PDA

View Full Version : Training flight for both SEP & TMG

Okavango
31st Oct 2013, 11:11
When holding both SEP & TMG Class ratings and revalidating by experience, do I need "a single training flight of at least 1 hour's duration with a Flight Instructor who must countersign the appropriate logbook entry" for both Class ratings or will it suffice to have one hour with an instructor in either class?

BEagle
31st Oct 2013, 12:00
See FCL.740.A para. (b)(2):

(b) Revalidation of single-pilot single-engine class ratings.

(1) Single-engine piston aeroplane class ratings and TMG ratings. For revalidation of single-pilot single-engine piston aeroplane class ratings or TMG class ratings the applicant shall:

(i) within the 3 months preceding the expiry date of the rating, pass a proficiency check in the relevant class in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part with an examiner; or

(ii) within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the rating, complete 12 hours of flight time in the relevant class, including:
– 6 hours as PIC;
– 12 take-offs and 12 landings; and
– a training flight of at least 1 hour with a flight instructor (FI) or a class rating instructor (CRI). Applicants shall be exempted from this flight if they have passed a class or type rating proficiency check or skill test in any other class or type of aeroplane.*

(2) When applicants hold both a single-engine piston aeroplane-land class rating and a TMG rating, they may complete the requirements of (1) in either class, and achieve revalidation of both ratings.

BabyBear
31st Oct 2013, 12:37
I thought I knew the answer to this question, however the wording in BEagle's post is not clear:

– 12 take-offs and 12 landings; and
– a training flight of at least 1 hour with a flight instructorThis could be read as 12 hours with an additional hour with an instructor. My understanding is that it is a total of 12 hours one of which must be with an instructor? Is my understanding correct?

Since I am asking for clarification can I also ask if it is a requirement to have your log book signed, or is having it checked by the examiner sufficient?

Thanks,

BB

Edited to add that having re read it it is clear, I see the one hour is included as one of the 12.:\