PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 777 perfornace

Reddot
1st Jun 2008, 18:02
Hello:

Some can give me or tell me where to get the manual performance, software performance or similar of the Boeing 777.

is to make a comparative level with the 340 itself. Any information about the performance or operation serves me.

Thank you

Pugilistic Animus
1st Jun 2008, 18:34
As a perpetual student of the aeronautical art and history--I' d say do a search on Pprune-First;)

When I was still an official student --i learned to sit down shut up and regard expert opinions whehter written or spoken--and to take heed of their correction--

Keep learning,

PA

Reddot
1st Jun 2008, 18:44
Do not judge without knowing each other's experience, may bring a surprise.

Greetings

TheGorrilla
1st Jun 2008, 19:21
What sort of performance informtion are you after? Comparing a 4 engine aeroplane with a 2 engine aeroplane or more specifically the B777 with the A340?

The twin will have more excess power in just about every case (excluding Concorde and mil jets of course!). You'll find the take-off performance and climb performance is better on the B777, especially if you're looking at comparing it with the original A340s.

keith smith
1st Jun 2008, 21:58
Since both the twin and 4-engined aircraft has to be capable of dealing with loss of an engine at any point during take-off it is inevitable that the thrust to weight ratio necessary for twin is larger than tat for four engines. I think it is as simple as that, unless somebody can suggest an alternative.

keith smith
1st Jun 2008, 22:01
I would think the same arguements would apply to Concorde and military if they are intended to be airworthy

mutt
2nd Jun 2008, 04:41
Reddot,

You might find that we are weary of new-joiners in this forum....... Come back in a month and ask the same question again.......

Mutt

Reddot
2nd Jun 2008, 10:47
A comparison is about runway analysis, the runway lenght TOW, Vspeeds ...

Any info is still good ...

Thank you