PDA

View Full Version : Money off..................

CraigyD
15th Sep 2008, 17:10
Hi everyone, thought it would be best to ask this here............

I intend on doing my FI rating before I tackle the ME/IR once I have finished my ATPL GS (If all goes to plan I should start my FI course around March/April 2010).

My question is, if I manage to get a job at a school who teach the ME/IR, will I able to get some kind of discounted rate for training as an employee :}? I know it will most likely vary from school to school but just wondered if anything like that even exisits!!!!!!

Cheers

Craig

eason67
16th Sep 2008, 06:45
The place where I work would do that. It might not be a lot but you would certainly get some benefit from being an employee.

Vortex Thing
23rd Sep 2008, 01:55
Get your ME/IR done first.

1. It will mean that you have a get out of jail card if the weather turns nasty and you can teach certain lessons VictorMike on top(before the slanging start no suggesting every type of student and/or lesson can be done in this way but some can.

2. You will be a more experienced pilot before you instruct.

3. If you intend to do any other type of commercial work you will need the ME/IR to even apply.

You should be able to negotiate something off training where you work but some schools are notoriously more stingy than others.

jez d
23rd Sep 2008, 11:01
Cabair are looking for PPL instructors and will offer sponsorship towards ME/IR. See Cabair News: the recent news and events throughout all divisions of the Cabair Group of aviation companies (http://www.cabair.com/news.htm) (bottom of page).

They're not the only school looking for instructors (who isn't?), so you could probably negotiate a similar deal at any number of schools offering commercial training.

Regards

jez