PDA

View Full Version : ETOPS Training ?

Super Stall
8th Aug 2001, 15:12
Just out of curiosity really as I fly short haul and it does'nt affect me (yet), but what exactly does ETOPS training involve?.
Is it ground and sim, or just sim alone, and what is usually covered by way of scenarios etc.
Finally does the training lead to an attachment to one's license (as for Cat II/III) ?.

All replies gratefully received.

ss.

meadowbank
8th Aug 2001, 20:39
Mine (757) was one day of ground school then formal ETOPs check across N. Atlantic with Training Captain. Results in bit of paper to add to license.

vnavspeed
8th Aug 2001, 21:03
Our company provides a one day "theory" course followed by exam (75% pass).

You then are rostered for 4 sectors across the pond with a Training Captain to learn the ropes.

We do not have an attachment to our licence, simply company records that keep a very close eye on recency etc.

eeper
9th Aug 2001, 05:56
One days groundschool, followed by a short ETOPS trip. Usually the training captain travels as P3 so that both an FO and a Captain can be checked out at the same time.

I think my company prefers to do training on North Atlantic routes so that you can gain experience of oceanic clearances, NAT tracks and the confusion that is US ATC!

BusBoy
9th Aug 2001, 09:49
2 day groundschool with exam and 4 NAT sectors culminating in a linecheck.

vnavspeed
9th Aug 2001, 10:13
I forgot to mention that there is also the standard pre-course recommended reading from the company manuals. Classic cure for insomnia.