PDA

View Full Version : MEL caution/warning section

Boroda
2nd Feb 2010, 16:37
For some caution/warning there is false/actual position. Could anybody explain me this in a way of easy understanding, because MEL explanation is not enough for me.

Spasibo

muduckace
2nd Feb 2010, 19:52
Are you refering to caution and warning (ch 31 I think) of a specific aircraft or consequences of a failed component on MEL?

Boroda
2nd Feb 2010, 20:01
MEL 320 has chapter CAUTION/WARNING MESSAGES. This chapter helps identify easily respective MEL reference page. But smtms I see two references for the same caution/warning: false caution - refer to....; actual caution - refer to ....

9.G
2nd Feb 2010, 20:32
Boroda, as the name suggests. If it's a false warning treat it as one, if it's real treat it as real. Digital airplane implies sometimes that warnings are triggered without actual conditions being met. :ok:

Boroda
3rd Feb 2010, 02:43
How can I evaluate if that message is real or false? Aircraft is digital, I am not.:}

FlightDetent
3rd Feb 2010, 11:00
(M)MEL states in preamble that it should be used after troubleshooting not instead of it. So, by the time you open the book, one already knows whether you face a system malfunction or false indication. For some problems, a qualified engineer is requried to distigusih between the two. Correct?

FD (the un-real)

TyroPicard
3rd Feb 2010, 17:22
It should be clear from the MEL item Tech Log entry whether it is a fault or a false indication - pilots do not decide that, engineers do. (Except in flight of course - confirm failure on SD/FAULT light before ECAM actions).

Boroda
3rd Feb 2010, 17:59
Spasibo, becomes clearer:ok:

Dream Land
4th Feb 2010, 03:31
One way I use to check if a warning was spurious is to select the CFD function and select CURRENT LEG ECAM, if the warning you received does not record, then I assume it's false or spurious.

PappyJ
4th Feb 2010, 12:20
One way I use to check if a warning was spurious is to select the CFD function and select CURRENT LEG ECAM, if the warning you received does not record, then I assume it's false or spurious.
True, but place heavier emphasis on spurious :ok:.

9.G
5th Feb 2010, 19:58
It should be clear from the MEL item Tech Log entry whether it is a fault or a false indication - pilots do not decide that, engineers do. (Except in flight of course - confirm failure on SD/FAULT light before ECAM actions). It's always the captain who decides how to treat the corresponding warning. Engineers might offer a option but it's always a commander who decides whether to accept it or not. All depends on the failure, the history as well as all the other pertaining factors. :ok: