PDA

View Full Version : ME IR priviledges

nick14
19th Nov 2013, 15:31
Hello all,

Under JAR there was a specific sentence stating that if you held a ME IR you could fly both ME and SE aircraft under IFR.

There is no equivalent legislation in Annex I to Aircrew Regulation. This is also further confused as the IR's on my licence have different expirys.

Are we no longer using the SPA ME IR to cover both classes?

Whopity
19th Nov 2013, 17:02
There is no equivalent legislation in Annex I to Aircrew Regulation.Go to Appendix 8 and read Table ASP ME class rating, operated as single-pilot Cross credited to:
SE class and type rating, and
SP ME class, and
SP ME non-high performance complex aeroplane type rating

nick14
19th Nov 2013, 17:13
That's what I was hoping for although the cross credit is only valid if you complete a prof check and since I revalidate by experience it's not possible.

Also my dates are too far apart. The SE IR would have expired before I had chance to do the prof check and apply for cross credit.

Whopity
20th Nov 2013, 08:39
the cross credit is only valid if you complete a prof checkThats the only way you can revalidate an IR! If you revalidate it on a ME Class, it is valid on a SE Class as stated. If you had a Certificate for ME IR then that overides any SE one you had. Revalidating a SEP Class by experience has no bearing on the IR validity.

nick14
20th Nov 2013, 08:54
No but if you read the regulations (as my competent authority do) you cross credit the IR part of a proficiency check.

So with a MPA IR I can cross credit the SPA ME IR and complete section 6 of the MEP class prof check, but due to revalidating the SEP by experience I am not permitted to claim cross credit as I am not completing a prof check on the SEP class.

That is the word from the authority....

Whopity
20th Nov 2013, 09:43
Your original post did not specify MP IR you simply refered to ME and SE privileges, so I assumed you were referring only to SPA.
There is a table in Standards Doc 14 Appendix 3 providing the CAA's interpretation.

S-Works
20th Nov 2013, 09:47
Revalidating the SEP by experience has nothing to do with the cross credit of the IR. If you have been credit IR SPA ME privileges then it automatically transfers to the other classes already listed earlier.

nick14
20th Nov 2013, 09:54
Not according to the IAA.

The cross credit is for the IR part of a proficiency check (read class rating PC).

Whopity
20th Nov 2013, 11:05
Not according to the IAA.
Then change your State of licence issue!
The cross credit is for the IR part of a proficiency checkIndeed but, an IR proficiency check does not have to be combined with a class rating proficiency check!

nick14
20th Nov 2013, 11:11
Not possible the people that pay me only accept IAA licences.

S-Works
20th Nov 2013, 11:17
Not possible the people that pay me only accept IAA licences.

Then either raise a non compliance on the IAA with EASA or learn to jump through the hoops they want......

One of my many reasons for swearing I would never fly for Ryanair. O leary is way to much of a control freak.....
;)

nick14
20th Nov 2013, 12:09
To be honest with a training department of our size the extra admin for tracking briefings and paperwork for non IAA licence holders is not practical so I can see the logic.

I will talk the the Licencing department to see if I can work aroud.