PDA

View Full Version : LSA-kit: The All New Patriot

Ultra long hauler
19th Sep 2010, 14:13
Hi all,

just bought the kit and I´m all excited--> I´ll buy the Rotax 100HP to go with it, and a glass cockpit.

Patriot (http://www.can-zacaviation.com/patriot.htm)

Aero patriot Industria Aeronáutica (http://www.aerobravo.com.br/patriot.htm)

Any feedback??

###Ultra Long hauler###

Sir George Cayley
19th Sep 2010, 14:58
Congratulations ! Looks surprisingly attractive and appears a well thought out solution. I like the way the engine instruments faced towards the pilot.

5.5 hrs range ? My bladder's range is 2 hrs :hmm:

Sir George Cayley

Ultra long hauler
19th Sep 2010, 15:15
2 hr. bladder range--> well for me personally, bladder range is not so much an issue as long as I´m sober--> and I tend to fly sober.
Also, a sanitary stop can be interesting, and it´s still good to know that you don´t have to relieve yourself next to a gas station--> it creates flexibility.

Yep, I love the design, the centre console is where I will have 1 central throttle lever--> not that iron stick coming out of the dashboard like on the pics.
Cost the same!!

Looking forward to have her assembled.
Presently working on the livery……….

Cheers,

###Ultra Long hauler###

jxc
19th Sep 2010, 17:02
Hi

Nice kit how many hours do they say it will take to build ?
Roughly how much is the Kit wihout engine and instruments ?

Good Luck

Ultra long hauler
19th Sep 2010, 22:06
The kit cost me around US$26.000,-.
This includes seats, seat belts, wheels, cockpit panelling, and a choice between 2 paint jobs etc. I did not take the brakes for the co-pilot, and as mentioned I went for a central throttle, not the double knob. Bear in mind that the cowling for Rotax and Continental (air cooled) are different--> see pics.

Extras that I took were long range tanks, the exhaust kit for Rotax, and the wheel fairings.

My insruments I will purchase from Spuce, USA.

I bought this Aeroandina in Cali, Colombia.
Please check taxes for transport for the UK.

Cheers,

###Ultra Long Hauler###