PDA

View Full Version : Jet upset - Dynasty 006

tartare
19th Jan 2012, 22:14
Watched the Mayday TV programme last night on China Airlines Dynasty 006 jet upset.
That would have to be the most extreme departure of control in history for a large airliner I would have thought?
Does anyone know of anything worse?

Tee Emm
20th Jan 2012, 09:08
Several - most of whom crashed. 737 Adam Air Indonesia for one and the pilot pulled the wings off pulling back on the wheel in a spiral dive because he did not know how to recover from an unusual attitude in IMC. Read the recent Ethiopean Airways 737 accident report on Rumours and News - stalled and then a spiral into the sea.

Dream Land
21st Jan 2012, 15:18
Hoot Gibson did a pretty good job, as mentioned. :ok:

tartare
23rd Jan 2012, 03:35
AA1 sounds particularly nasty.
Inverted, nose down dive...:sad:
I remember Silk-Air - exceeded Mach One in vertical dive..

misd-agin
25th Jan 2012, 02:49
TWA 841 reached 75 degrees nose down. 450+ kts.

Old Fella
25th Jan 2012, 08:20
These "incidents" classified as jet upsets read more like loss of control due inappropriate control inputs or inadequate monitoring of the flight. My recollection of the Dynasty 006 event is that the auto-pilot endeavoured to maintain FL410 following the run-down of an engine, to the point where level flight could not be sustained which led to the aerodynamic stall and uncontrolled descent until the aircraft was finally brought under control. Seems pretty evident that nobody was "minding the shop".