PDA

View Full Version : Permit / C of A

max.luke
12th Mar 2011, 10:22
Hi everyone - I fly microlights and am only aware of how the Permit system works for these - is it the same for group A / SEP aircraft that fly on a permit? I.e Annual inspection + check flight + check of all documentation?

And how does a C of A work? I have no idea and I can't seem to find any information on what actually is involved for say a PA28 every year? Is it the same as a permit just more extensive and expensive? If someone could explain it I would appreciate it!

Humaround
12th Mar 2011, 15:02
As far as the LAA Permit renewal is concerned, the annual inspection can be carried out by the owner(s), or by a someone employed by them the do the work. The LAA have a schedule for this inspection. Your LAA Inspector then attends and looks at whatever he/she (are there any shes?) wants to look at, and may require further work to be carried out at their discretion. When they consider the Permit may be renewed, they issue a form which you return to the LAA, along with the renewal fee which for average SEP craft is currently £180.

If the old Permit has lapsed, your Inspector issues a Permit to Test, and you then complete the flight testing required in the LAA document (see LAA website, the link is too long to post here).

This is mostly from memory, someone will say if I've got it wrong.

Not sure if this is the same as the microlight Permit renewal. Also can't comment on C of A situation.

Rod1
12th Mar 2011, 15:46
An LAA micro and an LAA “group A” are identical from this perspective.

Rod1

max.luke
12th Mar 2011, 15:49
Thanks - I thought so, Im just not sure what is involved in a C of A - im sure someone will be along to explain soon!

Thanks guys! :ok:

Hen Ddraig
16th Mar 2011, 00:07
LAA permit now £190 minimum

Time to spare? go by air.

Hen ddraig

Rod1
16th Mar 2011, 09:08
Minimum LAA permit renewal is £105, my Group A machine is £140, max (for 3 or more seats) is £210. Most 2 seat micros would be £140.

Rod1