PDA

View Full Version : after landing speed

graziani
5th Feb 2012, 06:19
accordind to you , which is the max speed ( B 737) after landing ,during deceleration ,to vacate the rwy 16L at LIRF at DG or DH ?
I coudn,t find any written limit about it ??
I suppose the 60 kts GS .....!!!!:bored:
any help ???

captjns
5th Feb 2012, 07:18
Anything on the 10-1s

graziani
5th Feb 2012, 08:30
nothing...I use aread .....may be jeppesens but I do not have....

I think that vacating rwys , I do not have to complay with the max limit taxi speed ( as Boeing says on FCOM) ...

I vacate rwy during deceleration ando so .....should be differente limit !!!!:sad::ugh:

can be possible 60 kts GS !! but onestily seeems too high :ugh:

I-2021
5th Feb 2012, 09:19
Hi graziani,

According to Jeppesen General - Introduction - Chart glossary under the term High speed taxiway / turnoff (HST) the maximum specified speed is 60 knots. In LIRF for runway 16L you have DE,DG and DH as HST. As it is a maximum speed it means that you can but you're not obliged to vacate at that speed and a lower speed is mostly welcome. Common sense applies.

Ciao.

graziani
5th Feb 2012, 09:29
tks very much.. the problem that that I vacated at 34 kts GS , but the safety manager noted it on FDM and he called me :=

I knew about the 60 kts ( not really sure 100% )..and I think that speed is too high ....
but 34 kts shuold considered acceptable :D

Sciolistes
5th Feb 2012, 09:52
Hi I-2021,
According to Jeppesen General - Introduction - Chart glossary under the term High speed taxiway / turnoff (HST) the maximum specified speed is 60 knots.
Interesting, I wonder where does Jepp gets that information from? I ask because ICAO define the maximum speed for rapid exit taxiways as 40 (depending on physical characteristics) or 50 knots to take account of wet conditions. There is no mention of any account taken for higher speeds.

graziani
5th Feb 2012, 11:08
Sciolistes
can you write please the exact source ? I think the annexes ? :)

Sciolistes
5th Feb 2012, 12:20
Annex 14. Just search for "Rapid Exit".

Slasher
5th Feb 2012, 13:33
...I ask because ICAO define the maximum speed for rapid
exit taxiways as 40 (depending on physical characteristics)

Yep I've used the 40kt rule for a code 3 or 4 for yonks (Annex
14 3.9.15), although I know I'm still covered for both wet or
dry at 50kt. 60kts might probably get the QAR squawking its
head off.