PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabees & Recruitment III

Pages : [1] 2 3

TightSlot
22nd Dec 2007, 09:33
Please use the forum SEARCH function for previous threads on this subject - Your question may have been answered already

midoy10
22nd Dec 2007, 17:04
good luck for you in your final interview:p also for midadi and for all who wait for the success:ok: see you in dubai:D

ashlea
22nd Dec 2007, 17:13
@ midoy10

Don't you mean '..Abu Dhabi..' :oh:

Sofia_02
22nd Dec 2007, 18:19
Thanks Midoy, i've already made it to the final :} But i need some luck, that's for sure :p
Btw did u get my email with the cv?

Midadi
23rd Dec 2007, 10:58
Hi all,

yes thank you! But unfortunately I have not been invited for any assessments of Etihad:-(

Still hoping but as they have taken their asessment schedulae from their website I dont think that they will give me a chance:sad::sad::sad::bored::bored::bored:

This is life and I am not upset because of it!!! I keep on trying but anyhow good luck to those who are waiting!!!!!!!

Midadi
24th Dec 2007, 12:09
Hi Boys and Girls:-)

I would like to encourage all of you who are put on hold! I got to know about one girl from germany who had her assessment day in Berlin (germany) in december. She told me that she received the "aaplication on hold" email from Etihad!

Now, here it comes:

She told me that the recruitment officer of Etihad Airways told her during Final Interview that all traning resources are full and they put all applications who are accepted by "Big Boss in Abu Dhabi" on hold! This girl asked her later again to make sure and so it is!!!!!!! All who are on hold have just to wait for the next stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish you all the best and just be patient!!! I am pretty sure that Etihad will also be better than Emirates in the near future! They wont be bigger than Emirates but more professional than them!! this is what an ex-cabincrew of Emirates told me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warm regards!!!!!!!!!!!!

ashlea
24th Dec 2007, 16:40
:p:p:p:p:p

Midadi.... :ok:

That's great to hear.. a few of us were still wondering if those on hold actually means that the upper management has approved.

So I suppose now we only need wait for the email giving us the go-ahead for the medicals..? :}

Midadi
24th Dec 2007, 17:43
Hi Ashlea,

uhh I see that you are from Singapore! Wow, I really would like to see this beautiful city! But may be next year!!!

Well it seems so! I think that you are all approved! Why should they spend their time with people they dont want to hire! Its logical, isnt it??? But you said that some of you already got the rejection letter and the others were put on hold!

Anyhow, merry X-Mas and ahappy new year with every success!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:p:ok::ok::ok::ok:

.goldenboy
24th Dec 2007, 19:54
Hey there ,,

I would like to wish you all a merry christmas and a wonderful newyear.

**Midadi, I like to read your posts , it gives me hope.. and as you said its logical since they already sent out rejection letters , so those kept on hold are as good as in .

CT7
26th Dec 2007, 16:58
The training system is full due to 160 resigning in Nov and 350 resigning in Dec. Not all newbees either.....

Be careful and come with your eyes open, expect blatent lies from the crew controllers and nasty memos about if you don't work you'll get the sack.

Still fun crew to be with most times....

All the best for the festive season! :ok:

ashlea
26th Dec 2007, 17:09
@ CT7

If you don't mind me asking... How do you know such specific information? :ooh:

Do you imagine that as so many staff are resigning around this time, that those currently 'on hold' might expect to hear back from the recruitment management in January?

Midadi
26th Dec 2007, 17:52
Hi there,

yes may be there are some who are resigning and I am 100% sure that these people are those who are as kids you know! You are not in Abu Dhabi to have a luxury life! It`s a beautiful city of course and in my opinion Etihad is really nice! You have that kind of resigning people at any company! Some don`t agree to the islamic way of life although it is mentioned during Open Days etc. etc. etc. some cannot handle their life without their families! It all depends! If you want to do this job go for it!! You will never find a job you are 100% sastisfied with! There are the positive and the negative things!
Ok I got to know about one Tunisian boy at an Emirates Open day who was employed at Etihad and he was not satisfied because in the past they did not give any laover allowances and thats the reason why he wanted to get out! I emailed with him last week and he told me that he is staying at Etihad and enjoying it really that much!
What I wanna say is that anybody should try and do the best of it! If it is that what you are looking for go for it and if not get out! Nobody will stop you! But please stop talking about this and that becuase of this kind of people sooo many wannabees might get the wrong thinking about the job and the company!!!!!!

Cheers

CT7
26th Dec 2007, 18:14
It's common knowledge. And seeing the amount of C/Crew in HR with signing out papers .... no room to move.

Hopefully someone will get the idea that something has to be done. More staff will help the situ but more are leaving than can be trained.
Also it is Christmas and the end of the year so that usually has something to do with it.

Simple adherance to rostering rules would do a lot along with more kinder tone in C/Crew memos from above, oh and someone above actually addressing these issues....

Still a good place to work if you can put up with min rest for a few more months...

ashlea
26th Dec 2007, 18:34
But please stop talking about this and that becuase of this kind of people sooo many wannabees might get the wrong thinking about the job and the company

People don't take what they read on these forums to be the almighty truth (unless they're very naive I suppose) - they only read the opinions of others to try and gauge for themselves what the job is. Both 'negative' and 'positive' comments have a place here.

As for the c/c memos.. if they are as severe as you say, then there must be a reason for it. It sounds like they are just trying to get a message across to the staff, which is fair enough you know. Cabin Crew are supposed to be able to make it to every shift in the year, and take only a bare minimum number of sick days.. :}

Midadi
26th Dec 2007, 19:53
Everyone thinking of joining a carrier in the Middle East should ask him or herself wheter she or he can handel this job and especially can live in a muslim country! I don`t want to count names but it`s a shame that some of you are all the time writing this is a islamic country, Islam, islam and Islam! You are not allowed to do this and that!! Gosh!!!! If you don`t like it why are you still staying?????? Just take the next flight and leave!!!! This is my opinion! ANd somebody ( I hope this person knows it) wrote, that XY loves to terminate Christians more than Muslims!!! This is ****** If you do your job well nobody will do you any harm and remeber that you are there to work and that you should respect any kind of religion and if you do not feel welcomed sooooo leave and don`t keep anything inside of you!!!!!!!!!!! Just take the next flight and look for your "dreamjob"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ok::ok::ok::ok:

CT7
27th Dec 2007, 05:31
Personally I find this country very giving toward others. Sure there are some things that you dont do, but when in Rome....

Lots of things you cant do in for example Saudi....

Ali_Xander
27th Dec 2007, 09:09
CT7 is right in many ways for telling it like it is. Every company has its ups and downs and as a new recruit, it is always best to know that it is not all hunky dorey. There are both good and bad times to be had.

;)

Gloria
27th Dec 2007, 22:41
I am curious that with so many leaving Etihad in a continual flow that they haven't considered off shore bases such as Sydney and say London maybe. Can they do this or choose not to. This would take the pressure off AUH housing problems & other issues! No aussies would leave if based in Sydney etc.

CT7
28th Dec 2007, 04:17
Could you imagine the trouble that would cause....??
Nah, there is something in UAE CAA regs about crew operating UAE Reg aircraft being based in the UAE. They looked at that option a while ago with flight deck.
Plus it requires more crew.

Xtra Crew
28th Dec 2007, 08:15
Hi everybody,

do you think 32 is too old to join Etihad as CC?

Do they have an upper age limit for new entrants?

ashlea
28th Dec 2007, 08:41
I know a guy who passed their interview for Etihad and they were 31.. I say just go for both the airlines. If you're what they're looking for they'll take you. :)

rockerlpz
29th Dec 2007, 22:06
Hi, how r you?, I read somewhere that Etihad is going to do an open day in New York, but I don´t know exactly when... , does anyone know if this is true?, and when will the open day would take place?, if anyone knows something about this I ´d be Really if you could please answer. I´ll be looking forward for your answers.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

ashlea
30th Dec 2007, 17:13
Just keep checking

http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/News/Description.aspx?NEWS_ID=2

website for updates.. I assume their assesment schedule will continue early Jan.

Timea
30th Dec 2007, 17:37
Hi..
My name is Timea...I have passed an assesment int.on 21.10.07 in Prague..Then I´ve received an email telling me that I need to wait for my visa..3 weeks ago I received a phone call from Etihad that I´ve got a visa and they asked me to start asap..I sad them that I can start in January..We agreed on 13.01.2008..I ´ve sent them 3-4 emails about some info..no answer till yet...So I don´t know what to do...:rolleyes:

ashlea
30th Dec 2007, 18:20
You need to call them directly instead... its easy for emails to get overlooked I think, especially at the end of the year. I have the number of someone from the recruitment management at Etihad if you don't have the number already..

Timea
30th Dec 2007, 18:23
thanx for your help..but why are they not replying on emails??

ashlea
30th Dec 2007, 18:59
They're insanely busy :}

If you really want to continue to try emailing them instead of calling, then make it easier for them by quoting your application number in the subject line, keeping your request short and sweet, etc.

Though I'd suggest that you try waiting for a little while (a week maybe) instead since you've already sent 3-4 emails.. they might get a little tiffed off with a 5th one ;)

Midadi
31st Dec 2007, 12:39
Hi there,

well it was mentioned on other posts that soo many are currently resigning from Etihad! I got to know bout a rellay nice girl from Slovakia at the moment employed as Cabin Crew with Etihad! Certainly I asked her about the people who are resigning, especially the reasons!

This is what she told me:

Some only ned money to finish their university in their home country and they come to work for some months only!

Some want to get married and to have kids! The biological clock is just tick-tacking when you are 25 years old

Some, especially Europeans and Australians just cant get along with the arabic culture! They came to have fun and finishes beeing resigned!

Some dont care, they came to take a new opportunity to see the world and than go back to "daddy made heaven"

She told me that Etihad is a really nice compoany and that you have a great life with the crew!!!!!

Happy new year and catch you later!!!!
:ok::ok::ok::ok:

rockerlpz
31st Dec 2007, 21:56
Thank you Ashlea, I already checked their website and there´re no dates for January yet, there´s nothing about New York yet, but I really hope they´ll go there soon, is it true that you can only go to an Etihad Recruitment day by invitation?, (after you applied online) , is that true?, I´ll be looking forward for your answers. Thank You.

Midadi
1st Jan 2008, 13:48
Hi there in Bolivia!

Etihad Airways conducts assessment days only by invitations!! In your case just send in your online application form and contact them by phone that you are willing to travel if they are looking for cabin crew in the U.S

Sometimes they also have Open days where you don`t need an invitation but it is only either in Beirut (Lebanon) or in Australia!

As Ashlea said before keep on checking their cabin crew assessment shedule! I think that they are full at the moment as there is no new schedule on their career website!
But just keep on!!!!!

Keep my fingers crossed for you and good luck!:ok:

ianaav
3rd Jan 2008, 13:03
Happy New Year! Any news anyone on hold??? Can anyone please tell me the e-mail of the HR Department?
All the girls who passed with me got a refusal or an on hold letter, except me. Perhaps they lost me:uhoh:

.goldenboy
3rd Jan 2008, 14:38
Sent you a private message with their email . Hope you hear something good soon.

Timea
3rd Jan 2008, 14:45
is it possible to send me for example an email adress of that girl from Slovakia??Thanx

rayair1
3rd Jan 2008, 14:47
for the age no under 18yrs old but for those of 32 yrs i think is the suitable age to start as a cabin crew ,my brother start last year as a cabin crew for emirates 33 yrs old
so good luck my friend:D

ianaav
3rd Jan 2008, 14:54
Thanks .goldenboy! I hope we can all meet there!

rayair1
3rd Jan 2008, 15:41
i applied for EY cabin crew through ASCG since 29september07 and they did reply me on 02nd of october 07 and then a did make a phone interview after 2 weeks they sent me an email tellling :

(Thank you for your recent application to ASCG for the position of cabin crew with Etihad.

You have been successful in your application and we would like to invite you to an open day. this will be taking place at the beginning of 2008. Once we have more information about the date, time and location of this event we shall send you an email.)
i am wondering about when they will make decision to reply me, i have more than 4 months only waiting for the open day in london

missydk
3rd Jan 2008, 19:52
I also applied through ASCG. Got the email saying that I had progressed on to the next stage and had to call them. I called and havent heard back since. That was a month ago. I even wrote an email asking them about it as they said i would hear back within 1-2 weeks. Strange!!

kubalibre
4th Jan 2008, 01:43
Hi everybody

I have applied through airlinerecruitment-etihad.com and I passed through with my online application to the next round where they asked me in an e-mail to call them up for the purpose to determine some basic criteria questions.
Has anyone else here applied through this service?
Does anyone know what they will be asking me?

kubalibre
4th Jan 2008, 01:50
Hi MissyDK

how did you apply through ASCG? I can't find them om the intenet. Could you be kind and post a link to them?

Many thanks

.goldenboy
4th Jan 2008, 06:05
www.airlinerecruitment-etihad.com (http://www.airlinerecruitment-etihad.com) is ------>ASCG

The basic questions are the same questions that you have gone through on you're online application.

are you 20 years or above?
can you swim ?
are you willing to relocate to abudhabi ? etc etc

All the best.:ok:

diesel36
4th Jan 2008, 12:31
What happens after the phonecall, do they contact you again

NordicJetSet
4th Jan 2008, 16:32
Hopefully someone here can help me... I'm trying to send my medicals to EY by email, but for some reason I get "failure notice" every time. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Mflyer
4th Jan 2008, 17:36
I have had the same problem in the past,regarding your situation,maybe you should try couple of thing.
If you are using gmail,you may have difficulties in sending the scans,so what i would advise you to do is to try sending it from yahoo mail or something similar.
Try it and see if it helps..

Best of Luck..

Midadi
4th Jan 2008, 18:24
Yes hi there,

try other email providers or may be the files are too big! try to cut them down and send a gain!

By the way, where are you from and when was your assessment day? Whats your date of joining? my best frined ist still on hold:-( I want him to get there as soon as possible so that I can visit him all the time:-)))))

kubalibre
4th Jan 2008, 20:32
Hi

After the phone call................the man I spoke with told me he would forward my application to his collegues and they will contact me to set a date and place for interview/assesment day.

The questions were
- Are you 20 years or above?
- Have you an education equivalent of highschool or higher?
- Can you Swim?
- Are your English skills good?
- Why did you apply for this position with Etihad?
- How do feel about living and working in Abu Dhabi?

diesel36
4th Jan 2008, 20:34
Hi kubalibre

Thanks for reply, i had those questions, how long after that do they contact you.
presume its when there doing open days near you..

.goldenboy
4th Jan 2008, 20:55
Did you have you're assessment day Etihad in March?

rockerlpz
4th Jan 2008, 22:24
Thank you for answering Midadi, so, I´d have to send my online aplication, and then call them? I wouldn´t have to wait for their email answer first?, could you Please give me their phone number just in case?.

Looks like their recruitment process is a little bit more complicated than other airlines of the U.A.E. , a phone call from South America to Abhu Dabi is not cheap... , if I only write to their email to find out if they selected me or not, do you think they would answer me?, or I´d have to call them?.

Anyway, do you or anyone that has been already accepted for the recruitment day in New York could Please let me know the date of that venue?

Thanks a lot for your good wishes Midadi, I´ll be waiting for your answers, if anyone knows.

NordicJetSet
5th Jan 2008, 07:33
I had my assessment day at the end of October. I don't have my joining date confirmed, but i'm not actually on hold. I've just been struggling with the medicals for 1,5 months and now I'm struggling to get them through to EY :}.

ashlea
5th Jan 2008, 08:08
Just use a little common sense when sending your files over..

Send your files over several emails (rather than everything in one email) so its easier for their server to cope with the files if they are large in size. Put your reference number and the number of the email in the subject to make it easier for them e.g. "Medical Files for #124588 - Email 1 of 4"

Avoid sending an email over 2MB in size.

Zip your files together or change the file size/quality of each so that they are smaller. Sometimes changing the format of the file can make a big difference too.

Avoid using a crappy free webmail such (Yahoo, Hotmail etc). I'd recommend Gmail..

Timea
5th Jan 2008, 08:13
Hi...

My name is Timea .I am a current Cabin Crew.Working for a low cost airline company..I am just wondering..If you working as a Crew for Etihad..r you doing a quick turnarounds or you staying few days at the destinations??

Thank´s for reply:}

ashlea
5th Jan 2008, 08:29
I'd be very interested to get more information on layovers and turnarounds too, like Timea..

I was reading through some of the old EY posts a while ago, trying to find more info on this (was unsuccessful)...

Are there some sort of 'general rules' about layovers, or particular patterns anyone has noticed.. i.e. if flights over 8 hours long will have at least a 24 hour layover etc etc?

Midadi
5th Jan 2008, 11:12
Hi there,

some of my friends are flying fro Etihad Airways! Sometimes you even have a minimum rest of 10 hours even though you have may be done a AUH - LHR service! Sometimes ýou fly to destination Etihad serves only 4 times a week like Casablanca (CMN) where you have 36 hours layover. Ýou have the minimum rest of 10 hours only if you are unlucky to have a day Etihad serves the destinations two times this day! Than yiu are required to sleep and fly back to your home base AUH on the same day!

From what I have heared it is a nice mixture of rosters where you will have lots of nice destinations covering long and short layovers and even turnarounds! I think thats good so because thats it what it makes it special and exciting! I love this busy environment:-) Sometimes you think that you are flying to Manila and it will be changed on the last second where they will inform you! Its a job where you must be 100% flexible!!!!!!:=:=:=:=

I hope this helps!!!!!

Midadi
5th Jan 2008, 11:17
@rockerlpz

Hi,

check your private messages! I sent you the contact number of Etihad! If you write them an email they wont answer you if you are not a selected candidate who have a question! They have a mess on papers and a lot to do, so dont waste your time and call them immediately! This will even show them that you are soooo interested that you even gave them the call from Bolivia! I dont think that it would be so expensive! Go to a call shop where they have lots of good offers or use Voice over IP Via internet! MSN also offers this and it is very cheap!

Good luck to you!:ok:

Timea
6th Jan 2008, 08:08
Pls can you tell me some info about medical check at Abu Dhabi??

Timea

CT7
6th Jan 2008, 08:41
Min rest is actually 11 hrs.

Some overnights like Paris and FRA are about 12:30 to 14hrs. Not much time to do anything except catchup on sleep. Others can be two days.

I'm guessing you are talking about the Visa check for your work permit?
Standard stuff, bloods, X-ray etc. Nothing major.

harry201
7th Jan 2008, 08:14
Hi !
anyone starting on the 27 this month
let me know guys
thanx!

ashlea
7th Jan 2008, 09:13
What was the date of your final interview, if you don't mind me asking?

harry201
7th Jan 2008, 10:18
Hi !

my only and final interview was the 23 rd of november
It was an easy process to be honnest
on 23 november I had my interview in Paris
on the 11 december i receive an email from etihad to tell me that i got the job and they will process for clearance and approval
On the 30 of december I got a email wiv my contract I faxed back the same day
Then i receive a phone call from etihad the 3 of january to tell me to do my medical
and now i receive a phone call again to tell me to not do my medical coz i will do it while i am over thier and also ask me if i will be able to start on the 27 this month

I apply for the position as F&B Manager onboard

Yes it was easy for so far I am lucky hopefully it will be for U too

If you want more info let me know
all the best
Sincerely

Sofia_02
7th Jan 2008, 10:58
So it seems only the cc applicants are put on hold..

Ashlea when was your final interview?
I am thinking of calling or emailing them just to ask where do i stand in the process.. Or should i just wait until their call? i dont want them to think i rush anything, but my final was 1,5 month ago and so far i've been put on hold..Would be great to know whats going on, so i can plan my life :rolleyes:

missydk
7th Jan 2008, 11:35
Has anyone heard from Etihad or ASCG about assessment days recently??? There are no assessment days shown on the website yet so maybe they are in the process of planning it....
I have been waiting to hear back from ASCG for quite a while now so it would be good to hear whether I'm the only one....

.goldenboy
7th Jan 2008, 12:18
I have been waiting for 3 months now !:uhoh::uhoh:

I heard some have been told that their application will remain active for 3 months , but that wasnt what i have got .
This was the message i recieved from etihad .

Thank you for attending the Cabin Crew assessment day on 23rd September

At this time due to operational reasons we are unable to move forward with your application and will therefore keep your application on hold until such times as we are permitted to process your documents for initial joining formalities.

Please be assured that we were satisfied with your performance and final interview on the day of the assessment and will endeavor to process your application in the near future should you still be willing to join us. Unfortunately at this time we do not have an estimated time frame for this.

In the meantime should you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

ashlea
7th Jan 2008, 14:09
Until march there are 150 vacanies for cabin crew to be filled

How do you know that? :ooh:

.goldenboy
7th Jan 2008, 14:14
the number was updated on the etihads careers website.

ashlea
7th Jan 2008, 14:24
Ohh, I see it yeah. 150 by the beginning of March! :O

.goldenboy
7th Jan 2008, 14:28
I hope they call us before considering new assessments.

ianaav
7th Jan 2008, 15:10
Hey everyone!

Can anyone share the phone of the HR department? I really need to know the answer.

Thanks

ashlea
7th Jan 2008, 15:43
I'm sure some of you already have this link (was posted a while ago on one of the older threads) but just in case:

http://groups.msn.com/eycct/welcometoetihad.msnw

While we're waiting to hear back from crew management.. why not study up a little? ;)

(Note: there's some contact information on the site but I'm sure it is meant only for those who have passed ALL the stages - so it would be wise, I think, to NOT call/email this guy until you have your ticket & visa)

Midadi
7th Jan 2008, 18:11
Come on boys and girls!!!!

Be patient and use your intelligence!!!!

All of you attended Etihad Assessment days with success! those not seen as qualified after final interview were rejected and you were put on hold! At this point you have the answer! You are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just be patient:=:=! It takes time but the longer you are thinking about it the longer you will be waiting or it will seem to you that you are waiting for one 1 year although you are only waiting for one week:-) so relaxx and take it easy!!! Do you know this song? So everybody should put on this song and keep cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ok::ok::ok::ok::D:D:D:D

relax, take it easyyyyy!

missydk
7th Jan 2008, 18:36
anyone applying through ASCG who's heard anything recently??

kubalibre
8th Jan 2008, 00:17
I have not got anything yet from ASCG.
I have been in touch with Etihad and they have put all uppcomming assesment days on hold until February.
Just relax and think positive.

ianaav
8th Jan 2008, 09:38
Thank you for participating in the Etihad Airways Cabin Crew assessment day in Moldova on the 4th of December 2007. At this point, we must inform you that we will place your application on hold at this point given the current requirements from the cabin crew department. However, your application will remain active for the next three months and we will contact you if we are able to advance your application to the next stage in the process. :\

Yeah and they also lost my photos:ugh:

ianaav
8th Jan 2008, 09:47
Well Im glad at least its not a rejection, but...
Does anyone have any info what does it mean? Im waiting now for a job here, and I dont know what to do:confused:
I want to go to Abu Dhabi, but I have no idea when will they actually hire us. On the interview day they told us that we will start at February- March cause they dont have places.

Good luck everyone!

kubalibre
8th Jan 2008, 11:59
Hi everybody!

Concerning assessment and new applications.
I have now been in contact with the cabin crew recruitment office. I was told the following:
Assessment days are put on hold until March/April due to some kind of restructuring, so it has been pushed forward from February as I have been told earlier. This is probably why ASCG has not yet contacted anybody yet for 2008 and why there is no assessment day schedule on the Etihad career website and why there is not any information about upcomming assessment days on any of the cabin crew recruitment agency websites I have visited.
For all of you that have applied through the Etihad career web site, the first application status is "applied" and means they have not yet made a shortlisting. The second application status is "under review", and it means that you have been shortlisted and your application will be reviewed for assessment (probably means they will invite you for an assessment day).
Sooooooo...... keep on uppdating your applications and think positive.

ashlea
8th Jan 2008, 13:40
Very informative & helpful. Thank you :)

Sonic83
8th Jan 2008, 18:18
coooooolllll,

that means that they will start to recruit again as soon as the candidates put on hold are put in training courses! Guys keep your heads up, see you all soon in Abu Dhabi!!!!!!! may be we will be in the same batch! hehehehehehe!

is it true that those who are from Europe will have to do a medical check only in Abu Dhabi without one here in their home countries?

missydk
8th Jan 2008, 19:09
Than for letting us all know!! I see it as bad news though as it means it will be months befoe we hear if we even get to go to the assessment day.. Do you think they have put the entire thing on hold or will they actually let unsuccessful candidats know? I think it is a bit messed up if we end up getting a no in 3 months..

NordicJetSet
9th Jan 2008, 09:32
For Missydk, have you checked out scandinaviarecruit.com?

Sonic83:
I got an offer from EY, that if I would be ready to join in two weeks time, I wouldn't have to do the medical in my homecountry. I think that was offered for applicants from western Europe. But probably they needed people to join more urgently then than now when people have been put on hold. I didn't take the offer, because I wouldn't have been ready that fast.

That leads to my question, can anyone share how long it usually takes to hear from EY after sending medicals to them?

Also, has anybody got any numbers, how many applicants there are for EY and how many get accepted etc.?

missydk
9th Jan 2008, 11:31
yes, i checkd it out but the requirements seem to be different from the ones on the Etihad website...weird... also wont really make a difference since it looks like EY have postponed all the assessment days anyway..:(

Are you through? If so congrats:) and im just a tiny bit jealous...:-)

ashlea
9th Jan 2008, 12:06
Everyone..

I have just heard direct from Etihad recruitment (via email) that they aren't planning to hire anymore cabin crew over the next few months. Please don't think I'm being pessimistic - I'm really only stating the facts here. March is going to be the absolute earliest for any of us on hold - longer for those who have yet to attend an assessment day.

I'm going to mark April Fool's Day on my calendar as the date to contact them again for an update. :ok:

I suggest that we all get on with other things, and consider it a nice surprise if/when they contact us in 3 months+ time. No matter howmuch we speculate/moan it's going to be a while. Etihad recruitment also confirmed in the email that those on hold will be the first in line for a position (no surprise there, but it IS nice to hear it from them anyway) :}

I have been trolling this forum for a solid few months now..and am going to make a real effort to focus on other things now. Might be back around March/April.. hopefully not posting from Singapore then... :O

Bye, and good luck to all!

twentyeight
10th Jan 2008, 07:12
I've been reading all the posts, and I'm a little concerned about Etihad management/HR - not only from reading this forum, but also because HR are quite slow in getting back to you, and slack with the whole employment process.

I'm due to start Cabin Crew training at the end of this month (they've changed my start date a few times - I was supposed to start at the beginning of January - this was when I started getting a bit nervous about the company). I've completed all the medicals so I'm just waiting on final approval.

I'm nervous now, because I wonder if they've also put me on hold as well. As far as I know, I'm not. I have not had that 'hold' email that some of you others have had.
I WILL BE REALLY PISSED OFF IF THEY PUT ME ON HOLD! I am definitely not waiting for 3 months or more - I will move on and find something else.

I know not everyone feels the same, and some of you are happy to wait which is fine, but for me any more hiccups are unacceptable.
I realise they are a relatively new airline, and going through a transition phase at the moment, but it is simply no excuse for bad management/HR practices.

I'm really trying to stay positive (I know it may not sound like I am in this post, but I am!), and will go over to Abu Dhabi with an open mind, and ready to work hard. While I've been taking in what's written in these forums about Etihad, I'm also trying not to take on board too much of the negative things (which I'm sure some of it's true, and some of it may not be - a lot of it is subjective, but I want to make up my own mind when I get there) so that I don't go over to Abu Dhabi with a negative frame of mind from the outset.

If any of you have questions about the recruitment process, I'm happy to answer anything I can!

Good luck to everyone!

ashlea
10th Jan 2008, 08:01
What was the date of your final interview?

My best advice to you: prepare yourself for any possibility.

Sky SA
10th Jan 2008, 11:01
Hi everyone,

Firstly let me start with my story. I applied to Etihad last year, September and made it alllll the way to the assessment/interview day. BUT this date is what Im waiting for. I'm pulling my hair out checking my e-mail 10 - 20 times a day waiting for "The E-Mail".

I did send them an e-mail enquiring about the date of the assessment and they said early 2008 . . .

From what I understand reading through everyones threads:

1. Etihad are on hold with the interview/assessment dates untill April is it?

2. Etihad are on hold with the training?

Does ANYONE have a date for their assessment/interview day?

Who can I call to find out what is going on? (anyone got a number and a name pherhaps?)

Hope you guys can help out. And aplogies to you, if you reading a repetitive message l!!! ;)

Safe landings!

Sky

missydk
10th Jan 2008, 11:34
This is what i understand too... I also applied last year and was told that I would hear about assessment days etc. within 1-2 weeks.. I never heard back from them.. and now it seems nothing will happen till April...

harry201
10th Jan 2008, 12:43
Hi Everyone !

anyone starting on the 27 this month
let me know
cheers!

Mflyer
10th Jan 2008, 18:37
Hi everyone,

My joining date is on the 27th of January,i was just wondering,if anybody knows,how many days prior to joining they would send the e-ticket and the visa..
Any info would be helpful...

Thanx :ok:

EYner
10th Jan 2008, 19:35
I am starting on the 27th anyone here ?

rockerlpz
11th Jan 2008, 00:23
Oh man, so there won´t be recruitment more days at all until April???... oh my God... , and some of us haven´t even applied online yet... , how long do you think it will take if something happens??? I mean, in case we get selected in a future open day, do you think we would have to wait for 3 or 4 months for a final decision?......

so I guess they will put the date of the NY open day in march, right?... anyone knows anything about that open day?

Does anyone know if any other middle east airline is having open days in the United States or in south america any time soon??

I anyone knows any information I´d Really Thankful if you could Please share it with us. I´ll be looking forward for your answers.

Thank You

.goldenboy
11th Jan 2008, 06:54
Emirates will be having an open day soon in sao paulo and san jose this month , and next month in Buenos aires and Caracas.

Leito
11th Jan 2008, 11:24
.... and Mar del Plata on Feb 28th. :}

Midadi
11th Jan 2008, 18:43
I think thast Etihad is placing the applications on hold at the moment only because they do not have enough facilities like the training academy and crew accomodation! they are a young company and as soon as everything is built up they will recruit like they have never seen Cabin Crew before:-)

I would only apply through their website as soon as you see an avertised assessment day in a city which is the most closest to yours!

Go for Emirates Airline! Give it a try see!

TightSlot
11th Jan 2008, 20:05
Folks,

This forum is intended for working Cabin Crew: Some time ago it was nearly over run with wannabees, and for that reason the wannabee threads were established to be a source of information for those seeking recruitment. It would seem that the wannabee threads are now being used for a sort of social networking function instead.

You need to be very clear on this - If your post does not contain concrete fact about the recruitment then it has no business on PPRuNe - anywhere: This means that any of the following stuff is not to be posted...

Facebooks, blogs, I'm so happy for you, woohoo I got it, wish me luck, send me a PM, msn me, will you be at the interview, follow your dreams etc. etc. All of this should be done by PM on PPRuNe (if you must - we'd rather that you didn't use our server space for it) or by Text Message - in fact do it anyway that you want - BUT DON'T POST IT ON A THREAD.

ashlea
13th Jan 2008, 13:04
They will offer you free shared accommodation as part of your package, for the entire time you are employed with them. Each apartment has 2-3 rooms and most likely you will have your own bathroom as well as your own room of course.

If you want to live outside company accommodation you can - and they will give you rent allowance for it. But if you move out remember you will have to launder your own uniform and provide your own transport to/from the airport.

When you first join you may have to stay in a hotel rather than an apartment for a while however until they sort out a room for you.

.goldenboy
14th Jan 2008, 10:08
I received an email from etihad today to inform me that, my application is still on hold due to all recruitment being on hold within Etihad Airways. In the next coming weeks, a review will be done of all the on-hold applicants, so once there is any further progress they we will be in touch .

jane1959
14th Jan 2008, 15:27
Does anyone have an idea if EY is still hiring F&B's for on board?

bizz_y
14th Jan 2008, 18:39
I have a qustion concerning the first week of joining Etihad. In the joining letter there is a line mensioning the msn-groups-etihad link were they have posted some information that should be studied by those who are joining. Ther is a line saying the following: Pre course workbook you will need to spend time learning the information in this section. You will be tested on the contents during your first week with us".
My question...... Is this true? Will they really test us on something we should learn before joining?
I have heard from someone that joined as late as December and this person did not know anything about that. She said the first week is only introductions, no tests. Could this be something new for new cabin crew who are joining now in 2008?

:confused:

ianaav
15th Jan 2008, 08:30
goldenboy since when are u waiting? At least they said weeks and not months, Gosh I definetly need an answer in February!

dazednconfused
15th Jan 2008, 12:33
I am new to this forum and could really use some advice.. First off i would very much like to work for a middle easter airline and the way i see it there are Eihad, Emirates, gulf air and qatar...

What I do not get are the different requirements..so please corrct me if i get this wrong.....

At emirates and qatar you have to be qualified to highschool (a-levels) standard..

with gulf you can only apply if you have a university degree??

AND at Etihad you can apply if you have secondary education (GCSE)...

It seems rally weird to me that the requirments are different so pls correct me if I'm wrong... I guess most middle eastern airlines have higher requirements than for instance the UK ones as most of them only require GCSE!!!

Please reply!!! (and sorry for witing in the Etihad forum but since i prefer Etihad i thought it would be best..)

Thanks!!!

midoy10
15th Jan 2008, 12:59
High school level(bachelor degree) and that is it :ok: move on and take your chance goood luck :p

dazednconfused
15th Jan 2008, 13:20
I'm sorry but that makes no sense at all....highschool is not the same as a bachelor degree...could anyone else help out???

dazednconfused
15th Jan 2008, 17:28
This is all a little confusing!!! it doesnt say GCSE on the website it says secondary education... when i look up secondary education it says that its basically the same as GCSE.. Highschool is just an american term for i guess 12 years of schooling....so in reality you need 12 years of schooling or a levels???? (basically you need to be educated so that you can go staright to university???) but you say some got through with 10 years? i really dont get this.....

anyone who can clarify whats required?

midoy10
15th Jan 2008, 18:33
:)my friend :=High school it the same like bachelor degree or GCSE(general certificte of secondary school) for all company HIGH SCHOOL
THAT IS IT :ok: BECAUSE IT IS A THE FINAL STEP TO GO TO THE UNIVERSITY ;)good luck:p

dazednconfused
15th Jan 2008, 18:46
thanks sonic83...

midoy.....as far as i know one has to do A-levels to qualify for university... GCSE is not enough........ and i checked out the deifinition for o-levels on wikipedia and it said that it was the same as GCSE which again confuses me since this is not high school...

Don't think you get my point so i will leave at this and assume they mean any education that qualifies you to go to university..

Soumaya
16th Jan 2008, 20:19
hi..

anyone knows when Etihad start their tour ( open/assesment days ) ?:confused:

Many thanks..:)

midoy10
17th Jan 2008, 09:50
:rolleyes: HI NO MORE OPEN DAYS IN THIS PERIOD I THINK THEY START IN MARCH :O I HOPE SO AND WE ARE WAITING FOR :oh: PM ME FOR MORE DETAIL :confused:

CT7
20th Jan 2008, 13:00
Please yes! Anything for more people that can understand and speak english!! Well Australian, it's pretty close...

jorrose
21st Jan 2008, 02:29
:D:D:Dwho ever dont like it just leave :D:D:D:ok::ok:

jceee
21st Jan 2008, 11:01
guys,anyone knows ey recruitment schedule for this year?preferrably in manila.thanks!

to all applicants,just be patient

ashlea
21st Jan 2008, 11:32
To all of you people asking about open day dates/locations... :suspect:

You really just need to wait. Really. Think: MARCH 2008. :}

If Etihad and their website aren't stating any information about open days.. then do you really think anyone else is going to know specifics? :hmm:

Mflyer
21st Jan 2008, 21:35
It looks its there..but however for all those who got the accepted contract at the end of 2007,will have to wait a bit more to get to Abu Dhabi.
However,the news is that EY staff are working hard to put up people in batches so they can bring people in certain time frame.
They are lacking accommodations and etc,so for all of those who were planned to join at the end of January,recheck if you are postponed for a bit later or you are going to join on time.

Best of Luck to all EY applicants and stay always positive..:ok:

ryz
22nd Jan 2008, 07:34
I called Cabin crew HR dept. 2 days back and told me that my security clearance is done. However, they will just call me later to do my medicals once everything is fine (maybe she's talking about the "on hold" issue). When I ask her when I can expect a call.. she cannot give me a date or no. of weeks, but, she said.. for sure they will call.. For me.. it's good news!:ok:

For those who are waiting and dont know their status, try to call them... they are very nice and accomodating.. ;)

Let's be patient... evrything will be fine... :)

EYner
24th Jan 2008, 13:52
hey everybody,

I am taking my flight to Abu Dhabi, i wish all the best for those who are waiting for the joining day, i know how stressful it could be ... good luck bye

dooday
25th Jan 2008, 17:15
hi guys,

It's been a long time I haven't been able to visit this site due to my training...

Well, my friend was accepted as CC way back last December and was put on hold and was told to call (HR) by mid February (as what I have observed, the last group of trainees will finish maybe Mid of february).:D

So, you guys out there who are still put on hold, have a little more patience ok?:ok:

Peace;)

mee_too
25th Jan 2008, 17:50
To those who have been on an Assessment day recently:

Is Etihad still doing the 214cm reach test???
It is not among the requirements on the careers website...:confused:

How srtict are they with that? I can reach 213, but not one mm higher... Bummer...:uhoh:

ashlea
25th Jan 2008, 20:43
February? Doubtful.
March? Perhaps. If we're lucky.
April? Looks likely.

:}

ryz
26th Jan 2008, 13:35
Hi Sonic83..

It is very confusing.... If you check the Etihad Career Website, they indicated that they are still in need of 1500 cabin crews..

ashlea
26th Jan 2008, 14:28
How can the crew in training have stopped training over there? They're living there, just hanging out, twiddling their thumbs..?? :hmm:

How could management have overestimated that badly the number of crew required? Do they HAVE an actual HR department over there? Have other airlines had these teething problems, even after four years of being established?

Maybe they expected a higher turnover but found people decided to stay instead of quitting, he he. Like when airlines overbook seats on flights because a percentage of people usually don't turn up and they want the plane to be full regardless...

I think the number they note on the website doesn't really mean anything, updating it is probably the least of their concerns right now..

sil1233
26th Jan 2008, 14:58
The company has new destinations coming online soon as well as new aircrafts .. this requires more crew members. I dont think they are full of cabin staff , they just lack of facilities , training , accommodations etc.
I have a colleague who left emirates and his training with EY begins tomorrow on the 27th.
I also noticed that at this moment the company favours those with cabin crew experience , those with no experience are on hold ,, :confused: i dont understand as to why ?

Good luck to everyone:ok:

ashlea
26th Jan 2008, 15:15
I think you're right, it would be more about the accommodation/training facilities as opposed to the number of crew. Or at least I'd prefer it to be that!

Can I ask why your friend chose EY over EK?

I think they don't necessarily favour those with experience..but in their current situation it is easier for them to FIRST hire:

a) Applicants from Europe, as it seems applicants from there can go over to AUH and do their medicals upon arrival, instead of applicants from Asia/Africa etc having to get clearance from their home country and then again in AUH. It's a faster process.

b) Applicants who have already been cabin crew from another airline recently, as probably they wouldn't have to complete the whole 5-weeks of training, and they could start shortly after their arrival in AUH. So again, a faster process.

sil1233
26th Jan 2008, 15:48
he left for EY because they do fly to his home country so it would be more flexible for him to see his family every once in a while ,the upgrade/promotion process is faster with etihad , he also mentioned its very much easier to save some cash in abu-dhabi and i totally agree on that ,,, dubai is very expensive n lots of parties and shopping and you'd get tempted , its a cash vacuum.

I am not sure about the training ,, cause with emirates even if you were a purser with another airline company once you join you will still have to undergo the training like those with no airline experience.

sil1233
26th Jan 2008, 16:47
You dont have to worry , your licence will include other aircraft types as well ...not just the A320 .. You'll get to see places:ok:

Mflyer
26th Jan 2008, 20:02
Hi to everybody..

In the airline business it is a limitation for a crew member to hold type rating for maximum of 4 types of aircraft.This is a logical case with etihad because they operate B777,A330,A340,A320,B767...so in these case they had to give one out to replace it with a new one.
I'm not very sure about this info,but i heard somebody saying that they are going to give out the B767.

Anybody has any info on new batch joining around 10th of February,any news,intels...

Best regards :ok:

sil1233
26th Jan 2008, 20:56
I think the info you are referring to is for the cockpit crew not the cabin crew.
I currently work for Emirates and we have many ex EY employees ,, what i know is they are not limited to long or short haul ... their monthly roster includes a mixture of long, medium and short haul flights and they get type rated on different aircrafts . exactly the same as EK

EYner
28th Jan 2008, 16:24
Dear Sonic,

There is no such thing in ey ! i have just joined ey on the 25th of jan and we were three batches starting at the same time, we were all about 60 so there is no excess of crew, ... they need crew and they built a huge training center for that only, ... the training center is amazing, ...they are nice to us, the only issue that is annoying is the accomodation, BUt they are working on it (i am currently staying at the hotel), they are trying their best to accomodate every single crew, otherwise everything is good so far ... good luck for all of you and i hope that you will be able to make in here as soon as possible, ... by the way new batches are coming in february ... see you all

ciao

ianaav
28th Jan 2008, 19:24
That's great! When did u have your asessment day? I hope youre having fun there, and thanks for supporting us!

ryz
28th Jan 2008, 19:46
Hi EYner..

So, it is really true that they are just holding the applications because of the "training & accomodation" issues and not because they are already excess of CC. do you think they are going to proceed the applications for those who are on hold by February or still nothing confirmed???:confused:
HI SOnic83.. When was your assessment day? It's nice that your contact in EY told you at least an estimated date when to expect from them.. :)

I sent them an email yesterday regarding my status and replied to me immediately.. they advised that at the moment they are unable to process my application due to "operational requirements" and they are currently contemplating on when to restart the process.. :uhoh:

I also heard that some current Cabin Crews are on training for 1 month (I dont know when it started). & that's another factor why they cannot accomodate newcomers for now... (do you have any idea about this EYNER...) :confused:

Like you Sonic 83.. t ok for me to be on hold.. but I want to know if Im 100% IN or NOT.. (regardless of the medical clearance).. Im so excited!!! :}

Goodluck to all of us!!!!

EYner
29th Jan 2008, 09:20
Hi,

Here i am checking my uniform, so be sure that everybody person on hold will get in here, it's just a matter of time. i know personnaly few people who were put on hold but they are in aldready, so don't trust grapevines going around cause the cabin crew do launch rumors and a lots lol ... well here i am, i saw with my real eyes, the only issue as i said is the accomodation but they are building an amazing village for the crew, they just want us to be as comfortable as possible, so be sure that you will be in the near future... i was on hold too so i had to wait for two months but i am in already, so i know how u feel guys, ... take care and good luck for everyone ...

bye

dazednconfused
29th Jan 2008, 13:48
does anyone have any etihad cabin crew blogs? i have found a lot of emirates ones but i want etihad:-)

Cheers

ryz
29th Jan 2008, 16:29
Hi Eyner..

Thanks!!!! When & Where was your assessment day?

humberto
29th Jan 2008, 20:07
I thought that what I have heard about etihad having more cabin crew staff than needed was just a rumor but seems its true.
I read this some where else " Hi, as it ias all the time said in assessemnt days of Middle Eastern Carriers that we should expect the unexpected I also could have this experience!

I received a nice call from Etihad telling me and apologizing themselves that they have recruited too much new crew than needed and that I was rejected!!!!!!!!

That means that I can apply again, as soon as they have available vacancies on their website!! I am a little bit upset but this is life! You can never have it as you want! Now I can stay with my family and my mother will send me to London to study medcine!!!!!!!I always wanted to do this as well!! Girls and Guys expect the unexpected!!!!!

Cheershttp://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/smileys/smiley19.gif "

By the way he already did his medicals !

dazednconfused
29th Jan 2008, 20:22
That is bad news indeed. It doesn't make sense to me though since there are still 150 cabin crew vacancies listed on the website...

humberto
29th Jan 2008, 21:07
I am thinking maybe the number of applicants currently on-hold is more than the 150 vacant positions listed on their website.

PJY
31st Jan 2008, 12:23
I am new to the site and am curious as everyone else is about everything you "hear" on this site. Patience is the best way forward at the moment! The airline is going through a massive growth period at the moment.

I know this as I have been accepted as On-Board F&B Manager. My interview was on the 6th December, 07 in Sydney. The first batch of training was on the 27th Jan, 08. They have had to shuffle a few start dates, and mine is currently 2nd March. They have 3 more scheduled start dates which appear to be the first Sunday of each month through till May. (Sunday is the first day of the week in the UAE).

Due to this role being a world first in the aviation industry and teething problems associated with new ventures, perhaps this is why Etihad Admin/HR have slowed down the intake - until everyone can take a deep breath.

It seems as though accomodation is the biggest hurdle, basically to deal with such a massive intake. However, what has been described about the airline sounds fantastic.

Be patient and good luck!:ok:

Midadi
31st Jan 2008, 16:17
Hi Sonic,

you have to inform them because as soon as they are able to take you over to Abu Dhabi they will go after the 4 weeks you told them! So you have to inform them!!:ok:

...long time no posts! Just back from the Phillippines

rockerlpz
31st Jan 2008, 23:54
Hi guys, I already sent my online application a few days ago, now my question is: do I have to wait now until march or april to hear any news from the company? ( in case they get interested in me, and send me an invitation for an assestment day) or you think Maybe I could hear something from them before that?.

By the way, does any one know by any chance if they´ll continue the recruitment worldwide in march or april? , does any one know about the alleged future open day or assestment day in NY?, I´ll be looking forward for any answer.

THANK YOU

ashlea
1st Feb 2008, 01:03
Wait for at LEAST late March, or April.

Just keep a check on this thread, I am sure someone will holler - with unparalleled enthusiasm & multiple exclamation marks - once the assesment days commence again. Or just check the EY website itself.

crackheadbob
2nd Feb 2008, 18:30
OK, before you get your hopes up people,
Please check out the pilot forums regarding Etihad. The place is in a shambles. There is no accommodation. There will be none for quite some time. HR is in a mess. They have not a clue how many crew they need. They will fire you on the spot for any reason. The CEO has endorsed in his latest news letter for Airport handling to report crew, crew to report pilots, pilots to report on anyone.
As for the F&B managers it is not the first in the industry. BA had it first about a decade ago. Ansett had it years back. The bafoon (CEO) who ran GulfAir into the ground took the idea from Ansett. Gulf Air now penniless and flying around ancient machinery due to no money in the bank is left with what is called Sky Chefs. The person who is +60 years old brought into run the program at GF by the bafoon (CEO) currently at Etihad is now in jail in Bahrain. This is his long time colleague and friend he brought from Oz. He has been under house arrest for the past 10 months. The Sky Chefs are still flying around at GF and probably the most abused position from the other crew onboard. They do a great job but are resented by the lower paid crew.
Etihad will put you in a hotel room at base for min 3 months. Remember this is the middle east. the novelty wears thin within months.
We are all trying to get out some of us are bonded and have to do our time before we are allowed to leave. This is not a vacation. Ask the hard questions and get it all in writing. They will say what you want to hear but will not put it in writing. test this theory.
Good Luck:ugh:

NordicJetSet
3rd Feb 2008, 08:50
Anyone received a phone call from EY HR? I got one this morning offering joining dates Feb 10th or March 2nd! I chose March 2nd. They called me at 6.50am my local time, so of course I was sleeping and was bit confused. The lady who called me seemed very busy, so she really didn't give me any other information. I'm just wondering if everything is now really confirmed. I'd have resign from my current job tomorrow, and I'm really nervous about it!

Those of you who have just joined EY, did you only receive the phone call or how were things handled?

ryz
3rd Feb 2008, 09:24
Hi NordicJetSet..

Congratulations...

Does it mean that Etihad is now proceeding with the applications? I hope so... :)

ryz
3rd Feb 2008, 14:07
They are constructing a new building for Cabin Crew Accomodation. So dont worry.. :) Other cabin crews were living in hotels for now because the building is not yet finished.. Here in Abu Dhabi, it is very hard to find a flat, because of many expatriates coming.. & not all flats are nice & good.

That's also one of the reasons why the applications for cabin crew were put on hold.

Also, I heard that HR dept's office will be moved to their new office building.. I dont know if it's finished already...

Good luck to us.. I hope they'll call us within few days.. at least advise us to do our medicals, and later arrange our joining date.. (if were lucky!) :ooh:

fly.high
4th Feb 2008, 11:57
So many crews staying in the hotels - true. There are no available buildings at the moment. That's okey, you don't pay for anything anyway. Everything is paid for by Etihad even your transportation. And yes, it is difficult to find a flat here in Abu Dhabi considering the number of EXPATs coming here, even parking space is difficult!

New building - it is not yet finished, it is huge. You'll know what I mean when you see it. You will have your training there.

And don't worry, EY HAS LOTS OF MONEY.

And Sonic83, you will never be fired for no reason at all. I don't know where you've heard it, but check your facts first:rolleyes:.. And don't worry about your accomodation, let the housing worry about it. Once you get here, you'll have roof under your head and transpo that will bring you to and from the academy..
and btw, no one told me this before I joined but you will receive aed3000 (It is a gift, it will not be deducted from your salary.It is enough to survive your first month here, not unless you go partying every night)

So cheer up guys, PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE:) Remember EY has been in the industry for 5 years only.. There are positive and negative aspects about it. So when you come here don't expect everything to be easy.. Sometimes you learn the hard way. But fso far, so good for me here.. It's just how you adapt to the situation:ok:

jimbols6
4th Feb 2008, 15:09
when you are in the hotel i take it that you just get your basic salary until the company or you finds accomadation? are the hotel restaurants discounted as it must cost a fortune to eat out every night for three months?Does anybody know when the new cabin crew building will be finished?

CT7
4th Feb 2008, 15:16
Correct, but you can get quite cheap meals at most places. Someone will know where.

Pay dayis 25th of the month but allow 3 days for it to appear.

There is a way to get I think an advance of 50% of your salary ?? ask HR.

jimbols6
4th Feb 2008, 15:24
thank you for your comments CT7. is there any update on the accomadation situation at the minute?

CT7
4th Feb 2008, 15:31
Cant really comment on cabin Crew accom, never been lucky enough to know all the buildings.... :)

I do know that there are 600+ in hotels though....

NordicJetSet
4th Feb 2008, 18:48
Hello Sonic83!

They also called me very early in the morning, but I could see their number. First time it was last thursday, I was sleeping and missed that call and they didn't leave any message on my voicemail. So I was prepared for Sunday and left my phone on for all night, and they called me at 6.45am my local time!

About the medicals, I got information from the recruitment agency that you used to be able to do them once you arrived in AUH, but since beginning of 2008, it's not possible anymore.

I just resigned today from my current job which I've had for five years! Hopefully everything goes as planned and I'll join March 2nd and there won't be anymore setbacks...

sil1233
5th Feb 2008, 01:56
With all the respect, I dont get it !! why you giveup working for such a great company like Lufthansa who offered you the job already and would open you doors to join any airline company if you wish to leave ,, for a company that is placing you on hold for months and nothing is confirmed yet!
I know its non of my business but why dont you just work for LH and if Etihad happened to call you ..then you go for it.

All the best :)

ashlea
5th Feb 2008, 09:34
I was actually wondering the exact same thing as the previous poster. Why put all your eggs in one basket? :}

Even if EY or the UAE is your dream.. you want to have a Plan B right?

main15
5th Feb 2008, 20:47
people still call you "trolley dollies or boys" in the middle-east, in fact people look at you like you are a piece of **** they treat you like servants, however, you learn to take it with a pinch of salt cos u know that in a few hours you will be of the a/c and at home or downroute having fun!

SuMmErDrEaMeR
6th Feb 2008, 05:25
It seems that for those who are putting "on-hold", are going to receive their call soon?

ashlea
6th Feb 2008, 05:30
That's what we're all wondering, yeah (and crossing our fingers for)... ;)

They seem to call people at the crack of dawn, so make sure your phone is charged and off-silent! :)

PJY
6th Feb 2008, 12:58
Hey Wannabee's and Exisiting EY CC,

Anyone out there willing to shed some light on what current conditions are like other than the well known accom. shortage? Is the airline doing well with customer perception? Are the crew's being looked after? Are the conditions what are stated in contracts? Are staff overall happy with what's going on. Any noticeable changes with the new F&B Managers coming on line?

ashlea
7th Feb 2008, 07:18
You might be better off sending PMs to existing crew members directly.. most people on this thread aren't working for Etihad (yet!)

jimbols6
7th Feb 2008, 11:29
does anybody have a brakedown of the package that EY are offering to new crew including allowances?

Midadi
7th Feb 2008, 20:18
Hi sonic,

woooooouuuhhhhhh that sounds hardcore!!!!!!!

What?? At first put on hold and than rejection letter?????!!!!!

Thats really crazy!!!! Maybe it was better for you....Swiss International Airlines has the same procedure here in Swizerland as Lufthansa and you can be happy that you still had your opportunity to remain with Lufthansa!!!!!

I also read it on other forums that there were several guys telling something like that about EY! It is really not fair in my opinion! the poor candidates who were waiting for soo many months!!!!!!!!

Good luck! I am waiting for Emirates Final Approval!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

midoy10
7th Feb 2008, 20:31
:bored:Etihad airlines may be reject you but it is a negatif aspect from you that afraid any one can sing in or want to work for EY .:bored:
LUFHTANSA is good and may be god want you to work in your country not in another airlines sonic , so good luck and good luck for who wait for the finnal decision to join EY :ok:

rockerlpz
8th Feb 2008, 00:52
Hi everyone, first of all , Sonic 83, I was shocked when I read your message, I´m really sorry, I can´t believe that they did something like that to you.. , don´t worry, becuase you´r really lucky to still be in Lufhtansa.

But sometimes I really don´t know what to think about Etihad, because at one hand you get to see cases like sonic 83 , but at the other hand, I know a lot of people that have been accepted and they began working in EY only after a couple of months after their assestment day.. so.. I don´t know what to think..

I guess sometimes is luck? , well, anyhow, does anyone knows any news regarding any posible near open days in the US?, specially in NY? , I really hope they begin recruiting again soon in march, because this wait is way too freaking long.. I swear to God... , or does anyone knows if maybe emirates would do open days in the US?, they´r already doing them in Canada.

Any News? , I´ll be looking forward for your answers

THANK YOU

ashlea
8th Feb 2008, 06:21
I'm really sorry it worked out that way :uhoh: It is very very lucky that you have Lufthansa though.. congrats and good luck with the training and your new career! :ok:

Did the person you spoke with really say all that? I can't imagine it.. saying that they 'don't know how to manage all the files' etc is not professional at all! Do you remember the name of the person you spoke to, and did they say anything else? :(

angalien
8th Feb 2008, 06:24
I don’t want to sound harsh but for some reason I don’t feel sorry for sonic83.

Sonic, from the very beginning you were saying that you would like to work for Etihad and so on at the same time telling all sort of things about Lufthansa. When you got rejection from Etihad we hear everything vice versa. If you were the recruiter would you like to have person with such attitude as a part of your team?

We all know that airways can be unfair and you were not the only person who they treated in such way but there are lots of other people who work for them without any visible problems. It seems that recruiting process is like Russian roulette when you never know what the next shot is going to bring you.

In any case I wish you good luck in your future job. ;)

humberto
8th Feb 2008, 07:22
:} alright guys and Sonic83....
I recieved the rejection email yesterday aswell it says ."Thank you for participating in the Cabin Crew assessment Day We appreciate your patience regarding the status of your application.

Due to current cabin crew department requirements, we are unable to proceed with your application. We understand that you may feel disappointed, and we do apologize for the time it has taken to get back to you regarding your application.

If Etihad Airways is still of interest to you, please feel free to re-apply for a Cabin Crew position in 6months or for any other positions we have available.

Thank you for your understanding, and good luck to you in your career endeavors."

I actually dont feel sad ,, i know if they could they would have taken us all and i am defenately going to apply again and to other airlines aswell :E
good luck to all.

ryz
8th Feb 2008, 17:02
Hi SOnic83..

OMG.. What's happening?? Do you remember the name of the girl who spoke to you..

I hope we can get some ideas what's really happening...

ianaav
8th Feb 2008, 18:01
Hey guys sorry for the ones rejected! I can't believe it. Maybe I should write them again, cause I wanna know the answer. What kind of company is that ??? Asking people to wait and then refuses?? This is unbelievable!
I need an answer and I don't want to wait anymore!

YPTD
9th Feb 2008, 04:58
I am new here and waited since last Dec too.. I am from Singapore.. Have read about all the post messages above.. Guess it is all about a waiting game.. Is there a possibility that they will get back to us in March..? I was wondering what is really happening.. They have rejected those who waited long too with the on-hold application.. :confused: Are you guys gonna wait till a positive reply or it is time we got to give up..? :( Guess if we have got to be interviewed again as for the 3 months apart waiting time.. Will it gonna happen or just wait to be rejected 1 by 1 or not even gonna be happen at all..? :confused:

elisa4
9th Feb 2008, 08:47
Sorry to hear what happened to some of you, must be quite shocking.

Still, this is the way how things work in The Gulf. This is definately not typical for Etihad only!!

Companies promise jobs all the time and 99 per cent of it never becomes reality.
You are never sure if you have a job here unless you actually sign the contract!

As far as I know: the on-hold e-mail did not promise you the job, right?

If you can t live with this uncertainty, then I suggest you get a job in another part of the world!!

SuMmErDrEaMeR
9th Feb 2008, 09:16
Hi

I feel sorry to hear that you are rejected.

Are they so riduculous:confused:

.goldenboy
9th Feb 2008, 10:16
Last year or the year before Etihad did the same drama (check previous posts),, but it was worse ..cause at that time they asked applicants to do their medical exams and we all know how costly it is ,, and then asked them to resign and then put them on-hold for 3 months (their reason that time was waiting for aircrafts delivery ) to reject them at the end .. i think we're lucky now that we havent gone through all this but the waiting.

Leito
9th Feb 2008, 15:18
Enough Sonic, GET OVER IT MATE !!!!!!!!!!

How long are you going to winge about EY, what part of YOU WERE ON HOLD didn't you get? and where on YOU WERE ON HOLD stated that you had the job?

Its undetstanding that you are upset but move on !!! :ok:

Moshi Moshi
10th Feb 2008, 06:29
Hi guys,
I was shocked to hear this news too. I'm the one who r waiting in this process too. I did all my medicals and last time I asked them, they told me to wait coz they are looking for the next available training date to bring me in. But I didn't get any on hold email.
So I wondered what's happened there?:ugh:

ryz
10th Feb 2008, 07:12
Hi Humberto...

Did you also call them to follow up your application prior to their rejection e-mail? or they just sent the e-mail..

humberto
10th Feb 2008, 07:47
I only did send an email to track my application progress and that was over 2 months ago .

Moshi Moshi*
are you currently a crew member/ex crew ? cause only those get their application considered and progressed to join at the moment as it seems.

globalflyguy
10th Feb 2008, 14:57
Hey there, e1. It sounds like there's some stress about the hold stuff & EY. Ya gotta remember that "on hold" pretty much means just that.
:}

And, if you're on hold with EY or any other company, I'm sure they won't be mad if you end up taking another job in case they want to move forward with you later. Congrats on getting through a day that most people don't get through. Just cuz they put you on hold doesn't mean you have to put the rest of your life on hold for EY.
:)

You also gotta remember that airlines are a business, and the recruitment people rely on all the other departments to be ready for people. It sounds like the email said the cabin crew department requirements changed. Bummer. But don't keep your life on hold for EY or anyone....if they call you to take you, then just tell them you couldn't stay on hold so you need a bit of time to change your life. Or just tell them you moved on.
:ok:

Good luck if you're lucky enough to get the job...if you want it, that is!
:p

Leito
10th Feb 2008, 16:05
You also gotta remember that airlines are a business,

Agree and remember that EY had an incident with a brand new A346 and that means that there is more crew than aircrafts, therefore things do change and as hard as it is to believe they need to be profitable and if it means to keep people on hold then be it, you guys need to look at the big picture and realize that they do it because they really have no other option and not to p:mad: s you off.

Keep your options open people and don't put all your eggs in one bascket. :=

moonjacq
10th Feb 2008, 22:44
First of all, I'm very sorry to Sonic for the drama with EY. The feeling is agony and I truly understand it as I was one of the "victim" too, 2years ago.

I used to have the same experience as Sonic, my batch was being on hold for a good 3months and followed by rejections. The worst part was that we spent big sum of money for the medicals! It was really dishearted as you are expecting a new life to begin but it ended up as a BIG JOKE. Check the old threads u will get the story.

This is the Arab world, everythings get changed just like that, and you will never know the actual reason behind. I'm sorry to those who are yet to hear back from EY, but my advise is to start your Plan B and be ready for the worst. Life goes on and you have to get over it. For your information, I'm now happily flying with another carrier in the middle east even after the EY nightmare. :}

midoy10
10th Feb 2008, 22:57
:mad:"This is the Arab world, everythings get changed just like that":mad:
this words it is the nightmare for me because you have to respect the arab world . Also why you are in this thread if you don t like work in middle east specially in EY i advise you to open your mind and be passion.:ok:

ashlea
11th Feb 2008, 00:14
Have to completely agree with everything you just said there.

I'm getting on with other things and have realized that you can be persistent about it if its what you really want, but don't let it be the end of the world if it can't work out for some reason.

Patience and perspective have a big hand in it too - so move on with things but keep it in the back of your mind if you need to (for whenever the open days continue!).

rockerlpz
11th Feb 2008, 01:26
Hi guys, I have a question: I already sent my online application through the Etihad website, but some people told me that maybe I should send it again through ASCG as well, so, I don´t know... because at ASCG they ask for "almost" , not all the same but almost the same things as the Etihad website, do you think I should fill and send the ASCG application as well?.

THANK YOU

moonjacq
11th Feb 2008, 06:23
Dear midoy10

First of all I apologize if my previous post has given you a NIGHTMARE but I would say with intention I want to criticize or complaint about the Arab world. Being an expats in this part of the world always we expect the unexpected therefore lot's of patience in need. I just hope that those who gets stucked in EY on-hold drama, they should start hopping into back up plan instead of plain wait. :ok:

Moshi Moshi
11th Feb 2008, 11:23
Yes, I'm ex crew with 8years experiences. When I applied with EY, I 'm still fly with my previous airline. Now I 'm resigned coz I wanted to prepare myself for EY so I really need this job. I'm unemployed now.:(

ianaav
11th Feb 2008, 21:52
Hey guys! Maybe we should write them and ask directly if we will ever be hired. Cause this hold on kills me! I would call but for me its 2 $ a minute:(

moonjacq
12th Feb 2008, 00:35
Hey, go ahead and give them a tinkle! I barely remember it costed me a big bomb to have called them many many times to find out the truth those days.:ugh:

ryz
17th Feb 2008, 08:06
Why some posts were deleted?

Any updates on the "on hold" applicants?

TightSlot
17th Feb 2008, 16:27
Folks,

This forum is intended for working Cabin Crew: Some time ago it was nearly over run with wannabees, and for that reason the wannabee threads were established to be a source of information for those seeking recruitment. It would seem that the wannabee threads are now being used for a sort of social networking function instead.

You need to be very clear on this - If your post does not contain concrete fact about the recruitment then it has no business on PPRuNe - anywhere: This means that any of the following stuff is not to be posted...

Facebooks, blogs, I'm so happy for you, woohoo I got it, wish me luck, send me a PM, msn me, will you be at the interview, follow your dreams etc. etc. All of this should be done by PM on PPRuNe (if you must - we'd rather that you didn't use our server space for it) or by Text Message - in fact do it anyway that you want - BUT DON'T POST IT ON A THREAD.

lili2929
17th Feb 2008, 16:32
Hi !

I have just received an invitation to the assessment day in Paris.

I am a little bit worried about my height, i am quite small and i can only reach 213 cm but not 214 cm as required!

Do i loose my time by going to the assessment day or should i try ?

CT7
17th Feb 2008, 16:43
Seems more like Etihad - Wannabees & Recruitment III is more about what the F#$K is going on with the Etihad recruitment process... if there is actually a process....

Moshi Moshi
22nd Feb 2008, 08:26
Guys,

Just let you know about my details, I did my assessment in Sept 2007. And EY told me to start my medical checks right away but I got low hemoglobin, then EY gave me time to cure myself. My medical checks were completed in Jan 2008 but I didn't get any on hold email.
But not because I'm ex crew, some of my friends got call too even they aren't ex crew.
I wish you guys all the best, I understood that feeling u have to wait.

maquillage1
23rd Feb 2008, 00:00
Since it looks like EY has started to hand out some DOJ's, would I be right to assume that within a month or so, they may start up their assessment days again?

flygirl330
26th Feb 2008, 22:53
Can anyone help me, I have just got the contract via e-mail and I am evry concerned about it. It is so poor of info and many important things are not even mentioned.
-Do you know if I can leave the country during my off days? I have heard some rumors that they keep your passport for some months so you can't leave the country!
-Do you know when I 'll be entitled to fly with EY with discounted prices?
What about flight time limitations?
-About leave: when can you take them?
-Off days????How many?

pinkus
27th Feb 2008, 03:06
Hey I work for EY the contract should outline leave. Are you sure its your proper contract?

You have to have 8 days off a month. They can reduce it to 7 but then you have to have 9 the following month.

You can't work more than 7 days in a row. The only exception to this is the SIN-BNE trip which is 9 days but you have days off out of base. You also have to have 2 consecutive days off in every 10 days.

You get unlimited id90s and 1d 50s for yourself on all airlines we have an agreement with ( generally star alliance) Your parents also get tickets on star alliance. Then you get 2 ID 90s and 2 ID50s on EY only that you can give to whoever you like.

If you have any questions PM me.

YPTD
2nd Mar 2008, 12:27
Left 3 days before 3 months deadline.. What's gonna be the next reply..? Haiz.. Called over Abu Dhabi but they do not have the November applications with them but the October ones which 3 of them got through only.. November applications are still processing.. It takes a longer time to be in but a shorter time to fly or be rejected.. Let's hope for the best for all of us.. Don't give up.. We have waited for so long.. Don't drop out halfway.. Alternatives will still be around us but let's put our main priority as our first choice.. I guess everyone of us are still wondering with ????? No news is good news.. comfort ourselves with that.. :)

ashlea
2nd Mar 2008, 14:49
What do you mean, only 3 people from October got through? You mean to say only 3 people they interviewed in that entire month got the job..? I doubt so :=

YPTD
2nd Mar 2008, 22:48
I am not sure too whether is the whole month or whatever.. She just said was the October batch and she only got 3 candidates application with her whom are in already.. I guess the October batch are those who had their first interview in Sept and their final in October.. I guess should be that.. The rest are still processing especially the November batch..

ashlea
3rd Mar 2008, 03:53
Just saw the positions for CC Manager have been taken down, so only left CC, and the F&B Managers now..

CT7
6th Mar 2008, 03:47
Of course if you want to work for Virgin Australia on the B777....

Cabin Crew jobs for V Australia are advertised on:

http://www.bfound.net/list.aspx?CoId=43&rq=5

Applications close 9th March.

dazednconfused
7th Mar 2008, 10:07
It looks like Etihad are starting to recruit new CC again. If you check out Cabin Crew vacancies on another website the recruitment company ASCG are looking for applicants for future open days in Spain, the US and UK.

I applied through ASCG in December and heard nothing but I guess there is hope for me yet!!

ianaav
9th Mar 2008, 10:43
Oh my God! Etihad just called and asked me when can I join!!! I had been waiting for so long! Did anyone receive a call too?
Now what??? They said to wait an e-mail. Can anyone tell me what is the process?
And she told me that I have to do my medicals in Abu Dhabi. This is strange, perhaps she doesn't know, cauze I know that I have to do them here.

Everyone good luck!!!

lili2929
9th Mar 2008, 10:46
Congratulations Ianaav :D

How long have you been "on hold" before your golden call ?

ianaav
9th Mar 2008, 10:50
Well my interview was on the 4th of december! I thought its over, cauze its about 3 months. The girls english was awfull, I asked her if i was rejected, but she asked how much time do I need to quit my job!

lili2929
9th Mar 2008, 10:55
I had my interview 2 weeks ago and i received the same message as you...My application is "on hold" :uhoh:

I thought it was like a rejected response... but your message gives me hopes:)

dazednconfused
9th Mar 2008, 12:49
I didnt think they had actually started the recruiting yet? you had your interview 2 weeks ago??

lili2929
9th Mar 2008, 13:09
Actually i had my interview on the 28th of february... I did get a response few days later to tell me that my application was on hold for 3 months.

dazednconfused
9th Mar 2008, 19:47
Where did you have your interview and how did you apply for it?

dazednconfused
12th Mar 2008, 10:48
It seems as though the EY applicants that were put on hold have started to be processed.. and therefore I would like to ask if anyone knows of any assessment days coming up?!? I applied through ASCG recruitment and it seems as though they are about to start up again but I am not sure... They posted on the Cabin Crew website but that was 10 days ago now, I updated my application, but haven't heard back yet...
And then someone on here had an assessment day on the 28th of Feb which does not make any sense to me at all as I cannot find any websites that talk about new recuitment..

Anyone knows what's going on?

globalflyguy
12th Mar 2008, 12:10
Hey, dazed.

For Etihad recruitment days, Etihad always lists their assessment days on their website. If they are going to recruit more people, then they will post a schedule on their website. Any other company that has information about assessing candidates may or may not be affiliated directly with Etihad.

If you're talking to a company, and not directly with Etihad Airways, keep in mind that the company you're talking to is honestly working with Etihad. There are some less-than-honest companies out there. The best way is to complete an application at Etihad's website.

Good luck to you if you attend an assessment day!!! I've tried once and I'll try again!!
:)

dazednconfused
12th Mar 2008, 13:03
Thanks... and good luck to you too:-)

I am pretty sure ASCG is legit as other people have applied through them and they are posting on the cabincrew website.. However, guess they have not gotten permission from Etihad to go through with it just yet....

I actually did not expect them to start recruiting any time soon but i was plesantly surprised when i saw their post... I called them up and they said that they did not have any recruitment dates as of yet so guess it'll still be a while......

If anyone has new info please write!!

ashlea
13th Mar 2008, 17:15
I'm IN!! :} Nearly 4 months after my final interview, I'm IN! Can't wait for my DOJ! :O

ryz
13th Mar 2008, 17:20
Did they call you or email you?

What did they told you?

I am waiting for the status of my application.. but, still no feedback yet...

ashlea
13th Mar 2008, 17:55
You can PM me if you want an exact rundown of the communication :p

rockerlpz
15th Mar 2008, 21:50
Hi guys, I 'm already in New York , does anyone know any news about the alleged open day / assestment day here in New York ?? , do you know if Etihad will start recruiting again this month or the next one?

flygirl330
16th Mar 2008, 22:20
Hi guys, I am in too. I am just waiting for the starting date course.After 3 months waiting for them, I got the contract: 6th April starting course. I couldn't say yes so I asked if they had another date. The HR told me maybe the 20th april....but I am still waiting the last approval for the 20th april.

I am spending a lot of money for my medicals in my home country as he told me to complete them here before joining....

Do you know anything abouth 20th april?

thank you

Alina_cc
17th Mar 2008, 15:54
Dear all,

My name is Alina, I am from Bucharest, Romania.
First of all, congratulations to all of you who made it! I am sure you will have a great time!
Unfortunately for me, I am out of the game. I had my assessment on December 1st 2007 and I was put on hold. After 3 months and a half I received the email saying "unable to proceed with your application"..."we understand you may feel dissappointed"..."we are sorry"...etc.
I have to say that I did a great interview throughout all 5 stages, I have a very good CV, met all the criteria and had excellent recommendations. Much to my dissappointment, it was not enough. It's a shame they do not provide feedback, it would be very helpful.
Becoming cabin crew is my dream. It really is. I hope one day soon it will become reality.
I wish everybody good luck. To all of you who made it, maybe we will be colleagues one day! :ok: I am not giving up!:=

AINI
17th Mar 2008, 19:09
Alina, why don't you try the new airlines you have in Romania as I heard. Few EY romanian girls have already left back to Romania and working for this new airline and they are very happy

CT7
17th Mar 2008, 19:15
Damn. And your English is of a high standard too!

If it's your dream then you will achieve it.

All the best. There are other airlines - try Emirates or your local ones.

humberto
18th Mar 2008, 19:07
Etihad finally updated their world wide assessment days!! as well as their cabin crew minimum requirements now they need you to have atleast 2 years of customer service experience and be 21 years old.

ashlea
18th Mar 2008, 19:13
Seems they are still working through the last of those put in hold (Nov/Dec 2007) at present.

I was told I would get the go-ahead to complete my medicals in due time.. so my guess would be April (the same month they will start up the assessment days again perhaps)? for once I'm perfectly ok about the wait -- means I have sone time to save up a little bit for the possible move!

ashlea
18th Mar 2008, 19:24
humberto -- didn't see your post until just now.

The new requirements explains a lot - as people from my finals group were really wondering why some weren't getting through...

Must say I'm very relieved to have just had my 21st birthday.. phew :-)

maquillage1
18th Mar 2008, 19:32
humberto - Just checked their website, and so excited to see that they've updated it! I hope to attend one of their days in May or June!

I've also noticed the new requirements as well. I think you had to be 20 before, and I dont think work experience was a requirement.

ashlea
18th Mar 2008, 19:41
Haven't they also made the educational requirement more specific? Or is that just my imagination?

In any case, yay! All those hours in the hotel/restaurant/bar sectors have paid off (I hope)! :-D

dazednconfused
18th Mar 2008, 19:55
This is good news ideed:-)
Does anyone know what I am to do with my application as to get an invitation to the assessment day in London? I do not live in London so I doubt they will contact me even though I fullfill the requirements... any help would be greatly appreciated.. (I applied in late November, but my application status is still only set to "applied")

humberto
18th Mar 2008, 20:01
Sadly I didnt get through with Etihad even though I meet all their new requirments and after 5 months of waiting I've got the no ,, but to my luck I've got the green light from Emirates .. as people say when a door closes another door opens . So guys who faced the same situation as i did ,dont lose hope cause your next real opportunity is just around the corner.
All the best :D

maquillage1
18th Mar 2008, 20:13
dazedconfused:

Even though you dont live in London, chances are, if you get an invite, it will be to attend an assessment day in the city closest to you.

I applied last year, and didnt even complete my application (!), and I got an invite a week before an assessment day in a city I did not live in, but was in the same country.

So keep positive! Chances are, if you get the invite, it will be a week or two before the actual day. Maybe they have changed how they send out their invites. Perhaps anyone that gets an invite this year can let us know how early they get it!

lili2929
18th Mar 2008, 20:42
I confirm that if you are invited, you will get an invitation one or two weeks before the assessment day.
I went to an assessment day 3 weeks ago and that how it was !

dazednconfused
18th Mar 2008, 20:49
I suggest that whoever gets an invitation first writes it on this forum..that would be great help for a lot of us I would imagine!!

To everyone: Good luck!!!!!!

ryz
19th Mar 2008, 10:00
Hey guys!!

I called them today to follow up the status of my application.. Finally.. I was advised to proceed with the medical.. yehy!:):ok:

Sofia_02
19th Mar 2008, 10:17
CONGRATS :ok: :D

flygirl330
19th Mar 2008, 11:51
Guys, I am in...20th April!!! Who is gonna be with me????:)

flygirl330
19th Mar 2008, 11:53
Sofia..any news???

Sofia_02
19th Mar 2008, 13:29
GREAT GREAT!!!!!! :ok: :O
Still waiting for some clearance to be approved then i can start my medicals.. that's all i know, but i am waiting :)
Would be terrific if i could start the same day as you ;) let's hope.

ianaav
19th Mar 2008, 14:15
I want to go with you too!!! Would be very nice to start on the 20th.
I'm waiting for clearance as Sofia.

ashlea
19th Mar 2008, 16:38
Yep yep, I'm the same as you guys -- ianaav & sofia!

Maybe we can put in some kind of request for April 20th .. we can graduate from training as the pprune batch!

ryz
20th Mar 2008, 12:33
Hey guys..

Can somebody send me a copy of the medical forms... please...:)

Are they strict with the medical???:confused: Im afraid not to pass this medical clearance:ooh:.. Anyway, I dont think that I have any serious health problem.

CJN72
20th Mar 2008, 13:00
Hi everyone, Im an ex cabin manager from Etihad Airways. The medical is quite intensive but don't worry too much about it as you'll raise ur blood pressure and they are very strict if its high as they wont clear you to fly!!! Hope anyone who gets to work for Etihad has a good time there. There a good airline but very very strict. Also you'll find that some of the answers crew give to safety questions in the pre flight briefing are terrible to put it mildly and cabin managers are not afraid to off load anyone who they feel unsafe to operate. If anyone requires any info about the company i'll try to answer any questions. Happy Flying

Timea
20th Mar 2008, 15:33
Hi guys,

can anyone tell me something about cabin crew salaries at Etihad??

Thanx

Timea;)

chai latte
21st Mar 2008, 06:38
The basic is 2500 AED, every duty day is 250 AED( including standby and layovers),overtime hours ( above 110 duty hours) every hour 40AED, layover allowance 12-16 AED per hour depending on the destination.
Usually you have 8-11 days off so you should have 18-21 working days.
If you need to know anything else, feel free to ask.Regards

ianaav
21st Mar 2008, 17:31
MMh I tryed to calculate but if it's not to personal could you tel me what is the average salary per month...and if it's possible to save any money??

Thanks

1flighty1
22nd Mar 2008, 06:17
what a coincidence, I was literally just on the Etihad website just a second ago, checking on the salaries. On the website it says their basic salary ranges from:
AED 3020/month
AED 210/ flying day
AED 288 / layover per day. (On the website it says the pay is ranged from this to prices slightly higher but ive just given you the lowest prices. I always think its best to prepare yourself for the lowest anyway.) So just go to currency convertor and change it to your currency to see what you get per month. hope that helps!

Timea
22nd Mar 2008, 18:43
Do you get some diets as well to your basic salary + to your duty hours??Or you aint got any diets....Or if you staying few hours in destinations, are they paying for it too?

epstein22
22nd Mar 2008, 19:48
Hey, as crew with Etihad, I have to agree, some of the answers crew give in In Flight breifings are bad, but so are the questions given. No need to stress over that guys, until u get in. Just to let you know also that Etihad has purchased 20 A320 aircrafts. (Very small) So to work with Etihad, be prepared to see a months roster full of India and Pakistan turnarounds. No allowances for these.

EYner
23rd Mar 2008, 04:51
hi, ... no need to be negative, ... i have worked with my previous airline, and they had 20 320 also, ... i used not to do only turn arounds, sometimes i fly 320 only after 2 or 3 months, and if i have a 320 flights, i fly it twice a month, ... so no need to give negative feelings, ... and concercning the very very strict company as somebody mentioned before, Etihad has to be strict when it comes to safety, you are paied to do the job, so some people have to grow up and think that work is a part of our contract, otherwise i have just joined etihad and i am having so much fun, ... thta's true that the managhement was not that great before but i feel that the new structure is doing great, ... i think etihad is good and it's getting better, ... good luck.

chai latte
23rd Mar 2008, 07:48
I agree, layovers are rare. What I've noticed, once u join, u get first 2-3 rosters v nice flights, mostly layovers and easy turnourounds.Later it only gets worse... I get max 2 layovers per month, out of which 1 is a request.The rest is long turnourounds ( 10-12 hours duty ).
The basic salary and duty day allowance gets higher after 6 months and then after u are upgraded.So I think the starting is 2500 basic and 210 per day. I am flying 8months now and have 3300 basic and 250 per day.
Even when u have layovers in europe and get around 300 AED per day its not much as the Euro , $, UK pound are v high relatively to AED.

evogear
23rd Mar 2008, 11:17
Hello guys,

finally Etihad updated their global recruitment campaign. however i found few new requirement such as age and experience.

im currently 20y.o ( will be 21 on may ) and 2 year working experience, which i dont have, because i graduated on 2006.

shall i just go for the open day, they are coming on april.

can anyone advice me how the open day will be like in Singapore?

Thank you

lili2929
23rd Mar 2008, 11:54
Evogear,

As it is not an open day but an assessment day, you can't just show up at Etihad, you must get an invitation first.

evogear
23rd Mar 2008, 14:12
Yup... just realized that, mistaken with Emirates.

how do i get the invitation? i have applied online...

how much time they send the invitation before the assessment day?

thanks

lili2929
23rd Mar 2008, 14:59
You just have to wait to get an invitation now.

They will contact you maximum 2 or 3 weeks before the assessment day... They can even call you the day before !

evogear
23rd Mar 2008, 15:29
Thank you so much.....

slori2000
23rd Mar 2008, 17:33
Hi everybody,

Can anyone tell me how much is an average salary at Etihad?
I read the posts,but I cannot calculate exactly.
If you do not want to make a public post,just plz be so kind email me>[email protected].

I had an interview with Etihad last year,I was not successful,but I am still interested in giving one more try in the future and I would highly appreciate a proper answer for my question!

Kind regards>>>slori2000

maquillage1
23rd Mar 2008, 19:05
hey evogear:

Last year I got my invite, via email, a week before the assessment day. Definitely fairly last minute, especially if you have to make travel arrangements, but worth it! So you will probably get your invite a week before. Keep checking EY's website for when the assessment day will be, then you will have an idea of when to expect one.

FlyingFromTheUK
23rd Mar 2008, 19:13
Can i ask question, please!

Has the Mini Age of crew always been 21yrs old?

Just when i applied it was 20 i am sure... and i even passed the first two stages of the application and just waiting for a itnerview date and i am only 20yrs old and not 21 until Oct Hmmm...

Just i had look on website and it's saying 21!!!

Thank You!

maquillage1
23rd Mar 2008, 19:23
FlyingFromTheUK:

Previously, EY's minimum requirements stated that you had to be at least 20. Now, they've raised that now to 21, and now require a minimum of 2 years customer service experience.

Where you're not 21 until October, they may wait until you're 21 to offer you an interview or a DOJ. Your best bet would be to try contacting the HR department? :)

evogear
24th Mar 2008, 01:08
you give me hopes...
crossing my finger now...

thank you..

Timea
24th Mar 2008, 07:37
Heloo everybody..

I was asked to do my medical and they told me that the trainings are running every week so after my medical we will arrange my date of start at Abu Dhabi.Guys what you think, will it be problem if I am gonna tell them that I can start only within 1- 2 months?

Thanks for your reply

Timea;)