PDA

View Full Version : FI renewals - barecelona/spain?

skyhigher
12th Mar 2010, 08:03
Does anyone know or have experience of any flight schools near Barcelona where they have renewed a FI rating?

Or experience of a renewal in Spain (AEROFAN?)? Whats involved, how long, many briefings etc etc?

thanks.

FREQUENTFLYER1234
12th Mar 2010, 08:44
Did mine with Nivel195 in Granada, all good.

Whopity
18th Mar 2010, 14:02
Presumably that means he passed! It would still be nice to know what the test actually involved as it appears to differ from one country to another.

When I asked a graduate from a Spanish FTO what the initial test comprised of, it bore no resemblance to a test conducted in the UK!

porridge
28th Mar 2010, 17:08
I understand the initial FI test is Spain is a test of your ability to pass a LPC form of test flying from the RHS. Spinning? What spinning consists of is probably your ability to get the prop to spin (i.e. get the engine started) As for renewals - I have heard that even an IR renewal is just a paper work exercise as long as you have some logbook evidence that you have allegedly flown some IF in the last year, so I guess the FI renewal will be based on the same parameters. However, that may all have changed since EASA have recently been doing some investigation into the failure to carry out tests according to the EASA/JAA schedule by Spanish FTO's.

Hansard
28th Mar 2010, 21:14
The output from Spanish FTOs does seem to be variable. I've seen good but I've also seen those who I consider to have been cheated because they weren't taught and weren't expected to demonstrate certain elements that would be considered fundamental elsewhere. I'd say quiz those who've undergone Spanish training about the content of their tests (any professional tests) and decide if that's the way you want to do it.