PDA

View Full Version : What is FMT airpark system? and preventive de-icing?

wangboeing
16th Jan 2008, 04:52
Q1
I saw this term in Stockholm airport briefing page 10-1P1 section 'parking information' published in Jeppesen airway manual. Anybody could tell me How this system is used when aircraft parking ?
The sentences are written as follow:
"No follow-me car assistance to stands R5 thru R10. Follow guiding lights instead.
New FMT airpark system in use."

Q2
also in this ariport briefing on page 10-1P4 section 'Departure De-icing". WHat is preventive de-icing?
the sentence is:
"De-iced ACFT may not taxi on TWY U between UE and UG and on TWY W between W8 and Z. Not valid for ACFT using only preventive de-icing. Preventive de-icing method is approved at al I de-icing areas and at Terminal 2 gates."

:confused:

Swedish Steve
26th Jan 2008, 12:03
1. FMT is a Swedish company that makes airport equipment, this is just a system of parking guidance that you get at all airports. It was newly introduced to the cargo stands.

2. Preventative deicing is where you spray a small amount of type 2 fluid on the fuel tanks on arrival to stop frost forming. SAS use it on their MD80s.
When departing from the newest runway at ARN 19L/01R there is a deicing pan at the holding point. Normally you deice there. (But it is only used at night at present)

wangboeing
28th Jan 2008, 07:47
thanks for your explaination in detail. for me it is not very easy to understand what the phrase mean if I never see them, NOw I could imagine it a little bit further.

thanks again.
:ok: