PDA

View Full Version : Immediate Answers Please Guys!!!!help

A340AM
7th Jun 2010, 07:25
Hey guys can u please answer these questions below , im really confused!!!!

1) Give the three different kinds of dampers and explain in detail their purpose and in which channels they act. Give block diagrams of the closed loop structures and explain all blocks in the diagram. Give also transfer functions where possible and explain them.

2) Explain in depth how a heading angle hold mode works in an aircraft. Your description should include at least the following topics enumerated below.

• Explain the purpose of a heading angle hold mode and describe which type of control device (surface) and type of feedback loop structure (sensor) are needed.

3) How can the heading angle be calculated from the roll angle? For this purpose, consider an aircraft in a flat turn with constant turn radius Rt and determine the equations of motion.

4) 4. Describe the glideslope hold mode of a general autopilot in detail. Your description should include at least the following topics enumerated below.

• A clear picture of the situation in which the to-be-controlled parameter can be found.
• Assumptions which are made in this figure.
• A procedure which shows clearly how the control law is determined.
• A block diagram which represents the control law determined earlier.
• An explanation of the nature of each block in the diagram, and definitions of models or transfer functions of all these blocks.

After you described the glideslope hold mode in detail, explain the influence of the slant range R on the closed loop performance. Give three ways how this can be compensated.

please please , help me with these questions !!!
thank you

PENKO
7th Jun 2010, 10:03
...yet in India FO's are not allowed to land the aircraft.

A340AM, I have absolutely no definite answer to your questions. I can give you my best guesses, but you won't go far with that. I'm just baffled that you, as a (future?) pilot, need the answers. Is this the required technical standard for pilot applications in India? Or is it just a general enquiry? I'm sure there are some aeronautical engineers around able to explain this technical stuff in detail though!

kick the tires
7th Jun 2010, 10:41
A340Am,

It took me less than one minute to type 'heading angle hold mode' into google and get an answer.

I suggest you do the same.

A340AM
7th Jun 2010, 10:46
@penko
umm il take whatever u have , i v had no luck whatsoever ,
the basic topic is "INTRODUCTION TO AUTOMATIC FLIGHT CONTROL "
pl help me out !!
thanks

MrBernoulli
7th Jun 2010, 13:17
I'm not convinced that A340AM is asking his/her questions as a pilot - this sounds more like engineering! A340AM - are you a pilot (wannabe?) or an engineer (wannabe?)?

Grasscarp
7th Jun 2010, 15:01
As kick the tires already said, google can help you. Much of what you are asking is from a 2008 exam and the questions and solutions are given in this website
http://www.aerostudents.com/files/automaticFlightControl/examApril2008ProblemsAndSolutions.pdf

A340AM
7th Jun 2010, 15:24
@grasscarp - thank you so very much for the link , found the questions there , had a lot of trouble wid the internet today nd this stuff was real important
thank you once again!!

Punkstar
7th Jun 2010, 19:05
thank you soo sooo much for the link!!!!!!
phew!!
have all answers now!

Grasscarp
7th Jun 2010, 20:32
You are welcome. Usually if you put a sentence into google with speech marks round it e.g. "introduction to automatic flight control" you can come up with some sites. This was all I did to find the site you needed.

Alber Ratman
7th Jun 2010, 22:23
He is a wanabe B2 student.. Who has posted this questions on various boards. He got more grief on the engineers forum..:ugh:

john_tullamarine
7th Jun 2010, 23:32
posted this questions on various boards

Noted the same this morning. I think we can close this thread.

For the OP, site policy is to post a thread to one forum only otherwise it all gets a bit untidy.