficult as everybody says?

levell
15th May 2019, 08:39
Hi TSGR, could you send me some info about as well? Thx!

hiandrew
15th May 2019, 12:31
Hi TSGR, can you help me as well?

larmentano
18th May 2019, 19:59
I'm going to Hamburg on 03.june for BQ. I'm worried about the atpl knowledge since I passed my exams several years ago. Where can I find examples of the questions? The samples of the assessment are just 4 different questions only! Thanks.

Reviewing ATPL OPs, Air Law, and Performance via Aviation Exam (did my ATPLs 5 years ago :ooh:) and bought the SkyTest module. SkyTest makes me feel so useless and dumb, I've pretty much given up on it. Downloaded the samples from the assessment web page and now feel better about my abilities/chances :ok:

Pinuz89
19th May 2019, 09:16
Hello everybody,

Here are my experiences about CQ and what happened that day..

First you are called into the interview room individually.. there are 3-5 assessors and you are asked to tell about yourself personally, your life, what have you done, your future plans, why EW, why Germany... etc etc etc..... So basically and unfortunately you wont find answers regarding CQ on this platform because they can ask you whatever they want about everything they want. My advises are that you are honest with yourself and you don't try to lie because they are really good to find out if you trying to cheat them.... If they finds conflicts they will push you into the limits until they solve you...

Than you have personality questions,, if I remember right more than 350+ of them, and you do all on computer alone. If you remember from BQ doing personality test, there is exactly the same one as you did previously and hopefully you havent cheated. It was quite long, took me 1.5h to do, because there were instructions to read also.

Than you do group exercise You are divided into the groups of 3-5 and you are given a task. You have i guess 10-20 depending and you need to solve the problem in that given amount of time. So stay calm even assessors are sitting opposite of you, and don*t try too hard or be too shy. Believe me time goes so quickly and you won*t even realize when they say TIME OVER... Unfortunately i cant tell you the mission given but believe me it is easy and it is not the case if you find solution or not. They want to see how you behave in a group.

And finally you are again once invited to the room individually and asked if you have any questions or if want to say something about the day or give a feedback about interpersonal.... BTW say no negative things about interpersonal even you would like to .... hehehe..

Than that is all ready... than you head out of interpersonal to leave...

Be relaxed and you will do it.. i am still waiting the results but i have no idea what to expect... i hope it will be positive.. Because you can*t really understand from their faces how they evaluate you or are they mad or happy with your answers.... As i said before all guys had different questions and their questions are depending on your answers. So you won*t find exact questions nowhere..

Good luck to you all.....

Thank you very much for the infos.
May I ask how long did it take between the 3 phases ?
From the BQ to the sim, and from the sim to the CQ ?

Thank you

Pinuz89
19th May 2019, 09:22
for me it took 4months...

Ok, and in particular between each phase ?
Sorry for asking
Thank you

Pinuz89
31st May 2019, 10:37
Which stage is the most "skimming" in terms of difficulty ?
Do you think could it happen to fail the CQ, after having gone there 3 times ?

Banana Joe
31st May 2019, 10:58
Yes, if you don't have the attitude.

Hogos
10th Jun 2019, 20:19
Guys, I would like to share my happiness with you, because I passed the sim assessment !
The infos in this thread helped me a lot.
I hope to get the CQ invitation soon, but I heard that things are quite slow in Hamburg.
Maybe I had a bit of luck having been called for the sim just a week after the BQ, or maybe they are speeding up in this period.
I read that they have a solid FO demand, hopefully.

AFrotary
11th Jun 2019, 18:44
Guys, I would like to share my happiness with you, because I passed the sim assessment !
The infos in this thread helped me a lot.
I hope to get the CQ invitation soon, but I heard that things are quite slow in Hamburg.
Maybe I had a bit of luck having been called for the sim just a week after the BQ, or maybe they are speeding up in this period.
I read that they have a solid FO demand, hopefully.

I've passed the selection last november and still waiting for a available position.
They also tend to change the job requirements even after you've passed the selection.

Pinuz89
11th Jun 2019, 23:42
I've passed the selection last november and still waiting for a available position.
They also tend to change the job requirements even after you've passed the selection.

Really ?
That doesn't sound promising.
So are you meaning that it could exist the possibility not to get the job, even after passing their selection ?
Sounds a bit odd.
I know a guy waiting for the TR there, apparently he's going in on January, (having passed the CQ in May).

AFrotary
12th Jun 2019, 17:04
Really ?
That doesn't sound promising.
So are you meaning that it could exist the possibility not to get the job, even after passing their selection ?
Sounds a bit odd.
I know a guy waiting for the TR there, apparently he's going in on January, (having passed the CQ in May).

The only thing I heard since november is that they currently don't have training dates available (I have contacted them every month).
So, no there's no guaranteed job offer after passing the selection (eventhough interpersonal says there is).

eiffel
12th Jun 2019, 17:38
I'd suggest you have a look at the "Anisec - Level" thread on the same section, few posts below this one….
Interpersonnal is in the business of "running selections". They would not exist otherwise. No need to say more.

Hogos
12th Jun 2019, 18:10
I'd suggest you have a look at the "Anisec - Level" thread on the same section, few posts below this one….
Interpersonnal is in the business for running selections. They would not exist otherwise. No need to say more.

A question that arises is: why are they calling so many people, if there's no such demand ?
Organizing all these processes request the work to many employees, including the snaks available :-) .
So are they working for free ?
What's the point of doing that if airlines don't care about it ?

sekmeth
12th Jun 2019, 21:41
Interpersonnal is in the business of "running selections". They would not exist otherwise. No need to say more.
altough not false, its Eurowings that has to pay Interpersonal for every selection run.
the fact that EW keeps running these selections is that they are planning on hiring everybody passing the selection. Sure, things can change fast, but for now I can speak for at least Germanwings. We are very very under-crowded and need at least 60 more FOs. The training department just cant educate faster at the moment.
With this info: i think (nut sure) that the same applies to the bigger Eurowings.
To add: the one thing changed for people passing the selections, is the German Requirement (From none, to B1, to B2, and back to B1 I believe)

OscarJulier
13th Jun 2019, 07:20
Hey,
I’ve been on waiting list since February. We have emails each time there is any improvement on the list. Basically, as said above, they are actively hiring for Germanwings, but with a B1 Level in German.
For non-German speakers as myself, the list is quite long, because we can only work for Eurowings Europe, which means only few bases available. For German speakers, it appears to be very quick. We even had an offer with cash bonus if able to pass B1 level certificate and then work for Germanwings.

Shen505
13th Jun 2019, 10:57
Anyone out there in the type rating course starting on the 1st of July in CGN? Looking for some suggestions for a place to stay/share there :)

All the best!

levell
13th Jun 2019, 15:46
Ahh guys, you could just imagine how this whole slow issue with recruiting is shaping my and my family's life. Waiting for TR from November after successful passing of CQ, and answers from EW are still the same - "Unfortunately we are not able to make a firm statement .... If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask."

I do confirm the B1 requirement for German bases only.

Wish all of us fast progress.

lacensilk
30th Jun 2019, 12:55
Hi guys,
anyone there for sim on July 8th?
What can we expect on sim? I heard there are no malfunctions, only sid, star, some work like steep turns, ils and holding, is it true?

Pinuz89
30th Jun 2019, 16:09
I would like to recommend FTO Nord, it's a small training facility where they have the same identical sim used in the assessment.
They are great, especially for preparing for interpersonal assessments.

rp001
3rd Jul 2019, 22:23
Hello
I have one question. I have read the entire 31 pages but I still do not get quite the answer weather to by skytest IPBQ or not.
I have test on 23.7 and I am also interested, can anyone give me some feedback ist thet eonugs time to learn or it should be better for me to contact interpersonal and try to move the datum to later period.

Regards
R

Hogos
4th Jul 2019, 09:49
Hello
I have one question. I have read the entire 31 pages but I still do not get quite the answer weather to by skytest IPBQ or not.
I have test on 23.7 and I am also interested, can anyone give me some feedback ist thet eonugs time to learn or it should be better for me to contact interpersonal and try to move the datum to later period.

Regards
R

Personally I didn't buy it, and I passed. I have just revised some math and mental arithmetic through the web, and some memory games.
But this is very subjective, it could have worked for me and not for many others.
I bought skytest for the DLR, it's a nice software, very useful, but DLR is very different and much harder !
Of course you'll have better chances if you have the will to buy it, and also if it's not a problem to spend 80€, but in my opinion the BQ is doable even without it.

lacensilk
4th Jul 2019, 15:43
Hello

Regards
R

I bought skytest around four days prior to the BQ and it helped me. I knew what I could expect, that meant a lot for me altough skytest is harder than the actual test. I was told I had some results way above average so I guess it is good.

J.K.93
7th Jul 2019, 19:46
Hi everyone,
there is plenty of information about Skytest vs BQ, ATPL Theory, SIM etc... but no info about the English test concerned the BQ.

Please, could anyone possibly help? Is the English part of the BQ based on the grammar in terms of terrible things such as exceptions, conditionals, articles etc.., or what is it mainly based on? How deep (I know it is individual and subjective) should the preparation for this let´s name it the English part of the BQ be? Or is it mainly in terms of ICAO/VFR/IFR English?

Thank you very much.
Have a nice time! :)

rp001
7th Jul 2019, 22:21
How many questions is there on a particular subject? Math, ATPL, 3d, qube, english words ...
I know it will take all day. Is there an interview at the end? How do you know weather did you pass or not?

Hogos
8th Jul 2019, 13:30
How many questions is there on a particular subject? Math, ATPL, 3d, qube, english words ...
I know it will take all day. Is there an interview at the end? How do you know weather did you pass or not?

Math, if I remember 15 questions in 25 min, ATPL 60 questins in 45 min, and English put its focus on verb conjugation, synonyms, and "idioms".
The first two parts were pretty easy, if you know the basic of english, the last one is quite tricky, because it's similar to learn the "slang", in other words ways to say something using completely different sentence.

Eg. What am I saying with this sentence : "A dime a dozen" ? if you are not a native speaker, probably it's quite hard to translate.

rp001
10th Jul 2019, 20:49
Is there allowed to have paper and pencil to write when doing the calculations?

GomuGomuPilot
11th Jul 2019, 13:44
Hey guys, So I read the threat from they change to Interpersonal test style, From the look of it English seems hard and the ATPL for me since it's been while since I've done ATPL. Wondering where you guys were practicing or everyone just use skytest prep.
I got an appointment with them on 21/08/2019 about 10min ago so still waiting on their conformation email. I think I have plenty of time to prepare. I also read people who passed have long time to start the type rating so wonder if there is any improvement on that.
Thanks,

pdyy
11th Jul 2019, 14:18
altough not false, its Eurowings that has to pay Interpersonal for every selection run.
the fact that EW keeps running these selections is that they are planning on hiring everybody passing the selection. Sure, things can change fast, but for now I can speak for at least Germanwings. We are very very under-crowded and need at least 60 more FOs. The training department just cant educate faster at the moment.
With this info: i think (nut sure) that the same applies to the bigger Eurowings.
To add: the one thing changed for people passing the selections, is the German Requirement (From none, to B1, to B2, and back to B1 I believe)
Is there any information on how long the current wait is for german speakers? When I had my interview with eurowings it sounded a lot like they didnt differentiate between german and non-german speakers.
They way I undestood it, they only have one "list" which you are put on. Whenever someone needs new FOs they just take the ones from the top of the list.
I may have interpreted that wrong tho.

thebdct
11th Jul 2019, 14:50
May I ask you which kind of math questions they ask? Are you allowed to use calculator or is it mental math?

Thanks!

cavok_flyer
11th Jul 2019, 14:52
Mental math, no paper. Some easy addition and subtraction, but also squaring and square roots, too. Check one of my previous posts for a link to a mental math practice web page.

sekmeth
12th Jul 2019, 07:52
Is there any information on how long the current wait is for german speakers? When I had my interview with eurowings it sounded a lot like they didnt differentiate between german and non-german speakers.
They way I undestood it, they only have one "list" which you are put on. Whenever someone needs new FOs they just take the ones from the top of the list.
I may have interpreted that wrong tho.
i tried to reply to your PM, but you cant accept any.

One year ago, you had the opportunity to be put on a waiting list for all bases, or for 1 base in particular. You need to speak at least conversational German to receive a start date. I believe you need to pay for the German course but im not 100% sure about that.

pdyy
12th Jul 2019, 08:52
i tried to reply to your PM, but you cant accept any.

One year ago, you had the opportunity to be put on a waiting list for all bases, or for 1 base in particular. You need to speak at least conversational German to receive a start date. I believe you need to pay for the German course but im not 100% sure about that.
PM was full for some reason.
Anyway, the german wouldn't be a problem for me, as I am german. Do you by any chance have a rough figure of how long the wait is for german speakers?

========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Hogos
12th Jul 2019, 15:41
How is the situation for non-German speaker actually ?
reading this thread nothing before December / January, I heard some mates of mine and the info looks reliable, does anybody have some further news ?

BoeingLudo737
12th Jul 2019, 15:45
I think if you speak German you have a big advantage

RomanK
12th Jul 2019, 17:43
The situation for non-German speaker in EW Europe is absolutely fine.
It is a different story for EW Germany, candidates should speak German at a level (may be B1 but not sure at all) but EW Germany is off-topic here

Pinuz89
13th Jul 2019, 10:22
The situation for non-German speaker in EW Europe is absolutely fine.
It is a different story for EW Germany, candidates should speak German at a level (may be B1 but not sure at all) but EW Germany is off-topic here

Ok, good to know. Shouldn't be better for German speaker, due to the majority of hubs in german ?
I think we can only obtain PMI from eurowings europe, so wothout much choice.

Pinuz89
13th Jul 2019, 10:30
I was asking this because I imagine it should be easier to spread pilots around the 8 german bases, compared to a single hub in PMI and 2 in Austria.

RC_92
14th Jul 2019, 15:00
Mental math, no paper. Some easy addition and subtraction, but also squaring and square roots, too. Check one of my previous posts for a link to a mental math practice web page.

Thanks Cavok. Would you advise brushing up on any other areas of math? I.e. did trigonometry / rules of three come up?

I'm also not sure how much physics to learn. Skytest (which I know you feel is overkill) seems to have a lot of areas in the physics section that wasn't mentioned on the EFA site (waves, maths, optics, magnetism, electricity, mechanics). There have been a few posts where people talk about their success at BQ, and they don't talk about physics at all.

Could anyone offer any guidance here? which areas of physics do we need to learn? Will we be asked to do complex calculations as well - i.e. use Bernoulli's Equation or Ideal Gas equations for the fluid and thermo dynamic sections? Or is it sufficient just to know the principles?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
RC

cavok_flyer
16th Jul 2019, 08:58
Thanks Cavok. Would you advise brushing up on any other areas of math? I.e. did trigonometry / rules of three come up?

Be fit with addition, subtraction of 4 digit numbers, squaring/power of three and roots of 3 digit numbers, percentages, fractions, and multpilying 3 digit numbers. The numbers flash on the screen and you have to remember them as well as the operation (+,-, *, / etc). It starts with easy with 2 digit numbers with multiple operations, and ends with more complicated numbers/actions. Also, there is a time limit to deal with:oh: Please note that I am currently doing a DLR prep and my memory may not be 100%. As I have previously posted, be fit with the example tests they provide. Some links that help(ed) me: Practice mental arithmetic (http://windhoff.net/mental_arithmetic/#Multiplication) http://burningmath.********.com/2013/09/extracting-square-roots-mentally-at.html (http://burningmath.********.com/2013/09/extracting-square-roots-mentally-at.html)

ALS1
19th Jul 2019, 13:13
Be fit with addition, subtraction of 4 digit numbers, squaring/power of three and roots of 3 digit numbers, percentages, fractions, and multpilying 3 digit numbers. The numbers flash on the screen and you have to remember them as well as the operation (+,-, *, / etc). It starts with easy with 2 digit numbers with multiple operations, and ends with more complicated numbers/actions. Also, there is a time limit to deal with:oh: Please note that I am currently doing a DLR prep and my memory may not be 100%. As I have previously posted, be fit with the example tests they provide.
Thanks Cavok_flyer

What about the Aviation Proficiency Test ? Is it tricky? About which subjects are they asking for? where should we start going over?

BTW, anyone is taking the test the 5th of August?

cavok_flyer
21st Jul 2019, 08:49
I did the direct entry exams and I don't think there were any questions like that. Or there were and they were so easy, I already forgot them. Or if you mean the joystick, push button test, it was actually kind of fun, video-game-like.

rp001
1st Aug 2019, 19:59
I was on the tests last week. And I can say if you use skytest for exercise you are on a good way to pass. Some test are the same. I has some problems with ATPL part and Mathematics, but the rest was ok. At the end they told you if you have passed or not, and they also told you where were you ok and where not. They told me that at Math and the part with weights were a little bit bad but everything else was ok. It is not important to be the best at everything, it is important to be ok at all parts. I learned ATPL from Aviationexam, from 5% of base questions that are opened if you have not payed.
There is enough time for everything, expect for my Mathematics :)
I am looking forward for the next part.
The only problem is that you have to come to Hamburg more often. The best way would be to have everything in three days.

Best of luck to all who have to go through the first part.

OldDreamer
1st Aug 2019, 20:39
I did the BQ last week, all I can tell is. You need to buy Skytest, I didn't and I failed miserably. Tbf I think even if I had bought I would still have failed, the test is extremely difficult, specially the mental maths part. From the 20ish people who did the test with me about 4 passed. I am still recovering from the shock. It feels like they want astronauts rather than pilots. Don't get me wrong, I think they are right in filtering as much as they can as the surplus of pilot is huge now.

ALS1
2nd Aug 2019, 14:20
rp001;

Which ATPL subjects where they asking more questions? which should I revise?

rp001
4th Aug 2019, 19:39
There were 60 questions, approx 5 from each field. I know there were questions from Air Law, performance, principles of flight, systems, meteo, navigation.
Some questions:
Balanced take off, what is v1, when is rwy contaminated, what happens with v1 when rwy is flooded, how is fuel measured when filling the tanks, where does the CP move if you increase AofA, climbing with constant TAS, CAS..., from what FL is the possibility if icing in CB, correct position report in IFR, what is 7700, compass error...

The time is a bit tricky because it seems 45min is enough but if you will be nervous like me it can get a little hot at the end :)

Best of luck!

rp001;

Which ATPL subjects where they asking more questions? which should I revise?

Hogos
6th Aug 2019, 14:59
I would like to share my sad experience in EW selection:

First of all i didn't get it, unfortunately, and the most frustrating thing is that I passed every step except the last one: the CQ.
Guys, this is the toughest conversation I really had in my life. They are doing non-sense questions (of course, there might be a reason if they ask those), and despite you are going there enthisastic and prepared to talk about yourself, etc. , they try to push you hard in only talking about negative things about your life or yourself.
For example: you why did you take longer for taking your degree (that is absolutely not a requirement), why did you quit this job , are you really sure to become a pilot, etc.
Maybe they are going to test your resilience, and see how you react.
Anyway the interview was too much focused in depth about my background (they might not have like it), and nothing concerning aviation related questions.
Apparently this is the toughest phase despite the BQ and the Sim.
I wish you best luck

rp001
8th Aug 2019, 12:33
How is the simulator.
What do you need to know? Are they strict at screening?
Is there any way to get ready for it?

I would like to share my sad experience in EW selection:

First of all i didn't get it, unfortunately, and the most frustrating thing is that I passed every step except the last one: the CQ.
Guys, this is the toughest conversation I really had in my life. They are doing non-sense questions (of course, there might be a reason if they ask those), and despite you are going there enthisastic and prepared to talk about yourself, etc. , they try to push you hard in only talking about negative things about your life or yourself.
For example: you why did you take longer for taking your degree (that is absolutely not a requirement), why did you quit this job , are you really sure to become a pilot, etc.
Maybe they are going to test your resilience, and see how you react.
Anyway the interview was too much focused in depth about my background (they might not have like it), and nothing concerning aviation related questions.
Apparently this is the toughest phase despite the BQ and the Sim.
I wish you best luck

B77WPilot
9th Aug 2019, 09:56
Anyone going on 13th August for the BQ?

Grav
9th Aug 2019, 12:46
How about the Physics questions in the BQ? Are they difficult? How many of them can we expect in the test?

Pinuz89
10th Aug 2019, 11:03
How about the Physics questions in the BQ? Are they difficult? How many of them can we expect in the test?

There are no physics questions in the BQ, you might mean math problems, maybe.

rp001
10th Aug 2019, 19:39
There were 25 math questions and 20min of time to answer them

There are no physics questions in the BQ, you might mean math problems, maybe.

RC_92
11th Aug 2019, 15:50
Hey OD,

Sorry to hear you didn't get through this time - plenty of other schemes and more chances to try again for this one :). Check out the 2020 Air Lingus one too - one of the only funded ones out there!

Mental math is the bit I'm most worried about too, please could you give me a heads up on the following:
- Is it addition / subtraction / multiplication / division, or are there other operations they give you?
- How big are the numbers, 3 or 4 digit?
- How many stages / screens for each calculation?

Anything on the other maths? I'm still worried about doing trig without a calculator!

Thanks,
Bram

Grav
11th Aug 2019, 16:33
Thank you, i was worried because in the skytest software there are also some physics questions. Just wanted to be sure

Babaero
11th Aug 2019, 19:45
Hi folks,

Are the whole example tests on EAQC.aero website exhaustive? Or are there any other tests to consider using SkyTest?
Regarding the Mathematic problems (not the mental Maths part), is there any draft paper distribution?

Thanks

Pinuz89
12th Aug 2019, 21:09
Hi folks,

Are the whole example tests on EAQC.aero website exhaustive? Or are there any other tests to consider using SkyTest?
Regarding the Mathematic problems (not the mental Maths part), is there any draft paper distribution?

Thanks
The examples available in eaqc are literally nothing !
Maybe the easiest questions of the test.

James Ken McIntosh
13th Aug 2019, 15:32
They still recruiting?

Hogos
13th Aug 2019, 19:26
They still recruiting?

Apparently yes, but I don't know how many pilots they still need, due to the very low pass rate.

Rocket61
13th Aug 2019, 20:48
If you look at the figures, it is true that Eurowings is loosing quite a lot of money and isn't much profitable for the Lufthansa group. it is even said that a social plan to try to rebuild the airline in a more profitable, cost effective way could be in store, leaving the long haul sector, etc... They already have a pretty big pool of pilots. If you don't speak German, you will only be eligible for 3 bases, which takes quite a time because they need a big turnover to be able to get you a seat soon. I have a few mates who passed the assessment last January and are still waiting for a start date. They have received a e-mail recently saying that they unfortunately have no long-term sight on the possible dates for type rating, and that with the current economic situation for the airline they are at that time unable to tell if a possible TR could take place beginning of 2020 or not...

thisishomebrand
14th Aug 2019, 09:53
I wonder how direct entry interacts with those they have join through EFA. I.e. is there any kind of preferential treatment for cadets.

RC_92
20th Aug 2019, 17:19
Hi RP001,

Can you just confirm you're talking about the Eurowings ATPL BQ? From the EFA website, the training materials they provide, and reviews from Pilottenboard, there is no mention of needing to revise ATPL subjects. If there are questions that come up on this in the Eurowings ATPL BQ, please can you let me know which areas you think I should revise?

Many thanks,
Bram
R

There were 60 questions, approx 5 from each field. I know there were questions from Air Law, performance, principles of flight, systems, meteo, navigation.
Some questions:
Balanced take off, what is v1, when is rwy contaminated, what happens with v1 when rwy is flooded, how is fuel measured when filling the tanks, where does the CP move if you increase AofA, climbing with constant TAS, CAS..., from what FL is the possibility if icing in CB, correct position report in IFR, what is 7700, compass error...

The time is a bit tricky because it seems 45min is enough but if you will be nervous like me it can get a little hot at the end :)

Best of luck!

thisishomebrand
22nd Aug 2019, 15:12
Hi RP001,

Can you just confirm you're talking about the Eurowings ATPL BQ?From the EFA website, the training materials they provide, and reviews from Pilottenboard, there is no mention of needing to revise ATPL subjects. If there are questions that come up on this in the Eurowings ATPL BQ, please can you let me know which areas you think I should revise?

Many thanks,
Bram
R

I believe this thread is mostly focussed on the tests required for those who are applying direct entry FO rather than the EFA ATPL program. There are no ATPL questions as part of the ATPL BQ

GomuGomuPilot
29th Aug 2019, 10:26
Hey guys I've been to the Eurowing BQ test recently unfortunately I didn't pass all the tests so can't move to the next stage.
Here is what I found out. I used skytest it was helpful, It had similar test but some of the test were easier and few of them were harder than the sky test and of course I failed on the one I though were hard.
I would recommend you to practice these tests mainly if you decide to buy the skytest.
Memory:
-Character Combination test
-Number block test
-Code memory test
-Perception test
-Shapes Test
-Visual Memory Test
Orientation: (It's harder than the sky test such as the cube will be rotating and you need to know how they would look like when they unfold)
-3D Shapes
-Cube Comparison Test
-Cube Folding test
-Stack Test
Psycho-motorics:
-Multi Tasking with Instruments
(Can practice others if you like but the test is very similar to this)
Reasoning:
-practice all of them except symbol addition
Maths:
- Math Word Problems
-Mental Arithmetic
-Number series
English:
-It's written two questions about a picture min 50 words.
There is an ATPL questions 60 of them.

I think there were 13 tests in total I didn't do ell in 3 of them one of them because of bad time management 30Q in 15 mins(Didn't keep an eye on the time and didn't get to do all 30 and half of them I had to select randomly), other one is my wittering skills are pretty bad and the last one was the Orientation was hard for me also while I am trying to figure things out the time was keep on ticking.

Lastly remember the login details, but they can also reset it for you if you don't remember them. DO the trial exam which the link will be included in the Invitation email. (but they send you the easy Qs)
There were 25 people I think like three of them passed before my name was called in, I think I was called in like the 16th person or so.
If you only fail you can re do them.
You get the option to get the results to your email if you want. It finishes around 4:30pm

Good luck guys hope this long post help someone :)

rasenjie
3rd Sep 2019, 10:17
Hey guys I've been to the Eurowing BQ test recently unfortunately I didn't pass all the tests so can't move to the next stage.
Here is what I found out. I used skytest it was helpful, It had similar test but some of the test were easier and few of them were harder than the sky test and of course I failed on the one I though were hard.
I would recommend you to practice these tests mainly if you decide to buy the skytest.
Memory:
-Character Combination test
-Number block test
-Code memory test
-Perception test
-Shapes Test
-Visual Memory Test
Orientation: (It's harder than the sky test such as the cube will be rotating and you need to know how they would look like when they unfold)
-3D Shapes
-Cube Comparison Test
-Cube Folding test
-Stack Test
Psycho-motorics:
-Multi Tasking with Instruments
(Can practice others if you like but the test is very similar to this)
Reasoning:
-practice all of them except symbol addition
Maths:
- Math Word Problems
-Mental Arithmetic
-Number series
English:
-It's written two questions about a picture min 50 words.
There is an ATPL questions 60 of them.

I think there were 13 tests in total I didn't do ell in 3 of them one of them because of bad time management 30Q in 15 mins(Didn't keep an eye on the time and didn't get to do all 30 and half of them I had to select randomly), other one is my wittering skills are pretty bad and the last one was the Orientation was hard for me also while I am trying to figure things out the time was keep on ticking.

Lastly remember the login details, but they can also reset it for you if you don't remember them. DO the trial exam which the link will be included in the Invitation email. (but they send you the easy Qs)
There were 25 people I think like three of them passed before my name was called in, I think I was called in like the 16th person or so.
If you only fail you can re do them.
You get the option to get the results to your email if you want. It finishes around 4:30pm

Good luck guys hope this long post help someone :)

Hello mate,

Thank you so much for all the information. It's really precious.
Did you have any test of Tech. comprehension or Physics? Do you know if they change the tests randomly, or they are the same for everyone? How were the ATPL questions?

GomuGomuPilot
3rd Sep 2019, 21:08
Hello mate,

Thank you so much for all the information. It's really precious.
Did you have any test of Tech. comprehension or Physics? Do you know if they change the tests randomly, or they are the same for everyone? How were the ATPL questions?

Well ATPL weren't hard but I was worried about them 60 questions, mixed subjects such as Performance, Aerodynamics, Air Law, OPs, Nav. I might be missing one or two subjects but make sure you focus on these I think there were qustions about IR comms too.
when its come to Physics, Tech, Comperhension you don't need to worry they don't test them. They recently changed the English test to written exam so I wouldn't be surprised if they change them. Far as I know we all had similar tests and same qustions. I wouldn't say they were all same, so I might be wrong.

mdt13
19th Sep 2019, 11:08
Hey guys is Eurowings still hiring? The only message I get from their website when I'm looking for open positions for cockpit it: "No jobs could be found for your search criteria!" anyone knows anything?

Serk10
19th Sep 2019, 11:10
Hey guys is Eurowings still hiring? The only message I get from their website when I'm looking for open positions for cockpit it: "No jobs could be found for your search criteria!" anyone knows anything?

They are not hiring anymore this year

Hogos
19th Sep 2019, 11:54

I don't think so, from the website the withdrawn their application page.
From my experience I reached the CQ, but they took only 1 guy out of 6, and the most experienced. So it doesn't sound like the need pilots.
But who knows, maybe the could reopen soon

Oliver Goransson
23rd Sep 2019, 13:14
I don't think so, from the website the withdrawn their application page.
From my experience I reached the CQ, but they took only 1 guy out of 6, and the most experienced. So it doesn't sound like the need pilots.
But who knows, maybe the could reopen soon

That's not good news.. Btw, I got an invatiation to the CQ today, so there is actually something happening within EW.
Do you have any advice regarding the CQ?

sekmeth
24th Sep 2019, 08:38
That's not good news.. Btw, I got an invatiation to the CQ today, so there is actually something happening within EW.

i dont want to be a jerk, but also in the times EW needed a lot of pilots, only 1 or 2 in 6 passed the CQ. You pass the mark or you dont, has nothing to do with the amount of people needed

Hogos
24th Sep 2019, 08:49

I tried to send a PM, your box is full

pdyy
24th Sep 2019, 09:27
I am lucky enough to already have passed the assessments.
Unfortunately I just received an e-mail stating that they will not be providing any Type-Rating courses until further notice. It sounds a lot like you are advised to go look for something else if you can.
No word about how long they are planning on stopping TR's.

thisishomebrand
24th Sep 2019, 13:24
I am lucky enough to already have passed the assessments.
Unfortunately I just received an e-mail stating that they will not be providing any Type-Rating courses until further notice. It sounds a lot like you are advised to go look for something else if you can.
No word about how long they are planning on stopping TR's.

There was a post in the EFA thread on here that EW told a whole class that they should look for another job as EW didn’t need their services, so looks like they don’t need any additional pilots at the moment. Sounds like a tough market.

Oliver Goransson
25th Sep 2019, 19:27
I tried to send a PM, your box is full
Ye for some reason it is.. Strange, I have an empty inbox... Can you please send it to my email instead? [email protected]

Pinuz89
25th Sep 2019, 21:27
[QUOTE=Oliver Goransson;10579484]Ye for some reason it is.. Strange, I have an empty inbox... Can you please send it to my email instead? [email protected]

ok

Hogos
26th Sep 2019, 08:27
Ye for some reason it is.. Strange, I have an empty inbox... Can you please send it to my email instead? [email protected]

Have you tried to delete the message in the "sent" box also ?

Hawker400
26th Sep 2019, 08:49
Have you tried to delete the message in the "sent" box also ?

I think the board doesn't allow direct messages for new users until they establish a posting history.
​​​​​​

ansarias
27th Sep 2019, 12:30
There was a post in the EFA thread on here that EW told a whole class that they should look for another job as EW didn’t need their services, so looks like they don’t need any additional pilots at the moment. Sounds like a tough market.

How does this work if you've gone for the deferred payment option?

thisishomebrand
28th Sep 2019, 08:46
How does this work if you've gone for the deferred payment option?

I don’t know the full details, but from a look at the website they say

“Should you not receive a position within five years after your graduation, other arrangements for repaying the fee can be made in agreement with the European Flight Academy”

I assume that means some kind of regular payment rather than a lump sum but you never know.

vp89
3rd Oct 2019, 19:22
Eurowings, Lufthansa’s direct services brand, is also among the airlines in deep trouble, hemorrhaging money and at risk of failure but propped up by its deep-pocketed parent company. Eurowings has launched a restructuring process and is now one of the few players that has stopped growing altogether. Lufthansa has taken over commercial responsibility for the long-haul operation that is still Eurowings-branded for now. Its viability remains questionable. (Aviation Week & Space Technology)

GomuGomuPilot
24th Nov 2019, 09:01
Any further news from their recruitment or the people who passed got any news about type rating?
I got invited for an sim assessment as they made a mistake on my BQ assessment and they invited for the sim. Let me know if you guys know anything about their current need for pilots. Thank you.

rp001
24th Nov 2019, 10:57
Any further news from their recruitment or the people who passed got any news about type rating?
I got invited for an sim assessment as they made a mistake on my BQ assessment and they invited for the sim. Let me know if you guys know anything about their current need for pilots. Thank you.

Nothing new... I passed the sim, but no invitation for further interview....I am starting to loose hope....

paul_v1
24th Nov 2019, 13:13

The reason you cant get private msgs is stated bellow yours : Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Pinuz89
24th Nov 2019, 17:31
Nothing new... I passed the sim, but no invitation for further interview....I am starting to loose hope....

call them up, when i raised the phone, they gave me an appointment straight after.

rp001
24th Nov 2019, 18:08
call them up, when i raised the phone, they gave me an appointment straight after.

When did you call them?
What was on the interview? Was it hard?

pilot_a
25th Nov 2019, 08:04

I passed the CQ in October, sent them an email and they responded that they don’t have any need for pilots and they’re not planning on recruiting in 2020.

Pinuz89
25th Nov 2019, 09:07
When did you call them?
What was on the interview? Was it hard?

I called them every time i needed an appointment, for each step, and i got a date straight after the call.

The interview is not hard itself, but it's hard to get in, very low pass rate.
I don't want to scare you, but be prepared, have a plan B.
I'm my case they took only 1 experienced guy, out of 6, and other friends of mine confirmed this percentage.

So go there, but don't focus only on this.
​​​

Hawker400
25th Nov 2019, 09:23
I'm my case they took only 1 experienced guy, out of 6, and other friends of mine confirmed this percentage.

So go there, but don't focus only on this.
​​​
I heard of a similar rate 2 other times as well. One I know personally.
Key takeaway: don't focus only on this

RomanK
25th Nov 2019, 09:28
I got some info from someone flying for E2: the pass rate in 2019 was as low as 3 (three) percent for NTR FO and now, with LH Group screwing E2 up due to financial losses, do not expect any great improvement on this.

Pinuz89
25th Nov 2019, 09:33
I got some info from someone flying for E2: the pass rate in 2019 was as low as 3 (three) percent for NTR FO and now, with LH Group screwing E2 up due to financial losses, do not expect any great improvement on this.

For this reason they actually closed the selections, probably they are still calling people who have been invited previously, but i think chances are quite low.

levell
25th Nov 2019, 17:38
Hey guys, I don't want to destroy your plans and dreams, but I completed whole selection exactly year ago and "still waiting" ... obviously, I have another job and maybe in future if EW would come up with an extraordinary offer, I would consider it... but so far big disappointment.

F3LD
29th Nov 2019, 18:38
Due to restructuring EW has put a hiring freeze in place. Outlook for the next 6months is that they wont need any more pilots and they don't know what will happen beyond.
One thing was certain that they will prioritize EFA Students (LH Group Flightschool) over Ready Entries/People in the holding pool.

Hogos
29th Nov 2019, 18:59
For my personal experiences and from what i heard from other guys (which I know personally, not users in the forum), interpersonal has been the biggest waste of time in my life.
I’ve been there for 5 times, (separately, so 10 nights, 10 planes, etc.), sometimes very expensive, for literally nothing !
I reached the CQ for EW, and it was my dream, as I was so happy to have reached the final stage, ok, probably my interview wasn’t great, but I realized from the first second that they were not interested in us (us and not just me).
Finally I went there for WDL, again passing the BQ, the sim assessment (in August), and now I’m still waiting to be called for the CQ, and I’m not even sure if it’s gonna happen...

Interpersonal is absolutely useless.

pilot_a
2nd Dec 2019, 09:36
For my personal experiences and from what i heard from other guys (which I know personally, not users in the forum), interpersonal has been the biggest waste of time in my life.
I’ve been there for 5 times, (separately, so 10 nights, 10 planes, etc.), sometimes very expensive, for literally nothing !
I reached the CQ for EW, and it was my dream, as I was so happy to have reached the final stage, ok, probably my interview wasn’t great, but I realized from the first second that they were not interested in us (us and not just me).
Finally I went there for WDL, again passing the BQ, the sim assessment (in August), and now I’m still waiting to be called for the CQ, and I’m not even sure if it’s gonna happen...

Interpersonal is absolutely useless.

I’ve been there 6 times this year, passing the CQ for both Anisec & Eurowings. I thought the process was nice and all, but I think both companies overestimated their need for pilots...

vp89
2nd Dec 2019, 17:01
Well, the problem with Interpersonal is that they are just an agency. That's it. They get money from an airline for screening you, not for you passing the screening. Having in mind that candidate's attendance to the screening costs nothing to them, they just keep inviting everyone to increase their turnover. Very simple business. But it looks very profitable as well.

Good luck!

Hogos
2nd Dec 2019, 17:08
Well, the problem with Interpersonal is that they are just an agency. That's it. They get money from an airline for screening you, not for you passing the screening. Having in mind that candidate's attendance to the screening costs nothing to them, they just keep inviting everyone to increase their turnover. Very simple business. But it looks very profitable as well.

Good luck!

Yes, I agree, but I can’t see the purpose of undergoing this amount of screenings, without the need by the airlines.
It would be a huge cost for the airlines without taking an appreciable profit from it.

Maxim Popovici
13th Feb 2020, 07:55
Did anyone receive an email with some more details or just the one where they tell You when are the screening dates (23.05. and 28.05.) It would be useful to know what to expect and what to prepare.
hi i have the basic qualification on the 6th of march. how does your test look like? do you have any tips? did you pass it?

Hogos
13th Feb 2020, 22:55
hi i have the basic qualification on the 6th of march. how does your test look like? do you have any tips? did you pass it?
Well, you have 35 pages regarding this topic.

rp001
14th Feb 2020, 06:59

It is the same as Skytest.
Buy that online and you will pass!
60 ATPL questions were from every topic approx.
I expected to be harder.

antoniomg
14th Feb 2020, 09:12
When and where did you apply? Was it on career.aero?
Thanks

Maxim Popovici
17th Feb 2020, 07:41
Yes, you have to sing up on Career.aero and follow the instructions. It is pretty easy. After that you have to choose an appointmennt.

Maxim Popovici
17th Feb 2020, 08:19
Thank you for you answer but, could you explain me better please what do you mean with ATPL question, because I received the invitation email and still nothing regard atpl theory question. By my point of you, how can you pretend I know atpl theory, by the time I'm applying to study it?! Awesome.

antoniomg
17th Feb 2020, 09:21
Yes, you have to sing up on Career.aero and follow the instructions. It is pretty easy. After that you have to choose an appointmennt.
Is the job offer still available? I can't find it anywhere...

Maxim Popovici
17th Feb 2020, 11:44
You should sign in to EFA, after that career.cockpit, and then career.aero. Yeah it sounds hard, but it is more simple. Firstly you should sign in to EFA and fullfill the application form. After that you have to wait 2-3 days and they will send you an email with the next steps. Job offer is not needed I think, I didn't do it. You are applying for academic program not for a job, so is not needed.

antoniomg
17th Feb 2020, 19:16
Thank you for your detailed explanation, but I already have my ATPL license... I think you you are referring to the cadet scheme, and I was looking for the Direct Entry Pilot application page.

Maxim Popovici
18th Feb 2020, 05:47
Ah, now I understood. Ok, sorry. In this case I don't know how to help you. Good luck.

blacktip
3rd Feb 2022, 19:02
Hi everyone!!
I have the BQ inteview at the end of the month, does anyone has attended it recently? My primarily concern is about the ATPL test. Where do you suggest to practice and refresh a bit ? i've bought the "latestpilotjobs" package for EW but doesn't seems that good. Any suggestions? Do you know how many questions will the test be? big thanks!

pilotpepi
4th Feb 2022, 08:10
If i was you, i would have a look into skytest interpersonal prep software.

Are you type rated? Whats your TT?

blacktip
5th Feb 2022, 15:51
I do have Skytest too but those tests are less imporant than the atpl quiz since if you get less than a certain % you fail the whole interview. Any idea where to get best database for reasonable price?
I'm rated with more than 500 on type

BSairways
14th May 2022, 07:39
blacktip How did you find the BQ? and how did you prep for the ATPL questions? any tips you can pass on? thx

CaptainSea
14th May 2022, 09:52
I do have Skytest too but those tests are less imporant than the atpl quiz since if you get less than a certain % you fail the whole interview. Any idea where to get best database for reasonable price?
I'm rated with more than 500 on type

Hello , I have the same doubts.I’m type rated. I received an email from EW to do the screening and interview , do you know how can I prepare myself for this screening and where I can find a good question bank to not fail the exams ? Some moment can explain to me how is the process in EW?
thanks

Kefo
2nd Jun 2022, 13:40
Hello!

Anyone know if the ATPL test för BQ is open questions or a,b,c,d question like in avexam?

AdeCarimentrant
2nd Jun 2022, 14:02
Hello , I have the same doubts.I’m type rated. I received an email from EW to do the screening and interview , do you know how can I prepare myself for this screening and where I can find a good question bank to not fail the exams ? Some moment can explain to me how is the process in EW?
thanks
CaptainSea, just have a look to your Area on the website. On the left column there is a link named "my downloads". Then you will find a link called "simulator-screening handout FO with TR".... I think you will get all explanations you need.
Gook luck !

Dukaster
4th Jun 2022, 11:37
Despite all the ads of EW all around the web, the company doesn't look for many pilots.
Very very low success rate (2% for my 3-sessions).
The computer based tests are classics.
The sim is extremely selective, assessing your manual flying skills
The interviews are just a mystery, no feedback, just a generic email.

It's clearly disrepectful from such a large company to ask the applicants to pay 3 times flight tickets + hotels (+ put days off) and then no debriefing, just a generic email.
If the company needs pilots, the success rate wouldn't be a few %.

Hogos
5th Jun 2022, 09:51
Despite all the ads of EW all around the web, the company doesn't look for many pilots.
Very very low success rate (2% for my 3-sessions).
The computer based tests are classics.
The sim is extremely selective, assessing your manual flying skills
The interviews are just a mystery, no feedback, just a generic email.

It's clearly disrepectful from such a large company to ask the applicants to pay 3 times flight tickets + hotels (+ put days off) and then no debriefing, just a generic email.
If the company needs pilots, the success rate wouldn't be a few %.

I totally agree with you Dukaster !
I understand to pay for the tickets and hotel, I did many many time for almost all the other companies, but to go 3 times, in different periods, and probably also in different cities (the sim is in Vienna sometime, than hamburg again), it's out of any conception !

the simulator is bordering on the ridiculous, as you are basically on a single pilot operation. There is no monitoring at all, the assessor behaves like a dummy, just putting some data on the MCDU or FCU. All raw data from departure to landing (and this is pretty much ok, it's an assessment), but the problem is that they ask you to perform the approach briefing, whilst performing a single engine hold, all manual, raw data, calculting the entry, the gate (like a cessna), trimming the rudder, speaking and reading the chart at the same time !
This is madness, and it's also against the Airbus philosophy !

It's clearly stated on the FCTM under "golden rules for pilots" to use all the system available, including automation and flight guidance, the CRM and delegate task to work as a team in order to reduce the workload.
Here everything was made for unnecessarily increase the workload for a nonsense exercise.
If I'm able to perform a landing whilst standing up on one leg, and holding a tea cup with a finger, it does not mean that I'm a good pilot, maybe I could be a good juggler.

The assessor at the end told me that I was not "ahead of the airplane" because i haven't done proper planning ahead.
Which sort of planning is expected when you discover your route when entering the sim, and you are supposed to do everything raw data, when actually the holding requires all your concentration because you must be on the commands ?
In all my previous OPCs/LPCs, to plan an approach, I've always been giving control to the other pilot, and focusing of the chart / MCDU /etc. , How can this be possible is you are busy doing a manual, raw data holding (and maybe in single engine) ?

that's insane !
I hope the best for all the candidates, and if you have a chance rent a simulator before going !

AviatorBoy_95
5th Jun 2022, 11:05
Thanks @Hogos and @Dukaster for the feedback. Are you NTR or TR?

dimsp81
5th Jun 2022, 19:32
A "common" candidate must pass all these three stages while a graduate from lufthansa training academy can move to eurowings with only one interview. That is what a graduate who is working now for eurowings told me.

Denti
5th Jun 2022, 21:46
A "common" candidate must pass all these three stages while a graduate from lufthansa training academy can move to eurowings with only one interview. That is what a graduate who is working now for eurowings told me.

That sounds quite likely, after all those graduates had to pass the tests before they could enter the academy and the company has the full training record on top of it. That said, in the past all pilots coming from other companies with an audited operational safety record like back then air berlin could join with just an interview as well. Unknown new candidates have to be assessed, that is not just common standard but also a legal requirement.

dimsp81
6th Jun 2022, 10:39
That sounds quite likely, after all those graduates had to pass the tests before they could enter the academy and the company has the full training record on top of it. That said, in the past all pilots coming from other companies with an audited operational safety record like back then air berlin could join with just an interview as well. Unknown new candidates have to be assessed, that is not just common standard but also a legal requirement.

How can you be so sure that they passed all these strict tests? Because I am not.

Wertytg
29th Jul 2022, 17:12
Hello everyone,
I couple of weeks agoa I've seen a post talking about the screening process at Eurowings, he was talking about the DLR test and the resemblance with some of the skytest exercies,however I can't find that post, does anyone knows the link or the skytest simil.

Thank you so much,

xanderagb
31st Jul 2022, 20:10
Hi everyone!
Do you know if Eurowings is still inviting cadet level pilots for assessments?

Thanks for info,

AMK1
7th Aug 2022, 16:17
Hi everyone!
I would really appreciate it if anyone can help and give us feedback about the CQ.
our concerns are - Is the interview only HR questions and personality questions? or would they also ask technical questions like ATPL questions and last aircraft flown and such?
what about the group interview is it something to prepare for? what can we expect during the group interview?
please provide us with a detailed answer so that everyone can stop asking about it and get as much help as possible.
thanks in advance and wish all of you good luck.

KLipsch
20th Aug 2022, 09:44
Hi everyone! Could you please share any tips/information with regards to the simulator part done on FNPT (PA-34) in Hamburg? Non-type-rated cadet level. EG which airports/sids/approaches they tend to choose. Many thanks!

sekmeth
20th Aug 2022, 15:43
Hi everyone! Could you please share any tips/information with regards to the simulator part done on FNPT (PA-34) in Hamburg? Non-type-rated cadet level. EG which airports/sids/approaches they tend to choose. Many thanks!

Any major German airport the assessor feels like.
Expect an NDB approach where you overfly the beacon halfway. Dont forget to monitor all the gauges because they dont expect you to troubleshoot the failure, but you must acknowledge it.

geopilot
26th Aug 2022, 14:11
Hey guys,

For the CQ - they do 45+ min long individual interviews. Impossible to prepare really. But they will ask you questions mainly about your professional career and different situations. No technical questions, since they both accept type rated and non-type rated people. Also no ATPL questions. They will also ask follow-up questions after your answers, so each interview is different and unique. But you can think about a few situations beforehand - like when did you solve a conflict, what would colleagues say about you, what are your weaknesses, when was the last time somebody criticized you and so on. After the interviews there is a group exercise. They have a few different options for that, but again - you can't really prepare for those either. 20 mins in total to read about the exercise, talk about it and come to a solution and afterwards present it. Nobody knows what they look for here exactly, but I guess team-work and communication skills. So talk, don't forget to be open to others' suggestions and be sure that you all agree with the solution.

Good luck everyone!

GunnaurMaujsman
30th Aug 2022, 11:22
Hey guys,

For the CQ - they do 45+ min long individual interviews. Impossible to prepare really. But they will ask you questions mainly about your professional career and different situations. No technical questions, since they both accept type rated and non-type rated people. Also no ATPL questions. They will also ask follow-up questions after your answers, so each interview is different and unique. But you can think about a few situations beforehand - like when did you solve a conflict, what would colleagues say about you, what are your weaknesses, when was the last time somebody criticized you and so on. After the interviews there is a group exercise. They have a few different options for that, but again - you can't really prepare for those either. 20 mins in total to read about the exercise, talk about it and come to a solution and afterwards present it. Nobody knows what they look for here exactly, but I guess team-work and communication skills. So talk, don't forget to be open to others' suggestions and be sure that you all agree with the solution.

Good luck everyone!

Hi, did you apply as non-type rated cadet?

I also heard from someone doing the CQ in 2019 that they ask both technical questions and ATPL questions. But is all of that removed?

Thanks for the feedback btw!

geopilot
1st Sep 2022, 08:17
Hi, did you apply as non-type rated cadet?

I also heard from someone doing the CQ in 2019 that they ask both technical questions and ATPL questions. But is all of that removed?

Thanks for the feedback btw!

No problem at all!

I am type-rated and the only ''technical'' question I got during the interview was about how I calculated extra fuel in my previous company. Questions were mostly about me as a person and various situations from my professional life.

CEVA21
5th Sep 2022, 07:23
Hi guys!
EW send me and email yesterday for the BQ.
Which is the best app or web to prepare it??
Thank you!!

John54
7th Sep 2022, 05:00
Hi guys!
EW send me and email yesterday for the BQ.
Which is the best app or web to prepare it??
Thank you!!

when did you first apply?

CEVA21
8th Sep 2022, 09:41
when did you first apply?

Hi,
My first apply was in september 2021... They are taking easy. The last communication, before the message to take an appointment was in April.

pilot freak
14th Sep 2022, 13:03
Guys, are they still inviting cadets?

RG0828
15th Sep 2022, 16:31
When did you apply? I applied last week.

GunnaurMaujsman
16th Sep 2022, 12:57
Hi,

If anyone has some more information or feedback of the interview that would be greatly appreciated!

pilot freak
22nd Sep 2022, 20:22
When did you apply? I applied last week.

May this year but it is still showing application in progress.

ribeira21
28th Sep 2022, 15:49
Hi everyone, cadet here. Made my apliccation almost one month ago with an available date for november. I've updated it to an earlier date on 25th of September and today I got an invitation to the BQ test.

I've seen that SkyTest is useful for preparing the maths and the psychometric parts.

Any reference to a page or app to prepare ATPL questions for this assessment? Thank yoy

Lvbri
28th Sep 2022, 21:24
Hi everyone, cadet here. Made my apliccation almost one month ago with an available date for november. I've updated it to an earlier date on 25th of September and today I got an invitation to the BQ test.

I've seen that SkyTest is useful for preparing the maths and the psychometric parts.

Any reference to a page or app to prepare ATPL questions for this assessment? Thank yoy
Great, when are you going to have the assessment? I mean how much time do you have in order to be prepared? I was researching and Skytest seems to work fine for the DLR test. You might try it for free pilotest.com/en
Good luck.

kawembe
28th Sep 2022, 22:03
You applied one month ago and already got an invitation? How tf does their application-reviewing system work when people sometimes wait for half a year?
I found Skytest to be very useful, it was almost 100 % the same stuff. Best of luck! Also may I ask where you're from? Seems like they prefer Swedes for their Stockholm Base and stuff like that. If that's not the reason you got invited I have no idea how their system works.

ribeira21
28th Sep 2022, 22:47
You applied one month ago and already got an invitation? How tf does their application-reviewing system work when people sometimes wait for half a year?
I found Skytest to be very useful, it was almost 100 % the same stuff. Best of luck! Also may I ask where you're from? Seems like they prefer Swedes for their Stockholm Base and stuff like that. If that's not the reason you got invited I have no idea how their system works.

I don’t know but when I changed my “availability” for the offer, they didn’t spent so much time to contact me. I’m from Spain. Thank you, I will give feedback of the BQ. They offered me 3 possible appointments and I’ve chosen 25th of October.

By the way, anyone knows the amount a cadet would have to pay for the TR with the 2 year bond?

Flying_seed
29th Sep 2022, 06:22

I am still waiting, applied more than year ago. I think that they prefer people living close to their bases as you said. I don't believe they will invite me.
I wish you all luck and be strong:)

geopilot
29th Sep 2022, 10:23
Guys, are they still inviting cadets?

If by cadets you mean not type-rated, then yes. I know someone who passed without being type rated and without any previous airline experience.

Pablo_Aviator
3rd Oct 2022, 07:30
I don’t know but when I changed my “availability” for the offer, they didn’t spent so much time to contact me. I’m from Spain. Thank you, I will give feedback of the BQ. They offered me 3 possible appointments and I’ve chosen 25th of October.

By the way, anyone knows the amount a cadet would have to pay for the TR with the 2 year bond?
I've sent you a PM :-)

Amarob
3rd Oct 2022, 16:59
Guys,
I received the email that they started calling the Non type rated candidates, th 12 of May.
I Know that in the email is written to wait, but already 5 months passed and still no news from them, do you knwo if they are still calling?

Pablo_Aviator
4th Oct 2022, 05:07
Guys,
I received the email that they started calling the Non type rated candidates, th 12 of May.
I Know that in the email is written to wait, but already 5 months passed and still no news from them, do you knwo if they are still calling?

Yep, insist or call them or something because as far as I know, they are calling now spanish candidates NTR for the first step of the selection process.

audrey11
13th Oct 2022, 11:22

What do you mean by changing the availability?
I applied in August and I recently heard from them about the university access paper. I sent my university degree so I don't understand why the ask for this paper (which indeed is written in spanish... :rolleyes:)

good luck for your assessment on the 25th

kelle19
20th Oct 2022, 07:43
Does anybody have information on duty plans/ roster/ salaries for the offered bases PMI/ ARN/ PRG for FO's?
The provided details on "career.aero" are quite good in comparison to other job-advertisements, but it would be interesting and helpful
how many hours you fly per month/ how many hours FDP per month and what the salary is at the end of the month and how the roster is.

Lvbri
21st Oct 2022, 07:52
Hi Deni, How are you?
I read in the forum that you will have two interviews, congratulations!! Might I ask you about your profile? I applied for wizz, Eurowings and I didn't get any reply. How long did you wait since you sumit your application until they contacted you?
Thank you. Good luck!!!

StefPilot973
21st Oct 2022, 17:01
Hi,
same situation got the please wait mail in May and still waiting. I guess one day you will forget and they will call you back😂

Flemrik
22nd Oct 2022, 15:53
In all honesty I'm a bit surprised that they still invite people to do the BQ?

I passed the CQ about a month ago and have not received any information about the starting date, I asked them few days ago when am I expected to receive further information and i got a reply in the lines of : "we understand that you're eager to start but youre in a waiting list and we cant offer you any position for next course, and you might have to wait for a long time"

Since it's my first ever pilot-job I've no idea how long this might take, I'm currently preparing for other assessments.

ajq.86
25th Oct 2022, 19:40
What is the pass rate on the DLR test?

mindaugenius
26th Oct 2022, 12:53
1 in 7

flyingXray
25th Nov 2022, 12:13
Hello guys,
Few days in a row i received mails from Eurowings to update some more documents, including to fill the consent and data release EW selection procedure. ( F/O non type rated palma de mallorca or Prague).

I feel like they will call me for the first steps of the selections, maybe you guys are in the same situation.

If you have some useful link to know more about the company or someone who made a feedback of assessments i would like to know more about it.
i'll keep you update

Flying_seed
27th Nov 2022, 09:24
Hello guys,
Few days in a row i received mails from Eurowings to update some more documents, including to fill the consent and data release EW selection procedure. ( F/O non type rated palma de mallorca or Prague).

I feel like they will call me for the first steps of the selections, maybe you guys are in the same situation.

If you have some useful link to know more about the company or someone who made a feedback of assessments i would like to know more about it.
i'll keep you update

I wish you the best but I received same emails half year ago and still nothing.
If you dig a little bit in this topic and forum you will find a feedback from the past candidates. :)
All best! :)

XMV6
30th Nov 2022, 06:19
The first step at the Eurowings assessment is the SKY TEST BQ (By the way im transfering/selling mine for half the price--> if interested on it contact me ). It consists exactly as it is noted on the email they send you for practical purposes.

The address is in Hamburg at "interpersonal gmbh" building. Accommodation for this part of the assessment is not covered by Eurowings so I highly recommend Hotel Denbu which includes breakfast and it is 3 mins away the exam room.

Once you reach the point for the exam, you will be told to wait patiently until it is time to start. A friendly skinny guy just came from the inside to the hall and started noting the passports. Pens are offered for signing a couple of documents and for the first part of the assessment.

You then will be informed about how use of the phones are not permitted, and the smart watches neither. There are places where you can leave trolleys, and personal stuff securely.

Once you are told to take a seat, you log in with your careers.aero username and they will give you a password for the whole classroom. Each person has a very old Toshiba laptop i3 with an ubuntu OS, and many of them run so so slowly. One mistake is that they remove from the countdown around 10/15 seconds meanwhile the computer is loading the tests.

Tests are, as told lines before, exactly as the same as they offered for practical purposes on their email. We started with ATPL theory, English, maths with paper, math problems, and stuff and after the break we started with the multi tasking (offered a couple of super basic headphones) and mental maths and figures (super hard mode).

I can remember we started with ATPL Theory (60 questions in 40 mins), English (a bit hard some of them and I owe officially an ICAO 5 and a c1 by Cambridge university ) and the order of the tests I have them all mixed. The last thing to do was the multitasking. Knowing the shapes from pieces was super super hard, and the twisted figures too. Mental maths was super fast and not that difficult as in Skywest. The objects and numbers for memory was way too easy, or at least more than in Sky test.

For the multitasking you will be told a call sign: DELTA PAPA 010 and the callsigns you will hear are going to be DELTA PAPA 100, PAPA DELTA 010, DELTA PAPA 001, ETC along the whole exercise which is almost imposible to get right all of them as you're focused on filling the tanks and moving the mouse. These tanks are way easier than in Sky test where you only have to choose one key for refilling each one tank. And again one key for the red light. They start yellow and after a few seconds turn red. Letters used for this exercise are the first row of the keyboard Q W E R T Z U I (From the German keyboard) If you deviate the mouse too much from the track you will be deducted points from your total score.

As a personal opinion I will say it wasn't that hard if I would have been a bit more prepared. Of course, as you will know, from 20 people we were in the very first moment, only 4 were passed to the sim phase and once the sim phase is successful they will have the personal interview.

Finishing the tests, the guy gave us a paper for noting our names to be called for the results. Then you go into a room, sited in front of that guy and a girl in a very long table, and you're asked how you see your performance. I knew of course how my performance was, and I failed in the maths for sure and the theory. As the other 15 people (engineers included).

So, I would like to warn anybody who is called for the assessment of Eurowings, if you don't prepare for the maths and the theory you won't pass so just make you a favour and save up some money and time and go well prepared. If you fail, the waiting time for a new assessment is 2 years.

I hope this info can be useful for somebody
Reverse, can you write me in PM about Sky Test? Your inbox if full, I can not send any sms for you.

pilot freak
30th Nov 2022, 09:54
Thank you Reverse21 for your detailed feedback. Much appreciated! Can you tell us a bit more about the ATPL questions?

prince_monaco
30th Nov 2022, 19:03
Thank you reverse21!!

A300_600
4th Dec 2022, 17:39
Hey reverse21, trank you for your personal report. Concerning the english test, did you get computer based exercises only? A german collegue told me that in former days of the EW/Interpersonal BQ they also had to do a text translation on paper. Is that still the case?

flyTheBigFatLady
9th Dec 2022, 09:13
Hey reverse21, trank you for your personal report. Concerning the english test, did you get computer based exercises only? A german collegue told me that in former days of the EW/Interpersonal BQ they also had to do a text translation on paper. Is that still the case?

only computer
but
they use some very exotic vocabulary and German sayings or phrases translated into English or vice versa
so if you don’t now those German sayings it’s going to be pretty hard

i know some English native speakers who failed English

NotSoAnonymous
16th Dec 2022, 18:01
What do you mean by changing the availability?
I applied in August and I recently heard from them about the university access paper. I sent my university degree so I don't understand why the ask for this paper (which indeed is written in spanish... :rolleyes:)

good luck for your assessment on the 25th

I just got an email from them asking for this University Entrance Qualification (EU Level 4), although I sent them a certificate in english proving that I have a Master's Degree which is EU Level 7, so I was as well very confused. Ended up sending my high school diploma in my countrie's language and hoping they will accept it.

AndrewLincoln
19th Dec 2022, 16:53
Hey

I applied in April 30th, and still no news from Eurowings.
Can someone tell me if there is something to do in the application to be taken into account maybe?

Thanks

passionaero
21st Dec 2022, 13:33
Hi
same here, my application has been accepted in june 2022 , no news from now

Amarob
7th Jan 2023, 15:48
Hi, who have an Sky Test account for Eurowings BQ test? Ready to share in price, preparation for January BQ in Hamburg.

Thanks a lot
how long ago did you receive the email that they were starting calling non rated people?

XMV6
7th Jan 2023, 16:03
2 weeks ago.

sekmeth
8th Jan 2023, 12:56
Eurowings Europe has a new CLA.
Starting salary for a FO is 3500, but as 70 blockhrs are confirmed you get 3990 bruto.

At 100 duty hours you get 4410.

During the winter hours I would expect max of 70 dutyhours, in summer around 140/150. 140 hours is 5285 euro‘s before tax.
Furthermore you get a paid month off during the winter. 3 options are availabe:
- 1 month off
- 2 months 50% off
- 4 months 25% off

still not a good contract but it‘s less worse