PDA

View Full Version : Long-Haul Pilot is TV Survivor

Vortillion
17th May 2001, 16:09
Apparently a long-haul pilot from Northhamptonshire called Andy will be one of the contestants on TVs new reality show called Survivor. He gets to take the next 6 weeks off, battling it out on an Island in the South China sea.

Who does he work for and where do I send the CV.

newswatcher
17th May 2001, 16:33
Sorry to disappoint you but competition has already taken place, on island off coast of Borneo, called Pulau Tiga. Contestants slummed it whilst production crew in luxury resort about 1/2 mile away.

[This message has been edited by newswatcher (edited 18 May 2001).]

Iz
17th May 2001, 21:18
This wouldn't happen to be Brunei would it?

Pointy End
18th May 2001, 00:42
Where do you guys live !!!! The first Survivor was filmed on an Island of Malayasia, the second show, just finished, was shot in outback Australia. The next show to hit was shot in Africa. No heavy metal drivers in the first two shows !!

------------------

FE Hoppy
18th May 2001, 01:34
In the US yes but this is in the UK.
The concept was an English one. The same guy who came up with the Big Breakfast.

Kubota
18th May 2001, 05:44
Well, he'll win for sure!

1. After all, if he can eat any kind of airline food, he'll find lots to eat on an island...worms, grubs and maggots are a step up!

2. He has lots of "reserves" from being on his rear end for 16 hours at a time...

3. He'll be able to talk himself out of any situation...all the practice he's had chatting up the cookie chuckers!

4. Etc...any more? Anyone?

PeeToo
29th May 2001, 19:20
The gentleman in question is an FO on BA's 777 fleet, ex RAF Chinooks, and survival instructor.

OC41
29th May 2001, 21:56
ex BAR @ BHX and according to the guys and girls @ BHX a Tango wisky alpa tango

overstress
30th May 2001, 02:49
OC41

According to this BHX-er he ain't as u describe

Where do U get ur info?

Try reading the national press sometime old boy (oscr leema dleta brao oscy yanker)

[This message has been edited by overstress (edited 29 May 2001).]

Wing Commander Fowler
30th May 2001, 02:52
Nice one "Overstress" - more loyalty is what this world needs. And what about that flippin' nursemaid Uozmar callin' us all Glorified Taxi Drivers????? Nothing glorified about me.......

------------------
I'm finger lickin'

airforcenone
30th May 2001, 03:00
As a fellow BHXer, he is not as described by OC41. He was apparently spotted in the Compost Centre last week so we're figuring that he didn't win!

Tandemrotor
3rd Jun 2001, 04:53
So OC41

Where exactly do you get your info from. I know the guy in question, as well as a large number of folk at BAR BHX, and as a few people have already said, he doesn't appear to fit your description, so do tell.

From the guy in question, thanks to overstress, Wing Commander Fowler, and airforcenone, Andy (41) from Northamptonshire would love to buy you a beer!