PDA

View Full Version : CPL SEP rating expired

ramshorn
3rd Jan 2008, 13:50
Hi

I have just checked in my little blue CPL book and seen that my SEP rating expired back in August. I am starting an FI course at the end of January and I would like to know what I will need to do to revalidate my SEP rating please? Is It something that I can leave until I get to the school to start the course and get it done before starting or is it a more complicated process than this? I other words do I need to get practicing?!(and spending!:eek:)
I need to do 5 hours SEP flying before starting course aswell so maybe I can revalidate rating as part of that??

Cheers

Duchess_Driver
3rd Jan 2008, 14:48
Thinks.....

As you've lapsed by less than 5 years all you need to do to revalidate the SEP is an LPC with an examiner. Pre-LPC brush up as required would need to be with an instructor. Both the LPC and brush-up would count towards the 5 hours pre-FI course requirement.

If I'm wrong then I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before someone shouts!

Parson
3rd Jan 2008, 14:48
To revalidate, you will need to take test with an examiner, similar to the ppl test, though probably a fair bit shorter. Most flying schools would be able to do it and you could include it in your 5 hours.

Not sure if strictly required for starting an FIC course, but I would have thought it wouldn't look too good if you pitched up with it lapsed.

ramshorn
3rd Jan 2008, 15:07
Thanks guys for your replies... Anyone else care to enlighten??

Parson
3rd Jan 2008, 15:18
DD is quite right, in that it is an LPC rather than a test. I did same not long ago and it was fairly relaxed and took just over an hour.

flapsin
3rd Jan 2008, 15:37
If the SEP rating has lapsed you will need to pass a Skills Test not an LPC, although in practice it's hard to tell the difference. As it's more than 5 years out the CAA will issue a new one. If you are serious about instructing then I suggest you invest in a copy of LASORS as soon as possible.

BillieBob
3rd Jan 2008, 15:42
JAR-FCL 1.245(f)(2)

If a single-pilot single-engine class rating has expired, the applicant shall complete the skill test in Appendices 1 and 3 to JAR–FCL 1.240.

outside_loop
3rd Jan 2008, 15:54
you need to do 5 hrs before the FI course?

within what period?

Whopity
3rd Jan 2008, 19:25
JAR-FCL 1.335

Before being permitted to begin an approved course of training for a FI(A)rating an applicant shall have:

(c) completed 5 hours in the class immediately prior to passing:

(f) a specific pre-entry flight test with an FIC Instructor within 6 months of starting the course.

So what you need to do is:

(a) Pass an LST
(b) Complete a total of 5 hours
(c) Pass the pre-entry test
(d) Start the course within 6 months.
(c) I suggest you also do a bit of reading!

timzsta
7th Jan 2008, 17:48
Lasors 2007 Section H Para 1.2 would be a good starting point!!