PDA

View Full Version : Jade Cargo Runway Excursion ICN 33R

ttesna
17th Apr 2009, 05:25
Any news on the runway excursion to the left hand side of the runway onto the grass arround the 6000 ft mark by the B744-F .:rolleyes:

MD11F
20th Apr 2009, 13:39
Hi Folks, nobody out there with any details on that one?! Just curious!

ttesna
30th Jun 2009, 08:31
Finally some feed back on this one.
After landing reverse was selected on all 4 engines.No big beal there.
Nos 1,2,3 ENGINES went into reverse,(green)NO 4 DID NOT.Capt attempted to recycle no 4 engine,instead accidently hit TOGA.The rest is history.a/c fully left the runway.The a/c is still in Seoul.
Am told a serious amount of damage on all 4 engine.etc:ok:

NSEU
30th Jun 2009, 21:44
I find this interesting, as Boeing logic should inhibit the autothrottle with any engine in reverse.

Rgds.
NSEU

wotsitdoin
1st Jul 2009, 15:40
Plane finished on the grass, pointing 90 deg off runway heading with No.4 at take off power which wasn't noticed by the pilot. No.4 engine stuffed, 3,2,1 semi-stuffed. Investigation on-going.

manrow
1st Jul 2009, 21:14
Careful how you phrase it NSEU, otherwise the media will insist that all Boeings are grounded until the problem is identified!

Jesper
1st Jul 2009, 21:23
The autothrottle is inhibit on the engines with reversers activated, but no.4 wasnt even activated from what i read

NSEU
1st Jul 2009, 22:13
The autothrottle is inhibit on the engines with reversers activated, but no.4 wasnt even activated from what i read

The 747-400 only has one autothrottle servomotor for all four engine thrust levers. If one engine in reverse inhibits the autothrottle, then TOGA shouldn't activate.

Careful how you phrase it NSEU, otherwise the media will insist that all Boeings are grounded until the problem is identified!

Maybe we should ground all press until their problems have been indentified :}

Capt Chambo
1st Jul 2009, 22:14
Still parked up at ICN. Engines 1&2 are still off the wing. (Cannot see the right wing so cannot confirm if engines 3&4 are off the wing also!)

ttesna
2nd Jul 2009, 23:21
The point here gentlemen and or ladies is that you dont PULL reverse thrust untill all reversers are unlocked.
I didnt mean to have a slanging match with the boffin heads over this one,however.
In my manual it says( and i dont know wether the auto pilot was engaged or not in this case)

QUOTE. UNDER THE ROLLOUT section.:

During rollout ,autothrotttle IDLE mode remains active UNTIL the autothrottle disconnects with the THRUST LEVERS in reverse.

NOTE. Ten seconds after reverse thrust levers are DOWN (it doesnt say all 4)
autothrottle is ARMED until flaps are up. Pushing...A ...(IE ONE) toga switch while the autothrottle is armed activates the autothrottle in THR REF MODE.

Chew on that one
:ugh:

NSEU
3rd Jul 2009, 01:20
NOTE. Ten seconds after reverse thrust levers are DOWN (it doesnt say all 4)

If this is the exact text from the manual? The word "levers" suggests more than one. Only one lever was down.

Why would Boeing design an aircraft to go into takeoff mode with any lever in reverse?

Rgds.
NSEU.

ttesna
3rd Jul 2009, 12:54
Good point I was waiting for the JOKER.

faheel
3rd Jul 2009, 20:53
Guys concerned are probably in the can right now !
koreans fine you for anything, I shudder to think what they have be fined for this incident:uhoh: