PDA

View Full Version : PPL GYROCOPTER

alaskabushpilot
17th Jun 2013, 14:33
Anyone know where in Europe I could obtain a PPL for a gyrocopter? Most (or all) PPL's are readily convertible back in the USA (where I am from)? I am living in Europe for the next 3 years and my Sportcopter gyro is sitting idle back in the USA. :{.

Second question: My gyro is "N" registered in the USA. I would like to fly it/keep it in Spain because of space, weather, friends, etc (I live in Germany though). So, would want to ship it over (or fly it for 2 months....lol) ----any idea what may be involved???

Thank you...

atakacs
17th Jun 2013, 16:07
Don't have specifics at hand but look into Austria and Hungary. Will post latter once I recover my research documents on that very subject.

Pittsextra
17th Jun 2013, 16:35
As I understand things Gyroplanes are still dealt with on a country by country basis. Therefore being in Spain or Germany will a difference to you as currently there is no EASA gyroplane licence.

Helinut
18th Jun 2013, 22:43
Pitts Extra is correct. Each country in Europe does its own thing, and so far, EASA ignores them. Gyro licences are not transferable between countries. Gyros are banned in some countries.

Gyros don't have C of As, so flight into a country other than that of registration can be a headache. Not sure whether you would be allowed to fly your N gyro in Spain.

Sounds like you need the Spanish Licence. I am not familiar with Spanish rules.

BOBAKAT
23rd Jun 2013, 15:25
In France, gyro's are ULM : Ultra light motorised If under 450 kilos MTOW and so,
NO PPL License, only Ultra light...:D

alaskabushpilot
25th Jun 2013, 12:55
I appreciate all your input....thank you!