View Full Version : Cessna Caravan (c208) rating.

TomJeffery
14th Jun 2010, 16:04
Hi,

I am looking to do my turbine rating in the USA as I want to work as a jump pilot at a local skydive center where I live. If I wanted to fly the aircraft, which is a Cessna Caravan C208, would I have to do my turbine rating on that particular aircraft if I wanted to fly it?

Failing that, does anyone know any places in the USA which do ratings on turbine aircraft from the Cessna family?

A321COBI
14th Jun 2010, 19:03
I dont know if this site will be any good but give it a go

AirplanesUSA Aircraft Sales - Aircraft Rating Scale (http://airplanesusa.com/WingTips/rating-scale/)

WALKINONCLOUDS
14th Jun 2010, 19:50
Try Tubine Training Academy In Manhatten Kansas

kenparry
15th Jun 2010, 13:31
I see you are in the UK. In part, what you need to do depends on whether the aircraft is N- reg or G- reg, and on your licence, FAA or European.

For the latter, the rating you need is the Class Rating SET(Land); this extract from LASORs is relevant:

F1.6 REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ADDITION OF A SET (LAND) CLASS RATING
For rating issue you must:-
a. Provide evidence of having completed an approved course of training in accordance with JAR-FCL for the purposes of the rating.
b. Pass a Licensing Skills Test (LST) conducted by a JAR authorised Class Rating Examiner (CRE) or FE.
c. Pass a theoretical knowledge exam (oral as part of the LST).
d. If applicable, meet the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.251 if the aeroplane is a High Performance Aeroplane (HPA). For further details please refer to High Performance Aeroplanes (HPA) within the General Information at the start of Section F.

JAR-FCL1.261/1.262 refers.

Liftboy
26th Jun 2010, 07:57
Tom,

if Germany is an option for you we can do the CessnaSET on our 208A.

We have own CRI's/CRE's.

PM for further infos...

Cheers...

SloppyJoe
26th Jun 2010, 09:48
Tom,

Do not do the rating just so you can apply for a job at a few skydiving centers in the UK. I am making this assumption as if you had a job offer you would know the answer as the skydiving center would be advising you. If you do not have a job offer it is pretty much the same as throwing your money away. If you have not spoken to them already go chat with them and see if they have a place for you. If they dont, do a skydiving course with them, become a packer and spend as much time at the DZ as you can. If you are a nice guy you would be next in line to be offered a chance to fly their plane probably if you meet the experience requirements or are close to them.

If you do have an offer of a job and I have got it wrong and you can do it in the US would highly recommend turbine training center in Kansas. Did a C208 initial course with them in 2003 and was very impressed.