PDA

View Full Version : Thai Airways pilots.

Invaribly
18th May 2001, 21:46
Basically I am looking for as much info as possible about thai pilots :
1/will they hire foreign pilots again?
2/Does anyone know the present salary scale breakdown for Capts and F/O.
3/What is the company like to work for generally and does the company hire foreign engineers ?
4/What is the retirement age of the pilots with Thai?
All info appreciated on this airline.

Katoi
19th May 2001, 00:03
I can only answer your first question, and the information could be out of date but I doubt it. They will only employ Thai nationals. This airline still has strong links with SAS which has been the case for decades. At one time a number of Scandinavian pilots flew for them but not any more. If they did need expats I suspect they would talk to SAS first.

It is possible they may need contract pilots from time to time.

Sorry if it's not good news, but the situation could change. I certainly hope it does within the next 20 years.

Not sure about the money, but last time I asked it was a lot less than flying in Europe.

Invaribly
19th May 2001, 01:53
Thanks Katoi.You see Thailand is such a beautiful kingdom that makes me feel right at home.The people and the culture are so wonderful and quite honestly I miss that so much.I wish I was a thai national!Than maybe I could return to bangkok and fly for Thai.
What about Bangkok Airways ?Do they except expat pilots?
cheers.

anito4a
19th May 2001, 03:39
Invariably,

I agree with you about the Thai people and their hospitality. They're wonderful people! :)

Looks like Bangkok Air only accepts Thai Nationals. Check out the following web page.

http://www.bkkair.co.th/classify.htm

PBAir, however, is another option and they do take foreigners. They currently operate F28's but it appears that they're expanding their operations Internationally. More info can be found from their recruitment website.

http://www.jet-aviator.com/pilots.htm

Good luck!

Invaribly
23rd May 2001, 21:31
Anyone got any more info for me out there?

Frozen Falcon
24th May 2001, 16:00
I applied for a job with Thai 2 years ago, during this time I was a qualified F/O on
MD80.
I got a negative reply, they basically hire locals and if they require expats they hire them via an organisation like for e.g.
parc aviation.

A rumour I heard is that they once hired a Swissair Senior F/O (Cruise Captain) qualified on MD11 with heavy hours on type.
The rumour says he was hired as a direct entry Capt on MD11.

cheers