PDA

View Full Version : QF 32

vinayak
10th Jan 2013, 05:23
Hello,

I am looking to make a case study for QF 32. I think its an exceptional case where the crew not only handled the technical part so very well but also the non-technical aspects, such as man management.

I have read the book written by Richard de Crespigny, visited qf32.aero and I am still looking for more resources.

If I can find the CVR that will be fantastic!! But I have not been able to get my hands on that...

I would share this presentation with everyone on pprune once its done or would like to co-work with someone who'd be interested in making the same

Armchairflyer
10th Jan 2013, 17:16
Preliminary ATSB report: http://atsb.gov.au/media/2888854/ao-2010-089%20preliminary%20report.pdf

TV documentary: Air Craft Investigation - A380 Engine Explodes On Qantas Flight 32. - YouTube

vinayak
11th Jan 2013, 18:50

I saw those.... Have something else in mind and can't seem to google all that I need :(

scroogee
12th Jan 2013, 03:15
Didn't the CVR get over-wiped because they couldn't shut down an engine once on the ground?

It was in the book but I don't have a copy on hand.

training wheels
12th Jan 2013, 03:49
well, you can always add capt Richard de Crespigny on t w i t t e r .. @RichardDeCrep

PJ2
21st Jan 2013, 22:24
vinayak;

From the ATSB Interim Report, p. 23-24:

"The CVR contained over 2 hours of cockpit audio but, due to the continued running of the No 1 engine in Singapore, the audio at the time of the disc failure was overwritten. The available audio commenced during the landing approach and continued during the subsequent ground operations."

cheers,
PJ2