PDA

View Full Version : SkyWest A320

Pages : 1 [2]

Continental-520
26th Oct 2010, 12:21
It would have been July had it not been for some unforseen circumstances. Most of the delay from what I understand was brought about by other parties.

In any case, I presume it still has to go through the AOC process yet, so probably will be years end before it's up will it not.

I'm led to believe that process is underway now, and should be complete within 2 weeks or so, but I could be completely wrong.

Xeptu
27th Oct 2010, 00:15
yeah well coulda shoulda woulda, wasnt the argument, it was about the process, nothing to do with XR's desires ambitions or capabilities.

two weeks is ambitious too, casa needs 30 days notice just to scratch their arse and you can't book an emergency evac demo until all the boxes are ticked and the aircraft is ready to go.

years end is looking very likely, sounds like you owe evilc an apology.

dodgybrothers
27th Oct 2010, 00:58
geez I wonder if Skywest would of thought of that?

Xeptu
27th Oct 2010, 01:07
I'm sure they have and I'm sure XR would be pushing real hard for a date in November, because we all know the world stops in December, pretty hard to put a casa team together then.
they still have a few weeks it is do-able, but lets wait and see how they go.

I guess I should explain what has to happen for the benefit of those who don't know.

XR have done this before, twice in fact, once for the original charter AOC and then again about 12 months later when it became an RPT AOC High Capacity when the F100 was first introduced.

The AOC is issued in much the same way as we would do an instrument rating renewal. A CASA team is assembled, Engineering, Cabin crew, Tech crew and a team leader who oversees everything. they come from all around the country. All the boxes must be ticked "on the day" the grand finale is the line flight and emergency evac demo, if there are any show stoppers in there and just one of those boxes are not ticked, it's all over and you have to do the whole thing again and that won't happen inside 30 days.

Now XR have done this before, however none of the original team are still with XR today, so it will be a brand new first time team, we cheat actually and put someone in there who has done it before, because thats the smart thing to do. It's an absolutely daunting day for the entire team and at the end of the day the team is totally exhausted, there's nothing fun in it at all.
This is not something you want to be doing twice, so getting it right is essential.

Good on them and good luck.

muII
27th Oct 2010, 01:35
Well i hear on the grape vine that the emerg evac's have been done this week and the proving runs start tomorrow, so not as bad as you all make out........

Mr. Hat
27th Oct 2010, 01:38
Lets have a photo for crying out loud:rolleyes:!

muII
27th Oct 2010, 06:34
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/small/6/2/0/1728026.jpg (http://www.pprune.org/photo/Skywest-Airlines/Airbus-A320-231/1728026/&sid=015b9c95fcad1941baa189187368081a)http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/small/2/7/2/1670272.jpg (http://www.pprune.org/photo/Skywest-Airlines/Airbus-A320-231/1670272/&sid=015b9c95fcad1941baa189187368081a)

Continental-520
27th Oct 2010, 07:59
Xeptu,

two weeks is ambitious too, casa needs 30 days notice just to scratch their arse and you can't book an emergency evac demo until all the boxes are ticked and the aircraft is ready to go

Done two days ago mate. I know cause I took part and CASA were there.

sounds like you owe evilc an apology

Ummmm no. I think perhaps you should apologise for coming out with strong opinions based on a minimum of insight. Fact of the matter is, they're most of the way there. Regarless of what some people with their noses out of joint will publicise.

Now XR have done this before, however none of the original team are still with XR today, so it will be a brand new first time team

Another grossly misleading statement.

I guess you alongsid others will conveniently disappear from the forum when it's doing its first revenue flight. Probably better gone anyway! :yuk:

Xeptu
27th Oct 2010, 08:15
Whats up your arse 520, whats with the personal attacks. No-one is bagging out XR, none of my statements are incorrect. Just out of interest since you seem to know so much about it, who from the original team is still or back with XR, a PM will suffice.

An emergency Evac Demo with casa may well have been done, and a couple more too before D day, but, you'll still have to do one on D day with the full team. At least thats how it was 3 years ago, can't imagine anything has changed since then.

muII
27th Oct 2010, 08:40
[quote]who from the original team is still or back with XR.

Iam also interested it the above Quote??

D'pirate
27th Oct 2010, 11:53
I'm not :E but PC is, wise choice and good on them :ok:

Xeptu
27th Oct 2010, 11:59
Ah! excellent, I didn't know PC was back, well that's certainly a step in the right direction :) must get back over that way sometime and wind up the boys, been a long time between drinks :)

muII
27th Oct 2010, 12:27
Still many 20 years + drivers there, but still want to know Xeptu is on about??

Engineer_aus
28th Oct 2010, 04:06
10th F100, and they haven't even flown FSL yet? Also when you look at their flying day to day most aircraft only fly 2 sectors and then get put to bed!

Chadzat
28th Oct 2010, 07:03
Also when you look at their flying day to day most aircraft only fly 2 sectors and then get put to bed!

Couldnt be further from the truth!

sled_driver71
28th Oct 2010, 09:20
Engineer_aus are you in perth? Do u not notice that most of their aircraft do ar least 4 sectors? the 50's do up to 8 a day! where do u get ur info?

ps congrats to the team at skywest! hope it works out well...

muII
28th Oct 2010, 23:29
sled_driver71, i agree with you, most days they do between 4 and 6 sectors, depending on if its charter or rpt, even getting x hires at times as they dont have enough F100's, but guys keep the bagging going, and we will keep you on the straight and level, while xr just grows.........

dreamjob
29th Oct 2010, 15:11
Good to hear FNP flying about today. :ok:

Xeptu
30th Oct 2010, 04:36
MUII "what is xeptu going on about"

I thought I'd explained that pretty well back in post number 256. I'm going on about the issue of your Air Operators Certificate A320 RPT (High capacity)

Mate it's probably faster if you work for XR to speak with the manager overseeing the AOC project, who ever that may be, he can answer all your questions what the process is and what happens "on the day" the CASA army of inspectors take up residence for a couple of days in the office.

If you have any questions beyond that I'd be happy to explain best I can.

Goodluck All

Rotaiva
30th Oct 2010, 06:06
Xeptu:
From your post 256:...none of the original team are still with XR today...From your following post 261...none of my statements are incorrect...Oh yes they are!
As those 'in the know', know....PC was part of the original team!

Thus your own credibility is open to question...
Why would we seek answers from a proven dubious source??:confused:

Xeptu
30th Oct 2010, 06:20
Quite Correct, an honest mistake I didnt know PC was back with the XR team and acknowledged in post 264. He was indeed a member of the original team and as such probably won't have any issues from the flight ops end of the process.

For some reason you guys appear to be a little over passionate over this thread. I posted here in good faith, however it appears to be something of a pissing contest, over which I have no interest.

Good luck to you guys in XR with the AOC, hope it goes well for you on the day, and on that note I shall bid you farewell.

dash-8focker
30th Oct 2010, 12:03
The big bird flew to cloud break on the 26-10-10 and was grounded on the tarmac for the night , had dramas .......

100 odd blokes wern't too happy staying an extra night.

nobhead
30th Oct 2010, 12:09
:yuk: a320 a big bird ya kidding right its a light twin, for gods sake.

XRlent320
30th Oct 2010, 12:28
Dash 8, no it didn't. It's not even on the aoc yet so it isn't allowed to carry pax yet. It's done three "trial" flights and all have returned to Perth.

Xeptu, this is why we get our backs up because of bulls@$t comments like that.

muII
31st Oct 2010, 06:08
I agree, it hasnt stayed overnight anywhere apart from perth.

And Xeptu, you still in that great long reply, have not answered my Q, maybe you should read it again, or maybe its cause you have no facts.

Your Quote:
...none of the original team are still with XR today...

YPJT
31st Oct 2010, 10:31
Skywest did their final evacuation demonstration today for CASA and received the thumbs up. Proving flight tomorrow then just wait for the final piece of paper from the regulator to see FNP in the sky. Well done guys.:ok:

VH-UFO
31st Oct 2010, 13:14
dash-8focker; "The big bird flew to cloud break on the 26-10-10 and was grounded on the tarmac for the night , had dramas .......
100 odd blokes wern't too happy staying an extra night."

Your wrong about it being the A320, but right about 100 odd blokes not being happy.

When i went to the camp at 2230 that night they were all over the place getting rather drunk. And knocking off work that morning, dry mess door smashed, crap everywhere.

Can say a few people not happy with Skywest.

Still cant do the GNSS approaches at night hey?

Mmmm.....

XRlent320
31st Oct 2010, 14:10
Didn't Skywest x-hire Alliance and they broke down? Is that the flight you're talking about?

Continental-520
1st Nov 2010, 01:07
and on that note I shall bid you farewell

Yep, as forseen, they all disappear once they realise their statements are incorrect and the process gets completed without a hitch!

Such....gentlemen. :D

The Green Goblin
1st Nov 2010, 01:32
Quote:
dash-8focker; "The big bird flew to cloud break on the 26-10-10 and was grounded on the tarmac for the night , had dramas .......
100 odd blokes wern't too happy staying an extra night."
Your wrong about it being the A320, but right about 100 odd blokes not being happy.

When i went to the camp at 2230 that night they were all over the place getting rather drunk. And knocking off work that morning, dry mess door smashed, crap everywhere.

Well, whats your solution? Fly an unservicable aeroplane?

Good on the crews for not being scared to write it up. That is what makes Skywest a great company to work for.

Skynews
1st Nov 2010, 01:42
Good on the crews for not being scared to write it up. That is what makes Skywest a great company to work for.

Now that is funny. :E
What else would they do with an unserviceability? :confused:
Why would some one be scared to write it up? Poisonous ink? Does the book explode? :oh:
I long for the day I can work with pilots brave enough to write things up, it will be great. :ok:
I would have though there was more to a good company than have an aircraft that has problems so you can write it up. What fun. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, what a sad industry when, I suspect, newbies think it is heroic to write up a problem, regardless of circumstances. It's not brave it's required and if you know people who don't do it, then you should report them. To suggest a company is "great" especially a company with a high capacity AOC, because they write up problems is unusual is disappointing.

topend3
1st Nov 2010, 14:01
proving flight carried out today to YPKA, on ground for a long time, and took up a bay during the busiest time of day whilst their scheduled F100 sat out on Foxtrot...good thinking (or lack of) by the XR team...

VH-UFO
1st Nov 2010, 14:17
Well, whats your solution? Fly an unservicable aeroplane?

Nope, dont have a problem at all for writing up an unserviceable aircraft.

Yet i would expect Skywest to have a backup plan of some sort, instead of the atitude you seem to be putting forward of, 'oh well stiff sh*t, put up with it.

Does Skywest not have a backup plan so to speak for incidents like this?

I would be surprised if they dont, and if they dont, what are the chances of the contract being renewed if you keep on pissing off the customers?:=

Actually tell me, if you work for Skywest, what is the contingency plan for an event like this, i would be interested to know.:)

Continental-520
2nd Nov 2010, 13:21
I don't want to come out with any outrageous or frivolous ideas here, but perhaps the back up plan is the same as what every other company does? I.e. Organise for another aircraft/engineer when a breakdown occurs. Forgive me for thinking that is normal, cause I'm sure there are operators out there that NEVER break down, run late or piss off clients. :D

Capn Bloggs
2nd Nov 2010, 13:29
proving flight carried out today to YPKA, on ground for a long time, and took up a bay during the busiest time of day whilst their scheduled F100 sat out on Foxtrot...good thinking (or lack of) by the XR team...
Your airport's not big enough! ;)

topend3
2nd Nov 2010, 22:52
would be if you guys didn't have 2 x hairdryers taking up valuable space for 2 years....

dijon moutard
3rd Nov 2010, 01:53
congratulations to all of the "team" at xr on gaining a airbus a320 on to their aoc ; which was completed on monday 1st november 2010.

cheers
mustard :ok:

Icarus2001
3rd Nov 2010, 08:31
Can anyone advise what pax capacity their A320 has ?

muII
3rd Nov 2010, 08:58
Me thinks it maybe 162 ?? to keep in line with there std seat pitch across the fleet.

topend3
3rd Nov 2010, 11:12
correct its 162

Skystar320
8th Nov 2010, 10:06
Whilst inspecting an aircraft earlier this morning I had to put the clipboard down and watch the Skywest A320 glide into the airport this morning.

Absolute bliss!

Well done XR

Capn Bloggs
8th Nov 2010, 10:36
watch the Skywest A320 glide into the airport this morning
Arrh, yes, the new Noise Abatement procedure. Or was it the fuel conservation team's new arrival technique?

Out with it, MR. What ARE you teaching those guys? :}

dash-8focker
13th Nov 2010, 10:05
The A320 , bound for cloudbreak yesterday afternoon , had to turn back shortly after take off , hydraulic probblems .

causing delys at cloudbreak , finaly got home on the trusty F100 :)

Nautilus Blue
13th Nov 2010, 21:41
Does anyone know when it's likely to get RVSM and RNAV approval? I assume the aircraft has all the gear, it's just a matter of paperwork.

Skystar320
15th Nov 2010, 09:57
Love the sight of the Skywest A320 on finals today, alot nicer than the aircraft of Strategics which could do with a good wash!

willadvise
10th Jan 2011, 07:53
Sorry to dredge this one up again but for the benefit of anyone interested in the original "bet"

Having said that I guess your challenge is a fair call Chad. I'm happy to put up or shut up. But we best set the ground rules first - A320 (VH-FNP from all reports) on the XR AOC under RPT in the Ops Specs with RNP-10 and RVSM approvals, plus exemption to operate on 30m runways (otherwise Cloudbreak would be out from my look in the ERSA). First commercial sector (carrying paying pax) before midnight on 31st Dec 2010. Sound fair?

Given CASA's service delivery standard of 130 business days (5.9 months) for the task of adding a new fleet type to an AOC we would need overuns of around 2 months. The aircraft came into Oz a "G" registered ship then I'm guessing the CofA is still not complete, so overrun possible.....

Now, the XR boys are saying "operating by June" in their posts. I'm sticking my neck out, so what will you boys offer if the aircraft is not operating by then? In fact I'll give you some grace.... lets say August 1st and I'll even waiver the 30m runway bit cause I have heard those "safety case" thingies are hard work. Sound fair?

RVSM and RNP approval were obtained on 22 Dec. Evilc you weren't very far off the mark with your 31st Dec date.

VBPCGUY
10th Jan 2011, 09:26
The XR A320 was on the cargo ramp at MEL yesterday arvo.

gobbledock
10th Jan 2011, 10:21
I would love to see Evilc, XR and Skystar320 go at it again for old times sake !
It has been way too quiet for the past few months.
C'mon boys, where is the debate over the Dec 31 timeline, Evilc was pretty close to the mark after all ?

topend3
10th Jan 2011, 23:37
The XR A320 was on the cargo ramp at MEL yesterday arvo.

not surprised as it gets maintained there...

dreamjob
11th Jan 2011, 12:30
Any truth to XR having 2 more A320's in the near future?

topend3
11th Jan 2011, 23:55
think the main aim is to have a fleet of 4 which they will need to justify the investment...however finding the profitable work is going to be the interesting part!

sled_driver71
12th Jan 2011, 00:46
don't you usually find the work to justify the aircraft??

topend3
13th Jan 2011, 03:16
was more pointing to the reasoning behind multiple frames in regard to economies of scale offsetting the initial investment in the type. But yes correct, finding the work is paramount...

sled_driver71
16th Jan 2011, 08:21
Skystar320

Any truth to the rumours that XR are getting the sister ship to FNP in March?

scorcher
4th Feb 2011, 00:35
Heard that there may be truth in it.
Would be fantastic to get another bus over here.

VH-UFO
6th May 2011, 14:52
A question for you Skywest folk, is that thing airworthy?

Stuck at Cloudbreak again tonite, 40 people having to stay back overnight.

Not bitching about the decision making of the people up front, good on them for doing so, but its FNP people here are starting to worry about coz this is certainly not the first time its happened!

So can you allay the fears of the miners that ride in the back of that thing coz its starting to get a rep here.

Cheers!

Chadzat
7th May 2011, 02:16
UFO- How many other contracts, mining or otherwise are served with 1 single aircraft ALL the time. I understand their Fortescue contract is served by both the A320 and F100's, but there is only 1 A320, and all it does is go to Cloudbreak. So therefore any time it has a tech issue, it is going to be on that service. Makes sense right?

How many times has it been 'stuck' since it started operating last year? If they had other airframes that were able to be swapped and rotated around, I bet the punters wouldn't have a clue that the aircraft they were originally meant to be on actually went U/S earlier in the day.

It is an old airframe though......

higherplane
8th May 2011, 02:04
Come on UFO, "is that thing airworthy" is a pretty antagonistic troll like remark. I'm guessing by your posts you are one of the the guys based in Cloudbreak flying Chieftains for OzWest or whatever it's called these days. My point being is that you are actually a pilot and not a tosser troll that's come to pprune to stir the pot. You should know as well as anybody else the all aircraft go tech sometimes. As Chadzat said there is only one in the fleet so it's pretty obvious when an aircraft change has to be made. I'm just wondering where you've got your info from about the number of break downs FNP has had, because from what I've heard it's been a very reliable aircraft. If you've got a figure of the number of times it's gone tech and not been able to depart I'd be very interested to compare this to all the other older aircraft based out of Perth and the newer ones for that matter.

jarden
9th May 2011, 07:17
There is a 6 page story on Skywest in the AA. It states they will get 1 more A320 and 2 more F100s. It goes on to mention that they are interested in serving ADL, SIN (likely from PHE) and tap into Pilbara to the East Coast.

muII
9th May 2011, 08:36
Yes that may well have been the plan, but will it still happen now that HD have gone.....???

VH-UFO
9th May 2011, 13:17
No higherplane im NOT a tosser, and thanks very much for that abuse.

I used to work in the industry for a brief time, have a pilots licence and do still have an interest in aviation.

Yes i do work at cloudbreak in a management position.

Now, for your interest a miners time at home is precious to him/her, and when they have to remain back at camp overnight because an aircraft goes tech, or gets delayed by hours, then it starts to take its toll, and questions start getting asked.

Not once in the year and a half working here have i been delayed by technical reasons when flying the Fokker, yet the poor bastards on that Airbus have been delayed or held overnight more than a few times. It would not surprise me one iota if it had already overtaken the Fokkers in tech issues.

I understand that aircraft go tech, and am in no way blaming the pilots for doing so, but im asking the question as to why this aircraft appears to go tech a heck of a lot more than the Fokkers do.

And yes Chadzat it is and old aircraft, 20 years with 22 operators, does that sound right?

higherplane
10th May 2011, 07:15
UFO, I don't want to start something. I apologise for the tosser remark even though I did call you a pilot (which you are) and not a tosser. However I can see how you would interpret it that way. I just get annoyed at what I perceive as people stirring the pot on pprune when it's supposed to be about sharing rumours and interesting gossip.

The plane is obviously airworthy otherwise why would the crew bother to write something up and ground the plane in Cloudbreak if they are already flying an unairworthy aircraft...what's one more problem hey?

My vague understanding with the A320 is that you are correct about the age and in a sense about the operators. It has only been owned however, by a few companies who controlled all the maintenance etc and then wet leased it to the others you mentioned. I can see how all those operators etc can seemingly put a tarnish on an aircraft's history. The reality is that everything is recorded that is done to an aircraft and CASA (and Skywest for that matter) would have gone through it with a fine toothed comb before letting it onto the Australian registrar.

If you are talking about aircraft ages you'll probably find the vast amount of FIFO work is done in aircraft of a similar age. Unless the bosses at RIO, FMG, BHP etc are going to start paying a lot more money this is not going to change in a hurry.

topend3
10th May 2011, 07:32
Now, for your interest a miners time at home is precious to him/her, and when they have to remain back at camp overnight because an aircraft goes tech, or gets delayed by hours, then it starts to take its toll, and questions start getting asked.

Come on UFO I think this comment is a bit dramatic and over-stated....how many times has the aircraft ACTUALLY gone tech overnight?

Skystar320
10th May 2011, 10:44
My vague understanding with the A320 is that you are correct about the age and in a sense about the operators. It has only been owned however, by a few companies who controlled all the maintenance etc and then wet leased it to the others you mentioned. I can see how all those operators etc can seemingly put a tarnish on an aircraft's history

I wouldnt bother about posting that here, its been documented before but these 'armchair' experts with a can of VB in hand obviously don't know how to read into these things.

Checkerboard
11th May 2011, 07:22
Not once in the year and a half working here have i been delayed by technical reasons when flying the Fokker, yet the poor bastards on that Airbus have been delayed or held overnight more than a few times. It would not surprise me one iota if it had already overtaken the Fokkers in tech issues.

VH-UFO-
The answer lies purely in the fact that there is only ONE A320. Im sure the Fokkers have gone tech numerous times in your year and half but you have failed to see it because everyone has worked behind the scenes to make sure a replacement is organised and the schedule is uninterupted. I thought we did a very good job on Friday night to get 200 people out and left only 40 before last light!

Icarus2001
11th May 2011, 12:29
So can their A320 conduct RNAV(GNSS) approaches?

Jose Cuervo
15th May 2011, 01:49
From Skywest stock exchange announcement.....

12 May 2011
SKYWEST AIRLINES LTD
(“Skywest” or “the Company”)
EXPANSION OF FLEET AIRBUS A320 AND FOKKER 100
Skywest, the Australian and South East Asia regional airline, is pleased to announce certain steps that it has
taken in order to provide for further fleet resources that will support commercial growth. Skywest intends this will
allow for continuing growth in the contracted scheduled charter sector of its business, connected to the delivery
of services to the resources sector.
FLEET
Skywest has acquired an option to lease an Airbus A320-231 which is the “sister ship” to its existing A320-231
(VH-FNP). This option has been obtained from Avation Plc, the lessor of VH-FNP. Skywest is making the
existence of the option known to its contracted scheduled charter clients, which option is valid until 30th June
2011. The proposed sister ship lease will be an operating lease for 4 years, substantially on the same terms as
VH-FNP, with the aircraft anticipated to be available to enter service around August 2011.
Furthermore, Skywest has entered into a Letter of Intent to purchase an additional Fokker 100 jet aircraft
directly. Should Skywest decide, in its sole discretion, to complete the acquisition, the aircraft would also be
available in the fleet around August 2011.
VIRGIN AIRCRAFT
Skywest is enjoying significant strategic growth and the arrangements with Virgin Australia could lead to a
doubling of Skywest’s overall fleet size with the addition of up to 18 additional ATR-72 aircraft. It is expected
that the first Virgin Australia aircraft will be delivered new from the factory to Skywest on 30th June 2011. This
first Virgin Australia-branded ATR-72 is expected to operate commercially by 29th August 2011. Notwithstanding
the growth in the national scope of operations associated with the Virgin Australia wet lease, Skywest also
maintains a core business strategy to expand its operations in respect to contracted scheduled charter and
additional RPT services.
NEW ROUTES
Skywest is proud to announce that in support of the expansion of operations in the Mid-West of Australia, it is
planning to expand operations to offer a weekly service from Geraldton to Denpasar, Bali for leisure and
commercial travelers. Sales of tickets for this route will commence on 22nd May 2011. Tickets may be
purchased on-line at Western Australia's Leading Regional Airline - Skywest Airlines (http://www.skywest.com.au) and through associated sales channels.
Furthermore, Skywest intends to provide connectivity from Geraldton through to the Pilbara and Geraldton to
the East Coast of Australia to Melbourne from July 2011, supporting Western Australia’s bush community.

jarden
25th May 2011, 12:15
Very good find Jose, some positive news about expansion plans as well.

Icarus2001
26th May 2011, 00:39
Skywest, the Australian and South East Asia regional airline
Someone needs to get their hand off it.

shirjoc
30th Sep 2011, 13:44
Where has FNP gone. Have heard a rumour that it has retuned to Melbourne.I guess it is because it has had a few problems over the last few months. Have also heard that the Cloudbreak mob could be looking for a new supplier and I do know that Strategic have been doing the run for a little while now. If Skywest do retain the contract and get the "sister Ship" to FNP that maybe the due dilligence be done more thoroughly to avoid having (not my words) Two(2) Hangar Queens. Its looking interesting.

listentome
1st Oct 2011, 04:14
FNP will be back tomorrow, as planned...ever heard of scheduled maintenance

Busboy92
1st Oct 2011, 05:29
Not sure that "scheduled maintenance" includes bashing the engine into the hangar door. Anyway, i thought the scheduled C-Check was in November?

dodgybrothers
1st Oct 2011, 11:18
into a hangar door? get new sources

VH-UFO
1st Oct 2011, 21:35
So was it the scheduled 'C' check?

I know a lot of people at Cloudbreak were getting Pis*&ed off with the delays caused by FNP's breakdowns.

Re Strategic, they wouldnt have the fleet to cope with Cloudbreaks traffic volume would they?

Led Zeppelin
1st Oct 2011, 22:51
Even if Strategic had an aircraft, are they really in a financial position to survive ?

airdualbleedfault
2nd Oct 2011, 10:59
I believe there is a QF subsidiary getting 10 x 100 seat jets, I also believe that subsidiary's contracts are being sourced by Mr. Forests best mate, you do the math....FF points anyone ?
A friend of mine at Skywest tells me the hangar queen won't be getting a hangar partner anytime soon

MkII
5th Oct 2011, 00:18
FNP was sent to MEL AOG for an O/Speed fault, not exactly what I would call scheduled maintenance. It was then ran into a set of entry stairs and had the intake cowl damaged.

The opportunity was taken to complete an A Check, but the C Check wasn't even looked at...

Cheers,
MkII

VH-UFO
8th Feb 2012, 09:43
Havent seen it at Cloudbreak for a while.

Whats wrong with it now?:rolleyes:

XRlent320
8th Feb 2012, 11:24
UFO, haven't you heard? According to the Network Staff they've won the FMG contract so the bus is no longer required.....

listentome
8th Feb 2012, 12:07
It's in MEL

QFdude
8th Feb 2012, 12:35
.......and some for Q between PHE and KTA.

Arthur Boy
8th Feb 2012, 14:33
Network won FMG, and how, prey tell, are they gonna operate that baby with 3 or 4 F100's? Borrow an A380 from Mummy?

airdualbleedfault
9th Feb 2012, 09:45
Oh I dont know Arthur, but with 10 F100s coming soon, the FMG contract extended to Skywest for another 6 months, some casual use of the 61x737s mummy and daddy own, I'm sure they will cope
(and I believe No5 F100 arriving in 2 weeks closely followed by 6)

falconx
23rd Apr 2012, 04:08
whats the goss on the latest with the old girl 320?

airdualbleedfault
25th Apr 2012, 08:20
Arthur, hello, Arthur ?

shirjoc
23rd May 2012, 11:17
Been away for a while. reckoned that the dependance on the old girl would eventually bring XR unstuck. Such is life. I am not sure that I believe it but have heard that QF have brought Alliance as well as Network, any info anywhere??. May well find out when I front up to the QF terminal to go back to Cloudbreak next Wed. As with falcon x, where is the old girl?

topend3
23rd May 2012, 11:31
QF have brought Alliance as well as Network, any info anywhere??

I think whoever told you that may be bull****ting you

ASY68
23rd May 2012, 11:57
Network, yes(90% sure), alliance no, just leasing some of their aircraft for services.

XRlent320
23rd May 2012, 12:27
The old girl's getting it's GPS fitted in Singapore and should be back shortly. What to do, not sure? But I guess we'll find out soon.

airdualbleedfault
23rd May 2012, 13:28
Network 90% sure

I have a friend at Network who has a QF staff number and QF staff travel, I think he's 100% sure

Skystar320
24th May 2012, 11:05
'old' girl? Alot of the FK100's are older...

topend3
24th May 2012, 11:19
old news that qf bought network, but definitely not alliance

patagonianworelaud
1st Jun 2012, 03:56
The old girl's getting it's GPS fitted in Singapore and should be back shortly. What to do, not sure? But I guess we'll find out soon.

Have been at PER airport multiple times the last few days seeing people off, meeting friends etc. and haven't seen the A320. Is it back yet?

ebt
1st Jun 2012, 04:35
She arrived back in PER last night, via BME and DCN. Expect her to take over from INU on the Derby runs I guess.

I-Feed-You
1st Jun 2012, 11:47
Thats interesting... I heard INU was supposed to ferry back to the East Coast today, but was cancelled last minute.

2bigmellons
2nd Jun 2012, 03:15
'old' girl? Alot of the FK100's are older...

Compared to the other A320s on the register, it's the oldest in the country by 11 years.

patagonianworelaud
2nd Jun 2012, 07:29
Dropping FIFO friend off today and, yes, noticed that the aircraft that has been doing DBY/CIN is still here in PER.

Engineer_aus
5th Jun 2012, 10:57
I wonder how long it will last doing 3 flights a week. Must be the most expensive aircraft in the Skywest fleet now for cost vs utilisation.

hongkongfooey
5th Jun 2012, 11:12
I think it's daily, Mon to Fri, but 20 hrs a week is not good utilisation for a 320.
I think Jetstar is around 12-14 hrs a day.

ebt
5th Jun 2012, 11:53
But on the other hand, given its age and the fact that it is leased from an associate company, the fixed costs may not be that high. Would there be enough load to justify sticking it on a BME rotation? Or PHE for that matter?

ASY68
5th Jun 2012, 14:01
What about MEL? Considering the consistent worry of "Are we going to make it to KGI or do we have to go to ADL", would it be a good idea?

There would be an increased load factor and the possibility to operate on a more frequent schedule which could make more money for XR...

ringbinder
6th Jun 2012, 12:51
Last two days (Tuesday/Wednesday) Perth - Derby/Curtin v.v have been done by Our Airlines B737.

What's the deal with the A320?

patagonianworelaud
8th Jun 2012, 10:14
[QUOTE]What's the deal with the A320?[QUOTE]

Asked around some airport contacts today whilst doing another FIFO drop-off and it would appear the "deal" is a handful of bad cards. I noticed the 737 is still there parked over near the international terminal!!!

Checkerboard
9th Jun 2012, 03:01
Wow, patagonianworelaud, you must really know what you are talking about- Asked around some airport contacts today whilst doing another FIFO drop-off

A limo driver with the sources!:yuk::D:}

patagonianworelaud
9th Jun 2012, 06:44
Checkerboard, my airport contacts are well placed and better informed than you seem to give me credit for. I think you'll find there are still issues with the A320 ex SIN that will not see it going to Curtin in the next week.

No, not a limo driver - just someone regularly dropping off interstate FIFO friends on the occasions they pass through and we catch up (my previous posts allude to that had you read them), but maybe I should consider getting one.

Skystar320
9th Jun 2012, 07:55
Taxi Driver?

Engineer_aus
10th Jun 2012, 03:35
I rang my mate over there in Perth and he told me that the Our Airline 737 is still doing the Derby runs while the A320 is grounded in Perth. That is one expensive aircraft and he said that Skywest has spent so much money on that aircraft that they could have bought 4 F100's outright......

Rudder
10th Jun 2012, 06:40
How does the saying go?...

you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig...

Chopper OZ
10th Jun 2012, 10:44
Word on the street is that they have some outstanding accounts.. Nobody to maintain it until some money changes hands!

It would look good on a pole at the airport entrance...

patagonianworelaud
10th Jun 2012, 23:55
Taxi Driver?

Nope, just someone with reliable contacts .....................

Transition Layer
11th Jun 2012, 00:26
Surely Skywest can't be much chance to hold onto the Derby/Curtin route for any length of time

Chadzat
11th Jun 2012, 00:35
You're quite correct TL, Network will probably come in and bid for the contract at below cost.

2bigmellons
11th Jun 2012, 01:24
Network will probably come in and bid for the contract at below cost.

That doesn't make sense, the argument comes down to providing a reliable service, not one of price.

airdualbleedfault
11th Jun 2012, 01:41
I think there is another saying also Rudder..." you can't polish a turd "

kimberleyEx
11th Jun 2012, 07:47
you can't polish a turd

Reminds me of Network!

K-Ex.

ASY68
11th Jun 2012, 13:20
That doesn't make sense, the argument comes down to providing a reliable service, not one of price.

Tell that to JB and his company's choice in GHA for VAI/NZ ;)

falconx
26th Jun 2012, 20:54
A320 going again as the our airline 737 has left....?

ASY68
27th Jun 2012, 02:25
Inside rumour is that it's going to replace the F100 on the XR21/22 route...

topend3
27th Jun 2012, 13:17
I thought there were issues with the F100 being able to do the route payload wise in the first place, hence it's always been done by a 737 when Ozjet had it and then the A320 when Strategic/AA were doing it...

ASY68
27th Jun 2012, 14:33
XR21/22 is the PER-KGI-MEL route ;)

jarden
28th Jun 2012, 22:35
Would they start a PER-KGI-SYD flight is there a market that is similar to MEL.

Donkey_Punch
29th Jun 2012, 08:23
The safety executive manager just got pineappled. I have heard the circumstaces surrounding it are quite interesting.