PDA

View Full Version : Condor Emergency Divert To Gmad

justintime5
12th May 2010, 11:44
Hi I was flying down to GCLP 11 May around 2220z and heard a Condor declare emergency and after some confusion about available airports in Morroco (most closed last night due to ash) they diverted to GMAD Agadir. They requested fire brigade and stopping on the runway.

Any one knows what happened and if they are all Ok?

Gmad was closed but availabe for emergency landing.

flyby797
12th May 2010, 23:38
Hi, a/c stil on the ground at GMAD. It's a B757-300. I'm working on friday from GMAD. I'll try to have some news from airport authorities.

Ireland105
16th May 2010, 06:45
always a difficult one, agadir being a challenging approach at the best of times.

GARDENER
16th May 2010, 07:33
Agadir, challenging approach?

Nightrider
17th May 2010, 09:09
Agadir has a very challenging approach only for the speedy pilots, if following the standard speeds as published there is nothing at all challenging. The most comfortable approach is always to proceed overhead the VOR and follow the teardrop procedure for the ILS or VOR approach. Just request it from the controller and 99% of the time you will get it. The radar vectoring is at times a bit sluggish, watch the cleared altitudes, monto granito is very close and you may be lower than the Jepp radar chart limits.

The 757 was still there on Saturday with the #2 engine reverser deployed and engineers busy around the plane. Could not get any info however.