PDA

View Full Version : A320 cabin crew call to cockpit

FLEXPWR
21st May 2010, 17:40
Hi there,

Anyone with detailed info on the inhibit function on the buzzer sound in the cockpit when the CC calls and the aircraft is during take-off or landing?

I've been digging through FCOM's to get a real value of what is defined as take-off or landing (like the little diagram for the inhibition of some failures on ECAM) but there is no specifics for this particular cabin call.

The "ATT" light will be flashing without the buzzer sound. Is it a RAD ALT trigger, or LDG Gear? or both? This inhibition is also valid for EMER calls.

I would appreciate any answer with a document source I can refer to.

Thanks Pruners!

Flex

rudderrudderrat
21st May 2010, 19:01
Hi Flex,

FCOM 1.31.15.
To improve its operational efficacy, the computer inhibits some warnings and cautions for certain flight phases. It does so to avoid alerting the pilots unnecessarily at times when they have high workloads, such as during takeoff or landing. In these two phases, the DU displays magenta memos : "T.O. INHIBIT" (flight phases 3, 4, and 5), and "LDG INHIBIT" (flight phases 7 and 8).

FCOM. 1.23.20
"A buzzer (inhibited during takeoff and landing) will sound."

FLEXPWR
22nd May 2010, 05:40
Thanks Rudder,

So that's all? just part of the TO INHIB function?

I think I was looking way too deep into the specific item, and probably missed the big picture. Makes sense now, but it is still odd that Airbus does not just say that the buzzer is part of the functions inhibited by the TO INHIB....that would avoid any confusion...

Thank a lot anyway, I'll redefine my ways of sifting through pages...:ok:

Flex

cactusbusdrvr
22nd May 2010, 06:29
That is the most annoying sound in aviation. Other than "this is crew scheduling, we have a change to your pairing".