PDA

View Full Version : any jobs available ??

a330
9th Jul 2001, 22:39
hi there guys ,

i'm a canadaian PR and i may going back to canada to live and also looking for a flying job quite desperately , 'coz if no job no $$$ would appreciate if there is any help available . and also on any info on license conversion from FAA to canadian license . i have approx. 1300 hours + total and more than 1000 + on multi t/prop .

Thanks in advance .
a330 :)

27driver
11th Jul 2001, 21:51
a330,

For your Canadian licencing requirements, you'll need to do the following....
1. Get a Canadian medical from a Transport Canada apporoved examiner.
2. See a local flying club, write the "P-Star" (air regs), and radio licence exams. The schools will have study reference material.
3. Review for a Commercial flight test with an instructor. You can do your flt/test without having the written examination complete.
4. For the multi-ifr, you'll need to get a canadian multi-engine rating. For the ifr, you need the written exam completed before you are eligable for the flt/test. Try having a look at www.aerocourse.com (http://www.aerocourse.com) for study material.

Flight tests will run about $200 each, and the written exams are about $100 each. Aerocourse is a good prep course for the ifr, but is costs about $375 for the 3 day course.
This should help ya...
:cool:

[ 11 July 2001: Message edited by: 27driver ]

Slapshot
16th Jul 2001, 09:07
I did the Aerocourse after the Trnsport Canada guys dropped the ball on my IFR when I returned to Canada. Very well worth the dough! Aced the IFR and kept my job.

TTFN