PDA

View Full Version : North Weald Aerofair 2001

Nishko
16th May 2001, 17:07
Any private flyers flying in over the weekend?

N

AC-DC
16th May 2001, 19:35
I will be there but you will not speak to me.

M14P
16th May 2001, 19:36
I'll be there. Bring your mates. It's shaping up to be a good show. Lots to look at and wish for.

Flyswift
16th May 2001, 23:18
Weather is scheduled (yeah right) to be very good, both Saturday & Sunday. Lets hope so.....
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/aircraft/stuka3.gif

FNG
17th May 2001, 12:24
Hey Flyswift, I take it from your graphic that you are coming in a Stuka. Do you get good gas mileage from that? :)

SteveR
18th May 2001, 00:53
I'm going to be there tomorrow, pax in a brown and white Rallye 880.

Dunno what's to see on the Friday?

Steve R

------------------
PPL(A) EGTO
View my logbook, back up your own:
http://www.e-logbooks.co.uk

[This message has been edited by SteveR (edited 17 May 2001).]

FNG
18th May 2001, 13:06
I have a 12-1230 arrival slot, Cap 10b G-BXFE. Anyone for tea and medals at the Squadron?

edit: Saturday, that is

[This message has been edited by FNG (edited 18 May 2001).]

PilotsPal
18th May 2001, 14:06
I just posted something on Aircrew Notices about this before I checked this forum. I'll be in or around the Squadron bar tomorrow afternoon/evening and would be pleased to say hello. Small piece of advice: they've got some decent proper beer in for the occasion but only two barrels, and half of the first one was consumed ("tested") last night by a greedy PPRuNer and his syndicate partner...

Lew Ton
18th May 2001, 18:06
If you are going to the Aerofair please check you have the correct frequency. North Weald have been allocated 121.175 MHz for the weekend. This morning we had at least a dozen aircraft calling on Luton GMC's frequency of 121.75 MHz. :mad:

It wouldn’t have been too bad if it were just an initial call to establish contact but many leapt straight into their joining patter, booking reference, position report to the nearest second of arc, colour of socks, etc. The frequency is perfectly clear in the AIC.

Please pass on to non-PPRuNers. Thanks!

skua
18th May 2001, 19:31
Hey PP, did Ground Loop have a thirst on?

PilotsPal
18th May 2001, 19:47
Embarrassingly so! In fact, he's escaped from work early and I suspect is over there cleaning up the barrel as I write!

Nishko
18th May 2001, 20:09
Lew Ton

Thanks for the warning.

Nish

------------------
"...Don't bother arguing with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience...."

Zlin526
18th May 2001, 23:18
Spent the day there today. Watch out for Xavier de Lapparent in the Sukhoi SU31. Awesome display....Shame the view will be spoilt tomorrow by the Saturday Market!

[This message has been edited by Zlin526 (edited 18 May 2001).]

Loony_Pilot
18th May 2001, 23:54
The display on Sat will be at 1600-1700, same format as before.
This allows time for the market to more or less disperse, also cant have aerobatics too close to a crowded area.

If any PPruners are there, come and say hello.. I'm working at NW at the moment whilst trying to get an airline job, you'll probably see me sniffing around the Pilatus PC-12 during my lunch break wearing a nice bright high vis jacket...

AC-DC
19th May 2001, 01:05
Nishko
Sorry, but can not do it on Sunday. I'll be there on Saturday instead.

Nishko
19th May 2001, 02:54
Ok, sorry. I have to go on Sunday. Have a good time... Maybe another time!

Cheers,

Nish.

------------------
"...Don't bother arguing with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience...."

Ivchenko
20th May 2001, 23:43
Good, wasn't it?

That PC7 seemed very big for one engine.

Flyswift
20th May 2001, 23:58
Went today (Sunday). Arrived by car boo-hoo! No Market though, took 5 mins from M11, to be walking amoungst the planes; most excellent.

Now where can I get my hands on a bright yellow Sukhoi ? ;)

LowNSlow
24th May 2001, 00:18
I went on Saturday, fool. By car, double fool. What a nightmare but made worthwhile by getting a Pilot III GPS and the displays. That Xavier chap had my chin on the floor. Utterly amazing what you can do with 400 hp and a small airframe :)

I was a bit ticked off cos I couldn't make my pre-booked arrival slot. Being a nice (but dim) chap I phoned in to cancel it. Whilst sitting on the apparently NCP run M11 listening to my handheld radio I heard a chappie call in his arrival. The arrival slot number obviously didn't mean anything to the chap on the ground until Mr. Pilot explained that he was over an hour late. "No problem" came the reply. I was a tad peed off seeing as I'd been sat in my motor for the last 30 mins sweating my cobs off (Mexican air-con, the windows open) and could have easily got in max 30 mins from my slot. I'll know better next time.

M14P
24th May 2001, 00:42
What a boy that Xav is - absolutely amazing in every way.

I thought it was a great show.

mitten
25th May 2001, 22:19
LowNslow

Sorry, I was the one who was an hour late... they don't seem to mind if you sound like you know what your doing.

Show was great... Xavier... 70% of the display is below the stall speed of the aircraft, or so I am informed.

Stuff like that isn't learnt... its divinely given!

------------------
If you fly too close to the ground at too slow speed, the earth will rise up and smite thee.

Nishko
25th May 2001, 23:33
It was a great show wasn't it?

It was great fun to fly in, but I was a little concerned regarding the visual circuit at times... I must admit, I was a little miffed at the C172 that turned inside me when I was on 1/3 mile final - I watched him/her make a very early base turn even though it was clear from thr RT transmissions that he was actually number 3 in traffic! And was even more astonished that they continued on a converging course with me until I had to take avoiding action at only a few hundred feet... not much fun in a 152 I can tell you. The question in my mind is: Surely they could not be keeping such a poor look out that they didn't see me on final with all of my flaps dangling!!!

The moral of this story need not be mentioned.

Oh yes, and while I'm feeling a little riteous, I couldn't help noticing that at least 10 pilots who's aircraft were parked next to mine did no walk around of their aircraft what so ever before departing at the end of the show. Scary.

Nish.

AC-DC
25th May 2001, 23:58
I went on Saturday and while seating in the car for about 40min. a twin was pushed twice by a 172 and had to go around. I think that such events should be governed by ATC. If it was, than it was very poor, at least as seen from the ground.