PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried S2T Grass Reinofrcement?

irish seaplane
25th Jan 2009, 17:57
Given the weather thats in it, just wanted to see has anyone tried out the facilities that are using these plastic grids to reinforce runways etc? My Cessna 180 is up to the axles in places taxing our grass strip trying to get out to the gravel runway. Would consider a narrow strip down the centre to stop cutting it up.

Be really interested in its braking friction... the gravel is great it really gets you stopped in short order. Can't imagine the plastic being as good, but would love to hear from someone using it in anger with a similar weight A/C.

Thanks

Irish

flybymike
25th Jan 2009, 23:15
They have a fair old wad of the stuff fitted on the main runway at Bagby which has been in situ for some years . It seems to do a good job (on an airfield frequently known as "Bogby") and I havent noticed any braking difficulties.

VP8
27th Jan 2009, 14:31
They have it at Andrewsfield Braking action normal:ok:

Veeps

tacpot
27th Jan 2009, 15:42
The S2T Perfo product is an example of a now common class of building materials; geoplastics and geotextiles.

You may find a builders merchant in Ireland that can supply of a very similar product at a much lower price.

I recently purchased very small quantity of the Aco Groundguard product to reinforce the parking area where my aircraft is kept. (My aircraft MTOW is 900Kg.) This is the Groundguard product:

ACO Technologies (http://www.aco-technologies.com/product_overview.php?id=18)

tp

irish seaplane
27th Jan 2009, 17:03
Thanks for that - I have a friend who's a builders provider. I'll ask him - guess there is a big premium tacked onto the other product given the audience it's aimed at....You'd spend a fair while piecing it all together, but looks like a good job and say after a few years its like concrete.

Save washing plane every outing too,

Irish