PDA

View Full Version : EK Resignation Tips

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

PPRuNeUser0215
13th Sep 2016, 08:31
Not sure if it has been mentioned before but once you resign, whilst still entitled to staff travel, you will need to go to HQ to pay for your EK tickets. This is well known however if you are wondering what happens to OAL bookings here it is.
The payment is taken from your credit card so no need to run to HQ and more importantly if during your last 3 months, you happen to be away on days off, wanting to
come back but with no seats on EK, you can still enjoy a better fare than having to pay in full.

rubymurray
13th Sep 2016, 10:53
If you use myidtravel to book oal tickets then yep can use credit card to pay. We booked 3hrs before departure, no problems at all. If, however, the airline you wish to use doesn't appear on myidtravel but is on the oal list in trips then there is no option to use credit card. I believe you can still book tickets through trips but it has to be approved by an office minion. Unfortunately there were none in the office over eid when I needed them 😡

Dropp the Pilot
13th Sep 2016, 23:31
Been out for some time now and just looked on the staff travel website as a retiree. It's all as advertised, offering EK subload and firm tickets per my entitlements.

Two questions:

-At some stage does that website open up access to Zeds? When? At a certain age?

-At some stage do I get a card identifying me as retired staff? It seems it would be useful with hotels, car rentals, etc.

DtP

777boyo
14th Sep 2016, 00:31
Dropp,

Its also been a while since I baled out, but I believe that the the Retired Staff ID card is issued when you hit "Normal Retirement Age", which for those of us who joined many years ago was 60;I seem to recall that it was subsequently changed to 65 at some stage, but I'm open to correction about that.

I don't want to put a dampener on your expectations of hotel discounts, but I've yet to find a hotel or major hotel chain which will give the travel industry discount with a "Retired Staff" ID. I've tried most of the majors - Sheraton, Hilton, Marriott, Intercon etc with no luck. In one case (Hyatt in Melbourne), the reservations agent on the phone gave us the discounted rate, but the Receptionist on check-in called the Duty Manager when she saw "Retired" in big letters on the ID card and he politely refused it - current staff only eligible, which is the usual response. We had to pay the best available public rate. I'd be very interested to hear other retirees experience with this.

Never tried it for car rental. It does work very well in getting sometimes huge discounts for cruises - visit dargal.com or vacationstogo.com , both of which also offer limited hotel discount deals to retired staff, but these tend to be north America resort oriented in my experience - Mexico, Vegas etc

The ZED Fares access kicks in after reaching both normal Retirement Age and the anniversary of date of leaving, if I remember correctly. Its all in the staff Travel Manual somewhere - maybe a buddy still in EK could look it up for you to get chapter and verse.

7B

PPRuNeUser0215
15th Sep 2016, 09:37
Does anyone know if when you are filling the " Manage Leaving Process " application, the part requiring to submit a quote for your cargo, requires you to submit the quote from the company you will be using on the day ?

My thinking being that perhaps I will happy with one quote but later on, find a better company to deliver my goods. I am thinking of looking abroad in fact ( with a local partnership ).

Thanks

Pilot_Recruit
15th Sep 2016, 10:50
From what I understand it's not critical to put the company you will eventually use. There are parts of the form that must be filled out before submission, like repatriation date and cargo company, but I spoke to my coordinator and she said those can be amended afterwards.

PPRuNeUser0215
15th Sep 2016, 16:33
From what I understand it's not critical to put the company you will eventually use. There are parts of the form that must be filled out before submission, like repatriation date and cargo company, but I spoke to my coordinator and she said those can be amended afterwards.

Cheers.
Coordinator... I am not used to it yet 😀😀😀.

nolimitholdem
15th Sep 2016, 18:50
I believe the reason for the spot on the webpage to submit the quote is if you are trying to obtain an advance on the repatriation allowance. Otherwise you can submit the final invoice later - which actually works better since you'll have the final amount not an estimate. As mentioned it doesn't really matter which company it is as long as it is a legitimate invoice and within the allowable limit, which varies depending on where you're repatriating to (the entitlements per region are in the Staff Travel Manual, not the Employee Handbook).

I had the full amount reimbursed on my final pay, no issue.

CAT3A
16th Sep 2016, 06:19
You can use one of the companies approved by EK and they will pay them directly-even easier.

When you have the final quote you upload it and you get an approval within the same day

FcU
16th Sep 2016, 07:44
JNPS have close look at the exchange and bank transfer rates thru multiple currencies. Your plan looks like at least a 3-4% haircut depending on bank rate. The banks do not give the best rates and never send money from Friday to Sunday as that will cost you an additional 1-2%. They use a lower rate to protect themselves in case of currency drop when they are on the golf course figuring how to steal more money.

olster
16th Sep 2016, 11:15
The retention money plus outstanding money - that included the 2015-16 profit share was all paid out to me as advertised. They state 10 weeks for the payment and that is exactly what happened in the interest of fairness. I did prompt the recruitment coordinator but they were on the ball and certainly no issue at all.

CAT3A
16th Sep 2016, 16:18
Thanks for the information Olster.

Am getting close to 8 weeks since I left and still waiting for the retention money plus last 2 months of provident fund contributions.

In fairness they said 8 to 10 weeks and everything else was OK with my exit.

bittersweetheart
16th Sep 2016, 17:26
Just short of 10 weeks before I got my retention...

777GE90
16th Sep 2016, 19:54
Wow, this thread really shocks me. I recently graduated from university and if someone was to ask me "What would be your dream job?" my answer, without hesitation would be a "Emirates 777 pilot" and I've given the same response for the past decade in my life.

It really shocks me that this thread even exists, I can't seem to understand why so many people would want to leave. Anyone care to explain? :(. Also, how did you go abouts getting into EK in the first place, I've been looking for years but it has always seemed EK require qualified pilots with a lot of real jet flying experience to even be considered (unless you are a UAE national).

sluggums
17th Sep 2016, 17:38
Oh for goodness sake, read the rest of the thread pages if you want to know why people are leaving.... It's not rocket science.

CAT3A
17th Sep 2016, 19:31
Thanks bittersweethart

FHG
21st Sep 2016, 14:19
Has anyone left lately with an outstanding personal loan, and if so did you have to leave your provident fund in the bank. Will be leaving in a couple of months.
Thanks guys

SOPS
21st Sep 2016, 14:21
777GE90, they really must close Costa.

ExDubai
21st Sep 2016, 15:26
Closing Costa would be the final abandon the ship call...

CAT3A
15th Oct 2016, 15:50
Finally I got my retention money on week number 11 !!!

GoreTex
15th Oct 2016, 17:13
5 months later I still have no retention money, they said they transferred it 3 months ago and don't answer my emails. don't know what to do, I never got it

donpizmeov
22nd Nov 2016, 14:26
Back to the top.

PPRuNeUser0215
1st Dec 2016, 22:55
My lessons for those who will leave which excludes the whingers whom for the past ten years have been spreading the idea that if you don't go to a roster forum or send an email to fleet, it's your fault if nothing changes. Well guess what ? It is not.. EK is the only one responsible for this mess. .
Not the pilots putting up with the Fxxx ups and idiocy. Think the beaten up wife syndrome. Go to a meeting with the head pilot honcho and all will become clear. You will want to leave even sooner.

So.....
- Smooth process
- Plenty of time to get it all done, specially if your wife is here whilst you are at work.
- Sell your car early. These days, the used market is sluggish so you won't get much for it. Better advertising it early so you can hit the best price sooner.
- staff travel valid up to one month after you resign ( SRC longer )
- Cargo is very easy to use. 600kgs or 4 times 150 per year. Use it early so you get everything shipped home including your removal at the lowest cost.
- Emirates NBD... if you need a clearance letter, it takes 10 days and costs 100AED. It took 5 minutes with HSBC at zero cost.
- Criminal report check. Easy, 220 AED ( I went to Al Qiyada, literally 20 m from the metro station )
- EOS team very good. Shame they are not running EK
- you won't regret it.

Mr Good Cat
1st Dec 2016, 23:38
Seems TCAS will now be offering resignation tips too.

Will he get his retention money though?

GoreTex
2nd Dec 2016, 02:39
They always ignored my emails until I cc to Mueller, had an answer within 2 hours.
they transferred it the next day, not all of it, they deducted 14k by mistake, another email to Mueller fixed it. They are just a bunch of aholes, can't believe I worked for them so long

Mr Good Cat
2nd Dec 2016, 06:12
They always ignored my emails until I cc to Mueller, had an answer within 2 hours.
they transferred it the next day, not all of it, they deducted 14k by mistake, another email to Mueller fixed it. They are just a bunch of aholes, can't believe I worked for them so long

Glad you got it sorted. Most would have given up and written it off.

Kapitanleutnant
3rd Dec 2016, 05:30
Good Cat... That is EXACTLY what EK was hoping for and why, IMO, they delay, delay, delay on all things... such as paying back any medical expenses incurred you are trying to recover.

Their philosophy is simply to make is soon complex and complicated that the employee will simply give up as it's not worth the aggravation..... And sadly, it works most of the time!!

Glad to be gone!

Kap

PS... It would appear a CC to Herr Mueller seems to be the ONLY way to get things done. If he gets enough of these, maybe he will put 2+2 together and understand the total frustration of the EK pilot in this regard.

donpizmeov
3rd Dec 2016, 05:37
Mueller is here for the business and does not care about the employee. Employees are but a smudge on the liability column of the spreadsheet.

Kapitanleutnant
3rd Dec 2016, 05:48
Disagree on this one, Don.

Why after Goretex's several futile attempts of communicating to the appropriate department on his rightful earnings to be returned did it take only 1 email to Mueller and ...... Voila. DONE!

Seems to me if he hadn't CC'd Mueller, he's still not have his rightful earnings.

To me, that's not a guy who "does not care about the employee".

Kap

donpizmeov
3rd Dec 2016, 06:00
Not sure the grade 8s that have been shown the door would necessarily agree with you Kap. The muppets above them continue on as before.
The only way to get things done here is to cc the higher ups. Its the only motivation that desk dwellers seem to understand.
Glad it worked out Goretex. Appalling that you had to put soo much effort to retrieve what was yours.

777boyindubai
3rd Dec 2016, 06:46
Don (as usual) is correct. There were two occasions that I had to go upstairs. On both occasions it was sorted. Once with a "yes why he didn't allow this, it is in the HR manual? Mail him and cc me. You can go" So I did. It got done. The dishonest muppets hang on to power by trying to justify themselves by pulling dodgy stunts. More redundancies to come. By the time the VP lot start being canned it will be too late. Lattes at dawn...

GoreTex
3rd Dec 2016, 21:58
I am sure Mueller doesnt care but the guy who ignored my emails for 6 months got scared that he will be made redundant, my advice if you ever want something done in EK cc it to several people but be careful when you still work for them, the chief pilot A380 was ignoring my emails and then I went above him, it was all resolved and good for me but of course I received a phone call from him and he told me that I have to contact him first before I write to his boss, obviously I couldn't care less.

GoreTex
3rd Dec 2016, 22:02
One more thing when I left they wanted to deduct 5000 for a phone number I never had, they showed me a letter that I got this number 98 or 97, I told them that at that time I wasn't even in the company yet, the answer was sorry captain but I have to deduct it anyway, what to do, after screaming a bit I went to HR and they didn't deduct anything for that. You have to fight for everything with these guys

Dropp the Pilot
3rd Dec 2016, 23:32
All my dealings with the End of Service team were absolutely outstanding. It didn't even feel like the same company. They were efficient, concerned, responsive and anticipatory. In all my years at the Emirates I never once saw an instance where a department was aware of problems that could arise, briefed them and mitigated them but here when I was leaving I enter this world of wonders.

A high was reached when through no fault from the EOS team my bank screwed up my mid-seven-figures provident fund transfer from the trustees to my Dubai bank account. This was of course on a Thursday afternoon. The team had a cheque re-issued immediately and one of them personally ran that new cheque down to my bank and deposited it before close of business. Does this sound like the Emirates you know?

Now on to the low. Months after leaving I get a stroppy Hinglish email from payroll informing me that they will be keeping all of my (aptly-named) retention money and further they would like 9000 dirhams from me in settlement of a miscalculation in vacation days. I emailed back and reminded them that I and they had signed a document before I left entitled "Final Settlement", emphasis on the adjective, and that I had no intention of re-opening the matter. Nothing more was heard but my retention money was...... retained.

I hear of this more often than not. The amount isn't that large. I would have paid much more willingly just to never, ever, hear from them again.

Cantbebothered
6th Dec 2016, 03:38
"Hinglish" Hehehe!!!:ok:;) :)

flyer19832007
7th Dec 2016, 09:40
Folks who would you put down as an Airline "reference" at EK for another airline to contact? I know they don't give references but just need someone who they can contact to prove I was here!

Kapitanleutnant
7th Dec 2016, 12:42
Or...

If you have a TRE colleague you know and have flown with or even a CRM instructor you know/have flown with. Those are good bets as well.

flyer19832007
7th Dec 2016, 14:20
Cheers gents...... appreciate it.

shakealeg
8th Dec 2016, 11:27
Is there an optimum day of the month to leave with regard to retention pay and accommodation allowance?

PPRuNeUser0215
8th Dec 2016, 13:55
Is there an optimum day of the month to leave with regard to retention pay and accommodation allowance?

My last day was within the 1st third of the month and that meant I did not receive my November salary until the final settlement.
Something which might surprise some, particularly the cash strapped ones.

movingonup
10th Dec 2016, 04:29
I know there are a lot of Aussies on here, and this is largely directed to you guys.

Im planning on moving back to Australia in the coming months and I'm trying to find out how to get my money back without it being taxed. Ive tried to do my research but I'm still unsure if Im subject to it being taxed on this if Ive lived in Dubai for 5 years.

Can I just send it all in 1 lump sum and no dramas or do I need to be more creative? Can anyone give me some advice on this?

Band a Lot
11th Dec 2016, 00:19
If you are a non-resident of Australia for "tax purposes" there is no tax payable in Australia.

5 years away and if you don't own a house in Australia, you would be classified as a non-resident.

https://www.ato.gov.au/law/view/document?DocID=ITR/IT2650/NAT/ATO/00001&PiT=99991231235958

clear to land
11th Dec 2016, 10:35
What professional advice did you get before you left? Hopefully you:
1. Handed back your Medicare card?
2. Removed yourself from electoral Roll (and have not voted since), and
After you left for that FY file a 'Final Tax return'? These are the things necessary to be a 'non-resident for tax purposes'.

If so you have no issues. If you didn't and used your Medicare card since then you are partially liable at least-same with voting. They are privileges reserved for taxpayers. If you had income from property in Aus, you need to have filed a return-or may be subject to a fine. Having said that it is possible to file a number of years of returns at once (I did 7) through an accountant (I used SMATS and was impressed with their knowledge/service). Also you may be eligible for tax credits on return if you did have an investment property/ties-basically negative gearing against future income in Aus.

Band a Lot
11th Dec 2016, 11:35
clear to land

Rubbish!!!!!

read my link, I was a non resident for around 8-9 years and did not do your 1 or 2 points.

It has jack to do with Medicare (a citizenship issue not a resident one) or if you vote or not being a citizen.

It is solely if you are a "resident for tax purposes" if you pay tax or not.

Band a Lot
11th Dec 2016, 11:46
2 examples from Australian Tax Office.

neither Medicare or voting a factor.

32. A person who had just completed tertiary studies decided to leave Australia for an unspecified period of time to work in one overseas country to gain work experience. Before leaving she closed all bank accounts except for a 5-year interest bearing deposit. She had no established home in Australia and no spouse or children in Australia. While she was forced to return to Australia within 18 months due to an illness, she was considered to be a non-resident as it was her original intention to remain outside Australia for an unspecified period of time and she was considered to have a permanent place of abode in the overseas country.
Result: non-resident.

The opposite conclusion would have been reached if she had intended to (and did) spend one year each in 2 countries and then had travelled for a further period of one year, making do in temporary or transitory accommodation in each country as she went. In that case she would not have a permanent place of abode in any of the overseas countries and would continue to be a resident of Australia.
Result: resident during the 3-year overseas stay.

clear to land
11th Dec 2016, 12:50
Read what I wrote again: if you didn't hand back your Medicare card then you better not have used it. Note: the points I supplied are the professional advice I received >10 years ago. Rules may have changed-which is why I said get professional advice. I guarantee that the ATO will take a dim view of using Medicare services as a non-resident for tax purposes-which is unrelated to citizenship, and purely a financial instrument.

Band a Lot
11th Dec 2016, 13:07
Rubbish again. We have reciprocal with many countries as far as medical.

Don't guarantee just supply the link!!

Tax has NOTHING to do with citizenship - Nothing.

Yep just checked my link is from ATO.GOV.AU website, your pro advise cost how much?

Band a Lot
11th Dec 2016, 13:20
If you wish good advise on relocation back to Australia ask here including taxes.

They have several Registered Migration Agents that often comment + others including a person that works for or in the ATO. A RMA is similar to a Lawyer in qualifications but has more respect!

Visas and immigration - Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)

AIRBUS332
12th Dec 2016, 03:11
Any information on leaving with outstanding loan? Is provident fund available to use?

Band a Lot
12th Dec 2016, 10:47
Care to Clear up if it is Clear To Land by post of a link? or a retraction is also ok.

But I really want to see your link, or know the company that conned you for your paid advice.

donpizmeov
12th Dec 2016, 10:57
Not many friends hey band a lot.
Movingonup,
I am with clear to land. There was a good dude in Singas that looked after oz expats. Can't find his details, perhaps Google. All the best with the move.

sealear
12th Dec 2016, 18:30
Stick to the facts about overseas taxation in Australia, or seek professional advice if you don't know. Being a non resident is on a case by case basis. As long as you have a permanent overseas address, only travel to Australia for leisure purposes once or twice a year, don't have wife/kids etc here you will be fine. You can own property, file tax returns, pay tax here on said properties, no issues. It isn't all black and white, the ATO will look at your case individually I am told.

Praise Jebus
13th Dec 2016, 14:51
Geoff at Majenda Majenda ? Australian Tax and Investment Specialists (http://www.majenda.com), he regularly visits Dubai

Sabeji
20th Dec 2016, 12:23
background check go to police HQ north side of airport. you can do online of no fingerprint needed

newscaster
21st Dec 2016, 01:04
Some EK ex-crew say they subtely try to interest them to convert to islam by taking them to visit a mosque where a convert comes and talks about their conversion inspiration, is it true?

Buford
21st Dec 2016, 09:01
If you resign on the same date as your DOH/DOJ do you still get credited your SRC tickets for the year? How long do you have to use SRC tickets once you leave? Have heard you have up to 2 years, but in the manual it says 12 months from date of issue and somebody told me you need to have them issued before you leave, although the dates can be changed later. Been here 10+ years so another Firm SRC would be a bonus.

Desertweasel
22nd Dec 2016, 12:23
If you resign on the same date as your DOH/DOJ do you still get credited your SRC tickets for the year? How long do you have to use SRC tickets once you leave? Have heard you have up to 2 years, but in the manual it says 12 months from date of issue and somebody told me you need to have them issued before you leave, although the dates can be changed later. Been here 10+ years so another Firm SRC would be a bonus.
So you can use accumulated srcs for up to a year after leaving minus at least 2 weeks processing time, those tickets are then valid for a year from the ticketing date. Can't be done through trips only by email to retirement travel concessions. Has worked ok over the last year now waiting for a batch to be issued

Mr Good Cat
22nd Dec 2016, 12:40
Some EK ex-crew say they subtely try to interest them to convert to islam by taking them to visit a mosque where a convert comes and talks about their conversion inspiration, is it true?

I think someone is pulling your leg my friend. Not sure anyone over there really wants you to convert to Islam in a city where most of the local men drink alcohol and visit prostitutes.

Have you actually been to Dubai? The level of Sharia compliance is inversely proportional to the money in your wallet, and you can buy many things over there that you wouldn't get near to in the developed world. It's very un-Islamic. That's not a criticism just an observation, one which could be aimed at all faiths and denominations... just like the high-ranking IS hate-preacher Al-Baghdadi who tried to inspire muslims living in poverty to rise up against the west, whilst at the same time sporting a nice Rolex on his wrist:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-leader-al-baghdadi-mocked-wearing-rolex-whilst-preaching-jihad-1455534

Cantbebothered
29th Dec 2016, 03:09
If you notify your manager of your intention to resign a month sooner than normal you can request flights for your next roster and be guaranteed to get it.This was the email sent to Pursers only. Does this apply to pilots too? Would be nice to have one perfect roster before leaving.

GoreTex
29th Dec 2016, 07:47
cantbebothered, thats not true for pilot because I didn't request to fly 80 hours in my last 2 weeks of employment, why would they be nice to you suddenly?

Kapitanleutnant
29th Dec 2016, 16:23
I was offered "a trip of my choice" as my last trip... but not for a whole month. Wow, is EK starting to soften up a bit? Naaahhhh...... :-)

K

sonoma
30th Dec 2016, 17:29
Mr Good Cat
"I think someone is pulling your leg my friend. Not sure anyone over there really wants you to convert to Islam in a city where most of the local men drink alcohol and visit prostitutes."

Factually incorrect Mr. Good Cat. That's a similar mindset to the MMD. It's unfair to simplify something, which for many westerners is beyond imagination, as the religion is the core of the law and the culture.
I was always surprised by how little knowledge people who lived there had of the law, and how easily they could find themselves in jail.
An important part of the religion is to convert non believers - numbers are everything and it accelerates the converter's path to paradise. Thus the law in so many of these countries, proscribing death or severe penalty for leaving the religion.
It's also incorrect to label all locals as you have. There are many who have a genuine belief in that way of life, and who don't partake in the activities you mention.
I believe new CC are still subject to a tour of the city's cultural highlights, including a visit to a mosque, where a western convert talks up the religion and suggests it strongly as a way of life. I can remember being told of this by CC. The GN newspaper used to have an annual boast of how many 'embraced' the religion. Never mentioning those forced to do so by the law as a result of marriage. This is a society, and company, in which those belonging to that religion are treated far more favourably than non believers.
I'm not arguing your other points, but it's best to be factual.

vfenext
30th Dec 2016, 18:13
Sonoma, what rock did you crawl out from? Utter and complete BS of a post.

Mr Good Cat
30th Dec 2016, 18:30
Mr Good Cat
"I think someone is pulling your leg my friend. Not sure anyone over there really wants you to convert to Islam in a city where most of the local men drink alcohol and visit prostitutes."

Factually incorrect Mr. Good Cat. That's a similar mindset to the MMD. It's unfair to simplify something, which for many westerners is beyond imagination, as the religion is the core of the law and the culture.
I was always surprised by how little knowledge people who lived there had of the law, and how easily they could find themselves in jail.
An important part of the religion is to convert non believers - numbers are everything and it accelerates the converter's path to paradise. Thus the law in so many of these countries, proscribing death or severe penalty for leaving the religion.
It's also incorrect to label all locals as you have. There are many who have a genuine belief in that way of life, and who don't partake in the activities you mention.
I believe new CC are still subject to a tour of the city's cultural highlights, including a visit to a mosque, where a western convert talks up the religion and suggests it strongly as a way of life. I can remember being told of this by CC. The GN newspaper used to have an annual boast of how many 'embraced' the religion. Never mentioning those forced to do so by the law as a result of marriage. This is a society, and company, in which those belonging to that religion are treated far more favourably than non believers.
I'm not arguing your other points, but it's best to be factual.
It's also incorrect to label all locals as you have.

I actually said most not all, but I agree it was a bit flippant so let's say a significant amount rather than most which I agree is unfair and I apologise.

where a western convert talks up the religion and suggests it strongly as a way of life

Just like anyone who has joined a club and likes to recommend it to others. Catholicism, Scientology, EPC, AmWay, The Sailing Club etc etc all do their best to sell themselves, but never seen any pressure put on others to join... Except for this one venture that promised miraculous returns on an investment of 20,000USD. I believe that a fair few CC and pilots were converted that one.

The only westerner I ever witnessed convert to Islam started wearing a Kandora and handing out warning letters from behind the desk of the CP Boeing Fleet. Think it didn't last that long before he was caught with his religious contemporaries paying for services at the York Hotel...? mmmm...

sonoma
31st Dec 2016, 17:01
Mr. Good Cat. I don't want to labour a point, which is insignificant to most people.
However, the religion in that part of the world is a state controlled entity. It is an integral part of the society - it is the legal system, and it is an effective means of controlling people. To compare it to other religions is to show it a lack of understanding. You need only look at what happens to those who try to leave it. Are you aware that you can have your jail sentence reduced and often suspended if you convert. Many of those who have worked, and still work there, can tell you of people who behave in the way you mention - booze etc., but come ramadan, they fast, abstain from carnal activities, adhere strictly to iftar timings, and play the game. Makes no moral sense to most of us, and we tend to see things morally. If you look at it through a western lens, a lot of the behaviour will never make sense - that is probably why the west will never understand their culture enough to integrate them.

Originally posted by 'vfenext'. Quote, 'Sonoma, what rock did you crawl out from? Utter and complete BS of a post.'

Your one liner was derogatory, but devoid of any factual rebuttal. Why not give a reason for your nasty remark? Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but at least have something constructive to say.
What I stated above is based on personal experience and that of people I know. Most of the ‘locals’ I worked with were lovely people and loyal to the principles of their culture. There were others from around the region with whom I worked, who followed the practices I mention above.
In free cultures we back up our positions with facts. You seem to make it a habit to be abusive to posters with whom you disagree, and usually without taking a position on the topic.

Smooth Airperator
2nd Jan 2017, 13:13
Emirates flight attendant was asked for sex in exchange for better roster

https://donotflyemirates.wordpress.com/2015/11/08/emirates-flight-attendant-was-asked-for-sex-in-exchange-for-better-roster/

Mr Good Cat
2nd Jan 2017, 15:44
I was desperate for a better roster, but no one asked me for sex.

No equal opportunities at EK.

Dropp the Pilot
10th Jan 2017, 18:26
If one leaves the company prior to "normal retirement age" the retiree TRIPS page offers SRCs only. Once one crosses normal retirement age one should expect to be able to book ZEDs. Does anyone have any experience with that transition? Does a tab making ZEDs available magically appear in TRIPS after your landmark birthday or did you have to make application in order for ZEDs to become available?

STD
17th Jan 2017, 18:41
Any advise with repatriation cargo allowance and procedure?

Brought some stuff by air +13y ago and need to take some stuff back.

Who pays for it?

Should I use discounted freight before handing in my resignation instead?

Not exactly on EK network but 30min flight time from one.

Thanks

PPRuNeUser0215
18th Jan 2017, 06:32
Any advise with repatriation cargo allowance and procedure?

Brought some stuff by air +13y ago and need to take some stuff back.

Who pays for it?

Should I use discounted freight before handing in my resignation instead?

Not exactly on EK network but 30min flight time from one.

Thanks]

You can use your EK discounted freight allowance up to one month after your last day in the company.
No need to book it before you have resigned.

springbok449
24th Jan 2017, 11:41
Quick question regarding Criminal Record Check/Letter of good conduct for UK.

Do you have have to name the organisation thats doing the background check on behalf of the airline you're joining or nominate the airline itself?

Thank you

atpcliff
24th Jan 2017, 20:23
newscaster

Sounds like "Alternative Facts" off some right wing fake news website.

Buford
1st Feb 2017, 06:50
Can anyone enlighten me on potential pitfalls of getting your provident fund check on your last day rather than having the company bank wire the money after you've left? I see that others have taken the check and cashed it at the bank in EGHQ and then wire the money themselves. I've never once cashed a check in the UAE so am unsure of the process. Can someone tell me what personal ID they'll need to see to cash a check, particularly at a bank that isn't (and never was) my own bank. I'm a little uncertain what documents I'll still have in my possession at this point in the process. I could envision a real Dubai experience of trying to cash a check using a UAE ID that I no longer possess, a passport turned in for processing, and my repatriation airplane warming up on the ramp without me in it.....

GoreTex
1st Feb 2017, 12:45
Buford,
I opened an US dollar account, took the cheque and transferred it to the account otherwise they rip you off with the exchange rate.
My redemption money I received 7 or 8 months later after a zillion of emails.

springbok449
2nd Feb 2017, 03:27
Update on the "letter of good conduct" I went to Port Rashid police station, no queues, very friendly and efficient lady, 220Aed, picture was not required as they had one on file (not sure how).
The lady said I would receive the letter via email the next day, it was in my "inbox" 2 hours later.
As simple as that...

Praise Jebus
2nd Feb 2017, 08:07
Good conduct letters can be done online as well, at least the Arabic version not sure if this is true for letters in other languages..

Whairdhugo
4th Feb 2017, 14:28
I'm sure they will, but at what rate do they charge you if you take your leave balance early in the year and then resign. I assume they'll want to be reimbursed.

STD
5th Feb 2017, 09:46
Canceling the family Visas is a most? For example EOSB/PF payout?

If leaving before the school year, can family stay behind to finish school year?

Thanks.

springbok449
5th Feb 2017, 09:58
Whairdhugo,

You must be one of the rare person to hand in your resignation with a negative leave balance ;-)
In answer to your question, I would imagine that its calculated at the same rate as cashing leave in
i.e.: basic monthly salary x 12 divided by 365 equals your daily rate x amount of days you owe them?

STD, your dependants visa are linked to your visa, if your visa is cancelled so is theirs, they would have to stay on a visit visa and do a visa run every so often...

Whairdhugo
5th Feb 2017, 20:54
Spring,

Yeh, part luck, part spite, and a dash of their "brilliance".

Thanks for the answer.

STD
24th Feb 2017, 15:26
14y and desperate, does it make any sense to wait till 15y and get "the" tickets, other airlines have staff travel so I guess I just answered my question.

Just want the opinion of the guys who left and got them or the ones who left just about and didn't get them.

Have heard that our beloved is not very good honouring the SRCs too, any experiences.

STD

flyaway777
24th Feb 2017, 16:10
14y and desperate, does it make any sense to wait till 15y and get "the" tickets, other airlines have staff travel so I guess I just answered my question.

Just want the opinion of the guys who left and got them or the ones who left just about and didn't get them.

Have heard that our beloved is not very good honouring the SRCs too, any experiences.

STD

Sorry I can't really shed any light on your exact situation but just to add another query on the same subject.

What happens to guys who stay the 15yrs but don't meet the minimum age requirement (50 I believe?) when they leave? Is it as I assume in that you are sh*t out of luck or do you get the tickets once you reach the required age?

sluggums
25th Feb 2017, 07:26
Do 15 years and leave before you get within 10 years of your nominated retirement date and you'll get 4x SRC's per year for life. 2 standby and 2 confirmed. If you leave within 10 years of your retirement date, in addition to those SRC's you'll get 8 Cat A or C tickets, plus retiree privileges on qualifying airlines when you reach said retirement age.

flyaway777
25th Feb 2017, 11:21
Ok, seems fair enough then. Thanks for the info :ok:

GoreTex
25th Feb 2017, 16:02
the tickets are not worth it at all, I have them and the seniority drops to basically zero, you wont get on, the confirmed ones you can't book because the load forecast already a few months earlier is too high, I wished I had not waited for them and left earlier. Every other airlines gives you tickets on other airlines too, in EK you get them after you turn 65 if you make it.

Cantbebothered
26th Feb 2017, 08:38
I wouldn't bank on those tickets and keep working just for it. EK has a track record of changing benefits to their liking whenever it suits them.

fliion
26th Feb 2017, 10:37
Just an FYI - if you go to TRIPS and click on the tab in options box at bottom - OTHER AIRLINE INFO.

At the bottom of that page click on "Ticketing Methods - Matrix Overview" - it lists every airline and shows which are ZED & which are MyIdtravel. You can click on each airline on that pop up page and it tells you what you are entitled to - retirees etc (vast majority accept retirees on MyD/ZED). Also handy for finding out if your 'target employer' is a participant.

Notably missing are the Chinese airlines & Euro ULCCs from ZED & MyID.

In other words if you're close to getting the 15 yr benefits (10 for some) with EK and are heading to China/FR/EZ etc - it might be worth stalling so as to have some industry benefits.

If going to a listed airline, makes little difference.

Open to correction

STD
26th Feb 2017, 11:20
Thanks guys ;)

STD

Dropp the Pilot
26th Feb 2017, 15:09
Filion:

Are you perhaps over 60? I left with the required service length but I am under 60. There is no "other airline info" tab that I can see anywhere on TRIPS at the moment. I can only access EK flights now but I have been given the impression that "other airline" access will appear on TRIPS once I hit 60.

This access is eagerly anticipated for the reasons you mention so it would be interesting to see if anyone here has experienced what I am describing.

fliion
26th Feb 2017, 16:05
No Dropp, under 60 and currently employed.

Interested to know if 'OAL' only kicks in when 60.

Dropp the Pilot
26th Feb 2017, 16:21
I can't tell you if it kicks in at 60 (yet) but I can tell you it isn't there once you leave if you are under 60. Watch this space.

fliion
26th Feb 2017, 16:29
Is the 'MyIDTravel' tab there - which is separate within that box?

According to Staff Travel manual section C25 you are eligible however the note on pg 6 of 14 in section 5.1 is very confusing.

Dropp the Pilot
26th Feb 2017, 20:13
No, the ZED (flyZed?) tab disappears (I believe it used to sit under "online check-in") and you have no access to anything other than LS tickets until you reach "normal retirement age". This age is different for some individuals depending on your date of joining.

clear to land
26th Feb 2017, 21:41
All relevent EK benefits apply depending on length of service 15 yrs or 10 and within 10 of your normal retirement age (60 if DOJ before Feb 07 from memory, 65 after). If you leave meeting the 15 year requirement then the OAL kicks in AT your NRA e.g. leave at 53-EK benefits only until 60, then EK and OAL. Your kids able to use EK benefits until their 23rd birthday.

fliion
27th Feb 2017, 08:56
Ok

So if you got hired after 7/2/07 & you are 15 & 55, you wait for OAL until 65.
If 10 & 50 before 7/2/07 you wait until 60.

With above, EK benefits apply with the in-between years

Fair enough?

sluggums
27th Feb 2017, 10:28
Not quite. Up to 1996'ish = 45/55. Up to 07/02/07 = 50/60, after = 55/65. I think.

Nat Track
6th Mar 2017, 06:39
I've heard that the Dubai Police 'Good Conduct Certificate' can be done in one day now. Has anyone done it at the Bur Dubai or Al Basha Police Stations rather than the Al Twar (Sharjah Road) one? Alternatively, has anyone had success with the 'on-line (http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/HowToGuide/DispForm.aspx?ID=30)' method? I'm "struggling" to find the 'MyID' login as I suspect it's an APP for mobile.

I think I've answered some of this myself: https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservices/goodconductcertificate

Let's see how this pans out.

springbok449
6th Mar 2017, 09:59
NAT,

I went to Port Rashid police station to get mine, the whole thing was done in 5 mins, very helpful lady at the desk. Cost Aed200, she said I would receive it via email the next day but I get it a couple of hours later.

Very straight forward process like pretty much the rest of the leaving process so far.

Rgds Bokkie

Crashlanding
7th Mar 2017, 04:17
Nat

I did mine online, very quick, you then get a text later saying you need to go to the nearest police station to verify identity.

Turned up at Al Barsha station just of Hessa street, got a que ticket number, and within 1 minute of seeing the guy behind the desk he says all done, you should get it in email either that day or the next.

Think it was 220 total online

Nat Track
8th Mar 2017, 15:06
Springbok/Crash,

Thanks. The Port Rashid seems like the one I should have embarked upon. The trouble really is that, from my experience here, the outcomes of almost identical processing can be very different depending on who processes you that day.

I actually did the same process as you Crash; online AED220 then to Al Basha, it being quiet in comparison with other Police Stations, and had a reassurance that the email with the letter had been sent.

Still waiting.

------------------

Ah, found out that they do not like 'To whom this may concern'. My bad.

Buford
9th Mar 2017, 06:49
Is there somewhere in cargo village we can take the pets to get checked for the right size container?

Jetkopite
9th Mar 2017, 06:53
We went to Dubai Kennel and cattery for our dog, they are taking care of everything inc measurement and making container for dog.. :-)

cost neutral
9th Mar 2017, 07:39
Bank Clearance letter if you've had any loans.
In the leaving checklist it says you need one but doesn't stipulate any terms.
If you go to your bank they will give you a " no liability " letter. But make sure it has your primary account number you have registered with EK in IBAN format in the body of the letter or They won't accept it back in ESC .
I found out the hard way !!

Whairdhugo
9th Mar 2017, 14:04
Is it possible to use the provident fund to cover any outstanding loan balance? As I read through this thread I get the impression you need a letter from the bank saying you're all clear before they will disburse your provident funds.

Can anyone pm me with the leaving checklist?

springbok449
9th Mar 2017, 14:49
I am taking a guess that it would have to be on a case by case basis, I know that a few years ago, a pretty senior captain tried to avail his provident fund to help pay his dads medical expenses only to be told that the only way to get the fund was by resigning from the company, which he did...
Things may have changed now though.

harry the cod
9th Mar 2017, 14:58
springbok449

Things haven't changed. You can access all or part of your Provident C fund anytime but not the A & B. Otherwise, some might withdraw the funds and a year later, leave and request the EOSB as their depleted provident fund is of a lower value.

Harry

Nat Track
13th Mar 2017, 12:19
Whairdhugo

List sent, hope it's useful.

Whairdhugo
14th Mar 2017, 10:59
Many thanks Nat Track!! :ok:

Uplink
15th Mar 2017, 02:45
Is there somewhere in cargo village we can take the pets to get checked for the right size container?

I am hearing a few things from guys who have now left with reference to pets. I will be soon in this position shortly. For pet carriers, I have been advised to go to major pet stores. Look also on Dubizle as we found a pet carrier there for our dog for half the price. One pet store is up Hessa street at the top. A pain to get to, but they measure up for the pet too.

Here is the fun part, I have spoken to 3 guys who recently left and they all said the same. You will purchase your pet container and then measure and weigh the item. It will most likely go on volumetric weight. Having put the measurements and weight into the pet shipping section of staff travel, you receive a quote. Make a note of this with a screen shot. You will take the pet to cargo village to get a fit to travel from the vet section there, having already obtained a certificate from your personal vet too. That from what i understand is relatively pain free. This should be done a day or two prior to travel but no earlier as the certificate has a validity.

On the day of travel, when you are dropping your pet off, you go back into EK cargo. You will find the price will have doubled and no one really knows why. They have you against the ropes at this point as you want your pet to travel. All the guys I have spoken with, were quoted initially around 1500-1800 dhs. They ended up paying on the day of travel 4000 dhs plus. there is only one word for this....Shysters...

Here is the next part. When you go down to say goodbye to Rover, the vet on duty will tell you that the expensive water bottle you have bought isn't sufficient, so you need to purchase one of their water holders which they attach to your pooch's kennel. EK again ripping off their staff. Don't you just love them!

Buford
15th Mar 2017, 03:45
We have just booked our dog as excess baggage. Not all routes allow it but ours does. Much simpler and a flat rate, all done over the phone with Emirates once you have your repatriation ticket in hand. USD$650 for our dog and take him straight to the airport in his container.

https://www.emirates.com/english/help/faq/544304/what-are-the-rules-and-charges-for-travelling-with-animals

Buford
15th Mar 2017, 03:53
Here's one we weren't prepared for. As part of the leaving process you have two accommodation walkarounds; one for them to 'quote' you on work you need to get done, and another final right before you hand over your keys. At the first one they say you're welcome to get the work done yourself (which we were in the process of doing, painter was there). What they don't tell you is that their 'quote' is actually your retention money! So, despite the fact that by the second walk around our work will be completed they will still hold onto their 'quote' until 8 weeks after you leave. So a simple and fair 2000dh retention amount is suddenly 6000-7000dh. It's the lack of transparency that is frustrating. If this was clear to us we'd have made sure to get the villa painted before the first walk around.

keepitrealok
15th Mar 2017, 04:47
Buford, how long have you been in EK? I ask as I believe every 5 years (it used to be 4) you are entitled to a repaint of the interior of the villa. So if you have been over 5 years and haven't had it repainted do they still charge you to do so when you leave?

Buford
15th Mar 2017, 04:50
They'll only repaint your walls if it's still the original color. Ours weren't. Another thing we didn't realize at the time otherwise we may have just left them as is.

Buford
15th Mar 2017, 07:34
Nearing the end and about to sell the 2nd car, where's the best place for cheap car rental?

BobDole
15th Mar 2017, 10:42
Thrifty has pretty good rates for the EK Platinum card in my experience, especially if you rent "by the month" vs "daily".

cost neutral
15th Mar 2017, 10:46
I can second Thrifty as a good choice. Platinum card discount. Hassle free really, which is nice for a change

Dropp the Pilot
15th Mar 2017, 15:27
We had an absolutely seamless and highly professional service provided by the British Veterinary hospital on Al Wasl Road. I think there was also a price reduction for EK staff. The chap's name is Pushkal.

STD
15th Mar 2017, 16:15
If I resign giving the 3 months notice, will they take my assigned leave away? Prefer to enjoy my 30
days whilst doing the notice.

Thanks.

springbok449
15th Mar 2017, 16:29
No they shouldn't do, they didn't with me...

cost neutral
15th Mar 2017, 17:15
I had 3 weeks during my notice period. Enjoyed them !
And so should you .

Joker11
15th Mar 2017, 22:13
Once you resign will they issue your exit ticket to your country of origin or the country you are moving to?

JNPS
16th Mar 2017, 08:29
You select this on your leavers form.

Joker11
16th Mar 2017, 09:53
Thank you very much!

STD
16th Mar 2017, 16:45
Thanks guys.

Airbuspilot72
17th Mar 2017, 13:04
I feel like crying every day. It has been my worst decision of life. I gave up my left seat came here and now I count every single day. I am a slave in this golden cage all around me. I don't want to pay these habibis a single penny. That's why just waiting to finish my bond.

It's a very good thread with lot of information. Though I still have one year to complete my bond but I have already started planning my exit. Have closed my credit cards. Down to a single CC with bare minimum limit. Have disposed off my expensive car and have bought a small used car.

Counting each day. It feels like episode of "LOCKED UP ABROAD"

Good luck and congratulations to guys who are about to leave.

Freedom and happiness are more important in life

Buford
15th Apr 2017, 16:09
Big tip: stay in Dubai a few days after you get your Provident fund check and make sure the whole of your account balance makes it out of the UAE. I'm currently dealing with a nightmare situation whereby we've repatriated and most of my money is stuck in my HSBC account in Dubai. My electronic banking fob died a few days after arriving so I have zero access to my account. Dealing with HSBC UAE is exactly what you can imagine it is - an utter disaster. Apparently they don't have the technology to update my new details in the system & Fedex me a new fob...I need to go to an HSBC branch in Dubai for that...surprise, surprise!

nolimitholdem
15th Apr 2017, 19:04
Sorry for your problems buford, but I would never, ever use one of the banks for transfers. Always used exchange houses which gave better rates/fees and results.

But you don't get your Provident money before you leave anyway. That comes later. Perhaps you are referring to your final pay? That is indeed a cheque. In my case I cashed it at Emirates NBD at EGHQ and took it directly to Rostamani and wired it to my offshore account.

Three weeks later my Provident fund arrived via wire transfer to the same account.

No issues.

Buford
15th Apr 2017, 20:03
Provident fund was all part of final check given by Emirates. Only money kept was retention money. Pretty sure everyone would be staying at EK if they were paid what I was handed my final day. Your circumstances were obviously different.

nolimitholdem
15th Apr 2017, 21:40
You're correct, my circumstances were different - by the time I received my final pay, I had closed any bank accounts in Dubai. So cashing my final pay and wiring it independently was the only option and it worked well. I wasn't worried about my Provident, and it showed up less than three weeks after my final day. The retention money came shortly thereafter.

And yes, HSBC is an utter, complete nightmare. Hope you get it sorted.

But I wouldn't have stayed at EK for any amount of money offered.

The Outlaw
16th Apr 2017, 05:20
Nolimit,

Did you choose the option where your provident fund was wired to your home country directly by the company? Many of us can't use that option as we would be considered re-patriated and resident before the provident fund arrived making it subject to tax. What is the best way to get all money back to the home country (with perhaps the exception of the retention money) before you leave the UAE?

JNPS
16th Apr 2017, 09:23
An electronic funds transfer done the day of receiving your money, which includes the provident fund in dhs., will arrive in your account the next business day. ( At least in my Country). Upon confirmation, jump on the next flight home, voila, no taxes!

flareflyer
16th Apr 2017, 12:54
JNPS after how many days will you receive the PF money?
I mean after how many days after your last day of duty.
I am trying to understand what is the best option to swnd back that money to europe

Buford
16th Apr 2017, 17:06
My main advice here, if you're sending it from Dubai, is to stick around an extra couple of days to make sure it reaches your home country...wherever that may be.

eagleflight
16th Apr 2017, 18:19
...Upon confirmation, jump on the next flight home, voila, no taxes!

In some European countries you are not taxable on your Provident Fund (or ESB etc) if you return after the 185th day of the year.
Therefore, if you return say July 15th or later, there should be no problems.
I suggest, however, to get advice from a tax lawyer.

JNPS
17th Apr 2017, 05:08
Ff,
If you choose to receive your Provident Fund in dirhams, it is given to you on your last day in office in the form of a cash cheque, by approx. 13:00hrs. This can be deposited immediately, with no hold on the funds and transferred out same day.

BANANASBANANAS
17th Apr 2017, 07:16
Am I right in thinking that for non US citizens with an offshore US$ account, the full declared value of the Prov Fund can be deposited in US$ into your personal offshore US$ account and you can then do what you wish with it from there?

The Outlaw
17th Apr 2017, 09:02
Thanks for the info, that helps.

Buford
18th Apr 2017, 00:49
Make sure if you go via your bank that your transfer limit per day is at max allowable. Turns out that's 500k dh per day. Despite telling HSBC approx how much we were transferring, not one employee told us we had a max limit of 180k dh per day. We only discovered that once we left Dubai and, guess what? We tried increasing it online before our banking fob died but apparently that needs to be done in person...in Dubai!

GoreTex
18th Apr 2017, 01:56
had the same happening to me, had to transfer in little chunks and they always made money on every transaction

The Outlaw
18th Apr 2017, 02:11
Buford,

Good info to know. I use HSBC too and find them to be challenging at the best of times. I have tried to make transfers with them in the past where I went into the branch to fill out the papers in person, gave them my bank details, passport to copy, sat with one of their reps-just did everything right. Then some days later when the money didn't arrive, I went into the bank again, spoke to a customer rep, spent a long time tracking it down only to find out that the transfer had been stopped at head office because they wanted to know what the reason for the transfer was even though that was written on the transfer order.:ugh: I suspect they actually lost the transfer order.

I would not use HSBC for just that reason. I think Al Rostamani has a better reputation and gives a better rate. Might be worth setting up an account with them and do a few trial transfers.

One last bit that crossed my mind was perhaps transferring all the "C" account out first, making the "A+B" amounts as small as possible.

5star
18th Apr 2017, 03:04
guys,
wire the AEDs straight to a currency agency overseas (I use UK and u have to set up an account first) and agree a deal with them on the exchange rate the day it fits you best. On big amounts you will save HEAPS.

nolimitholdem
18th Apr 2017, 05:40
Am I right in thinking that for non US citizens with an offshore US$ account, the full declared value of the Prov Fund can be deposited in US$ into your personal offshore US$ account and you can then do what you wish with it from there?

That's exactly what I did. So, yes. And actually US citizens can do the same, if they can find an offshore bank that will accept "US Persons" as clients! Most will not anymore, thanks to the FATCA overreach. So I did not have any transfer fees, limits, or exchange issues whatsoever.

Nolimit,

Did you choose the option where your provident fund was wired to your home country directly by the company? Many of us can't use that option as we would be considered re-patriated and resident before the provident fund arrived making it subject to tax. What is the best way to get all money back to the home country (with perhaps the exception of the retention money) before you leave the UAE?

As above, yes to having the provident fund wired directly, no, not to my home country. In my case I didn't return to my home country, so the repatriation issue was moot. I know the issue you mention though, the tax advisors I spoke to said that it really depends on the country you are repatriating to. Some will allow you to have the money follow you tax-free IF you declare it at the time you officially repatriate (similar to your household "goods-to-follow"). If not, another option is to take a little vacation in a third country while the transfer goes through. I believe you are referring to Canada - I know some Canadians spend time in the US before heading back to Canada for just this reason.

Or, languish in Dubai fighting with HSBC. I know which option I'd prefer.

Above all, obtain advice from a professional with experience specific to your country and situation.

Fellowship of the drink
18th Apr 2017, 06:57
Can someone recommend a good offshore bank? One they have dealt with and had good experiences with?

DJM1209
20th Apr 2017, 18:22
Probably already mentioned in previous posts.
I'm in the process of leaving the unmentionable outfit down in OMAA and was wondering if anyone had any info on shipping household items back to Aust?
Looking specifically at shipping containers. ( companies, costs, horror stories).
Cheers.

Buford
9th May 2017, 04:29
Can highly recommend Santa Fe movers. Dennis and his team did an amazing job packing, while Paul Stephen was spot-on with his quote. Our stuff arrived last week in perfect condition.

Cantbebothered
9th May 2017, 07:17
Allied Pickford
DASA
Move One
Moveworks
Santa Fe

All good companies with good reputations.

GoreTex
9th May 2017, 15:04
if you actually want to make money on your move send me a PM

gtaflyer
10th May 2017, 08:09
Hi guys please see my earlier post as this is almost what happened to me when sending car and furniture to Europe.

perthbound
10th May 2017, 09:41
I know it is possible to withdraw funds from the C fund at anytime just by giving some notice, but here is my question....

Is it possible to have those funds handed over in the form of a paper cheque and then go to NBD and cash it for cash on the spot?
I prefer to have cash in hand rather than running a good portion my the prov fund through some bank account thus leaving a paper trail.

TOGA!
10th May 2017, 11:41
perthbound

Email or call the guys who run the fund. They respond pretty quickly. I moved my C fund in it's entirety a few years back and left a trail, but it worked just fine. I come from a country that tracks that kind of stuff closely. I decided it was not worth the potential bad outcome. good luck.

STD
13th May 2017, 01:33
Can ALT be used after leaving the company if they were issued before leaving?

Say issued now, leave during summer and use the ALT in winter?

Thanks

Cantbebothered
13th May 2017, 04:45
had the same happening to me, had to transfer in little chunks and they always made money on every transaction

Never send large amounts of your money home through a bank...even Al Ansari and Western Union have better rates and fees than any of the banks here. Plenty people use currencyfair.com as well among various others. Shop around but stay away from banks.

Buford
13th May 2017, 11:24
ALT can only be used within 30 days of last day of service. Same with any Cat A or Cat C tickets issued prior to leaving. Only ones valid longer are SRC and they can be booked within one year of leaving, used within one year of booking. (Not including any retirement benefit tickets in this, didn't apply to me so don't know about those)

STD
14th May 2017, 02:43
Thanks Buford, what about the interline ZED fare tickets?

Same 30 days apply or 3 months of issue? (Issued just before leaving?)

Do SRCs once resigned can start from EU transit "the hub" go to Asia and Back? (Currently not allowed to pass twice over "the hub" as based here, will it count as one or two SRCs?)

Any experiences?

Thanks again.

Straight & Level
11th Jun 2017, 08:07
We went to Dubai Kennel and cattery for our dog, they are taking care of everything inc measurement and making container for dog.. :-)

Posting to keep this thread fresh, but also to say that we are shipping our Furry Friend home using DKC: they really do know what they're doing and it's a load off our plate, BUT you pay heavily for the service. They quoted us over AED600 for the IATA approved crate, but we've just bought the identical model from dubaipetfood.com for a quarter of that cost. This website also delivers and gave us an Emirates Platinum discount. Every little helps! :ok:

WakeTurb_69
12th Jun 2017, 07:53
I sent my dog home recently also. I managed it myself and found it very easy. Saved heaps on the DKC fee. It requires one trip to Cargo village before hand. The vet staff there are are very helpful and sort you out.

Straight & Level
21st Jun 2017, 06:13
Does anyone have the definitive answer about when your resignation is accepted from? For example, if you were to resign over this long Eid weekend would your resignation date be the date you send the email OR the date the office staff finally go back to their desk and read/acknowledge it? That could be a difference of three or four days and I have a fixed day I need to leave dubai after the 90 day resignation period... Thanks in advance

flareflyer
21st Jun 2017, 06:40
What is the cargo allowance for the container with more than 10 years in the company?

shakealeg
21st Jun 2017, 07:12
Resign today and tell them your final date. It can be more than 90 days notice.

Straight & Level
21st Jun 2017, 08:39
Thanks buddy. That'll work nicely. :-)

lospilotos
21st Jun 2017, 14:46
What is the cargo allowance for the container with more than 10 years in the company?

Something like 40k AED. Check the Staff Travel Manual for exact figure.

flareflyer
21st Jun 2017, 14:53
Muchas gracias :)

Jet II
21st Jun 2017, 22:30
When can you get hold of your provident fund? Do you have to wait until you have resigned or can you get it before so you can start the process of exiting........

Provident fund comes through after you have left. Mine took about 4 weeks into my bank in Jersey.

Jet II
21st Jun 2017, 22:31
Does anyone have the definitive answer about when your resignation is accepted from? For example, if you were to resign over this long Eid weekend would your resignation date be the date you send the email OR the date the office staff finally go back to their desk and read/acknowledge it? That could be a difference of three or four days and I have a fixed day I need to leave dubai after the 90 day resignation period... Thanks in advance

Mine was 90 days from the date on my resignation letter (I didnt email anyone). But I did hand the letter in on a work day.

jack schidt
22nd Jun 2017, 05:51
Provident fund comes through after you have left. Mine took about 4 weeks into my bank in Jersey.

I have known numerous people be handed a check for the provident fund on their last day. Which account the cheque is paid into and if it would be accepted overseas is the issue?

Kapitanleutnant
22nd Jun 2017, 06:05
I was handed a check for the entire amount, literally took it to the NBD in the atrium area and cashed it, then took that to the exchange I use at the Dubai Mall and sent to my account back home. Very easy and within 2 days, had my entire amount in my home bank!!

shakealeg
28th Jun 2017, 19:02
There's 3 choices. Leave it in the fund. Take a cheque or send it to a bank of your choice.

Be careful of making your last day within 3 days of the weekend or a holiday. Payroll may not have done the needfull. Needfull = final statement. Then Hr can't or are unwilling to process your passport visa.

The police go home at 3pm so dont expect to get your clearance letter after that.

Likewise your final cheque will not be available after 3.30pm.
NBD shuts at 3pm so no cash there either.

Closing bank accounts at HSBC was simple as was HSBC card cancellations.
They don't require you to close the current account until 90 days after leaving. Gives you time for DEWA etc.

Du were a pain in the ass trying to close the account and pay. Nobody seemed to know the right thing to do.

When it comes to getting your passport back make sure everything had been returned prior to that moment or no passport return. Tablet phone sim card credit card platinum card uniform etc. Hr takes id card at the end so you have building access.

Other than that pretty much as described in the leaving notes. They must be bored with exit interviews..asked for one but never saw it.

Logbook signing by fleet sup's but only for ek hours.I just got a printout.

Daytonasuper
7th Jul 2017, 18:28
HI Everyone......leaving very soon just got a few issues with the bank accounts......getting all different and confusing information.

I bank with HSBC.

I have heard that you can leave your bank account open after you leave? Is that correct?

Do you still have access to your account and able to make transfers?

I am getting the check for everything on my last day......thought of taking it to an exchange place......but they said to transfer money with them.....you must have VALID UAE ID CARD and VALID VISA and PASSPORT. I tried explaining to them that it would be cancelled already.....they said then NO TRANSFER.

Ideas?

I guess if you keep the HSBC bank account open you can always transfer the money in $50,000 increments, as that is their daily limit....right?

Looking for ideas and experiences.

Thanks for the help.

Daytonasuper
7th Jul 2017, 18:33
If you have a Pre-paid etisalat number that you don`t have to cancel or get a clearance letter for correct?

Thanks

Jet II
7th Jul 2017, 22:14
I didnt get a clearance letter for Du and nobody asked for it.

I closed my account with HSBC before my last day and just took the final cheque downstairs in EGHQ to the bank (Emirates NBD?) and they cashed it and I left the country with $35k in my pocket.

BigGeordie
8th Jul 2017, 05:50
I don't see why you would need to close your bank account before you leave. It is possible to have a bank account in Dubai (but not a cheque book) if you are not resident.

I would suggest you keep your account open (but cancel your credit cards so you can get a no liability letter), pay the cheque in, then pop around to Al Rostamani (or other currency exchange) and write them a cheque for the transfer. Once that has cleared, close the HSBC account.

After over 10 years my provident fund is worth over 1 Million Dhs- no way do I want to carry that much cash around.

contratails
8th Jul 2017, 12:56
After your final day.
How long do you have to leave UAE/Dubai please ?
Thanks

Jet II
8th Jul 2017, 13:42
The Provident Fund transfer directly to your overseas bank anywhere in the world. The only cheques you need to collect are your last paycheck and any refunds.

nolimitholdem
8th Jul 2017, 20:21
This is correct. My own sequence was collect final cheque, cash it at Emirates NBD in atrium (only branch that will at that point) and then wire it offshore via Rostamani which had the best exchange rate to USD anyway. I was a longstanding Rostamani customer and I had the Rostamani customer ID card which negated having to present UAE ID and passport as it was already in the system - perhaps you should register for that before you turn in your passport/UAE ID for visa cancellation. Then the Provident was wired about three weeks later, in USD, to the same offshore account. I kept a couple thousand AED cash for expenses of the last couple days and then converted the residual of THAT at the airport. (As a backup I had one credit card from my home country but I didn't need it). What a good feeling to have NOTHING left in dirty-hams!

GBP/EUR PF currencies may have slightly different requirements, but I can see no need to ever cash and carry your PF balance, or retain a bank account until the very end. Unless you have a very specific reason, I personally wouldn't leave a UAE account of any kind open as a loose end, as they'd probably try and collect fees from you for something down the road, incompetent as they are. If you were transiting DXB for some reason that could be problematic.

flyer19832007
17th Jul 2017, 13:49
Can anyone advise who the clearance letters from banks are to be addressed to?

Thanks.

shakealeg
19th Jul 2017, 04:59
After your final day.
How long do you have to leave UAE/Dubai please ?
Thanks

30 days I think.

contratails
19th Jul 2017, 08:51
Thank you shake !

flareflyer
4th Aug 2017, 20:35
Hello gents.

Did some of you close any personal loan with money from the provident fund before leaving?

BLOGGSON
29th Sep 2017, 07:53
Anyone had experience or perhaps third hand knowledge of leaving to go to a Chinese carrier and being denied the required letters or documents by EK management.

givemewings
29th Sep 2017, 19:30
When HR tell you that your last salary will go into your account as normal bc you still have a salary clearance letter, they're only half wrong.

It'll go in, but the bank will hold it pending a clearance from their own collections people. So another thing to add to the list of things to do in your last few days... (ENBD)

Good luck to you all on your way out, it's a great feeling to smell the freedom 😂

fliion
30th Sep 2017, 12:12
Anyone had experience or perhaps third hand knowledge of leaving to go to a Chinese carrier and being denied the required letters or documents by EK management.

Send Wizofoz a pvt message

Straight & Level
2nd Oct 2017, 17:01
We’re happy happy happy to be out of the sandpit, and I’m pleased to report that I’ve discovered a department in EK who know what they’re doing, respond to emails/phone calls and are completely pro-active! You too will discover them upon resignation...
On a far less positive note, I would caution anyone against using allied Pickfords as a removals company. They have been an absolute disaster from start to finish and despite our container arriving in our home country 3 weeks ago, it’s still not been delivered to us and there is no confirmed date for delivery. The entire mess stems from the Dubai office who have been indescribably, laughably neglectful. Save yourself the biggest stress of your life and go with anyone else :*

dusty777
3rd Oct 2017, 09:24
STraight, What country did you go to? Im using them and just read your note..

Buford
3rd Oct 2017, 21:24
We used Santa Fe to Atlanta and can highly recommend them. Quote was spot on, delivery was spot on. Not one scratch on anything and the guys moving us in at this end were professional and also did a great job. They work directly with EK so nothing to do re. paperwork.

Straight & Level
4th Oct 2017, 13:15
STraight, What country did you go to? Im using them and just read your note..

UK. The issues all stem from the Dubai office: the pre-move visit was excellent and we were really confident going with them, but from the moment we were handed over to the 'Move Manager' things went downhill rapidly. No communication, incorrect and missing paperwork, wrong country entered on paperwork, no insurance certificate and then an incorrect insurance certificate, no paperwork issued to Pickfords in the UK...We copied the GM in on all of the emails and still nothing happened/everything went wrong, and we never once heard from the GM. The move manager even 'accidentally' closed our file on their computer system! The UK side haven't been great either, and things have become ridiculous now and we still have no shipment...

SOPS
4th Oct 2017, 15:14
I recommend Conroy Removals..excellent service from start to finish. Excellent service in Dubai...they said packing would take two days..the container departed Silicon at 5pm on day two...they gave us the arrival date in Perth...rang at 10.00 only that day to say container was in customs and they could deliver in 4 days. Made a time for delivery, arrived on the minute, all stuff was unloaded and unpacked into allocated space ( over a day and a half) packing boxes and paper removed. Not a scratch on a thing. All bills through EK, NEVER paid a cent, all contact at both ends 100 percent professional.

frenchypilot
13th Oct 2017, 06:47
Hi gents.
I have to initiate my leaving process. Checked HRdirect which says submit resignation to line manager, don't know that guy ..
To which department did you guys send your letter?
If you have the info and can pm it to me, would be much appreciated, thanks.

my salami
13th Oct 2017, 07:18
Well, guess who's your line Manager?

frenchypilot
13th Oct 2017, 07:54
Fair enough.

But looks like some of the colleagues sent it to HR department, which I think is the quickest way to start the process. And also I need my resignation to be approved asap.

BANANASBANANAS
13th Oct 2017, 08:20
You don't/shouldn't need your resignation to be approved. It is your contractual right to submit notice.

my salami
13th Oct 2017, 08:35
Fair enough.

But looks like some of the colleagues sent it to HR department, which I think is the quickest way to start the process. And also I need my resignation to be approved asap.

Your 3 months notice starts from the date of your email.

No approval needed.

Hope it helps.

frenchypilot
13th Oct 2017, 08:39
You don't/shouldn't need your resignation to be approved. It is your contractual right to submit notice.

I think I know it is my right to resign ... seriously.

I am just looking for the HR department contact details to send my submission.

I am not sure those kinds of posts are of any help ...

Odins Raven
13th Oct 2017, 08:40
contractual right

His what? 😜

frenchypilot
13th Oct 2017, 08:52
Sorry bananas. Been maybe too spontaneous ..

They are still the ones who decide of you final date at work, I was meaning it that way about the approval ..

BANANASBANANAS
13th Oct 2017, 09:47
No problem frenchy,

But, You give 3 months notice and you leave in 3 months. If any leave is outstanding it can be the basis of negotiation. I know people who have resigned quite recently who have stated what their last day of employment will be in their resignation letter - having very carefully triple checked first. I'm not sure that I would recommend that approach but they were correct and left on the stated day.

Good luck with your leaving process.

ruserious
13th Oct 2017, 15:31
Or you could chose to exit the Matrix at an AMS hotel :}

jack schidt
13th Oct 2017, 15:51
An ex EK Captain resigned via an ASR numerous years ago. It was his concerns that led him to follow this unusual but effective procedure.

It doesn't matter particularly who you address it to, so long as it is dated and then gets distributed to you C Pilot eventually.

SOPS
13th Oct 2017, 16:03
I did not how to resign. i sent an email to the FDM..just saying ..please accept my resignation. It all kicked in a few days after that..and my end date was 90 days from the date I sent the email.

Emma Royds
13th Oct 2017, 16:27
Send it to your Chief Pilot if you want to keep it as streamlined as possible, as you will receive a formal acknowledgement from him anyway.

springbok449
13th Oct 2017, 19:41
Send your resignation letter to your Chief Pilot. cc your Fleet Manager or is it Manager Fleet? Anyways your resignation will be acknowledged from the date it was sent, giving you 90 days to escape... The EOSB dept is by far the most efficient and helpful dept within the company.

frenchypilot
14th Oct 2017, 00:46
Thanks gents !

givemewings
14th Oct 2017, 15:30
Springbok, it's not like they haven't had plenty of practice lately 😉

perthbound
19th Oct 2017, 17:12
Questions:

Has anyone recently had their EK flight time stamped?
If so who did it?
Will they stamp the print out from the FOIP showing flights?

Any relevant information would be appreciated.

Neektu
31st Oct 2017, 13:59
Anyone out there who have had his/her provident fund transferred directly from the trustees to a bank account in North America?
Please PM if you wish

airbusgirl66
7th Nov 2017, 16:47
Does anyone know if you are in your three month resignation period, and are due ALT and SRC tickets during that time, will they still be issued to you? Thanks in advance for any info.

GillEx737
8th Nov 2017, 06:44
I've never heard of there being a problem with that - should be issued as normal.

givemewings
8th Nov 2017, 06:58
Double check that you can still do deductions; iirc you can still get your tickets but they may be pending until they're paid for at the counter.

Trader
8th Nov 2017, 08:22
Your SRC's will be credited - though you will probably have to ask for them. ALT's will NOT - I argued that I was still employed but to no avail. Same for things like the refurbishment allowance etc. Once you have resigned your entitlements disappear.

airbusgirl66
8th Nov 2017, 08:49
Thanks for the info!

Emma Royds
8th Nov 2017, 09:16
Is there anything stopping you booking your ALT before you submit your notice, with the aim of using your ALT during your notice period?

Trader
8th Nov 2017, 09:54
Emma Royds, if you are already into the next year then your ALT will have been credited and available on TRIPS. It is only and issue if you are IN your 3 month notice period and your anniversary (day they credit the ALT) is during that 3 months.

givemewings
9th Nov 2017, 03:11
the important bit is to do all bookings before you send your notice, whether that's tickets, cargo concessions, etc. The second they have your notice none of that is available so easily.

I booked an SRC and used it within my notice period. And bear in mind they do not honor your ALT after the 30 days after LDS (which I think is complete BS)

DCS99
11th Jan 2018, 17:44
When you give your notice do they and you stop paying contributions into the Provident Scheme immediately?

Can it be "frozen" or given a guaranteed value at some date before your LDS??

I've got a lot in there and I don't want to lose 0000s if there's a financial crash or a war in my notice period.

I can ask Mr Nick but just curious to know real experience.

DuneMentat
11th Jan 2018, 18:51
I don’t know the details for leaving but you can always switch the funds into a cash fund of your choice in advance

Plane_Sailing
13th Jan 2018, 09:50
I am looking at resigning but I want to make sure I get my full provident fund. I have heard a few different versions of when you become eligible. One said 7 years from line check another 7 years from skills test. Or is it just 7 years from date of enrolment in the provident scheme? Any help is welcome. Thanks.

DCS99
13th Jan 2018, 13:25
7 years from date of enrolment.

Thanks dune - moving to cash is a good idea I hadn't considered.

Dropp the Pilot
13th Jan 2018, 14:40
Moving into cash is not prudent. If the markets continue on their current tear while you are on the sidelines it could take years to catch up. A better move would be to consider how you intend to invest those funds once you have left Emirates and then just mimic that disposition to the best of your ability within the Provident Fund whilst you await your departure. If nothing else, put 60% in a broad worldwide equity fund and 40% in a broad worldwide bond fund and relax.

perthbound
14th Jan 2018, 15:13
Does anyone know if it is possible to open a new non resident account in Dubai once you have resigned (actually left the company)?

If so which bank ?

Jack330
14th Jan 2018, 18:06
Not only you can, I did it with ADCB but I also kept my original bank account open.
If the company asks for a clearance letter, before doing it, just open a second account while you still work in any other bank.

givemewings
15th Jan 2018, 07:14
You can also just keep your salary account open if it no longer has a credit card attached (mine was NBD) then you can get anything due after leaving paid into that if you prefer.

Deciding when to leave EK is a lot like falling in love.... you just KNOW :}

(actually, it's probably more like breaking up with someone you used to love and now can't stand- you can't wait to do it and feel amazing once it's done.... :E)

Divertnow
15th Jan 2018, 21:44
My resignation is just around the corner. If my ALT/Home was one place when I joined is it possible to change it to another before I leave/resign? Would be useful for the family plus I’ll get more for the shipping.

GillEx737
16th Jan 2018, 04:06
Yeah should be fine - think you can change your ALT to anywhere after you've been with the company for 3 years. Might need to provide evidence for why though!

Bus Driver Man
16th Jan 2018, 19:22
No need to provide evidence if it's on the EK network. Not sure for non-EK destinations.
But indeed, after 3 years of service, your repatriation ticket doesn't have to be to your initial ALT destination.

kcar
17th Jan 2018, 03:59
What about the relocation allowance? Can you collect that anytime during your resignation period? Say I resign March 28th to have last day of service June 28th, can I collect the allowance straight away to relocate the family in the beginning of April?

RemoveB4Flght
17th Jan 2018, 04:01
Do any of these banks charge monthly/annual fees for keep a non-resident account open?

rocketsurgeon
17th Jan 2018, 13:12
Does EK repatriate on the last day of work?

Bus Driver Man
17th Jan 2018, 15:18
kcar:
There's no relocation allowance, but you can ship cargo (almost) for free with SkyCargo. You only pay the customs fee and any external cargo handling company at the destination.
Or you can use Freightworks (invoiced directly to EK) or any other shipping company (payed upfront, reimbursed by EK).
Your HR coordinator will tell you how much you are entitled to and I believe you can do this anytime during your notice period. Same for your family's repatriation ticket: If their visas are cancelled, the can get their tickets.

rocketsurgeon:
According the briefing notes: "Travel date must be at least 1 day after your last date of service, not on or before."
You can stay longer if you want, as long as you comply with the government regulations.
You might be able to leave earlier as well, if your roster permits and with the approval of the HR coordinator, but expect to be flying until 3 days before your last day of service. (3 Days given for visa clearance.)

I have to say that I was given a lot of useful information by the End of Service department and any questions and issues were quickly answered and dealt with by my HR coordinator.

Trader
17th Jan 2018, 22:22
You can actually use your repatriation freight allowance ANYTIME during you employment. So if you want to send your home contents back to your country a year, 2 years, 5 years before you resign you can do so. Just keep the receipt and they will reimburse up to your allotment.

KippaLippa
18th Jan 2018, 08:04
sorry Trader, can you please elaborate that?
If I keep the receipt are they going to reimburse it when I eventually leave, say... 5 years later?
or they reimburse it now upon request (with receipt)?
and, is the allowance for moving back to origin country the same thing as this repatriation freight allotment on skycargo or are they two separate things?
confused

airbusgirl66
18th Jan 2018, 09:52
I'm aware that you can use a Cat A ticket that you've purchased before leaving for up to a month after. However, does anyone know if you still have the same priority as before you left for that one month...as a vacation sounds rather appealing upon departure. :cool:

DCS99
18th Jan 2018, 13:37
I guess it would be the same priority.

But why go standby? British mate used his single repatriation ticket to go to Australia for a month on holiday. He and wife returned to the UK on EK Special tickets.

The Turtle
18th Jan 2018, 13:40
If you haven't used this yr ALT I suggest booking that. It's valid up to 30 days after resignation.... No worries on boarding priority, then!

Trader
18th Jan 2018, 14:21
Kippa - you keep the receipt and they will reimburse you when you have resigned (you can email HR to get exact details).

You receive ONE 'move', meaning, you can use freightworks (any size container up to the dirham amount you are entitled to based on years of service etc) OR you can choose to use Sky Cargo up to a certain weight (can't remember that weight since it was not much).

airbusgirl66
18th Jan 2018, 14:27
Thanks for the info everyone, and that's an excellent idea of using the repatriation ticket for the outbound portion of the vacation...I didn't realize that was possible.

pumpkin
22nd Jan 2018, 08:25
Lets say my last date of service is Oct 1, and I want to do some travelling in Asia, then return to Dubai and then repatriate to North America 50 days after LDS.. 1. Can I use my repatriation ticket on day 50 - from Dubai to North America- or does it have to be used exactly within 30 days of my LDS? 2. How soon after LDS does that container have to ship - i.e. could you finish up, travel for 50 days, then have the packers pack up and ship out the contents on day 50? (in rented accommodation and lease expires end Nov). 3. If my DOJ is Aug 15th and my LDS is Oct 1, then I do not get my ALT allotment on Aug 15th as I am in my resignation period. Correct?

Buford
22nd Jan 2018, 17:16
Pretty sure they won’t even issue it if it is beyond the 30 days since LDS.
No, no ALT issued during your notice period. SRC tickets should be issued, if owed, but you may have to remind/fight them for it.

springbok449
22nd Jan 2018, 17:54
You can use your repatriation ticket up to 28 days after your visa has been cancelled.
We left about a week after my LDS.

The Outlaw
30th Jan 2018, 02:31
Does anyone know anything about resignation date versus being eligible to receive the profit share?

IE: What is the earliest date you can submit your resignation and still be eligible for the profit share (IF ANY). And would that mean that you must make your last day Jun 27 so as to be be in the employ of the company on payday in June.

Thanks

GillEx737
30th Jan 2018, 03:20
I believe end of March is the earliest, or start of April to be safe. After the financial year has ended.

Wingman82
12th Feb 2018, 05:40
You make me laugh... I make it easy for you: No more profit share

Divertnow
13th Feb 2018, 07:03
Bullsh1t! It’s in the employee manual. If you are employed by the company the day it’s paid out you’re eligible.

Divertnow
13th Feb 2018, 07:04
Kippa - you keep the receipt and they will reimburse you when you have resigned (you can email HR to get exact details).

You receive ONE 'move', meaning, you can use freightworks (any size container up to the dirham amount you are entitled to based on years of service etc) OR you can choose to use Sky Cargo up to a certain weight (can't remember that weight since it was not much).
You can use any company to do the shipping

givemewings
13th Feb 2018, 09:20
Divert he means that so long as they can get away/justify not paying it, PS is not gonna happen any more...

airbusgirl66
19th Feb 2018, 10:15
Is it customary for accommodation to withhold a few thousand dirhams even if you've had the final mandatory maintenance inspection done and they say all is well?

TineeTim
19th Feb 2018, 11:59
Yes. Returned with final payout about two months after your last day

airbusgirl66
19th Feb 2018, 12:04
Thanks for the info!

airbusgirl66
24th Feb 2018, 04:59
When turning in the family's passports to get the UAE residence visa cancelled at EKHQ, do you also have to turn in the UAE ID card at the same time? Or can you keep the UAE ID card while the UAE visas are being cancelled. Trying to avail of some of the UAE resident offers, but one or the other is required for the hotels...thanks in advance for any info.

Captain Sham
25th Feb 2018, 16:26
Was told the uae ID cards were no longer required for visa cancellation when I left at the end of last summer. Don’t be hesitant to email or call your contact at the end of service team with any questions. I found them to be prompt, polite and very knowledgeable. By far the best departement I dealt with during my time at EK. Good luck...
Sham

KippaLippa
26th Feb 2018, 07:59
....the end of service team....
...By far the best departement I dealt with during my time at EK....

....and this says it all, if ever you needed more.

airbusgirl66
26th Feb 2018, 08:02
Thanks for the info Captain!