PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster /DSA/ EGCN on London North Volmet

Jinkster
19th Aug 2009, 11:06
Who do I need to contact to ask them to put Doncaster on the London North Volmet?

Thanks! :E

BarTT
19th Aug 2009, 20:38
It's being looked into. But apparently there's no room to add it!

goatface
20th Aug 2009, 20:30
On the basis that they have far less commercial movements, get they who decide to remove Humberside and replace them with Donny Hood!:E

fireflybob
21st Aug 2009, 09:35
If they got rid of the (in my opinion pointless) variability of the wind direction (especially when its less than a few knots) on the Volmet Metars that would save a heap of space!

Or they could put EMA and/or LPL on London Volmet South.

That said London FIS is very helpful with providing weather information!

Riverboat
23rd Aug 2009, 21:12
Goatface, I think you will find that there is more commercial traffic at Humberside than DSA. I'm open to correction, but every time I fly over DSA there seems to be no airliners on the ground, just 3 or 4 light aircraft. Occasionally there is some training going on - an Atlantic Electra, a FlyBe Q400, but it must be the quietest airport in the UK!

As a pilot I fully agree that eliminating the long exposition on the varying wind directions, which is rather academic, would save a lot of time and allow DSA's wx to be added.

RB

PikPilot
24th Apr 2011, 11:20
This is't Doncaster Volmet. There's a bit'o' smoke from't coil fires in't village, an' some sand flyin ararnd 'cos o't tide bein' out i' Skegness. Strong thermals above't car park on accarnt o' bein' empty, but bugger all CAT 'cos we 'ant 'ad a plane in si' Friday...... This is't Doncaster Volmet

CancelIFR
2nd May 2011, 12:16
get ACARS.... :ugh::ugh: