PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Africa (2008 onwards) Part 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3

NaxNaxNax
26th Oct 2009, 10:16
Thnx for the info Reptile!

I am very interested in a job for SAX.
How ever, I have a few questions regarding it..

Does anyone of you guys know if they will help me pay for the TR or if it is self sponsored?
What are their basic requirements?

I am a newly graduated JAA fATPL holder (ME/IR MEP - 200hrs TT 20ME).
I realise these are low hrs, but do they hire low timers as well?

Is it possible for me to join their Cadet programme?

Any career advise for me would be very appreciated!!

Have a nice day! =)

fl145
2nd Nov 2009, 06:17
hi my fellow crew men i have been wondering if anyone of u or even a friend have ever attended an interview with ALS how its like please i need details
thanks

Devin Longo
5th Nov 2009, 17:50
Hey guys,

I'm interested in sending my CV to Transafrik. I have about 400 hours TT, CFI, and also two years experience on a Boeing 727 full motion simulator. (Part of the curriculum at my university). I do realize that there are more experienced guys out there, but I was wondering if anybody knew any contacts at the company besides the one listed on the website? I'd like very much to fly in Africa, especially on the 727 or Herc.

Thanks guys.

oceanfly
23rd Nov 2009, 02:55
i am FAA ICAO CPL/IR/MULTI LAND and SEAPLANE rated

Total HRS: 2179
DHC-6 twin otter HRS:1515 (SIC)
IR HRS:367
single command HRS:142.7
Multi command HRS:396.3
night HRS:246,9
:rolleyes:

emm
25th Nov 2009, 14:38
Have heard that they need PC-12 drivers @ ndegejuu in Uganda

keen2fly
27th Nov 2009, 10:17
Hi there,

I figure you are just the person to ask about my dilemma.

I have just finished my PPL here in spain, I am a british national and ultimately I want to fly for Aid Organisations, or airlines who are charted by them.

At present I am working on building air time, but I am still uncertain as to whether I am best off training for a JAA or FAA CPL. I currently live in spain and am prepared to travel anywhere in the world for my training and then to subsequently work to build experience.

Any advice would be grately appreciated, many thanks in advace for your time.

Yours

Mike Neville-Rolfe.

FL999
28th Nov 2009, 17:01
Air Mauritius are recruiting. A319/A330/A340 FOs and ATR Captains. Preference will be given to Mauritian nationals but expats may apply.

http://www.airmauritius.com/news/pressrelease/pilotvacancy.pdf

migair54
16th Dec 2009, 12:20
Hi mates,

I have been flying ATR but now I´m on ground,

I have 700h on type and my last sim was on OCT09

Do you have information about any airline in Africa who´s looking for ATR pilots???

I´m ready to go anywhere..

thank you very much

rush2one
22nd Dec 2009, 14:27
Here is another pilot looking for employment
SA ATP licence with grade 3 instructors
4000TT
2000 pic single turbo prop
1800 pic on other GA aircraft
400 pic ME
Looking for work in South Africa again

waqas
23rd Dec 2009, 15:25
hey every1

i just got my cpl n IR from philippines am living in uae i have 350 hours can any1 advice me if i do airbus 320 rating wat will b the chance to get in airlines
thank you

atpcliff
1st Jan 2010, 18:11
Hi!

Heard Precision Air out of Dar-es-Salaam is now looking for ATR types w/ 500 hours on type.

cliff
YYZ

747TDR
6th Jan 2010, 09:15
I might as well jump in too...

SA CPL with Multi-engine IR

TT = 220.0
PIC = 100.3
Multi = 28.6
Single = 191.4
Retractable = 78.9
Night = 11.4
IF = 28.4 (ACTUAL) and 28.4 (FSTD)

C172, P28A, P28R and PA34 (All current)

Low hours but it's worth a shot!

Blue skies,
747TDR

Charliesjc
11th Jan 2010, 08:35
Updating mine from a little while ago...

SACAA CPL /w ME IR and Frozen ATPL

TT=1000hrs
PIC=820hrs
Twin time= 800hrs

400+ hrs survey experience.

Rated on PA34, PA31, BE58, PN68.

LargerHammer
11th Jan 2010, 14:44
Hi All. Anyone know if the new Senegal Airlines is recruiting? Any contacts?

Syckes
13th Jan 2010, 11:35
Hi guys.

I'm a low time pilot with a CAA CPL/MEP/IR with a frozen ATP (Subjects) looking for a co-pilot job in south africa and africa. I find references of jobs on the net but don't find the right people to contact.

Can you guys please advise on people to contact and places to go look. I want to become a Airline pilot one day so would like to fly BE200/1900 or similar stuff but don't have the ratings

PM me with info please

Thanks

747TDR
13th Jan 2010, 12:11
Hi Syckes,

Firstly, what kinda low hours are we talking about?

If its less than 500hrs, your chances of getting a sniff of a 200/1900 job are just as good as that of the right-hand seat in a 737. It just isn't happening in South Africa at the moment.

Go get an instructors or find the nearest skydiving school and drop meat bombs for a living. Right now, that's the only way of getting somewhere in SA at the moment. Harsh but true. Especially after 250k+ in training.

After finishing the comm, I contacted a couple of 200/1900 operators to enquire about my chances of a right-hand seat with a rating and a few hours on type. I could actually hear all of them falling off their chairs in hysterical laughter! Note: these are the same operators that the school I wanted to do my rating at advertised as "95% chance employers" after the course. Makes you think.

The only way (and best way) of getting there, is by working your way up. Employers like instruction time as they are not just employing junior FO's, but also future Captains, Training Captains and Fleet Captains who have the ability to train people.

My 2c worth.

Blue skies

Blue skies

VarigMD11
18th Jan 2010, 10:23
Hi Ngwaziair

Could you give me an e-mail address so I can forward my CV please?

Thanks!

HughHefner
18th Jan 2010, 18:25
pm'd you my resume.

Jetdriver
18th Jan 2010, 19:37
A reminder.

This thread is for pilots interested in jobs in Africa, Not for individuals or companies looking to place unpaid advertisments. There is a link for companies and individuals seeking to advertise at the top of the page or Here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/advertise.php)

We are more than happy for companies to contact us with a view to placing an advertisement for crews, with the assurance of a good target reach. However it is a breach of our sign up rules to attempt to place unpaid advertising. Further it should perhaps serve as a caution to individuals who might be tempted to respond to those companies that are unwilling or unable to place an authorised advertisement.

flyndad
23rd Jan 2010, 19:33
Anyone know of any Instructing jobs in Africa please pm me.

takeoffpowerset
25th Jan 2010, 04:21
Hey Guys Any Idea If Tt 450 And 200 On B 200 Will Fetch A Job Somewhere In Africa .. if nt on b200 atleast on a Caravan or a 206 ??

ab33t
25th Jan 2010, 15:19
South African pilot looking for any air time .

FAA CPL/ME/IR

TT = 2300

Jet time SIC Corporate jets = 350
Turbine Time BE200 = 510
Twin Time = 1100
PIC time = 1800

soaring.high
26th Jan 2010, 15:18
FAA CPL/IR/ME
272TT
Any chance of getting hired by any of the African Charter COs?
Any Company on a hiring spree?Plz provide me with their contact details.
Willing to work for free!!!
Any career advise will be highly appreciated ( Besides CFI rating Plzz!!)

mightyhawks
27th Jan 2010, 07:23
dash8 LAME 100,200,300,Q400 looking for job Africa

Corne Buitendag
28th Jan 2010, 08:54
SACAA Frozen ATPL
TCAA CPL

TT 863
MEP 600
SEP 200
MET 34 (7 700kg, multi crew)

FrankAbagnale
28th Jan 2010, 18:10
UK JAR ATPL (F)

737 300/900 Type Rating

TTL 240 Hours
80 Hours 737-800
50 Hours Multi Engine Piston
110 Hours Single Engine

Looking for anything and everything.

:ooh:

IRAQIFAlCOn
29th Jan 2010, 11:26
Hello everybody, guys I have FAA and Jordanian commercial pilot license /Multi engine Instrument airplane. with 300 prop total flight time. any possibility to get a pilot job in Africa ???

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ab33t
29th Jan 2010, 11:57
Yes it is paossible

TJ1F
29th Jan 2010, 15:14
Anything is possible !! If you commit to it..... Go out to the operators and Ask them yourself... Most places here is the only way!!

sdonthi
30th Jan 2010, 06:49
Hello there!
I hold a valid SACAA frozen ATPL with instructor's rating; total time is 214 hrs. Hoping to start my career in flying as a bush pilot anywhere in Africa, and am willing to sign a contract or get a type rating on the particular aircraft.
Please PM me if you have any info about openings.
Thanks a tonne!

IRAQIFAlCOn
30th Jan 2010, 09:59
I am living in Iraq, you guys think I should go there and apply physically
??

4runner
1st Feb 2010, 17:44
Willing to fly for food? Willing to fly for free? I thought this was a profession and not a charity. You guys are commercial pilots. You get paid to fly, not the other way around. Anyone willing to work for free is lowering the bar for other pilots and taking money out of their pockets. If you want a job in Africa, you have to at least show your face on the continent. Just a heads up though, don't frequent pilot friendly watering holes offering your services for free as you may get an unpleasant welcome here.

Der absolute Hammer
2nd Feb 2010, 02:37
Flying as a profession? Perhaps not really, more a training or a trade I think, Once upon a time it might have been a vocation but a profession? I do not think so. Fly for free, fly for food, fly for less? A self funded type rating is the same as flying for free, is that also to be criticised? What about the pilot who takes a pay cut to keep his job. Extend the argument a little and can say that pilot who flies the aircraft of one country with the licence of another but on a validation, deprives the pilot of the former country of the possibility of a job. Pilots are an international labour force, like Polish plumbers, only probably poorer, and supply and demand and usual economic consequences of blue collar workers apply to them.

Dromader
4th Feb 2010, 08:07
JAA CPL/IR/FI(A)
FAA CPL/ME/IR/CFI(I)
TT 4000, Pilatus Porter bush/mountain and fire fighting mainly
English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish
Want to give it a try on the African continent
Thx

brad_nz90
6th Feb 2010, 04:55
only 240 hours total time and yet 80hours in a 737 nice bro

silver-raptor
9th Feb 2010, 07:52
Please inform me if there are any vacancies.

I have Indian CPL and IR with 172 and 152 endorsed .

260 hours with 201 PiC and an Instructor rating.

cessna11
10th Feb 2010, 20:16
Hi guys, I'm based in Luanda at the moment looking for flying work, any ideas of companies hiring low timers?, your info will be appreciated, thks

ashish_pilote
17th Feb 2010, 04:56
Hey Guys !

I just got my FAA CPL[SEL,MEL,IR] with 250 hrs in the logbook.,due to bad economical climate unable to find a job back home.

Please can give details about any job opportunity with low time in Africa,will to relocate ASAP.

Your Help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

DA-10mm
17th Feb 2010, 04:59
going somewhere else would be a good start...

ashish_pilote
17th Feb 2010, 05:06
Thank DA-10mm

but where is the Question?

do you have any suggestions....!

Wildpilot
17th Feb 2010, 05:17
I think you will find that the bad economical climate is world wide including Africa as it is part of this planet, you can join the long queue of pilots in Maun if you wish or there are similar queues of newby pilots all around the world waiting for that hard to bag first job. Also remember there are thousands of experienced pilots with thousands of hours also out of work in front of you.

If I was you I would get any job going and sit tight for an improvement before going off to Africa or any other location as waiting for months is really expensive when you are not entitled to work.

May the force be with you.

ashish_pilote
17th Feb 2010, 05:27
Thx bud for the advice !:ok:

do let about any hiring,any where if u know.....

lilflyboy262
17th Feb 2010, 05:56
Also taking the time to read the forums and using the search button would be a good place to start.
ALL the information you will ever need is on here.

ashish_pilote
17th Feb 2010, 08:04
Thank you folks.....

Will Do

ab33t
17th Feb 2010, 08:51
Read the Maun forum

ashish_pilote
17th Feb 2010, 09:06
been doing that....Thx again

but i figured out that i need make to Maun,Botswana.
thats like a risk i have to take ?
dono if its worth it ?:rolleyes:

aviator_hyd
17th Feb 2010, 11:07
i hope you have converted ur license into a dgca CPL. if not yet i would advice you to do that before you look for something somewhere..

747TDR
17th Feb 2010, 19:53
Why would he have to covert his CPL to an Indian DGCA CPL??? He's considering Maun in Botswana, on the dark continent of Africa!

Anyway, back to the point, Maun (and everywhere else in Africa) is a very tightly shut shop. Experienced CPL's with more than double your hours and type rated on the C208 aren't even getting interviews, let alone jobs.

I see you don't mention an FI rating in your qualifications. Why don't you consider that? Rumour has it that the US is crying out for FI's. Instructing is one of the most rewarding things you could ever do.

aviator_hyd
18th Feb 2010, 05:14
i agree you dont require Indian CPL for flying in Maun or any other places that he is looking at. But for a Indian Citizen who has trained abroad i think its advisable to get his license converted into Indian license first simply because if any opportunities come out he would be atleast be eligible to apply for them. I have lots of friends who have run off to Philippines or African regions to fly before converting their License into Indian ones, and when an Opportunity opened up back home they were unable to apply for it.

So its just my advise. and i totally agree with you. You have experienced CPL holders with CFI/MEI rating + about 500-800 hours waiting to get a job in Maun, so chances of a fresh CPL holder getting priority ahead of them is really slim. ( although i dont mean to discourage anyone but that is what the situation is at present)

ashish_pilote
18th Feb 2010, 05:20
@ 747TDR

The reason why aviator_hyd asked whether i converted to DGCA bcuz Im an Indian with a FAA CPL.

I can get my Flight Instructor rating, but i wont be allowed to work there ![GREEN CARD]:ugh:,so did bother to get one !

@aviator_hyd

I do hold DGCA CPL !!:mad:

Since no openings in India, I'm trying abroad.

Does anyone know, whether i can get a Dispatcher job in Africa with my current qualification ?

TonyWilliams
18th Feb 2010, 09:10
Does anyone know, whether i can get a Dispatcher job in Africa with my current qualification ?

Do you have a dispatcher's license?

lilflyboy262
18th Feb 2010, 11:13
aviator_hyd & 747TDR, Where in gods name are you getting your information from?

Nearly all of the pilots that got hired in Maun were fresh CPLs.

Csanad007
18th Feb 2010, 16:39
nonsense guys... almost every guy hired this year was fresh CPL.
So don't spread the crap guys!

ashish_pilote
18th Feb 2010, 17:58
@ TonyWilliams- I dont have FD lic,but was wondering if i could with my CPL till get to fly !!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lilflyboy262 & Csanad007

Thank you for the real picture about Maun !!!!:O

Where the best hiring period there ? May be ill try my luck....:cool:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again Thank You,every one for ur posts Keep it coming:ok:

747TDR
18th Feb 2010, 18:23
Well then they must be in the back pockets of the bosses in Maun.

Getting info from the guys who applied. Guys who went there. Some even on the promise of a job from the operators themselves. One of them was even kicked out after transferring from the Johannesburg base of one of the operators in Maun, all because he was too "inexperienced" (500hr CPL + C208 rating + decent time on type)

Info may seem like :mad: but its true.

Ashishe, if you're really keen on flying in Africa, spend some time in SA and get an FI rating. Almost all schools offer employment to guys who do the instructors rating with them. Work permits are a breeze. There is a large contingent of Indian guys training in SA and schools would be foolish not to take on an instructor who shares more common ground with his students than most.

Best place in the world to fly!

ashish_pilote
18th Feb 2010, 18:28
@ 747TDR thank you for the Lead bud !!:ok:

Do u know how much does it cost for a CFI rating ,conversion process and some skool with Indian folks ?

Starting my research flying school in SA tooo....:8

747TDR
18th Feb 2010, 19:03
Not too sure how the conversion process works but get hold of SAFTA (SA Flight Training Academy). Will set you back about R75k (around $10k) all told (including some very nice campus accomadation).

And no, I don't work for them :ok:

www.safta.co.za (http://www.safta.co.za)

also try 43 Air School. www.43airschool.com (http://www.43airschool.com)

Good luck and blue skies!

Wildpilot
18th Feb 2010, 20:57
747TDR,

I'm afraid you do not have a clue what you are talking about, getting and instructor rating in SA will not help anyone get a job in Africa and definitely not in Maun apart from maybe with Sefofane but they are not hiring.

Most guys who get hired are newbies and even if you did have some 208 time you would not get your hands on it for at least a year. I know because I used to fly for one of the operators there and know how they operate, if you know someone who told you this dribble then they probably are not telling you the complete truth as to why they got the kicked out as that does not happen in Maun unless you are a crap pilot or have a **** attitude. Please don't give advise if you do not know the facts from your own experience.

Don't get an instructor rating as it will only help you get good at flying in the circuit and will not help you gain employment in most of Africa in the charter world.

ashish_pilote
18th Feb 2010, 22:11
Im confused !!!!:ooh::ooh::ooh:

747TDR
19th Feb 2010, 10:06
Wildpilot I suggest you clean your glasses.

What I suggested to Ashishe is that he does his FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR RATING in SA and become a FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR. In no way did I mention it would be beneficial in applying for other jobs!

As for Maun, I do not appreciate personal attacks on friends of mine, but I can assure you that their non-acceptance into the operators at Maun were not caused by any wrong-doing or bad attitude on their part. Perhaps Maun was different when you were there. I'm sure you must be an almighty Captain on 747's now with your experience and attitude. :ugh:

If you don't have anything constructive to say, rather just don't say it. Keep your rants to yourself. They are not welcome here and nor are you.

Wildpilot
19th Feb 2010, 11:39
Wow, that's the sort of attitude that will get you fired from Maun, and no I do not fly a 747 I am a career bush pilot. I will not go tat for tat with you because you do not understand written English.

I did not insult your friend as it was a suggestion as to what is more likely to have happened than the not enough hours story which is simply not true in Maun. I have allot of mates in still in Maun some I speak to weakly so I know the situation well, some are chief pilots and managers and I was there not that long ago myself.

As for getting annoyed and insulting on a forum, well it shows a level of immaturity that is very prevalent on this site and detracts from the real time advise from people who actually have experience. When you get older you may look back and laugh at yourself for your short temper and and reactionary posting, I know I am. :ugh:

Good luck in your career, you will need it. Nothing more to add.

Ashish, PM me if you want some good advice on the Africa situation.:ok: cheers.

lilflyboy262
19th Feb 2010, 15:00
747, I do not appreciate being told that I am in the pocket of my new employers. I turned up, just like everyone else, and was hired.
The 2 others hired here were also low houred guys that turned up and got lucky.
There is only ONE person that I knew of, that didnt come to Maun first, and thats because out of luck, he met the owner when he was visiting SA.

I know prety much everyone that has come and gone this hiring season, and I do not know anyone that had 500 hours and 208 time, and didnt get a job. So no doubt he turned up, didnt come and hang out in the bars, did the rounds once or twice then left back to SA sour faced that he didnt get work.

Get your facts straight.

Ashish, if you dont want to instruct, get on a plane and go to Tanzania. Go hit up Dar es Salaam, or Arusha.
Or perhaps go into Uganda as well.
As for Maun, you have missed the boat here my friend.

Lineboy4life
19th Feb 2010, 17:33
ashish_pilot - give www.susi-air.com (http://www.susi-air.com) in Indonesia a go, they've got 17 odd nationalities on the payroll & with your time they'll put u in the RHS of a 208 for a year or so...

ashish_pilote
20th Feb 2010, 14:15
@ Wildpilot (http://www.pprune.org/members/319285-wildpilot) Will do....expect a PM anything

Thank you again

ashish_pilote
20th Feb 2010, 14:25
Lineboy4life (http://www.pprune.org/members/171520-lineboy4life),lilflyboy262 (http://www.pprune.org/members/296525-lilflyboy262),Wildpilot, (http://www.pprune.org/members/319285-wildpilot)747TDR, (http://www.pprune.org/members/314031-747tdr)aviator_hyd, (http://www.pprune.org/members/298295-aviator_hyd), (http://www.pprune.org/members/298295-aviator_hyd)C,sanad007 (http://www.pprune.org/members/284418-csanad007), (http://www.pprune.org/members/298295-aviator_hyd)DA-10mm (http://www.pprune.org/members/309270-da-10mm)
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR UR SUGGESTIONS:D

About me I hold FAA CPL[SEL MEL IR] 243hr Total
Flown C-152,C-172,BE-76,Piaggio Avanti P-180(onli 4hrs till now...n counting)

Willing to relocate to any part of the WORLD.

PLZ LEAVE UR SUGGESTION.

UR HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED [by Me and other low timer like me] :ok:

Csanad007
20th Feb 2010, 15:47
Well as lilflyboy wrote your Maun ship has left (and mine also). Other places other chances... But Africa has lots of opportunities.

vijayps87
21st Feb 2010, 06:07
Hi i am planning to get my cpl , frozen atpl and instructor rating from south africa. But am really confused if i should do it or not. Can u guys give an insight about how the job market is there for entry level pilots in southafirca and also how easy or hard is it to get a job ther . Comment about any kind of pilot job be it instructor charter or airlines i would like to know . thanks in advance

lilflyboy262
22nd Feb 2010, 11:53
Take.
The.
Time.
To.
Read.
The.
Forums.
Vijayps87.

Everything you need is in here!

jsfboat
1st Mar 2010, 15:36
I'm a low time guy with 430TT, CFI, CFII and a Multi-Commercial (about 10 hrs of twin time) with a sense of adventure. Are there any companies in Africa that hire low time guys? Would like to get over there and thought that this would be a good place to start asking.

davidibiza
1st Mar 2010, 15:57
You could try to investigate a bit in the forum, there are several posts (¿hundreds?) that might help you.

ppragman
15th Mar 2010, 23:37
I'm a pilot up in Alaska, and am wondering, it seems that all of these bush operators in Maun, and Dar recruit super low time guys, how much time is too much time? I'm sitting around 3000hrs, all of it Alaska time really, and may decide to go to Africa in about a year or so, what affect will that have on my chances there?

perceval
16th Mar 2010, 00:51
hopefully you'll just get a better job to start with , on bigger equipment .I wouldn't worry about that . Dar , Lusaka or Luanda MIGHT be more suitable than Botswana .
Wish I could have a go at AK .It looks spectacular !

Csanad007
16th Mar 2010, 10:31
There is no such thing as too much time.

ppragman
16th Mar 2010, 19:05
Good to know, I appreciate the fast responses, I've got a few more questions as I don't know much about how to get on there other than "show up."

Since I don't have much multi time other than B1900 SIC time, and don't have any caravan time other about 4hrs, what kind of gig can an American get?

Currently I'm sitting at around:
3000TT
2200PIC
2950"Bush Time"
580 Multi Time
560 Turbine time (SIC)

I've got about 1000hrs in the Cessna 207, and the PA32-300/301, does that count for the requisite time for the "type rating?"

rahulpereira
17th Mar 2010, 07:10
Hey guys,
I am new to this thread, but have read some of the previous pages and I thank all of you to post all those useful information that people like us who live outside Africa can make use of.
I have a question for you guys though, How are things in Kenya because I have relatives living in Mombasa, so I would love to go and fly there as I would get a little support from them. Unfortunately they are not related to Aviation at all so cannot ask them about it.

Telling you about myself, I have an FAA PPL + IR with 200hrs flying and will be going back to the US to get my CPL in maybe 2 months time as I am clearing my DGCA exams here in India.

Is there any chance for a guy like me after I have a CPL majorly in Kenya ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,
Rahul Pereira

lilflyboy262
17th Mar 2010, 13:29
Kenya is very very hard to get a licence, there is a lot of red tape. And you need to be hired before you can get a licence etc.

As for the alaskan pilot, places like zambia need 1000 hours for licence validation, so go there, and you will get snapped up in a second. They are screaming out for pilots.

ppragman
17th Mar 2010, 16:53
Which places in Zambia are good then if you don't mind my asking?

perceval
17th Mar 2010, 18:58
Lusaka (capital city) . With your time you should get some good opportunities . Tanzania as well .Maybe even Kenya or SA (on out of country operations only coz work permits ) because of the 1900 time .Quite valuable .Plenty of 206's,208's as well .
For rahul : If you have relatives in Mombasa , Can you get a Kenyan passport ? With low time , it's your only way to get in . Otherwise , head to Tz .

takeoffpowerset
18th Mar 2010, 17:46
hey I got 450tt 200hrs on BE-200, any luck for me in zambia , would love to fly the 206/207 !!!

lilflyboy262
18th Mar 2010, 18:06
Not good. You need 1000hrs in Zambia for licence validation.

takeoffpowerset
19th Mar 2010, 03:56
1000 hrs even for c 206!!!!!!! I was told that 1000 requirement s only for caravan and aircraft bigger than those. Just wanted to know how are the working and living conditions in Zambia ?

ppragman
19th Mar 2010, 05:59
@perceval

Thanks a lot man, do you know of any companies in particular that are decent?

ppragman
19th Mar 2010, 06:01
@takeoffpowerset

yeah, up in Alaska, you're unlikely to get a gig with less than 1000TT, insurance isn't cheap. Even if you're just flying a 207...

lilflyboy262
19th Mar 2010, 07:22
@Takeoff,

The hour requirement has nothing to do with insurance there. It is purely in place to keep the local pilots in jobs instead of all the jobs going to foriegn pilots. So it doesn't matter if your flying a 152 or a 747. Fact is you still need 1000hrs for there.

Malawie I believe has a 3 or 400 hour requirement. But I stand to be corrected on that.

cwy04
19th Mar 2010, 07:44
in Zambia you need more 1000 hours as PIC since gaining an IR

takeoffpowerset
19th Mar 2010, 16:12
any charters in malawie ? if somebody can suggest ??

ppragman
19th Mar 2010, 16:21
Nyassa Air Taxi try them, but I have no idea if they're hiring...

rahulpereira
20th Mar 2010, 12:28
Hey thanks for your reply,
Well I don't think I will get a Kenyan Passport, I think the only advantage would be , they might know some people and also it would very easy for as I would be living with them so I would save a lot on food and stay,
Since you've mentioned TZ , for a low time like me , what would a flying job be like and which aircraft would I be flying ?
Also since I have a loan that i have to repay here, hows the pay ?
Thanks in advance,
regards,
rahul

lilflyboy262
22nd Mar 2010, 09:15
With Nyssa, you have to be at least 24, and have a few hours on twins, can't remember how much.

Csanad007
22nd Mar 2010, 10:49
Nyassa doesn't specify the amount of twin time but specifies the amount of PIC. 400!

Doc 4
24th Mar 2010, 07:47
Pilots with over 2000 hrs have problems getting a job in Africa, it is not only about flying but more about workpermits and License conversions....in short they dont like expat pilots in Africa

lilflyboy262
26th Mar 2010, 08:28
Doc, Are you just trying to get your post count up? Cause your info is kinda wrong. Or are you just talking about your country in particular? Africa is a big area.
Have you been to any of the major flying areas lately and looked at the pilot situation?

aphelio
26th Mar 2010, 23:13
aaand which are the major flying areas, lifflyboy?
cause starting from maun, no low hour pilot is even touching a plane...
and traveling from 5000 kms to there to come back..is not cheap, or worse... is not worthy..

anyhow, david is right, there´re houndreds of post about this issue!!:ok:

Csanad007
27th Mar 2010, 07:13
aphelio: geez, man... where do you get that crap?
At least lilflyboy262 knows what he is writing, and there are quite a few low timers who are touching planes here in Maun. And there will be a few more being hired on coming monday (as Sefo just had a round of interviews).

But then again, this hiring season is over here...

lilflyboy262
27th Mar 2010, 09:34
Also, wasnt just meaning Maun, but was also refering to Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Uganda, Congo, Angola, Windhoek and Swakopmund all hire fresh 200hr CPL's. Obviously some companies don't for insurance reasons, but the chances are still out there.

The pilots hired this year in Maun:
Sefofane's pilots, 1 had 500hrs+, 2 had fresh cpl's, 1 I'm unsure of. New round of interviews, all have fresh cpl's
Delta Air, 1 pilot, wouldn't have had anymore than 300hrs
Mack Air, 2 fresh cpls's
Moremi Air, Unsure, I but both less than 500hrs (could be wrong)
Major Blue, 1 pilot, 1500hrs+
Kavango, 2 pilots currently working, fresh cpl's, 1 was hired and fired, with a fresh cpl
Safari Air, 5 pilots, 4 fresh cpls, 1 500hr

But of course, there was no low houred pilots hired this year. Just another bitter person who turned up for a week or so then left when he wasn't hired straight away.

Also please define how between 750-900hrs a year is not worthy? With the next year providing around 500hrs on a turbine?

The only country in Africa that I know of so far, that I know of that has a hour limitation on validation of foriegn licences is Zambia with 1000hrs.(And I stand to be corrected)
If you really want a job, take the time to do some research, turn up on their doorstep and ask. All you need to get is get off your ass. I did it, and I'm from NZ and knew nothing of the place.

(Although I do have Csanad's blog to thank since it gave me a majority of the leads to go and research)

aphelio
27th Mar 2010, 12:55
agree with u guys, u should have a better view fo the field.

but u still saying that not low-hours hired this season, so exactly what I was saying in my post...that move my ass spending 3000eur to get a door slap in my face....is what I call unwhorty and waste of time-energy.

One thing is to move my ass and another is to be a blind stupid door-knocker...I am so willing to move (as I did couple of times) if at least I see a hint of hiring-hope (thanks for the list lilflyboy). And after doing a month research I recieved a NO HIRING email from Sefofane, Mack Air, Moremi Air, etc. (I could show´em to u..)

So, should I fly there even with the no-hiring email, and, yet, knocking on doors???:bored:, sorry for my ignorance, but I believe that´s the most stupid thing to do (unless having leftover money, which is not the case...and i think many low-hour pilots case...).

thanks for the info, though :ok:
nice flights!

lilflyboy262
27th Mar 2010, 13:49
Its the same all around the world. You have to be there to get hired. I went to Aussie, Indonesia and all the Pacific Islands before I managed to get hired.
You can't just sit back firing out emails expecting to get hired from the otherside of the world. They recieve multiple emails each day from people like yourself with the same experience and ratings.

As the Chief pilot from AirNZ just told me, "its attitude that we are looking for." And you can't show that from your armchair in your home.
Besides, you have speant how much getting your licence? What another few thousand.

aphelio
27th Mar 2010, 16:47
Besides, you have speant home much getting your licence? What another few thousand.
well, well...I know now who sponsored you licences..and I understand now some attitude.
If you had to pay yourself thoudsands of dollars to get your licences, with lot of sweat...now 3000dollars would be a hell!! to spend. And to do this:
I went to Aussie, Indonesia and all the Pacific Islands before I managed to get hired
u need more than a thounsand. That´s why my bullets have to be carefully misured, before just rising myself from my underdebt chair.

anyhow, congrats for being able to get hired, and do all that effort!!:ok:

Csanad007
27th Mar 2010, 17:07
aphelio: come on man READ!!! and INTERPRET! there were at least 10 low timers hired this year here. And sure all were sponsored... But no worries stay home and hope that a 747 lands near you with the captain jumping out looking just for you... gotto be kidding, but well good luck man

aphelio
27th Mar 2010, 18:35
csanada, I read and I interpreted...that this hiring season is ended, and that a bunch of daddy´s-pilots (as your 747 captain u mentionated:hmm:) travelled there on holidays and knock some doors.

so forgive me for not being a kamikaze.

and just appreciated lilflyboy accurate information, besides yours just acusing of waiting...again, forigive me :(:}

I´m just trying to smell some clumpsy warranties here

ps, by the way, who told u I´m seated at home?? amazing, guys....:ugh:

Csanad007
27th Mar 2010, 18:46
sorry man, never mind, my suga' momma is calling me

Der absolute Hammer
27th Mar 2010, 19:55
Man, when I was doing the starting of the learning to fly, I put my sister out on the game in Munich for two years to buy me the cost of my JAR/ATP and then FAA/ATP. It was well worth it because she met and married an American from the Consulate in Munich and now she lives in a good house in Washington DC. Have to say that he thought he was saving her from immortal souls destruction.
So she is happy. I am happy and my father and mother are dead and so it does not matter what happened to my sister and her virginity. No one cares how my licence was purchased, no one has an attitude problem and I got to meet a very large number of my sisters' work friends which was a hell of a lot of fun.

slatanmhor
27th Mar 2010, 21:22
I like it Der Absolut Hammer....!!!:ok:. Thats what I call a "made for movie" story. Well done and well done to your sister!!! I may have met her during my time in Munich...!!!

At this stage in my flying career, I have no choice but to become a man whore for a few months in order to fund a new rating so I may get a new flying job.....!I have no choice as I have been out of work for a year now since my last airline closed last year. So far, I have been unfortunate enough to be associated with 4 airline closures !! Nasty! Too much for one pilot to take.
So, Amsterdam and Berlin, here I cum..!!! This boy`s body is for sale!!! Hammer man....., I am with you (and your sister):)

lilflyboy262
28th Mar 2010, 07:03
Oh I must have been dreaming during my last 7 years in the workforce. Thats not including the 4 years before that working on dads farm. But hey, everyone wants to live a good life too.
Yes, the first 20,000euros was a government LOAN, the next 30,000euros was out of my back pocket.

Those we just the few places that I tried. You can also try the Middle East (not entirely sure about that place, but I'm sure if you did research, you can find out) or the Carribean. All much closer to you than South East Asia or Oceania

P.S. guys try to keep it clean, a lot of good info hre, don't want the thread shut down.

Der absolute Hammer
28th Mar 2010, 07:33
Truthful and clean? That is what you call a tall order.
However, the point of the post was to illustrate that it is absolutely-and I use the word deliberately-no one's business as to how one acquired the boodle to undertake one's own training. To carp on about how someone else organised their personal funding is to demonstrate a chip on the shoulder. It is an illustration of a green eyed monstrosity of a character trait which does not belong in the cockpit and is more commonly found in the more virulent trades unionists portfolio of repulsive little personal prejudices. Envy is not a pretty charateristic and does not fit well into a small work place which, even if you are a DC10 pilot, the cockpit is.

aphelio
28th Mar 2010, 19:49
anyway, thanks lilflyboy to share your experience with us, so helpful, to get an idea. (not sarcastic, ok!!)

hope u get a job soon...and csanada too!:ok: and all the guys at the Maun terminal!! (using its wifi connection:)!!lol). good luck, stay put!!!

MARCOVOLA
30th Mar 2010, 17:50
Hi

I am interested to any job in Africa or elsewhere.

TT 204

Total Flying --- 205 hrs Twin: 35 hrs (Seneca) – Singles: 170 hrs (PA 28 & DR 400)
Total Sim. --- 92 hrs 20 hrs MCC & 32 hrs JOC on Boeing 737-400 and 40 hrs twin (Seneca)

email: [email protected]

Pedantic
31st Mar 2010, 20:08
Hi Guys, been perving the site for quite some time, finally got so far to register.

Are there any decent AME jobs out there? South African licenced A&C, Falcon 50; HS-125 series; Beech 100 200 & 300 series; Let 410 UVO-E20; Let 420 series, TFE731 series; TPE331 series; PT6A series; Viper 522, Walter M601 series, Quality, Safety, Crash Investigation, Management.....

South African Citizen so USA & Europe is out except if there is a sponsor willing to help with visa.

Please please!

samir25shah
1st Apr 2010, 05:40
I am an Indian citizen and did my CPL training from USA.

PILOT LICENSE DETAILS:

·COMMERCIAL PILOT:
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND WITH INSTRUMENT RATING (FAA & DGCA)
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND (DGCA CPL)

Ø250.2 hrs. Total Time (C-152, C-172, BE-76)
Ø131.6 hrs. Pilot-in-command
Ø27.7 hrs. Multi-engine-airplane (BE-76)
Ø54.4hrs. Instrument Flight Time

Ready to work anywhere to build time. Any help would be appreciated.

4runner
2nd Apr 2010, 10:36
In response to Dere Hammers' post...Yes, this is a profession. Yes, paying for a type is flying for free. However, this is only a profession so long as we remain professional. From what I've read from some individuals such as yourself, you are not a professional. Do us a favor and consider your stint in aviation as an expensive hobby and leave the real flying to real pilots who maintain standards of decorum and professionalism both inside and outside the cockpit.
Oh, and let's all do ourselves a favor. If you have a commercial pilot certificate, you get paid to fly. You don't pay TO fly. A self-funded type rating is a shortcut that screws other pilots out of work to save the company a few bucks on their training costs. If you buy an airplane and start an airline, you need to pay to train pilots. Simple as that. I have 3 types and have never paid for any of them. The airplane I fly costs as much to fuel as my type rating. The company can afford it and needs to consider training as part of doing business...Nuff said.

cessnagirl
4th Apr 2010, 22:37
Looking for a flying job
Qualifications:
JAA FATPL (CAA CPL ME IR)
MCC includes 20hrs B737-200
also have 12hrs A320 sim
FAA PPL IR
Instrument time 150hrs
Solo time 125hrs
Multi engine 37hrs
Total time: 445hrs
First time pass in all flight tests.

Aircraft flown:
PA38, C182, Jodell112 (tail dragger), C150, PA28, PA28R, C172SP,BE76,PA34

Aviation Experience:
Ground handling and several years experience in flight operations as a dispatcher/flight planning officer long and short haul/slot coordinator.

Other education:
Degree, first aid, also speak 5 languages, martial arts.

Also:
Good flying ability and a sense of humour come as standard. I also make a great cup of coffee.
I am open to offers and available imediately. Permanent/emporary or part time work as flight crew considered as I am flexible.

Feel free to pm me, I would be delighted to hear from any operator.

Thanks and regards, Cessnagirl

Der absolute Hammer
5th Apr 2010, 14:56
4runner. Hail to you.
So what have we here? A case of the inverted green eyed monster? Not much decorous about that quite rude post of yours and certainly very uncharitable and dismissive to all those who have not had quite your great good fortune.
Some out there become flight instructors and slog away, sometimes training the untrainable, until that first twin job comes along. After that, the long hard dirty turbo prop winters until something better, jet and all. That is what happened to the poor little Hammer. No winging off to the USA for an FAA licence, the easy route of course to international jet charter stardom if that's the route one wants. Some pilots fly F27s without auto pilots through Norwegian winters. That's just fine fun too although there can be the odd early when things seem a little hard on the ice in Bergen.
Others seem to have all the luck and end up with three type ratings, all paid for by someone else, and fly jet aircraft with an ecological footprint so hooorrendous that it takes a type rating in dollars to tank it. A similar process of the logic as demonstrated in the earlier post would argue that three type ratings on the licence of one man could be said to screw several other pilots out of a job on the other two types.
Some other wannabees, who have not eneded up with their bottoms in the brandy butter, think of commiting their hard earned moolah on buying a type rating. Then they hope to get a job using that type rating as an entry chip to the table. Usually I think that they fail in this gambling endeavour. That is hardly flying for free although it might be shoving more money down the casino way. Whether such an expense is an extension of basic training in the commercial airline business of today and so permissible without the transforming of the pilot into a hobbyist is perhaps a different argument. But to call those less fortunate than oneself in this respect, non professional expensive hobbyists, manifests an arrogance which some might find disturbing in the cockpit. Think I would prefer the self achiever who has sweated his mortgage for his position as an F/O than one into whose lap everything has miraculously fallen. Such a stupid Anglo Saxon phrase, 'nuff said', but perhaps in this case.......?

swaziboy
5th Apr 2010, 23:47
haahahahaha
here we go
u guys crack me up

Der absolute Hammer
6th Apr 2010, 04:36
Not as much as the thought of you flying around the bush in flip flops.
But perhaps we had better get back to jobs in Africa, so I am available and with impeccable credentials, part time contract preferred but would not accept job putting plastic aircraft in to cornflake packets.

swaziboy
6th Apr 2010, 10:29
and you wear shoes?

Spadhampton
6th Apr 2010, 13:36
After reading 4 and Hammer I feel so GUILTY!

I think I'll hire another pilot. I better hire another pilot!

TXaviator
6th Apr 2010, 23:37
ok so once again back to the topic... im going to be out of a job as of 15 May...contract is up.

coming to africa in May... bad time to show up? worth trying at all?

now im sitting around 1200TT and 1000PIC....in single pistons... :ugh:

4runner
8th Apr 2010, 13:26
LOL! The ecological footprint of my jet? Soooo, you're not flying a shiny jet because of the ecological ramifications? Hahaha, you're what we in all fields from all english speaking countries as "full of it". So, here's a pilot that won't fly a jet due to his moral objections. Right, look at this guys' previous posts. He opposes airline crew who are seated in business class because he is a "large" shareholder in many airlines. No pilot would object to his fellow brethren sitting in business class. Unless of course they are a) management, b) militantly upper crust douche bag, c) a recreational pilot, or d) totally full of you know what. So if you're morally opposed to jet traffic, why are you invested in said ventures that operate these greenhouse gas emitters? Something doesn't add up here Dere Hammer.
I know something that does add up though. The average SUV in Africa probably gets 15 mpg. So let's say we go from Nairobi to Entebbe, a distance of approximately 400 nm or 460 sm. Now, no road in Africa is particularly straight so the actual driving distance is about 600 sm(at least) and at 15 mpg, this would equal at least 40 gallons of fuel(from experience). Now, instead of taking your own black smoke blowing, non emission controlled diesel, we take a smog belching jet. This jet will carry 75 passengers and make this journey in about an hour as opposed to my Land Cruisers' 16. The jet will burn just over 3000 gallons for the journey(also from experience), which equals a net fuel burn of 40 gallons per person for this journey. So your point regarding the jets' ecological footprint as greater than the other means of transportation is a moot point. More to the point, I think that perhaps you're a little jealous and what hip hop culture refers to as a "hater".
As for my level of experience and things just "falling" into my lap, I think you're a little off base. Nothing has fallen into my lap, this was kind of the point of my previous posts. Some people expect things to fall into their laps or to speed up the process and not pay their dues. I paid for a majority of my flight training from working in Alaska doing a job that is now a reality show on the Discovery Channel(Stella Maris, Seward, AK). I gained my first 800 hours of paid flight experience from instructing. I earned a good reputation at my local(international) airport and was hired into the right seat of a King Air. Once I had sufficient experience I got hired at an airline that PAID me for my training. Since I began flying, I have been laid off, out of work, bush flying, broke, paid, happy, sad, have ferried aircraft, walked the ramps at airports to look for work, almost killed by improperly trained captains and my flight students, had numerous inflight emergencies and just about everything else in between. Nothing has fallen into my lap. I worked for everything I have. I got my current job by cashing out my retirement plan and coming to Africa with a stack of resumes. I will not work for free and I won't pay a company for a job. This philosophy has worked well for me and I encourage others to do the same.
This IS a profession, we need to conduct ourselves accordingly. If you guys are looking for work, don't expect it to fall into your lap, especially now. You need to pay your dues, especially in tough times like this. Do you have a CFI? Many of my former Indian students complained about the lack of Flight Instructors in India. Get your CFI and work! Get on a plane and come to Africa, hand out your resume and bring a tent to camp in until you find something. Go to your local airport every week and hound guys for work and make yourself known. This is how my Indian copilots in Delhi got their jobs on the B200. They were persistent. Don't sit on your ass complaining and don't listen to guys like Dere Hammer. This is a profession. It's up to us to keep it that way. Oh, and Dere Hammer, if you've got something to say outside of the confines of this forum, you can tell me on UG655 south of Lusaka on the afternoon of the 12th. If you miss me there because you're too busy attending a board meeting for one of your many investments you can find me at Emperors' Palace in J'burg at the blackjack table with a Johnny Walker in my hand. Paid for by my airline and hard work...

Der absolute Hammer
8th Apr 2010, 15:41
Congratulations on all your achievements.
Further comments on this thread would be inappropriate and possibly lead to moderated shutdown.

lilflyboy262
9th Apr 2010, 14:56
I think perhaps 4runner, you should read before you post.
As said before, please, get back to the thread in hand, or can moderators please remove these useless posts.

9th Apr 2010, 19:59
2000 Total Time
1000 PIC
1000 Turbine (PT6 / Cessna Caravan)
300 Multi

Canadian/ICAO CPL, IFR, Multi, night.

Diploma in Aviation Technology (2yr), Moncton Flight College, New-Brunswick

Available immediately
Experience in Gabon, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Including low level survey.

Many thanks, and please contact me for any information.

Contract Dog
11th Apr 2010, 23:16
NRB to EBB in an SUV = 40 gal at your calculation

NRB to EBB in I am guessing a CRJ or ERJ with 75 pax = 40 gal

Now as the E/C RJ is not opperating at full pax we can take it to be 60 gal/pax

BUT, if you had some mates with you in the cruiser, lets say 3 mates, thats 4 in total, that = 10 gal PP for the same trip?????

personally I would rather take the cruiser than the Nairobi mafia. May be wrong, usually am

Dog

victor papa
13th Apr 2010, 10:13
Hello Jetdriver

Please forward your contact details to [email protected]

I am on the jobhunt and would appreciate your input.

Thank you

4runner
13th Apr 2010, 21:17
Yeah, I also prefer my Cruiser, more reliable too and I get to pick the tunes instead of listening to poor radio etiquette and long winded transmissions. Sorry for hijacking the post guys but if someone insults my chosen profession and me personally I normally respond accordingly. Especially if said poster is full of it and himself...
So back to the point of this post. There's a lot of guys/girls looking for work on the continent. Are there any expats who have any advice? I just came here with resumes and a tent and networked. A certain operator in Nairobi is always looking for CRJ captains. Do any of the Indian guys here have relatives in Kenya that can help them get a work permit? Anything can be had for a price in Africa. A little backsheesh could help grease the wheels of work permit buearocracy I'm sure. I've seen a lot of GA aircraft in Lusaka, anyone know the deal? I hear a lot of foreign voices operating the Caravans in Dar...What's the dealio there? Anyone? Also, anyone in Delhi might wanna check with a certain charter operator that has B200's and Hawkers with bases in Mumbai and Chennai. They needed FO's last year, not sure about now.

Pedantic
13th Apr 2010, 22:59
Some old posts about this, but they are still advertising.

DO NOT send applications, details or money for any jobs advertised by Pentro Drilling - its a scam!

ppragman
15th Apr 2010, 19:31
I'm getting cabin fever and really need a change in my life. I'm strongly considering heading to africa this fall if I can't figure out something better here. Tell me, what do I need to do to get on anywhere in Africa. Where do I need to go.
FAA Commercial Single and Multi
I've got about 3000TT
About 2950 Alaska Time
Over 2000PIC
I've got about 1000hrs in the 207, and I'm closing in on 1000hrs in the PA32, where do I go from here?

I need a change in direction at this point I think. Something new would be good

TXaviator
16th Apr 2010, 02:57
i see you!!

diegrootwitbeen
16th Apr 2010, 12:19
Zambia, Namibia, Botswana

Eoni
1st May 2010, 14:06
Hello, I'm a low experienced pilot (Frozen ATPL, SE+ME+IR [close to 350 hours TT]) and I'll like to know from anyone who had been working in Africa (or working nowadays) the best countries to try finding a job. I'll appreciate very much any kind of help because the situation in my country it's awful and
people doesn't think it's going to be improved in some years... I love to fly but I can't find a job here right now and I've been looking for it some time (I can't just survive with a summer job the whole year).

Thanks a lot in advance and happy landings for all,

Eoni.

Rico 25
1st May 2010, 17:23
Usually the best places for low time pilots looking to fly in Africa are Windhoek and Swakopmund -Namibia, Maun-Botswana and Arusha-Tanzania. These jobs have regular hiring seasons and you may need to save up a bit until the job vacancies are open again. You can contact any operators/companies initially by telephone or e-mail but to get a job you will actually have to go out to these countries and meet the Chief Pilot face-to-face and hang around possibly up to 3 or even 6 months to possibly get employment. Most flying jobs are on the Cessna 206 or Cessna 210 and move onto a Cessna 208 Caravan. Living and flying in Africa is a tough but interesting experience and if you make it you will look back on it as something unique in your lifetime. The places mentioned above have blogs on pprune-just look around. Also have a look at African Bush Pilot Blog.

Best of luck

Rico

Eoni
1st May 2010, 18:27
Thanks a lot for your time and opinion. I just want to know the best places because I'm going to look for further information regarding those countries in their embassies. I already knew about the hiring process you're telling me, but I've made my decision to leave my country and try finding a job wherever it's needed. I'll check the forums to look for more information and again thank you so much.

Regards,

Eoni.

matteolo
3rd May 2010, 09:02
I'm searching work as helicopter pilot or copilot.

CPL (H) JAA
PPL (A) JAA

-300 Hours Total Time
-220 Hours Total Time Helicopter
- 80 Hours Total Time Airplane

- R22 / R44 / AS350 series

-ICAO English level 5 (T.E.A.)

-Diploma in "Aeronautical Expert - Transport and Aviation
-Languages Italian and English
-Good general mechanical knowledge
-Willingness to move everywhere permanently.

For a detailed CV, you can contact me on [email protected] or with a private message.

Thanks to all :ok:

boer69
4th May 2010, 09:24
Good day

Im from South Africa with 500 hours M/E IF CPL with a frozen ATPL. Im rated on C150/152/172/206/210, PA28-180, B55. Willing to do any rating for co-pilot. PM me your email address if you want a CV. If anyone knows of a position, please let me know.

Thanks

Just a job
4th May 2010, 17:35
:confused: Is South Africa doing the 'frozen ATP' thing now? How many subjects do you write-15?(8 comm. and 7 ATP). Just interested.....

Jim-J
5th May 2010, 12:23
A PPL may now skip the CPL exam process and write 9 ATPL subjects instead, granting him an fATPL and Commercial licence when he/she has passed the Com flight test.

HPerformance, Met, Nav x2, Instruments, Radios, Ops, Air Law, Flt Planning as far as I know.

Not the best idea - skipping the fundamental and important CPL subjects and info.

Back to jobs: seems like a swear word lately.... :uhoh:

CaptRay
8th May 2010, 11:06
TT 3700 hours
PIC 1700
MULTI TURBINE 3300
FLOAT 3000 HOURS

Rated on DHC-6, DO228

ATPL - ICAO/FAA

English Proficiency - TOP

Willing to Move anywhere.
Available ASAP
More info or resume mail me i ll forward.

thank you

ppragman
9th May 2010, 09:12
@Captray you wouldn't happen to be an ex wings of alaska pilot would you?

CaptRay
9th May 2010, 15:20
Nops PPRAGMAN

738_driver
11th May 2010, 20:30
Howzit guys,

I suppose I'm just another guy looking for work these days... remaining positive though! :)

Credentials are JAA fATPL ME IR & SA CPL ME IR.
550 TT
410 PIC
500 SEP
50 MEP

Most of my experience is on a C206 (230 Hours). Wouldn't mind a 2 month on 1 month off scenario. Willing and able to relocate. Available immediately. Any ideas?

Cheers,
738_driver

betweentheclouds
19th May 2010, 06:56
Hi folks, need your advice.
My contract ends in september. Flew till now more than 1000h. Most of it are on C210 in Namibia. Where are the best places to go for something new?

alphaadrian
8th Jun 2010, 19:42
Hi Guys and Girls

I have always wanted to fly in Africa..bush, safari flying, medivac, charter, sight-seeing. Having been recently made redundant I am thinking that now may be the ideal opportunity to make the leap! I have done some research and sent off a few CVs but I was wondering whether any guys who are already there might be able to point me in the right direction. After all, you get to hear of any vacancies first and im guessing that they dont get advertised! I have a JAR ATPL and 2400hours of which 1200 are multi engine piston and 800 ME turbine. Im also a ME/IR instructor. So im not a newbie and im not looking for hours! Please PM me if you know of anyone looking for someone of my experience or indeed any advice or tips would be welcome. I am available immediately and will fly anything with wings!

Appreciate it guys
Alpha:ok:

Arabian Mustang
9th Jun 2010, 05:33
With that kind of experience I strongly recommend you look into tanzania and kenya. I heard in kenya they are desperate for experienced pilots. They pay a decent salary as well.:)

flyzantan
13th Jun 2010, 16:09
Where and on what types of aircraft? With which nationality?

atpcliff
13th Jun 2010, 18:35
Hi!

The jobs I know of in NBO are 737 (Kenya Airways...sounds like will be hiring foreigners soon), MD-8X, DC-9, Dash 8, F-27, Caravan, and piston twins. Wilson Airport in Nairobi is the place for most of the smaller aircraft operators. The larger ones are at Jomo Kenyatta. Besides KA there is Africa Express, East African Safari Air Express at Jomo.

cliff
LFW

spkkell
14th Jun 2010, 11:11
I will be travelling out to Tanzania this week. Are there any other low hour guys looking for work and can any one advise me on the best places to try find work.
Im 260TT FAA CPL and IR.....

flyzantan
14th Jun 2010, 14:39
Thanks for the info. Was told KCAA very reluctant to issue letter of no objection for non Kenyan pilots, even experienced and despite no results locally after prior compulsory press advertisement for a specific job. Any suggestion about that? Thanks and all the best.

Pedantic
14th Jun 2010, 19:23
Hi Guys and Girls

Im a South African Licensed AME, Cat A & C (Airframes & Engines) and have the following ratings:

Mystere Falcon 50
Beech 90 100 200 series
Hawker Siddely HS-125 Series
LET L410 UVP-E20
LET 420 Series
Garrett TFE731 Series
Garrett TPE331 Series
P&W PT6A Series
RR Viper 522
Walter M601 Series

Over and above my skills and ratings as an engineer I am also a qualified Flight Safety Officer, Air Crash Investigator and Aviation Auditor.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, been jobhunting for 6 months, over 600 apps sent out and getting real desperate.

Thanks

pyote
15th Jun 2010, 12:48
I think there are some jobs pulling beers at the local

soakingpilot
15th Jun 2010, 13:01
In trying to be be productive I would like to know the answer to this question as well.. How does Tanzania look for low time pilots @ the moment if anyone knows?

atpcliff
15th Jun 2010, 22:07
Hi!

I think THE best airport for low-timers is Arusha (not sure). Dar has the most stuff...check Coastal Aviation in Dar. They have a LOT of Caravans, and will start you in the -172 if they need to.

cliff
LFW

atpcliff
16th Jun 2010, 14:14
Hi!

If company wants a foreign pilot to work for them, they will. I have known individuals to do it on their own, but it IS more difficult!

cliff
LFW

Vialengai
17th Jun 2010, 18:34
I would not try Arusha...its all Caravans and they will not take low timers at all. You need at least 1000 hrs to think of Arusha at the moment. Dar is your better bet, but even that is hard today. Good Luck

captmycka
18th Jun 2010, 13:24
dear all,

im new at pprune, im beninese (from rep of benin) just near nigeria, i know lagos abuja, kano, i speak little yoruba, haoussa, actually im a first officer on b737-200,
TT 5800
JET 2500
and im going to aeroservice to do my boeing 737NG, im holding an FAA/ATPL, and very soon i will strart with the TR on NG,
please im looking to get someone contact in nigeria for getting a job as F/O on B737ng or efis,
can you please help me
please PM if possible

God Bless :)

captmycka
18th Jun 2010, 13:56
Licences

ICAO ATPL
FAA ATPL

Ratings
B737, BE 190, LET 410,

Flight time 5800 total
Fixed Wing MULTI ENGINE 4000+
PIC 1500

Flight experience
Airway/Offshore/Bush/Air amb/Sling/Mountain/Night/WAR Zone (DRC/CHAD...)

Languages
English (fluent) French (fluent) Arabic (fluent) Spanish (basic)
West African languages (fluent)

Available now.
Please pm for more info

C-210F
18th Jun 2010, 14:36
Hi All.

I am also just looking for a job.Jobs are very limited at the moment.I have 530 hours and i am willing to pay for the first rating to get a job.Most of my hours is on the C210.If any one can help i will appreciate it.You can pm me fo more details.Willing to relocate aswell.

Thanks
C-210F

N1 Limit
18th Jun 2010, 15:06
Salut va chez Arik Air en personne avec ta qualif en poche avec ton expérience je doute fort qu'ils ne te prennent pas.Mais va en personne au nigéria ils prefèrent t'avoir en face que de t'avoir au phone ou sur email

flyzantan
18th Jun 2010, 18:06
OK Cliff, tks for the info.. The work permit/letter of no objection obstacle "story" seem to be a convenient way to decline then...? Bye now

captmycka
18th Jun 2010, 18:39
encore merci N1 LIMIT,

many thanks all for advises

BLUEJuice
18th Jun 2010, 19:05
Head over to VNA...
Virgin Nigeria - VNA Careers (http://www.virginnigeria.com/en/ng/careers.html)

no NG's that I know of

seper
19th Jun 2010, 06:52
There are a few pilots from Benin working in Nigeria,in ARIK/AERO/VNA/CAVERTON why not get their contacts and they can help.Check your PM

captmycka
19th Jun 2010, 10:06
many many thanks i will call the airlines and ask about the pilots and chief pilot so maybe they will help, you know Benin and Nigeria is the same culture!!!

i will be back to give you more infos after i called them

God Bless

N1 Limit
19th Jun 2010, 10:15
If you're looking on NG ARIK is definitely your best bet,you can also look at next door TOGO with ASKY.Benin is much more closer custom,tradition wise with TOGO you can try ASKY too

soakingpilot
21st Jun 2010, 17:50
So since there are 2 conflicting comments here can we assume that Tanzania really might not be the best place for a low timer to go < 1000 hrs. My travel plans for december is to be in Namibia and then Botswana and I will leave out Tanzania assuming that its not really worth the expense or time wasted not being somewhere else.

Just another canuck
22nd Jun 2010, 13:54
Coastal is the largest of operators in Dar for hiring low-timers, but from what I've been told, they are "over-staffed" at the moment. There are other companies in Dar that may or may not hire you, but you need to convert first, which means writing exams and hanging around for the job to pop up... this is how most "low-timers" get hired here.

Like most places, it's about being in the right place at the right time.

I believe Botswana is the same, but can not say for sure. I do keep hearing the words "slow season" uttered, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything IMO.

Good luck.

mATT84DC
29th Jun 2010, 17:35
Hallo,my name is Matt and like many other pilots I m looking for a job in Africa,obviously I don t have particular preference about place, most of you know well the dark continent and maybe could pass me some useful info. So I request your help. I Sept. I will go down there to haunt a job on the field, but before to spend all my free time I d like to have as many info as I can in order to spend my time and money at the best.
this is my (still low) experience:
JAA ATPL frozen, IR MEP, type on LET410, 450 tt..
a position as FO on the Let would be the best, so if you can indicate to me some Let operators I d appreciate it.
However I d also love any job on light single..as you can understand the most important thing is to fly.
I hope some of you can halp me.
Thanks a lot.

Matt

booze
30th Jun 2010, 09:36
Hi Matt,
Try Air-Tec Africa. They operate L410/420s on UN, ICRC and oil contracts. PM me for the details.
Cheers,
booze

Shreddyfender
4th Jul 2010, 20:02
Hello all,

I am quite new to the aviation world. Recently aquired commercial licence and am extremely motivated to begin my career out of South Africa/Africa (anywhere).

I am simply looking for anyone out there who can point me in the right direction. Any aspect of aviation in the continent would be my aspiration. Any type of bottom position where one could start.

Thanks to any who respond.

Rico 25
4th Jul 2010, 22:46
The usual places to look for work in Africa are Maun in Botswana, Windhoek & Swakopmund in Namibia and Tanzania. Times are tough for jobs at present but there are still opportunities. You will need to check for hiring season. There are blogs around here on all of the above so have a read and good luck-we all have to start somewhere.:)

Rico

cavortingcheetah
5th Jul 2010, 05:43
Hello Shreddyfender,

That reminds me of the Plymouth Fury in 'Christine'. A fabulous car and a cracking movie. I deduce, correctly or not, that your licence is a Canadian one? On this website there is lots of information about the conversion of foreign licences to African ones and also the rather more considerable difficulty in obtaining work or residents' permits for various places. Much of this information concerns South Africa, Botswana and Namibia. These are the countrys where I would say the flying is fun without being somewhat, and only from time to time, risky.

Csanad007
5th Jul 2010, 11:43
It is only a question of want or not want.
Search for the Maun (actually there are two, both packed with inf) and for the Namibian thread. And then buy a ticket, pack your stuff and show up. Then it is everything up to you.
This year it seems that almost everyone who was sticking out there in Maun for long enough got a job.

edgit
9th Jul 2010, 05:54
Does anyone have any ideas where I might find a direct entry command on something over 25t in Africa , my airline keeps bypassing us with more and more direct entry captains .

I have 7000 hrs total with 5000 as copilot on 4 eng heavy jets and the other 2000 on g/a small piston stuff , so no command time to speak of .
JAR lic , current 744.

atpcliff
9th Jul 2010, 11:50
Hi!

There are a TON of 747 jobs in the ME and Asia.

In Africa, from what I know, you need to be trained in the aircraft and/or have the correct license. There are DEC jobs for DC-9s and MD-80s, as well as MD-11s, CRJs, ERJs, turpoprops.

With your situation, I think you would have to have the training and the Group I type rating for the specific aircraft....some of the companies would work with you to get you the correct license.

cliff
LFW

B737africa
10th Jul 2010, 15:50
I am rated on B737 (300/900) TRI/TRE also type on several turboprop,7000 hours over 6000 PIC,Africa experience,
Available for Africa contract
Contact via PM please

N1 Limit
11th Jul 2010, 02:51
@ 737 africa with your level of experience Air Nigeria(ex Virgin Nigeria)woulb be your best bet at the moment.They've got more 733 coming up 1 got there yesterday that makes it 6 in total and 5 more are expected from now till september and they're presently hiring.

B737africa
11th Jul 2010, 07:25
Thanks N1 for the info

Choppertim
11th Jul 2010, 16:12
FAA CPLH with IR

2600 TT
2400 PIC
1300 Offshore
250 S-76

Current 135.297
Current U.S. Passport

Available for Touring Positions immediately

Feel free to pm

Thank you

Charliesjc
13th Jul 2010, 14:37
Greetings again,

TT: 1150
PIC: 1000
Twin: 930
IF: 87

CPL w/ all ATP subjects.
BE58, PA31, PN68, PA34, C206

Based in Joburg.

Cheers.

flyhigh85
20th Jul 2010, 13:38
I have a JAA licence and a litle more than 200 hrs on 737 (300-800).
Anyone knwo which cargo/ airlines in africa is looking for pilots with low hrs on type? And even more important how to get in contact with them? Please PM me.

Cheers

choumby
31st Jul 2010, 16:09
hi there,

my name is choumpy,i am looking for employment in charter industry,i have 650TT and 400 hrs in twin piston all the flying was in africa.if der is any jobs related to fly in africa,pls email me.
[email protected]

choumby:ok:

Unlucky Nelson
1st Aug 2010, 09:11
Just out of curiosity has any one had any success in acquiring employment, or for that matter, have any employers found any crew as a direct result of posting on this thread.

It is great thread and I wish everyone on this thread lots of luck.:ok:

Q4NVS
1st Aug 2010, 09:39
Believe NOT...Employers are swamped with CV's as it is!

I would suggest following more Official channels - don't believe any Employer has the time to sift through all of this.

:oh:

BarnacleBill
2nd Aug 2010, 13:48
Unlucky Nelson

The answer is yes. I posted about this a few days ago but it was removed. We've employed 2 pilots recently from this thread.

cavortingcheetah
2nd Aug 2010, 14:08
Now if I don't miss the mark and you'll excuse me bringing the matter up but one was an experienced American called Tom and the other was a fairly green Saffer called Jerry, old friends of mine of course! That's good of you though. Shows there's opportunity for the wannabies as well as all of us old prop jobs so I expect you might like to encourage further responses but then that's just speculation on my part in the spirit of innocent helpfulness.

mlindb
2nd Aug 2010, 19:08
3850 TT
900 in jets (B737NG and classics)
2400 in turboprop (1000 of them PIC)
ICAO ATPL
JAR CPL (frozen ATPL)
Bush flying experience in Africa

Feel free to Pm me,

mlindb

Vaaljapie
2nd Aug 2010, 22:02
Hi,

Just need some advice from you wise people. Where do I start looking for Helicopter jobs in Africa?

Any words of wisdom would be a great help.

BarnacleBill
3rd Aug 2010, 06:17
cavortingcheetah

No, neither of those. One US low time, one US/Aussie old bastard (same age as me!)

Gaius Westman
6th Aug 2010, 13:53
Hey -

After spending a half decade flying in Africa (mostly in sub-Saharan & East Africa - Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, Zambia, Zim, RSA, Chad, CAR), I am struggling with my readjustment to the Western world.

I am curious what sort of opportunities exist for flying in West Africa. I'm seriously contemplating a trip there next month, starting in Dakar, and hitting all the countries on a SE arc through the Guineas, and assorted countries to about Benin to find something.

I have experience on everything from bush equipment to airliners (two types including 737). In a strange way I miss Africa and I'd be happy flying a King Air, Van or 206 as I would be anything else. Also, I have worked for both Western and local operators in third world countries. I'm not having too much luck with my contract community connections, so I'm curious if there are any "quality?" local operators to hit up. Also, I know a huge chunk of getting these African jobs is being there, hence me literally pounding the pavement to find something. I guess those who've worked in Africa and then the West can understand.

Thanks for any leads or insights. PMs welcome!

GW

B737africa
6th Aug 2010, 17:10
well we are in two I do have same problem

TonyWilliams
6th Aug 2010, 17:46
You're stopping just short of Nigeria on your employment tour?

Jumbo744
6th Aug 2010, 18:01
Protocole Aviation in Congo was looking for a King Air 100 Captain, their website is: www.protocole-aviation.com/

crabinow16
7th Aug 2010, 06:00
Hi all-

I have been looking into a few companies in tanzania for job ops. Problem is I don't think there are career categories on their websites that is except for precision. Just looking for a baseline on requirements.

gwelo shamwari
7th Aug 2010, 19:47
IFR S-76, VFR 206/407
FAA ATP(H)

3650 TT
3200 PIC
2000+ Offshore
700 S-76

Current 135.297
Current British Passport
Current Italian Passport

No Accidents/Violations

Feel free to pm

Thank you

AC GreaseMonkey
9th Aug 2010, 17:34
I have heard that Coastal Aviation in Tanzania is looking for Engineers. Does anyone have any info on their maintenance? How do they pay and what are they like to work for? Does anyone have contact details for me? I am keen to do a bit of work up in Africa but I'm not so keen on Contract work. Any help and advice would be appreciated. :ok:

Vortex Thing
10th Aug 2010, 03:00
Come and join Arik. We need a laugh :)

AF022
10th Aug 2010, 13:36
ASKY is flying new jets - maybe they have an opening? And Togo is a nice place in West Africa.

Orvil
13th Aug 2010, 16:31
TT 652.5
PIC 112
PICUS/PUT 540
JAA (UK) CPL/ME/IR
ATPL (Average 94%)

TR :LET410 UVP
Own teeth
Please PM me, I am available from October only solvent operators will be considered ! Currently working in W Africa.

Thanks

mATT84DC
29th Aug 2010, 07:53
Italian nationality
age 26
JAA ATPL frozen
TT: 400 hours
Pic: 200
type rating : PA46 , Let410
Languages: Italian , English, French (basic)

No Accidents/Violations

Feel free to pm

Thank you

mauntown08
30th Aug 2010, 13:46
Hi, I'm currently working in Southern Africa, but my contract is due to expire next month and I'm basiclly loking for suggestions as to where might be best for me to look to find something new.

I have 1700 hours TT, and 210 hours twin - mainly BN2A time

Any suggestions and contact info would be be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

ka26
31st Aug 2010, 11:29
Looking for a Helicopter Job

JAA CPL(H) R22 R44

JAA PPL(H) SEP C172

280 TT 120 PIC 10 IFR 10 NIGHT

ICAO ENGLISH LEVEL 4

High School Diploma(Italy). Final Mark:100

Speaking: English Italian Russian Moldavian

Available immediately!

Thank you.

Nick

[email protected]

Poelle
31st Aug 2010, 12:50
Hey

Looking for a job in africa (like most people in this thread);)

JAA CPL, MEIR, fATPL
FAA PPL, SEIR

450 TT
310 PIC

Mostly on SEP A/C C172, PA28RT, DA40 but do have hours on PA44..

English proficiency level 6
ATPL average 96%

Available now:ok:

JCLL
3rd Sep 2010, 06:34
Hi everyone!...I´m a young spanish JAA CPL with 350TT looking for his first opportunity so I´m thinking in go to Maun and look for my first job as a bush pilot.
I read a lot in the forums but I want to know how is going on now the things down there before buying my ticket. Could I have some chances of success with my little experience?...thanx! I hope to meet yo soon there!
Thanx for the info!

N34X
3rd Sep 2010, 18:14
Hoping to get a reply mail/private message on this, I'm posting a part of my CV too, since I want to start my career in Africa too... :cool: :

Training completed:
CPL(a) ME IR rated pilot
had some military experience in the Belgian Airforce on the SF-260 'Marchetti'
Aerobatic rating and formation flying experience

500TT on airplanes, +250PIC on types:
Marchetti (military), C150, C172, PA28, Robin Ecoflyer, Robin 2160i, Diamond Star & Twin Star
(+some hours on gliders as a Belgian Air Cadet when I was 16)

Current training:
PPL(h)

Languages:
Dutch (main), French & English (very good)

Current job:
Second flying crew member for medical helicopter emergency flights "HEMS CM"

Hobby's and interests:
Flying, aviation, webdesign, movies, skydiving, ...

Feel free to PM

Probably going to 'hunt' in Africa before next season, not decided yet where...

namibia101
3rd Sep 2010, 20:14
Hi guys

I'm sure you guys have read many messages like this one, but i'm really desperate.I'm only 20, single, no other obligations, just flying. Thats how I like it! I'm sure i could be a great asset to any company, I'm young enthusiastic. I dont have the worlds experience, but i'm prepared to learn and suck up all the experience i can get.
215hours TT
Rated on C150 C172 C210T PA28 M20

Please guys.. anything will be greatly appreciated.
PM me if you might know anything.

Thanks

Niceguysa45
4th Sep 2010, 12:42
there seems to be alot of posts on here about looking for work but no replys, seems pretty grim, are there any inspiring stories out there of people picking up work lately. especially like to hear of any success stories from low timers,

lilflyboy262
4th Sep 2010, 12:47
Yes.
You have to get out there and look! Not sit back and hope!

digitalsoul
9th Sep 2010, 07:20
I have a rating on let410...315 Total Time...looking for F/O jobs on LET410...so anyone know companies operating LET410 that may hire... Thanks... will appreciate much for the response...

Do-27
9th Sep 2010, 09:06
You can try cabo verde express. They have 3 or 4 let-410 planes between the islands of cabo verde.......;)

so, start practicing your portuguess.

good luck and nice landings!!:ok:

AviatorJack
10th Sep 2010, 01:16
Hi there,

FAA ATPL, TCAA CPL
2000TT
500 Turbine
1750 PIC

Plenty of African bush experience! If anyone needs me on the C208 or anything else please feel free to contact me. I ain't doing anything else right now!

STOL
10th Sep 2010, 13:29
Air-Tec

Friend of mine worked for them in DRC & Algeria a few years back

Air-Tec Africa - Aircraft Sales, Leasing, Financial Services and Operations (http://www.air-tec.co.za)

Nicolaas900816
10th Sep 2010, 14:52
hey guys

i have posted a comment like this in the jobs thread but didnt get any replies. i recently got my CPL (multi IF) at a school in bloemfontein, south africa and i also have all my ATPL subjects.

i will take any flying job i can get and go anywhere but all the charter companies in botswana and namibia etc wants u to have, say, 400 hours TT (just an example) while i have only a bit over 200. so now i ask u guys, where does a newly qualified CPL holder get a job with only 200 hours or get those extra few hours to reach most of the charter companies' minimums?? i dont want to become an instructor yet but if things are gonna be like this for a long while then i guess i will just have to become one.

any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks!:)

Nicolaas

lilflyboy262
11th Sep 2010, 07:51
Whoever told you that about Botswana is lying. They were probably not liked by the chief pilot as was told that so they don't waste their time hanging around looking for work.
Get in your car and go for a drive to all of the companies. Meet the chief pilots and operation managers face to face. You won't get work just sending out CV's.

I don't know how many times this has been said on this forum already.

cavortingcheetah
11th Sep 2010, 08:24
With regard to not being liked by some chief pilots it could help if sentences such as 'i dont want to become an instructor yet but if things are gonna be like this for a long while then i guess i will just have to become one.' were expressed differently lest an undeserved interpretation of attitude arise.

AviatorJack
11th Sep 2010, 14:48
Yeah,

I have a friend who works for them, but they only operate LET410's true?

scarrymike
14th Sep 2010, 03:12
Hey I dont want to to pick on anybody... I have read posts where low time pilots post PIC time and TT with large differences. Its been a while since I went though training. My instructor said to log most of the time after the first ten hours at PIC so my PIC and TT are only a few hours different.

So why are there large differences in the pilots' logged time? Is this a European thing?:hmm: What accounts for this gap?

CIRCUITB
14th Sep 2010, 06:25
Im a UK CAA/EASA Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionic & Electrical) seeking work in Africa/Anywhere.
I have approvals on all B737 SERIES + B727 & B707.

AviatorJack
14th Sep 2010, 19:55
If you're referring to mine, then its due to doing BFR's, complex, ME, tail etc where I haven't being able to log PIC and plus whilst working in places in Africa, certain CAA's or employers wouldn't release until you say have a 100hrs on type, it soon builds up.

But then again, there are thousands of pilots who have never logged PIC since getting there COMM so they could be 2000TT and 180 PIC, it will always vary for everyone.......

Malagant
17th Sep 2010, 07:43
SA ATP/ FAA ATP, 7100hrs,
GIII/ GIV, Cessna C500, ATR42, B90/200/1900 C208B, DHC6.

Anybody that knows of any company @ Lanseria or a Private company or individual looking for crew please pm me.

flyflorida
18th Sep 2010, 05:50
Certificates:
FAA Commercial(ASEL& AMEL)
FAA CFI/CFII/MEI
FAA GI (Advanced & Instrument)

Flying experience:(HRS)
1530 TT
1260 PIC
968 SE
420 ME

Ratings:
PA-28,PA-28-R,PA-34-200,C-152, C-172

Looking to fly any sort of aircraft in Africa(no preferred location).
PM for any further query.

EladElap
18th Sep 2010, 07:27
Malagant, if you got a TR on the ATR you should consider contacting Solenta Aviation.

Malagant
21st Sep 2010, 05:56
Thanx, have tried them but all their positions are filled!

HiPlnsDrftr
2nd Oct 2010, 02:16
I noticed Precision Air is listing vacancies for the ATR on their webpage- due to recent fleet expansion I suppose.

I'm currently an ATR captain in the 'States (damn Yankee), and I'm wondering what they're looking for as far as hours, FAA vs JAA, and what'd be considered 'competitive.'

Any other info about them would be appreciated.

Maybe Mr. Malagant would be interested as well.

rinaldo
2nd Oct 2010, 08:47
Hi all guys, I'm out of the flying games since a lot of time now and I'm willing to come back in an acft cockpit again...I'm looking with interest to Cape Verde but depite my web research for info ain't found if the ICAO licence is still good over there or they ask for JAA...Could someone help?
Thanks a lot for your reply...
rinaldo

FlyBoy635
5th Oct 2010, 20:34
What are the chances of me getting a job in Africa Bush Flying? I'm sure there are 100's of applications, how to I get mine to standout?

I have 350 hours TT
Intrument Rated
CPL
CFI/CFII/MEI
25 hours Multi
50 hours Mountain
Skydive/Jump Pilot Experiance

I have 50 hours or so in a 210.

I'm of American nationality. Does that matter?
Does age matter? I'm only 18 (Mature for my age) , and looking to build hours to fly 121 in the U.S.

How could I convience my family it is safe? I looked into bush flying as I think it's a great way to learn how to actually fly, and I want a new Adventure in a different world.

mmrassi
10th Oct 2010, 10:22
Hi,

I need informations regarding finding job in Kenya Charter Companies.

Any Idea on how difficult it is to find a job for a Fresh CPL/IR holder.

I got my comm in SA with my frozen ATPL.

Any info is very appreciated.

L-410 driver
21st Oct 2010, 20:52
L-410 Captain ,looking for job. Available immediately. Any ifo is appreciated.

Cheers,
L-410 Driver

Csanad007
21st Oct 2010, 21:00
AirTec would be a possibility

Favour
22nd Oct 2010, 07:36
Hi,I have been following this threads for a period of time now and I was wondering,is there a way I can be able to get sponsorship to training in the piloting career?finances is my challenge and I am aware not all of you made it to be pilots by self payment.your help would be highly appreciated.I am from Kenya.

Zimbo200
26th Oct 2010, 16:21
SA CPL with ATPL Subjects
2700hrs TT
1600hrs PIC
1100hrs Twin Turbine
Rated on Be20 and J41

Just wondering if there's any work out there, keep hearing of movement but either I don't know the right people or must've done something to annoy someone?
Based in Cpt, but ready and available, any time.

carpe diem....

four engine jock
27th Oct 2010, 08:17
Gulfstream GIIB Crew needed in South Africa. Must have FAA lic with Type rating.
Please PM for more Info.

TheodoreK
27th Oct 2010, 11:18
Hello im looking for a job everywhere, i have 250hours JAA CPL(A) IR/MEP, if you know something sent me pm
Thanks alot

tr6
31st Oct 2010, 22:39
any comments would be appreciated...I have 3500 TT, 1200 Multi, 600 Turbo Prop and 300 Citation II SIC time plus a 737 type rating (0time in 737though) BUT have not flown in 2 years. Is there a chance that Arik or another 737 African airline would hire me? Thanks

C-210F
9th Nov 2010, 06:31
Hi All.

I am looking for companies operating B200 airplanes.I only have about 30 hours on the aircraft,so i am looking for a firs officer job.Any info will be appreciated.

Thankyou
C-210F

ghostship
10th Nov 2010, 20:44
haha... its about time someone said it... I have been flying for 7 years and have ATPL and currently on dash8-300 with just about 4000hrs and everybody talks about how easy it is to find new jobs!!! I am desperately trying to relocate and find any flying job and have done my best with applications but not one came back with even a note to say they received my application!!! I have ICAO license and believe my ability to be quite average. If anyone could be so kind to let me in on the secret in succesfuly applying for a new post then let me know on [email protected] and I will be in debt to you for ages to come! I have British passport and ready to move at a moments notice!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

darkroomsource
20th Nov 2010, 04:50
FAA CPL SEL IR 2nd Class Medical
300 TT, 75 IFR, 30 IMC (I live in Oregon), 10 ME (but not MEL), 100 XC
No type ratings, but time in type: C150, 152, 172, 172XP, 172RG, 182, 310, PA24, 28, 28R, M20C

English (Fluent / Native), Spanish (Fluent), French (Fairly Fluent), Italian (little), Japanese (little)

Bachelors. 25 years business experience, in Information Systems, 15 years management. This will be a career change for me.

I understand that to "get on" at one of the places in Maun, or Windhoek, one needs to hang out for a while (3 months? or more?) and keep in contact with the companies / chief pilots - that's clearly stated on several sites (company sites and blogs). I have read through dozens, if not hundreds of pages of information, including company sites, blogs, and forum messages. What I have not been able to learn is the following:

What is the best time of the year to arrive? (to reduce the total time on the ground waiting - I assume it's difficult to get a part time job in a town like Maun if one is waiting for a pilot job)
How much does it cost per day to stay in Maun? Windhoek? others?
Is the hiring season the same for all the locations? for all the companies in the same town/city?
How hard is it to get around Maun if one does not have a car, or is a car required?
Is there public transportation in Maun? Winhoek? Between the two?

I think this information would be wonderful to include in this thread if anyone is so inclined, so thank you for taking the time to respond (in advance).

-Andy

swaziboy
20th Nov 2010, 09:40
Have you looked here???

http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/433420-maun-botswana-essential-guide.html

darkroomsource
20th Nov 2010, 21:47
Oops!
Just found the "guide to maun" post.
That thread should be stickied (sp?) to the top of the thread.
It answers just about every question a person could have.

nicgod
22nd Nov 2010, 09:05
Total Time: 475
PIC Time: 375
Multi Time: 15
Valid Multi IFR? Yes until may 2012
When able to start new job: Immediately
Willing to relocate? Yes anywhere

Canadian pilot looking for a career opportunity in Africa, MENA or Asia. I speak english and french, got a valid passport and looking to move anywhere to get a job in a company I can grow with. I'll be happy to send you my C.V. on demand, please feel free to contact me via Pm or mail : [email protected] ([email protected]) TY!

lilflyboy262
22nd Nov 2010, 12:13
If someone could find a moderator on this forum and do that, it would be great :)

Jetdriver
22nd Nov 2010, 14:18
Sorry but threads on this forum live or die based on their popularity.

Obviously a thread such as "Maun" or indeed this one will naturally tend to float to the surface regularly on its own merit and based on the frequency of contribution.

One of the problems with "Stickying" a thread is that in forces a thread to the top of a forum often long past the point that it is of any use or interest. A bit like a notam that was published in 1968 and still lives today because nobody remembered to cancel it in 1969.

It often serves a better purpose when a subject is refreshed periodically and contains new and relevant information. Even in these circumstances an old thread can be linked (by anybody) to a new thread.

Even in those forums that are awash with "stickies" a casual hit count will often reveal that whole weeks can pass with absolutely nobody looking at them. In addition it still fails to stop people starting a whole new thread on the same subject, or asking a question that has already been answered in the "sticky." This is usually because people cannot be bothered to wade back through pages and pages of old contribution.

For those reasons, it is unlikely that any subject will be stickied for anything other than a short term period in this forum, and then only in extenuating circumstances.

lilflyboy262
23rd Nov 2010, 14:27
And how many years and how many threads have been written about getting a job in Maun now? Oh well. Just trying to help the 30 odd people that turn up here every year.

schouff
23rd Nov 2010, 19:19
42 yr old male

ATPA, Class 1

Current on type FA50/900 with 3900 hrs

Total time 5600
Pic 3300
woldwide experience

Looking for short or long term contract

Easy to relocate .

thanks

B737NGFO
25th Nov 2010, 10:27
Dear all,

im new in this forum, and i would like to know if Arik is recruiting at the moment, im originally from Benin (Cotonou), and my type rated on B737NG and B737-200, and other turboprop, im looking desperatly for job, ive 5900 TT, im ready to fly even if i must wait few months to get paid!
so please send me your advise, i want to go to Lagos, but i dont know how to contact and the process!

so many thanks for your advise!

Be Bless

nibbio86
26th Dec 2010, 09:37
Hello everybody,
is anybody able to tell me what sort of chances would a fairly experienced Caravan pilot (let's say 1,000+ hours on type, most of which bush flying) have to land a job in Africa on the same type of machine? I'm particularly interested in Tanzania, Zambia and Kenya, but open to any country. What sort of wages are we looking at? Thanks.

lilflyboy262
26th Dec 2010, 11:15
Have you even looked through this forum?
Caravans are everywhere through southern to central africa.

flyingswiss
26th Dec 2010, 15:27
If you have Caravan time look at jobs in South East Asia (like Bali Indonesia) better standards and pay.

VarigMD11
26th Dec 2010, 16:03
Coasta Aviation, Tropical, Zanair all operat Vans. Pay is around USD 3500 a month. Look at TCAA website to see a list of operators in Tanzania.

Wings23
30th Dec 2010, 11:12
Hi all,

Anybody in the know regarding what realistic minimums for employment with any of the south African based airlines are?

I have been applying for two years now and have never had an even slightly positive response. Total time around 2700tt with 800 multi turbine. Most of both as PIC. What am I missing?

Also an indication of what the starting salaries are would be great.

Cheers and happy new year. :)

mATT84DC
9th Jan 2011, 18:24
JAA ATPL frozen
Let410 and PA46 ratings
800 tt
400 Let410
100 mep
500 IR
ICAO 4
bush flight in Africa

AF022
11th Jan 2011, 05:03
B737NGFO:
I don't think working at ARIK is the best idea, but I'm sure ASKY is looking for pilots, both for 737NG and Q400. Togo is a very nice place.

Frelonius Maximus
18th Jan 2011, 17:17
I am an ex Saaf Rotary wing fitter seeking employment. As you will see I was involved with the Super Frelon ZS-HTN project at Heli Base a few years ago, as well as various other posts around South Africa.

I am currently awaiting certified copies of all relevant documents from the Military archives in Pretoria. The copies I had went 'missing' when I resigned from Helibase.

I have passed Rotorcraft Tech and Gen as well as Cats & Cars. These certificates are among those 'missing' documents but there are signed, stamped entries in my logbook. I am after ANYTHING you can offer, whether temp or permanent.