PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fox.....

salapilot
12th Apr 2001, 22:27
Read in the Guardian today a new start(Blue Fox) up is coming our way. This company will be flying Buisness Class only from Stansted to New York For a £1200 return. BA watch out....

[This message has been edited by salapilot (edited 12 April 2001).]

Mapleflot
12th Apr 2001, 22:36
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, since I see in another thread that somone here is now an enthusiastic employee of Blue Fox, but why will this airline suceed where e.g. Swiss World failed a couple years ago. Ok. Geneva-NYC is not the same as London-NYC, but I would think Stansted i still not a `bizness' airport yet. AA pulled out of there pretty quick a few years ago...and Continental is coming in I hear.

JB007
12th Apr 2001, 23:04
Have to agree STN is not the place for this type of operation...but the idea is correct, in a world full of low cost, the next big idea....Business Class only airlines, I think it might just work!!!!

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

upwiththebirds
12th Apr 2001, 23:08
Seen the website. Anyone know who to contact for a job!

GEENY
13th Apr 2001, 12:50
Try 'Uncle'Bob Styles..

upwiththebirds
14th Apr 2001, 04:11
Excuse my ignorance GEENY but don't know the guy. Could you elaborate?

ETOPS
14th Apr 2001, 21:37
Amazingly the Chairman of this new outfit is to be Lord Tebbit - formerly SFO Norman Tebbit of BOAC. Don't fancy trying to negotiate anything with him..............

Avman
14th Apr 2001, 22:37
Name me a single business-class-only airline that has succeeded? Even Legend Airlines in Dallas failed miserably and I thought that they might have had a chance. Business men want frequency, flexibility and a good FF program. Leisure travellers, bar a few, want to pay rock bottom prices so that they can complain about the cramped conditions. I give Blue Fox three months tops.

THE FIXER
15th Apr 2001, 01:32
Avman your naivety is quite sad.

Businessmen do want to save money, so price does count.

Name a single class airline doing well…Mid West

Blue Fox offers full flexibility

Legend (internal not transatlantic just in case Avman lost the plot somewhere)

Legend Raised $84M spent $43M building a new terminal out of the $41m left $18m was spent on legals amending an Act of Congress, balance remaining (we do this just in case Avman can not keep up) $23m. $12m was spent on lease deposits and re-config the balance was used to try and start the airline. Needless to say they did not stand a chance in hell after being misled by their advisors as to costs.

Going head on with American at their own hub was to say the least silly. Sadly the ill-educated Avman thought they had a chance.

Avman
15th Apr 2001, 12:39
THE FIXER,

So what's your involvement with Blue Fox? I'm well aware of MEP. Yes, they're a single class carrier - and a bloody good one at that. They do not trade as an exclusively Business Class airline! What they sell is a bloody good product which is equivalent to Business Class at premium economy fares. I'm well aware that Legend was a US domestic carrier. My reference was worldwide, domestic or international. Your loyalty to Blue Fox (perhaps the source of your income?) is interesting. TRAVEL CONSULTANT or not, IMHO you are the naive one if you believe that an airline offering an exclusively C class transatlantic product from Stansted can survive the atlantic rat race. We will see, that's if Blue Fox ever make the starting line. By the way, I'm one of the few leisure travellers who will pay for a competitively priced product which provides me with a good comfortable service and I would be delighted for an airline such as Blue Fox to succeed. Sadly, I live in the real world!

[This message has been edited by Avman (edited 15 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Avman (edited 15 April 2001).]

BRUpax
15th Apr 2001, 13:03
If you shop around you can find good Business Class fares with the majors. Last month I flew BRU-AMS-JFK with KLM for GBP 1200.00. The month before I travelled AMS-IAD-AMS with UAL for GBP 1250.00. What Blue Fox may achieve is bringing C fares down from LHR/LGW during the (short?) time they're operating.

Zones
18th Apr 2001, 15:00
I think the concept is a good one, although not sure about this particular execution:

Plus points:

- offering reasonable business class product at decent discount compared with ususal suspects that fly ex LHR.

- much will depend on what exact fare comparison is with usual suspects, and also what comparison with existing discounted c-class fares available ex LHR via AMS/CDG or even Iceland...

Negative aspects:

- is STN best airport ? Is it their only choice however ?

- Is B767 too big ? They'll be taking a massive bite out of BA's arse... perhaps they should consider 757,737,A321,A320. (Latter 3 would prob have some performance "complications", but with only 30 or so seats could have the range needed - esp w/ BBJ type fuel tanks/winglets)

Wait & see....

Z.