View Full Version : Attitude or Speed Control

cricri02
8th Aug 2013, 18:00
Which aircraft control mode do you prefer as pilot? Attitude control, or Speed control? I am not a pilot, but would be interested to hear about your experience and preference.

I heard the A320 is Attitude controlled, whereas the CSeries will be speed controlled.

Thanks!:8

AerocatS2A
11th Aug 2013, 01:03
What do you mean by "attitude controlled" and "speed controlled"? In what way is the A320 supposed to be attitude controlled?

barit1
11th Aug 2013, 02:10
All aircraft are "attitude controlled" AND "speed controlled" by a combination of horizontal tail / elevator flight surface and throttle / thrust controls.

Maybe if you could give us a more detailed example... :8

Denti
11th Aug 2013, 15:26
I guess he means that the airbus is attitude stable and normal airplanes including boeing FBW (and apparently bombardier as well) are speed stable. Of course that is only roughly valid in normal law or corresponding flight control regimes.

Personally i cannot really comment, having only flown the airbus fbw in direct law in the simulator and the boeing 777 in normal configuration in the simulator as well for a couple circuits.

DooblerChina
11th Aug 2013, 21:33
I'm not sure we fully understand your question... however, I'm guessing its to do with what's more important to the autopilot... for example the 75/6 will stay straight and level 99.9% of the time however the speed can vary + or - 0.03Mach. We a accept that as part if the norm, I believe the ABus is the other way round sacrificing a few feet either way to keep the speed bang on... ??

Cheers..

DC

5LY
12th Aug 2013, 13:43
Do you prefer breathing or eating?