PDA

View Full Version : A320 OEI minimum acceleration altitude

Flyman35
14th Dec 2015, 13:38
Dear fellow pilots,

In our OM(A) it is specified that minimum acceleration altitude is 800 feet AGL,
and in LPC we get sometimes a lower value for example 527 feet,one of the instructors I met suggested to add the airport elevation to the minimum acceleration altitude,I would like to know what other airlines say about it,do you change it depending on the airport ,what factors affecting it and what is the best rule of thumb if any?

I-2021
15th Dec 2015, 05:05
Dear fellow pilots,

In our OM(A) it is specified that minimum acceleration altitude is 800 feet AGL,
and in LPC we get sometimes a lower value for example 527 feet,one of the instructors I met suggested to add the airport elevation to the minimum acceleration altitude,I would like to know what other airlines say about it,do you change it depending on the airport ,what factors affecting it and what is the best rule of thumb if any?

Hi Flyman,

The LPC specifies the OEI minimum and maximum acceleration altitudes for the applicable airport based on the different regulations regarding takeoff obstacle clearance, segment certification, 10 min of take off thrust, etc.. As your Operator has specified a minimum acceleration altitude of 800 ft AGL this is what they expect you to comply with. There is no rule of thumb, just follow your Ops procedures. In my current Operator we do have 1000 ft AGL as a minimum acceleration altitude (except for some terrain critical / CAT C airports where it can be different) and in my previous one we had 1500 ft AGL, it just varies according to your Company procedures.