PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Mass and Balance Exam

Tee
3rd Jul 2001, 00:30
Can anyone help?

In the JAR ATPL Mass and Balance Exam, are candidates provided with the 3 tables from JAR-OPs-1 subpart J which specify standard masses for passengers and baggage?

In other words, do I have to learn the figures or will they be there on the day?

Thanks in advance.

mad_jock
3rd Jul 2001, 01:22
You have to learn them if you want cover all your options but there would be only 1 mark gained compare to the 4 marks you could get for the numerical stuff.

M&B has quite a bit of technique to it. There are lots of 2,3,4 mark questions.

My method was to batter through the 1 mark questions which were mostly, do you know your stuff or can be picked out of the cap. Then start on the 4 marker and work you way backwards 3 then 2 marks etc. So don't do it in order.

I sat the last set of exams and it was mostly working out traffic/usefull loads for various limitations. Ie sometimes it would be take off limited and others performance etc.And if i shift a box how does it change the % of MAC sort of questions.

The stuff about passengers weight i think is covered in OP as well along with the number of crew etc. That exam was a bit of a haze for me, abit to broad a subject base of dull information for my liking. And as i havent done general nav yet all the grid stuff was made up as i went along.

Hope this helps. If you are lucky someone who has sat the exam today will be able tell you what was in this time.

MJ