PDA

View Full Version : SkyWest A320

Pages : [1] 2

capson
22nd Mar 2010, 16:15
Freshly painted in Uk.....:ok:

JetPhotos.Net Photo » G-BYTH (CN: 429) SkyWest Airlines Airbus A320-231 by Nik French (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6805104&nseq=15)

tourismman
22nd Mar 2010, 21:00
Due Melbourne for James Holland hangars on 4 April.

Sunstar320
22nd Mar 2010, 21:53
She has had a long life, built 93'. Any idea much do these go for when they are this old compared to new at around $70/80m?

FRQ Charlie Bravo
22nd Mar 2010, 22:03
Now that's a great sight.

FRQ CB

Ndicho Moja
22nd Mar 2010, 22:11
If this aircraft was a 1993 build it will be a Hangar Queen.

Rotaiva
23rd Mar 2010, 08:40
An almighty 'Congratulations' to the guys at Skywest!!
Been a long time coming...

Goat Whisperer
23rd Mar 2010, 08:48
Hats are being eaten all over this forum tonight.

AerocatS2A
23rd Mar 2010, 10:14
If they'd got the thing when they first started talking about it, the 1993 model might've been fresh out of the factory :E.

Seriously, that's cool, good for them, hope it works out.

ROH111
23rd Mar 2010, 22:43
... they doubted and they joked but today we see the proof.

Well done XR!

Outtahere
24th Mar 2010, 02:06
$8 Mill, 1993 build with 22 previous owners. Yes, thats 22. Been in the desert for a few years I believe.

muII
24th Mar 2010, 03:12
Well Outtahere, i dont know where you get that info from, you only need to look at its history, and you will find it has never been in the desert, but been flying for Thomas Cook and others from the UK, for the last 10 years, and has only been stored for 1 month.:rolleyes:

Wombat
24th Mar 2010, 03:50
Outtahere,

Why be negative :ugh:. More aircraft for Skywest means MORE JOBS. The A320 looks great in its new livery. Well done XR :D, hope you get more of them.

Wombat

Capn Bloggs
24th Mar 2010, 04:46
The A320 looks great in its new livery.
The biggest cat's bottom I've ever seen! :}

ARFOR
24th Mar 2010, 05:03
I had to look at the pic to get what you were saying Bloggs

Looked at the fin and nearly fell off me chair :} :D

Capn Bloggs
24th Mar 2010, 05:15
I confess - the term was used before! :\

wotwazthat
24th Mar 2010, 05:29
Ndicho Moja and Outtahere, you must be "the glass is half empty" kind of people. I bet your fun to fly with......not:hmm:

Wally Mk2
25th Mar 2010, 03:25
"CB"............yr sick mate!:E :EYou obviously know cats "intimately" & don't like Dim Sims, cats are only good for Dim Sims (std moggy makes 18 dimies) & the only good cat is a flat cat!:E
The more big birds the merrier:-) Am sure they have drivers lining up for such a gig, half their luck:ok:

Wmk2

dijon moutard
26th Mar 2010, 01:33
xr a320 arrives in australia in april for it's australian registration and certification.

xr also chose an excellent engine choice with the IAE V2500 !

the last of the formal paperwork for casa (re a320) aoc application goes in shortly with ops to commence in the second half of this year.

so to all the xr crew/management well done and congratulations !

cheers
mustard :ok:

evilc
26th Mar 2010, 07:03
Starting in the second half of this year????

No A320 Fleet manager, training/check crew or line pilots within their ranks (advert appeared just today - normally 3 month notice period for currently employed folk. I can just hear Max at MATFO now "you want who to be your fleet manager - I don't think so?" Just as they did with the original Tiger CP. Experience is a CASA requirement for new type operations. They will need to find someone good!)
If they can find crew how do direct entry captains sit with the union?
No AOC with A320 on it yet, let alone CofA for the machine itself(CASA's service delivery standard for new type on AOC is 130 days I believe - working days that is = 5.9 months)
Has CASA even provided an estimate yet and have XR paid the 50% up front.
No manuals written to even allow the start of CASA's process (still under construction at Altara I hear and I've never heard of CASA accepting the "first cut" of any manual they have assessed)
No MEL or SOM for the engineering side of the house (I understand the talk in the XR hanger is "we have no chance of getting ready")
Any spares on order to keep a 17 year old aircraft with 22 previous owners running.
Speaking of 22 owners - how is the back-to-birth tracing of the maintenance files tracking (can't get an CofA from CASA without that)
XR CAR 30 has no A320 on their approval (and JHAS are booked solid)
And that's all before a partial evac demo is even booked in with CASA who have a total of 1 Cabin Safety Inspector (other on maturnity leave I understand)
Always love to see our industry expand, but operations in the second half of the year are just a dream I think. A nicely painted machine means little sadly. I have a nice tattoo but that doesn't get me into the Gypsy Jokers. Don't polish your wings just yet lads. :sad:

muII
26th Mar 2010, 08:07
Sounds like somebody has an axe to grind, or a bee under the bonnet, why be so negetive,:ugh: lets just hope it all goes well for them.
I believe there own crews start training in the next week or so, go for it guys.:D

smiling monkey
26th Mar 2010, 08:51
Just posted on the AFAP website;

Due to planned expansion of our operations Skywest is seeking expressions of interest for the following positions:

A320 Check and Training Captains

A320 Fleet Manager

Remuneration $215,000 per annum plus allowances.

Not bad coin .. how does this compare with Jetstar and Tiger's A320 Check and Training Captain's salary?

Sunstar320
26th Mar 2010, 09:08
Any idea of F/O Salary?

Icarus2001
26th Mar 2010, 10:58
Not bad coin
Thats huge money, glad to hear they are paying them right.

God help us all.:ugh:

Skystar320
26th Mar 2010, 11:45
I really like Prrune, people can hind behind the computers and act all macho.

Before you got on about 22 previous operators, paperwork ladie lar de dah taking it back to birth. If people look at the trail you will see that most of 'these' operators are under a WET lease, with the aircraft operated by one carrier.

evilc
26th Mar 2010, 12:11
muII

Don't confuse the stating of facts with negativity. Reality often hurts in this industry, but it is reality none the less.

Skystar 320

Huh? All I can understand from your post is that it just might be rooted in a very poor understanding of Australian regs. Are you suggesting the aircraft won't be registered in Australia when you talk of wet lease? If it is not to be registered in Oz that opens up a whole new regulatory can of worms. If it is to be Aussie registered it needs a CofA and a CofA cannot be gained within this country unless every part on the aircraft can be traced back to birth. A new aircraft - no problem. The older the aircraft the more difficult (and sometimes impossible) it can be. No records from birth means the part must be changed to one that can be traced. This is not Lardie dah, it is fact.

I hope it works for them, but it is a long road from a lick of paint to operating a passenger service.

Douglas Mcdonnell
26th Mar 2010, 16:05
mjmjkg, mate your the modern day, glass fuse,four stripe, its all about me me me, ygen tosser that should be hunted out of the industry,

Best of luck to Sky West. Im sure you like many many others around the world will be just fine.

Expedite both ways.

DM

Skystar320
27th Mar 2010, 04:38
evilc, you fail to understand or see which point I am trying to point out to those less obvious.

You mention 22 operators, yes so what the stats show... but have you seen that one operator has leased this aircraft to airlines under a WET / ACMI lease agreement to various other operators.

Secondly, if you look closely Skyservice Airlines / Airtours International Airways / MyTravel Airways / MyTravel Lite / Thomas Cook Airlines all come under one banner, one operation group!

I fear that you wish, for whatever reasons that you are wishing this project to be doomed...

smiling monkey
27th Mar 2010, 06:44
God help us all.:ugh:

Well, I obviously have no idea what the industry rate is for an A320 C&T Captain, thus my question of how this compares with Jetstar and Tiger.

Why are there so many DH's on pprune? :rolleyes:

slice
27th Mar 2010, 08:13
Ahh you see smiling monkey, Australian aviation being the bitter and jealous circus that it is, brings out the inner DH in all of us under the cloak of anonymity. If $215K is the base then that I think is a bit over the money compared to Jet*, VB and Tiger C&T - which is a good thing!!! Finally upward pressure on T & Cs.:)

evilc
27th Mar 2010, 10:01
Fantastic Skystar A320! That is good news for the inspection process around the aircraft's 17 years of operation. I now understand your point in your previous posts - thank you. This should reduce the process to weeks, not months.

However, that does not change all the other elements that must be addressed prior to the issue of the CofA and subsequent AOC in the Australian regulatory environment. I standby my remaining assertions. Don't expect to see this aircraft flying in service for XR before the end of the year.

I also hear that the union will only allow 2 direct entry captains for the two most senior positions, yet the two experienced chaps offered positions have graciously declined. The lack of a flight crew experience base can scuttle plans just as quickly as incomplete records, ageing aircraft rules or engineering capabilities.

I have no axe to grind and no wish for the project to be doomed. I am just stating the facts of what is required to turn a nicely painted airframe into an operational aircraft in Australia. I have never been employed by Skywest and have no need to be in the future.

Watchdog
27th Mar 2010, 11:11
Roxy,

It's not 'huge' money by industry standards, but in the ballpark for what's typically being paid in the sheltered workshop (down-under) these days which is such a pity as I love grass much more than sand. :ugh:

Good on them for going with the minibus, still fond memories of flying over the big coat hanger etc in them. :ok:

dodgybrothers
28th Mar 2010, 06:33
jq checkies with some ot would be earning close that. Even line skippers would be in the vicinity of 190+ so while its not bad, for the amount of work required its hardly breathtaking

pilotdude09
30th Mar 2010, 06:15
Good news for XR!

It was good to hear they got to keep their contract with Citic Pacific, which was worth near enough to 10 million for a 12 month period and would say they will get an extension on that as well from what I've heard.

Not sure how true it is but I've been told that the A320 will be used 2/3 days a week PER-KTA-PER and the other flights will be F100's. Think XR is going to be running 10 flights a week in and out of here for Citic alone?

Amazing how far XR has come in 10 years, hell even 5 years ago they weren't half the size they are now...and good to see the mining companies are giving the business to a 'local' WA company. :ok:

cunninglinguist
30th Mar 2010, 11:01
Hats are being eaten all over this forum tonight.

Well, it is 4 years late, and will do some hat eating if it's still around in 12 months and/or has sisters.

xr also chose an excellent engine choice with the IAE V2500 !

I doubt they had a choice, but the accountants will be happy, cheap piece of crap compared to CFM

I hope the XR engineer I spoke to was wrong about it requiring an undercarriage replacement soon $$$

One '93 model A320, hope XR got a massive spares kit with it, and whats the back up ? 2 x F100s ?

Back to drinking my 1/2 empty glass of beer :hmm:

sled_driver71
30th Mar 2010, 12:47
cunninglinguist,

I know of at least 110 pilots that will pay to see u eat something else in a years time when ur proved wrong.

way to stay positive champ. u must be great to fly with :D

wotwazthat
30th Mar 2010, 13:04
Hey Cunny, bet you said the same thing about the first F100 when it turned up too.....:E

topend3
30th Mar 2010, 21:26
too true, he said that when they were flying three days a week to broome with one f100! I believe they have looked at MEL-KTA but maybe tha thas changed now QF are going to be operating on that from May.

dijon moutard
31st Mar 2010, 13:17
i have no connection with xr anymore ; but cunning has no engineering background and the IAE V2500 is THE preferred engine on the a320 aircraft.

the cfm is fine BUT the the IAE V2500 IS a far superior engine re fuel burn/ongoing maintenance !

cheers
mustard:ok:

cunninglinguist
1st Apr 2010, 03:20
cunninglinguist,

I know of at least 110 pilots that will pay to see u eat something else in a years time when ur proved wrong.

way to stay positive champ. u must be great to fly with

It's amazing how you crankers can turn your own bull:mad: back onto me, I'm not the one who stated catergorically 4years ago " Skywest will definitely be operating 3-4 A320s within 6 months ".
And 110 pilots, thats a lot of pilots for one 320, I would have thought a dozen at best ?
And yes, I am great to fly with :} Unless you're full of 5hit

too true, he said that when they were flying three days a week to broome with one f100! I believe they have looked at MEL-KTA but maybe tha thas changed now QF are going to be operating on that from May

Maybe, but I also questioned the wisdom of PH-KG-ML, that lasted a long time did'nt it ? ( yeh I know, they pulled out of that coz it was doing so well.

i have no connection with xr anymore ; but cunning has no engineering background and the IAE V2500 is THE preferred engine on the a320 aircraft.
the cfm is fine BUT the the IAE V2500 IS a far superior engine re fuel burn/ongoing maintenance !

And a reply from the biggest cranker of all, who do you have a connection with mustard ? other than your flight sim. I guess the fact that the 2 largest A319/320 operators in the world use CFM is just because they're not as smart as you.

What you tossers don't seem to grasp is that I have absolutley nothing against Skywest, never worked for them and in fact a long time ago, knocked back an interview with them, what I can't stand is blatant BS, simple really.

Good luck to Skywest, including my mates that fly for them.

topend3
1st Apr 2010, 19:15
You must have missed they relaunched the kalgoorlie to melbourne run a few weeks back.

B772
2nd Apr 2010, 02:01
Rumour has it that there will be 3 applicants from Tiger for pilot positions.

Sunstar320
2nd Apr 2010, 07:03
Rumour has it that there will be 3 applicants from Tiger for pilot positions.
Considering the numbers that went of Strategic, I wont be surprised if the whole Jet is crewed by Ex-Tiger crew.

muII
2nd Apr 2010, 11:39
I dont think so, i am told the pilots at xr will be crewing the aircraft other than C and T and FLT Manager.

evilc
2nd Apr 2010, 21:06
And therein lies the rub....

2 senior A320 chaps from Dragon, who were due to start this week, have done the runner. So who will fill these coveted spots? CASA won't let operations start untill such folk are in place and are of sufficient quality/experience. :ugh:

dijon moutard
3rd Apr 2010, 02:19
i can confirm two experienced a320 pilots have accepted (casa) designated positions at xr :

one a former xr pilot with excellent credentials (A320 C&T and current on type) and a thoroughly genuine bloke/pilot.

the other a tiger pilot who currently holds a senior C&T position (current on type).

four xr crew off to anz for a320 endorsements.

cheers
mustard.

Chock
3rd Apr 2010, 07:38
Mustard,

Im still waiting for the photot's of the travellers!

Cheers.

aulglarse
3rd Apr 2010, 10:45
I can't believe someone quotes that the CFM engine is the better when there are 50 or more A320's flying around Australia on IAE's. I wonder if the individual has ever operated on either of them?

strobes_on
3rd Apr 2010, 22:52
After 20 years flying on the A320 with both engine types, I think the CFM is a more robust and damage tolerant engine than the IAE.

Sunstar320
3rd Apr 2010, 23:00
Appears the A320 has arrived in Melbourne sometime overnight or this morning, over at JH currently.

evilc
4th Apr 2010, 00:06
Not sure if XR's arrived overnight, but YQB (Strategic's second A320) arrived at JHAS Melbourne overnight, from all reports.

VBPCGUY
4th Apr 2010, 02:10
Appears the A320 has arrived in Melbourne sometime overnight or this morning, over at JH currently.

She was due at 0240 as TCX032 and yes a second Strategic A320 should have turned up also over night.

VH-UFO
4th Apr 2010, 02:58
So whats happening with these A320's?

Im still hearing rumours at work (Cloudbreak) that Strategic are taking over the contract.

Anyone the wiser?

Skystar320
5th Apr 2010, 13:13
Just awaiting Skywest to offer trips to Bali from Perth for the cashed up bogans ready and willing to spend the money on hotels and cheap booze.

Not another load of cashed up bogans, slamming back VB on the back of the utes trying to rock to ACDC.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

evilc
6th Apr 2010, 08:30
My "mail" says that XR's A320 didn't arrive as expected. Put off indefinately from what I'm hearing. Seems everyone got excited over a "corporate" A320 arriving at John Holland over Easter. YQB definately arrived in town, however, and is expected into service mid next week from what I'm hearing. I also hear that apparently YQC could arrive as early as the end of next week.

Oh dear, the plot thickens at XR and meanwhile Strategic kicks goals. :}

XRlent100
6th Apr 2010, 14:10
EvilC "Strategic kicking goals" are they. How are the loads on Derby? What's the A320 doing when it's not going to Derby 3 times per week? What's the yield like on DPS at $99.00 one way? How are they going to pay for all these A320's sitting on the ground in Perth?

A quote from Brian Burke on 4th Feb re Strategic going to Cloudbreak.

"Oh well, the Crew must have been wrong then. Their rosters must be wrong too... 3 x week is whats planned..."

Haven't seen any Strategic A320's in KFE recently. Just how far in advance do the Strategic people get their rosters?????

EvilC, you seem to have an intimate knowledge of the delivery schedule of Strategic's A320's and a few contacts in Dragon as well. Are you sure there's no bone to pick with Skywest and in particular Skywest Management?

Cheers:ok:

Chadzat
6th Apr 2010, 15:13
If by strategic kicking goals you mean accumulating aircraft to fill apron parking spots at Perth because they dont fly then YES they are certainly kicking those goals!

Aircraft dont make money sitting on the deck :ugh:

old rope
6th Apr 2010, 17:29
He dosen't have intimate knowledge from KA either, just 1 very old rumour, and one selectively misinterpreted situation that never was fact anyway.

66biscuits
7th Apr 2010, 04:41
When I forwarded the airliners.net pic to friends at PER on 23MAR, apparently all the XR staff there thought it was fake! Hats will be eaten.

An XR sales rep told me that their current plans for the A320 are to do charters only for now. Granites I beleive. That's a whole lot of capacity for a minesite.

With JQ, TT and VC all using A320 out of Perth now, you could look at it 2 ways. Either that with so many A320 qualified staff in PER it might be easier for XR to poach, or with so much demand placed on A320 staff that they're all in positions and they'll have trouble recruiting.

I have cabin crew aquaintances in both VC and XR. The VC girl flies so infrequently she calls herself a lady of leisure, so yeah, tarmac holders aren't really the way forward. Ozjet 2 in my opinion, something for another thread.
I'll bug my XR friend about rumours of type training for cabin crew. He gets regular overnights on F100s to BME so he won't be too happy.

Anyone thinking the extra range might mean different destinations?

sled_driver71
8th Apr 2010, 02:41
Definately not the Granites!

66biscuits
9th Apr 2010, 02:03
Hey, it was from a sales rep. Never let the facts get in the way of a good spiel! I would have thought GYL could take that capacity, also better use of the higher range/load capabilities.

Business Financial News (http://www.bfnnews.com/display/?id=3818468&sectionId=standardNews)
Now we know how much XR will be leasing it for. Thanks Business Financial Newswire

Any sightings in MEL yet?

tcasegpws
9th Apr 2010, 03:36
I think you better do a tarmac check, I think you will find that VC's A320 has been airbourne all week non stop:ok:

More than I can say about the XR A320, haven't seen it on any Australian Tarmac.

oil additive
9th Apr 2010, 04:53
I've been sitting back and following all the bull:mad: that's been stated on this thread over the past few weeks and there are a few of you who need to deflate your haemorrhoids so you can sit down and take a good look at yourselves.

I once said "I'd believe it when I see it" and my hat needed some salt to help with the taste believe me... but I see it and I believe it! I've spoken to many in XR land that are rightfully excited about it too.

The A320 flight to OZ was delayed slightly, but is currently winging it's way to MEL as I type. There are a lot of extremely talented, motivated and awesome people at XR working their asses off to make the entry into service happen and I wish the all the very best.

Good on ya fella's!! :D

tcasegpws
9th Apr 2010, 07:44
Oil, I think you need to read between the lines.

I don't think anyone is knocking the XR guys and girls however XR management is another thing.

evilc
9th Apr 2010, 08:26
Lets assume oil additive is correct - my "mail" indicates the scheduling sheet at JHAS has the XR A320 listed as "lay-up" for no less than 12 weeks (yes, that's Twelve) following its arrival.

Hope I'm wrong for the sake of the long suffering XR guys who have been strung along for so long.

XRlent100
9th Apr 2010, 08:43
EvilC, last "mail" you had said the Skywest A320 was delayed / put off indefinately yet now you admit it will be in Australia. Sort of makes your mail a bit untrustworthy doesn't it?

Dog One
9th Apr 2010, 08:53
When delivered, if it goes to the Granites, it will be its first and last flight.The runway is gravel.

tcasegpws
9th Apr 2010, 09:07
XRlent100 or should I say XRMGT, I think evilc has more info than XRMGT or yourself.

Still doesnt explain the wrong engine choice V2500 is a good engine but only if you have the A5 oops, along with the CASA process and the union issues I think you should be busy for a bit longer than 12 weeks.

bigjet787
9th Apr 2010, 10:08
XRlent100, maybe you can let us all know when the aircraft is arriving???

B772
9th Apr 2010, 10:30
evilc

You may be surprised to know the first Ansett A320 VH-HYA arrived in MEL on 19 Dec 88 and did not enter service until 16 Mar 89. I am not surprised the Skywest A320 is expecting to spend 12 weeks at JHAS.

evilc
9th Apr 2010, 10:45
Not surprised at all B772, knowing the CASA processes.

I should have been clearer I guess. By lay-up I mean "parked" - not in the hanger on tasks. Just what I've heard in the dispatches. Like I say, hope I'm wrong for the guys wanting to fly it. They have been waiting too long to be further frustrated. Has to arrive in Oz first however, but from Oil Additives report it may just be on the way at last, after so many years of promises. :confused:

XRlent100
9th Apr 2010, 13:03
Bigjet, I'm not sure exactly when it will be here. Originally it was due 4th April but that obviously didn't happen. Skywest took ownership of the aircraft on the 7th April which was a bit later than expected. Last I heard was it was due to leave wed / Thursday night so if that happened it should be close. Unlike other people I'm not going to make up a story and try and tell you something I don't know the answer too.

ditzyboy
9th Apr 2010, 14:57
You may be surprised to know the first Ansett A320 VH-HYA arrived in MEL on 19 Dec 88 and did not enter service until 16 Mar 89

There was a dispute with the FAAA regarding cabin crew numbers, which went to arbitration. This attributed to and extended the delay of entry to service, I believe.

topend3
10th Apr 2010, 02:47
66biscuits you need to do some homework. Granites will definitely not be taking the A320.

I believe the aircraft will initially service the Cloud Break contract for FMG as well as supplementing additional capacity to Karratha, where the CP contract is going to need it. Add some new routes to the East Coast from Karratha and perhaps an international link as well.

excerpt from latest Skywest newsletter :

Skywest's first A320 Aircraft arriving soon…
We're looking to grow and expand and part of these plans, we're pleased to announce the imminent arrival of the first Airbus A320 aircraft into the Skywest fleet. This "big sister" to our existing aircraft will become the newest and largest type that we operate. Initially earmarked to serve the needs of our mining charter clients we hope to use it on existing and new regular passenger routes in the coming year. The first A320 has just been painted in Skywest livery and should come online in early July. So, keep your eyes peeled the next time you're boarding a flight at Perth for a glimpse of the Skywest future.

Icarus2001
10th Apr 2010, 03:33
I hope this "modern jet aircraft" has GPS RNAV that they can use, unlike the other "modern jet aircraft".:p

Only kidding. Good news. Good luck to the boys and girls.

Captain Klink
10th Apr 2010, 03:55
It is currently transitting Port Hedland on inbound ferry flight.

evilc
10th Apr 2010, 04:49
Never a truer word is spoken in jest Icarus.....

GPS (allowing true RNAV capability) was not a standard fit in A320's till around MSN 1000 or so. The XR aircraft is in the 400's from what I read earlier in this thread. So unless previous owners retro fitted this aircraft (which is highly unlikely given the huge investment for an old aircraft) it will be IRS driven FMC's only, so RNAV approaches will be out.

Mind you, I hear CASA are close to revoking the RNAV approach capability for all 3rd party installed GPS systems that are not multi mode integrated units anyway, so the F100 will be in the same boat soon also. Cloudbreak better buy an NDB methinks.

XRlent100
10th Apr 2010, 05:03
EvilC, there you go spruiking about something you have no idea about. None of the Skywest F100's have GPS at the moment. There is a schedule in place to fit 4 aircraft with fully integrated GPS / FMC capability. Alliance have stand alone GPS in their F100's and would be affected by the CASA changes you propose.

I don't know the nav fit out of VH-FNP (A320). Have you seen inside it?

Strategic's A320 is an older 1990 model. Do they have GPS?

Since Skywest have been flying to Cloudbreak I can't remember any diversions due weather. There may have been one or two, but considering we're doing about 3-4 flights a day there that's pretty good odds. Maybe its a chance Skywest and Fortesque are happy to take with the A320.

EvilC, please stop making comments about Skywest when you obviously have no knowledge about what's really happening.

evilc
10th Apr 2010, 06:22
XRlent

Wasn't talking about the XR F100 old boy. Never been in one and probably never will. You said it yourself, some F100's are fitted with 3rd party units. It's these I was referring to.

The reference to Cloudbreak needing an NDB is in relation to the A320. If you think CASA is going to let you do any scud running from Newman in an A320 you have another think coming.

They are probably also watching your DPS service with interest..... "charter" eh? := Better read the CASA policy on interposed entities, its available to all on the internet. I think you might be exposed just a tad. Hope I'm talking of "something I have no knowledge about" here old boy or your international asperations maybe in trouble.

Also - what's your percentage of foreign ownership these days? Bet the IAC (who only give out the licences to operators with greater than 50% Oz ownership) would be interested in that too. But then of course you guys run "charter" don't you?

Skystar320
10th Apr 2010, 06:37
evilc - just exactly what is your problem against Skywest?

One can only presume that you are tied up with Strategic Airlines and their A320's which seem to be sitting on the tarmac an awful lot these days.

XRlent100
10th Apr 2010, 06:50
Mate, if you want to start getting nasty I could ask you the same question about the dash 8 that did your derby rpt service recently. Maybe CASA could look into that. Did you get the charter substitution paperwork? I hope so

XRlent100
10th Apr 2010, 06:52
In fact, I'll shut up now and stop biting because it's starting to get nasty.

evilc
10th Apr 2010, 06:58

Nothin against Skywest young fella. Although I'd hate to be under the management of a few folk there by the sounds of some of the posts in this forum in the past, many of which seem to come from XR crew.

Nothin "nasty" XRlent, just reporting what I hear.

Icarus2001
10th Apr 2010, 10:44
Mind you, I hear CASA are close to revoking the RNAV approach capability for all 3rd party installed GPS systems that are not multi mode integrated units anyway

I hear that CASA are also close to publishing a unified and coherent set of regulations under the RRP.:ugh:

evilc
10th Apr 2010, 11:32
Touché Icarus. :D

108vu
10th Apr 2010, 19:05
The skywest A320 arrived at the John Holland hangar early sat evening, currently parked against the fence.

training wheels
11th Apr 2010, 02:03
I drove past John Holland this morning and sure enough, it was there parked outside their hangars. Here are some pics taken from outside the fence.

http://i39.tinypic.com/16m817d.jpg

Its view was obscured by the F100 that was parked next to it. Looks like it still has its UK registration painted on.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vkhv9k.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/27xnxgo.jpg

.. thread drift, but couldn't help noticing a Dash 8-Q400 parked there as well. VH-QOM. Is this aircraft a newly delivered Dash 8 for Qantaslink?

http://i40.tinypic.com/qxjk9f.jpg

kimberleyEx
11th Apr 2010, 07:52
Hi Evilc

Just interested to your comments as to GPS RNAV for the Fokker 100:

You state:

Mind you, I hear CASA are close to revoking the RNAV approach capability for all 3rd party installed GPS systems that are not multi mode integrated units anyway, so the F100 will be in the same boat soon also. Cloudbreak better buy an NDB methinks

Why does a Cat C transport category aircraft need a Multi mode integrated unit for a RNAV approach? These units are required for RNP approaches but not RNAV.

Also why would CASA revoke this? I am interested to your opinion, in the above Pararagph you state, Cloudbreak better buy an NDB me thinks. Would CASA prefer a aircraft due a Reversal procedure off a NDB rather than a straight in approach provided by RNAV?

Even if the NDB approach was runway aligned, I would still prefer the RNAV approach.

You mention 3rd party type installations for GPS RNAV.

If you are referring to the Alliance machines. They have been flying RNAV approaches for just on four years. At the time of fitment, there was no other multi mode integrated GPS installation available. Hence their 3rd party solution. Therefore, in Aus and possibly all other operators, Alliance were the only operator able to do GPS RNAV in the F100.

Last year Fokker services announced a partnership with Freeflight systems to provide a multi mode integrated GPS installation:

http://www.freeflightsystems.com/docs/FLYFokker_GNSS_Leaflet.pdf

Air Nuigini are the launch customer for this, it is been trialled in one of their F100's at present.

Skywest Airlines have chosen this installation for their fleet of F100's. Whether they waited for this type of mod to be available I am unsure. Once fitted their fleet will be RNP capable not RNAV. Also it will allow a GPS out to be provided for ADS-B.

Cheers.

K-Ex.

rotorblades
11th Apr 2010, 08:10
Nice pics, training wheels

I see the top one has a hidden message of stop skywest.
(look at the start of the airline titles)

:D

evilc
11th Apr 2010, 08:34
Hi K-Ex

Couldn't agree more on the RNAV v's NDB approach bit. For my money no one should need to buy an NDB these days, but just now it would be the least expensive solution. Compared to the retro fit of a fully integrated on board GPS system in an old aircraft that is. Mind you, Alliance look after their ships, so it might be a worthwhile investment for them.

The talking I heard at CASA was only in relation to the use of 3rd party systems for RNAV approaches, not RNAV enroute navigation. Certainly RNP can only be done with Multi Mode Integrated units, but I understand CASA are not keen on the use of the stand alone units for RNAV approaches either. Not sure of the time lines, I heard "later this year", but we all know how CASA's "timing" runs. Surely there will be industry consultation before the change? :confused:

P.S. Great to see the Skywest A320 in town. I just hope the CASA hurdles allow the boys to get their hands on it before years end, but as I have said before - I doubt it. I'm a Boeing man myself so would prefer to see Boeings arrive on our shores. But when you can get an Airbus for so much less than a Boeing I guess we'll see more arrive.

sled_driver71
11th Apr 2010, 09:04
XRlent100 I agree with with u mate but if uneducated trigger happy ppl like evilc and cunninglinguist don't express how little they know about whats going on in the industry and especially companies in which they have absolutely no affiliation and hence credibility, how else will i get my daily laugh?

Chadzat
11th Apr 2010, 10:26
evilc, how about a little wager. You are very confident in thinking XR will never have the a320 going in 2010. If they do, will you agree to not posting on XR threads in the future? :\

evilc
11th Apr 2010, 11:10
Chad

Pitty Cunninglinguist didn't take that bet 4 odd years ago given his quote in a previous post:

"It's amazing how you crankers can turn your own bullhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif back onto me, I'm not the one who stated catergorically 4years ago " Skywest will definitely be operating 3-4 A320s within 6 months "."

Having said that I guess your challenge is a fair call Chad. I'm happy to put up or shut up. But we best set the ground rules first - A320 (VH-FNP from all reports) on the XR AOC under RPT in the Ops Specs with RNP-10 and RVSM approvals, plus exemption to operate on 30m runways (otherwise Cloudbreak would be out from my look in the ERSA). First commercial sector (carrying paying pax) before midnight on 31st Dec 2010. Sound fair?

Given CASA's service delivery standard of 130 business days (5.9 months) for the task of adding a new fleet type to an AOC we would need overuns of around 2 months. The aircraft came into Oz a "G" registered ship then I'm guessing the CofA is still not complete, so overrun possible.....

Now, the XR boys are saying "operating by June" in their posts. I'm sticking my neck out, so what will you boys offer if the aircraft is not operating by then? In fact I'll give you some grace.... lets say August 1st and I'll even waiver the 30m runway bit cause I have heard those "safety case" thingies are hard work. Sound fair?

Off to bed now as I'm a tad tired from researching all the stuff I know nothing about. So I'll check back tomorrow on your counter bet.

Perth Guy
11th Apr 2010, 13:17
evilc:

Having said that I guess your challenge is a fair call Chad. I'm happy to put up or shut up. But we best set the ground rules first - A320 (VH-FNP from all reports) on the XR AOC under RPT in the Ops Specs with RNP-10 and RVSM approvals, plus exemption to operate on 30m runways (otherwise Cloudbreak would be out from my look in the ERSA). First commercial sector (carrying paying pax) before midnight on 31st Dec 2010. Sound fair? You're on.

$100?

My bank account details in a PM to you.

evilc
11th Apr 2010, 19:14
Hang on..... WTF Perth Boy

The bet with Chad was that if I lose, I don't post on XR threads anymore, which is an interesting concept for an open forum, but hey I'm OK with that. Then when I ask what the XR boys would offer if the aircraft is not operational by June, (which was the foundation of the entire original thread and the basis of my initial post to point out that you guys are dreamin) you want me to take your bank details. Shouldn't it be the other way around chinaplate? :ugh:

So I'll ask again, what will you boys offer in the bet if you fail to reach your happily sprooked timeline (which I have graciously given a buffer to - August 1st rather than June), which you believe I am sunch an evil "c" (or "nasty" I think was used - don't know what I'm talking about etc) in pointing out it simply won't happen. :confused:

Typical pilot..... thinking of how he can make money out of the situation. RTFQ mate. :E

Chadzat
12th Apr 2010, 02:21
Ive told you what you should agree to WHEN FNP is flying by the end of the year, (dunno why you can have 2 different time frames on the one wager- Although I am confident it will be up and going by August.)

Why dont you suggest something for the "XR boys" to do then? :}

evilc
12th Apr 2010, 04:22
It's just one wager, Chad - It is a bet as to who is correct with their timing. :ugh:

If I'm wrong I pay up by conceeding to your request, but I can't get any of you Perth guys to commit to an offering if your timing is wrong. Plain and simple - at least I thought it was. :confused:

cunninglinguist
12th Apr 2010, 08:09
XRlent100 I agree with with u mate but if uneducated trigger happy ppl like evilc and cunninglinguist don't express how little they know about whats going on in the industry

Stick to driving sleds pal, you really are thick and pig headed. I AM NOT THE ONE WHO STATED THAT THERE WOULD BE A SWAG OF A320s UP AND RUNNING 4 YEARS AGO, NOR AM I THE ONE WHO STATED KGI-MEL WAS A GREAT IDEA

So remind me again, who knows jack 5hit about the industry ?

evilc, you know how it works these days, 6 mths on a jet or jetprop and they know it all, 10 months and they are whinging about not having a command, I am just go to ignore the kiddies from now on.

pilotdude09
12th Apr 2010, 11:56
Plenty of rumors going around Karratha atm in regards to the A320.

Apparently Citec Pacific wants an east coast service where to/from I have no idea but can only assume Mel or Syd.

But CP has openly said they would like the a/c here 3 days a week to allow for added capacity to increase their workforce from Perth. But then again they did openly say they wanted to build an air strip capable of handling a 747/A380 to fly workers in direct from China.....but we are still waiting for that one :ugh:

Interesting times ahead, will be great to see an A320 in and out of KTA. Even better when it doesn't have that death star logo on it! :E

Top End, you working for KFS? They must be doing pretty bloody well now with the shuttles over to Barrow Island?

Trevor the lover
13th Apr 2010, 00:28
No wonder I don't miss the airlines one tiny weeny little bit. Pilots eating pilots!

evilc
30th Apr 2010, 23:35
Clearly you're a lover not a fighter Trev, gotta respect that .... but the silence is defening from the west now, so I just gotta get the jungle drums going again ......

Thought I'd wait for a few weeks to see if any of the boys would take on the bet, but here we are just one month away from the date they reckon their A320 will be up and running and still no takers ???

The jungle drums I've been hearing indicate that it may just be because DJ seem to have been confirmed as operating Cloudbreak for XR. Not sure why that would occur if they are so close to launching the 320 ?? :ooh:

The drums and smoke signals also seem to be indicating that the entire FMG aviation tender may just be opened up to bids from all comers very soon. Hope that doesn't add too much commercial pressure to the 320 project team. Nothing worse than commercial pressure when you're under the pump.

Anyhoo... still happy to hear from the XR boys on what they are offering if FNP is not up and running in June. :ugh: I hope it is, for the sake of their crew(they have waited long enough - through many management promises). However, given they (and I'm guessing that it is their management, not their fine pilot group, that are the "they" of which I speak) have given me such a hammering for even suggesting that this may not happen I would have thought there would be a rush to take on a bet :confused:.

VH-UFO
1st May 2010, 00:08
I flew out of Cloudbreak yesterday arvo and was talking to one of the Morris employees, who handle the ground handling at Cloudbreak and who i used to work with in the Air Force.

The groundies are heading down to do a course for the different jets this Sunday, and are expecting the new jets to start operating on the 18th of May, three times a week.

This person did mention DJ but in what capacity im not sure because i was walking away to board when it was mentioned. Are they doing the run until XR get their A320 up and running?

With FMG's new minesite Christmas Creek firing up and from what i understand having a camp size of 2000 people on a 2/1 roster by March next year, i imagine the need for the larger jets will be high.

Cloudbreak will be a busy little bugga next year wont it?!

Capn Bloggs
1st May 2010, 02:29
Hmm. I might ring up Q Link and suggest they offer a REAL jet to Mr Forrest. :E

Chadzat
1st May 2010, 05:46
so evilc I suppose strategic have never had to do a cross hire to cover for an aircraft that hasn't appeared yet.....I do recall Alliance F100's operating into Derby for quite some time under a Strategic flight number while they got their A320 ops in order, but that point would be completely ignored in your incessant XR bashing wouldnt it. :rolleyes:

evilc
1st May 2010, 06:54
Absolutely not Chad.

Seemed you missed my point.... again. You just gotta stop reading my posts with such emotion. Take a few breaths before you read them and respond, then you might understand them a little better.

My point is not that DJ will be covering for XR while the 320 is processed. This is normal business practice, as you have rightly pointed out - something all airlines do, so not lost on me at all. The point of my post is that it seems very unusual that DJ would be investing so much time/money/effort (ground equipment in Cloudbreak, ground ops training etc etc) to operate on behalf of XR when the entry into service of the A320 (according to you guys) is just weeks away.

Hence my premise that the reluctance to put money where your mouth is (and I'm not actually asking for money - unlike some in this forum) must surely be based upon the fact that you guys might now also doubt the assertions of the early poster's on this thread.

Go back and read my initial posts... I have only ever taken you guys to task on the EIS schedule you believe is happening. My belief has always been that you are dreamin.... that's it, no sinister hidden agendas. I have never said it won't happen, eventually, just not in the time you guys were touting.

All I have seen so far are indicators that only confirm rather than dispel my assertions. Has the "G" registered A320 sitting on the fence at JHAS in MEL (as pictured earlier) actually entered the hanger yet for final EIS processes - final maintenance, CofA, CASA checks, partial evac demo etc?

Chad - I'll say it again so you aren't confused. I hope like crazy that the long suffering XR crew finally get their hands on the ship promised to them over 4 years ago. But if management are assuring you that it will happen by June (as they have bashed me with) then I guess you can only judge them, once again, on their performance.

I agreed to your bet Chad, I'll disappear if I'm wrong, yet you guys seem unwilling to back your assertions that the aircraft will be operational in June. :ugh:

Icarus2001
1st May 2010, 10:29
Hmm. I might ring up Q Link and suggest they offer a REAL jet to Mr Forrest.

What, do you mean one that CAN DO RNAV/GNSS approaches and DOES have IFE?

Surely you don't mean the DC9 - MD80?

Yawn.:rolleyes:

wotwazthat
1st May 2010, 11:03
Evilc

Just curious where you get the EIS in June from? The information I have read indicates July, but what's a month between PPruners :ok:. At the end of the the day, Skywest have an A320 in the country and it will enter into service at some stage. More aircraft = more jobs, it's all good :ok:

evilc
1st May 2010, 11:54
Happy to put my hand up when I'm wrong... you are quite correct Wotwazthat. I just re-read the previous posts and you're spot on. The Skywest newsletter quoted by Topend on page 4 of this thread indeed indicates "early July" - my apologies.

Also, more than happy to agree with you - more aircraft, more jobs. Definately a good thing for the industry and, again, for the long suffering XR crew once it finally comes off. Not such good news for WAC, they seemed to be bursting at the seams last time I was through PER.

I guess the extra few weeks before the promised launch makes it a bit better for DJ, but still a big commitment for just a month or two. Especially if the tender is opened to all (and probably decided upon) during that time. My mail indicates DJ's internal processes to assess a new port runs for around 30 days with quite a significant resource allocation across the business to tick all the boxes. Guess they could do it faster if push comes to shove. I assume DJ have done their sums.

The extra couple of weeks that I am in error hasn't changed my mind, however. I still reckon its gunna be well after "early July". In fact I'm in print as saying it won't be till year's end. Yet still deathly silence from the XR boys in this forum when it comes to backing their published timeline. Just derision of my suggestion that it will be well afterwards. I just call it as I see it. :cool:

Capn Bloggs
1st May 2010, 13:25
What, do you mean one that CAN DO RNAV/GNSS approaches and DOES have IFE?
Oops. Forgot about that! :oh: :(

Icarus2001
2nd May 2010, 03:49
More aircraft = more jobs, it's all good Well actually logically the opposite is true surely? 160-180 on board ONE A320 would replace THREE F50 loads or TWO F100 loads.

So ONE aircraft does the work of up to THREE others meaning LESS CREW required.

:hmm:

illusion
2nd May 2010, 05:31
Yes, but when one of the oldest A320's in the world breaks down on a regular basis you will need lots of aircraft to rescue the punters.

GAFA
2nd May 2010, 07:32
XR's A320 is still parked in front of John Hollands hanger in Melbourne.

evilc
2nd May 2010, 07:37
Did you notice if it's still "G" registered GAFA?

GAFA
2nd May 2010, 07:41
Couldn't see the rego, but it appears it hasn't moved at all in the last week.

XRlent100
2nd May 2010, 08:22
Keep in mind Strategic's is 3 years older. But I guess they broke down in Christmas a few weeks back so what you say may be true.

VH-FNP will be undergoing it's Aust cert of airworthiness over the next three weeks starting mon.

XRlent100
2nd May 2010, 08:47
For the record:

YQA cn 190
YQB cn 279
YQC cn 395 ( not delivered yet)
FNP cn 429

The derby run was recently done by a dash 8 one day and a F100 another so it's hardly creating more jobs when they break down.

Sunstar320
2nd May 2010, 09:20
So what do these 15yr old A320's end up selling for? 10million....?

evilc
2nd May 2010, 09:50
Ahhh, me old mate XRlent..... conspicuous by his absence.

Pontificating on everything except a commitment to the timeline he so strongly defends. Best refer to MSN 429 as G-BYTH old boy as nothing can be assumed when it comes to CofA's. Hope you can do it in 3 weeks or your timeline is looking shaky. Watching with interest. :}

XRlent100
2nd May 2010, 12:09
EvilC, I'm not partaking in your silly bets. Please provide a quote where I've defended the timeline. The only argument I've had was with you when you stated that Skywest's A320 was put on hold indefinately. An argument you lost as soon as the A320 arrived in Australia.

illusion
2nd May 2010, 13:31
Bloggsy,

When you compare the size of your appendage to that of a RAT then anything looks good:E

108vu
2nd May 2010, 14:37
The G rego will remain until CASA grants the AOC, something to watch for if that AOC is getting close is a large piece of masking paper covering the new aust rego. When the AOC is issued the paper will be removed and the G rego will be quickly painted out. The aust rego needs to be on the aircraft prior to the AOC being issued because casa like to measure it up, make sure i's the right size, right font etc.
I have heard that the aircraft has been put into a storage program due to the time they expect this to take.

evilc
2nd May 2010, 20:46
Not my silly bets XRlent.... it's your mate in the west (Chadzat) that made the wager old boy. Then another one of your mates had the audacity to want to send me his bank account details so I could pay him money if I was wrong - without even offering a counter claim. I simply accepted the fact that if I was prepared to make a statement then I was also prepared to "put up or shut up" on the back of it. :rolleyes:

My assumption is that your are more than likely XR management, not one of their long suffering crew who have been subjected to dissapointment for so many years on the back of hollow promises. So I therefore also assumed that you would back up the XR newsletter - "early July". My mistake if I'm wrong and aplogies.

Wouldn't care to dispel my notion of "year's end" with your view of what you clearly believe is less than "indefinite" would you? Easy to be right all the time if you neglect to put forward a counter argument :=

You say I lost my argument as soon as the aircraft arrived in Oz.... Guess it all depends upon your view/definition of the word "indefinite". My stance is simply the dictionary meaning.....

...... not clearly defined or determined; not precise or exact: an indefinite boundary; an indefinite date in the future (Dictionary.com)

Now we hear that the aircraft is in a storage maintenance program against the fence at JHAS in Melbourne...... oh dear. Sounds like an "indefinite date in the future" to me old boy. :ugh:

No need for a bet XRlent..... just define that date in the future for us all and we'll see who is closest in the end. No bets, no wagers - we can just let the fine contributors to this forum decide who "speaks of things he knows nothing about", as you suggested in am guilty of in a previous attack... I mean... post. ;)

Dehavillanddriver
2nd May 2010, 22:28
I think youare getting your letters jumbled.

The G reg will stay until the C of A is issued - the certificate of airworthiness.

This has nothing directly to do with the AOC - Air Operators Certificate - which Skywest currently has (although it may or may not have A320 on it).

wotwazthat
3rd May 2010, 01:27
Icarus2001

Your maths teacher would be really proud. Your economics teacher may be a little disappointed though. If you have operated into Perth recently you would know what I mean.

XRlent100
3rd May 2010, 02:16
EvilC,

Please lets refer to it as VH-FNP as per the latest photo on this forum:

Jetspotter.com • View topic - Skywest A320 due 4 April (http://www.jetspotter.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11356&start=15)

;)

evilc
3rd May 2010, 04:11
Fair call XRlent - Wilco. :ok:

Chadzat
3rd May 2010, 04:37
evilC please quote where ANYONE has said it will be in service by June? I dont mind having a good tit for tat, but it is usually the person with flimsy facts that decides to mis-quote the other side. I have said it will be in service by years end and that was all.

I suppose with strategic not doing much flying you have plenty of time to be sitting at a keyboard on proon! :ok:

oil additive
3rd May 2010, 04:57
Evilc... all of your assumptions have been proven wrong so far (date the aircraft is getting into the country, registration, put into storage by JHAS) and I look forward to the rest of your theories falling like a house of cards my friend :E

Go for it Skywest!!! :ok:

evilc
3rd May 2010, 08:01
Chad.

I addressed the issue of "June" a good few posts back... keep up old boy. I corrected myself to "early July" once my error was pointed out (always happy to fess up when I'm wrong)... and that date is from your company's newsletter my friend. That counts as "ANYONE" to me as the newsletter would represent the stance of the entire organisation - would it not? So "mis-quote" adjusted already.

Oily

I gave no date for the aircraft arrival. I simply said it was "put off indefinately". As advised above... indefinite - "no defined date". Yes it did indeed subsequently turn up, and I was just as excited as you to see that the XR crew were finally seeing an end to the hollow promises of their management over the last 4 years.

The assertion of "storage maintenance program" was not mine Oily... You will see that it was 108vu that advised us of that fact if you go back a few posts. I was simply suggesting that such a situation would indeed ensure that the date of EIS is indefinite at best.

My agreement with XRlent that we both now refer to the aircraft as VH-FNP is based upon the fact that this is now what is written in the side of the aircraft (excellent evidence provided by XRlent). I have no idea if the rego certificate exists as it was 108vu who indicated that the piece of paper confirming the aircraft is indeed on the Oz register won't appear till closer to AOC issue. Again, stand ready to be corrected if someone knows otherwise.

Once again you guys spend all your time trying to prove my initial assertion wrong, but with no support/proof nor intestinal fortitude to suggest when the aircraft will actually enter service. Each post I read indicates I am more likely to be correct on that element than you, but then I've already put my "money" where my mouth is haven't I. :ugh:

I don't fly for Strategic Chad... you're barking up the wrong tree there old boy. I'd like to, but I'm a Boeging boy. Maybe when they get their first 777 I'll jump in the seat. Got lots of mates flying there however (as I have in most other Aussie carriers). From what they tell me they are flat out. Twice weekly to the middle east, heaps of DIAC charters, off to Mackay from this week and some new RPT routes coming up also. Recruiting like crazy I understand. I'd worry less about Strategic and more about what your management are telling you if I was you. :E

oil additive
4th May 2010, 04:23
Alright evilc we'll just see what happens hey? I agree with you that the timeline is tight but my sources tell me that the aircraft will be in Perth by late May, early June and be undergoing some proving flights up North before its entry into service on the 5th of July.

Hey, just out of interest... I used to know a RAAF Caribou pilot how hailed from NQ that had the nickname of "Mr C". You're not one and the same person are you? PM me if you wish :ok:

evilc
4th May 2010, 22:42
No mate, no military experience for me..... probably guessed from my evil undiciplined ways :}

Agreed Oily, lets wait and see. Good luck to all on the project. The intro of a new type would be a stressful time.

topend3
6th May 2010, 03:54
Airways Magazine June 2010 is sporting a photo of the new machine with the G- rego and the text indicates it is on operating lease from a company called Aviation, an associated company???

muII
6th May 2010, 11:51
That is correct.

AIRTAM
7th May 2010, 21:42
the topend3 -
The owner of the A320 is AVATION PLC , a public company controlled basically by the Skywest Directors. You can look at terms of the lease on the London Stock Exchange under Avation News.

10000FT
28th May 2010, 06:13
- Aircraft due to arrive in perth August, maybe late July
- All 3 CASA required check n training and fleet manager positions externally filled (all 3 currently working in house to help get all preparations complete)
- Training for 4 internal promotions onto the bus have comenced, including line training exposure/experience with AirNZ

Sounds like a sure thing to me

topend3
28th May 2010, 07:08
I thought it was a sure thing when the bus arrived in the country...at least eventually...just became a debate between some on this forum over the exact date...

Skystar320
28th May 2010, 08:11
the topend3 -
The owner of the A320 is AVATION PLC , a public company controlled basically by the Skywest Directors. You can look at terms of the lease on the London Stock Exchange under Avation News

I believe that that Aviation PLC are leasing it from a major aircraft leasing company and isnt actually 'owned' by Aviation PLC

Mr. Hat
29th May 2010, 01:14
Do XR have a Melbourne base? I see the aircraft there every time i visit. Sounds like things are on the up with a 320 in the stables.

airdualbleedfault
29th May 2010, 02:20
- All 3 CASA required check n training and fleet manager positions externally filled (all 3 currently working in house to help get all preparations complete)

I hear ( actually, I know ) the " Fleet manager " has 4 years on the 'Bus and 2 as Captain , where they that desperate or is it jobs for the boys ?
The previous candidate who was sacked when the 320 was delayed had a couple of decades of airbus time including C&T, interesting contrast ?

Outtahere
29th May 2010, 03:29
Airdualbleedfault- check your info, the previous candidate failed his Casa CP interview & thus was unable to hold the position he was employed for. Casa are a little harder than the Cad. His termination was thus quite reasonable. Its not the story he tells though!

airdualbleedfault
30th May 2010, 03:49
Does anyone know how much experience these guys really have

Longjohn, read my previous, that is fact, don't know about the other 2 tho.

Outtahere, I'll take your word for that as I can't argue the point either way

Engineer_aus
4th Jun 2010, 15:09
I wonder how much its costing them with the aircraft sitting on the ground. Another Skywest bugger up. Also noting is that their "new" F50 FSL has been sitting in the hangar for a while. So who is running the show again? All I can see is $$$$ running out down the runway.

topend3
19th Jun 2010, 11:18
from ausav yesterday...

Skywest has released its May operating figures, showing that it had a 7.21 per cent increase in passengers on its RPT services for the month.

The increase in passenger numbers helped to push up revenue passenger kilometres by 9.53 per cent, while capacity increased by 1.13 per cent. Load factor increased by four percentage points to 52.75 per cent. Charter capacity

A Skywest Fokker at 100 Broome. (Paul Sadler)
in ASKs increased by 13.42 per cent.

Meanwhile, Flight International has revealed that Skywest has been utilising a Boeing 737-700 wet leased from Virgin Blue to operate charter services on behalf of Fortescue Metals Group to Cloudbreak since May 18, replacing one of its Fokker 100s which previously operated the services. The wet lease is understood to be an interim measure until August when the airline plans to introduce its first Airbus A320 onto the route. The aircraft is currently undergoing testing and compliance checks in Melbourne

evilc
19th Jun 2010, 12:24
August hey..... seems like my assumptions may not be so "off beam" after all. :p

Oily said....Alright evilc we'll just see what happens hey? I agree with you that the timeline is tight but my sources tell me that the aircraft will be in Perth by late May, early June and be undergoing some proving flights up North before its entry into service on the 5th of July.

I understand the machine is still in the hanger and not even on the AOC yet. :confused:

Seems like Oily's statement..... Evilc, all of your assumptions have been proven wrong so far.... might just fit better in reverse, given we are well past "late May" and have just seen "early June" fly by???

Meanwhile I see from the CASA website that YQC has been added to the Strategic AOC. The third one for them. My mate tells me 148 seats out of 156 filled to Bali today. Sounds a little healthier than a 52.75% load factor. Yeah.... I know, just one flight, but not bad considering the route has only just launched.

Jose Cuervo
20th Jun 2010, 00:38
I wouldn't fly with these amateurs called Strategic.

Remember the slide blowing incident a couple of months ago in Perth after a return to the bay....

Now that was kept very quiet!!!

Skywest though.. A mature company, steadily making profits over the last 40 years, not taking too many risks, and of course ACE aircrew and flight attendants.

bigjet787
20th Jun 2010, 01:43
Grow up Jose, I think you will find that John Holland was responsible for the slide. I think you will also find that Qantas and even Virgin have done slides before but I am sure you will still fly with them. :=

I hope both airlines do well. Nothing wrong with competition.

dodgybrothers
20th Jun 2010, 03:03
its easy to fill up the first flight with journos and freebees. evil might be little closer to strategic than just 'his mate'

evilc
20th Jun 2010, 03:50
My mate actually operated the first flight, which is why I know, and it was last weekend (12th) not this one. Your're right, however, Dodgy - full of Journo's from what he tells me - well half full. He reckons it was capped at 90 for paying pax, but they all sold anyway. Journo's filled the rest. :rolleyes:

But the flight he told me about, with 148 seats filled out of 156, was the 3rd return service. No need to shoot the messenger. :=

I see Jose gives his domicile as Perth. I hope his post is not indicative of the maturity level of Skywest, of which he speaks. Agree that the crew are probably ACE however.... I'm told they are a great bunch of people. Still waiting for their promised A320 however.

Also agree with Bizjet.... competition is good. More punters flying, more revenue to go around - even if it is at reduced ticket prices. Hopefully more jobs for us all in this insane industry.

Skystar320
21st Jun 2010, 05:17
A full cabin in Strategic doesnt mean nothing, as we dont know how much they paid for the flight do we?

Stragetic have done heaps of advertising in recent months which must have burnt a huge hole in the cash reserves.

Still waiting for their promised A320 however

Isn't it already in Skywest colour and on the Australian Register?

evilc
21st Jun 2010, 06:14
An aircraft that is painted and registered doesn't mean nothing (sic) either. That has been the basis of my stance since this thread opened Skystar old boy.

Go back and read my posts on the processes around getting the aircraft on the AOC. That it the kicker here (as the yanks would say). A coat of paint and a rego accounts for little. Just look at the Ozjet 737-200's sitting in the paddock at Perth airport. Lovely paint, nice rego's - but they aint goin anywhere.

The Green Goblin
21st Jun 2010, 06:47
Just look at the Ozjet 737-200's sitting in the paddock at Perth airport. Lovely paint, nice rego's - but they aint goin anywhere.

I believe thats more to do with the fact they 'aint airworthy than anything else!

Skystar320
21st Jun 2010, 07:14
We all know that CASA are really slow at updating the register? I've really got to ask, what is your problem against skywest?

Sunstar320
21st Jun 2010, 07:52
Yep Skystar. It took a few weeks for a Tiger 320 to be uploaded when it was clearly well in truly in operation.

evilc
21st Jun 2010, 22:10
Bingo.... spot on Green Goblin.....

Registration does not infer airworthiness, that's my point. The "airworthiness certificate" is something earned after rigourous processes and proof (back to birth) that the aircraft has no bogus parts and has an unbroken history of compliant maintenance. The addition of the aircraft onto an AOC is another set of even more rigorous processes (something CASA applies a 130 day service delivery standard to). The rego certificate, on the other hand, is obtained simply by proving the craft is not registered anywhere else in the world and the appropriate fee is paid.

Skystar - Once again I'm going to have to refer you back to all my previous posts. I've got nothing against VR. In fact I think you'll find I'm on record, numerous times, praising the Skywest crew. Yes, I've been less than complimentary about the management side of the register, but I don't think that even the long suffering Skywest crew will jump to the fore and mount a defence on that element.

What I am against, however, is the blatant attacks on myself as soon as I dared to suggest that June/July was an unlikely time of entry into service. As it turns out it is becoming more and more likely that I am right, but it seems that rather than accept my initial premise and duly accept that you (and others) may be in error, the argument is simply turned into the suggestion that I have something against Skywest. It was not me that made all the promises around the EIS, it was the Skywest folk in this forum. :ugh:

Skystar320
22nd Jun 2010, 00:47
I guess evilc people have the heart set on Skywest receiving the A320 as soon as possible.

Perhaps they dont take nicely to suggesting that it may take a little more time than they planned.

Delivery/Acceptance of aircraft certain can be delayed... The ATR aircraft I'm delivering to a client has taken an extra 2mths than it should have for a variety of reasons so it does happen.

At least we know the A320 is coming...

Cheers

oil additive
22nd Jun 2010, 03:26
Sorry in my delayed reply evilc... :}

This particular A320's EIS is proving to be somewhat of a headache for the XR team isn't it!! However, you did say that it would not enter service until the end of the year and I still dispute that assumption. I believe that an EIS of August/September is still achievable despite the frustrations with CASA and the C of A (not blaming CASA however - they're just doing their job).

My sources tell me that XR's managements choice of A320 was a poor one and that paperwork issues regarding the maintenance history of said beastie is proving to be its undoing? I suppose that's the risk you take when you lease an old & tired aircraft. I believe that this thing is older than some of the F100's that XR operate?

It's good that your stirring the pot Evil... this thread is far more interesting with your contributions :ok:

Oily

puff
22nd Jun 2010, 06:26
SkyWest Airlines VH-FNP (Airbus A320) (Ex C-GTDM D-ASSR EI-TLE ) - Airfleets (http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a320-429.htm)

It's had 28 different changes of operators since it was delivered in 93, imagine the layers of paint !

Their earliest F100 is a 91 model - FNN - FNJ is the newest a 94 model

Earliest F50 which was the first in Oz VH-FNA is back from 1987.

Skystar320
22nd Jun 2010, 06:39
Yet you still can't see it... Look at the rego's, alot are the same which does come to mind that most of these were WET/ACMI operations.

:mad::mad::mad:

puff
22nd Jun 2010, 07:18
No need to get so defensive! Even on your point its still had 6 regos then !

Look at VH-FNA - 1987 model with 2 operators, same rego - thats my only point !

It's not to say it's not a fine and safe a/c - just more of a pain to get all the paperwork in order.

cunninglinguist
22nd Jun 2010, 07:49
What I am against, however, is the blatant attacks on myself as soon as I dared to suggest that June/July was an unlikely time of entry into service

Suck it up Evil ;) You should have seen the pasting I copped a few years ago when some tosser came on here and said XR would be operating 320s ( plural ) by the end of that year ( I think 3 years ago ), not might be, but definitely would be. seems the XR folk are thin skinned and not too good at eating humble pie, there never was a retraction on that one.

A full cabin in Strategic doesnt mean nothing
Double negative, so it does mean everything then :}

topend3
22nd Jun 2010, 08:08
Will XR consider a premium cabin on the 320 like Strategic or keep it all economy???

Skystar320
22nd Jun 2010, 09:00
Puff, yet again you still do not realise that just because its a rego chage, doesnt mean a completely different operator. :ugh:

puff
22nd Jun 2010, 10:45
Seriously skystar - why do you get so defensive about nothing?

I only stated that it has had 20 odd different 'operators', I only stated that the a/c had 6 different regos. Is there ANYTHING untrue with these statements ?? Did I EVER state that anything other than that jokinly that it would have a few layers of paint on it ?? and that any aircraft that is older and has flown for more than 1 company would be harder to get the paperwork in order, say vs VH-HYA when it left ansett, one operator, one MRO it's entire life ?

Just wondering what :mad: icon i'll get in my response this time. :ugh:

tomcat264
22nd Jun 2010, 14:54
In aviation the glass is half full kinda people sooner later crash because they run out of fuel ;)

66biscuits
2nd Jul 2010, 02:25
So it's early July, any signs of this bird in PER yet?
I hear no facebook rumblings from my XR cabin crew friends regards training.

** EDIT **
Skywest sees passenger increase | Australian Aviation Magazine (http://australianaviation.com.au/skywest-sees-passenger-increase/)
August start

tcasegpws
14th Jul 2010, 11:21
Has anyone got an update on the A320? I heard today that an Airbus team is required due to major corrosion.

What engine type are they operating V2500 A1? if so what routes are planned as the A1's dont like the heat and have a reliability issue. A5's are a much better engine.

topend3
14th Jul 2010, 11:37
Karratha is on the cards but heat is not an issue there!!

topend3
14th Jul 2010, 11:40
They might be able to get their hands on a couple of strategic birds the way they are going...

tcasegpws
14th Jul 2010, 11:49
A330's are in high demand so I doubt Strategic will have any problems getting work for it.

The difference is topend is that the Strategic birds are flying. If Skywest require an Airbus team it will be in the hangar for a number of months and cost about the same amount they paid for the frame.

topend3
14th Jul 2010, 12:02
Well remains to be seen how long they are flying for!

tcasegpws
14th Jul 2010, 12:22
Time will tell :ok:

topend3
14th Jul 2010, 12:59
Also I don't think XR bought the bus, it is leased...

Skystar320
14th Jul 2010, 13:45
Well I'll be dammed! I told that the aircraft was leased and all fell on death ears.

evilc
31st Jul 2010, 07:13
July comes to an end today....

August tomorrow.... any updates?

Continental-520
31st Jul 2010, 10:27
You purport to be in the know, so why don't you supply the newsflash?

NAMD
31st Jul 2010, 11:13
Still the Hangar Queen in the north end of the Boat Shed at JHAS.

Not going anywhere soon from what I've heard. It's going to need a large axe to remove the tap roots when time comes.

Although I did hear a rumour they're trying to get it back to Perth on a PUS as it's costing cubic dollars to have it where it is.

evilc
31st Jul 2010, 12:12
Thanks NAMD

Gels with what I've heard - third or fourth hand.

Gives me no pleasure to see the XR crew (who took me on with such venom in relation to launch date) proven wrong. Clearly this is fast becoming just another broken promise - first given to them many years ago. Looks like the porky pies that management have been telling their clients, about capability, carries through to the long suffering crew.

dodgybrothers
31st Jul 2010, 12:47
A PUS NAMD, thats just permissible unsersevicablity so cant see anything wrong with that.

Skystar320
1st Aug 2010, 23:56
....this is fast becoming just another broken promise

Hmmm, a carrier going from Turboprop's to small Jets to an aircraft like an A320 is a huge step for most carriers, hell it won't be plane sailing will it?

Evilc, whilst I bear no relation with XR, it seems you have a grudge against anything XR? What's up, didnt they accept you when you applied?

evilc
2nd Aug 2010, 04:28
"..... hell it won't be plane (sic) sailing will it?"

Exactly my point Skystar.

This is the foundation and entire basis of my original post. Those that suggested it would be plain sailing were those suggesting that the addition of a new type to XR would be concluded with the aircraft up and running by July. I dared to suggest that this was impossible (as you clearly now concede) and I was vilified for it.

This vilification included the allegation that I have something against XR, just as you have now done. I do not. I have great respect for their crew, as I have stated many times in this forum, however I would be very concerned with management over this issue if I was an XR employee. I have never applied for a job at XR and have no intention to do so in the future.

If you go back and read my very first post you will see that all I was saying was that the timeframe suggested for EIS was a dream. I then put my justification into dot points as to why it would not be plain sailing.

Checkerboard
2nd Aug 2010, 10:36
Evil C

Your posts are becoming really boring, you sound like a broken record. Why dont you give it a break and find a new tree to piss on.:ugh:

Wombat
2nd Aug 2010, 16:22
evilc

who really gives a sh!t. :rolleyes:

topend3
3rd Aug 2010, 02:43
NEWSFLASH - A set of A320 steps has just been delivered to Karratha Airport - with Skywest stickers on them...

Van Gough
3rd Aug 2010, 06:02
I just read that Qantas are tendering on Albany, Esperance and Exmouth as well as trying to get into the WA fi/fo market. Must be a bit of a worry for XR...

Skystar320
3rd Aug 2010, 07:13
Van Gough, perhaps you could post a link?

Che cows with guns
3rd Aug 2010, 11:02
Van gough Qantas are already the main player in the WA FIFO market by virtue of their tie up with Cobham Duhhhh

Managers Perspective
3rd Aug 2010, 13:44
A PUS for structural corrosion would be a world's first :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Even a Special Flight Permit would be extremely tough to get, given that they are issued so that you can fly a defective aircraft to a location where the maintenance can be performed, not issued to fly an aircraft out of a suitable maintenance location with the defect still present.

What would be the justification to CASA?

MP

Van Gough
3rd Aug 2010, 13:50
Van gough Qantas are already the main player in the WA FIFO market by virtue of their tie up with Cobham Duhhhh

I was just quoting what was in the article.:suspect:

evilc
4th Aug 2010, 23:28
Sorry Checker old cock.... The deal was that I'd find a "new tree" if I was wrong. This was the wager that all those who were so intent on proving me wrong insisted upon. :}

Wombat.... I reckon the answer to your enlightend question would be...... the entire staff of Skywest and probably all of Skywest's clients that were told "don'y worry about your capacity needs, we are getting an A320". To name just a few. :ugh:

evilc
22nd Aug 2010, 22:11
Righto..... I've had enough!!!

You guys send Skystar 320 and XRLent over to the Strategic thread to give my mates a bashing. Time for you guys to take some.

I'll tell ya..... IT'S STILL IN THE HANGER!. JHAS have let slip that it will probably never come out servicable and compliant to this country's airworthiness rules. It is still grounded, just as I said it would be when you lot were out there telling industry, and everyone here, that it would be operational by the end of July. Now that's what I call "misleading".

Skystar 320 is over on the Strategic site talking about misleading statements. Well how about the misleading statements in this place.....

"Don't worry Mr. Mining Company, all your comany's extra travel needs are under control because we have a wonderfull shiny new A320 coming next week. QF, Virgin and SA don't need to help you because we are the answer to all your needs"

What cr@p. The hanger queen remains their until CASA can decide if they'll let those rocket scientist managers at XR have a permit to position it to sit against the fence in Perth to rot away while those same dills work out what to do with a multi-million dollar lemon.

I see so many of you pontificating on how much time the A320's of SA sit on the ground. I think your's holds the record boys. Clearly the 82% load factor at SA is just killing you. Well get used to it boys.

TID EDIT.

Chadzat
23rd Aug 2010, 01:53
http://lh6.google.com/failedpainter/R09apuSAlbI/AAAAAAAAA_k/wgB-tzYFCR4/bex%5B5%5D.jpg + http://www.maharaj0.co.uk/images/Brooklyn-Oak-3ft-Single-Bed.jpg

You'll feel better in the morning evilc

XRlent320
23rd Aug 2010, 04:47
evilC / Clive / Ex CASA,

Mate, have you ever thought the reason Skywest people are commenting on the Strategic thread is in retaliation to your complete bull#$%t that you've posted on this thread.

Your happy to comment on other peoples CRM yet with a temper like yours maybe you need to look at yourself. It's almost like you've taken a turn for the worse over the last couple of days.

Once again you've gone in and made accusations about things you have no idea about. I know for a fact that Skystar does not work for Skywest. In fact I think you'll find he's not a Pilot like you assume.

Maybe with your great contacts you should find out exactly what's happening to the Skywest A320 and realise if it wasn't for a few mishaps over at JHAS the aircraft would be on the AOC and flying by now. All the paperwork is done from flight ops side, they are just sorting out some previous tech issues and it'll be up and running.

Your last couple of posts on this thread and the Strategic thread show a person under great strain.

TID EDIT

j3pipercub
23rd Aug 2010, 07:21
Gold Chad, Gold.

witwiw
23rd Aug 2010, 11:52
Take it easy on Evil, he's under a lot of strain at present.

Heavy Cargo
23rd Aug 2010, 11:58
WW,

The cry baby will sook out on you again.:{ Wait till his boss fat boy and SA find out he is posting :eek:

Wombat
23rd Aug 2010, 13:05
evilc,

I hope you are not a pilot :uhoh:. You sound like a petulant little child :ugh:.

Mr. Hat
24th Aug 2010, 00:21
....in the mean time on the east coast the most important meeting in 20 years has taken place...

No idea:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

porch monkey
24th Aug 2010, 04:54
All too busy pissing in their own little back yards to care, Hat my good man. Kinda sums up pilots in general, sadly.

The Green Goblin
24th Aug 2010, 06:17
Agreed Mr Hat.

And lets also state that Skywest offer the best conditions (not necessarily wage related) of employment out of any Airline in Australia.

Rather than keeping your fingers crossed for them to fail, be positive in the fact that they will succeed. Remember, it was not long ago people were full of scorn when the F100 was announced. Now they have 9!

I tip my hat to Skywest, (the last surviving Ansett culture in AU) the management generally engages staff and recently with the threat of redundancies with the GFC the group got together and looked after it's own.

XRlent320
24th Aug 2010, 06:52
Mr Hat, surprise to you but there was talk of the SALPA (Skywest Airlines Pilots Assoc) sending the chairperson to the meeting you refer to, to show support for a united Pilot body. Using funds from the Significant SALPA war chest. Unfortunately with the conclusion of over 2 years of negotiations and subsequent vote on a new agreement the Committe were a tad busy.

66biscuits
27th Aug 2010, 05:54
Skywest posts $7.46m profit - WA Business News (http://www.wabusinessnews.com.au/en-story/1/83101/Skywest-posts-7-46m-profit)

About 2/3rds of the way down this article about money and profits is mention of their AOC being amended to include the A320, then this:

The Airline's AOC was recently amended to include Denpasar, Bali (Indonesia) as a passenger and cargo destination port for its Regular Public Transport Operations. Previously, the Airline was entitled to fly passengers to and from Denpasar on a charter basis only. This extended AOC entitles the Airline to sell commercial, non-charter tickets on routes to that port. The Company understands that, since more than 50% of its shareholder base is Australian, the Airline may be eligible for an Australian International Airline Licence making it possible for the Airline to apply for the inclusion of other international ports in the South East Asian region. To this end, the Airline is now in the process of applying to include the route of Broome-Singapore to its AOC.

The plot thickens.

Not sure if this relates directly to the Airbus in particular, so apologies.

Mr. Hat
27th Aug 2010, 22:46
Good to hear XRlent. The issue at hand might be particularly relevant given you have the best conditions of any airline in Australia.

In fact once Jetstar get this up and running it will set the precedent for other companies. Your company has connections within Asia so its not totally inconceivable for them to follow and expand under separate contracts.

I think its unlikely however given that your owners/management clearly see/promote the value of a happy well remunerated pilot workforce (so I understand).

What was the TWU's opinion/response? Did they attend? It was heartening to see that engineers and the ACTU put in an appearance.

There is a new era on the east coast with Qantas/VB/J* pilots not only respecting each other but supporting one another. A camaraderie I've never seen before. XR and Strategic are considered part of this as well. So rather than firing off shots at each other recognise that you are actually part of the same team.

Good luck with your EBA.

topend3
28th Aug 2010, 02:34
The news above relates currently to the PHE-DPS, move no doubt to better compete with Strategic's recent launch of services on the route.

shirjoc
29th Aug 2010, 23:53
The two lots of stairs have sat forlornly on the apron at Cloudbreak for the last few months . I have walked up them several times now but there is nothing at the top of the stairs when I get there. Can someone tell me where VH- FNP has gone, or was it never here in the first place. I would not like to be paying around $ US 190,000 odd per month for nothing.

Skystar320
30th Aug 2010, 00:44
Where did you get that monthly leasing price

Capn Bloggs
30th Aug 2010, 06:51
I would not like to be paying around $ US 190,000 odd per month for nothing.
If the stairs cost that much, I might change occupations. Seat OA anyone?! :}

walaper
30th Aug 2010, 09:42
Well lets disregard the price and ask again where is the A/C:hmm:

Icarus2001
30th Aug 2010, 10:04
We know that one...MELBOURNE!

shirjoc
30th Aug 2010, 23:14
Investegate.co.uk SKYW on Thurs 08 April 2010 under "lease of aircraft. It is for a term of 36 mths so they would want to hurry up I reckon.

VH-UFO
1st Sep 2010, 02:04
Got to work this morning and the girls told me that Virgin have stopped the 737 run into Cloudbreak.

Does this mean the A320 is close?

Icarus2001
1st Sep 2010, 08:27
My source in the west tells me that there will be some four engine jets heading to Cloudbreak soon.

VH-UFO
1st Sep 2010, 08:42
I think the boss is after something a little bigger than the 146.

flyingfox
1st Sep 2010, 09:33
Yeah; well he is going to make do with something smaller 'til the much rumoured Airbus arrives!:p

VH-UFO
2nd Sep 2010, 00:10
Not necessarily FlyingFox.

I believe Mr Joyce recently stated that QF are taking a serious look at the FIFO market, would be a nice contract to grab first up, especially with the Christmas Creek and Solomon contracts ramping up shortly, and no problems with availablility of larger aircraft at QF.

You there Twiggy? :E

shirjoc
2nd Sep 2010, 00:19
I think we will stick with the status quo till the big rig flys but look for some big changes around Feb next year!!

Engineer_aus
2nd Sep 2010, 03:43
I can confirm more cross charters. A mate of mine says that there will be some BAe 146's flying from Skywest's ramp in the next coming weeks.

topend3
2nd Sep 2010, 11:12
no problems with availablility of larger aircraft at QF.

not sure that is necessarily the case...the 738 fleet is fairly committed in WA on the RPT routes.

VH-UFO
3rd Sep 2010, 06:58
Shirjoc, your not far off the mark when saying Feb next year.

FMG are changing there rosters at Cloudbreak, not from 1 and 1 but a modified version of it, which will be implemented Feb next year.

As yet it hasnt been confirmed but they want to fly in a little later, leaving Perth around 6pm and into Cloudbreak around 7.40pm so nightshift can start at midnight. And for the early risers, want to depart the outgoing nightshift who will finish work at midnight, at around 3 to 4 in the morning back to Perth.

kimberleyEx
3rd Sep 2010, 07:09
VH-UFO

If FMG are looking at Night ops into Cloudbreak, that would explain XR cross hires for BAE 146.

Correct me if Im wrong, but XR would need their GNSS/RNAV capability for the F100 or A320 to go into Cloudbreak at night wouldnt they?

Maybe they could get old faithful QQ in their F100's? They could do the RNAV in there no probs! :ok:

K-Ex.

topend3
4th Sep 2010, 04:41
the F100 XR fleet is being upgraded to GNSS technology

Aquaplaner
4th Sep 2010, 08:32
the F100 XR fleet is being upgraded to GNSS technology

Skywest's media release from August 2009 states that they are committed to the gradual installation of integrated GNSS technology into their Fokker 100 fleet.

That was over a year ago. Does Skywest still not have a single aircraft with GNSS technology?

Mr. Hat
5th Sep 2010, 12:59
Aqua, could just be GT factor my friend.

There was a massive article with the Fokker is it in the recent Australian Aviation. I think you'll find Alliance are the leaders in the F100 world.

Icarus2001
6th Sep 2010, 06:36
Yes, a couple of mining clients were not impressed after the contracts were signed only to find that Skywests' "modern jet aircraft" cannot fly in IMC to some mine sites due to a lack of GNSS.:sad:

Mr. Hat
6th Sep 2010, 07:28
The words "due diligence" come to mind.

F111
6th Sep 2010, 10:21
All they had to do was copy Alliance and put 2 stand alone Trimble GPS's connected to 2 5" screens and problem solved.

Mr. Hat
6th Sep 2010, 12:15
7 mil in a GFC pretty darn good - looks like the boys in blue will get the payrise afterall

Skywest seeks Broome-Singapore rights
Monday, 30 August 2010
The Singapore-based parent of Australia's Skywest Airlines says it expects to post a S$7.46 million net profit after tax for the 2010 financial year.
Unaudited results showed revenue of S$178 million in 2010.

The WA regional carrier also wants to operate flights between Broome, WA and Singapore and also is looking at other Australian domestic routes including to the country's east coast.

XRlent320
6th Sep 2010, 13:18
Mr Hat, its a done deal, 15% over 3 years.

Mr. Hat
6th Sep 2010, 13:50
Sounds pretty good. An other details?

Chock
7th Sep 2010, 11:00
What about monthly flying being increased to 80 hrs a month? Has the productivity threshold been changed?

XPT
8th Sep 2010, 07:48
What's the latest on thsi bird ?

Is it still sitting at MEL doing SFA ?

shirjoc
8th Sep 2010, 10:37
Yes its still in Melbourne. Where is EVIL C, gone Honestly the thread has become a problem since he? left.I bet he is giggling his socks off with the lack of an A320 in the Skywest stable here in W.A.

Mr. Hat
8th Sep 2010, 10:53
Would like to hear more about the EBA. Don't want to start a separate thread. 15% over 3 sounds like a reasonable deal.

Mr. Hat
20th Sep 2010, 00:52
Mr Hat, surprise to you but there was talk of the SALPA (Skywest Airlines Pilots Assoc) sending the chairperson to the meeting you refer to, to show support for a united Pilot body. Using funds from the Significant SALPA war chest. Unfortunately with the conclusion of over 2 years of negotiations and subsequent vote on a new agreement the Committe were a tad busy.

Can we assume SALPA and the TWU will be present to support Australian jobs in Melbourne on the 27th?

Sunstar320
25th Sep 2010, 06:34
Appears to be getting alot of engine work in the hanger, cowls open alot. Currently has emergency exit windows off too. Approaching the 6 month mark since its been here.

Is it even airworthy?

Thats what she said
25th Sep 2010, 08:00
I'm guessing that the answer to that lies in the Fortescue decision to put all their aviation needs up for open tender.

XPT
27th Sep 2010, 11:52
seems a crazy amount of time to have the bus just sitting at MEL.

Surely they could have had it doing something.

Who's paying for it to just sit ?

DJ probably could have used it yesterday & today !!!

XPT
27th Sep 2010, 11:54
Did Skywest think they were going to be flying the A320 a lot for Fortescue ?

yowieII
27th Sep 2010, 16:20
No but I think Fortescue thought that Skypest where going to be flying the A320 alot for Fortescue:bored:

Jose Cuervo
21st Oct 2010, 13:33
A little birdie whispered we will see a Skywest A320 in Perth tomorrow.........

Sunstar320
23rd Oct 2010, 03:26
She's up! Just got the COA and is about depart Tulla for Perth right now.

Continental-520
23rd Oct 2010, 09:36
VH-FNP landed at YPPH at 1555 Perth time today.

The Green Goblin
23rd Oct 2010, 10:59
http://www.drivingforceclub.com/forums/images/smilies/newsmilies1/this_thread_is_useless_without_pics2.gif

Chock
23rd Oct 2010, 11:14
Is it staying in Perth, or is it on its way back to the UK?

topend3
23rd Oct 2010, 14:19
Reading on another forum I do believe the tower remarked "It's been a long time coming" when they called up on finals...:)

Continental-520
23rd Oct 2010, 16:54
Is it staying in Perth, or is it on its way back to the UK?

No point getting through all the CASA red tape just to send it back where it came from...:rolleyes:

VBPCGUY
23rd Oct 2010, 21:46
Did a test flight yesterday morning before departing to PER also did a test flight on Friday afternoon.

topend3
24th Oct 2010, 00:01
No point getting through all the CASA red tape just to send it back where it came from...

I think that may have been a tongue in cheek comment Continental!

Jose Cuervo
26th Oct 2010, 01:10
Starting in the second half of this year????

•No A320 Fleet manager, training/check crew or line pilots within their ranks (advert appeared just today - normally 3 month notice period for currently employed folk. I can just hear Max at MATFO now "you want who to be your fleet manager - I don't think so?" Just as they did with the original Tiger CP. Experience is a CASA requirement for new type operations. They will need to find someone good!)
•If they can find crew how do direct entry captains sit with the union?
•No AOC with A320 on it yet, let alone CofA for the machine itself(CASA's service delivery standard for new type on AOC is 130 days I believe - working days that is = 5.9 months)
•Has CASA even provided an estimate yet and have XR paid the 50% up front.
•No manuals written to even allow the start of CASA's process (still under construction at Altara I hear and I've never heard of CASA accepting the "first cut" of any manual they have assessed)
•No MEL or SOM for the engineering side of the house (I understand the talk in the XR hanger is "we have no chance of getting ready")
•Any spares on order to keep a 17 year old aircraft with 22 previous owners running.
•Speaking of 22 owners - how is the back-to-birth tracing of the maintenance files tracking (can't get an CofA from CASA without that)
•XR CAR 30 has no A320 on their approval (and JHAS are booked solid)
•And that's all before a partial evac demo is even booked in with CASA who have a total of 1 Cabin Safety Inspector (other on maturnity leave I understand)
Always love to see our industry expand, but operations in the second half of the year are just a dream I think. A nicely painted machine means little sadly. I have a nice tattoo but that doesn't get me into the Gypsy Jokers. Don't polish your wings just yet lads.

I guess ol' evilc is quietly sitting in his corner having a good chew on his Akubra!

Good on ya Skywest, looking forward to seeing the next three online.

Continental-520
26th Oct 2010, 05:08
I guess ol' evilc is quietly sitting in his corner having a good chew on his Akubra!

Good on ya Skywest, looking forward to seeing the next three online.

Yep. All the 'nay sayers' from the days before the first F100 arrived ate humble pie in the end. Can't verify this but I have heard F100 number 10 (yes, 10) is in the pipeline.

Where are you now, evilc? Cat got your tongue? Always had plenty to say when they were jumping the hurdles with this project... :rolleyes:

Wombat
26th Oct 2010, 05:18
Conti and JC

Christ !!!!!

Don't get ole evilc fired up again.

I have also heard number 10 F100 in the pipeline.

Good luck to em

Wombat

Xeptu
26th Oct 2010, 10:06
Whats your problem with evilc, he didn't say XR would'nt get up, his deal was he would go and piss on a different tree if XR were up early July. So far in my view he is correct. There is some reference to years end, but I don't think that was part of the bet. Correct me if I'm wrong. In any case, I presume it still has to go through the AOC process yet, so probably will be years end before it's up will it not.