PDA

View Full Version : EASA conversion - night

tmmorris
5th Jan 2016, 11:25
Where on the form do I put that I can fly at night?

S-Works
5th Jan 2016, 14:19
If you are converting a UK JAR or Old PPL then its on the computer. Just make sure its printed on when it comes back!! I have seen odd instance where it gets left off by mistake.

tmmorris
5th Jan 2016, 18:51
Ah, OK, thanks. The form asks for a lot of information which frankly I thought they already had on the computer - hence my concern.

Does that extend to level 6 language proficiency or should I send proof of that sa well? The website suggests I should.

Off tomorrow to get my friendly local examiner to sign the 'certified copies'.

Whopity
5th Jan 2016, 22:02
Does that extend to level 6 language proficiency or should I send proof of that sa well? The website suggests I should.Most UK pilots will have been given Level 6 on a Prof Check or a revalidation sign-up and anyone who has taken a RTF practical test since 2006 should have been signed off. The trouble is Gatwick can't be bothered to look for it and many people have been asked for further proof so a SRG1199 signed off might be a good idea.

Airlinepilot1687
7th Jan 2016, 16:25
I renewed my SEP rating including night qualification last year and converted it to EASA at the same time. One thing I couldn't advise enough is to give the CAA a call at Gatwick. They are really helpful and answered all my queries regarding English Language Level, converting to EASA and the correct forms and monies to include. It mad my life so much easier than trying to search forums for the answers as there are so many views on what to do and not to. Just a bit of friendly advice to a fellow pilot. Hope you get sorted soon.

tmmorris
8th Jan 2016, 09:24
Thanks - good advice but I've posted it now! Fingers crossed therefore.