PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

SouthernSky
24th Feb 2024, 22:53
I know there is a lot of hate for the JQ NZ contract on this thread, can anyone elaborate on this more apart from the obvious $20K difference in starting salary as a Yr 1 FO? also besides the currency difference and the huge difference between company contributions for each countries applicable retirement schemes.

ShandywithSugar
24th Feb 2024, 23:10
No base owns any flying is the group mantra

ZebraFlyer
25th Feb 2024, 00:30
have you heard of jbid right?

Perth will have great flying when you can actually get it but it will be a horrible base.

I hate to say it, but by far the best base in the network is Adelaide.

ADL best flying for sure. It’ll become all too hard to keep the west coasters current on all the east coast bull**** though I reckon. Should be best within a few months.

cLeArIcE
25th Feb 2024, 02:55
ADL best flying for sure. It’ll become all too hard to keep the west coasters current on all the east coast bull**** though I reckon. Should be best within a few months.
Not sure whether they'll make Perth as cushy as it used to be. Can see Perth crew operating to Melbourne to do Bali the next day or Cairns Bali and Melbourne crew doing a Perth then a Phuket and back or something. We all know it won't make sense.

Ollie Onion
25th Feb 2024, 03:50
Yep, the assumption it will be cushy is a big one. With the Optimiser at play you could see some pretty interesting rosters.

Winginitt
8th Mar 2024, 10:35
Has anyone completed their TR with L3harris recently? Is the systems instructed via zoom or at your own will via ETHOS CBT, to be completed prior to sims. TIA

roundhouse
8th Mar 2024, 18:18
Soooo. There’s going to be DEC….

framer
8th Mar 2024, 21:10
What do the year four F/O’s think about that?

das Uber Soldat
8th Mar 2024, 21:39
What do the year four F/O’s think about that?
If you've been an fo ​for 4 years, you well and truly meet the minimum om1 requirements for command. So you probably wouldn't care.

GA Driver
8th Mar 2024, 21:53
Not sure whether they'll make Perth as cushy as it used to be. Can see Perth crew operating to Melbourne to do Bali the next day or Cairns Bali and Melbourne crew doing a Perth then a Phuket and back or something. We all know it won't make sense.

It’s harder to do that than it used to be with the FRMS acclimatization rules. Yes it’s possible, but crew would need to spend a lot of time off in hotels to be legal especially for east/west patterns like those mentioned above. They can do it, but they don’t have enough crew as it to do it continually. If they do make it permanent, I see a lot of WDO’s continuing.

Winginitt
8th Mar 2024, 22:16
Soooo. There’s going to be DEC….

any more info? Will they reduce the cyclic requirement to allow FOs to upgrade faster as well?

Gear in transit
8th Mar 2024, 22:38
They’ve made it pretty clear it’s a last resort. Multiple FSO’s with unfilled commands in SYD. Not sure if there’s been talk with the union to open it to the MOU, but probably not giving the groups recruitment problems.

Big Silver Spoon
8th Mar 2024, 22:44
They’ve made it pretty clear it’s a last resort. Multiple FSO’s with unfilled commands in SYD. Not sure if there’s been talk with the union to open it to the MOU, but probably not giving the groups recruitment problems.

The MOU will not attract a single QF pilot. Every single one pre 2004 could have a 737 command, They won’t be going to JQ.

if JQ wants QF pilots, QF needs to offer LWOP and fixed term DECs. They may get some who tick the box and want some 320 experience before the 321s arrive.

cLeArIcE
8th Mar 2024, 22:55
Yes it's all the FOs fault they don't want Sydney commands. It's not the extreme cost of living in Sydney they won't be properly compensated for or, the horrible rosters and lifestyles on offer.

Zeta_Reticuli
9th Mar 2024, 01:13
Yes it's all the FOs fault they don't want Sydney commands. It's not the extreme cost of living in Sydney they won't be properly compensated for or, the horrible rosters and lifestyles on offer.

An FO in Sydney needs to be on 350k to 400k to survive... Qf and well the corporate world in general need to get with reality. Sydney Captains should be on 600k to 800k. Thats reality!

SHVC
9th Mar 2024, 11:09
any more info? Will they reduce the cyclic requirement to allow FOs to upgrade faster as well?

They can’t drop the requirements anymore than they did yesterday. Scary how low it’s going now.

cLeArIcE
9th Mar 2024, 11:34
They can’t drop the requirements anymore than they did yesterday. Scary how low it’s going now.
They have plenty of people who would come back off the 787 or move IF...IF... It was worth it. But they just can't accept this fact. Pay a bit more with better rostering and lifestyle and people will take the spots. Even make it a tiny bit easier to commute and some would probably take it. But as it stands why would anyone leave the 787 or a 320 fo base in ADL or CNS to take a Sydney command?

Winginitt
9th Mar 2024, 20:33

what was it dropped to? All the blokes I interviewed with have high levels of experience.

SHVC
9th Mar 2024, 20:49
They have plenty of people who would come back off the 787 or move IF...IF... It was worth it. But they just can't accept this fact. Pay a bit more with better rostering and lifestyle and people will take the spots. Even make it a tiny bit easier to commute and some would probably take it. But as it stands why would anyone leave the 787 or a 320 fo base in ADL or CNS to take a Sydney command?

I have never understood the whole commuting thing. Someone takes a command in Sydney or any other base but for some reason they want to live else where and expect the company to help with their commuting needs, sure the rostering could be better for that but then, why should the guys in the base be somewhat disadvantage for a commuter. Take a command but expect to be in the base the command is.

As it stands 1500hrs company time or equivalent (capturing QF group) and two cyclics should capture anyone who has been in the company (group) 18 or more months. Currently we don’t have that now. Company have made it clear that DEC will happen unless the guys who have the 1500 company time are prepared to come to Sydney.

Power
9th Mar 2024, 21:42
Just do what the regionals do in USA. Junior manning, forced upgrades in reverse seniority.

ebarw
16th Mar 2024, 04:08
Anyone have any idea how recruitment is flowing at the moment? Currently on hold and wondering on time frames.

Winginitt
17th Mar 2024, 04:43
Anyone have any idea how recruitment is flowing at the moment? Currently on hold and wondering on time frames.

get in touch with recruitment via email, they are very friendly

Zeta_Reticuli
17th Mar 2024, 09:26
I have never understood the whole commuting thing. Someone takes a command in Sydney or any other base but for some reason they want to live else where and expect the company to help with their commuting needs, sure the rostering could be better for that but then, why should the guys in the base be somewhat disadvantage for a commuter. Take a command but expect to be in the base the command is.

As it stands 1500hrs company time or equivalent (capturing QF group) and two cyclics should capture anyone who has been in the company (group) 18 or more months. Currently we don’t have that now. Company have made it clear that DEC will happen unless the guys who have the 1500 company time are prepared to come to Sydney.

Well maybe if they could afford to live in Sydney they would take it. But to be poverty stricken Airline pilot is laughable. If the only base in Australia was Sydney, every pilot would go work for SQ, EK and CX. Atleast Singapore and Hongkong have a legitimate reason to be so expensive to buy or rent a home. Sydney has no fundamentals whatsoever, except poor governnment policy and planning to accelerate a ponzi scheme.

If they want pilots in Sydney they can buy the pilots a 4 bedroom home within 30mins of the Airport!

AventadorSVJ
18th Mar 2024, 09:32
Hi everyone, I just completed the Jetstar New Zealand psychometric testing, and received a positive result. My interview has now been booked. I have been advised the Simulator assessment is in a 737, I'm assuming that's the Air Chathams simulator. If anyone has any information about the interview that they would be happy to pass on, it would be muchly appreciated. Thanks

Hollywood1
19th Mar 2024, 01:52
Don’t know if things have changed in the last 12 months, if not, assessment day consists of a

1. Panel interview with behavioral TMAT (tell me about a time when …) questions which they want you to answer in the ‘STAR’ format (situation, task, action, result).

2. MayDay group activity task to see how well you work as a team.

3 Sim ride. The profile is given to you before hand as well as pitch and power settings for various configurations.

The panel are all pretty relaxed and they want you to succeed. Good luck.

roundhouse
22nd Mar 2024, 06:10
Commands now down to May 2023 for those with prior experience. Wow.

cLeArIcE
22nd Mar 2024, 10:17
Commands now down to May 2023 for those with prior experience. Wow.

​​​​​ It's incredible. But also very frustrating. As I've said numerous times on here, there is plenty of FOs with experience willing to take commands. They just don't want the unsustainable 90 hour rosters, not getting any of their bid requests for trips or days off, continually swapped between late finishes and early starts and 11hr + 4 sector duty days. All of this for $$ that doesn't pay for a house in a desirable area. (Especially in Sydney)
You need to call in sick atleast twice a month just to make the roster liveable.
The company are kidding themselves if they think this isn't an issue.
The new chief can go on all he likes about how he's listening and they are exploring ways to improve the roster but it's all lip service as usual.

plotplot
23rd Mar 2024, 02:21
​​​​​ It's incredible. But also very frustrating. As I've said numerous times on here, there is plenty of FOs with experience willing to take commands. They just don't want the unsustainable 90 hour rosters, not getting any of their bid requests for trips or days off, continually swapped between late finishes and early starts and 11hr + 4 sector duty days. All of this for $$ that doesn't pay for a house in a desirable area. (Especially in Sydney)
You need to call in sick atleast twice a month just to make the roster liveable.
The company are kidding themselves if they think this isn't an issue.
The new chief can go on all he likes about how he's listening and they are exploring ways to improve the roster but it's all lip service as usual.

how often do you actually get what you bid for?

I distinctly remember them saying in the interview that satisfaction with the bidding system was at 70 percent.

Now does that 70 percent translate to getting 7 out of the 10 duties you bid for? Or 70 percent of people stated they were mildly satisfied with getting at least something they bid for?

LostontheLOC
23rd Mar 2024, 03:01

I distinctly remember them saying in the interview that satisfaction with the bidding system was at 70 percent.

Now does that 70 percent translate to getting 7 out of the 10 duties you bid for? Or 70 percent of people stated they were mildly satisfied with getting at least something they bid for?

if they have said “bid satisfaction is at 70%” they have lied to you!

the company has been at the end of a stick from the pilots for years because of this bid mechanism they are using, every internal survey has ranked so low that heads have actually rolled, the latest offering of hope is from the new CP, I am optimistic he will achieve something out of this.

just for clarity, bid preference is so low people have stopped bidding, FTG is through the roof so people can actually get the days off they want and sick leave is called “roster adjustment”, nothing we have works.

and just to touch on the command issues we are having - people want commands, but not at any cost.

brokenagain
23rd Mar 2024, 09:00
And now they have employed ‘Regional Performance Managers’, whose job description is literally to place pressure on and dish out punishment to crew who call sick. Another few hundred thousand dollars wasted instead of actually addressing the root causes of massive amounts of sick leave and fatigue.

MikeHatter732
23rd Mar 2024, 09:50
And now they have employed ‘Regional Performance Managers’, whose job description is literally to place pressure on and dish out punishment to crew who call sick. Another few hundred thousand dollars wasted instead of actually addressing the root causes of massive amounts of sick leave and fatigue.
That’s okay - I’m sure CASA would love to hear about pressure from management to operate when unfit.

plotplot
23rd Mar 2024, 10:05
Yeah sounds like some poetic license being used there. Hard to argue against a legally binding doctor's certificate, from updoc or otherwise.

cLeArIcE
23rd Mar 2024, 17:15

I have a suspicion (can't prove it) that the software (jbid) works Very well. It's easy enough to use and seems to perform as intended. The problem is the rules and restrictions that the company place into it. All they have to do is see the value in loosening these rules and it could work.
I know it's hard to make massive changes outside of an EA that isn't due for negotiation for a while, but nothing is stopping the company from making small changes around the edges that could have a big impact.
Most importantly people want a reasonable success rate in days off bidding. Why not in the short term give everyone 20 star days. Usable 2 consecutively a month. That would atleast allow someone to guarantee 2 days off for 10 months of the year. An interim measure while they spend 2 years fixing everything.
other considerations in no particular order:

1. Aiming for a realistic level of flying for the crew numbers you have. 80+ hours every month is ridiculous. (Yeah i know, I'm dreaming with that one.)

2. Why are they so obsessed with everyone having minimum days off? What does it matter if you do your hours over a shorter period (your choice)?

3. Immediately reduce the EFA to 60 hours but... we need to negotiate a minimum daily credit.

4. Who thought this "fair Share model" for bidding was a good idea? Just displeases everyone. get the squirrel cages back.

5. Tighter rules around changing sign on times between lates and earlys. Optionally waivable by the pilot on the software if they so choose.

6. Blow up the patterns and start again. 4 sector days limited to 10 hours planned duty. (Roster build restriction not an FRMS limit.) MEL-MCY-MEL-NTL-MEL 12 hour plus day is a perfect example....And we know you're purposely rostering that before a day off so crew won't go fatigued.

7. Trip drops, pick ups via an automated online system like a real airline. How does the union let them away with ignoring this so Long. It was in the last expired EA ffs.

8. You love talking about women in aviation and families etc. You love a good photo Op but wont implement the same carer lines as QF has?

9. Opt in for Queenstown flying and PAY something for it.

Or ..... don't do any of those things.. I don't care. Just don't complain when I Call in sick all the time, abuse WDOs so I'm paid what I'm worth,. fly fast everywhere and take heaps of discretionary fuel because I can... Show us some respect and maybe you might get some back. But until then.. you can go get ******.

Apologies for the long rant... I'm just so tired of this ****.

SHVC
24th Mar 2024, 08:30
Don’t worry, there will be another survey soon to find out what the issues are.

Stationair8
24th Mar 2024, 09:00
Regional performance manager, sounds like a career bed wetter!

Lookleft
25th Mar 2024, 01:02
The problem is the Flight Ops Department have become subservient to HR and are too afraid to rock the boat lest they be sent back to the line. That is the biggest fear of all those pilots sitting in Collingwood. Even the Checkies delight in only having to do simulator duties and have minimal exposure to flying line operations. All the points clearice makes are known to Flight Ops but they are unable but more importantly unwilling to do anything about it.

SouthernSky
25th Mar 2024, 02:15
Don’t know if things have changed in the last 12 months, if not, assessment day consists of a

1. Panel interview with behavioral TMAT (tell me about a time when …) questions which they want you to answer in the ‘STAR’ format (situation, task, action, result).

2. MayDay group activity task to see how well you work as a team.

3 Sim ride. The profile is given to you before hand as well as pitch and power settings for various configurations.

The panel are all pretty relaxed and they want you to succeed. Good luck.

I have heard from a friend that completed an interview with Jet connect (late last year) that they had a small knowledge based test that was sprung on the recruiters to include at the last minute (saying that it was a new thing across the board for Qantas Group). I haven't heard anyone else confirm this. If anyone does have any information on this I'd be keen to know

a_pilot
25th Mar 2024, 03:58
I don't care. Just don't complain when I Call in sick all the time, abuse WDOs so I'm paid what I'm worth,. fly fast everywhere and take heaps of discretionary fuel because I can... Show us some respect and maybe you might get some back. But until then.. you can go get ******.

And so they temporarily closed (closed permanently and later reopened) Perth base. We can see who got ***** in the end. Hope these pilots feel proud. How much money did all the commuting cost ? All those WDO gains were lost as well as time away from family :D

StudentInDebt
25th Mar 2024, 05:39
And so they temporarily closed Perth base. We can see who got ***** in the end. Hope these pilots feel proud. How much money did all the commuting cost ? All those WDO gains were lost as well as time away from family :D
There was nothing temporary about it, they permanently closed the Perth base along with Newcastle. They've made a commercial decision to open Perth again, not sure what the rest of your post is about but it sounds like you've been fed a line.

a_pilot
25th Mar 2024, 06:03
There was nothing temporary about it, they permanently closed the Perth

As usual in pprune, if someone doesn't like your comment and cant argue back constructively, they need to attack your grammar and something else irrelevant to the argument otherwise pretend they don't understand

I intended to write the base was "closed" originally but I always knew some smart ass would come back and say now it has since been reopened (now some smart ass will probably argue back and say its not open yet.)

Yes it was closed permanently at the time but since reopened (or will reopen) that's why I wrote temporarily.

So it was only a temporary closure even it not officially announced or known as such at the time.

Either way, its not relevant to what I'm trying to say, if it was closed permanently at the time or temporarily (since it has reopened or will reopen soon, whatever suits you) is not relevant to my argument.

It is well known unofficially (always will be) around the whole network that the base was closed due to certain pilots behaving a certain way, is what I was trying to say.

It is known back then that even management (perhaps the CEO) said "we will not/cannot reward fraud".

not sure what the rest of your post is about

I trust you can read English and have basic comprehension skills or do I need to further elaborate and explain :ugh:are you really so smart ? (Said with sarcasm)

Awaiting a response from the grammar police

cLeArIcE
25th Mar 2024, 07:18
It is well known unofficially (always will be) around the whole network that the base was closed due to certain pilots behaving a certain way, is what I was trying to say.

It is well known back then that even management said "we will not/cannot reward fraud".

I trust you can read English and have basic comprehension skills :ugh:
or do I need to explain
the company temporarily closed a pilot base and may or may not have blamed the pilot cohort for "rorting" the system, (the system that the company set up) even though it may have been a commerical decision but was conveniently blamed on the pilots. Can't waste a good opportunity right??
It's funny they have no problem when their system is screwing us over.
And how is it fraud? They are MY ******* sick days! I use them because I am tired or they didn't give me any of the days Off I asked for. I am tired because of their ****ty rosters.
Jetstar will always do Jetstar things. Nothing in the EBA says they have to respect me or be a good employer. I acknowledge that. But equally nothing says I have to be a good employee. So yes... If they see me as a number and screw me in everyway they can, I'm going to do the same back. Clearly something has flicked a switch in the pilot group because almost everybody does the same. My thinking is not a minority it's the majority. People are no longer scared of their bull**** and I think that worries them.
But.... it doesn't have to be this way.

​​​​​
​​​​​

a_pilot
25th Mar 2024, 07:36
And how is it fraud? They are MY ******* sick

If you are not genuinely sick, this is fraud, is it not?

Sure you have a medical certificate, a dodgy one from online. Is this not fraud ?

Yes sure you have a tummy pain and nobody can prove otherwise that you don't.

If you call a colleague to pick up a WDO after you just called in sick (but you actually are not) is this not fraud?

Then your colleague returns you the WDO next week. Is this not fraud ?

Lucky you don't work for Emirates or other airlines where you might get pulled up for having too many sickies or held back on a promotion. Lucky you don't work for Cathay where they had a 40% pay cut yet you still hate the place so much. Can always be worse, can always be better, but some will never be happy.

cLeArIcE
25th Mar 2024, 08:24

Sure you have a medical certificate, a dodgy one from online. Is this not fraud ?

Yes sure you have a tummy pain and nobody can prove otherwise that you don't.

If you call a colleague to pick up a WDO after you just called in sick (but you actually are not) is this not fraud?

Lucky you don't work for Emirates or other airlines where you might get pulled up for having too many sickies or held back on a promotion. Lucky you don't work for Cathay where they had a 40% pay cut yet you still hate the place so much. Can always be worse, can always be better, but some will never be happy.

Hahaha is that you new RPM? Congratulations on the new promotion. Must be hard to know who to harrass first giving how much sick leave there is. Oh but don't worry. Its not Jetstar fault at all. All the best with your KPIs and bonus.

Ummm... The last time I checked, it's none of your business why I am unfit for duty. I could have a cold, tummy upset as you said. I could be tired because you rostered me an early start after doing a BoC a day ago.. My son could have a bad night because I can't go to his soccer knockout carnival in Shepperton this weekend because you rostered me a 3am standby following a Star day.
Or I'm Just not mentally fit for Work on day 6 after doing 5 X 4 sector days.
strangely enough, I tend to get sick more after months of 80+ hour rosters. Who would have thought.
This stuff happens all the time.. You know why? You employ people not machines. People are entitled to a life outside of work (even if you have nothing else going on.)

Secondly, the last time I checked again... I can talk to colleagues outside of work about anything I want.
So I think your clutching at straws. I understand it's a difficult time for all you management people given how much disrespect your staff have for you.

​​​​Tell you what, care to share what base you are so I know to call in sick rather than fly with you? I somehow doubt we'd get along very well.

​​​

ScepticalOptomist
25th Mar 2024, 20:29

Aren’t they legally referred to as Personal Leave days? They’re not just used for being “sick” in the traditional tummy and sore throat.

They can be used legitimately for days when you are not fit for duty, whatever the reason may be.

I’m certainly past hoarding them or doing the company any favours. If I’m unfit, I’m not coming in.

cloudsurfng
25th Mar 2024, 21:42
Aren’t they legally referred to as Personal Leave days? They’re not just used for being “sick” in the traditional tummy and sore throat.

They can be used legitimately for days when you are not fit for duty, whatever the reason may be.

I’m certainly past hoarding them or doing the company any favours. If I’m unfit, I’m not coming in.

I was once told ‘the aim should be to finish every year with zero sick days’. Sound advice.

A320 Flyer
25th Mar 2024, 22:00
I was once told ‘the aim should be to finish every year with zero sick days’. Sound advice.

Affectionately referred to as “project zero”

Ollie Onion
26th Mar 2024, 00:44

I am with you, the term is UNFIT FOR DUTY, that can include a multitude of things and not just actual sickness. I am over the company and use UFD on a semi regular basis now, if I have any doubt about my fitness to fly then quite simply I don't. If the Company requires a medical certificate the I normally respond that getting a retrospective one is not possible and that I am happy to provide a stat dec as per their procedure. I mean at the end of the day what the hell are they going to do?

A320 Flyer
26th Mar 2024, 02:29
Updoc….. Qoctor….. Instant scripts….. all legitimates MD certificates….. why even entertain their inquiry…. They have no right to ask.

Zeta_Reticuli
26th Mar 2024, 02:54
I just tell my doctor the truth, that I am sick of the companies bulls**t and that I am to tired of their s**t to bother going in. He just laughs and says I understand and signs it off. Doctors understand that employees are overworked, underpaid and treated like **** these days. Who cares if your really sick? Maybe management shouldn't burn out their employees. Imagine if management gave just 5% give and take to their employees, most would bend over backwards for them, but these selfish sycophantic money hungry mba leeches cant help themselves. So f..kem! And it will only get worse for management from now on, as noone in my generation can afford a home or a good standard of living, so what do we care anymore??? What you going to do? Sack us 😂😂😂 go for it, not as if your salary covered the bills. There is nothing left for us to lose and nothing to take from us.
hey QF management, do you know what is the most dangerous man out? One with nothing left to lose so keep going!

SHVC
26th Mar 2024, 03:51
You all speak as if you earn the same as a Laborer. If you can’t afford to live on 140+k (L3FO) a yr you’re not very good with money. I could afford a family on 90k. Guess I’m good with the money tho don’t need the BMW or Audi.

Zeta_Reticuli
26th Mar 2024, 03:56
You all speak as if you earn the same as a Laborer. If you can’t afford to live on 140+k (L3FO) a yr you’re not very good with money. I could afford a family on 90k. Guess I’m good with the money tho don’t need the BMW or Audi.

Oh yeah?? When did you buy your first home? Anyone can live on 90k... hell I can live on 70k if I could afford to rent and save for a home deposit... i guess its my fault for not living in a tent at my local caravan park, I think a space there now costs $600 a week. Sorry for not being born earlier.
but back to reality mate, noone can afford to buy a home in Syd or Melb on 140k I doubt anyone now on 200k could now. But yea I will jump back to your parallel universe now where I can afford a home on 90k 😂😂😂 good to know we have airline pilots taking LSD...

MikeHatter732
26th Mar 2024, 04:01
Poor kids, must be livin on food stamps and having maggi noodles for dinner everynight.

Oh and a laborer would probably earn more anyway.

Zeta_Reticuli
26th Mar 2024, 04:05
Poor kids, must be livin on food stamps and having maggi noodles for dinner everynight.

Oh and a laborer would probably earn more anyway.

And next he will say send your kids to a public school. Well anyone in their right mind would be looking at forking out a fortune for a private school these days. If you send your kid to a public school nowadayd they will think they are another gender by year 3 and be a full blown transgender communist by year 5. So no I would like to send my kids to a private school and as an airline pilot I should be able to afford a nice home, car, food and the ability to privately educate my children. Just goes to show some people in this profession have no standards or self respect!

SHVC
26th Mar 2024, 04:11
And next he will say send your kids to a public school. Well anyone in their right mind would be looking at forking out a fortune for a private school these days. If you send your kid to a public school nowadayd they will think they are another gender by year 3 and be a full blown transgender communist by year 5. So no I would like to send my kids to a private school and as an airline pilot I should be able to afford a nice home, car, food and the ability to privately educate my children. Just goes to show some people in this profession have no standards or self respect!

How dare you refer to me as he, I could be anything damn public schools!

SHVC
26th Mar 2024, 04:12

and to add, my kids go to a private school. I own a rather large home and two cars. Like I said I’m good with money.

Zeta_Reticuli
26th Mar 2024, 04:32
and to add, my kids go to a private school. I own a rather large home and two cars. Like I said I’m good with money.

Well then, maybe you can make a pamphlet to hand out to your fellow pilots who have only been in the industry a couple of years, as to how they can afford a large home and send their children to a private school. I'm pretty good at maths and I cant make the numbers work, and I doubt anyone around my age bracket can, unless they were born wealthy... whats the average home price again in Aus? I believe its 1.2m. Average rent in Syd is now $1100 a week. 140k is around 8k a month in the hand, 50% + already gone to rent if your in Syd. So yea if you have any ideas I reckon the younger pilot community would love to hear...

cLeArIcE
26th Mar 2024, 05:10
Well then, maybe you can make a pamphlet to hand out to your fellow pilots who have only been in the industry a couple of years, as to how they can afford a large home and send their children to a private school. I'm pretty good at maths and I cant make the numbers work, and I doubt anyone around my age bracket can, unless they were born wealthy... whats the average home price again in Aus? I believe its 1.2m. Average rent in Syd is now $1100 a week. 140k is around 8k a month in the hand, 50% + already gone to rent if your in Syd. So yea if you have any ideas I reckon the younger pilot community would love to hear...
Yep and good luck finding a house in Sydney in a not **** area for 1.2... try 1.6+++

Zeta_Reticuli
26th Mar 2024, 05:14
Yep and good luck finding a house in Sydney in a not **** area for 1.2... try 1.6+++
ahh its like Perth, average home price I think is now 780k or 800k. But if you want to buy in an area where you wont get burgled, your looking at 1m +
homes in Armadale are 550 to 600k + now. It is insane and goes to show how out of touch some people are. The bank wont even lend you 600k on 140k these days, not without a hefty deposit, but how is anyone meant to save a deposit that large when rents are 600+ a week.

Zeta_Reticuli
26th Mar 2024, 05:17

This is why every up and coming Australian pilot will leave to the US or Asia. Honestly as bad as CX is, I would rather be broke in HK than Sydney... This decade is going to be an almighty reality check for QF management and the Airline industry in general.

das Uber Soldat
26th Mar 2024, 05:44
What year did you buy it and with how much equity from previous property ownership did you use?

Ollie Onion
26th Mar 2024, 06:17
My mate bought a house in Sydney when he got his first Jet job in 2005, his fiance who is a Lawyer also owned a home. Both homes together would have cost a total of $1 million, both were able to purchase them with a $50k deposit and on a single income. EACH house would be approaching $1.8 million in value and are mortgage free with one being rented. Not for a second do I think they achieved this personal worth of almost $4million through astute financial management, they were bloody lucky and rode the market. No way could a single 24 year old pilot in their first Jet job get a mortgage to by an average Sydney property now. To tell young pilots to work harder and cut out the coffees and smashed avo just minimises the actual problem, wages have not kept pace with the cost of living. I feel sorry for young people now, my kids will only get a house if we help them which fortunately we can do

a_pilot
26th Mar 2024, 07:12
Hahaha is that you new RPM?.

Haha. No its not. So amusing reading you having a rant at me when I'm not management at all.

Ummm... The last time I checked, it's none of your business why I am unfit for duty

Ummmm....Yes. It's not my business. I'm not management and I dont care what you do. But just remember, it was this attitude that contributed to a certain base closing. Continue with this attitude and state it publicly (for management to read), then don't be surprised if the next EBA has appropriate amendments which might discourage such behaviour. (Which I understand is their intention)

Secondly, the last time I checked again... I can talk to colleagues outside of work about anything I want.

You might want to have a read of the social media policy. Yes sure talk what you want but sharing something in public on social media is very different. You might want to check again. Not my business. I don't care. I'm not management. Write whatever you want.

MikeHatter732
26th Mar 2024, 07:29
SYD base to close because of the number of sickies.

You heard it here first folks!

Angle of Attack
26th Mar 2024, 07:32
Management please read this, my sickness rate is up 500% compared to pre COVID! now eat my shorts because it’s all certified! Idiots!

Zeta_Reticuli
26th Mar 2024, 07:46
SYD base to close because of the number of sickies.

You heard it here first folks!

Thats alright, Kalitta, Atlas, Skywest, Spirit, Jetblue, Breeze all have bases in Perth, and maybe in the future CX, SQ, EK, QR will Open bases in Perth. Thats alright Jetstar, Network, Eastern, Sunstate, EFA hell even Mainline, they can shut all their bases. They will have to when they have no pilots within the next 10 years 😂😂😂

cLeArIcE
26th Mar 2024, 10:35
Haha. No its not. So amusing reading you having a rant at me when I'm not management at all.

Ummmm....Yes. It's not my business. I'm not management and I dont care what you do. But just remember, it was this attitude that contributed to a certain base closing. Continue with this attitude and state it publicly (for management to read), then don't be surprised if the next EBA has appropriate amendments which might discourage such behaviour. (Which I understand is their intention)

You might want to have a read of the social media policy. Yes sure talk what you want but sharing something in public on social media is very different. You might want to check again. Not my business. I don't care. I'm not management. Write whatever you want.
I'm glad your amused. By assuming you were management I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. If you were management, I could atleast respect why you are going on with the dribble that you are.
You are of course entitled to your opinion but I'm glad to see (for all our sakes) that it not widely shared.
​​​​​​

btrdux
26th Mar 2024, 13:24
This is why every up and coming Australian pilot will leave to the US or Asia. Honestly as bad as CX is, I would rather be broke in HK than Sydney... This decade is going to be an almighty reality check for QF management and the Airline industry in general.

If you hate Australia so much why are you (presumably) still here instead of having taken one of the many overseas opportunities that you listed?

Instead you're going on about how HK is much better than Aus right now... maybe take one look at the number of people who've left to come to QF vs the opposite might tell you the reality.

Zeta_Reticuli
26th Mar 2024, 13:31
If you hate Australia so much why are you (presumably) still here instead of having taken one of the many overseas opportunities that you listed?

Instead you're going on about how HK is much better than Aus right now... maybe take one look at the number of people who've left to come to QF vs the opposite might tell you the reality.

Mate I would never join CX. I am trying to make a point. If I had to choose between earning peanuts in Sydney vs HK, I honestly would choose HK. No one can explain to me how a new pilot is meant to afford a home in Sydney? If you got an answer I am all ears... and look how many CX S/Os that got nowhere in Aus ended up at mainline. You would get into Mainline quicker being a cx s/o than say Network, NJs and possibly even Jetstar.

I love Australia but this country is stuffed and if you cant see it, then you are blind, and I hate communism but I would take some of the CCPs values and line QF management and the current politicians up against a wall or trench.

Zeta_Reticuli
26th Mar 2024, 13:42

And you know what, I would argue that all the airline ceos who meet every year at IATA, have all conspired to work together to bring down pilot salaries, so that no pilot is better off regardless of where he flees to. I think every Aussie pilot ideally would like to avoid EK, CX, SQ, QR etc... but what do we all sit idly by at a subsidary on poverty wages just hoping that Mainline takes us??? My situation is different, but I am talking on behalf of all the pilots in this country, I mean I cant even imagine how much stress a qlink or rex pilot based out of Sydney must be under. I would not even want to board that aircraft. The poor souls stressed 24/7 as to how they will cover the rent or ever afford a home or family of their own!! If you are based in Syd and well even Melb and earning under 200k and dont own a home, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. And whoever has the answer should speak now, as to alleviate stress off the backs of 1000s of pilots. And I know we arent the worst ones out there in society, you just need to look to the nursing shortage. And the govs solution is just bring more in on visas, there never has been and never will be a shortage of any occupation in this country. I am up to my third industry and there has never ever been a shortage in construction or mining, it is a shortage of people willing to work for peanuts.

SHVC
26th Mar 2024, 20:38

1- Stay away from CC or anyone else, keep it in your pants!
2- Don’t get personal loans make sacrifices.
3- Don’t take financial advice from another pilot. Case proven in this forum.

framer
26th Mar 2024, 23:43
4. Buy a 50sqm brick attached unit in a small agricultural town 4-10 hours drive from home and rent it out so you only have to top it up a small amount. ( be smart about the prospects of that town).
Keep renting where you need to be….three years later buy a second 50sqm brick unit and wait……wait……three years later be amazed when you can sell units and buy a three bedroom home 2 hours drive from where you need to be ( be smart about the prospects of the area) wait another three years,
keep renting where you need to be, take a command at your Airline of choice. Sell three bedroom house and buy modest three bedroom house in up and coming suburb in city of choice.
5. In the nine years you are waiting, never spend more than 15k on a vehicle and then only if you can pay cash.
6. Only holiday once a year and stay in a Holiday Park or camp site.
7. Don’t have a lifestyle and then see what that does to your cashflow, set your cashflow ( weekly spending account) and then see what lifestyle that achieves……cause that’s it. Thats how I discovered rock fishing. Its a win win win.
To be clear, I’m not saying that will definitely work. I think people in their 20’s and 30’s face a tougher road to financial freedom than I did, but, that’s what I did and it’s what I would try again if I was 20 years younger.
If you can’t kick start that process then I would look to rent somewhere cheaper. If it is still not possible then I would move to the bush and start again.
Good luck.

directsosij
27th Mar 2024, 02:05
Or you could just leave aviation and find a job somewhere other than Sydney or Melbourne.

ebarw
2nd Apr 2024, 01:29
Any news on hiring flow? Is there a certain time of month calls go out?

Hollywood1
2nd Apr 2024, 02:30
Any news on hiring flow? Is there a certain time of month calls go out?

You should get a call in the second week of the month, if not, soon after that if successful. 'No' emails go out earlier so no news is usually good news.

Gear in transit
2nd Apr 2024, 09:47
They need everyone they can get.
It’s not a free pass, but if you interviewed ‘normally’ ie. Could they stand a flight deck with you for 8-10 hours and showed a standard ability in the sim ride (given consideration to zero time on that type) you’re fine.

Pickle123
11th Apr 2024, 01:15
Is this to be added to a hold file or for an offer of imploymnet?

ebarw
11th Apr 2024, 01:19
Is this to be added to a hold file or for an offer of imploymnet?

I’m already on hold, waiting for an offer of employment

Pickle123
11th Apr 2024, 01:28
Have you spoken to recruitment about hold times? Wondering how long wait times are for offers.

ebarw
11th Apr 2024, 01:29
Have you spoken to recruitment about hold times? Wondering how long wait times are for offers.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out, I asked and got the standard “we can’t say how long but can confirm you’re still on the hold file.” I’ve been on hold for 7 months now

Pickle123
11th Apr 2024, 01:38
I don't quite understand how the file works but seems weird to have such long wait times.

ebarw
11th Apr 2024, 01:40
I don't quite understand how the file works but seems weird to have such long wait times.

Yea it’s definitely not ideal. Seems to be either you get a call within a few months or you’re left stranded and there’s no inbetween. Here’s hoping by the end of the year at this stage.

Hollywood1
11th Apr 2024, 06:51
Yea it’s definitely not ideal. Seems to be either you get a call within a few months or you’re left stranded and there’s no inbetween. Here’s hoping by the end of the year at this stage.

Probably depends on the type rating training providers, and whether they have slots available at the moment. That's where the bottle neck seems to be.

Gear in transit
13th Apr 2024, 05:01
There is an ENORMOUS training load at the moment, probably the biggest I've ever seen there. This isn't just direct entry, but includes command upgrades and cadets. The Melbourne base has very few line captains left that aren't either training or checking and the people left probably won't with good reason. Quite a few people have been allocated commands with no hint of start dates in sight based on the above issues. Sim time is also another huge constraint. Everything they have access to is usually at maximum capacity, plus they've had a few people fall over at various stages of training lately which increases the load further on the training system.

I know it won't help much, but sit tight, the call will come when they can fit in more.

ebarw
13th Apr 2024, 07:50
There is an ENORMOUS training load at the moment, probably the biggest I've ever seen there. This isn't just direct entry, but includes command upgrades and cadets. The Melbourne base has very few line captains left that aren't either training or checking and the people left probably won't with good reason. Quite a few people have been allocated commands with no hint of start dates in site based on the above issues. Sim time is also another huge constraint. Everything they have access to is usually at maximum capacity, plus they've had a few people fall over at various stages of training lately which increases the load further on the training system.

I know it won't help much, but sit tight, the call will come when they can fit in more.

I appreciate it, makes it seem a bit more hopeful. Hopefully it clears up at some point.

TimeOnType
14th Apr 2024, 09:14
New to pprune here. Can anyone tell me how the Aus and NZ Jetstar salaries compare? Reading this thread I’m aware the NZ package is much worse, but by how much? I can’t find actual figures.

It sounds like Aus time to command is fairly quick if you’re willing to relocate to an unfavourable base. What is the time to command in NZ as a comparison?

T8348
15th Apr 2024, 04:28
New to pprune here. Can anyone tell me how the Aus and NZ Jetstar salaries compare? Reading this thread I’m aware the NZ package is much worse, but by how much? I can’t find actual figures.

It sounds like Aus time to command is fairly quick if you’re willing to relocate to an unfavourable base. What is the time to command in NZ as a comparison?

I worked in NZ before, personally apart from the money you get the living condition is better in Australia, well at least compared to Auckland, it’s just too expensive with lower quality in general compared to any major cities in Australia. It’s very subjective though, and on the bright side, NZers are in general very friendly and cool people to deal with both at work and in daily life.

Ollie Onion
16th Apr 2024, 01:45
Basically:
Jetstar NZ / Jetstar Oz
Salary FO Year 1: $111,361 / $124,204
Extra Flying Pay $150.54 65+ / $ Salary / 787 = 157.81 75+
ZQN Pay $3,000 on base pay / ZERO
$25.26 per entry / ZERO
Company Pension 4.5% of base / 11%

The NZ union did a recent pay comparison and it showed for a Jetstar NZ pilot doing 70 hours per month for 10.5 months (12 months minus leave) you can expect circa $140,000 per annum, for the same time and also 70 hours in OZ as an FO you can expect circa $175,000 (Kiwi Dollars). Obviously once you take the extra flying allowance and other contract allowances into account this gap just widens and it is not unheard of for an FO in OZ to push the 200k + mark whereas that would not happen in NZ. You become Queenstown rated with a little bit of extra training that can be done 6 months in. NZ gets extra flying pay over 65 hours per month whereas OZ gets it at 75 hours. Lots of little got ya's like in NZ there is no credit for sims every 6 months where as in OZ you get 11 hours per six months which can mean you are in overtime for that month. Over night allowances also vary quite a bit, in NZ you get $5.50 per hour from sign on to sign off in home base meaning for 24 hours away you get $132 tax free with no extra overnight allowance. In OZ the duty allowance is significantly more. Over all you will get a significantly better yearly pay in Australia. The NZ contract is currently due to expire towards the end of the year so you can expect the numbers above to be a bit better. If I wasn't tied to either country and had the choice I would go for the Australian operation every time, expanding operation, access to the 787, better pay etc. But hey, the choice is yours.

TimeOnType
16th Apr 2024, 03:15
Very helpful thanks.

Any idea of time to command in NZ vs AUS outside SYD or MEL?

Mail-man
16th Apr 2024, 07:32
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/845x564/img_5307_a5137e84acf32580bded74ff3775f0e6afbb09c4.jpeg
Kiwis 🥝

Gear in transit
17th Apr 2024, 06:22
Very helpful thanks.

Any idea of time to command in NZ vs AUS outside SYD or MEL?

Ages. Not unachievable but MEL/SYD are the biggest bases followed by BNE. The other bases are smaller comparatively, so the movement is usually slower.

Chocolate Icecream
13th May 2024, 05:31
How is Perth base looking for new joiners? Have JQ been offering Perth to new recruits yet?

Gear in transit
13th May 2024, 21:53
Not as yet. The base is really only just setting up again. The pilot numbers they wanted for Perth were high, in part due to the new routes they want to fly. Some of those routes hadn’t even received (or begun?) regulatory approval at announcement time so it will need more time.

Aeroplanes are already based there and have been for awhile, but it will need a few neo’s established before it really cranks up and thus more crew.

mppgf
14th May 2024, 01:03
Perth base for new joiners is guaranteed

volare_737
14th May 2024, 01:15
Perth base for new joiners is guaranteed

I guess the wait for command would be many years !!!

LostontheLOC
15th May 2024, 03:41
I guess the wait for command would be many years !!!
actually its not, I believe there's one or two more slots available - Perth will be one of the best bases for flying, unfortunately you live in Perth..

Dogman
15th May 2024, 23:52
Any Internals applied and been succesful lately? Also does anyone know the legal framework for LWOP (leave without pay)? Does there need to be extenuating circumstances, or can you apply and is the company required to accept under industrial law?

A320 Flyer
16th May 2024, 00:10
Any Internals applied and been succesful lately? Also does anyone know the legal framework for LWOP (leave without pay)? Does there need to be extenuating circumstances, or can you apply and is the company required to accept under industrial law?

Generally…. Jetstar will only approve LWOP to go to another Jetstar entity, and only when there isn’t a shortage at JQ AUS. The positions would also have to be advertised via a FSO for all and sundry to apply.

Lookleft
16th May 2024, 03:02
LWOP is a tool for HR to manage pilot surplus, same as the MOU. Don't think that they will allow it to be used as a vehicle for you to obtain experience with another airline which would enhance your skills.

Eaglerocker
16th May 2024, 21:45
Does anyone know the amount of JQ people on hold for mainline ? I understand they release 2 a month based on seniority. How long could someone expect to be on a hold file, how does this compare between JQ AUS and JQ NZ? TIA

Ollie Onion
17th May 2024, 01:12
The release is not strictly on seniority and last I heard there were circa 100 pilots to go from across the group. Could be a long wait.

thisishomebrand
17th May 2024, 01:26
Last I heard, the crop that applied in 2022 will all be at QF by the end of August. Around 120 applied in the last application round, say a third get in which is similar to previous recruitment campaigns, then that is nearly two years at two max released a month. Worth noting it is at the companies discretion (so could be none) and not always two as well.

LostontheLOC
20th May 2024, 02:49
Does anyone know the amount of JQ people on hold for mainline ? I understand they release 2 a month based on seniority. How long could someone expect to be on a hold file, how does this compare between JQ AUS and JQ NZ? TIA
Two a month has been directed by flight ops based on seniority, with a total of just under 30 people on hold from the last intake.

So much for progression.

SHVC
20th May 2024, 11:07
Two a month has been directed by flight ops based on seniority, with a total of just under 30 people on hold from the last intake.

So much for progression.

Apply to work at Jetstar expect to transfer to QF! Your progression is NB FO WB FO NB CP WB CP.

I suggest if you want to work for QF apply to QF

G700
23rd May 2024, 03:39
Does anyone know if Jetstar has recruited any foreign pilots? Currently an airline pilot in Canada and would like to make the move over. Government of Australia lists aeroplane pilot as skilled occupation eligible for a visa and possible citizenship. ATPL holder with 2400 hrs.

tail wheel
23rd May 2024, 21:03
Does anyone know if Jetstar has recruited any foreign pilots? Currently an airline pilot in Canada and would like to make the move over. Government of Australia lists aeroplane pilot as skilled occupation eligible for a visa and possible citizenship. ATPL holder with 2400 hrs.

Whilst "Pilot" is on the Australian Skills in Demand list, to obtain an appropriate Visa to work and reside in Australia you must be sponsored by an Australian airline employer and for that employer to demonstrate (a) a pilot with similar qualifications is not available in Australia, or that you have specific specialist skills not available in Australia; and (b) the sponsoring airline has a program to train an Australian pilot to the same skill level as yourself.

I can't imagine an Australian airline would sponsor, nor the Australian Dept of Immigration issue a work and resident Visa to a pilot with ATPL and 2,400 hours unless you can demonstrate specific skills not available in the Australian labour market.

G700
23rd May 2024, 21:48
Whilst "Pilot" is on the Australian Skills in Demand list, to obtain an appropriate Visa to work and reside in Australia you must be sponsored by an Australian airline employer and for that employer to demonstrate (a) a pilot with similar qualifications is not available in Australia, or that you have specific specialist skills not available in Australia; and (b) the sponsoring airline has a program to train an Australian pilot to the same skill level as yourself.

I can't imagine an Australian airline would sponsor, nor the Australian Dept of Immigration issue a work and resident Visa to a pilot with ATPL and 2,400 hours unless you can demonstrate specific skills not available in the Australian labour market.

Interesting. I spoke to a VA 738 Captain who recently trained an ex. TUI F/O at VA so it sounds like foreign pilots are successful in small numbers.

I can demonstrate extensive de-icing operations and landings on 1700 ft gravel strips in the north at VV002 to differentiate myself to immigration :O

hyg
24th May 2024, 02:50
the skilled migrant program is changing and there are currently no movement on all front for independent visa applicants…. No one is gonna sponsor a 2400 hours pilot in Australia, pretty sure we got heaps of those experience around….

StudentInDebt
24th May 2024, 03:10
Aeroplane Pilot is on the WA skilled migration list for both graduate and schedule 2 491 visas (skilled work regional).

https://migration.wa.gov.au/our-services-support/state-nominated-migration-program

mrbeast
24th May 2024, 09:06
Can someone explain to me how our preferential bidding system has literally one option “option A” for 1, 2 or 7 days off? That’s actually less choice than when people were making our rosters. How does this happen!?!?

Hollywood1
24th May 2024, 16:32
Interesting. I spoke to a VA 738 Captain who recently trained an ex. TUI F/O at VA so it sounds like foreign pilots are successful in small numbers.

I can demonstrate extensive de-icing operations and landings on 1700 ft gravel strips in the north at VV002 to differentiate myself to immigration :O

Go ahead and apply. There's nothing stopping you from applying if you meet the minimum requirements.

https://career.jetstar.com/jobview/jetstar-australia-a3201-first-officer/b3636a4b-932b-4c0d-8e29-c82a1e1b7110/

cLeArIcE
25th May 2024, 14:06
Can someone explain to me how our preferential bidding system has literally one option “option A” for 1, 2 or 7 days off? That’s actually less choice than when people were making our rosters. How does this happen!?!?
Another month goes by with more talk about fixing rosters, having meetings, tweaking jbid and yet once again everyone is getting slammed and getting Zero (or close to) requests being awarded and fatiguing rosters being published. This just appears to be more lip service once again and a continual **** you to the pilot group. Can anyone actually tell me what tangible things are being done right now to address the issues in the short term? Or is it all just touchy feely meetings with empty promises and lies as it always has been? Where do we even go from here?

SHVC
25th May 2024, 18:58
They’re to busy celebrating every made up woke day to be concerned about something as un important like Jbid.

nomess
25th May 2024, 22:54
They’re to busy celebrating every made up woke day to be concerned about something as un important like Jbid.

Many corporates are getting sidetracked, and many are coming to the realisation that woke isn’t profitable, actually it’s quite damaging, just ask Disney.

You will find a division in most support offices, executive teams are all over the topic, the greasy pole lickers are also in tow, however a large cohort of well, pretty much everyone else, is simply over it and just want to get the job done without all the fluffy stuff. You speak out over this, you are simply sidelined or viewed as a non engaged employee. Senior Managers who are not on board are simply forced to make out like they are, as they know it’s not their business performance that now indicates if they have a job or not, it’s adhering and shoehorning company social progressive messages.

The latest in woke is one outfit looking at renaming teams ‘tribes’. They are doing a ‘deep dive’ into the subject as we speak. Which tribe of Pilots do you belong to? Coming to a crew room near you shortly…..

SHVC
26th May 2024, 02:02
FFS really!

Climb150
26th May 2024, 02:39
The latest in woke is one outfit looking at renaming teams ‘tribes’. They are doing a ‘deep dive’ into the subject as we speak. Which tribe of Pilots do you belong to? Coming to a crew room near you shortly…..

Well the pilot tribe is obviously made up of rich white men so we have to open the pilot tribe up to everyone to be more inclusive. :)

nomess
26th May 2024, 03:03
FFS really!
I have one better…One Chief People or Fluff officer, whatever you call them these days, at one operator, had a crack at Pilot Management as 70 people (pilots) ‘left’ the call as soon as her bit popped up on Town Hall to talk about ‘reconciliation’. The Pilots are not on board apparently.

‘We all need to be in this together’ was the comment made. The sad thing is most Flight Ops Management seem to bend over for HR ‘tribes’ these days. Hiring and Firing based on how you intend to follow any said corporates progressive stance. If you’re not onboard, please stand aside.

Sad really. Some of us just want to fly planes? Can’t you just let us do that?

Chronic Snoozer
26th May 2024, 03:12
Why should we have all the fun? It's HR's job to make our lives miserable so they can feel better about theirs.

Big Silver Spoon
26th May 2024, 11:35
Interestingly employee engagement and loyalty is inversely proportional to the rise of HR in most corporations.

One could almost say that they are there to create problems to justify being there. Like IT. Offering only a cost base to companies and not a profit base.

The sooner professionals in their own field select the candidates and peers they wish to work with and the HR experiment is put to the pasture, the better off we will all be.

Ollie Onion
27th May 2024, 00:39
What I find frustrating is the daily emails in the dozens and town halls about HOBITDA day and National Reconciliation Day, Rainbow week etc and when it came to International pilots day there was a single email sent at 1800 on the day :-) The crewroom now looks like Willie Wonkas Choclate factory with rainbow curtains, posters, disco ball etc……… Just makes me wonder how much time is spent of this sort of stuff as opposed to fixing operational issues such as the appalling rosters. By the way I belong to the ‘will use the FRMS system to go FTG to adjust my crappy roster’ Pilot Tribe.

nomess
27th May 2024, 00:57
What I find frustrating is the daily emails in the dozens and town halls about HOBITDA day

It’s IDAHOBIT Ollie. Geez.

You have not been listening to these town halls it seems. You naughty disengaged pilot! We will summon you to some online learning to ‘get you back on board’. HR will organise a ‘catchup’ with you later this week to make sure you are ‘in the right space’.

In the meantime, please see our new woke attached email signature template we would like you to add your email. It is 400 lines long, but we trust it will help show your commitment to our ways of working and community values. We look forward to working with you soon Ollie!

Ollie Onion
27th May 2024, 01:21
It’s IDAHOBIT Ollie. Geez.

You have not been listening to these town halls it seems. You naughty disengaged pilot! We will summon you to some online learning to ‘get you back on board’. HR will organise a ‘catchup’ with you later this week to make sure you are ‘in the right space’.

In the meantime, please see our new woke attached email signature template we would like you to add your email. It is 400 lines long, but we trust it will help show your commitment to our ways of working and community values. We look forward to working with you soon Ollie!

I look forward to the conversation :-)

SHVC
27th May 2024, 01:44
I couldn’t give two $hits about hobit day or the BS day held by AG today. I hope they get less than 100 dial in.

Lasiorhinus
1st Jun 2024, 04:56
As far as the current recruitment is going, I hear they’re doing some sort of online proctoring while you do your SHL testing these days. Anyone done that recently? Is it like the Respondus system universities use that locks your screen to them and lets them watch you do the testing?

SouthernSky
6th Jun 2024, 09:20
Is there anyone on here that has interviewed for Jetstar NZ in April (3rd,4th,5th) in particular or from surrounding months interviews that has heard anything after going on the active hold file? Would be keen to hear your experience since the interview. The most recent I've heard through the grape vine is someone who interviewed last December getting called in February to start at the end of last month.

AventadorSVJ
6th Jun 2024, 09:33
Yep same boat here mate, just a waiting game i think

Ollie Onion
7th Jun 2024, 03:27
Word on the street is that there are a couple of new aircraft heading NZs way, what however is unknown is when. I believe there has already been a delay in timelines which is why it may have gone quiet. When those aircraft are confirmed it will mean 12plus positions to be filled pretty quickly.