PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Regional

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

cornishsimon
17th Aug 2014, 15:10
Given the current good numbers being seen by flybe on routes into NQY, MAN, LGW & BHX and a slightly lesser extent SEN how long until either RE or BE add NQY-DUB ?

EI regional would allow onward connections via DUB including US pre clearance but if BE are going to codeshare with EI that could also be a possibility I suppose ?

cs

CabinCrewe
17th Aug 2014, 18:26
can you really squeeze any more NQY stuff out of this ?

Dontgothere
17th Aug 2014, 19:22
Simon,

As much as I don't want to put a downer on your endless optimism, there is more chance of a NWI-DUB route, and that is saying something in view of the fact that there is now a INV-DUB route in the works with BE.

Sorry,

brian_dromey
18th Aug 2014, 18:33
Regardless, there is a good chance of new EI Regional routes this winter. Under EI marketing the route was planned at 2-3 times daily. One would assume that the EIR liveried aircraft will find new work out of the Irish airports.

Skipness One Echo
18th Aug 2014, 20:43
Anyone got the actual date when the ATC callsign changed over to "Stobart"? Seems to have been in the last month or so.

Red Four
18th Aug 2014, 20:47
3rd August, there was an Irish NOTAM about it I think.

deecie
19th Aug 2014, 07:54
Does anybody know when flights from Aberdeen for Summer '15 will go on sale?

Thanks.

EI-A330-300
19th Aug 2014, 10:50
Probably around December.

west lakes
19th Aug 2014, 12:07
Given that Carlisle now has planning permission for various works Stobart's are suggesting two routes from there.
Carlisle - DUB & Carlisle SEN

So it is possible they may appear on the Aer Lingus system as through booking to the US via DUB has been mentioned

Jamesair
19th Aug 2014, 22:53
With them now having a successful operation from NCL to DUB, will they not be in competition with themselves?

Ethiopia
2nd Sep 2014, 09:57
And they keep on growing...

Aer Lingus Regional adds service to Leeds Bradford (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/europe/item/1458-aer-lingus-regional-adds-service-to-leeds-bradford)

Mlinnie
2nd Sep 2014, 15:21
Great news! But surely Liverpool will be the next route to appear?

mart901
2nd Sep 2014, 18:06
Beat me to it Mlinnie, I seriously thought they would do LPL-SNN after FR dropping it, or indeed DUB. It all smacks of retaliation, they will hit FR on LBA.

eye2eye5
2nd Sep 2014, 19:48
Hope to see them certainly on the LPL - Dublin route, given that F R has manipulated capacity of late to a position lower than historic norms. Shannon would be a bonus, following its recent transfer to MAN which in turn drove EI off the route.

mart901
2nd Sep 2014, 22:50
Exactly eye2eye5, I think the whole reason they are launching LBA is because FR are launching MAN-SNN, retaliation. Also a stab at SNN by removing an a/c.

AerArann62W
3rd Sep 2014, 21:56
Great news for EI Regional to be constantly expanding. It'll be interesting to see how many more new routes (if any) will be announced by Stobart Air for the Summer 2015 season under EI Regional or Flybe.

EI-BUD
3rd Sep 2014, 22:31
Will we see an AT7 of AerLingus picking up a rotation on BRU DUB when FR enter the market just as is the case on DUB BHX and MAN to compliment the 320 services? But the 319 could be the correct vehicle here ...

EI-BUD
3rd Sep 2014, 22:38
If MAN is a runner LPL, EMA have to be clear choices. FR had reduced ema dub before ... May be just right for frequent AT7 service ...

4th Sep 2014, 08:36
I know DUB-BRU is technically possible in an ATR-72, but would it really be practical.

It would be nearly 2 1/2 hours, hardly comfortable in an ATR-72.

It would seem a sure fire way to encourage expense account travelers to give Ryanair a go.

If they were to use an ATR 72 to BRU, it might make more sense from ORK, where the A320 seems too big for the route and Ryanair don't compete.

EI-BUD
4th Sep 2014, 18:42
Thanks 840, would seem the 319's may be in order so!

bigjim99
17th Sep 2014, 11:58
Just read that EIR have axed the MAN-SNN service from the end of October as FR have moved their LPL-SNN service to MAN. With FR trying to be more accommodating to business PAX hopefully FR don't start attacking ORK with the same mindset. The frequency that EIR are able to offer on routes by using ATRs is something I've become to love - much better than the days of a daily FR or mainline EI service.

Without the 3x daily to MAN-SNN, this could free up an A/C that will hopefully become ORK based.

When travelling to ORK on a weekly basis, I will generally fly in to ORK and home via DUB. Sadly as an airport ORK is too small to provide route frequencies to make the best use of my time. I travel between the airports with a one way car hire, which indeed can be costly not to mention fuel and tolls. The worst part of it is that it has to be the most mind numbing and boring journey I've ever done. Miles and miles of boring empty motorway. It drives me crazy. For a business pax, bus and train are not an alternative. A simple and effective air shuttle between ORK-DUB would be ideal - perhaps with a simple walk on fare also being available at the airports. The 42's are staying in the fleet for the foreseeable future. Personally, I'd move the SNN 42 to ORK to do a Early Morning & Early Evening ORK/DUB rotations. During the day, I reckon you could do two UK rotations perhaps make NCL daily, perhaps up MAN to 3x?

BHD2BFS
17th Sep 2014, 12:08
Aer lingus management announced last week they will be launching a Birmingham and Manchester route in the near future from belfast
Does anyone if this will be done by mainline or regional?
I'm assuming it will be regional

bigjim99
17th Sep 2014, 12:41
Forgot about that - that could be where the A/C goes.

It will be interesting to see what happens at Belfast with U2 and BE both providing some kind of service to MAN and BHX. Might BE give transfer their routes to EIR?

BHD2BFS
17th Sep 2014, 12:47
I think more than likely ezy would drop the routes from belfast,
They couldn't really compete with the frequency EIR could offer
As well as that if would people the option of travelling with one airline and back with a other if it made the trio cheaper
Can't really do that at the moment as you would be going to a different airport

Many a time I flew to Bhx with flybe but back on bmibaby and vice versa as it worked out cheaper

bigjim99
17th Sep 2014, 12:58
It would be interesting politics if EI via EIR set up in competition against BE. I don't see it happening personally.

EIR are also becoming short of A/C to cater for much more expansion. I think they will be taking their options up soon for some new '600s. They scraped through this summers schedule but had to rely on the wet leased DAT aircraft when BYO was scrapped. I can't imagine that Stobart will want to do that again unless it finds itself in another hole.

Although having said that, looking at the loads at SOU, they might have the '500s back sooner than expected!

fivejuliet
17th Sep 2014, 13:43
It is thought that an ATR42-500 was being sought for lease. However, with the capacity freed up by the demise of SNN-MAN, I believe this will no longer happen.

bigjim99
17th Sep 2014, 14:25
I'd reckon they'll hang onto the 42-320's for as long as possible. To change to a 42-500 you will increase the lease cost, increase landing fees and increase fuel costs by about 10%. I guess it would depend if the maintenance costs outweigh these costs.

The 42-600's would cost too much to be worthwhile putting on routes the likes of KIR and BLK even if there is a reduced fuel burn.

I do see the need for Stobart to keep a few of these smaller aircraft. They provide the cheapest possible way to start a new route and can also make marginal routes profitable

Hangar6
17th Sep 2014, 14:45
8 new 600 s financed by EI with Stobart with 2 options, I can see these options being taken up for sure , ready for next summer,

EI-BUD
17th Sep 2014, 18:00
Aer lingus management announced last week they will be launching a Birmingham
and Manchester route in the near future from belfast

Not so much an announcement but rather stating that they were considering it? A brave move, but cannot see BE backing off here. Too core market for them and the frequency is big.

The point made here about Stobart Air competing with, this would be an interesting development. Lets see what easyJet have/ havent got instore for BFS to these respective destinations... But is it conceivable that 319 could be put on early and late MAN and Stobart do off peak rotations?

The upside here is that EI are looking to expanison in the market after what can only be described as a long road and they have made a significant investment in the Belfast market. Having tried a range of destinations ... and now focusing on what works...!

chuboy
27th Nov 2014, 08:17
Hopefully promotion of the Wild Atlantic Way combined with through ticketing from overseas airports to KIR and CFN should result in stronger performance of those routes next year.

Marty82
27th Nov 2014, 13:14
Can I ask those with more knowledge why a PSO route is needed between Donegal & Dublin especially? Google maps says it takes around 3 hours by car which is about the same as Aberdeen to Glasgow. Nobody would think about flying that route!

mart901
27th Nov 2014, 13:36
Historically Sligo, Knock and Galway had PSO routes, I don't know if Derry did also have some funding despite not being in Eire.
Kerry and Donegal were deemed to be most in need of the routes when they were reviewed during the financial crisis, in terms of their proximity and local need/reliance as rural communities.

Cyrano
27th Nov 2014, 13:36
Can I ask those with more knowledge why a PSO route is needed between Donegal & Dublin especially? Google maps says it takes around 3 hours by car which is about the same as Aberdeen to Glasgow. Nobody would think about flying that route!

You are perhaps making the understandable but completely erroneous assumption that Donegal airport is near Donegal town? Donegal is a spread-out county with generally poor roads. In fact Google Maps suggests that to drive from Donegal Airport to Dublin would take over 4 hours - see here (https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/Donegal+Airport,+Carrickfinn,+Kincasslagh,+Letterkenny,+Co.+ Donegal/Dublin/@54.2022096,-8.4658966,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x485f79c3b79c16b7:0x77006 3f57866131c!2m2!1d-8.340148!2d55.043874!1m5!1m1!1s0x48670e80ea27ac2f:0xa00c7a99 73171a0!2m2!1d-6.2603097!2d53.3498053?hl=en).

davidjohnson6
27th Nov 2014, 13:43
If it weren't for offshore hydrocarbons, would Donegal airport still have a PSO route to Dublin as the nearest hub airport ? Or is the route driven primarily for the locals ?

EI-A330-300
27th Nov 2014, 13:47
No direct rail link and the planned cross border upgrade of the N/A2 road is the sole reason it's still running. It most likely probably will be around for 10 years at least.

If anything at this stage Kerry has good roads and good rail links to Cork and Dublin. Can't see this one being scrapped for political reasons.

If it weren't for offshore hydrocarbons, would Donegal airport still have a PSO route to Dublin as the nearest hub airport ? Or is the route driven primarily for the locals ?

For the region in general. Touching it politically wouldn't go down well unless major improvements are made to transport.

Average loads on both would be between 60-70%.

Marty82
27th Nov 2014, 15:16
My apologies. I guess locally to me the equivalent would be Aberdeen to Wick in terms of driving time and this route is indeed flown by Eastern Airways. I think it survives without a PSO though. Was only questioning as wasn't sure if it was a good use of Irish taxpayers' money. Next shortest route, on the UK mainland, from here would be Newcastle.

cornishsimon
1st Dec 2014, 22:31
Any idea when the new route to NQY will be available to book ?

cs

Dontgothere
17th Feb 2015, 16:02
Has anyone seen EI-REI around recently? There seems to be no coverage of it anywhere of late. Also is there any news on EI-REM since it returned to Dublin?

Captain Planet
17th Feb 2015, 16:21
REM is based in SEN.

REL and REI are both away on heavy maintenance in MGL.

Sharklet_321
18th Feb 2015, 04:31
Re Donegal Dublin surface transport time you'd be very lucky to complete the journey in 4 hours. The coach between The mid part of Donegal and Dunlin takes 5 hours. The airport is further north. I believe the airport (Carickfinn) is located about 45 minutes north of Dongeal town.

The airport supports the majority of Donegal county which is approx 160,000 people. But Donegal town is only 2,000 of that.

BAladdy
30th Mar 2015, 16:51
REL and REI are both away on heavy maintenance in MGL.

Looks like REI has returned from heavy maintenance in MGL. Now operating for WX ex CWL in WX colours. EI-EHH now showing as returned to Stobart Air. Anyone know if this aircraft is back operating for EI Regional?

SWBKCB
30th Mar 2015, 18:14
Yes - EI-EHH op DUB-NCL-DUB on Sunday afternoon.

AerRyan
31st Mar 2015, 15:39
Stobart will return to Shannon with a 6x weekly Birmingham service.

Cyrano
31st Mar 2015, 21:29
Stobart will return to Shannon with a 6x weekly Birmingham service.

The BHX-SNN timings don't seem to fit in with the DUB-BHX ATR operation as shown in the EI timetable, in other words it's not clear how the ATR operating BHX-SNN-BHX gets to and from BHX. It looks as though there must be some more timetable changes to come.

AerRyan
31st Mar 2015, 21:54
Something somewhere will get the chop for this route that's for sure.

Captain Planet
31st Mar 2015, 22:40
SNN-BHX probably being done by an ORK based a/c on a W pattern.

AerRyan
31st Mar 2015, 22:41
SNN-BHX probably being done by an ORK based a/c on a W pattern.

So a cork route will get the chop?

Its widely reported as a W pattern from Dub though.

bigjim99
1st Apr 2015, 09:58
It would make sense if ORK became a 3 A/C base?

It also looks like STK have not taken up their options for additional A/C with MSN 1239 heading to Air Madagascar.

Perhaps a wise move with competition increasing on UK-Ireland routes with BE and VLM.

In all honesty, how long do we think the W6 CWL operation will last? REI will be back soon enough.

fivejuliet
1st Apr 2015, 10:15
An ATR72-500 could be displaced from the SEN operation and return to EIR duties?. It was first thought that was the original aircraft going to Cardiff for Cityjet

bigjim99
1st Apr 2015, 10:19
I thought it was going to CWL for BE?

fivejuliet
1st Apr 2015, 11:14
BE are using 2 E195s at CWL.

Flybe confirms new 11 route network and base at Cardiff Airport (http://www.cardiff-airport.com/news/2015/03/05/flybe-confirms-new-11-route-network-and-base-at-cardiff-airport/)

Jamie2k9
1st Apr 2015, 23:20
It would make sense if ORK became a 3 A/C base?

It also looks like STK have not taken up their options for additional A/C with MSN 1239 heading to Air Madagascar.

Perhaps a wise move with competition increasing on UK-Ireland routes with BE and VLM.

In all honesty, how long do we think the W6 CWL operation will last? REI will be back soon enough.

Not sure either had any bearing on the decision!

VLM - Nothing to fear

BE - Picking up scraps left by Stobart in recent years, DUB-INV/SEN/BOH, ORK-CWL all scrapped. DUB-CWL will go once the money taps stops, CWL better hope EIR don't leave before!

They need a year or two with moderate growth to ensure long term profitability, not exactly sure where additional capacity would be required currently anyway.

OltonPete
3rd Apr 2015, 13:30
EMA

A bit of a mess really, announced for a February start, double daily at least Monday and Friday, finally starts in April but by mid-May it is single daily, evening only except Saturday which only allows connectivity to long-haul on that one day?

It is showing double daily in winter for Monday and Friday.

BHX

The Shannon is still showing as a stand alone aircraft although it arrives back at BHX at 20.35 and the Cork departs 21.05. The Cork inbound shows 20.35 still but is it expected that Cork will see changes such as Edinburgh change times to send it to BHX instead or will BHX get an extra Dublin rotation in the afternoon/evening slot.

I assume that this has all been decided and it is just the booking engine that needs amending?

Pete

LEEDS APPROACH
3rd Apr 2015, 13:45
EMA

A bit of a mess really, announced for a February start, double daily at least Monday and Friday, finally starts in April but by mid-May it is single daily, evening only except Saturday which only allows connectivity to long-haul on that one day?

It is showing double daily in winter for Monday and Friday.

Pete

What caused them to dismantle EMA and then try DSA again? Perhaps it's the same thing that enticed BM?

wethersfield
3rd Apr 2015, 14:00
With these new services recently added which have started from nothing, i cannot understand why AER LINGUS REGIONAL / STOBART AIR have not yet re-introduced the lucrative upto 3 times daily service they handed over to flyBE to decimate last October.

With a known market, after carrying 62000 pax last year, surely it makes economical sense to get this going again right away, more so with flyBE dropping LCY-DUB end May. One ATR is only needed for 3 return flights. flyBe are
doing 4 today with the same aircraft DUB-SEN on a one-off

Does anybody have a view or info on this.

cumbrianboy
3rd Apr 2015, 14:19
If say given the lack of aircraft to operate Birmingham - shannon and the uncertainty of where the 500 is going there may still be more changes to comes for summer 15.

Either way it's greatvthey are developing!

Balair
3rd Apr 2015, 17:05
OltonPete

I agree, the DUB schedule does make you wonder what EIR/STK are thinking! Not only do they seem to have thrown away any advantage they may have had over FR during the Summer months (onward connectivity to the States and day return options for business) with a reasonably timed double daily schedule; before their route has even been given time to get established they are now going to potentially dilute their loads, and for that matter those also at LBA, by starting a DSA route?

I understand the Winter schedule (if the service lasts that long) at the moment shows twice daily on T/W/T/F with single rotations on M/S/S, but the timings still do not allow for a full day's business, and ominously FR's Winter schedule is also back to twice daily!

Another strange aspect of their scheduling is that LBA, which is currently twice daily, reduces down to a single rotation for the Winter, the exact opposite to EMA?

Balair

OltonPete
3rd Apr 2015, 18:53
Balair

Thank you for pointing out that Monday in winter is single daily. It does seem to give the impression that they have had cold-feet re EMA and no doubt not helped by Ryanair going double daily since February this year for a couple of months and again next winter.

As you say it seems that double daily in summer would be the better option and make the most of Ryanair reducing their service to daily but I suppose aircraft availability is probably the reason.

A lot of the schedule does seem to be compromise and some of the timings seem less than idea but if your assets are stretched it must be difficult to please everyone all of the time.

Pete

cornishsimon
15th Sep 2015, 21:25
looks like NQY-DUB will get another summer run for 2016, however the fares suggest its still under consideration as only stupidly high fares are available so far !

cs

AdamThePassenger
7th Oct 2015, 23:32
EI-REH moved from Dublin to Monchengladbach today, presumably for maintenance.

Adam :)

bananamanuk
8th Oct 2015, 14:24
looks like NQY-DUB will get another summer run for 2016, however the fares suggest its still under consideration as only stupidly high fares are available so far !

cs

There are rumours on the Newquay thread that since they have announced removal.of the £5 departure fee, Ryanair may be coming back to the airport. If so it seems reasonable to suggest Dublin and Stansted routes as they are main FR bases which could mean a loss of EIR on Dublin route and Flybe on STN route. I have no insider knowledge but just thought the other rumour thread was relevant to the above comment.

FreedomToScroll
27th Nov 2015, 10:21
Latest word from Leasing St. is that two 319s will be operated by STK out of SEN next summer...EI Regional?? Or someone else?

PPRuNeUser0176
27th Nov 2015, 16:00
EIR will have 2 additional A72-6 aircraft next summer, first arriving tonight.

As for 319s makes no sense and will have nothing to do with EIR, Clearly Stobart getting disparate to keep passengers passing through SEN, will fail like the current base.

AirportPlanner1
27th Nov 2015, 21:07
The only possible way STK could operate 319s out of SEN on regular pax flights would be if it was an EZY franchise, which would be unprecedented. There isn't really anywhere they could send them under a different brand that would have a big enough market or wouldn't step on EZY's shoes.

It could be a plan to get into ad-hoc charters of course, or more likely be a wild fantasy.

Barling Magna
27th Nov 2015, 22:21
Sounds most unlikely to me.

There are some routes from SEN which could succeed - Malta, Nice, Krakow, Budapest, Copenhagen could all be worth a go. But very unlikely.....

Red Four
27th Nov 2015, 23:04
....Belfast, Edinburgh, Dublin, Berlin, Greek Islands. As you say, very unlikely.

Expressflight
28th Nov 2015, 07:16
FreedomToScroll

If you want any credibility placed on your A319 story I think you need to provide a little more information. No disrespect intended to a first-time poster, in fact welcome to the forum, but others' disbelief is understandable. For my part I've heard nothing at all along those lines and I'm struggling to think of a Stobart scenario for their deployment at SEN, or anywhere for that matter.

Itchin McCrevis
28th Nov 2015, 09:29
The only possible way STK could operate 319s out of SEN on regular pax flights would be if it was an EZY franchiseHuh..!? - "one season wonder" cheap bucket and spade operations like this come up all the time, some people have made a career out of it. Normally this is ex Gatwick but with the slot situation there that option is closed now. Could be very possible STK are linking up with someone to do this.

bigjim99
28th Nov 2015, 15:27
I see new AT76 EI-FMJ has arrived into Dublin but in plain white. Think this has arrived on lease from ATR; any ideas as to what livery it will sport?

The fleet is rather stretched at the moment so it will be a welcome arrival.

EI-A330-300
21st Dec 2015, 10:03
Regional service Stobart Air plans sale (http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/regional-service-stobart-air-plans-sale-1.2473005#.VnesupD2X0c.twitter)

Sooner Stobart are out the better, bet profits would be higher if the mess as SEN was braught to an end.

cumbrianboy
21st Dec 2015, 10:40
EI-FMK arrived Friday as well

goldeneye
21st Dec 2015, 14:25
I wonder if Airline Investments Ltd might sniff around Stobart Air, could be a good fit with Loganair and BMI Regional.

AerArann62W
4th Jan 2016, 18:40
Anybody know where EI-REI is? It hasn't operated flights in over 2 weeks

EI-BUD
5th Jan 2016, 05:11
Goldeneye,

Good suggestion. Surprised that there hasn't been more interest in this topic. I'd put Flybe and AerLingus top of my list. That said AerLingus is now fairly confined to the island of Ireland for expansion and bringing an Aer Lingus commuter service in-house again could be a good move and potentially at a lower cost to Stobart, given shared services etc. At AerLingus head office? As it stands the Stobart AerLingus contract is good until 2022.

EI -BUD

Expressflight
5th Jan 2016, 07:31
Anybody know where EI-REI is? It hasn't operated flights in over 2 weeks

Maybe it's in Monchengladbach on maintenance.

cumbrianboy
5th Jan 2016, 09:25
REI is indeed in for maintenance.

Skipness One Foxtrot
5th Jan 2016, 11:37
bringing an Aer Lingus commuter service in-house again could be a good move and potentially at a lower cost to Stobart
It might be a good move in terms of customer service bringing it in house but it would be an industry first if EI could do it for less than the well known tightly run ship that is Stobart Air (Why oh why did they change the name?)

I wonder if Airline Investments Ltd might sniff around Stobart Air, could be a good fit with Loganair and BMI Regional.
Given the Engineering wheels have well and truly come off at Loganair I wouldn't try this until they can fix the rather pressing concerns in Glasgow.

CabinCrewe
5th Jan 2016, 14:08
Seems said wheels have been repaired....
"That package includes: spending £4 million on the purchase of two 50-seater Saab 2000 aircraft, a previously announced £6 million investment in a new spares hub at Glasgow Airport allowing far faster and more efficient servicing and repairs and £3.5 million to begin a three-year programme of major passenger upgrades for the workhorse of its fleet, the Saab 340, significantly improving journey comfort and convenience"

AerArann62W
31st Jan 2016, 22:17
Anybody know when EI-REI is due to re-enter service?
It has been on maintenance for a while now

mik3bravo
2nd Feb 2016, 19:03
Latest word from Leasing St. is that two 319s will be operated by STK out of SEN next summer...EI Regional?? Or someone else?

ATRS load factors were healthy but I struggle to see 319 filling on a service to EIDW

Flightrider
2nd Feb 2016, 19:50
Anyone know when the announcement of EI Regional taking on Dublin-Liverpool is actually going to happen? Been rumoured for a while....

AerRyan
2nd Feb 2016, 21:54
First I've heard of it.

May not be announced and just turn up in the search engine one day.

EI-A330-300
3rd Feb 2016, 00:04
Anyone know when the announcement of EI Regional taking on Dublin-Liverpool is actually going to happen? Been rumoured for a while....

They won't be however they may add freq to bring it to 3 daily. EI are doing well.

Jack1985
3rd Feb 2016, 19:43
EI are doing well

Hi I'm not sure where you got that from. Loads are appalling since inauguration. Company want EIR to takeover, would imagine from W16/17.

AerRyan
3rd Feb 2016, 19:45
Either of ye have a source?

Jack1985
3rd Feb 2016, 19:48
Not sure why I'd be declaring that to you, nor why should I be.

mart901
3rd Feb 2016, 21:40
Well either way the route grew in Jan by some 15k pax from 24k to 39k, in dark and wintery weather. I doubt if FR saw the vast majority of that.

airbourne
3rd Feb 2016, 21:58
More like by May/June 16.

PPRuNeUser0176
3rd Feb 2016, 22:06
EI recently increased the service than planned for summer, staying same as winter now.

EIR look very full for summer.

cumbrianboy
4th Feb 2016, 19:07
EIR also have an expanding fleet ...

AerRyan
7th Feb 2016, 12:30
Do they? Last I heard was EI-FMJ was the last addition for a few years.

chaps1954
7th Feb 2016, 12:53
Does EI-FMK not operate for them?

Ian

bigjim99
7th Feb 2016, 16:43
EI-FMJ & FMK were added Nov/Dec 15. FMJ is now in EIR colour scheme and FMK still in all white. Both are now ORK based.

I understand a third new AT76 EI-FM? is to join and will also head to ORK as an additional based A/C.

The new A/C have a lower PAX capacity but with improved seating (reclining!).

I think EI-REI/REH are due to retire later this year so there will be a net gain of 1 aircraft. Not sure whats happening with the 42's though...

brian_dromey
7th Feb 2016, 18:43
The new A/C have a lower PAX capacity but with improved seating (reclining!).

I think EI-REI/REH are due to retire later this year so there will be a net gain of 1 aircraft. Not sure whats happening with the 42's though...

How many do the FMx series seat?

REI and REH have both undergone heavy maintenances this winter, although that's no reason they would stay, I suppose. I haven't been on either in many years (thankfully!) are they still dated and grubby inside?

mathers_wales_uk
8th Feb 2016, 00:55
EI-FMJ/K & EI-REH/I - 70Y
EI-EHH & EI-CBK - 48Y
All other aircraft 72Y

eye2eye5
12th Feb 2016, 10:30
EI Thursday/Friday afternoon rotations between DUB and LPL now continuing throughout the Summer rather than ending in April.

Ametyst1
12th Feb 2016, 11:27
The Sunday afternoon rotation has been added too between Liverpool and Dublin. However, these flights are operated by Aer Lingus Airbus A320s and not the Regional ATR's.

eye2eye5
12th Feb 2016, 11:32
Thank you, Ametyst. I posted here in response to the posts around a week ago which predicted the opposite of this development.

Ametyst1
12th Feb 2016, 19:30
Indeed, I always use the Aer Lingus service from Liverpool to Dublin rather than Ryanair. Nothing wrong with Ryanair I just prefer to support Aer Lingus.

If they go the little rascals with the harp would probably reduce to twice daily and up the fares.

AerRyan
14th Feb 2016, 21:59
Why would they do that? EI competition is only new?

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Feb 2016, 22:10
Why would they do that? EI competition is only new?

FR had planned to cut LPL-DUB from 3 to 2 daily a few days a week and once EI announced they increased to 4 daily. The same for EMA they planned to drop from 2 to 1 daily and resumed the second daily shortly after EI started.

As for EI loads I'm sure it's doing well on busy days, expect there will be some scope for EIR but surprised if there is a full transfer over. Some eye watering fares of 351.00 euro single when I was looking at a close in booking.

As for the EIR fleet it is very busy this summer, also a slight scaling back on EIR subbing lunchtime MAN/BHX on Tue/Wed etc

Ametyst1
16th Feb 2016, 14:21
Aer Lingus Regional will take over the operation of the Liverpool to Dublin route from Monday 2nd May. Frequency will be Increased to 4 departure a day (3 on a Saturday).

mart901
16th Feb 2016, 17:32
And that's how you deal with FR.

nguba
24th Feb 2016, 08:51
It's worth noting that there is now full codesharing with BA on almost (if not) all Aer Lingus Regional routes to Dublin. Will be interesting to see what impact BA's distribution network has ok route performance.

rowly6339
9th Apr 2017, 16:54
Passenger numbers for the Aer Lingus Regional franchise are up for the 1stquarter 3.8% on the previous year. Moving into April brings another importantmilestone for the franchise as we celebrate our 5 millionth passenger thoughDublin Airport, and in May we expect to celebrate our 2 millionth passengerthrough Cork Airport. We also welcome our latest new route Cork - Newquay nextmonth, just over a year after we launched the Dublin - Newquay operation, whichwill operate twice weekly as a peak Summer operation route.