PDA

View Full Version : Buraq 738 shot at Landing...

JanetFlight
18th Apr 2013, 17:22
...due to a big Wedding Ceremony...and few months ago the same with an Afriqiyah 'Bus too:

Plane landing at Tripoli shot at: celebration shooting suspected | Libya Herald (http://www.libyaherald.com/2013/04/18/plane-shot-at-while-landing-at-tripoli-celebration-shooting-suspected/)

Wow...Weddings at Lybia violent for sure...:eek:

Hotel Tango
18th Apr 2013, 18:17
Perhaps a shotgun wedding :}

Hebridean Jocky
18th Apr 2013, 18:37
Had that in Kuwait once with tracers, approx 5 to 10 miles away at night (hard to say!) Called the controller and he said "It's ok, we know about it" Duhhhhhh!

riverrock83
18th Apr 2013, 20:26
And someone thought Lasers were bad...

PAXboy
18th Apr 2013, 21:08
From the report:
The bullet hit a water tank in the toilet behind the cockpit, causing no injuries among the passengers or crew, sources at Tripoli airport said.So the pressure hull was breached. If they'd been departing, looks like they would have been in for an early return.

RoyHudd
18th Apr 2013, 21:15
Primitive behaviour, I'm afraid to say. And no laughing matter for innocent passengers and crew, who are endangered.

What causes these idiots to fire large amounts of live ammunition as celebration? It should be against civil law.

When I flew in and out of TIP in Gaddafi's day, there was no random gunfire.The laws inside that land were strict. (Yes, the guy was an international terrorist, I agree)

BN2A
18th Apr 2013, 21:23
Perhaps the prospective Mother-in-Law was on board arriving for the do?????

:E

RoyHudd
18th Apr 2013, 21:46
Good point ;)

guidof993
19th Apr 2013, 12:32
Hello ,
this Country is crap and the people can not handle the new freedom at all.
I was one of the last out of TIP , evacuating english , german and some irish people.
See here:
Hero pilot will take freedom flights 'until it gets too scary' - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hero-pilot-will-take-freedom-flights-until-it-gets-too-scary-26708294.html)
or here:
Guido Fromme und Tripoli - Info zur Person - Personensuche Yasni.com (http://www.yasni.com/guido+fromme/check+people/tripoli)
Thereafter I was invited again to build up and to handle the new company Buraq Air.
So I know what I am talking. Libya right now and also for the next years is a country who pilots should not move to.
Stupid , strange , dirty and 90% of the people not hornest at all. Overflying in more than 30000ft , ok. The rest in Libya , forget it.
So I am not surprised what happend with live bullits in the sky , wedding or fighting , whatever. Still crap everywhere in TIP. :suspect:

space pig
19th Apr 2013, 15:59
"
When I flew in and out of TIP in Gaddafi's day, there was no random gunfire.The laws inside that land were strict"

Indeed RoyHudd, TIP was a very safe place indeed before the old man went, nobody deared to mess about.....

Basil
19th Apr 2013, 20:40
Couldn't they have rounds with just a wad and without the bullet/ball for wedding celebrations?
Hmm, perhaps firing blanks at a wedding would be bad juju :E

jcjeant
19th Apr 2013, 22:07
guidof993
Thereafter I was invited again to build up and to handle the new company Buraq Air.
How it was before ( under the "dictator Gaddafi" ) ? :)

cockney steve
20th Apr 2013, 09:33

Nothing to do with "Buraq" Obama, then ?:p

bcgallacher
22nd Apr 2013, 18:27
Once had to repair a bullet hole behind the leading edge on a Piper Aztec after a trip to the Hebrides - must have pissed off one of the locals,they are a bit odd out there.

woodburner75
24th Apr 2013, 07:44
Reminds me of Aden Airways in the old days, we flew into an upcountry strip in the old DC3 carrying the local tribal chief who had been away for a period, as he emerged at the door a fusillade of shots from antique rifles rang out, the closer the shot to his ears, the greater the honour, the Sheikh survived, the HF aerial did not

Win94
24th Apr 2013, 17:16
Mr BCgallacher

were you flying on a sunday????

bcgallacher
25th Apr 2013, 14:23
Dont think so - would it not be breaking the Sabbath to shoot at the aircraft on a Sunday? With reference to Sunday in the Western Isles do you know it is ok to have sex but you must not enjoy it.

angels
29th Apr 2013, 08:20
I love thread drift. From a bullet hole in a lavatory on a 738 to sex in the Scottish isles in just a few posts.

Marvellous. :ok: